We all gotta grow up sometime
[html]

300+
boys will be boys - for mommy dearest <3

Silvano was getting tired of always being shorter, and smaller, and less useful than the rest of the pack. Everyone older than him had their other forms, but he and his siblings were still wandering around on all fours, like the newborn babes they had been born as. He wanted to walk upright, to utilize the gift he was born with. But so far, all he could do was see the world from his lowered point of view without an adapted set of limbs that could help him truly, truly conquer the world around him. It was high time to fix that; Silvano was feeling more urges to change, to shift his bones under his skin. Maybe his mother could help?

Almost full size, the Sadira was still awkwardly proportioned compared to the adults around him. His bigger head and slightly larger paws, compared to his body, gave away his age. But soon, he would be able to run on two legs and seem older than he was. The thought of that made his tongue loll at the side of his mouth as he strode around the mansion, wondering where to start looking for his mother. This latest litter of puppies had long since outgrown staying all the time at the mansion, but he figured she could not possibly have gone too terribly far, even though she did have to run the entirety of the pack.

She was not inside - well he did not really know, having only poked his head through the door - but that did not deter the Sadira. "Mother... where are you?" he mused out loud as he shifted his green eyes across the view from the doorway. He shifted his weight from one side to the other in an attempt to ease his slight impatience. He had set his mind on shifting today, but he had to have his mother, childish as that was. Savina would make him more at ease with it, considering how new the transformation would be for him. Surely his mother was experienced enough to guide him?

<style type="text/css">
.silvanohidden b {font-weight:bold; color:#435213; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.silvanohidden-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:right; }
.silvanohidden p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.silvanohidden {margin:0 auto; width:357px; background-color:#A5994F; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... vano-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #435213; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#827952; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Yay family time! Big Grin 300+

The mother had been spending most of what little free time she had working on knitting the scarves she had set out to make for her three youngest children. It was going to be their first winter, and she wanted to do everything she could to make sure that they would be kept warm during the harsh, frigid months. When she had come here two years ago and gone through her first winter, the scarf that she had found had been of a great help to her. Last winter she had also found a coat which was even more helpful in keeping her warm. Savina wanted to find coats for them as well, but first they needed to shift so she could know what size of garment to get them. Artemis had made her first change, but Silvano and Parker had yet to go through the transformation to optime form. It wouldn't be long though, she had a feeling that told her so.

She had been knitting ever since she had woken that morning and it was about time to give her fingers a break. The Italian fey placed all her knitting work and utensils into a bag she had found for them and left the library. She knew that no one would purposefully mess with her project, but with little pups running around, it was just better to be safe then sorry. As she walked out of the library and headed towards the staircase, a movement just outside the front door caught her eye. Savina poked her head around the corner to look and immediately smiled as she laid eyes upon her son. "Silvano, my little prince! How you are you dear?" Time was growing short of when she could get away calling him such little pet names without him getting too annoyed, and she planned to use that time as best as she could.

<style type="text/css">
.savinagift01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f6efd9; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #c9a3ae; }
.savinagift01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#e58fa3; text-align:center;}
.savinagift01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.savinagift01 {margin:0 auto; width:453px; background-color:#f1d5dd; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... gift01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 170px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#e58fa3; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.savinagift01-border1 {width:455px; border:1px solid #5f4a52; margin:0 auto;}
.savinagift01-line1 {width:423px; border-bottom:1px dotted #f2e5e9; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

300+
I SWEAR I MADE A POST SINCE THE LAST TIME.. WHAT...

The youth instantly perked up at hearing his mother's voice, feeling comfort in her dulcet tones, so familiar. He heard it in the womb, or so he assumed, and it made him relax. Though, sometimes, she could be as biting as she wanted when she doled out the reprimands, but the boy was still devoted to his mother and loved her. As always, she was in her two legger form and Silvano had to look up at her. It confused him a bit as to what he was supposed to do in this situation. He wanted to pounce on her but it would be hard, considering she towered over him like nothing else. It would look like those pictures of humans petting their eager pets and that was not an image the boy wanted to replicate.

"Mommy!" he cried, choosing to give her an excited look, tail wagging as he bumped his head against her leg. Silvano looked up at her, wondering if he would soon learn how to close that distance and give her a hug, like he'd seen others do. It seemed like the thing to do with family. "I'm good, how are you?" He beamed at her, smiling broadly. The boy could never be nearly as excited or loud as Artemis, but his loving affection was more akin to Parker's, though a bit louder. "I... want to learn to shift.. I wanna stop being so short. I want to climb trees and rocks and human places, too." He looked almost guilty, fearing she was busy and would not have the time to even tell him more about this whole.. issue. He hadn't disturbed her had he?

<style type="text/css">
.silvanohidden b {font-weight:bold; color:#435213; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.silvanohidden-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:right; }
.silvanohidden p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.silvanohidden {margin:0 auto; width:357px; background-color:#A5994F; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... vano-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #435213; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#827952; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

300+

The look that spread across her young son's face when he saw her made the woman's heart glow. Even though everything had gone off without a hitch with her first litter, every parent had their fears that they would mess up or do something to make their child's love for them diminish. Savina worked very hard to make sure that that would never happen and did her best to keep a balance between showering her kids with affection and giving them the space they needed. They were rapidly shifting into young adults and even if she wished that they would stay little longer she had no desire to stifle their growth. If she did such a thing they would only resent her for it. She was glad that her affectionate greeting had been taken by Silvano well.

He bumped affectionately against her leg and Savina knelt down so they could be closer to the same level. It could be awkward when they were in two different forms, and Silvano undoubtedly was anxious for the time that he would be able to shift himself; she didn't want her boy to feel out of place. The Commander leaned over to give him a kiss on the top of his head. "I am good as well. I've just been working on the scarves I'm making for the three of you." Part of the mother had wished to surprise them, but she had felt it a safer route to consult them and make sure that she knitted them scarves in colors that they would approve of.

Her boy's desire did not surprise her in the least, and she smiled warmly down at him to assuage any concerns he had. "Well, it is largely dependent on whether or not your body is ready for it, but I can tell you how and you can see if you can." He was about the right age, so hopefully his attempts would be successful.

<style type="text/css">
.savinagift01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f6efd9; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #c9a3ae; }
.savinagift01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#e58fa3; text-align:center;}
.savinagift01 {margin:0 auto; width:453px; background-color:#f1d5dd; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... gift01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 170px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#e58fa3; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.savinagift01-line1 {width:423px; border-bottom:1px dotted #f2e5e9; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

now who made this sexy piece of delicious?

Silvano gave his mother a curious look. Scarves? But it would be impossible to put on a scarf without hands or assistance. How was he supposed to - oh! That meant that the scarves were for them when they learned to shift! The youth gave an excited noise, something hard to categorize. "Scarf? For us? For me?" he asked, tail wagging as he imagined wearing a scarf. But what colors was it? "What colors did you use for me, Mama?" Or maybe she had not started his, so maybe she had not chosen the colors for him. The Sadira did not care too much what colors they were, so long as they weren't too frilly and girly, like something that Parker or Artie would like.

Eyes shining at the prospect, the young one relished the thought he might be able to shift before night fell. "I.. I would really, really like that. I don't know what to do but I want to so much," he confessed, voice slightly hushed. "I want to.. I want to do the things you and Daddy can do..," added Silvano, looking up at his mother hopefully. "Has Artie or Parker asked yet?" There was no race between to shift first, but the boy would have liked to beat his sisters, namely Artemis, in something. It was just a friendly family competition, as all siblings were wont to do.

<style type="text/css">
.silvcaesar b {font-weight:bold; color:#473928; letter-spacing:.0px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #282421; }
.silvcaesar-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.silvcaesar p {text-indent:15px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.silvcaesar {margin:0 auto; width:455px; background-color:#010101; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... caesar.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #7D7058; padding: 270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#493824; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
.silvcaesar-line1 {width:395px; border-bottom:1px dotted #5E4F3A; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

;D <3 300+

At first Silvano looked a little confused when she mentioned the scarves, but quickly his confusion turned to excitement. His hopeful exclamation made the mother's smile grow wider, her tail sweeping the floor as it wagged. "Yes! A scarf I made just for you! There's one for Parker and Artemis, too. I'm working on one for Denali, but it'll be a while before he can wear it." That made the woman a little nervous, only because she had noticed that her adopted son's coat wasn't quite so thick as her other children's. It must have something to do with his breed but it made her nervous for his ability to stay warm this winter. "I made yours with blue and white. Actually, I have it here..." Savina dug through her bag and found Silvano's scarf. The woman pulled it out and showed it to him, hoping desperately that he would approve of her gift to him.

The way his eyes looked as she confirmed she would do what she could to help him shift made her wish all the more that he would be able to. Her childhood had been very different. In Monti Sabini, shifting had been forbidden and so it had not been something she had looked forward to. Eventually she had had to, because the urges had become too strong to resist, but as soon as she could she shifted back and had never changed forms again until she had come to live here. It was much different for her pups, and she was glad that she could help them through it. "I understand caro, hopefully today will be the day."

Savina stood up, looking up towards the stairs. "Would you like to head up to the room to try? So you can have some more privacy?" She had a feeling her son wouldn't be fond of trying to shift out in the common area of the manor. "No, at least they haven't come to me, and your father hasn't mentioned them asking him." She was actually pretty sure that Artemis had managed to shift, but she didn't want to mention it to Silvano. Plus her answer wasn't a lie; neither of her daughters had come to her seeking advice or help on the matter.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

<3

Blue and white? Those were their pack colors and the pup could not be more excited for it. It was his home and he could wear his pride in the winter daily? His green eyes watched the scarf emerge from the bag like a snake from its hiding hole. It was blue and white and it was his. It was all his, for his very own. Silvano wanted to leap up against his mother and have her wrap it around his neck so he could proudly show off it to the rest of the world. But it would be a better reward for successfully shifting. Then he could wrap it around himself on his own with his own two hands - his own. Independence! That was it! That was what he would get! How delicious! "Oh grazie, Mamma!" he cried out, smiling broadly at Savina.

And now he would learn to shift, even if he might not today. But the urge to do so had been growing stronger daily lately and it seemed appropriate. Except, learning in public.. it may be a bit hard to do. Silvano would be more embarrassed than eager to shift. So.. his mother had a point. "Si mama.. You got a point..," he admitted, a bit smug over the fact that he was the only one to come to his mother. Though, maybe Artemis would have found her own way with it; that was the way she was. Maybe he wouldn't mention to her that he had gone to their mother to learn.. "Okay.. Can we go and learn now?" he asked eagerly, heading for the stairs with a hop in his gait as he skipped halfway up the stairs.

<style type="text/css">
.silvcaesar b {font-weight:bold; color:#473928; letter-spacing:.0px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #282421; }
.silvcaesar-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.silvcaesar {margin:0 auto; width:455px; background-color:#010101; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... caesar.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #7D7058; padding: 270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#493824; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
.silvcaesar-line1 {width:395px; border-bottom:1px dotted #5E4F3A; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Silv is so cute Big Grin 300+

Savina watched the anticipation in her son's eyes and she dug through her bag and then revealed the scarf that she had knitted just for him. She had known that her boy would be proud to wear Crimson Dream's colors around his neck during the cold months and she could practically see such thoughts passing behind his forest green eyes now. Silvano's optics were a shade or two darker than her own, but there was no question that he had inherited them from her. The woman loved being able to pick out the various physical traits that she saw of herself and Kansas in their children. Each little thing was like a precious gift which, when put all together, made up the miracle that was each one of them. "You are so very welcome, my principe." Her long hours of working with the needles had paid off.

It didn't surprise her that he was quick to agree with her suggestion of moving to a more private location. It would make him more comfortable and the process of shifting would go smoother if he were in a place that he felt safe. No one in the pack would ever make fun of him she knew, but she also knew that at such times it was best to be away from prying eyes. "Of course," she said warmly. The mother and son headed up the stairs and to the Commander's bedroom. Once inside Savina closed the door and went to sit on the bed while she looked over at Silvano. "Alright, to shift is mostly a matter of mind over body. What you need to do is to focus on the change itself, will it to happen, and your body will begin the process. It will take some time to complete, but just keep your thoughts focused on the change and it will all go well." It really wasn't that difficult, the hardest part was conquering your nerves.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Slipping into the room, the young one sat himself down on the floor as his mother took the bed for herself. He looked up at her as she explained what he was supposed to do. It sounded so.. easy. But he had sat for a good few minutes on his own and scrunched his eyes tight as he thought about how to force his bones to move. All he got for his troubles was a headache and a few moments of blinking out the stars from his eyes. How was what Savina told him any different? It did not sound remotely different at all. "Is that all, Mamma?" he asked, furrowing his brows as he peered at her, wondering if there was another trick to it. "All I gotta do is think about it?" Really now.. "But I tried that before and all I got was my eyes hurting..," he confessed.

"Well.. guess all I can do is try, right?" Silvano shook out his head and cocked his head this way and that to work out kinks in case they would make his head come out funky. If he shifted that is. He shut his eyes, slowly tightening them as the seconds ticked by. By the time they managed to contort his entire face, the boy's ears had pulled back and his head lowered on his shoulders and he seemed to be holding his breath. With a sudden great exhale he opened those green eyes of his and shot them down at his legs; still the same. It didn't work. "Gah! Non ha funzionato! Per l'amore del Dio!" he cursed out, growling.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Hover for translation! 300+

It was sort of a hard thing to fully explain. It was an innate ability they all shared. Once Silvano made it through his first shift it would become easier and easier until he would be able to transform without barely any effort on his part. The first shift was the hill he had to climb though. Her son questioned her, asking if that really was all that he needed to do and adding that he had, in fact, tried so before. "That is the best way I can think to explain it," she answered, wishing that she could provide more descriptive instructions for him. "Maybe it just wasn't the right time when you tried before. Like I said, your body has to be ready for the change to happen." It couldn't be forced, at least it shouldn't be. Perhaps in a stressful situation it could be forced, but that was certainly not the kind of experience she wanted for him.

"Right," she said encouragingly. Silvano shook himself out and then shut his eyes. The mother watched anxiously, waiting to see if something would start to happen with baited breath. As time ticked slowly by though, nothing happened, and she could see her son becoming more and more tense as the moments passed with no change. Finally he released the air that he had been holding and, seeing no change in himself, cursed loudly. Savina's ears fell back sympathetically, but she thought she might have found her son's problem. "Silvano, penso che forse lei prova troppo duro, caro. Lei non dovrebbe provare a forzarlo. Appena con calma concentrarsi su esso e lasciarlo succede." Maybe it just wasn't the right time, but the Italian fey had a feeling that if her son just stopped trying so terribly hard that it would happen for him.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Silvano flattened his ear, discouraged a tad by his mother's words. She did not mean for it but he felt disheartened; maybe now was not the time too, since he was having so hard a time with it. But, but, he wanted it. So badly. The boy scrunched up his face a bit, determined to shift today, or at least get ever closer to it, but oh how he wanted to succeed now, today. Savina had a point, but the boy was beginning to feel a tad impatient. He heard her words, sweet with the language of Italy, of where his mother was from. He understood it, for he and his siblings had been raised on it as they had English. Though it was easy to see their preference, considering the dominant tongue in the land.

"Okay.. Ascolterò voi, Mamma," he answered, eyes focusing on the ground as a focal point. Just.. ease into it, right? Again Silvano shut his eyes, trying not to tighten them together too much. Breathing slowing slightly, the boy willed, so hard, for his body to change, to grow, to be what it could be. Moments later, he peaked open an eye and looked down and his heart fell again. "It.. isn't working.. What am I doing wrong, Mamma?" he whined up this mother, his darker green eyes meeting her emerald ones.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

300+

It was clear that Silvano was getting quite frustrated with the fact that he was not succeeding thus far in getting his body to shift forms. The mother couldn't help but wonder if this hadn't been such a good idea, but then surely he would have been just as, if not more, disappointed if she had denied to give him any assistance or guidance. Savina could never turn her children down whenever they came to her for help, it was simply impossible. It was her job, as a parent, to do anything and everything for them, especially when they asked for it. Even if things weren't going as either of them had hoped she could never regret telling her son that she would try and help him through his first change.

She gave her son another encouraging smile as he said that he would listen to her advice about not trying so terribly hard. The tenser he was, the harder this all would be for him. Silvano needed to just relax and let things happen, unfortunately that was a bit against her boy's character. Savina watched as he made his new attempt, but unfortunately it yielded the same result as it had before: nothing. His inability to shift was clearly getting to him and his whine made her ears fold back once more. Savina got down from the bed and knelt on the floor, cupping her son's face in her hands. "I don't think you're doing anything wrong, caro." She knew that he didn't want to hear that it might not be the time, so she did not say that.

One more idea came to her though. She had no idea if it would help, but it was certainly worth a try. "How about I shift and you watch me? Maybe that could help somehow." There really wasn't much to see aside from the actual change itself, but she would do anything she could that might get him what he wanted. Savina scooted back a little and then let her body begin to shift back down to her four-legged form. The process was, for her, a quick one and in about a minute she was standing as a natural wolf. The mother looked back to her son. "Try now?" She hoped dearly that he wouldn't be disappointed again.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

300+

Silvano could only nod along, disappointment rather evident in his pose and facial features. If he did not shift today, now, then he would wait a little while and see if the urge would get stronger. But it was already so strong. Savina offered to change and the boy did nothing but nod again and take his eyes to watch her do what he was trying so hard to do himself. It did not take remotely long for his mother to change to four legs, now on his level. Pursing his lips, he imagined that it were him changing and how it would look for him to do so. Maybe it did help? "Okay, Mamma, I'll try again. Grazie."

Biting his tongue slightly, Silvano sat back again, closing his eyes as softly as he could, hoping to not let the discouraging situation get to him. It was all about positive attitude, but the boy was not the most adapt at it. Occassionally he would spring to brief moods of gloom, only to be brought back by his family's presence in his life. But this, this was more frustrating than anything else. So Silvano just imagined himself shifting, rather than willing his body too hard. He imagined his arms elongating, shoulders changing to put his new arms at his side and his torso changing, flattening a bit along with this chest so it as wider than it was thick. He just imagined how it went, for a few minutes, thinking that it would take that long at least.

He did not feel remotely different. He sighed, eyes still closed. "It's not working, Mamma." He opened his eyes, wondering why he was suddenly a bit higher up than before. Then the boy glanced down and saw that where front paws were now were hands, flexible and bending. His jaws opened wide in surprise as he saw that he had done it. Gaping back at his mother, the Sadira just looked at her in sheer surprise.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

300+

The more and more dejected her son become, the more she wished that his body would just cooperate with him and change forms. Surely he could not be that far away from being ready to shift. He was past his half-year mark so it certainly wasn't an impossibility. Hopefully changing in front of him would be just the key Silvano needed to unlock his new ability. The mother could not guess exactly how it might help, only that it had the possibility of doing so and she was running out of any other ideas. Her son looked at her curiously before saying that he would try one more time. She gave her boy an encouraging smile, saying a silent prayer that this time his concentration would pay off.

It took a moment, but then right before her eyes, her son began to change. It was all Savina could do to stop the excited bark from rising from her throat. No, she needed to stay silent, else she would risk breaking Silvano's concentration which would cause the process to stop, if not even go backwards. The mother was not about to risk her boy's progress. Quietly though, she started to shift back to her own optime form, wanting to meet Silvano on the same level once his transformation was complete. The Italian fey finished shifting before her son did, but it was not long until he was done either.

The mother waited expectantly, her tail wagging as she waited for him to open his eyes. Before he did, he sighed, resigning himself to defeat once again before he even looked. Right after those words were spoken though, his forest green orbs opened and she saw the confusion that momentarily shaped his features. Then he saw his hands and the recognition came, his jaw hanging open. He looked to her and she beamed a smile at him that was pure pride. She couldn't contain herself and wrapped Silvano in a tight hug. "Lei l'ha fatto, mio figlio! Lei l'ha fatto!" All the previous concern and worries were gone now.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Silvano was so dumbfounded that he didn't even notice that his mother's own body had changed while he had been changing his own. Mouth agape, hands hovering while he looked purely shocked, his mother hugged him, her arms wrapped tight around him. He rested his head on her shoulder and still looked beyond surprised. "I.. did it?" he said, realization starting to sink in. Lips slowly spread out into a grin, growing wider and wider and wider, teeth showing as he yelped excitedly and squeezed his mother back in her hug. "I-I did it!" he repeated, the enthusiasm clear in his voice as he laughed.

Pulling away from Savina, the Sadira boy sat back on his rear, looking down at his chest, flatter than his other form. His legs seemed longer to him, but they felt like they had undergone the least change. Testing his toes, he wiggled them, then his fingers - which was weird because they were always not fingers before. He bent them and marveled. He had a thumb, a usable, opposable thumb! He flipped them this way and that, looking as though he had smoked too much marijuana.

"Mamma... this is.. I'm..." He looked up at Savina, beaming at her. He leaned forward and then moved his legs beneath him, the movements almost foreign, yet entirely familiar. Pushing himself up, Silvano stood, legs shaking. He wobbled on his legs, uncertain of his own body once again. It was like being a few weeks old all over again. But this was more exciting. Far more exciting. "No one told me I'd have a hard time balancing again."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

300+

After all the frustration and failure of the moments before, it was taking some time for her son's accomplishment to seep into his head. At first the words he spoke were more of a question than a statement of fact. His surprise was understandable though, and the mother simply continued to hold her son while the truth of the matter came to him. It did not take long though. A happy yelp and a returned hug came--her first real hug from her son!--and the words that had been unsure before were now exultant. "Yes you did Silvano!" Even if it hadn't happened today, it would have happened soon she knew, but for her boy's sake she was glad that he had had this monumental breakthrough now.

Silvano pulled away and sat down, his eyes roving over his new form. Savina stood silently, still smiling like only a proud parent could, and took in this new image of her little boy. Oh, but he was no longer little anymore. In the minutes that had passed since they ran into each other downstairs, he had grown up even more, literally right before her very eyes. Silvano no longer looked like a boy, but like a young man. True, there was still some gangliness that he had yet to grow out of, but he was not a baby anymore. As proud as she was, the mother couldn't help but be a little sad to see her son not be her little boy anymore and a few tears wet the corners of her emerald eyes, but she did not let them fall to her face.

When Silvano looked back up at her though, the happiness on his face was enough to banish whatever lingering sadness that was in her. How could she be anything but happy for him? He stood up again, looking a bit like a wobbly foal on his two new legs. "It will pass soon enough. Once you have walked around a bit, you won't even have to think about it," she assured. A thought came to her and she turned around and grabbed the scarf that she had shown him earlier. Savina held it out to him. "You can use this whenever you want to now, and you better use it! I don't need to be sending Cambria to help you if you've caught a cold because you didn't bundle up," she said in mock sternness, one eye winking at her son.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

300+

Silvano nodded at her assurances, shooting his eyes down at his legs. It was such an odd view, after being used to staring at things from his previous height. It was like the difference between looking at the first story floor while on it or while looking over the stairs. Like night and day. He flexed his toes, still shocked at how these were his appendages and that he was entirely in control of them. He bent a knee and lifted up his foot, twisting it to the sides to the ankle's limit. It was his foot, alright, but it was still different. It supported him differently now. Straightening his back slightly, Silvano almost gasped at how hard it was to stand up at his full height; it was more of a balance issue at the moment. Crouching slightly, he had better balance but he knew he looked ridiculous compared to the straight backed Savina.

His mother held something out to him and the boy looked up, emerald eyes focusing on the blue and white scarf she had shown before. That's right! It was his reward for shifting! He beamed, hands shakily reaching out to pluck the woven material from his mother's grasp. He rubbed his thumbs against it as he held it in his hand. It was soft. Throwing it over his head and around his neck, Silvano fumbled with it a bit, wondering how he was supposed to tie or how he was supposed to loop it around his neck or what. He decided just to throw the two ends on opposite shoulders, eager to get out of the room to test his legs. But before that, he gave his mother another hug. "Grazie, Mamma! Thank you so much!" As he pulled away from the embrace, he had his hands on his new scarf as he grinned broadly at his mother.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]