you ate my voice like sugar-coated sour
[html]

Hope the PP is okay, if not let me know! Backdated to July 15. 300+

An oceanic breeze ruffled the glimmering green and gold leaves. Their image faded in and out of Rio's conscious sight, but whenever she was able to comprehend the leafing as a tangible part of her surroundings, she felt calm bathe her like warm seawater. When her eyes closed and darkness blocked any possible awareness of the world around her, the pain returned. She could still see those horrible eyes, feel the fire they had ignited to burn her from the inside out. Eager for distraction from the all-too-recent memory, the girl opened her eyes as often as she could. The sun shone brightly, its rays replenishing a small bit of her strength, warming her.

Her dark, fragile body clung to the muscular one holding her so carefully. She was jostled about slightly by Haven's hurried footsteps, the movement honestly making her feel even more ill. If she had not already emptied all the contents of her stomach, this small journey would have been much more unpleasant for both of them. Whenever the nausea returned, Rio gripped her brother's ochre fur tightly and cringed until the ravaging feeling passed. Her body had never before hurt so badly, not even at the hands of a childhood illness. The ache and burn was all she could think of, whenever it allowed her a few moments of consciousness.

At last, they arrived to Haven's home. Rio had already guessed that Cour des Miracles was where Haven planned to take her; she could think of no other destination. When her brother's trembling movement ceased, Rio's eyes opened for the umpteenth time after being shut for several moments. She shakily looked up at him, searching for his expression and vaguely wondering if she had burdened him too extremely. She gripped his muscled neck to steady herself as he set her upon the ground. A smaller orange creature waited for her below, swirling around her legs in a relieved blur of fluffed fur. She was pleased to actually feel a smidgen of happiness. Toki had obviously sensed her misfortune and smelled his way to her side again, probably following close by the entire way without her knowledge. She lifted him into her arms and buried her nose into his soft fur, tears welling within her shimmering eyes. Embarrassed by her immature display, she hesitantly glanced to her brother. Wh-what do you think I should do now? she asked shyly, ears falling. If this was to be her new home, a summons for the leadership seemed to be the next feasible step. Haven had the authority, and she would follow whatever direction he gave.

<style type="text/css">
.riofox b {font-weight:bold; color:#491909; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.riofox-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.riofox p {text-indent:8px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.riofox {margin:0 auto; width:405px; background-color:#6C763D; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... riofox.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #3E3D43; padding: 10px 0px 235px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#57531F; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
table by erin

[/html]
[html]

it's all good with me! poor Rio ;~; 500+

Adrenaline and anger fueled his strength and made the journey from Phoenix Valley back to Cour des Miracles easy. Usually carrying someone that distance, even his slight sister, would have put a great strain on his muscles but at the current time he didn't even feel the burn her weight caused. His mind was singularly fixed upon taking her somewhere safe and the safest place he could take her was her home. He hadn't been able to protect her in Phoenix Valley, but under his own roof no harm would come to her. If anyone dared to try they would quickly find a sword at their throat. The Knight had killed before to protect someone he loved and he would do it again in a heartbeat if he had to. There was no question in his mind about that.

Every so often her hands would grasp him more tightly and at those time his pace would slow until she seemed more comfortable again. Jade eyes looked down at her with the helplessness of knowing he could do nothing to ease her pain. He couldn't even imagine what she was going through. It had to be horrific though, and it might the fire in his gut flare up high every time he thought on it. Her own brother had done this to her. The Knight had to suppress a growl that threatened to spring up from his chest. Haven didn't care if the male was his own blood, he had forfeit whatever protection that gave him when he had placed a hand on Rio. He was scum, and if their paths ever crossed Haven would teach him the error of his ways. Brutally.

A sigh of relief was released from his lungs as his small beach home came into view. When they reached the front porch he stopped and waited until his little sister was ready to be put down. She held tightly to his neck as he placed her feet on the floor. Almost as quickly as her toes had touched down a fox appeared seemingly out of nowhere and frantically ran about her. Haven watched quietly as Rio picked the fox up and nuzzled against it. It must be her friend, he quickly deduced, and let them have their small moment of comfort together. Then she looked back to him, asking what she should do now. For a moment he found himself dumbfounded, not knowing what to suggest after what she had been through. The Knight steeled himself quickly though, knowing he needed to be strong for her sake. "I think you should stay here Rio, with me and my mate. You'll be safe here." He leaned down a little to look her directly in her soft lavender eyes. "I won't let anyone hurt you, not ever again." It was his promise to her, and it was really all he could do for her at this point. Hopefully she could find some security in it. Of course he couldn't forbid her from going back to Phoenix Valley, but he sincerely hoped that she would decide to stay here. The man would worry endlessly if she didn't.

<style type="text/css">
.havensad01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#9f9677; letter-spacing:1px; }
.havensad01ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Palatino, serif; font-size:12px; color:#515149; text-align:right;}
.havensad01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.havensad01 {margin:0 auto; width:384px; background-color:#0b100f; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... lone01.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #515149; padding: 240px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Palatino, serif; font-size:12px; color:#515149; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

300+

Rio could hear the ocean in the distance, a soft whispering of waves crashing against sand. She was transfixed by the beautiful noise, remembering it well from her exploration of the beach. It made her want to curl up with a blanket and the sun for warmth and be lulled to sleep by the haunting voice of the sea. While she cuddled Toki, her eyes traced the space of the porch and the quaint home to which it was attached. Haven and his mate must love it here, she thought. They had a beautiful human house and the sounds and smells of the ocean, each to enjoy at their leisure.

His response was hard for her to process. For several seconds, the broken fairy was stuck speechless. Her mind reeled, questioning whether accepting his request was be rude and obtrusive. She did not want to ruin this lovely place that he had made for himself and Princess. But he had seemed genuine in his offer. Perhaps he would never have asked her to live here if he did not want her to. Haven was a much stronger wolf than she, in more ways than one — he didn't seem the type to do favors unless he truly desired to.

With this in mind, Rio nodded slowly, still clinging to the calm mass of red fur. Again, she was struck by how kind her little-known brother was. He held no obligation to her, yet with his final words he had vowed to protect her. For this, she loved him. I won't bother you, she spoke, timidly returning his gaze. I'll do my share. I promise. Rio took a deep breath, trying to but an end to her incessant trembling. Toki's muzzle against her shoulder helped. Haven, I will never be able to thank you enough. There were tears awaiting exposure, but she held them at bay. She would make sense of her emotions later.

<style type="text/css">
.riofox b {font-weight:bold; color:#491909; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.riofox-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.riofox p {text-indent:8px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.riofox {margin:0 auto; width:405px; background-color:#6C763D; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... riofox.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #3E3D43; padding: 10px 0px 235px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#57531F; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
table by erin

[/html]
[html]

I'll ask Meghann to get your title changed when I talk to her next Big Grin 300+

The girl was silent for a while, cuddling her fox while she contemplated. Haven thought she was likely struggling with the idea of leaving the pack that had been her only home until now. It wasn't an easy decision to make, even after a traumatic event had occurred. The orange Knight knew that first hand. Of course he had endured nothing so horrible as his little sister just had, but it had been traumatic nonetheless. Even after finding out about what his father was, leaving Crimson Dreams hadn't been easy, but it had been what was right for him. Rio needed to leave Phoenix Valley behind too, he felt, but he couldn't force it. It had to be her decision, and no matter what he thought, he would respect her choice.

Haven waited patiently for his sister to talk again, and when she did he nearly smiled. After everything that had just happened to her, she was still worried about how this would effect him. "Don't you worry about being a bother or anything else, okay? All you need to do right now is heal, that's it. I'll take care of the rest." He had the authority to make her a member of Cour des Miracles, he didn't need to consult Ruri or Vigilante. Even if he did need to though, he knew that neither the Dauphine or King would turn Rio away, not after what had happened to her. Even if she hadn't just been assaulted in the worst way, being his sister would be enough. Her body still trembled, but the presence of the fox seemed to do much to help her. He was glad the creature was here.

"You won't ever have to thank me Rio. You're my sister." She was family, and it had always been his self proclaimed duty to protect his family. He didn't do this so people would owe him favors or anything of the like. He did it because it was right, and someone needed to do it. Someone needed to protect and help the people that had been wronged. That went double for the people he cared most about. For a moment he thought of putting a reassuring hand on her shoulder, but he didn't want to risk any unwanted contact that would take her back to what had happened. Instead, he mustered a small smile and asked, "Would you like to go in see your new home?"

<style type="text/css">
.havensad01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#9f9677; letter-spacing:1px; }
.havensad01ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Palatino, serif; font-size:12px; color:#515149; text-align:right;}
.havensad01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.havensad01 {margin:0 auto; width:384px; background-color:#0b100f; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... lone01.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #515149; padding: 240px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Palatino, serif; font-size:12px; color:#515149; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]