Look what she did
[html]
300+
Backdated...far. Just after Rikka leaves

What had he done to warrant a friend leaving on him? And it was a new friend to boot. What could he have done to force the woman to leave on him? They had fun together, didn't they? So why, why would she just, leave? At least she left him a note. But that was just silly; he could not read nor had he ever bothered to learn. Nor would he. Nothing could motivate him now to learn something so archaic and dead. He did not need to write to draw. He did not need to read to sew. What was the point? All he had was this note to be read. It was not enough motivation. And surely someone in the kingdom could read. Surely!

Strelein was both frantic and mopey at the same time. He wanted the letter read, but he was too sullen to do serious searching for a literate luperci. He sat, dejected, by a small gurgling stream, legs resting on the opposite bank as a testament to the small size of the brook. The water bubbled beneath him and he just stared at the indiscernible scratches on the paper, wondering what the shapes meant and what kinds of words were on this page. There was a word or two he thought he recognized, like his name and maybe something else but otherwise it was nothing but Greek to him.

The leaves rustled and the redhead looked up, hand grasping the paper in his hand tight as the wind tried to pull it out of his hold. Lavender eyes looked blankly at the trees before him as he tried to figure out, try to remember, who could help him. He stared back down at the letters, furrowing his brows in another effort to try to understand.

<style type="text/css">
.bastard b {font-weight:normal; color:#46789d; letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:12px;text-shadow: #21637c 1px 1px 1px; }
.bastardooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#3e828d;text-align:center;}
.bastard p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 5px 5px 5px; margin:0px;}
.bastard{margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#00356b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... dtable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 190px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#21637c; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 309 (3 Points) OOC: if I need to change anything lemme know <3

Niro always tried his best to exercise his legs though he had been told to stay off his amputated paw, but that was hardly easy for him. He moved with a masive limp, he figured, if he could make it to the copse of trees nearby he’d have made good progress. It was not too far from his home so if anything he could just call after Orin… well someone at least. Orin seemed to have gone away on another adventure, fishing… hah. Well he wasn’t going to dwell on that, or he’d be there all day long. Today he wanted to get his muscles moving after laying around, and it hurt so bad right now, but he was more than halfway there. That was when he saw the slight familiar red of a member of the pack, someone he had not met right up close, but someone whose reputation preceeded him. It had to be the tailor that Anann had talked about, Niro had been pointed out to him, but he had no real reason to approach the wolf at the time. Now curiousity set in, he was wondering why the wolf, who he’d normally seen in such a big group of others was suddenly alone. Once again his lack of care that he was intruding on something private he made his way up to Strel.

Hello.

He said as he moved along the small thicket of trees. He could imagine if they were not living her it would grow into a thick deciduous forest. Just like the one not too far from here. He stopped and waited, finally hoping that he really wasn’t intruding on Strel and silently berating himself for ignoring the possibility someone might not want his company. It was too late now, he’d either be accepted into a conversation, or berated for his stupidity.

<style type="text/css">
.eaglefish b {font-weight:bold; color:#5C430D; text-shadow: #A39069 1px 1px 1px; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.eaglefish-ooc { font-weight:bold; padding:15px; font-family:georgia; font-size:10px; color:#5C430D; text-align:right; text-shadow: #A39069 1px 1px 1px;}
.eaglefish p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.eaglefish {margin:0 auto; width:463px; background-color:#DBCDB0; background-image:url(http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/1861/coolio.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 10px 0px 280px 0px; font-family: georgia; font-size:11px; color:#000000; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
.eaglefish-border {width:465px; border:1px solid #5C430D; margin:0 auto; }
.eaglefish .separator{width:430px; border-bottom:1px dashed #5C430D; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
300+
derp

The voice called him from his reverie and the redhead turned his head to gaze blankly at the newcomer. He recognized him, but not by name. He had certainly seem him around. Was it at the ball? Or somewhere else? Well, regardless, he had seen him around but had nothing to call him. Lavender hued eyes stared at him for a moment, as though he were not really there and a figment of Strel's overactive imagination. When the figure did not fade, he knew the man was real and before him. "Oh. Hello."

He turned back to stare at the rumpled paper in his hands, the black letters still holding no meaning to him. God, he wished he knew what Rikka had left for him. It was tearing at him inside to not know her last words for him. Hadn't he told her he couldn't read? Maybe she thought he would find someone to read it for him; there really could be nothing else about it. Or maybe she had not been thinking clearly and had just left it for fear of seeing him face to face to say this. What happened? What on earth happened? Rikka had been so mellow, so easygoing that he found it hard to believe that something bad happened to drive her away.

There was a stranger near him and he had still really not addressed him. Strel glanced over his shoulder at him. The man was injured it seemed. Now what had happened to him? "What the hell happened to you?" he asked, eyebrows furrowing. "Did you run into an angry bear or something like that?" Strel was unnecessarily forceful in his words, his emotional strain filtering into his tone. And who was this guy, again? He should have known who he was, but it seemed he had slacked lately in getting to know people.

<style type="text/css">
.bastard b {font-weight:normal; color:#46789d; letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:12px;text-shadow: #21637c 1px 1px 1px; }
.bastardooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#3e828d;text-align:center;}
.bastard{margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#00356b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... dtable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 190px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#21637c; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 312 (3 Points)

it seemed as though the reddish wolf barely saw that he was there, in fact he looked up and said hi to him, though that was it, he’d looked down again lost in thought. Niro saw the paper in his hands and was curious as to why this piece of paper would ake Strel so distracted, he was about to move forward again when Strelein looked at him again and boomed his question, scaring Niro out of his wits. The sternness of the male’s voice made Niro answer.

Hunting accident… more like a mad Moose though.

He said feeling stupid as he remembered the event, though he could remember only so much now and soon he’d not be remembering it at all, it would just be a faded memory. For now it was a fresh wound. He knew the other wolf didn’t know who he was, though he seemed rather conscerned, or was it just pure shock that Niro came up looking like this?

I don’t really think we’ve been properly introduced. I’m Niro Takekuro.

He felt strange introducing himself to a wolf he’d seen many times and he’d been here almost a year, it was a strange thought, though he didn’t it like I t much that meant if there was one old member he didn’t meet that usually meant there was more.

I couldn’t help but notice that something might be troubling you. Thought I might be able to help.

He said rather uncomfortably, hoping those words didn’t sound too intrusive. As much as he’s had practice with other members he was feeling that the accident and the events just made him come crashing down, and that he was having a harder time communicating with other wolves as though he just moved here once again. It didn’t give him a good feeling about his life at this point in time.

<style>
.niroocean .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.niroocean p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.niroocean b {color:#AAD0E9; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.niroocean {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010may/nirotable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:150px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #AAD0E9; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#E4EDF3; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.niroocean-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
300+
derp

Oh this guy was one of the more active hunters. Where Strel would stay around for small, easy game, this guy would start hunts for the big stuff that would feed much more than a wolf or two. The redhead did not need that kind of game. It was fun, maybe for a minute, but after so much running and so much struggle to bring down a single creature, the quick meal of a few rabbits seemed better in comparison. With small meals, there was no question as to who got what part of the animal. And it was easier to preserve and store. And the prey would not leave behind very painful marks. Come now, was he the only truly logical one here?

Raising an eyebrow, Strelein eyed the familiar, yet unfamiliar persona. "No, we haven't. I would have remembered you." Small details stood out in his mind about individual people. It was his attention to them that helped him sometimes. "I'm Strelein." Introductions through, the redhead returned his purple gaze to the water. It gurgled a bit and the redhead could have sworn he saw tiny, silver fish dart around beneath the surface. Ah, little fish, little fish, they had no real idea what the world was like for those like the mammals that may eat them one day. Why was life so complex?

"I don't know. At this point, I just don't know," he sighed, dejected. "If you can somehow fly and track at the same time, I'd appreciate you letting me use your skills. If not, than do you know someone who can read?" Strel figured it was a long shot that the guy himself read, but chances were he knew someone who could. At least he had not yet revealed the source of his distress.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc...

Niro nodded at Strelein, he knew he’d gotten the name right, he’d been pointed out before. Niro just never got the chance to actually meet the tailor. He watched as the other wolf seemed to become distant once again, which made Niro feel out of place, maybe he shouldn’t be here right now? He had to sit down, the walk had taken a number on him. As he sat he heard the wolf speak to him again, Niro smiled slightly, boy he wished he could fly.

I’m afraid the only one who can fly around here is Marahute, I’m afraid she’s too young for tracking, but I can read.

He said, feeling he could at least do smething for the wolf, though he didn’t want to invade on any type of privacy this wolf had for most reading material these days was just that. He was surprised that Strelein did not know how to read, but he told himself off that the red canine next to him did not have Orin as a sister. He didn’t tell him to hand over what he had that needed reading though, that was rude, he’d just wait and let Strel ponder it for a second, if he didn’t want Niro’s help he’d be fine with it, though Niro wasn’t going to go anywhere soon as his back leg had started throbbing with pain even though he had not used it once the whole time he walked.

<style type="text/css">
.niroeaglehead b {font-weight:bold; color:#B3AF8D; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.niroeaglehead-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.niroeaglehead p {text-indent:20px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.niroeaglehead {margin:0 auto; width:438px; background-color:#B2D5F3; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... lehead.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #8E8B91; padding: 10px 0px 240px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#F4F3F0; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
sorry for delay :<

Strel gave a sigh, wondering if there was anyone at all who could help. Oh, he was being quite the drama king but that was definitely not the point here. The point here was that the lack of assistance was only making him pout more and more, and quite frankly, that just sucked so hard. It made him despondent and this was not the kind of face he wanted to present to the public, friends and strangers alike. Strel was not a depressive person, whose very presence sucked the joy from the room. Well, at least he hoped he was not. But this, this was just ridiculous and had to stop. Or else.

He scantly heard what the man said, so lost in thought was he. After a moment, though, all of it registered in his mind and the redhead straightened up instantly and turned at the waist to peer at Niro. "Really? You can?" Strel was feeling the pressure at his waist. Getting out of the slight ditch of the stream, the redhead crouched in front of Niro, fumbling with the paper in his hands. Rushing, he flattened it out, trying to rub the wrinkles out of the piece of paper. It was almost futile, but it seemed as though the scribbles were still decipherable. "What does it say? What did Rikka tell me?" he asked, voice almost impatient.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc goodnesssss

Niro was shocked that Strel was surprised that Niro could read, almost as shocked as Niro was when he found out Strel couldn’t read, were most wolves illiterate? Well then he guess he was glad his sister made him learn how to read books then. He was offered to read a paper one who’s words were dimmed from the look of the paper it had been looked over many times but it was plain, he read it over once, his eyes moving back and forth. None of it made sense to Niro, but he figured it would to Strel, he cleared his throat and read aloud

Strelein,

I am leaving for a while, back to the place that has always given me the most peace of anywhere in the world. I think I need to return there to finish healing as well as some other things. I had fun with you, that night, and I hope that you won't forget me while I'm gone. I won't forget you. I'll be back someday, but until then I hope happiness and luck stays with you.

With Love...Rikka

He looked up at Strel, Rikka was gone too? Another of Niro’s friends had left the pack? He wondered what could have happened then… He couldn’t imagine why so many of his new friends were now gone, though one of them had been his fault and now he wondered if Rikka had been his fault too… the fresh wounds and everything that had recently happened made his mind reel.

<style type="text/css">
.nirogifty01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#bdae92; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nirogifty01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c978c; text-align:left;}
.nirogifty01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.nirogifty01 {margin:0 auto; width:368px; background-color:#202522; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 252221.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bdae92; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c978c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.nirogifty01-border1 {width:370px; border:1px solid #4d4849; margin:0 auto;}
.nirogifty01-line1 {width:344px; border-bottom:1px dotted #514c41; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
300+
ffffffff bad gen bad

Strel sat quietly as he watched Niro's eyes dart sideways along the paper, reading off the words. Suddenly the gibberish made sense and the redhead could only sit in silence as he wondered what every little bit of wording could have really meant. His fists clenched tightly, slowly as the message read out. It still seemed so much like he had done something absolutely horrible to Rikka that she did not want to mention or that she did not think was important. But why would she need to leave to heal? Heal from what? What could have happened that he had not been aware of? He was getting close to Rikka and now he felt as though he had not learned remotely enough about her in the time she was here and a friend.

"Why..? What could she need to heal? Was it her family? I know she's a Lykoi child but they seemed to be fine with her being here and being who she is..," he thought out loud, staring blankly at the note as he stared at it. "But that seems silly. Maybe she got in a tussle? Or an old wound?" Strel bit his lip, still wondering why. Why was it always why? Why? Why? Why? "But maybe I did something, but I'm sure I never did anything." A horrible thought dawned on him, and he blanched. "Not... while sober I didn't... maybe.. maybe when we drank? Maybe I did something?"

That was when the redhead realized he had been talking for a while to himself, making Niro privy to some slightly private, not so horrible facts. "Oh I'm sorry. That.. Thank you," he said simply, looking rather flustered at the scene he had displayed before the other man. "Did you know Rikka?" Everyone should have known her. She was certainly a fun hippie, even for a Lykoi.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc...

He then came to his sense as Strel started speaking to himself, how could he have been the reason for Rikka’s leaving, he’d not seen her in so long, but his heart sank as he heard Strel talking to himself, did he think it had been himself? He frowned, thinking of what he may have done that would warrant the hippy woman to leave, to have to heal? He looked at the paper in front of him, wondering what could have happened, then he heard they drank and he may have done something… that brought a memory back to him. He’d been drinking with someone himself and he’d not remembered what had happened, does this amnesia happen to everyone? He didn’t say anything about it though, he didn’t want Strel’s worry to be more he didn’t want to put any ideas into the mans head he had no idea what had happened so he couldn’t say, but he did hope he didn’t get aggressive to the woman.

Yes I know her, I don’t understand why she’d leave either. I’ve not heard from her in a while.

He admitted not sure how what else to say, had they been in a situation the same? He’d not remembered that night with the new woman who was from a different pack, he chewed on his lip trying to figure out, if something had happened to her wouldn’t she need to tell someone in person? He’d had to heal but he couldn’t really do much for himself, what injury would drive her away?

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro b {font-weight:bold; color:#AD7E00; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]

Strel flattened his ears and tucked the note away in the pocket of his pants. "I wish I could talk to her about it... I don't like this running away business.. It leaves us feeling so unfulfilled and so out of the loop. I hate it." He looked down, feeling guilty because he was oh so guilty of this very same crime. "I hate it.." Strelein had run from his family without many words or really any explanation. How had his family left after he fled from Michigan and the coast of Lake Huron to the edge of the continent? Oh how hurt they must have been if this man was so bent out of shape over a woman, a esteemed colleague. How did family feel?

"How did you know Rikka?" he asked suddenly, blatantly. He did not care what Niro's relationship was to Rikka, but he wanted to know more about her, especially now that he did not have her to ask himself. This was the best he could do with what he had. It sucked but it would have to do for now.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc: ending wasn’t so great Sad

<

Strel’s words hit so close to home it was like Niro had been socked in the stomach. He too wished the same thing… it seemed to be a trend with woment. He looked up at the man, his heart still aching and wondering where his fair Liliya had gone, wanting to go out though he was purely injure at the moment. He just wanted to see what had happened.

It’s a growing trend I suppose, but I do wish she would have said something a bit more than this.

Niro didn’t know Rikka well enough, but for her to leave with little to no explanation. It was hard on the male, and it seemed that Strel was having a hard time adjusting to the thought too. They must have been good friends.

Well we’ve met a few times. Just talked a little bit though, It was when I had trouble catching birds, she does have a way of cheering people up.

Niro said partially absentmindedly thinking about the day he and Rikka had met up, he looked up at the reddish man.

How did you two meet?

He knew thinking about good happy things did tend to cheer other’s up and normally meetings were pretty happy. It seemed Strel was displeased about the whole ordeal which meant that he liked her enough to care about her.

[/html]
[html]
300+ prob can wrap it up c:

Nodding, the redhead knew what this guy was talking about. But what could he do? What could either of them do? Chasing others was as unwise as could be. Besides, Strel had his duties here, and he wanted to remain here. This was the home he had never had and he wanted to keep it. Leaving was just too much of a maverick move that the redhead could only throw it out of his head like a cheating lover's bags.

Rikka, indeed, had a way of cheering people up. Maybe it was that her presence alone was cheerful, golden colored as she was and in her colorful clothes. Strel certainly liked being around her; she had a fun attitude and personality and he loved it. It was nice having something just as flirtatious to be around who would hit on back at him after he had flirted at her. Like having a female version of himself. Plus having drinking buddies was always delightful. They could have fun until they lost their minds. Then lord knew what shenanigans they got up to. It was fun! And now she was gone.

"Randomly. I saw her chilling by a house or something, I think. She had booze and she shared it. We got trashed," he confessed, laughing at it. "I don't remember that night but it must have been fun since we had massive headaches and hangovers in the morning. It was great." It seemed kind of like the thing to not enjoy, but Strel thought it was a funny way to meet someone. "But I guess I can't have any more of those kinds of days with her." Strel rose, stretching his tired, sore limbs and joints. Brushing off debris off his ass, the redhead looked down at Niro. "Thanks for reading the note. I think I may need to go do something to cheer myself out of this disgusting funk I'm in. Nice meeting you, by the way." With that, he smiled at Niro.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]