Closer and Closer
[html]

300+
sorry it was a bit late, I was waiting for my mood to improve :x and honestly, most awful entry post EVER.

Silvano was old enough to be on his own, and he took his chance the first moment he could get. There was something in him tell him to go out and explore more, on his own, find a place of solitude for himself. Silvano was still on all four legs, the desire to shift beginning to press on him, but not yet strong enough for him to ask his mother or father how to go about it. So, still treading in his birth form, the Sadira adjusted to the freedom he had in the pack lands. It was so weird, being able to go anywhere within the borders. But it was so nice, so liberating. No more mansion, no more having to deal with his sisters when he did not want to, love them as he did.

There was more reason to meet people now, and more chances to as well. But the youth wanted more to find someone outside of his family who could teach him other things. Maybe to shift, maybe other things. Who knew? Something. The wind blew at his pelt lightly, kind of chilly but it was expected. October and not getting cooler? Not an option. Silvano ignored the slightly dropping temperatures, even though he had been born the spring as the heat began to mount. Winter was something he was excited for! He'd never seen it and was hoping to be wowed when the first snow fell and covered the entire world in white. At least, that was what he was told would happen. He hoped it as as pretty as they said.

Leaves were turning orange and gold and falling to the ground, some even managed to tumble onto the earth hued male. Fewer and fewer deciduous trees were harboring leaves the color of his eyes, but the change from emerald to brown was not something Silvano noted. It was just prettier this way. A single tree could have dozens of shades of colors and it was beautiful. What a world to be born into.

<style type="text/css">
.silvanochess b {font-weight:bold; color:#B0344C; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.silvanochess-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.silvanochess p {text-indent:10px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.silvanochess {margin:0 auto; width:337px; background-color:#BD6130; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... ochess.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #B0344C; padding: 10px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#DFB74C; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
It's alright. Smile I'm still learning the ropes here myself. 300+

Pixie always hunted in her secui form, and this hunt was no different. Her extra strength and speed had made it easy to bring down three hares, one she had eaten herself and the other two she was carrying in her jaws to bring back to the manor. Magic had come with her to the valley but had gotten so immersed in the endless grass to eat that he had lagged behind a little ways as the wolfess headed towards the forest. She let him take his time; by now, she figured the rest of the pack knew he was her horse and not to be bothered. If not, she assumed that they could tell by the satchet and guitar he carried on his back that morning that he belonged to someone.

She had liked Crimson Dreams so far. Anu and the leader, Savina, seemed nice and friendly, and she hoped that the other wolves were, too. Hopefully, they weren't all serious and didn't mind a joke every now and then like she did. That was the reason why she had left her family pack--mostly the reason why, that is. Other factors included her family's hostility towards Magic and her own desire to explore new places. In any case, she had learned the basic rules of Crimson Dreams and had memorized them as best she could. Living with her small family or on her own most of her life, rules that were set in stone were not something that she was used to.

"I'll figure it out eventually," she muttered.

Then Pixie noticed another wolf traveling through the trees. A pup… Not a young pup, but a pup nevertheless. Finally, a younger wolf--an oddity she had never come across, as she was part of the last litter her parents produced before her departure from her birth pack. What little seriousness and maturity the fun-loving wolf had at the moment slipped away from her. Still in her halfling form, the blue-gray female trotted up to the pup, the hares swinging in her jaws and the red-dyed fur on her head whipping in the breeze.

Hewo,” she greeted him, her voice a little muffled. “How er you doo in? Wat shum foob?

[/html]
[html]

it's not too terribly hard to get the hang of, and I would figure they had never met :O but it's cool beans xD

Pausing to look at the nearest tree, Silvano watched the leaves jerk and flicker in the wind. Some broke off and fell, which he slowly followed to the ground, trying to catch one or two in his gaping jaws. Laughing as he spit them out, he moved on to the next tree noting little variations like more greens or more browns than golds. Lost in his little daze, the Sadira pup did not notice the approaching figure, large in her secui form. He was almost his adult size, but he was still not there, so this woman simply hulked over him. So that was what people felt like when his mother acted like that, like a hulk.

Coming up to him, the woman surprised him. So much so that he yelped and jumped to the side, almost tripping over himself. Catching himself, thankfully, so as not to embarrass himself. Scrambling to stand properly on mildly slippery forest detritus, feeling flustered with himself. He could not shame the family name! His father and mother lead the pack for crying out loud! "Don't do that!" he complained, eying her carefully. Obviously someone in the pack. Did he know her? "Have we met?" inquired the six month old Sadira, cocking his head to the side in genuine curiosity as his forest green eyes traveled to the bloody creatures in Pixie's mouth. "Ah.. I just ate," he answered, giving a look of regret, not really meaning it. He really did not know her, after all. But now he did, so that was a start? "So what's your name?"

<style type="text/css">
.silvanochess-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.silvanochess {margin:0 auto; width:337px; background-color:#BD6130; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... ochess.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #B0344C; padding: 10px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#DFB74C; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Whoops, my bad. D: Like I said, still learning. XD Post edited.

Taking a step back away from the stumbling puppy, Pixie stifled a snicker as she watched the boy trip over himself, remembering how clumsy she was at that age. Even at fifteen months old, she was still clumsy and hadn’t realized how much bigger she was in her secui form, as opposed to her tiny lupus form and short optime form. At his loud complaint, she set the hares on the leaf-covered ground and sat down on a bed of moss.

Heh, sorry, didn’t mean to catch you off guard like that,” she apologized, rubbing her nose with her paw sheepishly. “I guess I was just feeling energetic after the hunt. I really out to take a breath of fresh air, after chasing down those hares.Hey, that rhymes! she thought, the wheels of songwriting in her head already beginning to turn. She refrained from saying her discovery out loud, lest she act even less like her age.

Pixie thought for a moment. “No, but I thought I smelled the scents of pups on both Savina and Anu. Which one is your mother?” The pup had an air of superiority around him, so he could be either one of the leaders’ son; at this point, there was no way of knowing.

So did I,” the blue-gray woman murmured, turning over one of the hares with her paw. “But I’m sure I’ll find someone back at the manor or out hunting who is. Magic certainly isn’t going to eat is,” she chuckled. “He’s my horse, if you haven’t heard. And I’m Pixie. Pixie Frost. What’s your name?

[/html]
[html]

300+
Happens, just be careful, yah? c:

Ear twitching with the sounds around him, the Sadira focused on the stranger before him, even though everything else was ever so distracting. He could sympathize with her; he was feeling pretty energized being out and about on his own. It did not feel like it had been too long ago that he was still entirely reliant on his family to support him and his sisters. And now it was so easy to slip away from them and be on his own! So exhilarating. Taking a deep breath of the crisp autumn air, the pup nodded along with the woman a bit.

Silvano's auds perked up as he heard his mother mentioned. Beaming, he said, "Savina's my mother." He was thoroughly proud of her, and his father, and of himself and his sisters, for being born who they were to whom. Savina was certainly his role model. She ran the pack. What wasn't there to admire? And she was his beloved mother. Of course he admired her. Savina was his rock if he ever needed one. Kansas was as well, but something about his mother just screamed protector to the pup. "I've got brothers and sisters, too."

Horse, huh? Did the pack have any horses? Well, Silvano had not seen them if he had even heard of them. He shook his head at Pixie, wondering what her horse was like. Was it really all that big? "No. I didn't hear." There was no real remorse in his words; there was nothing to really be sorry about. How could she blame him for not knowing who she was? "Nice to meetcha," he added, a slight grin on his face. Inside, curiosity was winning over. "Can I... can I see your horse?" he inquired, giving a pleading, excited look, hoping to win her that way.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
300+

Ah, I see the resemblance,” said Pixie, nodding and smiling at the pup’s look of pure happiness to say he was the son of the pack leader. Her own parents had been the leaders in her old pack, but since all the other members were their other children, it wasn’t much to brag about. “Who is your father? And your siblings?” she asked, curious to know the names of any other wolves she might come across while hunting.

As the boy had beamed at the mention of his mother, the blue-gray female did the same at the mention of her beloved stallion and the eagerness of the boy to see him. “If you want to see him that badly, I can call him,” she chuckled. “He’s not too far behind.” Twisting her body to face the direction from which she had come from, she raised her head and let out a long, high-pitched howl, somewhat like a whistle. It had been the call for Magic for almost as long as she had known the horse, and when she was finished, she lowered her head once more and waited for his reply.

Then a few moments later, the reply came: a loud, wild-sounding neigh, high-pitched like Pixie’s howl. The chestnut stallion’s tall silhouette appeared from the depths of the forest and steadily approached the two wolves. When he finally stood beside his companion, he eyed the pup cautiously, but not in a hostile way. His ears were raised in curiosity.

He’s a tall horse, huh?” remarked Pixie, laughing again. She picked up the two hares in her jaws and moved around to Magic’s other side to put them in the satchel strapped to his back. Even in her halfling form, she could barely stretch her neck enough to place the fresh meat in the bag. She bit her lip when she noticed her guitar, the other item carried by the horse, had somehow gotten dirt on it and a few leaves stuck between the strings. Wiping off some of the debris with her tail, she made a mental note to clean it once she got back to the manor.

[/html]
[html]

300+

"Kansas," answered the Sadira pup proudly, knowing that he took his last name from his father. And though his father was not in the top tiered ranks of the pack, he was still important to everyone, especially his children and mate. Pausing, Silvano drew the faces of his siblings to mind. Two were not around as much, even though they were always nearby. One was always around, and watched out for her younger siblings. And then two were his own littermates, so he knew them like the back of his paws. "Well there's Artie - er, Artemis, and then Parker. They're my sisters. I'm their older brother." He was the first born in their litter and he wanted to be the watchful eye for them.

"Then Amata and Cambria are my older sisters; Cambria is our prac, practis, practitioner." Amata wasn't around as much as Cambria though. But at least their doctor, or medic, or whatever it was called was always around. She even saved Silvano from nasty tumbles down the stairs when he was a bit younger. "And then Gotham is my brother. He's around too." The family seemed so big to the young male; was it like half their pack? Crimson Dreams could not be that big, really.

Pixie called the horse, and the Sadira balked as it approached, instinctively lowering himself toward the ground as it approached. It was so... big! Ears flat back as he felt a few pangs of fear. Of course he would! The horse was so much bigger than him. It could probably eat him with ease. Slowly, he extended his body up to reach at its face, sniffing at the horse. "And people ride these things?" he asked incredulously. Maybe if they were huge, sure, but this was just silly. Couldn't he break his neck on something so huge? Silvano cocked his head, eying the horse and then glancing at Pixie. "H-how can you ride him?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
300+

As the pup went over the names of his relatives, she heard each name clear and crisp in her mind and listened to how it sounded. Kansas…most likely not a name from the same language as Savina’s. Artemis and Parker were pretty names, as well as Amata and Cambria. Gotham had a sort of mysterious ring to it that Pixie liked. And Cambria was a practitioner…that was a healer, right? An important name to know if Pixie ever got sick or injured. “I still don’t know your name yet, pup,” the wolfess reminded him gently. Might as well know the name of the wolf she was talking to!

She felt a pang of guilt when she saw the boy lower to the ground in fear. When she had introduced Magic to her old pack, they had been cautious, but not as terrified as the pup; they lived right by the horse herd that the stallion previously occupied and were used to being around the large animals. She hadn’t expected him to be so afraid.

It’s alright, little guy,” she reassured him. “Magic is one of the sweetest horses you’ll ever meet. Say, have you ever even met a horse?” Judging by the pup’s next two questions, probably not. At least he seemed less fearful. “Yep, people ride them. When I first got to the area surrounding Crimson Dreams territory, I would see some wolves from another pack every now and then, riding horses. I assumed you had seen them before.” She was more hesitant about the next question. The blue-gray woman wasn’t sure if this pup was a Luperci, and even if he was, he might not have begun to shift yet. “You…you have to shift into optime form to ride them. I’ve tried riding him in my other two forms, and it never worked out very well. Once I’m in my optime form, I lead him to a tree stump or a rock or something that I can stand on to make me taller. Then I stand up on it, swing my leg over Magic’s back, and I’m on him. Riding itself is a little more complicated—I can teach you if you want.

[/html]
[html]

300+
sorry for delay and length, been very devoid of le muse

Silvano gave a mild look of surprise, sure he had introduced himself at least. Oh well. "Oh. I'm Silvano." He was the youngest male in the family, but that did not mean that he was the least honorable of them all. Honor was nothing when childlike fear came into play, as the pup cowered before the horse. Ashamed of himself, he had tried to justify his fear and cowardice. It's so much bigger than me and I've never seen it, he thought as he carefully approached the huge beast. One day, he would be big enough to ride one and control it, but still the Sadira was not yet his adult size. But he was almost there! And that was where the majority of his shame came from. In a few months he would be an adult in the pack, and here he was cowering.

"N-No, when was I supposed to?" he quipped back at her, wondering why she bothered to ask when it was so very obvious he had not. Silvano turned his eyes from the horse to the woman. "Maybe I did, from a distance. But not up close.. not like this." At her suggestion and offer, the six-month-old pup brightened. "Really?" he asked, beginning to smile. But realization dawned on his features as he understood what that meant; to shift into his two legger form. He knew he could do it, but he never had, and he had not thought about it. He would have to ask his mother about it, since with four legs, the pup could not climb upon a horse's back. There was plenty he could not do now. It limited him something fierce. "I.. I've never shifted," he confessed, voice soft. She must think him nothing more than a child. "I've.. been meaning to talk with my mom about it." Silvano raised his head and looked at Pixie. "What happened.. when you first shifted?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
It's cool. Smile

300+

Pixie nodded and smiled. “Well, then, nice to meet you, Silvano.” Another name from some sort of foreign country. A nice name, but the wolfess would enjoy it more if she knew what its origin was. “Where is your mother from, Silvano?” Both the pup and his mother carried an accent, though the boy’s was less obvious. It was unlike any Pixie had ever heard before, and she figured there was a language associated with it as well—a good thing for someone who had always wondered what it would be like to write a song in a different language.

Of course not,” she said quickly, narrowing her bright eyes. “I was just wondering if you had, since I’ve seen the other packs with horses and I figured you’re not all mortal enemies. But I don’t blame you for not seeing one—I haven’t seen any other Crimson Dreams wolves with horses.” In a way, it was good that Magic was the only horse in the pack; Pixie was unsure how he would react to others of his kind after not living with them for so long. But she was worried that the stallion would get lonely after a while. Hopefully those goats by the cottage weren’t aggressive. And if more members of the pack, like Silvano, got to know the chestnut horse better, he would have many friends indeed.

She watched the boy’s face change from eagerness to disappointment in a flash, frowning as she remembered the frustration she felt when she was that age, waiting for the day when she could finally shift. “I understand how hard it is to wait for yourself to shift. But you’ll get it eventually. Every Luperci does.” At his question, she thought for a moment. “I think I was asleep when it happened. I woke up to find I was in my optime form. And then I wondered if I could shift into secui form, and next thing I knew, I was changing into it. All it takes is a single thought to shift, once your body is ready for it.

[/html]
[html]

I apologize but it was hard to get muse for Silvano

Silvano furrowed his brows, wondering how on earth one could just wake up one morning and realize their bones had moved on their own in the middle of the night to some other kind of shape. It seemed like a more voluntary thing, with effort and concentration involved. "But.. don't you need to think about it to do it? Were you, like, dreaming about it or something?" he asked, cocking his head to the side a tad at her words. It just seemed like malarkey. Or was he just thinking it malarkey because all he could do was give himself a pounding headache any time he tried to concentrate on moving the flesh under his skin to some other form. True he had been thinking more and more about it, but still it didn't work. What more did his body want?

Sighing, the Sadira looked away from the horse and back at Pixie. "Where'd you come from? And.. the horse? Where'd he come from?" He had already forgotten if she had answered him, but he doubted she had. Silvano backed from the horse, not wanting to be underfoot. He was almost his adult size but still, the horse's powerful legs could easily break his spine or skull, as instinct told him. Just like pups learned to fear an elk or moose's hooves, the horse stood out as a warning sign in his head too. "Has your horse ever hurt someone?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC HERE!

Hmmm…” Pixie concentrated on remembered exactly how she had first shifted. It was less than a year ago, and yet it was quite difficult to remember. “I think I was dreaming about it when it happened. Mostly, I was just thinking a lot about shifting all the time. Like I said, it doesn’t take much concentration. Once your body is ready, it’s very easy to shift. And once you grow older, you learn exactly how to control when you shift and which form you shift into.” That was the best she could explain it. Even after being able to shift for a while, the process still confused her. It wasn’t one of those things that you could understand completely, she supposed.

She listened to Silvano’s next question, flicking her ear as a fly flew around it. “I was born south of here, in a land the humans call America. Magic’s herd lived near my old pack.” The blue-gray wolfess still wasn’t entirely sure where this pup’s family was from, but since there seemed to be a lot of them, from what Silvano described, Pixie guessed she would learn eventually.

He’s never injured someone seriously,” she answered, noticing that Silvano was backing away from the stallion. “He bucked me off a few times when I was learning how to ride him, but he was completely wild then and I didn’t know how to ride. And he got into a few small fights with some other stallions, but that’s typical of horses. Now that there’s no other stallions around, he’s a total sweetheart.

[/html]