Languages?
This is a thought I've been entertaining for a while and can't seem to find an easy answer for. Is High Speech the same as English? And Low Speech another language? Or is High Speech and English totally different languages? Is there an English High Speech and an English Low Speech? And then a Spanish one, etc? If a Luperci spoke High Speech to me, could I understand it? -confused-
High Speech mimics human languages. I think in the early days of 'Souls, it might have just been English, but now that so many characters speak other languages, I think it'd be safe to assume High Speech is "language" as humans know it. However, I don't think a human and a luperci could communicate through speech because their version of English and our version of English would be different since each specie has a differently-formed skeleton... and since they don't have lips, they couldn't pronounce most human words anyways! :O

On the other hand, I've always thought of Low-speech as being universal to all "lesser" animals -- there's no "language" barrier that separates them because in my mind, low speech equals simple.

I hope that makes sense! And that's just my interpretation of it all. Another SAer can correct me if this is totally off! :O
That makes sense. :3 I was wondering about that. xD Thanks!
Haha, great! Smile

And if I remember correctly, our little plot with humans involved interactions, but neither could speak to the other -- we all played it off as "what's that thing doing/ saying?"
xD That's pretty funny. But the written languages are still the same, right? So if a human and a Luperci met, they could communicate through writing?
Yes! Especially since a lot of Luperci, Tayui included, do a lot of reading and salvage human books.
Your interp is the same as mine, Tammi. Smile
*fist bump*