Manly sewing
[html]

+3 Big Grin

The day started out quiet, he woke, though he dind’t want to leave his mate’s side as she was nice and warm all the covers they had, but he wanted to get some work done. He wanted to get a little exercise for the birds in and then work on another pair of gloves as he’d actually traded his other pair to the aniwayan wh ho had visited, and he had quite a bit of stuff to choose from now as he’d been trading his own works in leather for even more leather. It was fine to him. He had more to do. And it was not just his leather, it was now the packs as it seemed to be a pack trade, so he wasn’t hiding it for himself, he just never really talked to anyone else that could work with leather anymore, Anann was scarce, he rarely saw her and the only other one he’d known worked with it was Strel, and he’d met him on one awkward occasion.

Marahute came with him as usual but she left to go hunt for herself, and Niro went into the stables leaving the door slightly open for his bird to find him again. It was time to be alone with Tobias, who was getting more and more use to Niro and less cranky around him. Niro took the hawk out of his cage and set him on top of it, he knew the bird would want to hunt too so he let the animal decide what he wanted to do. Niro found the bit of leather he stashed, hidden from the elements, he’d oiled them so that they wouldn’t crack and he was sure to have to do so again. As he pulled a good sized one though it seemed he wouldn’t have to today, which made him a happy wolf. All there was inside the stables was a small table he had to make due with what he had, he found an old, but sturdy crate or box, he wasn’t sure what it was but right now it was his chair and started working out the leather, to the shape he wanted it. Anann had shown him how to make gloves and now that he had made a few pair it seemed like second nature to him, so his hands moved deftly over the leather.

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro b {font-weight:bold; color:#AD7E00; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]
300+
gonna try to average 300 words or less, so don't fear short poooosts

What was he doing at the stables? He had no idea either. He just stood, leaning against the fence with his tail tucked close, even though he was wearing long jeans, a light jacket, and arm warmers. His hair was starting to get unruly, but he had not yet bothered to trim them himself; the most maintenance he had really done on his mane was to keep dying his roots with his slowly diminishing henna stash. But there was enough to last the man the winter and part of spring, when he could be bothered to either find more powdered henna or search for very, very unlikely survivors of the seed variety to plant in pots in his room. For now, he could deal with it. So why was he not at home, curled up in comfort, but out in the cold near the stables? Again, who knew? Strel sure as hell didn't.

He saw a flicker of movement and he lazily turned his lavender eyes in that direction, wondering who it was. From what he saw, it was a paler wolf, but Strel could not figure out who it was exactly; his memory was kind of fuzzy. Curiosity got the best of him and he walked around the fence, leaving paw prints in the snow behind him. In a couple of days, they would disappear under a layer of snow, most likely.

Inside of the stable, a place he rarely went into, he saw Niro. The two of then had briefly met after Rikka had left and gave Strel a note he couldn't read. At least they knew who the other was and could call them by name. And Niro actually outranked Strel, even though the redhead had been in the pack for longer. But what could he do? He did not deserve it much. Oh well. "What are you doin' at the stables instead of somewhere warm with someone warmer?" he asked, slightly crude in what he was implying. But he cared about as much for that as for a cockroach in an abandoned building.

<style type="text/css">
.sanctuary b {font-weight:bold; color:#b1f4ff; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.sanctuaryooc {font-style:italic; padding: 10px 31px 5px 31px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#4f7eba;}
.sanctuary p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 31px 5px 31px; margin:0px;}
.sanctuary {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#001650; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... uary-2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 0px 0px 68px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#a1c5f1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC: Not a problem here!!

Niro was cutting the shape of the glove when he felt a presense, though he ignored it until he heard the wolf talk, Niro looked up and upon seeing the red wolf he nearly balked, mostly because he had just been thinking of the red man, but he hid his extreme surprise with a small smile.

Well my warmth won’t be in bed much longer, and I have errands.

He said, looking over at the redtail that sat on top of his cage preening himself. Tobias didn’t seem to notice that the other male was there, or if he did he was trying his best to ignore the man. Niro turned his attention back to Strel, with a smile,

I’m working on some new gloves, just in case something happens with my old ones, I’d just traded my extra pair for some more leather.

Then he thought… well he knew this wasn’t just his leather, and knew the other man was a tailor, and Anann had told him that Strel worked well with leather as well.

I traded it for some more leather for the pack, there’s quite a bit, so you can help yourself to it.

He said, as he moved over to where the leather was hidden from the elements and lifted the canvas he had over it, to show Strel where it all was.

"speech"

[/html]
[html]
<3

Strel furrowed his brows. Puh-lease, if his lady wanted to keep him in bed, that would have worked just fine. No doubt they both would have compromised to spend a lovely day tucked in each other's arms. Strel certainly would not have minded having someone to be tucked into, literally. But that train of thought just made his head hurt a little bit as he thought about the person who had been causing him his most recent torment. Maybe it was better that he had no one to cling to in the cold; there was no heartache there. Oh well. Lucky, lucky Niro to even have someone to think about like that. "Shame, I hear they make days go by faster and warmer."

Perking up at the craft talk, the redhead approached the table to look over Niro's shoulder. "Oh?" he asked, peering at the gloves in progress. "Well, that's really cool," he said, impressed. Leather was not the redhead's forte; he was a tailor, for god's sake. Niro showed him the stash of unfinished leather and the redhead shook his head. "I would gladly take some, but I don't really work with leather. I mean, I would if I had more to practice with but I can't tan and cure hide. Plus I don't have the stuff I need for leather working." Again he shook his head, and sighed. "You can read, catch birds, and train them. Who taught you to do this, too?"

<style type="text/css">
.sanctuaryooc {font-style:italic; padding: 10px 31px 5px 31px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#4f7eba;}
.sanctuary {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#001650; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... uary-2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 0px 0px 68px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#a1c5f1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC: HAhaha, I’ve been misinformed, I thought strel worked with leather too :O I go bag on Katie D now RAWR!!

It really was a shame, Niro thought, knowing that she would be there for a little while, but she always went to train with her uncle, every day, it made him wish that he was her uncle giving her the training, but then, he wouldn’t be her mate, and wouldn’t share the things they had together… so it was probably good he wasn’t in her uncle’s shoes, but she’d been rather disturbed as of late, so his late morning lay ins didn’t always stay late, but instead of arguing this statement to the red male he merely smiled and nodded. At his announcement that leather was not his thing Niro frowned, maybe Anann had been thinking wrong when she’d told him that Strel worked with leather.

Oh I must have mistaken, I had been told you worked well with leather, I’m sorry, but if you do wish for any of this, I can do the parts you cant… though, if you have no use for them, that’s alright.

Niro of course to forget to mention he had all they needed to get it all worked and such, but his mind went to what the man was saying. Niro was in fact a jack of all trades, he would fail to mention he was a pretty good handy man as well.

Anann actually taught me to work with the leather, though I learned on my own from books to cure and tan them myself, it took a while, though with practice… I was able to get it… the birds… well they were a bit harder… I had to learn from a single book,

He said, and now he was thankful for his sister teaching him how to read fluently, or else he wouldn’t have the ambition to do what he did. He answered Strel with both the bird and the leather as he was not quite sure which one the man was asking about, Niro covered the leather back up and sat back at his little table, though he wasn’t trying to ignore Strel, he also wanted to get back to work. He knew he could pay attention to both his project and the man that visited the stables.

"speech"

[/html]
[html]
300+
sorry for delay

Well, the leather was tempting. He could use it to accessorize or decorate his outfits in some new strange eclectic way. That and having a bunch of it to play with was not really something he could look his nose down on. He took a hand and ran it over the top of the pile, feeling the leather beneath his pads. It was good stuff, not that Strel knew any better. It really would be nice to take some to try out. But it was supposed to be useful and used properly, not for his butchering experiments.

So that was the secret behind knowing so much. Books and reading. And that was something Strel could not do to save his life. He knew his name at best and that had always been more than enough for him. Still, reading had been useful so far even if the redhead had no grasp on how to do it himself. Oh, it was far too late for him to learn; he was getting older and every knew, the older you were, the harder things got. Quite frankly, Strel had enough hard things in his life right now; he so did not need more. And what good would reading do for him in his line of work? Just put a name to the stitches, designs, and patterns he already did and had given his own names for them? Pointless. Really, pointless.

"Wow. That is impressive. I wonder, if you would give me some of this leather? I wouldn't say no to try it out on my own terms with my own needles." However, he knew he'd need to either find a way to loosen the leather and make it much softer, or find thicker, harder needles in Halifax to utilize. But that would require a trek to the city. "Speaking of needles, do you need anything in the city? I might go out there later and figure if you need something I could get you it." Killing two birds with one stone; being nice to other courtiers and finding more reason to get out in the cold.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
WC: 334 OOC: blah Niro’s a dork, and I thought Tobias can give Strel the eye hahaha…. j/k Poor birdy just doesn’t feel he’s in sync with Niro Tongue he’s too nice XD

Strel was quiet for a while, though Niro could tell that he was thinking pretty hard. Niro knew that much, he was always lost in his own thoughts, and he decided to let the older male work out his thoughts, getting a moment to get a few stitches done before Strel spoke again.

Well I’m not trying to toot my own horn, if it wasn’t for Orin, then I wouldn’t have any skills except for hunting.

He said, figuring that was what his position would be in if his sister had not urged him to learn to read with her, a feat that was hard enough without anyone to teach them after a while, their parents had started to, but they were only there six months of their lives. They learned on their own afterward.

And I don’t mind if you take any, Experiment all you want, I have the whole ones only at the moment, though there are scraps laying around somewhere.

He said, his head low on the table as he concentrated on getting the leather cut with the knife he’d acquired some time ago, though it was dulling now. Strel then asked him if he wanted anything from Halifax.

Halifax? I’m not sure… well I could use something to sharpen my knife, but I don’t know if I felt comfortable making someone go on my behalf.

He’d just survived a run in with one of the residents of Halifax not too long ago, and though he wasn’t ready to go there any time soon, he wasn’t going to put Strel at risk either. He looked up just as Tobias made a noise and flew over to where Strel stood. Niro gave the bird a strange look… he still had a hard time getting the bird to trust him let alone anyone else, but it seemed the bird was interested in Strel, maybe it was that they seemed to have a close personality, though he knew Strel very little at this point.

"speech"

[/html]
[html]
LMAO is he a dirty whore like Strel? xD

Ah so his sister had taught him. Where had that girl run off to, now that he wondered about it. Where had the women suddenly started to go to? A couple of female presences he had noticed were gone. Liliya had gone, he knew that, but she had come to ask him for clothing now and then, but none of these women had left too big a hole in Strelein's life, aside from Rikka, but it was all okay now. He was fine and he was living on. After all, they all had a limited engagement with the planet, might as well enjoy the brief love affair with life they had, right?

The redhead nodded, pulling out a whole piece of leather. "I think I'll only take a single piece like this, just because you'd probably make more stuff out of it than I right now. Is there anything specific I'd need to work it properly? Knives? Thick needles?" he asked, wondering how he was supposed to tie more than one piece together. Thick cowhide thread? Lots of thin, thin threads? But that would surely break easily.. Gosh, this sounded hard, but a fun prospective experiment. He would have to find one of those places - a hobby shop - and see if they had anything. Maybe.

But he furrowed his brows then the other man almost dismissed the notion. "Huh?" he began, wondering what the hell Niro was talking about. "Why not? I'm not going to pick the wrong kind of knife if you just tell me what to look for," he finished, seriously confused. There was nothing dangerous about Halifax other than the decaying buildings; some were not entirely stable. Well, that and there was glass everywhere underfoot in shops, but that was easy to avoid. "I swear I'll find something you need if you just lemme know what it is."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
WC:342 OOC: XD oh fun lol.

The man before him had to make Niro think, the young man just smiled and shook his head.

Thick needles are nice at some point, but the sharp ones are better. Though with leather working it’s best to have the holes already carved out, I don’t have many of the tools to use for leatherworking, but I say to sew with, a nice harness needle, and for threads, well even leather can be used to tie itself, but if you are unsure of that, most any thread works to sew, though you do have to strengthen it before you really use the thread itself on the leather.

He said, he had been experimenting with that himself, though to a degree of failure and continued to use scrap pieces. The male persisted on helping Niro, and he couldn’t help feeling greatful to the man. He just never had anyone run errands to him before.

Well, nothing really bad I suppose, I only trespassed on some dirty loner’s lawn, but it isn’t that really, I’m not use to such requests.

He sighed, he stood up, he flipped the knife so that the handle was pointed to Strel. It’s the knife he’d used for so long now.

Nothing too special, just something like that, or even something to sharpen the knife with.

He said. That was when Tobias started making a fuss. He’d been entirely ignored by the red man, and his master was… well himself, so he started flapping his wings, making a high pitched screetching noise that no one could ignore. Niro groaned and reached in his belt pouch to take out a small leather thing that he stuck on the birds head. the quiet didn’t start for a few moments but soon it was so silent it seemed Niro had poisoned is own bird.

He is an attention whore my apologies.

He said, he rarely had to hood the bird, and he could feel Tobias listening to Niro, his head turned to him, tilted a little, though the leather covoring stayed on.

"speech"

[/html]
[html]
LMAO is he a dirty whore like Strel? xD

Strel nodded as he listened to the list that the Majordomo gave him, already forming his own modified version of the list given. He rattled them off after Niro finished tell him all he needed. "Sounds manageable," he said simply, stilling his head. The redhead would go to Halifax and look for those thicker needles, since they would, no doubt, be sharp if they were metal and new. That was a terribly easy thing to find in any of the hobby stores he had seen decaying in the city. But holes already cut into the leather? He would probably need a way to cut into the leather without ripping it, maybe with a sharp ended.. something and a small hammer to push it through. Maybe he could find some kind of tools to do it, perhaps those things humans had used to build things with? he could even use them as patterns or as a way to make holes for the packets of fake gemstones he had found in a bunch of places. Gosh those humans were ingenious. And then there was the issue of the thread. He would need to either find thick, but still soft, twine. Wasting leather to make straps did not really sound appealing to the redhead, but it might make the pieces look more attractive and natural. Ugh, this was a tricky dilemma. Strel would never be a leather worker, but he could sure as hell use it to gussy up his cloth.

Raising an eyebrow, the redhead snickered audibly. "You trespassed on some loner's.. lawn?" he asked, wondering what the deal with that was. "What, did he look at you funny and threaten to throw bricks at you?" he added, joking, knowing fully well that what he was saying could be taken as insulting. Strel was not calling Niro a coward, but he was finding it so amusing that the man did not want him to look for things for him in Halifax just because of that. Please, the best folk Strel had met had been loners. Like the Russo family, or Daisuke. They were nice people and loners, though only the Russo had lived in Halifax (okay, it was only Anatoliy in Cours now, but that was beside the point). "I'll just tread in the streets then and avoid the buildings. Where was this dirty loner?" His entire tone was amused, because to him, it really was.

The knife was handed to him and he took it in his hand, carefully minding the bladed end. It was dull, he could see that. Flicking his thumb against the "sharp" edge, he furrowed his brows at it, feeling it dig into his flesh but not give a true cut, just a scratch. It seemed a waste to just get a whole new knife in a world full of utility. "I'll see what I can do. I'll try to find some books on knives if I can, to help out if I can't fine the knives or sharpening thing."

Just as he was about to offer the knife back Niro, the bird that he had been watching started screeching, demanding attention, and getting it fully from them both. Strel took a step back and put up his arm just in case. That seemed highly uncalled for. He had done nothing. Niro got a leather hood on the bird and it stilled soon after, though it was clearly listening, very well. "Oh god..," he muttered, relaxing and putting the dulled knife on the table before Niro. "Nah, it's alright. I'm very much the same. Though, I am by no means that loud and obnoxious about my attention getting," he said smugly, giving a fake sniff. "But this attention whore aside, have any other birds?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
WC: 647 OOC: Woo a birdie might like Strel Tongue two attention whores just soaking it in hahaha… yeah smooth Wink

Niro smiled at his comment and it seemed the man was working in his own head, Niro couldn’t blame him, even if he was only a tailor, he loved his work, it was like when Niro was training or even hunting, he was usually pretty focused on that, so he was quiet for Strel to start talking again. Of course when he did speak, Niro couldn’t help but laugh, a shaky one, remembering the horribly mangy wolf’s face... and not just that but the matted body. Niro had to wash five times before he felt clean enough to walk around after that…

Well he made no threats, though I do wish he did. He was quite mad… more in the head than due to anger, but he was well, He pretty much tried to eat us I think.

It was hard to explain the situation. He’d been trying to find Marahute and had been accompanied by a young woman, but upon going too much deeper, the bird came back, but with it, came that man… the hermit who lived in a factory, and Niro had to admit he was scared the man had rabies, not a happy thought to the wolf if he was even scratched but the mangy thing.

In some building, I guess it is a factory of some sort? I’d met someone there, and Marahute had to explore so we had to go in to find her… well I did. She didn’t.

He said, he was no coward, though he felt like one remembering that he had run and run hard from the beast that wanted to kill them both. Niro had fought for his life, many times and had defended his sisters live even more. So he knew he was no coward, but the thought of something with a desease that was so commonly known, Niro didn’t want to take his own chances. However Niro couldn’t help but smile at the man.

Thank you, I don’t really want to part with this one, I’ve had it for some time now.

He said, it had been one of the few things that he did not part with for trade on the boat here from Florida. Tobias did seem to give the man a fright, something Niro was quite certain the bird was trying to do and it made him feel bad, he knew that Tobias could be nice when he got the attention, but if ignored the bird would not shut up unless he was covered.

Yeah he can be a loud little thing. And as a matter of fact I do, I have a golden eagle as well, her name is Marahute. She’s the one that got us in trouble over in Halifax.

He said, looking around for her, normally it seemed she would appear as they were talking about her, but it seemed that she was not so magically inclined to do such a thing.

It seems she’s still out hunting though.

He said, looking back at tobias and taking the hood off the bird, ready to put it back on if he decided to call for attention again, but he only shook his head, and stared at Strel as though the man were something out of a fairy tale. The big eyes of the redtail could be daunting to some, but Niro had always loved them.

Not many are really aquainted with him, especially since my injury, poor guy, but he does love what attention he can get.

Niro said, and scratched lightly under the birds chin with his claw, and it seemed all of the male’s guards were let down, and he closed his eyes enjoying the scratch, it was the only place Niro was able to touch and the bird would enjoy, he was not like Marahute where he could preen every feather for her if he wanted to.

"speech"

[/html]
[html]
hehe

Strel gave a sudden, unseemly laugh at the end of the Majordomo's words, but he instantly put his hand up to cover his mouth. "Oh I'm sorry. That just kind of seemed silly, at the end," he added apologetically, looking slightly guilty. "But, I mean, you wouldn't really expect someone to want to eat someone else." It was true, cannibalism was a little bit beyond the morals of the sane society. It had not been acceptable in Port Sanilac and it was probably definitely not something that Vigilante would be alright with allowing in his kingdom. Strel himself was not a very big fan of cannibalism. It was just such a strange concept for him that he had no idea why anyone would want to partake. It was laughable. It could not even be taken as gourmet cuisine! "I mean, I don't think any sane wolf would want to eat another. That's disgusting."

Curious, the redhead raised an eyebrow at Niro. "Someone?" he inquired, knowing well enough that Niro was mated to Amaranth, and that was Ayita's baby girl, with Leroy of all people. He hoped that the man was not getting into anymore trouble. "Would Amaranth be worried?" he asked, hinting gently at it, wondering if Niro would catch the hint or if it was lost on him. Strel was not big on cheating, but then again, he never had a relationship as involved as it could have been. There never had been a relationship that could have been marred by such a thing, but regardless. Emotions were something to follow and at some point, faithfulness. Okay, well, Strel was probably the last person to feel this way, considering how many times he had opened his legs in the past. But those were flings, not loving partnerships.

Strel nodded, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. The Majordomo certainly seemed to fill his role, and it was interesting how he could have his own birds when once they would fear for the lives of pups, if what his mother told him was the truth. All pups were threatened by big scary birds picking them up if they did not behave as children. It was a good joke to play on the young ones, but that was a big lie now. They were more concerned for themselves than hunting big luperci pups. That and there was plenty of much, much easier prey. No, the big worry was more other carnivores that were not luperci blessed (or cursed, whichever), like cats and other not canine thing with sharp pointy teeth and a hunger for easy blood.

The bird staring at him only reminded him further of his fears of his childhood. It was such a.. daunting case, as though it were piercing into his soul and wondering if he were worthy. "You, sir, are a very varied person. Ever consider breeding 'em? I hear you can, and from what I see, you probably could," he chuckled lightheartedly, wondering where Niro's talents capped out. Surely not for very long. "I sympathize with him. Attention is nice. I like attention." Hell, Strel thrived on attention. It was what he did. He made clothes and he dyed his own mane. He was an attention whore. It was his lifeblood and it made him shine, because that was what he did. He liked limelight. He was Strel and he was obnoxious and boy did he love it.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 565 OOC: lol strel is awesome XD

Niro couldn’t help but be put off by the laughter, but he could tell that Stel was doing all in his willpower not to do so, it was all Niro relly could ask for from the male. His comment cooled him down a little…

I think if you are alone long enough, and hungry enough… anything is possible, but I do not think he was sane at all. You are right though I never really though… well I’ve had experiences like that, so I knew what to do, it’s just not a comforting situation.

He said, and he had in fact been in a mob of wolves that practiced such a thing, it was common down south where chaos reigned, especially in the big cities, where Niro had to find one thing or another for him and Orin to survive, but that was before coming here and just seeing something from his past pop up… was rather frightening. The thought disappeared entirely when Strel hinted on something, and Niro couldn’t help raise his eyebrows… did EVERYONE know about all that? He had to bite his lip, he wasn’t sure if the red man knew about his daughters and Lolita, though they would all surely know about Liliya by now… but he told so few… yet… he had never made it a secret that he’d liked her either.

No… no Amaranth would not be worried, I’m bound to her. I met this woman who seemed rather frightened and wished to help her is all. Nothing came of it, on whatever honor I can hold these days.

Which in his thoughts wasn’t so much anymore. He could see Strel eyeing Tobias, maybe it was a good thing Marahute was out hunting. She was twice this hawk’s size, and would probably do a good pup pick up if he had not trained her. Eagles were demanding and when they felt they had competition they normally did what they could to rid of it, and that always meant pups, but Niro had been worried about that from the beginning… that was until Marahute met Kam, and she seemed to treat him as though he was an eagle himself, so it had given Niro a warm happy thought that she knew she belonged in the pack, and needed to be respectful of all the pack members.

Breeding is a hard process, and a bit harder than it seems, I read that a bird in captivity, at least a raptor, it’s very hard to breed them, but it’s possible, if I could get another redtail that was a female then I could yes, but I won’t breed him and Marahute, they don’t even like each other.

He chuckled, in fact he doubted a hawk and an eagle would produce so much as an egg, but Strel had a right mind in the whole thing. Niro had been thinking of ways to breed the birds though, he would rather not cross breed if he had anything to say about it.

Yeah he doesn’t get as much attention as Marahute does.

He said putting a timid hand to Tobias, it was one of those things where either the bird would let him be touched or not, and Niro never knew when that was lately. It seemed that Tobias was in a trance as he stared at Strel to even notice Niro’s comforting hand.

<style>
.niro-b02 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.niro-b02 b {color:#FEA300;}
.niro-b02 {background-color:#030400; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010apr/niro2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 325px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7B8641; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.niro-b02-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.niro-b02-separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #F6BF2E; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
Table by Sie
[/html]

[html]
[html]
500+
lol he has his moments, just like Niro xD

The redheaded man rolled his shoulders in a wolf shrug, knowing little about the cannibal lifestyle and eating habits. But he was mostly sure that there had been enough game in Halifax to tide over even a lunatic in the winter. In all likeliness there were rabbits still in the parks and on the outskirts of the city that did not sleep in this time of year. So it was fairly hard to understand a loony that wanted to eat another canine in attempts to quell a hunger. But the redhead figured that it was equally hard to understand because the other guy had been, in fact, a loony. "So long as you got out okay then," he said amicably, still rather cheerful about it all. It really was a comical thing to think about, even if it was traumatizing at the time. Strel knew he would laugh about it later if it had happened to him, among a lot of bitter name calling of the insane loner.

As it was, he had no idea about the other man's intimate moments with other women, just as he would have been sure few knew the full extent of who he had been with and how that had all had gone down. He did not share things like that lightly, but it happened often enough that he no longer cared terribly. Sure, as he ranked up through the past two years, it had been a little more of a concern for him, so he kept his mouth shut more often. Though, enough people knew about him and his liaisons that he just let them think about what was appropriate to share and what they ought to keep to themselves to keep from harming him. He trusted the ones who knew it all, and few others knew, so he breathed easily most of the time. At least in regards to that. As such, the redhead did not judge others on how promiscuous they were, considering his own track record.

Strelein chuckled a bit, thinking of the comparison to wolves and then the birds. "We have it easier, don't we?" he said, unaware of just how easy it really was, considering he was, unknowingly, a father himself. "We seem to be able to pop out kiddlings at a record pace. Maybe we'll become as populous as the humans before us," he joked, thinking it would be a marvel to see the Luperci pick up the pieces of the shattered homo sapian race. They were the minority now, for sure. There was no future for the humans anymore. They killed themselves off into obscurity and the canines were going to shine again with their parting gifts. "I mean, look at how many were born this year alone. It's pretty impressive," he nodded, rubbing his chin a tad.

The bird kept on watching him, and it was still rather unnerving, but it seemed to help Niro actually touch his own bird. "Why? Marahute like attention more than him or does he have a thing about touching?" he inquired, eying the bird with lavender hued eyes. Sure was a pretty bird, but they could do damage, and that seemed to make affectionate actions hard, especially if they didn't like it. "You should get pigeons. I heard they can make good messengers. Or someone told me, I don't remember." It was just something someone in Toronto had said, but the redhead doubted it was possible, considering how stupid a pigeon was. And he had not seen it done. Who knew?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:??? OOC: Big Grin Added to the ending...

Niro chuckled as Strel mentioned popping pups out quickly. He thought of his own girls, and how they had been convieved… the night he had lost his virginity. He nodded as he mentioned the pups that had been born just this year.

Yes and I have contributed to that lot there I suppose.

Thinking proudly of his own three little pups who, though they didn’t live with him he still loved them very dearly. He hadn’t thought that strel knew nor cared but he had to say it. He wasn’t hiding his family from anyone and would never do so. Upon mentioning Marahute Niro shook his head.

Mmmm… Not really that…

And as a great entrance he heard the greeting of the bird as she flew in. Marahute flew in the open door. The bird was quite massive, a golden brown colored female, twice the size of Tobias, who now hopped back, defensively. Marahute dropped something by Niro and landed on his shoulder. He looked down to see a nice, fully intact rabbit. Well almost fully. Marahute wasn’t the cleanest of hunters. The bird on Niro’s shoulder gave Strel a look, one thait stated she didn’t like him right now and he’d better not try anything stupid.

She’s more likely to be noticed than him.

Niro finished as the bird settled on his shoulder. He said, then cocked his head when Strel mentioned pigeons. He was more of a raptor trainer, though the man had a good idea.

Yes i've been thinking about messenger birds, though i was thinking more along the lines of kites or other hawks, but i suppose pigeons are good enough as well. I just never cared much for seed eating creatures.

Niro shrugged. He would think about using the fat lump of a bird, but he knew that the hawks had more wit than the pigeons, which meant it made things harder to teach them because they were smart enough to want to act on their own and not by just what they were taught.

<style>
.niro-q31 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.niro-q31 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.niro-q31 b {color:#1F1C1A; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.niro-q31 {background-color:#DBD4D0; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/niro.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#58514D; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 250px 0px; }
.niro-q31-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]