Vox Populi
[html]
http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... unktab.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">This thread is for Orin, and no one else, I hope this works for you, if you need more, then I can change it, just shoot me a pm or a IM.

Want to be God, the Devil, like me?

Anatoliy had lead him to Rurik's house in the little town of Lunenburg. Vox, the stallion whom he had been with the whole entire time, had finally become tired of having Mars on his back, so he had started to refused to move and whatnot until Mars physically got off and pulled him by the reigns to get him to come on. The buckskin immediately followed when the extra weight of the luperci was off of his back and all he had on his back were the supples that Mars had brought along with him. Once that his half brother had lead him to Rurik's house, Mars had gotten extremely shy. He stood there in front of the house for quite some time, refusing to go up and see if the other male was home. Tol got tired of waiting for Mars so he had left the two males to their business and went wherever he was going to go. The black and white husky was scared to move, his steel eyes locked on the door. So are you just gonna fucking sit there like a bump on a log and look at your father's door or are you going to wake the fuck up and walk up there and meet him? Bartholomew had a point since the kid had been standing there for a good ten-fifteen minutes now, just staring at the door. Shut up Bartholomew. I'm...scared... he didn't want to admit it, but Bart would figure out that Mars was scared either way. Well, I'm sure as hell not. Get the fuck outta here Mars, I'll take care of this.
NO! I will do this myself. Back the fuck off Bart. Mars growled to the other male whom was inching closer and closer to the twin. Mars lifted his lips to show his canines to the other male as he spoke to him. It was obvious that Mars wanted the memory of meeting his father to be his own and not Bart's. Plus, it wasn't like Bartholomew would leave a good impression on the Russo, simply because Bartholomew had an obsession with Lyndi, and cursed Mars for leaving the woman back in California to find a man that knew nothing of his own American son. What a conflicted individual that this man was.

Mars then proceeded to take his horse by his reigns and move away from the house, and to the one next door. It was a slightly bigger house than the one that Rurik would live in with the rest of his legitimate children that he "loved" and knew about. Mars felt left out since he had met his half-brother. He was left out, and he didn't have the balls to go up and become part of the family. He was weird, and he knew it, but he also thought that he could never, ever fit in with another family other than his mother and her slavery and beatings. He didn't think that he deserved anymore than that. You'd then ask why he ran away. The answer would be was that he wanted to make a new life, somewhere new, something different. He wanted to pursue his dreams, but he always had the low self-esteem in his mind, when in his eyes, in his body held a proud man, with an ego just as big as everyone else's, perhaps even bigger. The actor looked at his house that he would claim next to his father's house and he had walked into the old gates with the horse following behind him, and behind the horse, the other male wolven that plagued Mars' mind. Mars walked up to the old house, and looked at it. It needed some major fixing up that would take him a good day or two to fix up if he worked all day. Today, he was tired, so he more than likely would rest today and start on rebuilding and fixing up the house tomorrow. Maybe if he had help he would start today. He didn't know at the moment so he took his guitar off of the horse's back and he had taken it within his hands he he sat down in an old ass chair that creaked under his weight, but for some reason, it did not collapse, which was good on his end, because he didn't want to fall over or anything.

The mustang had went to work, nibbling on the overgrown grasses of what was now, his and Mars' and Bart's home.

Mars talks Bartholomew talks

[/html]
[html]

ooc... Nuuu! Your post is a great starter!

WC 600+

A Day-Glo streak zipped past the gates of the formerly abandoned house. Had she not noticed the faint strumming of a guitar – okay, or, well, the big horse in the yard was a dead give-away, too – she might have kept going. But the faint strumming of chords as Mars undoubtedly either tuned up, played some riff, or perhaps his fingers had just accidentally brushed the strings, stopped the small woman in her tracks. She hadn’t known that anyone lived here in particular, and hadn’t been sprinting on by because she was late for a date, although she did know a few of the Russos. Orin had never visited the Russo home, and didn’t realize the house next door was Rurik’s dwelling, though had she stopped and paid attention, she probably would have figured it out. Still, ‘the obvious’ was not always obvious to Orin.

By the time she skidded to a stop she was at the edge of the yard. Had she been in her quadruped form, she probably could have jerked herself to a stop much easier, but it was always much more difficult to brake when you were sprinting on two legs. She didn’t want to topple over. Spinning on her toes, her pink dreadlocks bounced on her shoulders as she marched back to the gate, leaned over, and peered through the opening so only her head, and a few stray, bright locks, poked through. Her honey-colored eyes narrowed, then widened as she stared at the man perched on a precarious chair near the house. She never met this man before, she certainly would have remembered him if she had. He had a signature style of dress and if that wasn’t enough, a very unique fur pattern. She liked it. . . she was a little jealous of it. She had no fur pattern at all, being stark white all over, and had to resort to dyes to get any variety of color in her fur at all.

Well, anyway, if he was here in Cour des Miracles parked right in the middle of Lunenburg, he couldn’t possibly be a threat, right? Logic undeniable, Orin squeezed through the gate without pushing it any further open than she had to, which was a simple feat for her petite form, and padded forward on barely pattering feet. She didn’t intend to sneak up on the man, but she was often naturally quiet. Anyway, he had probably seen her, but Orin hadn’t noticed him peek up from his preoccupation yet. She assumed he noticed her bright form enter the yard and make a wide birth around the grazing equine. Her only experience with horses was with stabled ones well cared for, she knew nothing of how to act around them when they weren’t game (and to be honest, Orin had never hunted one, either, they were far too bulky), so she gave this one a big of cautious space. Though, once given the chance to ‘meet’ the animal officially, she would have no qualms about being friendly with the horse.

“Hey!” she said with a hearty sprinkling of cheer once she was close enough to talk without having to call out. Her eyes were still round, and her ears were cupped towards Mars, listening for the next move on the guitar. She knew about musical instruments, but had never heard one that wasn’t being smashed over someone’s head before. Her mouth hung open a bit. “What is that?” She inched closer, arm outstretched, oblivious to the man and simply staring at the guitar itself. . . she was about to touch it. . .

[/html]
[html]
http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... unktab.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;"> OOC: Yey <333

Distraction. It was a time when Mars and Bart could sit there and appreciate the differences between the two. While Bartholomew could swim, Mars could play music. So on and so forth. Bart sat in silence out in the overgrown yard to the right of Mars, whom had his eyes down on his guitar, his ears totally focused on what he was doing. He listened to the simple rhythm that he was working with. He was imagining a chorus of people singing in the background, drums playing. He got into his playing so much that it wasn't clear to him what was going on around him. He easily got lost on different planets, and that's where Bart could come in if he was really determined to have control of the body. Mars was in full control at the moment though, just because he had such strength in the song that Bart was actually fully enjoying the male playing. Mars.. the male called out to the other. You have company. The other didn't understand between the singing of the thousands of other voices and the distinct voice of the male who was closest to him. Bartholomew's voice faded away after awhile, drown in the thousands of voices that had invaded his mind for the seconds that he was playing. He always counted things in seconds by the way. There weren't minutes, hours, only seconds. There were days, weeks, months, years, but when he was talking about how many seconds he had been playing, or how many seconds he had been doing this and that. Never minutes, or hours. It made him feel like he was doing things longer when he counted in seconds.

It wasn't until Vox had nickered lightly that Mars had gotten slightly distracted. The large beast had moved along his peripheral view, he continued to play, but his tune calmed down suddenly, though the transition seemed like it would be natural, and done intentionally. Mars, Company. Bart let the words run from his mouth again as he looked out towards the woman whom had been squeezing her way into the gate and approaching the porch. Soon, she was up to him, and he finally looked up. Hey! What is that? the woman spoke, her hand reaching out to touch his guitar. Audits fell back on his head as quickly, probably quicker than he ever before and his lips lifted lightly as he moved the guitar out of the young woman's reach. Not only had she come up here uninvited, but she tried to touch his things without asking. He smoothed out his face though, and shook his head lightly. Just....don't touch. the Californian spoke to the woman, his voice flat and calm, though cold. He never meant to be cold at times, it was just nature sometimes. You have no social elegance. This is a new place you know, Mars. Bart let his thoughts intrude into the thoughts of Mars, who grumbled lightly. Sorry... he offered a quick apology. My name is Mars Russo. I'm new to Cour Des Miracles. Who are you, young lady? he asked, being on his best behavior for the moment.

[/html]
[html]

WC 300+

Her fingers were about to brush against the neck of the guitar when Mars suddenly snapped to consciousness, giving her a threatening look that she would rather have never seen. She had come so close to him, and really there was no reason for him not to notice her there, so why did he wait for the very last second to snap at her? Luckily, when his voice came, it was level. She had given an audible gasp and a look of panic crossed her face at his reaction, and if his voice had been mean she probably would have straight out started bawling. As it was, her eyes seemed teary enough. Her mouth opened but she was at a loss for words, so it snapped shut just as quickly. Finally, in frustration, she stomped a few steps back, put her hands on her hips, and bent over to Mars’s height. “If ya don’t wanta share your stuff, then just say so.”

But the brisk apology was enough to balm the little wound he’d picked, and she straightened herself back up and was as cheery as a daisy in two seconds flat. She should have already noticed something off with this character, should have taken note of the muttering, or the lack of focus (or was it too much focus?), but Orin lived in her own head, too, and paid no heed. Her smile returned. “Russo!” she boomed the name like she was calling to the gods. “Oh! You are a new member of Cour des Miracles! We have Russo’s here! I mean, I’m sure you knew that. Are you looking for them? I’ve met Liliya and Rurik. I like them. Rurik gave me a fire drink once,” she clutched at her throat with the memory of the alcohol. “It burned for days!”

She scooted up next to him and slipped down into a crouch at his feet, peering up past his guitar and into his shaded eyes. “You didn’t answer my question. You were too busy snarling at me,” she was joking. “What is that?” She held her hand out gesturing to it again, but this time didn’t try to lay her fingers on it.

[/html]
[html]
http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... unktab.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;"> OOC: mars is weird, sorry for his weirdness...Also, sorry that he's lame and quiet.

If ya don’t wanta share your stuff, then just say so. the woman spoke to him. Left ear was pinned back, the other on his company. Steel eyes were watching her with pinpoints at pupils because of the brightness of the day that was before the two. Mars lifted his hand over his mouth as he let out a yawn of sorts. Or, you could have some manners and not touch what is not yours, or at least asked before you reached out to touch. the male pointed out as a matter of factly. His voice was still level and still calm, cold. There wasn't the intention to be cold behind his voice, it was just natural for him. A lot of bad habits were natural for Mars, as were they for Bart. Them both having little tics that made them completely different.

Russo! the woman had excitedly yelled out. It made Mars flinch back a bit, but he listened on to say the least. Oh! You are a new member of Cour des Miracles! We have Russo’s here! I mean, I’m sure you knew that. Are you looking for them? I’ve met Liliya and Rurik. I like them. Rurik gave me a fire drink once she was excited, and he wasn't. He almost inched away from the woman, not wanting her to be so close, but against all instinct, he sat there as still as he could be, his pinpoint pupils locked on the woman and her movements still. He wouldn't chance anything. She seemed nice and all, but everyone held a mask that they had on in front of people. Even Mars had a mask of sorts, and so did Bart. You never knew the intentions of another unless you lived with them and shared everything with them. It burned for days! the woman went on. Mars stayed silent, Bart looked over at the only one who could see him. You going to be able to handle her, Mars? You don't look so good so far. Bart asked, steel eyes meeting the other's same hued orbs. Mars shook his head and pulled out the cigarette carton that was in his jacket pocket. He opened it put a butt into his lips, pulled it from the case, closed it and then returned it to his pocket. He proceeded to take out a lighter and to light the end of the cancer stick before he inhaled off of the end of it and took it from his mouth to speak to the woman. Eet ees called vodka. the American spoke, imitating a Russian accent. He had heard it from his half brother, Anatoliy, and he also figured his father would have that same accent because of their nationality. He, himself had no accent other than the one you found to be American. Bart, too had an american accent when he decided not to play games with the minds of people and actually speak correctly. His tone still was the same, unchanging from the calm, cold tone that he used. The fire water, I mean. the male spoke, taking another drag off of his cigarette. This little stick was the only thing that was keeping him from flipping out on the girl. It was keeping him from getting stressed out. New people stressed Mars out some.

You didn’t answer my question. You were too busy snarling at me, What is that? he could hear the playfulness of her voice, but was completely serious the whole time, a smile not daring to crack on his face. It's a guitar. Cousin to the violin, lute, harp, etc. I'm guessing since you don't know what it is, that you've never had too much an interest in music. he spoke, cocking his brow at the woman. Or do you? What did you say your name was again? Mars couldn't remember if she had said her name or not, and wanted to make sure that he didn't miss anything.

[/html]
[html]

WC 500+

An exasperated sigh escaped her as she opened her mouth to say something in retort, or protest, though found herself at a loss for words (for once). Despite her willingness to argue, he did have a valid point there, and she couldn’t figure how to fight it. So, accepting her loss, she stayed quiet and moved on with the ebb of their awkward conversation.

“Yeah, vodka, that was it. That’s how Rurik said it, too,” she mused at the mimicked accent. Not once did she seem to notice the man’s distance or stiffness. Her nose rumpled when he took out the cigarette and lit it, but she made no disparaging remark about it, it only smelled funny on the first light. After that, it was woodsy, like campfire, only. . . with a bit more tang to the smoke’s scent. It didn’t bother her, though, and in this day and age, she had never known about all the anti-tobacco propaganda and the war the humans had raged against the habit. Now it had reverted to another simple thing people did for whatever their personal desire. “I would never drink that again. Okay, well, never say never. Maybe eventually. Okay, maybe next time I see Rurik. . .” She trailed off for a moment in self-satisfying babble as she remembered, despite the unpleasant taste, that the alcohol had had a strange and rather pleasant temporary effect on her.

“Oh!” She exclaimed as a hand shot up to her mouth. How rude of her! He had asked her name and she had been so caught up with her curiosity that she ignored the question. She giggled softly. “Sorry about that. I’m Orin Takekuro. And no, Mars Russo, I have not not had an interest in music. I just. . . have never had a chance around an instrument.” She giggled again for no obvious reason - something she said probably amused herself, most likely the double negative. Double negatives tickle her because they are tricky.

“I didn’t grow up here. Any treasures like that were looted from the cities I come from long before I was ever even born. The ones that were left were either scrap, firewood, or fashioned into weapons.” She sighed, staring off into the yard and focusing on the meandering horse for a moment. “But I always thought I would like music!” She was suddenly upbeat again. “I think I understand the concept – most of the books I read mention something about it here or there. Lute, I’ve heard of that, oftentimes carried by bards in plays. And violin, that’s classical. And harp, that makes me think of. . . women wrapped in sheets.” Her expression was just as confused as her voice with the last one, but she was speaking honestly. The relation was undoubtedly from some illustration she had once come across.

“Anyway, the only thing I’ve ever come close to hearing is drums,” she tapped her foot on the ground in a steady rhythm. “The only type of instrument you can pretty much take with you anywhere. Plus, sometimes it’s just damn fun to hit things.” Beneath the steady rhythm, she hummed softly and just slightly out of tune.

[/html]
[html]
http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... unktab.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;"> OOC:

He didn't fail to notice that the woman had no argument back to the sharing and the touching of personal possession. He was glad that she didn't retaliate, because then he would probably get angry and it would all be just a big mess of events after that point. She went on to speak about how his father had pronounced the word the same way he did. It was bad when everyone else knew your father, and you barely had a clue what he looked like. I told you that you should have let me go up there and knock on that door since you didn't have the balls enough to do it, Mars. Shut up Bart, nobody asked you anything. the male talked to himself, clearly having a conversation between a male called Bart, and himself. The woman was probably confused. Mars looked from the right (his head had turned to Bart's direction to get a visual of the other male) back to the woman. The woman babbled on about how she would never drink again, and then she denied what she said, not once, but twice. What is my father like? Is he a good person? the male asked out of curiosity, both of his audits pulled towards the woman and his head cocked to the right.

She had seemed surprised that she had missed the whole question about her name. Her dramatic motion of her hand covering her mouth and her mouth letting out the excited "oh!" had caused Mars to flinch back slightly. She introduced herself as "Orin Takekuro" and she had gone on to speak to him about how she did like music, and that she never had the opportunity to be around an instrument. His own, the white fender had been restored and painted by himself back in LA (where they had tons and tons of music stores) and he had been around music ever since. The male watched the woman, almost sympathetic that she had never heard the beautiful chords of a guitar, or violin, or perhaps a piano. She explained that she knew of what he talked about, but the only instrument that she had been around in real life would be a drum. Mars wasn't a drummer. Not at all. He could do everything else, and even imagine the beat of a drum in the background to his own guitar and whatnot, but he never found himself able to play one. Bartholomew never thought to play a drum. The simple idea of it all though had been interesting to Bartholomew, which happened to be a reason why he had still been around, watching the two communicate and even butting in every now and then.

As she had tapped on the ground, Mars had rocked lightly back and forth before he let his fingers dance over the guitar strings, adding a melody to the woman's simple beat. I'm not so much a drummer. Strings have always been my interest. I was never taught how to play a drum. Mother was against loud noises that drums make.. the male spoke, thinking back to when he really first got into music, when he was under the care of his mother and that pack that be failed to remember the name of because of his lack of wanting to go back. The bards of the pack used to play music for them, but once the drummer of the band got too close to their den and mother freaked out on the drummer, but let the rest of the band continue to play. Mars would watch them everyday, and everyday, the drummer would have to stop playing because of the higher ranked Lyndi Cubbins. The dumb whore. Orin, do you know of any old music stores that might be in the area? I need some new strings for my violin. the male asked the woman, wondering if she knew the area that well or not.

[/html]
[html]

ooc... Feel free to control the walk if he accepts the invite. =)

WC 800+

“Knock on what door?” Her expression mutated into a mixture of bewilderment and wonder as the man said something that was clearly not directed at her. An eyebrow arched in silent question, but she held back her words for a moment as she leaned forward to peer around Mars to see who he was talking to. Yet, to her dismay, she couldn’t see anyone there. She cocked her head but leaned back and pretended not to notice, although it toiled in her mind. Clearly she just missed something, so she shrugged off Bart’s debut and continued to drum lightly on the ground beneath her words.

“Your father?” She thought a moment, then it dawned on her. “Oh! Rurik’s your father?” Orin knew that the Russo family was large and growing, so it hadn’t occurred to her earlier that Rurik was this man’s father. Although it would not have been unlike the girl to have made the assumption, she just hadn’t thought about it when she’d delved into her anecdote about the vodka. Luckily, Rurik had made a good impression upon Orin and she held the wolf in high esteem, so her face lit up at the realization. “Oh yes, he’s a magnificent wolf! Very hospitable, generous – oh! That makes Liliya your sister, huh? – he taught my brother how to fish, and Liliya cooked them on the beach for us, and we all gorged ourselves, and then he shared the vodka with us, and then we all sat around sharing stories. . .” Her voice took on a dreamy tone as she remembered that relaxing, wonderful day. “We – my brother and me – had only been here for a few days and he really made us feel like family. I haven’t seen him in a little while, though, I would like to visit him some day soon. Oh! Maybe we could all have another cookout on the beach!” She looked up at Mars, hopeful eyes beaming at him. Then her ears tipped back in worry. “So wait, you haven’t met him yet?” If it was true, it was a shame, and she couldn’t fathom why the man was sitting here letting her chatter on when he had a father to meet! Then again, she didn’t know where Rurik lived, maybe Mars didn’t, either? She would never suspect the Russo residence was just one plot over.

In all of it, she never lost time or forgot her drumming, the trance-like thrumming kept on beneath her prattling the entire time. Though now, the duotone man put his fingers to the strings and began strumming the guitar. The music filled the air around them and enveloped Orin, and her body began to sway gently with the melody. “I don’t really drum, either,” she admitted. “I read a lot, but don’t always like the silence that goes with it. So sometimes I tap along to keep my ears entertained. I bet I wouldn’t be really good at it, not for a whole song or composing or anything.” Her tone was neutral, her enthusiasm still there though her boisterous nature was pacified by the music. It calmed her, body and soul, and eased a tension she didn’t even know was there to begin with. Her eyes fluttered closed and she continued to drum, her body still swaying though she didn’t move from her perch. She felt an inner pull to move more fully with the music, but was too soothed to get up and dance just yet.

“Mmm. . .” she muttered an unintelligible noise in answer to his question. After a moment, she realized she hadn’t actually said anything, and opened her eyes and turned her gaze back to Mars. “I don’t know Lunenburg very well. The only time I’ve been here is to pass through the streets on my way to the Shattered Coast. You should come see my lighthouse sometime.” Well, it wasn’t really her lighthouse yet. The structure hadn’t been deemed safe enough to live in yet, and with her lack of carpentry skills, the repairs were slow going. Still, in spirit, it belonged to her.

“I was actually here to look for a library. I think I’ve seen a shopping district, that’s where I was headed. Maybe they have something there? Some old libraries have that kind of stuff stored, too. I don’t know if there is one here, but it couldn’t hurt to find out. Wanna come?” Her rhythm finally ceased, and she stood up, stretching her legs out; she had been crouching the whole time and her calves were cramping. Something popped when she wiggled the tension out of her back. She offered a hand as though to help Mars out of his seat, though the music had eased her usually overzealous spirit, so she used her brain this time instead of doing the usual Orin move, which would have consisted of yanking Mars out of his chair before he could answer, and pulling him along the sidewalk.

[/html]
[html]
http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... guitar.png);">
OOC: i like to switch tables yus. xP
word count: 1024
Contemplate all of your senses

Knock on what door? the woman butted in. Both of the males looked at the woman, steel eyes sharp, cold. Bart was the one to take his eyes off of her before Mars did. Mars' eyes were stuck on the pink haired being, his eyes looking hard at her dreadlocks. He finally shook his head and dropped the altercation that went on between the two males. She had gone on as well, first asking who his father was. Before he could say the name, she had figured it out herself and explained to him about how wonderful he was when he taught them to fish, and they cooked and feasted and drank. Mars wondered how fun it would be if he was there. The male never went to a party that Bartholomew didn't claim. Bart always showed up for a party because Mars sure as hell didn't want to be at no party. He was too busy thinking about how he needed to do other things than socialize with the others, and drink and get stoned and all that good stuff. Bart, however, enjoyed parties more than one should. He'd get drunk until he passed out, he'd smoke until his lungs were nothing but shriveled up pea pods. Sounds like a fuckin' party to me! Bart exclaimed, taking Mars' mouth and letting his voice become lively, animated. Mars was quick to take control of the body once more though, nose wrinkling lightly as he silently shooed the second male back to his spot to the right of Mars.

She went on to ask "So wait, you haven’t met him yet?" An audit fell back again, and Mars puckered his lips a little bit and he looked down at his guitar. No. I haven't. he muttered, his voice calm and quiet yet again, Bart's voice long gone in the wind, and Mars' voice reigning supreme. She was quick to move onto the drumming, Mars' fingers having stopped a few moments in a rest while her foot tapped on. He let the tapping go for about 8 notes before he began to play again, the melody was soft, harmonious, like the sound of spring coming over the lands. That's what it sounded like to him. Bartholomew would have to agree. She spoke of reading a lot and not liking the silence. Silence was almost never silence, just as sleeping was never really sleeping for Mars. Only when his body was completely worn out was when Bart and Mars would both let the body rest. I'm sure I can compose something eventually. I want to learn it since I have the time, and the will. All I need is the supplies. after all, he knew how to play his other instruments pretty much with his eyes closed. All he needed was his ears anymore. He lifted his gaze to the woman again, his fingers running slowly and happily across the strings. The two would get lost in the rhythm and beat of the music that was coming from around them that he had forgotten almost everything for a split second. With a blink of those glazed steel eyes, he snapped out of it and the woman spoke again about their location and her not knowing much about Lunenberg. She was only there because she wanted to find some books. Mars could go book hunting, he didn't mind doing it. He actually favored the idea and he nodded his head to her when she asked if he wanted to come along.

Mars took his guitar from his lap and put it to the side of the chair. The woman offered to help him up, and he took her hand, pulling himself up. He danced on his clawed feet for a second, getting his pants straightened out as well as his jacket. He didn't need the jacket, but he was weird and kinda liked to have this jacket on. He felt bare without it since he hadn't made another t-shirt from when his last one ripped up. He hadn't had the time (since he had been moving every day for most of the day, only stopping for drink and food) to sew while he was on the horse, and he only worked on small projects when he had been riding. His studded belt was that project. This was only pushing studs through leather. He easily did this as he had found the studs on the grounds or in the ruins. He found studs while looking for lighters plenty of times. Mars regardlessly got up and fixed himself up before looking back at his guitar. He was slightly scared to leave it here, but he figured that no one would try to pull a fast one on him if Vox is around and it looks like it might be slightly inhabited. Maybe this girl would be nice enough to help him move into his house. He didn't know, nor did he want to ask right away. He was still distant from the woman.

The two walked along the neighborhood of Lunenberg, looking around as they went along. He looked into dusty old stores until he had found one of particular interest to him, but not entirely what either of them were looking for. Mars had a wide range of interests, and costumes worked for acting as well as fabric that he could reuse. He looked at the woman and stopped at the front door that was still boarded up. this is a costume store. We can find clothes here... the male spoke as he had taken the locked door and pulled on it a few times. The locks still worked and were hard to open after so many years of being closed. Mars stepped back and then he kicked the door, which had made it crack off of the hinge. He continued to kick it until it had been open enough to them both to fit through the door. He looked back at her and nodded his head before he walked into the store and he wandered around, finding hats, old clothing, even some really really old armor (many were rusted and un-usable). He'd find something here sooner or later, he knew that he'd find something great here.

Mars Speaks Bartholomew Speaks

[/html]
[html]

ooc Eee! I must use brand new table awesomeness, but skinny table makes post look loooooong. =D WC 1,200+

The difference in expression and cadence when Bart commandeered the body and spoke was not lost on her, but again what Mars struggled with was something she had never encountered before, nor even really heard of except in some form of some character in a play, most likely, so it was easy for her to let it go. Only her subconscious registered that there may be more to Mars than met the eye, though the possibility of it being a whole other person hadn’t occurred to her yet. She waited patiently as he adjusted his clothing, something she never had to worry about or fuss over. “Maybe we could write something together some time,” she said as he was deciding whether or not his guitar would be safe. Her tone was only half joking. “I could play the same beat I always do, the only one I know, and you could write melodies for it.” She laughed lightly at the dig against her own talents.

As they left the yard, she afforded a passing glance at the horse that was wandering. She would have asked Mars why he didn’t take the horse with him, but by the creature’s calm demeanor she realized it must have been tame enough to remain near where it belonged, and it wouldn’t much do to have him riding the horse while she jogged aside. That would just be silly. Was it strong enough to carry the both of them? It probably was, but she assumed every horse had the strength of a titan. Her mind wandered as she wondered what it was like to ride one. She kept silent about the creature, though, and her attention drifted to other things as they entered the shopping district of Lunenburg.

Had she ever known what this place was like before the humans’ extinction, the town might have felt eerily silent and still to her now. Yet this was all she had ever known in most cities, except for a few towns in Florida that had been ‘densely’ populated with Luperci, so the ghostly serenity of the abandoned streets didn’t frighten her. It was very interesting to see these shops at length, though. Every time she had come through Lunenburg she had been running in her Lupus form, making a quick path up to the lighthouse. Now she was able to stroll leisurely past the buildings, pause from time to time and try to peer past the dirty film that coated the windows to see what treasures the storefronts secreted. Many of the stores had broken windows, or the doors had already been pushed in and the shelves looted. Most of the stuff was probably still being stored at the various Pack houses, much needed supplies and decoration and necessities. She stopped for a moment to poke her head into one unlocked door and was greeted with the stale scent of decay. It looked like this place had once been a market, and the stench of rotted dairy had lasted the last few decades. The walls of this place were sopping with it, it would probably never come out.

Coughing, she pulled her head back quickly, her hands scrabbling to close the door as she gasped for fresh air. “Eww! Do not go in there! They need to brick this one up.” She was still trying to clear her nose of the heavy scent as she looked for Mars and spotted him at the window of a shop a couple doors down. She hurried over to him, glad to be away from that rancid place. Before she could ask what he had discovered, he filled her in.

“Costume store?” The excitement was woven into every syllable. She pressed her face against the window to get a better look, and started when there was a loud BANG! next to her. Moving from the window, she stood well out of range of any splintering wood and debris as Mars broke the door in, and then followed him into the shop.

The scent of old fabric, dust, and old traces of detergent were a welcome relief to the nasty breath she had taken in the market. She scanned the store, looking at all the articles, some still hanging, many askew or fallen to the ground. Another deep breath proffered a slight moldy scent, and she assumed there would be a few pieces near the back of the store that were unsalvageable, eaten by time and mold. But most of the items here were in good shape, despite the dust.

Orin was not one to bother with clothing, though not for lack of interest. Her meager wardrobe consisted of the single sheepskin cloak she had arrived in Cour des Miracles with which she wore as an extra layer of protection during heavy storms. Other than that, while surviving in Florida she had never had time to learn how to sew, and she and Niro always had much more pressing matters than prowling for old clothing stores. Now, though, she could relax, take it all in, and see what she really thought of the garments! Luckily for her, she was a petite Luperci woman, and would be able to fit into a lot of the store’s stock without having to search for the plus-size clothing since their kind, naturally, were typically a bit larger than humans had been.

Giggling, she grabbed a pinstriped Fedora that could have come straight out of the 1920’s, and plopped it onto Mar’s head. She stood back and surveyed the look, then nodded with approval. “Looks good, keep it!” She rubbed her arm on a mirror, wiping away decades of dust and leaving a black smear in her fur in its wake. “Have a look.” Yet she was in happiness overload, and pranced away before waiting for his opinion – she could hear him from anywhere in the store, anyway.

A tall rack with large, long garments caught her eye. Everything here had been draped in plastic, so she had to gather it up – making a good loud fuss about it as she went – to see what was underneath. She ooh’ed and ahh’ed at just about everything she uncovered, for she had found the rack of princess-like ball gowns, and it sent her imagination into a flurry. She grappled quite unceremoniously at one gown, yanking it off the rack, shuffling awkwardly with it for a moment as she puzzled how to put it on, then stepped into it. She danced around the corner, giggling. The dress was a bright yellow ball gown, complete with gathers, satin, and an off-the-shoulder neckline. Had this been an age in which they could watch movies, she might had recognized the costume as the ball gown Belle wore in Beauty and the Beast.

“Lookit this!” She stopped and posed, first for Mars, then for the mirror. “I would wear it all day if I could!” she chortled. “You know, they have like everything in here. I like the princess gowns the best. But they have Greek and Roman clothing, some Spanish dresses, I think that’s a kimono over there under that one.” She pointed. “They’ve got something there that would be perfect for Titania!” She gestured to where she had seen the flowery, fairy-like garb. “Is that. . . Is that armor?” Her arm was outstretched as she pointed across the room, giggling to herself and lapsing into her best helpless princess character, complete with over-exaggerated movements. “Oh, do put it on, come be my prince charming!”

<style type="text/css">
.Orintrade b {font-weight:bold; color:#fda18c; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Orintrade-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6b5a4a; text-align:center;}
.Orintrade p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.Orintrade {margin:0 auto; width:337px; background-color:#fbfdd6; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ntable.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fbfced; padding: 0px 0px 230px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6b5a4a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Orintrade-border1 {width:339px; border:1px solid #6b5a4a; margin:0 auto;}
.Orintrade-line1 {width:250px; border-bottom:1px solid #fbeec2; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... guitar.png);">
OOC: that was a long post though either way. Also your post was incredibly adorable.
word count:
Tell Me What You Think You Know.

She mused that the two should collaborate on a song. He chuckled lightly. She had a particular charm to her little innocence. She had gotten him to smile, and it was slightly hard to get him to have any other look on his face other than submission or neutrality. If we find a music store, then we can look for a drum, and if we find one, we can play louder. So the whole neighborhood could hear. Mars spoke. He liked the idea of playing loud, getting their voices out there, entertaining the pack in some way. Put on a show. Mars always did like to put on a tragic tale, or a hopeless romance for the crowds. He was an actor, musician, sometimes he thought he was a god, able to do anything that he put his mind to. Well, no.. actually, that was more of Bart. He thought that he was a god at times, having that slightly innocent ignorance to him.

When they had left the yard, the woman looked back to the stallion, whom stayed where he was standing, watching the two wolvens leaving. The stallion figured that (with the look back that Mars had given) that he was to stay here where he was. The horse needed to rest anyways, they had a rough ride this morning and they Mars himself was even tired. He would entertain the woman though. She already asked for him to come along, and him being tired wasn't going to stop him he figured. Bartholomew looked at Mars as the two had gotten farther and farther before he finally ran up to the gate and vaulted over it and then made his way slowly behind the other two, taking his sweet old time. Mars could handle the woman for now. Mars will start to scream in his mind if he couldn't handle the woman. Mars, himself, walked alongside the woman through the neighborhoods, by the time they reached the shops, his cigarette was long gone.

When the two went into the costume store, Mars was looking through the clothing, when the woman had run up to him and plopped a fedora on his head. Mismatched audits were pressed down inside of the hat and the woman had stepped back and looked at him. He head a confused look on his face for a moment. Looks good, keep it! the woman spoke. Does it match my jacket? he immediately asked before the woman had smoothed out a mirror for him to look at himself. Have a look. the woman told him and he did what he was told, his fingers running along the rim of the fedora as he modeled it in the mirror to himself, the woman long gone and off looking at other things. He decided that he would keep it and he finally was able to peel his eyes from the mirror when the woman had come out in a dress. His jaw dropped lightly, finding the yellow dress to be beautiful on the woman. He had a bright look in his eye as he looked at the woman. He then looked away almost shamefully. That is a beautiful dress. It looks amazing on you. the male spoke, looking over to the armor, picking up the rusted ones and throwing them to the side. The woman dramatically told him to put some on and be her prince charming. Mars looked back at her. I'd have to take the fedora off, you know, knights wore helmets, not fedoras. the male spoke, finding himself a breastplate, some shoulder gear, and a skirt; the roman armor for the militia. He took the fedora from his head and the jacket from his back, as well as his pants from his hips. For the moment that he was naked in front of the woman, she would be able to see the multitude of scars that littered his arms and legs, as well as the large words "MARS" carved into his skin. He slipped on the breastplate, the skirt (since it was attached to the breastplate) had come down over his hips, and covering his groin. The chain mail on the shoulders wasn't something that was Mars' style, and he had already thought of a way that he could make it better. He wouldn't do it now though since he didn't have the right materials. Instead, he looked for a cape, found one and then draped it on his back, attaching it at his shoulders. He then smiled deviously at the woman before he almost stormed towards the woman. He took the woman by her outreached hand and he tilted his head to kiss the top of her hand. He looked back up at her and then let a smile cock on his face, it was empty though, after all, he was an actor was he not?

Mars Speaks Bartholomew Speaks

[/html]
[html]

WC 500+

A grateful smile spanned her muzzle at Mars’s reaction to her new costume. She never knew wearing garments could garner such a response. “You think so? Thank you. I never really had the chance to play with clothing or fashion before. Maybe I’ll get to now.” She breathed a small, gleeful giggle and spun around to show the dress one more time.

Orin waited patiently, maintaining her dainty princess-like pose, while Mars rifled through the armor and picked out an old Roman replica. She did not lose her courtly posture for a single minute as he pieced together his costume and stripped down. The scars interested her, though. She remained silent as her eyes trailed over his form, making out several etchings within his multicolored coat. Some seemed to be purposeful markings while others may have been collected in a fight. The wheels were turning, curious as she was about the marks, and any number of fantastic origins began to brew in her imagination in the time it took him to suit up. The especially peculiar one, though, that she could not dream up a clear-cut fantasy about, was the word Mars that was etched into one side. Why would he have his own name on him? Was someone trying to be funny? Did he do it to himself? Maybe it had another spiritual meaning? Come to think of it, there was something different about this character. She had noticed it a couple times before, but brushed it off. Now she was piecing broken facts together.

Just as she was about to jam one puzzle piece where it didn’t fit and come up with some fantastical conclusion as to who or what Mars was, Mars turned and rushed back to her with a mischievous expression wrought on his face. Her eyes went wide for a moment before returning to their normal, flirty mast, her smile broadening as he took her hand and kissed it. When his eyes flicked up and he smiled, she giggled like a young girl (befitting, since she was) and the fingers of her other hand trailed to her face in a bashful gesture. She dipped in a graceful curtsey. “My prince, I knew you would come,” she was playing her part, though with Orin’s imagination and detachment from reality, it was never fully an act. There was a twinge of excitement pulsing through her, and the joy in her eyes was not faked. “You look dashing in that armor.”

Hand-in-hand with Mars, she sidestepped onto an open area of the floor that was surrounded by dusty mirrors and racks. Undoubtedly, this had once been the area where people could see the garments for themselves, and have the tailors take measurements for necessary alterations. Some of the mirrors were cracked, but most were in tact, reflecting a dull, dusty image of the Luperci pair. There was just enough room in the fitting area for a couple to spread out and make tight little circles. The hem of the dress cleared any debris out of her way as she moved into the center of the room. “Do you know how to dance?” An impish grin crossed her face. “I don’t, but how hard can it be?”

<style type="text/css">
.Orintrade b {font-weight:bold; color:#fda18c; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Orintrade-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6b5a4a; text-align:center;}
.Orintrade p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.Orintrade {margin:0 auto; width:337px; background-color:#fbfdd6; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ntable.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fbfced; padding: 0px 0px 230px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6b5a4a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Orintrade-border1 {width:339px; border:1px solid #6b5a4a; margin:0 auto;}
.Orintrade-line1 {width:250px; border-bottom:1px solid #fbeec2; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]