Baa Baa Black Sheep
[html]

She had never been to this place before, and had brought something with her to show her good nature. Addison had been told by her mother that it wasn’t polite to visit strangers without bringing a gift to show that you were a good wolf and that you meant no harm. So in one of her hands was a large bundle of sheep meat. The other hand held the end of a piece of rope that was wrapped around the neck of a very large, wooly, happy animal. It made small sounds of contentedness as it munched on grass that was growing around the area that she stood in.

The short luperci coughed a bit, breath coming out as visible puffs of mist. It was chilly outside today. She hoped that someone would come by soon, not wanting to howl and risk scaring the sheep. The gray and brown wolf was dressed for the weather in a long knitted brown sweater and matching hat, but now that she wasn’t moving the cold was beginning to seep in a little more. It was beginning to get a bit later in the day, a fact that didn’t help with the coldness.

Addison sat down next to the sheep as it munched on the dry grass. It was one of the odd ones from the herd, a black one, and its wool would make for an interesting scarf or other item of clothing if they chose to shear it and then eat it. If they already had a herd of their own and didn't need the food, though, maybe they could wait until spring to shear it with the others. She picked at the grass with her fingers, waiting patiently for a packmember to discover her.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: I come up with weird lyrics, can't ya tell?

And don't forget by the end of the night,
You'll be fist high in your own vomit, alive.

Fifty-six, Fifty-seven, Fifty-eight, fifty-nine, sixty. Mars had been walking around in his optime form this cold November morning. The man's fur had been growing out, becoming longer to accommodate the winters that were to come in Nova Scotia. His breath was cold this morning, him breathing out through his mouth as he had walked along. The man had been fully clothed as well, his black leather jacket hugging his broad shoulders and zipped up over his chest, to keep the fur from being exposed. He also had a black scarf wrapped around his neck to keep his neck extra warm. To finish his outfit, he had his black jeans that he had made back when he was in California. The man walked along, counting his steps away from his last checkpoint that he had passed about two or three minute ago. He had to restart his count when he had traveled to a checkpoint. Why? because he was crazy, that's the only reason really, seriously. He'd been walking around aimlessly this morning, thinking perhaps. "About what?" would be the million dollar question in this case.

His nose would all of a sudden pick up a scent that he did not know. Then again, what did Mars even really know? He knew only about what happened in his own little world, his little bubble of insanity. So with this being said, he had been looking over to Bartholomew, whom was walking somewhat close behind Mars(a rarity since Bart and Mars didn't get along too well) and the two walked in silence towards where-ever they were headed today. Apparently, the borders was their destination because that's the exact direction that they had been traveling in. Mars, where are we going? Bartholomew actually finally spoke to the quiet man that was ignoring him and his question for a good few minutes. Mars was not in the mood really to talk to Bart, and it was obvious by the shadowed look on his face that sat behind those dark sunglasses. Bartholomew knew the look just because they were the same person, but other than that, Bartholomew knew that he was pretty much indestructible since Mars still knew not to be at peace with himself. Too much self conflict had caused him to become two different people...Literally. Wherever you are not. the man had spoken to the other, annoyed that the man was there. Mars wished not to deal with the loud Bartholomew. He was just that, too fucking loud. Yeah you're funny Mars, now where are we really going? Bartholomew spoke sarcastically to Mars before another whiff of that random scent that Mars had picked up had caused the two men to stop and bask for a moment. Who is that? Should we check that? Mars asked, his head turning to Bartholomew for a moment. Bartholomew shrugged and smiled. You get to handle it though. Try to be nice for once in your freakin' life, okay Mars? Bartholomew would speak to the other man before he would give the other a forceful nudge towards where there would be a gray and brown wolfess would be standing there, clothed much like he, short as well, and with a rope attached to a black sheep that was following her. He would cock his head as he moved towards the woman, mismatched hands forced into the pockets of the jeans he had on, and his blue eyes looking at the luperci woman from behind those sunglasses.

He would cautiously approach the woman, his ears were flicked back slightly, and his head tilted towards the right. Tail was curled because of his doggish ancestry. Who are you? voice would ring in the cold morning air, his tone calm, and voice quiet.

<style type="text/css">
.marssong .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:center; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#000000}
.marssong .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:justify; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#794603}
.marssong b {font-weight:bold; text-shadow: #fff 2px 1px 1px; color:#e55d00; letter-spacing:1px; }
.marssong {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#ffc223; background-image:url(http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/1421/table1top.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 223px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia; font-size:14px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Be careful to keeping your writing in the past tense when switching between personalities ^^; I was a bit confused by your post.

The sun was beginning to sink down over the horizon line. She watched it out of the corner of her eye, careful not to look directly at it. It hurt her eyes pretty badly to look at the sun like that for a while. Lately it felt like the sun went down sooner and sooner in the day, the night lasting longer than ever. It had been noon not that long ago, after all.

The approach of another, footsteps crunching through the leaves and debris that littered the ground, made her rise to her feet. She'd never been to this place and if they were going to chase her out or weren't friendly, she'd need to make a quick escape. Either way they'd probably end up getting the sheep; she doubted that the animal could keep up with a luperci like herself, even with her short legs.

Addison hadn't seen a wolf that looked like Mars before, and wondered if he was some kind of hybrid. She knew that dogs could come in all sorts of colors..but she'd never seen such a split coat before. "Addison. From Phoenix Valley...not too far from here. Who are you?" She asked, alto voice pleasant.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: sorry for the confusion jamzface, i'll try not to let it happen again. exactly +500

What's so wrong with being happy?
Kudos to those who see through sickness.

The woman would stand, though not as tall as Mars himself, she still looked as if she could put up some sort of a fight. Didn't the saying go something like "the smaller the dog, the harder it fought"? Either way, Mars knew to keep his distance from the wolvess, for his mother had been sure to make him stay his distance when he had first met a person. Hell, Mars tended to stay away from a lot of wolvens when he first met them, and even when they knew who he was, he still did not get too comfortable in the presence of another. Even when he was in the presence of himself he was uncomfortable at times. The times he was most comfortable would probably be when he was sitting behind a guitar, singing a silent song in his head as his fingers would make a beautiful song that all would be able to hear.

The woman would speak to him, her voice pleasant to his mismatched ears. It made one ear pull back shyly, then the other still pulled towards her. Blue eyes still sat behind those sunglasses he had fixed up to fit his face back in California. She'd mention a 'Phoenix Valley'. Mars knew not of the pack, but then again, he didn't know a lot of things about Nova Scotia. The neighboring packs were no exception, though he did know of a Dahlia De Mai from a Larkness wolf that he had met awhile back, and then there was Crimson Dreamers. Now there was another, this Phoenix Valley. Mars took in her scent carefully then, a deep breath taken in by the male as he stood there in front of the woman, his hands at his side, leather jacket hugging his chest and pants hugging the man's legs. He shifted his stance, blue eyes stuck on the woman before they had moved to look at the sheep that was happily munching on some grass. He stared at that for a moment, a pause, a silence falling between the two before Mars would finally open his maw to speak.

Mars Russo of Cour Des Miracles. What's the sheep for? Ya' don't see too many of the black ones running around you know.. the man spoke to the woman, his head cocking. He briefly thought of the herds that they had back in Fresno, and how every once in awhile mom would beat him into secui form to chase some sheep for herding. (this would only be if his older half siblings weren't around though.) The wolf-dog man tilted his nose to the woman to look in her mismatched eyes with his own shaded blue eyes. He noticed she had two pretty eyes, one yellow, the other blue. Weird combination but pretty none the less. He'd probably never tell her this though. Not unless Bartholomew was around, that damned loud mouth.

Why are you here, Addison? Mars would ask simply, a pathetic attempt to keep the conversation going.

<style type="text/css">
.marssong .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:center; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#000000}
.marssong .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:justify; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#794603}
.marssong b {font-weight:bold; text-shadow: #fff 2px 1px 1px; color:#e55d00; letter-spacing:1px; }
.marssong {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#ffc223; background-image:url(http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/1421/table1top.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 223px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia; font-size:14px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

It seemed that this place was called Cour des Miracles. It was an odd name, in a language that she hadn't heard of before. Addison wondered if the wolves that lived here were foreign or if the name had some sort of a meaning that she simply couldn't guess due to her lack of knowledge on it.

She didn't want their meeting to be awkward, and jumped at the chance for conversation when he continued it. "We have a few back in the Valley. I hope you guys don't mind my stopping by...I've only recently returned to the Valley and I'm trying to get to know the surrounding area. I brought you two presents; some sheep meat and a live one, too" She offered him the package and then the rope.

She didn't want to seem as if she was staring at him, but his pelt was rather eye-catching. Unsure whether she ought to make a comment on it or not, she kept her mouth shut for a few minutes before speaking. "I like your fur colors. Are they uh..natural? I haven't seen anything like your coat before...not meaning to be rude or anything."

[/html]
[html]

OOC: lalala wc:365

So is that what you call a getaway?
Tell me what you got away with, cause I've seen more spine in jellyfish
More guts in 11 year-old kids.

The woman had spoken promptly, almost enough to make the man flinch back, but he didn't instead he just stood there rather calmly. Her words were about how they were gifts for him. Mars was really confused all of a sudden, both of his ears fell flat on his head as the rope and package were given to him. Mars swallowed hard, and he looked at her nervously from behind those glasses before he had sucked it up and stood tall once more. He tried to speak twice without anything coming out before he cleared his throat and tried once more. Uhm.. Thanks... the man finally got the words to come out. He looked at the meat and then the sheep, whom 'baa'ed at him and sniffed at his leg. I'm sorry I have nothing to give to you, Miss Addison...But I'm not bothered by you visiting...So I don't think the pack would mind... the man quietly spoke to the woman, the warm breath turning cold in the air. Then again, Mars was the lowest ranked man in the pack at the moment and he pretty much had no say in anything at the moment. He guessed that he'd just take the punishment if anyone cared about the gift-barer visiting.

She'd been staring at him, when he'd been doing the same to her. He'd been staring at her because she was staring at him though, and soon she had explained why she had been staring. She hadn't seen his fur pattern before. Mars himself had seen things that were similar to his own face back in Fresno, mostly straight dog hybrids, but never really wolves. It was weird that he was one of those hybrids to be weird and have something like the dogs but be a wolf as well. Mars took his finger and flipped his glasses up away from his blue eyes, letting them be shown for the first time in this conversation. Yes. They are natural... I uhm..am part dog. the man responded before he let his sunglasses fall back over his icy blue eyes.

uhm..You aren't from around here either, huh? I'm pretty new myself... he spoke to the woman.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

She was glad that he had accepted the gift and that he said that the pack wouldn't mind her being there. Great! Were they as laid back as the wolves of Phoenix Valley? She hoped so. If they were willing to let her in, then she would be willing to show one of them around as well. "Oh no? Well I'll have to think of some kind of punishment for you for that." She smiled to show that she was joking.

His explanation of his heritage was interesting; she hadn't met many dogs or dog hybrids yet. Addison found this intriguing and wondered what color some of his pups would be if he ever had them. Would some look like regular wolves? "That's really cool. I'm just a wolf...as far as I know." She nodded. "I just came back to the Valley after leaving the lands to see my parents. Where'd you come from?"

[/html]
[html]

OOC: I actually didn't see that your posted here @.@ SSWM wc: 405

And keeping quiet is hard
because you can't keep a secret if it wasn't a secret to start,
at least pretend you didn't want to get caught.

The woman joked with him, telling him that she would have to find a punishment for him for not having a gift for her. She was rather unexpected and it wasn't like Mars always carried things to trade with him wherever he went to. The man lifted a clawed hand to his chocolate hair and he brushed it back, but it just ended up going back in the position it was in before he even touched it. He gave a nervous smile, not sure if the woman really was joking with him or if she was some sadist who thought it was funny that she would have to punish him. He wanted to not be paranoid about it, but in the back of his mind, it nagged him. He swallowed whatever extra drool that was collecting in his mouth before let his eyes drop from the woman and go onto the sheep. His black hand had reached down and pet the sheep on it's head, and it baa'ed at him. Mars then looked at Addison. Does it have a name? Mars asked the woman, wondering if she had named the sheep at some time, or if she had just called it sheep so she wouldn't get emotionally attached to it or something of the sort. He didn't know, people were weird sometimes...All the time, I mean..

Mars listened to the woman and her accented voice as she had spoken to him about how she was a wolf and that she had left the lands to see her parents. Then she asked him a question. Mars was all too used to answering this question by this time, because of the fact that people would always ask since he had a particular look to him, with his leather jacket and all. California, in America. It's southwest from here. the man spoke to her, nodding his head lightly. Mars took a look at the meat that he had in his hand as well, and licked his lips suddenly. He found his stomach on the verge of wanting him to dig into the meat right then in and there, but Mars did have other plans for this meat. He already thought about drying the meat out so he had sheep jerky that he could save for a rainy day or something. Where do your parent live? the man asked, cocking his head lightly to the tiny wolf-woman.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
No worries at all! :] wc: 243

A silence fell between them for a moment, but Addison didn't mind that. She rather liked uncomfortable silences. The girl was usually good at making the best of an awkward situation. She wasn't sure if he wanted to walk toward the heart of the territory or toward his house or just around the territory in general or if he would want to stick more toward the border area. Maybe it would be best to just stand there and talk, to give the sheep some time to calm down. It had been raised by wolves, around wolves ever since it had been a lamb, and wasn't easily spooked by much. She'd even shifted in front of it before and it hadn't done much more than bat an ear. "I haven't been calling him anything, really...so you can name him something if you want to."

"I was born in Cali myself." Addi was shocked to hear that she'd found someone else from the same state that she had been born in. She hadn't lived there for long before her mother and father had moved her a little farther north into Canada, but still. It was pretty sweet that Mars was from there as well. "I didn't live there for long, did you?" Technically her parents lived in New Brunswick now, her actual blood-related parents, but she considered Jefferson and Geneva to be her true parents now. "My adopted family is in Phoenix Valley with me"

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.marsred b {font-weight:bold; color:#411b19; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.marsred p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.marsred {width:400px;border:1px solid #5f2b2d;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... arsred.png);background-position:top center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:265px;background-color:#df5f4a;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#5f2b2d;}
</style>

ooc: SSWMWC:466

The woman had told him that the sheep had not really been called anything by her, so eh could name it whatever he wanted to. Only one name immediately came into mind, and he did nor know exactly why it had come to mind so abruptly, so immediately, but he just knew that he was going to make it this name. The name Axel came to mind and he was juggling around the name in his mind for a moment or so before he had finally decided to tell the woman. Axel. he simply stated and then looked down at the sheep. The sheep batted an ear and stood there really, not even acknowledging that the man was talking about him, the nameless sheep becoming now known as Axel, least by Mars he was known as this now. Maybe if Addison cared, she'd call him the name too.

The woman told him that she was born in California as well. It made him wonder if he was some distant relative on his mother's side before he remembered that his mother was a pure husky, no wolf in her, and the only one who was wolf was his father, who was from Russia. He figured that she was not going to be related to him at all, so he quickly dismissed the thought of her being related. Mars was glad to know that she had come from the same state as he. She told him that she didn't live there too long, and then she asked if he had been there for a long time or what. I lived in California before I decided to travel here and find my father... the man spoke, speaking the reason why he was here in the first place. It was all Rurik's fault and in the end, the stupid, drunkened bastard left one night and left nothing but a little note telling Mars that he was going back to Russia and that Mars was welcome to follow if he felt the need. There was always the fact that Mars hated large bodies of water, so he couldn't really float in a boat on the sea for a few months. Nope, that certainly was not going to fly with this wolfdog.

The wolfess woman had told him that her adopted family was from PV. This was not what Mars was asking, so his ear fell back lightly and he cocked his head to the right. I meant.. he started to speak, pausing as if he was to try and find the right words to speak to her. You left to see your parents, yeah? That means that they don't live in the Valley...Where do your real parents live, since I assume that's the ones you went to visit? Mars asked, curiously.

[/html]
[html]
End with your next post? :] wc: 155

She was interested in meeting new people and going new places, so this had been a nice outing for her. Addison had done what she had hoped to do when she had set out from the Valley, which was to meet a new wolf from a new pack and give them the gift. She hoped that Mars might choose to come to visit her and that he might bring her something in return, but didn’t expect it. "It’s been nice talking to you, Mars.” She said.

Addison looked behind herself, back toward the area that she had come from, and cleared her throat. "They’re closer, in New Brunswick, now.” She didn’t normally tell wolves about her family, especially ones she didn’t know too well, but what did it really matter? "But I guess I’ve done what I came here to do—to give you that. You should come by the Valley and visit sometime, Mars”

[/html]