The Devil's water ain't so sweet
[html]
300+
let the drunkenness begiiiiiiiin.

So that was it, Noss had found his sister and Strel could only assume that the other man was going to leave with her to wherever it was they were from. And that was why the redhead was so carelessly laying on the couch in one of the living rooms, arms thrown over the side of it as he stared at an unopened bottle of rum on the table. He seriously doubted Noss was going to come back to visit him, especially after his thrill of finding his sister and all that happened then. Why would he come back to the redhead? He was of no importance. It almost felt like Rurik this time, but they had both agreed that nothing could be between them since it had not felt right. But this tribesman had stayed with him for over a month. Why would he stay longer?

The bottle was so enticing, filled to the top and still sealed. It was sweet stuff, all thanks to Rurik; this was what remained of the redhead's stash since that Russian left. Rurik left to be with his woman and Strel could not help but forgive him. But it was all on his own head for giving out himself like some twisted party favor. Because the two had been incompatible and Strelein had been under the delusion that they should be together, like some love struck yearling girl. How despicable. How disgusting.

Huffing, the man reached for the bottle, taking it in one hand as he unscrewed the top. The scent of alcohol wafted out, strong and pure. He inhaled it, savoring the smell before shifty lavender eyes scanned the room. It seemed such a waste to drink alone; he was not a solitary drinker. He was a party, friend, drinker. Alone it just seemed so shady, as though he had gone to seed. This would not do. There had to be someone in the goddamn hotel. "If anyone wants to enjoy my company they better do it now while I'm not totally out of my mind!" he cried out, rolling his eyes at his own ridiculousness.

<style type="text/css">
.sanctuary b {font-weight:bold; color:#b1f4ff; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.sanctuaryooc {font-style:italic; padding: 10px 31px 5px 31px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#4f7eba;}
.sanctuary p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 31px 5px 31px; margin:0px;}
.sanctuary {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#001650; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... uary-2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 0px 0px 68px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#a1c5f1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Table ♥ Nuki

OOC: Fail attempts at sewing and making things larger are fail. xD

The hotel was quiet and darkening, only the occasional flicker and dance from the fireplaces in the building proper offered any substantial light. A slender female figure gracefully padded through the overall shade of the place, occupying one of the rooms with a crackling flame dancing 'round at the mouth of it, the centerpiece of the tattered old space. She sat in a run down old relaxing chair, full of scratch marks and torn stuffing, attempting to add length to her old child's dress, once her favorite ornament in the style of a bandanna, now replaced by a faded checkered scarf. She knew very little about sewing, and though the young lady had located some yellow fabric in a nook of the dilapidated hotel, it wasn't a matching color for the gradiented piece... but at least she could try, right?

At the moment she was measuring out how much fabric she wanted to have draped over her lap as she sat, holding her breath with the old thing on her. Honestly, she was skinny at this age, but not that skinny. Finally reaching the point of no return, Sylvie took a sharp pocket knife she had found sitting in the kitchen one evening and cut the seams up to her chest, allowing aching lungs a chance to breathe. She would have to figure out how to resew the seam with new fabric too. As she went to remove the rest of the dress in favor of rescuing her ribs, a loud voice erupted from a nearby room.

Sylvie jumped in surprise as the sound rang out through the once silent hotel, echoing off of the usually noise-absorbent walls. Her torn dress ripped still farther up the one side, causing the lilac and white woman to narrow her eyes in distaste. Reverberations continued to sound off in her ears as the lilac and white beauty shook her head. What heaven's name was that all about? Curious, but wary, the french accented female padded her way out of the kitchen, taking a moment longer to find the source of the sound than the speaker might've liked. Tattered yellow dress clung tightly to soft curves, very obviously far too small for her to be wearing. "Gracious, must you be so loud? I should think you were already out of your mind..." Came soft, lilting words, her lovely french accent sprinkled liberally over her speech. She surveyed his sprawled out position upon the couch, partially intrigued, partially unsure. Honestly, what an unfitting position for a gentleman. But then again, her own appearance wasn't befitting of a young woman either. "Dieu, quel spectacle... Dare I ask what might warrant you going out of your mind?"

Sylvie knew not of what the bottle in his fist represented, who the fellow was, or if he had any idea who she was. Perhaps if he was a friend of Ruri's, he might realize she was the Dauphine's half-sister. A friend of Alaine's, and maybe he would notice she was much like that young female whelp the ivory and creme collie-woman had adopted. If not, well, it was no fur off her tail. Hands settled into fists upon delicately curved hips while a very Alaine-ish face settled upon pretty caramel and creme maw. Strange fellow this one was... but, as she remembered she was still wearing her nearly destroyed little sundress, she decided that his strangeness wouldn't have an affect on their conversation.

<style type="text/css">
.sylviegypsysun b {font-weight:bold; color:#bf5354; letter-spacing:1px; }
.sylviegypsysun .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.sylviegypsysun p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.sylviegypsysun {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#b8c0ed; background-image:url(http://solacerp.net/Orin/Sylvia_Gypsy_BG_a.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #4A3562; border-bottom-style: hidden; padding: 10px 0px 15px 0px; font-family: comic sans ms, sans-serif; font-size:14px; color:#453a55; text-shadow: 0px 1px 1px #7859ca; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]
300+
<3

Just as he was about to toss the cap aside and devote himself to drowning himself in alcohol, he heard a voice complain of the noise. He lowered the bottle from his lips and lazily turned his head toward Sylvie. She seemed familiar; surely he'd met her sometime, when she was younger perhaps? Even her accent seemed dreadfully familiar to the redhead. Was that a Spanish accent? No he hadn't heard those before. Maybe French? It seemed like he had, or was his memory already going? Was he already turning into an old man? Oh, heaven forbid that! He raised an eyebrow at her, her imposing figure in the doorway. She demanded answers out of him and the redhead sighed as his first response. "No, I assure you I'm very sane, or relatively speaking here." With drink he could lose his mind and his self within a few large sips. Strel still did not know what kind of shenanigans he had gotten up to when his judgment was clouded and his memory blocked off.

Strel waved the bottle in her direction, careful to keep all the liquid within the bottle. "Take a seat, I don't bite," he assured, moving his limbs from akimbo to relaxed as he leaned forward, propped up on his elbows. "Do I know you? I feel like I know you from somewhere. I swear we met before. Have we?" She seemed so damn familiar that it was driving the man insane. She must have been living in the Hotel or else why would she be here? But she did not really smell as though she belonged. A loner in the kingdom? Why, that seemed familiar.. Ignoring that nasty train of thought, he nudged the drink in her direction. "Care for some? It's good rum. Best I've ever had, that's for sure."

<style type="text/css">
.sanctuaryooc {font-style:italic; padding: 10px 31px 5px 31px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#4f7eba;}
.sanctuary {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#001650; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... uary-2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 0px 0px 68px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#a1c5f1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.sylvie b {font-weight:bold; color:#efd111; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.sylvie p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.sylvie {width:375px;border:1px solid #524b4b;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... sylvie.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:310px;background-color:#3f312e;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#f7e888;}
</style>

table © Jenny/Kiri

OOC: o: Gaspeth!

For a moment things were silent. In that silence Sylvie found herself taking off her all but destroyed garment and folding it up as she stood there. She would rather be naked in front of the crowd than look like a complete ninny. Strel's words settled into her consciousness atop a large, soft sigh, as if she was simply ruining the party. Raising an eyebrow as she paused in her folding, the partially squared garment pressed against her waist. "That's a relief... I think." Indeed, relatively speaking wasn't completely sane. She eyed the waving bottle as the fellow shook it in her direction, careful not to spill even a small drop of the sloshing stuff. She blinked. What was that he had? She was thirsty...

At his offer for her to take a seat, Sylvie seemed to consider it a moment. Perhaps she could help the fellow stay sane like she had her foster mother? Always thinking of ways to help, Sylvie gracefully settled herself next to the flamboyant man, intrigued by his crazy red hair. Cherry red wasn't exactly natural, after all. As he settled into a rather long explanation of how he felt they knew each other from somewhere, Sylvie cocked her head to one side, a slender eyebrow rising. "Met...? I... don't recall meeting you personally. I did live here for awhile when I was a child though. Alaine Winters is my Foster Mother, and Ruri Aceline is my half-sister. Perhaps you see them in me...?" She shrugged. The three of them were all collies, and shared similar traits according to breed, barring of course, their vastly different coat colors. Ruri, after all, was silvery in her coloring, Alaine was cream and ivory, and Sylvie was a dilute chocolate lilac hue and white.

After a moment of silence, the man proceeded to nudge his bottle at her, offering a drink. What did he call it though? Ruhmm? "Some... what?" She asked curiously, slender fingers grasping the thick-glass bottle before tenatively looking at the liquid inside. It was an earthy sort of shade, and smelled vibrantly heavy, as if someone had compressed tense air into a drink, and added color. After a moment she gingerly tipped back the bottle and had her very first sip of alcohol. Her tongue buzzed, causing her eyes to narrow at the strange bottle of unusual drink. "I'm afraid I've never heard of or tasted this stuff." Ah, poor Sylvie, never to have experienced alcohol of any kind, let alone something as potent as rum. A few more sips and the lightweight young lady would be dancing in a fog.

But of course, Sylvie didn't know this, and neither did Strel. Alaine had never spoken of alcohol as anything besides something she used to handle extra ridiculous patients, as a sort of... sedative. Certainly, it would prove its use there in only a short while if Sylvie decidedly took a long draft from the bottle.

[/html]
[html]
SoSu makes the repetitive start

He listened to her explain her lineage and her relations, and he just nodded along, not really even reacting to the fact that she was related to Ruri but had been mothered by Alaine. How did that work out? Should not the two half sisters have grown up together? What happened to cause Ruri's parents to abandon her, and then pretty much abandon Sylvie, since she had been raised by another in the end. What did that say about their mother, or father if that was whose blood she had racing through her veins. Strel was by no means a traditional kind of guy, playing loose, fast, and carelessly, but he hated seeing children raised away from their parents, and he hated seeing bad parents. His had been decent, for all the crap the pack that protected them caused. A parent's job was to raise a child right in their minds. But Strel was not fond of the things parents did. Like beatings, punishments, cruelty, and anything that really went better with vicious criminals than young pups being raised at the teat. Poor girls. How hard had that been, whatever it had been?

"Ah! Then I do know you, of sorts. Alaine spoke of you often, and kindly too. I did not know you left, nor the other kiddo she had with her. I figured you guys just kind of moved somewhere else, since I never hear you. Is that what happened? Why'd you leave here?" he asked, curious to a fault and tactless as a child. And Ruri, Alaine, and Sylvie were all of the same breed of dog, a race, species, whatever, that Strel marveled at for their variety. So many, and plenty he had never seen or heard of, he bet, based on the ingenuity of the humans. They sure loved to see what happened when things bred. "But yes, you do seem alike, more so to Ruri, but I guess that's because you are related by blood," he added, sticking out his tongue at the redundancy of his words.

Rolling his eyes, he gave a sigh, as though he were teaching a child something basic, and easy to grasp. "Rum. Human drink, it's still good." Of course it was still good, this kind of alcohol always kept well, especially if still vacuum sealed decades later. This happened to be a twenty-five year old bottle. The girl took the bottle and a gingerly taken sip. Strel grimaced at her comment, knowing that it was a bad idea to be the one to give Alaine's once-upon-a-time ward the pretty potent stuff. She would surely beat him with her medicine bag if she saw what he was doing and demand he not be the source of poison. But if Sylvie was out and about in the world on her own, she was old enough to make her own choices, and if she wanted to drink, then by the gods, she could drink if she so wanted. Strel was not one to stop a person from doing what they wanted, unless it was clear they were going to pass out with more swigs. "How'd you like it? Good? Bad? Reserving judgment until you take a real sip of it?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]