Show me where my loyalties lie
[html]
For Shaw, for Shaw xD

So there apparently was a new pack in Nova Scotia. Well, actually, there were two, but Strelein could not give a rats ass about the newest one. Cave dwellers, how archaic. He had heard that a pack for artists had formed and the redhead had instantly perked his ears to it and mentions of it. It was hard to miss; people were leaving Cours des Miracles to head to Cercatori d'Arte. It was not hard to see why; Cours was a court and Cercatori was a studio. Artistic talent was the focus there rather than the make up of a court here. Regardless, Strel cursed at the timing of all this; people were leaving and Strel was sorely tempted, just because there seemed to be less of a court feeling to the pack now. Oh how tempted he was. But he knew that to leave it would be a slap in the face of Vigilante, and he needed to be sure he could live with the choice. He had to go see what this pack was and how it ran. It was high time too, since it had been around long enough to be established properly. He could call it a scouting mission.

He took with him a peace offering of sorts, a welcoming gift; a bolt of fine fabric, shimmery and silky smooth. There had to be some kind of tailor in that pack that could use it to get started. Strel had no help when he started, but who knew, maybe he would be helping someone else. Maybe. Thankfully, Cercatori was not far from Cours, just a hop over the Ethereal Eclipse and then he would be on the borders. He doubted they had many militaristic aspects at all in the pack of artists. But he was not threatening. He was just here to talk. Really. He really hoped that there was nothing more to this pack and that he would not be tempted away from Cours. He had been there for two years that upcoming summer. How could he leave now, even if it had all changed so much in so short a time?

Pausing at the borders, as he had a habit of doing, Strel just kind of waited. He was never good at this. Once he knew people in a pack, he tended to just waltz right in and just look for them, and explain to a passerby that he was visiting so and so and they would vouch for him and his creditability. But here, he knew no one. Well he knew a couple of people, but he had not been close to them and they were the ones who had left Cours des Miracles of their own will. Maybe a howl? Strelein raised his maw a bit and let out a short call, asking for a leader of sorts to come. He did not mention his motives though. Hopefully that would not make things more difficult. He was not in the mood for a fight or anything of the sort; he would probably lose and lose soundly. But these were artists. Artists did not fight. Well. Unless they were artists in their military tact. Oh god, that would be bad. So bad.

<style type="text/css">
.sanctuary b {font-weight:bold; color:#b1f4ff; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.sanctuaryooc {font-style:italic; padding: 10px 31px 5px 31px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#4f7eba;}
.sanctuary p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 31px 5px 31px; margin:0px;}
.sanctuary {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#001650; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... uary-2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 0px 0px 68px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#a1c5f1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 343 OOC: Shaw is in no way gay, but he can still goggle at pretty red!!!

Shawchert was actually enjoying some time at home today, well for a little while at least, he still had his duties to attend to, but he was enjoying a nice lounge in the front of his house… he wished he had a porch, at leas a small low lying one, that would be a good project for the spring, he told himself as he looked at the large building next to him. It was not entirely finished but it was livable, and that’s all that mattered to him, he would have to work on the roof again in the summer, he just hoped that it would hold over the rest of the winter.

That was when he heard the howl. A stranger’s howl. Shawchert stood up, and brushed himself off, he turned to the borders of his pack lands. He started walking, a quick pace, but one that was not too quick. He wasn’t in a hurry and unless there was trouble. The wolf who had howled could wait a little while for him to get there. Though he was quite taken aback when he saw what was waiting for him. He did not know this male, but the sight of the red fur caught Shawchert’s attention, and in many ways he was mesmerized by the male’s coloring. A curiosity started burning inside him, so many questions flooded the man’s mind, at first making it hard for him to speak. But speak he did.

Hello, My name is Shawchert, and you’re at the borders of my pack, Cercatori D’ Arte. How may I help you?

He asked formally, closing in on the distance, but staying within pack range. He was a fair bit taller than the male in front of him, though that was no surprised to Shawchert, he was just so entranced by the man’s markings. Shaw’s original fur color, which was starting to show through the maroon of his dye, was much the same. He doubted they were related in any way though. Shawchert was just entirely intrigued by the male.

<style>
.shaw-a01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.shaw-a01 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.shaw-a01 b {color:#ffc57c; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.shaw-a01 {background-color:#584329; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/odc3b.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 268px 0px; border:1px solid #ffc57c; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#291f13; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
.shaw-a01-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
SoSu shall be mine death yes

Strel felt like he was waiting a good while, but that was because he was holding the bolt of cloth like the idiot he sometimes happened to be. Tapping his fingers almost impatiently on the roll, the noise muffled by the material, he sent his lavender hued eyes roving his surroundings. A log nearby caught his attention. Brushing off the light dusting of snow, he planted himself on it with a sigh and a light thud,. It creaked and groaned beneath his weight, but did not break or crack into shards of decaying bark, merely letting the snow fall in a lump at the base. Strel flattened the bolt across his lap, resting his elbows in the softness of the cloth. Burying his face in his hands, the redhead wondered what the person coming was like. Well, if someone was coming that was. Oh, god, what would he do if no one came? Then what? Oh, lord, the shame of it all.

Soon, later than he thought though, he heard footsteps in the brush and a figure approach. Wary, Strelein stood with the cloth held at his side, kept up with just the strength of his upper arms applying pressure. He looked like a jacked up idiot come a calling with stolen goods too big for him to bother with. Grumbling slightly, he fumbled with the bolt as he set it down on the log, grimacing as he realized that there was still snow on some parts of the log, like the parts where his rear did not sit. His ass was huge, but not that huge. Looking calm, nonchalant, Strel jammed his hands in his pockets as he watched the Cercetori d'Arte member approach. He wondered which of the leadership deigned to deal with someone not interested in joining.

It was a guy, a huge guy. Like the Russos. Was he related? Nah, he had no lilt. But neither did Mars and mars was a Russo, but he did grow up on the west coast of the continent. Maybe Shawchert was a secret Russo bastard child? Nah, no way. They did not seem like the kind of lot to make a pack based around the arts. They were fishermen, sailors, not artists. Okay, well, Mars had, but he had abandoned Cours for Cercatori. The stranger was looking at him oddly and the redhead gave a nervous look; he did not like tall, big looking strangers looking at him funny. It made him uncomfortable and concerned, namely because he did not know why they would look at him like that. Like he was sizing up Strel.

Swallowing a bit harder than he usually did, Strel nodded his head slightly. "Well, not really help. I just kind of heard of your pack from someone, not sure who," he began, moving toward the side to show the full length of the bolt. "I heard it was a pack of artists and I thought I'd bring a bolt from my private stash for whatever budding tailor was in your pack." The redhead was still a little wary of giving away the valuable stuff, considering he had found this stuff himself, still sealed in some kind of plastic wrap to keep the rot and water out. It had not even been dusty. And now he was giving it away like some kind of paper craft or a cheap common toy. "That and to hear what your pack is all about, really."

<style type="text/css">
.sanctuaryooc {font-style:italic; padding: 10px 31px 5px 31px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#4f7eba;}
.sanctuary {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#001650; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... uary-2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 0px 0px 68px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#a1c5f1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 311 OOC: Now we can’t have Strel feeling like that! Tongue

Shaw seemed to notice he was staring at the poor man, he seemed rather uncomfortable about it and his eyes looked away from the male’s reddish pelt. He did turn back when the man mentioned why he was here. He did not mention his name, nor where he was from, but he’d had enough visitors from Cour des Miracles to know the smell well enough. He smiled at the man, at this rate the court would surely have something against him if all their members keep coming here. Though it seemed that this man was here to offer something, a possible trade, Shaw thought, looking at such fine fabric. He looked at the man standing before him and smiled.

You have certainly heard correctly. We are a pack of artists, most any type of art you can think of we sure hope to supply, though with the few members we have right now, it isn’t much.

He said, with a sad smile. Looking again at the gift that the man had offered. Thinking, wondering what he had that would be good enough for a trade for such fine cloth.

I thank you for your gift, though such fine silk, I would think you would be more interested in a trade than anything? I know you’re from Cour des Miracles, I’ve had quite a few visitors from there. I’m afraid, that I myself do not have too many things. I’m a humble wood carver, perhaps, I can make you something though if you are interested?

He spoke in a calm manner, in no hurry to get out what he said, but it was a lot to get out there to the male with no name. He wasn’t watching him as closely, but he did see the man now as a possible trade, he could not take something without giving something in return.

<style type="text/css">
.shawrock .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:9px; color:#fffff0}
.shawrock .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:9px; color:#c16945}
.shawrock b {font-weight:bold; color:#9fae56; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shawrock {margin:0 auto; width:452px; background-color:#12151c; background-image:url(http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9877 ... erttop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 318px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, verdana; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
TRALALALALALALAL

Strel gave a thoughtful look to the leader of the pack of artists and art enthusiasts. "Where were you guys when I came to this place?" he said, jokingly. If they had existed at the time, would he have really gone for the pack of artists or for the kingdom akin to Europe's courts? Nah, with artists, he would have been competing with others for his ranks, for his trade, and that just did not sit well at all with him. As much as Strel liked his profession, he did not enjoy competition for clients and then the whole deal with stealing ideas and inspiration.. eh, it was beyond not worth the risk and hazards. His muse could not handle such pitfalls. In Cours des Miracles, at least, no one else was like him, no one was nearly as obnoxious and artistic as him. Well, okay, maybe some where, but no where in the same category as him.

"But any amount is a good start, I think. Every pack starts with just a few people. So long as you push through winter, right?" he countered, trying to shed some light on a gem in the situation. "Besides, if you guys make it through, you'll have a base and then tons of potential. But anyway..," he tapered off, taking the cloth in arm and protruding it to the leader of the artists. It was good silk, it really was. And Strel was losing out by handing an entire bolt of it. Granted, he took a few lengths of it but it would run out so much faster than if he had the entire bolt of it. Whoever got it had better be so damn grateful for it. If the redhead heard otherwise, he would so ignore trespassing tradition and strangle them with the silk.

Strel shook his hand, and looked down into his arms. "No, it's a gift, not a trade. You probably have no real stores of creative material and I thought, considering I've been established for almost two years, I'd help out whoever in your pack can sew or use it." He knew it was being generous and that was why the look on his face was so smug, but he hoped that the other man did not take it as horrible hubris. "Besides, I can always find more and I have my own delightfully large storage of several bolts, among things." But.. he was still curious. "And if anyone needs help with tailoring, you can send them to me, I'll be happy to help, to a point, of course."

Fingering the edge of the cloth, Strel looked straight at Shawchert, eyes looking curiously at him, at the other man's dyed pelt. It was red, much like his. "So, how is your new pack? How is it? Are you all faring well. I know some of our people came your way here. Are they well?" He hoped they were, and they were happy. Some of them had not really belonged in Cours, and if they were better off here, all the power to them.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

464 +3 OOC:

Shawchert felt that Strel was more flattering than he was himself which had been saying something as Shaw was a pretty good charmer and flatterer himself. He chuckled at the man’s statement, but he could tell that he was not about to come to Cercatori.

I’m afraid we were too late for you I suppose, but all the more to visit yeah?

He said with a nice friendly grin. The mention about pushing through winter gave Shawchert chills, they were slightly nearly halfway through winter, and they were managing so far, but it was becoming a bit more work as their stores were little to none in the meat department. He had some good hunters, but what could he do with those when most of their pray was hidden away?

We have no plans of falling apart any time soon my friend, soon we will have festivities never seen in this area before.

He said proudly, and he was truthful with this, he thought that once situated enough their performances would shake the ‘souls world and change it forever. At his declination for a trade Shawchert felt a slight slap in the face… but it seemed that the bolt being more of a present would make up for it, though he was trying to decipher Strel’s face he seemed a bit self satisfied? Whatever the case Shawchert could only humbly accept.

Then thank you very much, I will make sure this comes to good use. If there is anyone who has such talent I will make sure to send them your way, well within reasoning of course.

He wasn’t just going to send someone out of nowhere to the lands of Cour des Miracles, Shaw may have visited there once but he understood that the pack was still full of wolves who had their own things to do. He wasn’t going to have anyone barge in just for some advice from Strel.

The pack is coming along strongly, in fact, we are mostly settled in it’s nice, if you want, I can show you around? That is if you have the time of course.

He said offering the man a little tour as he finally took the silk, which was so soft to his touch it felt like water to him, now he mentally thought of something to make the man for such a beautiful gift.

As far as I know everyone is fine, I try to make sure I keep up with events, I don’t think anyone has any complaints.

He said with a smile, he knew a few of the court’s ranks had been recruited, in fact he had … inadvertently recruited Orin himself, but he was not complaining about it, though the other red man might have a word or two.

<style type="text/css">
.shawrock .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:9px; color:#fffff0}
.shawrock .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:9px; color:#c16945}
.shawrock b {font-weight:bold; color:#9fae56; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shawrock {margin:0 auto; width:452px; background-color:#12151c; background-image:url(http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9877 ... erttop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 318px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, verdana; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
300+
here, have another thread to reply to, to add to your godawful pile.

Strel shrugged a bit, shoulders rolling, usually prone to not visiting others much, not if he knew no one there. "Depends," he began, trying not to sound like he was about to blackmail this guy. "If I don't know anyone, I tend not to visit. But I guess business relationships can work too. I can always meet your people, since I do vaguely know of two of them." He was not familiar with Mars or very well with Orin, but it was no reason he could not just come to check up on them, as a worried old member of their previous home, even if they had not felt they belonged there.

The redhead laughed a bit, nodding along. What pack ever planned to fall apart? It did not sound like something that anyone would want to put in their schedule. But festivities? That fascinated him a little and he focused on it. "Festival? Is that what you're going to do?" Strel was most definitely intrigued. "What are you planning on doing?" From what he could grasp, it was not going to be a private shindig, but a public party bash for the other packs. That was a little troublesome, considering the tensions among certain packs. And others were probably going to be very tense with others. Or was he just over thinking? But plenty of folks would bare fangs at others who were not welcome near them. If they were indeed putting out public events, then he hoped they were prepared for fights.

"By all means, send them my way. I spend most of my time just working on clothes or boozing, so it would be a nice change." But Strel figured that he should have mentioned his private personal life was a good chunk of that, but public relations did not need to know his life love. He nodded at the leader of the artists' pack, glad the man did not consider him a safety breach or a hazard. That was nice. Because it was far from true. "Sure, I should be glad to know what I'm going to invade," he joked lightheartedly. "And I hear a good leader knows what's going on. Last I checked, Vigilante was just that, vigilant."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

WC: 310 OOC: woo can make it so they continue walking Smile

In Character

Shawchert could understand where the other red male was coming from. He tended to do the same thing, though he wanted to make it a habit of going other places and getting to know the canines in different areas.

Ah yes, let us hope we get to know each other then!

Shaw said with a happy grin on his face. it would be a shame to not see such a generous man come back because he didn’t know anyone here… then they got to talking about the festivals that Shaw had mentioned, oh he could see it now!

Different types of festivals of course, plays of old, music, dancing, those types. We are a pack of entertainers after all. We help distract the wary and brighten the future of the children, that is what I hope for in the future at least.

He said, his minds eye was playing what he thought would happen. It either would or wouldn’t but he wouldn’t find out until spring. Either things would go great, or they wouldn’t. he supposed they could have moderate as well, in any case he hoped things went well enough and they could make it regular enough to let Luperci or even normal canine’s for that matter, forget about their worries only for a little while.

I will surely make sure to then, until then I will keep this safe.

He said, then motioned for the man to follow him. The territory was small, but it had many things that were worth living here, and their first stop would be a place he would take advantage of though he wasn’t entirely sure about Strel. He walked a little ways before stopping to see if the man would follow. He was interested to see what the man thought of the lifestyle of Cercatori… especially as compared to the Miracles pack.

<style>
.shawflute p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.shawflute b {color:#3d2c2c;}
.shawflute-b {width:401px; border:1px solid #99706e; margin:0px auto;}
.shawflute-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#3d2c2c; text-shadow:#3d2c2c 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.shawflute-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.shawflute {background-color:#f6f7e9; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #DDE6CF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#27080d; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:399px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/b05ff72264.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; }
</style>
Table by Shannon B

[/html]