You may not recall calling me
[html]
Takes place right after the drinkingness with Sylvie and Alaine, vagueness abounds.

By the god's, he was piss drunk. It had started out as an evening with the male seeking to drink himself into a stupor and by the late night, he had safely accomplished it. He had spent the majority of the time introducing Sylvie, the young collie that Alaine had reared, to the wonders of rum and alcohol in general. Somehow, the two of them had gotten drunk. Well, Sylvie had and Strel had gotten almost drunk. But he remembered everything from that time. Nothing bad had happened, nothing to be ashamed of. They had just talked and laughed, but, of course, it had not lasted very long at all.

Alaine had shown up, as she was want to, considering she was a resident here as much as the two drinkers were. Maybe even more so. The medic had discovered the two of them and had been rather annoyed at Strelein for teaching her foster-daughter the wonders of alcohol, but she had not complained when he invited her too. Sylvie, though, had been forced to stop and leave. Good, it would have been a bad, bad thing if the kid had gotten sick all over the place and then Alaine found her. God, Strel would never have awoken from the concussion she would have given him then.

But now he was left all alone, where he started on the couch, with his arms thrown over the back of it. He was grinning like the fool that he was, staring at the empty rum bottle, wishing he had the energy to get up and head back to his room, to collapse into bed with another bottle, maybe of vodka. Strel wanted the room to stop spinning every time he turned his head too fast, and he knew that the room would spin even more violently if he even dared to stand up, however slowly he did it. That was when he remembered exactly why he had wanted to drink that night. Somewhere outside an owl hooted, and the redhead heard its cry, smile slipping away. Strel was feeling like such a fool, drinking to a drunken haze that was not even bad enough to help him forget his reasons for the drink.

Rubbing at his eyes, the tailor pulled his legs up close to him and then proceeded to fall on his side onto the couch, embedding his head against the cushioned arm rest. Legs relaxing to the end of the couch, which was small in comparison to his seven feet of height, Strel stared at the wall before him, at the dusty bookshelves and peeling wallpaper. The bottle was still in his line of sight, but it was a blurry glass thing in his vision. So this was why he feared being alone and drunk. The emotions were awful, making him almost curl up. God, he needed to get back to his room to rest there, not here, not where someone could find him. But he was not tired yet. No, he was not tired at all.

<style type="text/css">
.bastard b {font-weight:normal; color:#46789d; letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:12px; }
.bastardooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#3e828d;text-align:center;}
.bastard p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 5px 5px 5px; margin:0px;}
.bastard{margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#00356b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... dtable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 190px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#21637c; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I ish LAAAATTTTEEEE T~T Sowwy o~o

Noss had returned less than an hour ago, but it had taken him as long to find his way back to the Chien Hotel. Needless to say, he was less than satisfied with Ralla's explanation of her running away and staying, but he was no less guilty. He had seen her eyes light up when he had confessed that he was planning on only leaving to return. He had also seen the uncharacteristic anger when she had begun to scold him for giving her an unearthly scare. He hated to admit it, but standing up to him like that had taken her real courage; something he had always filled in for her. Now that she was showing it herself...did she really need him anymore? Did she need him to protect her anymore...? She has that other white wolf now, he thought with a bittersweet pang. He may not have thought much of the looks he gave her, but he had fought the blind wolf, and had been impressed with his skill despite his handicap. More than that, Ralla had interfered. The two had shown devotion in battle, even though Ralla still seemed confused as to why she had acted as she had. She probably just thought she was doing the right thing, he thought with a knowing smirk.

The first thing he smelled when he opened the doors to the hotel was the scent of alcohol; lots of it. Underneath the blanket of booze was an all-too familiar scent that made Noss remember what trouble he was going to be in for. He made his way over to the couch, his heavy footsteps impossible to ignore on the creaking floorboards, and saw Strel lounged out, a few bottles around him and one in his hand. It was obvious what the redhead had been doing, as well as his current state. Noss felt many emotions upon sighting the redhead, but the first was apprehension. How would he approach him? Talk to him? He knew that Strel wasn't pleased with him at all, especially after his show back at AniWaya. Instead, he opted to act as he usually did. Would he probably get a bottle thrown at him along the way? Probably. Some hateful words? Almost assured. But he knew that Strel didn't want to be alone and drunk. Noss had been that way, and it had been embarassing...

"Hey," he said plainly, crouching next to the side of the couch, a foot or so away from where the redhead was laying. For a moment he just looked at the man, reminding himself of the reason why he was going to stay. When he had told Ralla about Strel, she had been shocked, for sure. But that smile that he knew was hers alone had lit up her face, and she had congratulated him, of all things. Right; now I just have to work for it. "I'm gone for a day and you're already diving into the bottles? I'm flattered." Alright, that probably hadn't been the best way to start their conversation...

Warrior walks. "Warrior talks." Warrior thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.Fuego b {font-weight:normal; color:#51aa8a; letter-spacing:1px;text-shadow: #a0dfb8 1px 1px 1px;}
.Fuego-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#a0dfb8; text-align:center;}
.Fuego p {text-indent:15px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Fuego{margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#001926; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... Noss-1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #205047; padding: 5px 0px 320px 0px; font-family: Tahoma, serif; font-size:12px; color:#205047; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Fuego-border1 {width:402px; border:1px solid #001926; margin:0 auto;}
.Fuego-line1 {width:200px; border-bottom:5px dotted #51aa8a; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
is okay! Big Grin

He heard him come in, of course. It was hard to not hear the doors opening and closing in this creaky place. But Strel kept laying there on the couch with the bottles on the table and his look blank as paper. He knew he would get the mother of all headaches in the morning but that was seriously beyond the point. He even almost reached out for the second bottle he had stashed here ages ago and found during the drinking, but had not finished it. His hand faltered over the air and he let it fall to the floor as he buried his muzzle in the crook between couch padding and armrest padding. Because of this he could only hear and smell Noss approach him rather than see him with hazy lavender eyes. He heard the foot falls and ignored him, choosing to shut his eyes tighter than before. Strel wanted to ignore the man who had come back from his sister's tribe, considering he himself had left the confrontation when he had gotten sick of their talk and anger. Of course, he also came home and got plastered. What did that say about him?

Noss spoke and the redhead twitched an ear. Pulling an eye away from the padding and opening it to peer at the other man through half lidded eyes, Strel gave a plainly neutral look. He almost smiled at the joke but then caught himself. Frowning slightly, he gave a weak shove at the crouching man, a feeble attempt to knock the warrior down. As if it would work. "Don't flatter yourself, darling," he said, knowing his voice sounded odd after the effects of alcohol had done their work on it. "I'm simply drinking because you're not man enough to do it yourself," he said a little bit bitterly, knowing that Noss had tried to distance himself before and that it was his own goddamn turn to try the very same thing. Though his was a lot more volatile than the other man's, to be sure. "Can't a guy enjoy a little bit of alcohol in peace now and then?" he slurred, pushing himself onto his elbows, jammed in the gaps, as he looked at Noss with his muzzle balancing on top of linked fingers. "Hell you doing back so soon. I thought you'd be out enjoying your sister's company." He was a little bit bitter, yes, but not as bitter as he could be.

<style type="text/css">
.bastard b {font-weight:normal; color:#46789d; letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:12px; }
.bastardooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#3e828d;text-align:center;}
.bastard{margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#00356b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... dtable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 190px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#21637c; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Da-da-da-derp? :3

He almost had to laugh at the added 'darling'. Him? Darling? The two put together seemed so alien. He chuckled a little when Strel tried to push him--secretly pleased that the redhead would even consider still touching him, let alone speak--while trying his best to keep serious. At the very least, he wanted to be serious enough to be able to help Strel out. ... He was failing. He had never seen the tailor look so...endearingly goofy. It struck a chord in him, and although the object of aiding the redhead remained, there grew a desire to drag it out a little... Oh yes, he could be a tortious, self-serving bastard. "Man enough to what? Drink some stale water?" he shot back, vaguely entertained with Strel's slur. Beneath the banter that they were already falling into, Noss knew there was that bitter note, though. He heard it loud and clear.

He watched as Strel unsteadily righted himself, striking a pose, sitting while looking down on the warrior, as Noss kept steady on crouched knees. "Never knew you to like drinking alone." True, he had only drunk freely with the redhead that one time, but from his impressions, he didn't see Strel as the kind to enjoy drinking himself into a stupor without someone to slur a sarcastic remark to. While it didn't fit Noss's image of the man, if Strel enjoyed drinking to this point...well...what was he supposed to do? Take the bottles and bury them? Interesting idea... Might make Strel throw some furniture at me though, he thought with a snicker. But just as he had been enjoying their greeting-banter, the matter suddenly turned serious. Noss straightened his face and looked up at Strel, seeing those lavender eyes misted over with the influence of the alcohol.

"We talked. Told her my intentions. She told me hers. I'll tell you the full story when you're sober. Long story short...you won't be missing a living punching bag anytime soon." He realized that maybe he should've told the full story to Strel sooner, but...after surprising him like a he did a while ago, he had been apprehensive to just out and tell him 'Hey, I plan on coming back permanantly!'. Yeah...that'd go over well... Especially since I have to leave again soon and come back... Again... Noss could imagine that that would earn him a few bruises from aforementioned thrown furniture... Or, if words could bruise a man... Why do I let him do that again...? Oh, right. I dug my own grave. Standing, Noss offered Strel his hand; not entirely expecting the redhead to take it, but offering anyway. "Come on. I'll take you upstairs." First thing was first; get Strel upstairs to his room...maybe...if Strel agreed to move or forced Noss to just carry him up again.

<style type="text/css">
.Fuego b {font-weight:normal; color:#51aa8a; letter-spacing:1px;text-shadow: #a0dfb8 1px 1px 1px;}
.Fuego-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#a0dfb8; text-align:center;}
.Fuego{margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#001926; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... Noss-1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #205047; padding: 5px 0px 320px 0px; font-family: Tahoma, serif; font-size:12px; color:#205047; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Fuego-line1 {width:200px; border-bottom:5px dotted #51aa8a; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
got distracted halfway through blahblah drama blah blah

Strel snorted into the cushions, almost a tiny laugh even. "Stale? It was hardly stale. It was damn fresh, never opened. Good stuff. Rum," he said, his words fragmented as his body moved up. He had watched for the other man's reaction through dizzy eyes and heard for notes in his voice through fuzzy ears. "I think if you drank more you'd enjoy it far more," he said rather harshly, thinking that Noss should have partaken in it more often than he had. Of course that was just because Strel himself partook in it now and then, and never in small amounts. The redhead gave another indignant snort, rolling his eyes even though the room was already spinning plenty. "I don't, and I didn't. I drank with Sylvie and then Alaine, I think we did at least." He gave a confused look, trying to recall as best as he could. But he just gave up and shrugged, laying his head down on the arm rest.

The redhead tried to look bored, he did, but it was hard with his ears flattening out for a moment before going back up. He looked out of the corner of his eye at the other man and tried, tried, tried so hard to seem nonchalant, careless, zen. "Oh? Intentions? What are her.. her intentions?" he questioned, pointedly not asking Noss what his own intention were; he felt he might not like to hear it, especially drunk. Then, laughing slightly, he shook his head as best as he could. Dismissively, he said, "Miss you? What makes you think I'd miss you?" It was evident, though, that he would, seeing as he thought Noss was leaving now and would not be back. And he was currently marinating in alcohol to prove it further.

He looked at the hand, just staring at it with lavender eyes. They grew hard rather than the soft they were from the effects of the alcohol. Running those hued orbs up and down, Strel frowned, carefree attitude dead on the water. "No." He was refusing to go upstairs, anywhere, but Noss. He was not in the mood, he was secretly hurting. Why would he go with him? Why would he, in his not so right mind, go with Noss, who was only going to leave him again and was probably only here to say good bye? Why would he ever even consider he would go with? "No, fuck you," he said harshly, well aware of the strength of his words and tone. "I'm not going anywhere with you." Strel was still bitter about the other man's confession; it seemed too soon and too false for him to smile and bear it easily. "Leave me alone."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Post attack tonight >.> Must force self to post at least once in all >< Including my 3000-word-a-post-goal-thread T~T ...I think I need some of that rum -.-

Noss could hear the slurr in those words, not to mention the tell-tale sign of broken speech. He didn't know how hard the liquor was that Strel had drunk--although the word 'rum' he had come to affiliate with strong--but he almost had to laugh at Strel's explanation. Alaine and Sylvie? Those were two names he hand't heard before. Alright, he'd heard them, but not met the owners. Noss had to take an internal breath, though, subconsciously relieved that Strel's drinking partners hadn't been male. If they had, he would've felt the unnerving presence of jealousy, and he didn't know how that would blow over after he would berate himself relentlessly. "I think if I drank more I wouldn't be able to keep myself in check." Noss was no fool; he knew the effects of alcohol. But as to the full meaning of that statement, he left it up and out for open contemplation. Whatever conclusion Strel drew, he at least hoped it wouldn't be a completely wrong one.

Noss's own ears twitched forward as Strel seemed to take an interest in Ralla's choice. It didn't bother him; not anymore. Secrets and lies seemed so unnecessary, especially since Noss's confession. What did he have to hide? "She's going to stay in AniWaya, but she wants to take go back to the Moon Tribe in the spring, to tell our father her official leave. And then before all that she wants to take a trip to the mountains to see when they'll be passable... She used to make sense," he said while rubbing the back of his head. He was going to continue on that the full truth of what he himself was going to do, but he was...nervous... Despite how much Strel insisted that he would not and did not miss Noss--such as his next words, which made Noss smirk again--he knew that Strel's interest meant concern. And if he didn't care about Noss in the slightest, he would've booted him from the get-go of his confession, courtesy or not. "Of course she'll return, she says. What I have to wonder is if Father will honor her wishes... Well, not to say I won't back her up anymore..." He let that statement hang as well as he saw Strel staring absentmindedly at his hand. After then offering to take the redhead upstairs, he had to wonder if the look in Strel's eyes--so different from normal--was because of the rum or because of how he was feeling...or a little of both.

Strel's adamant refusal made Noss sigh, even though the strong words continued. He just chalked it all up to the rum again. So said, he did a repeat of the day he had confessed to Strel, lifting him and making his way up to his room. It was the same again; beating fists, curse words... And Noss had to argue with himself; why wasn't he just telling Strel about what he was going to do? Was it out of concern that he would react too strongly while drunk? Confident that Strel would wait? Worry that he would be shot down? Told to go home? Noss had never loved anyone but his family; he didn't know how to react to being rejected in such a way. Strel had never said no, hence he still had hope. If Strel ever seriously told him to go home--to leave, never return, never show his face--Noss honestly wouldn't know what to do. Arriving at the doors, Noss settled the drunken body of his first love--such a word still seemed unfamiliar in Noss's vocabulary...--as he went to lock the door again. Wouldn't do for Strel to wander out and about in his state. Oh moon, I'm doting.... I'm doting... He never thought the day would come where he would do that to anyone but Ralla. Strel just had that habit of mixing him up and turning him upside down...

Sitting in a chair that he pulled up next to the bed, the better, more sensible part of his mind--the part that rarely made an appearance--won out on the internal argument, so he decided to tell Strel right then and there what he was going to do. "I'm going with Ralla on the trip to the mountains and back to the Tribe," he said point blank. "I can't just let her take a journey that big by herself... And I have to tell our father about my official leave, too." Turning his head to the side, eager and apprehensive to hear Strel's reaction, Noss awaited the assault of more curses that were sure to come... Or a bedside table. He wasn't leaving the furniture out of the equation yet...

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
that is a scary thought... most I've ever done is about 1.6k

Strel gave a rather obnoxious laugh, putting up his hand to his mouth in a mock attempt to hide it. He even snorted once during his mocking laughter. "That's entirely the point, silly!" he exclaimed, thinking Noss very silly. He knew that Noss didn't drink for a reason but that was not a reason that the redhead gave a flying fart for. Strel drank and that was the way things were and he was not about to change that fact, especially if it was the other man's fault that he put bottle to lips. But keeping himself in check? Strel noticed the words but he scarcely processed it. If he had, he would have asked what he meant by it, as in, what control would he lose? What would Noss do when he was free of inhibitions? "Heh, the whole point is to lose control! To be free, to forget, to not know! It's a thrill, Noss, thrill!" He would have thrust his hands up in the air and laughed, were he sitting on his ass rather than on his belly.

Calming down, the redhead raised an eyebrow. Ralla ran from home for whatever god forsaken reason and then was wanting to come home again to tell her family why it was she had left in the first place and that she was going to go back? Now that seemed rather silly. But what was Strel supposed to do but shrug at it and comment lightly on it. He could not badmouth a sibling, after all. "Well, she's free to do whatever it is she wants, I suppose," he inspected his nails, trying to seem bored rather than curious. "What, ah, why did she leave again?" His words were slowly starting to come much more clearly, and his head was clearing too. But Noss did not need to know that. No, no, no. He did not, at all.

Of course the bastard would not listen to him, would not heed him at all. Strel knew it but he had assumed that the man would listen, especially now. Few liked dealing with drunks. Maybe Noss actually really cared. No, the redhead turned his mind away from the thought. He beat on his back, cursed, as he was expected to have. Noss still managed to cart him back upstairs like a misbehaving puppy and then lock them in the room. That unnerved him a bit. Strel, laid on the bed when the other man locked the door (which had been fixed a while back), fell against his many blankets, curling up into them. He buried himself in the cloth, muzzle sticking over the edge of the bed a tad. He heard the chair move, another new acquisition.

"God, you talk too much, it would help if you drank," he whined, grinning like a fool with his arms wrapped around a refurbished throw pillow. Strel giggled a little, but the noise choked in his throat as Noss told him the hidden truth. Lavender eyes shut and he looked as though he were happy to hear it, but his arms were clenching tight against the pillow. "Oh?" he muttered, arms suddenly loosing. He suddenly lifted himself up onto one elbow, eyes hard and dead set on the other male. "So you're leaving here? Leaving me?" he said, not hearing all that Noss had told him. "Going home to be the next chief, are ya?" Huffing, the redhead looked away, anger in his eyes, which seemed almost.. watery. "It'll be quieter without you," he said coldly, hands clenching tight.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Excited for the snow storm? I kinda am and am not cuz now I have to rework all my timeline stuffs >.> Oh wells; MAJOR PLOTTAGE! X3

Strel's mannerisms were shifting violently whichever way the large warrior pushed him--or, really, whichever way his emotions felt like going--and Noss almost grinned at the silly scene that Strel was making with that throw pillow. With quite the fright, endearing--that exact word, no manly connotation about it--came to mind, even though the conversation was turning serious. He had half expected Strel to react the way he was, though he had almost hoped that the redhead would hear the last part and not make Noss have to mushily explain himself. He should've learned, though; inebriation often meant misunderstanding.

Despite Strel's initial reaction and the way he tried to make himself look happy, the way he said those words didn't make it sound at all like he meant it. The words stung, no doubt--Does he really think that about me...?--but at the moment, he just needed to make himself clear, at the very least. That was the very minimum. When Strel had told Noss about his rapes...Noss had been angry, to be sure. But the other experiences had made it painfully clear to the gray behemoth of why Strelein acted the way he did. Strel was like Ralla; afraid, angry, and alone in the fight. At the very least that was pretty egotistical to think himself as something so pondered in the tailor's mind, but confronting his younger sister had shown him how easily little fears could grow into monsters that rarely had pretty faces. And then that infuriating white wolf... He would never apologize to him, even if Ralla defended him to the ends of the earth. But...he had to give him credit for trying to defend her. And so she had not been completely alone. In the present case, Noss wanted to support Strel through what his mind was facing just as Strel had kept him in check for far longer than he had imagined during their confrontation back at AniWaya. Had Strel not been there, Noss would've likely jumped Kemo from the get-go and literally mauled him. It was not a nice or polite thought--far, far from it--but it was truth. Someone endangering or getting too close to Ralla would never be forgiven in his mind.

And he felt that same protecting passion for Strel.

As he rubbed the bridge of his nose, trying to find the words to convey what he wanted to say, he had to stop himself a few times from questioning himself again how to the redhead had wormed his way into Noss's inner circle. What's done is done. And now I have to keep up my end of the bargain. Yes; Noss still felt that love for the tailor. Love for their times together and times to come; love for the way that Strel seemed to be able to magically keep him under control at the most crucial of times and for the way that his words sparked such intense banter that Noss did not engage in often but seemed to do so frequently with the redhead. But that required that he make an active effort to keep the tailor from being so upset as often as he had been because of Noss himself. He didn't like to see Strel so out of places...because it made him feel lost, too. He saw the misty sheen cover Strel's eyes and had to keep himself from touching the redhead's cheek again. That would only freak him out; make him angrier. "I am leaving, Strel. But not permanantly. I'll be back; here." This time he emphasized that he was going to return; he didn't want to leave these particular stones unturned. "I'm going to renounce my claim of being chief, Strel. I...I don't want to be there if..." That's where he trailed off, suddenly embarassed again at how words that needed to be spoken often didn't let you speak them easily. He had already said 'I love you'; these words paled in comparison. "you're not..."

He got up then and started to pace, Strel's stinging words beginning to affect him. Often Noss reacted carelessly to the most mundane words thrown at him--vehemently, if insulting--but Noss found himself more troubled and actually hurt rather than offended when Strel used those words as weapons. Every warrior had chinks in their armor, and Noss's chinks were becoming irksome the more he let them be. "Do you really mean that...?" he asked, referring to if Strel really didn't enjoy his company. He had asked that once before, when he had attempted to distance himself, and had gotten a guarded answer that was neither yes or no. So now he asked again, even though the timing was terrible because of Strel's drunken state. He knew there had been a reason why he had wanted to tell Strel when he was sober... At the same time, with a spark of foolish hope, Strel could've meant the words in a way where he would miss Noss; that he, maybe, would miss the ruckus that Noss seemed to cause so often, it seemed. The thinking of a hopeless-romantic indeed.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
god I'm so tired.

Strel just kept up his look even though he was hurting so strongly inside. All that came to him was that everyone left him. Always left him. It seemed that ever since he left his family, everyone he cared for left or grew distant enough that it was very much like leaving. What was it.. why did this happen to him? His eyes grew a bit dull as he thought about this, about all the people he had started to care for and then they fled from him. Leroy, Rurik, Rikka. More, too many more. There was always far too many. Why did no one seem to want to stay with him? Was he that bad? Did he need to tone himself down? No, he would kill himself before he muffled his own personality from the world. It was something he would never hide from himself or from anyone else. Anything else would be a blatant lie.

Suddenly the redhead let out a laugh, full of angry, bitter emotions. "Come back? Come back? That's certainly more than any of them told me. They all left without a word. At least you have the dignity to tell me to my face that you're going to join the others who left me behind." Strel would never have followed any of them to where they were going, but he never knew to where they headed so even if he wanted to, he could not have followed them. It broke his heart to think he was the constant here. Cours des Miracles would always have their resident tailor, Strelein, to watch from the background as new faces came and went, while he remained. Always present. He had been there longer than almost everyone else. Had he been there longer than Vigilante? He knew that the only one who had been there far longer than him was Haven, but Haven was a founder. And then came Strel. Hah. That did not seem to keep the men and friends around any better.

Noss asked him if his words rang true. Of course not, of course they were nothing but hollow lies. But he would never tell. Or would he. Would it keep Noss there? No, he had to go with his sister to get her back home. And he had to tell his father he did not want to be chief, for whatever reason - he had already forgotten. Strel assumed it was trivial, especially if that opinion helped to fuel his rage. He huffed, crossing his arms across his chest as he set up on his bed, legs crossing beneath him as he gazed to the side, away from Noss. "Of course I do," he said angrily, sticking his nose up and shutting his eyes tight. "I won't miss you at all." Liar. Liar. Liar. Liar. His head was aching as the effects of the alcohol slowly filtered out of his body, but he was still intoxicated enough to keep up this path, rather than do what he wanted to do.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
I think we share the same thought processes. -.-''

Strel's laugh maintained that faustian quality; brittle, un-Strel-like, and angry. Those men before Noss... They had hurt Strel deeper than Noss had realized. Having never loved like he was then, he didn't know the pain of a broken heart, much less one that had been broken over and over again. Hence, he could not fully comprehend Strel's pain. All he knew was that Strel was hurting and he wanted to make it stop. But he just didn't know how... He had told the redhead he was coming back, had told him that he loved him, had told him everything honestly without sugar-coating... What else could he do...? Much like he had the first time he had surprised Strel in such a severe way, Noss went to kneel in front of the bed. Although Strel was sitting cross-legged on the bed, Noss's height at kneeling level allowed him to lean over the edge to watch Strel's face. He had seen Rallado this; seen her try to talk with eyes. But it would be no good if he didn't know how to communicate that way, or if Strel would even deign to look his way. With an embarassed air, he talked to himself in his head, trying to convince his emotions to at the very least try to speak out through his eyes. Because... Noss saw so much when he looked in Strel's eyes, he wondered if he could do it, too.

Strel's words struck home again like desperatly sharp thorns, and Noss couldn't see Strel's eyes; couldn't tell what was going on in the tailor's head. As the redhead stuck his snout up, Noss thought that his next words just had to be the effects of him telling himself to let his emotions go. He couldn't regret it, then, because he was the one who had convinced himself of them in the first place. And the convincing hadn't been hard; the feelings just needed that little push to get out. "I'd miss you," he said, his back slumped in mock-ease as he rested his chin on one hand, the elbow resting at the edge of the bed, his sharp eyes looking at Strel's face. He forced himself to keep the rest of his face stoic out of habit--afraid to show any other mushy emotion--but his eyes, even when sharp...that sharpness of the moment was made to show how serious that statement was. "I've tried to think how my life back home would be, now that I've met you. But it all seems pointless if you're not there." With all his concentration keeping his face as aloof as possible, the mushiness couldn't help but come through the words.

"I promise I'm coming back," he repeated, striving to drive the point home. He knew Strel was still under the influence, but holding it off would only make it worse later. He tried to keep his voice even and steady; tried to make it so Strel would believe. But despite that effort, some softness crept in unawares. "Even if you say you don't want me here... I'll come back." The only reason he could say that was because Strel had yet to truly throw him out or give Noss reason to believe that Strel really didn't want him there. Strel had his biting words... But Noss was conditioned to most of them. Sure, some of them were hurting him now, but he was a warrior; he didn't go down with a few light wounds.

<style type="text/css">
.Noss-01 b {font-weight:normal; color:#8b6e9f; letter-spacing:.5px; text-shadow: 1px 1px #6d6175; }
.Noss-01 .ooc {text-align:center; padding: 5px; font-family:ariel, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#8b6e9f; padding: 1px 1px 7px 1px;}
.Noss-01 p {text-indent:15px; padding:1px 12px 1px 12px; margin:0px; }
.Noss-01 .divide {width: 200px; border-bottom:2px dashed #2e174c; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
.Noss-01 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#ebe8ed; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... oss2-1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2e174c; padding: 0px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#708495; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
300+
"My heart beats like a drum, like a drum"

Still he continued, still he went on. Strel had to lower his muzzle, turn his eye to the man, rather than look away from him. His look was one of sadness as he watched the man so easily say what he did. It seemed as though he was trying so hard to make it casual, like something he would say offhandedly on any day of the week, whenever it took his fancy to. Noss seemed so relaxed kneeling on the ground before him, trying to be gentle. As though Strel was some kind of a delicate woman to be coddled. He could always force him, Noss had to know that. But he also seemed to know that Strel was no regular hardheaded warrior; rough was not his way, even if it might have been so in bed at times. That did not mean he condoned violence or forceful actions. And he was telling the truth. Strel's heart started to pound a little bit, both from the alcohol's influence and his own emotions kicking in. "Do you promise? Do you promise me?"

It seemed so odd to hear anyone tell him that, even though Strel had been trying so hard to break him, prove to himself that Noss was just having a passing lust. But he was sticking around, even if he was leaving for a while. Away from him, but that still hurt. There had been no invitation for him to join them both. But it was obvious Noss knew that the redhead's place was here, both as a tailor and as one of the oldest members of the kingdom. He had to stay, he had to be here for the home he had taken as his own, as the place he belonged. And Noss said he was coming home to it, to him. Strel's face did not change but he lowered his arms, letting one lay limply on the bed as he leaned forward to caress the other man's face. He softly told him, "Join me up here," as he moved over on the mattress in an attempt to make room for him. Strel had to drop his hand from the other man's face, but Noss might want his touch enough to join him.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

"Going dum, dum, dum, dum, dum dum dum dum." ^w^ Alternatively, there's "It's all around the world; la la la la la la." Also, the last line in this post; take it as a cheesy compliment from a cheesy wolf -w-

As Noss watched the inebriated tailor, he was reminded of why he didn't like females. They cried, they gossiped, they were stereotypically weak at the worst of times; so much so that Noss had grown tired of having to tiptoe around their delicate sensibilities and treat them as if he were handling a fragile thread of glass. But Strel was different. Noss didn't view him as weak--quite the contrary, Noss often saw Strel as one with strength where he lacked it--but he knew that everyone had weaknesses. Even Noss; and Strel was painfully aware of them. Watching Strel, Noss took in his words as he asked for his promise again, as if he had to ask twice just to convince himself. But Noss nodded his head, connecting to that lavender gaze, marvelling that he had made even the slightbest breakthrough. With a very romanticized comparison, Strel was not a glass thread but cloth thread. He was strong when woven together and made a grand tapestry that drew your eyes, a silent banter that never made you tired or any less surprised when a stitch took an unexpected turn. While watching Strel create, Noss had taken notice and seen that Strel's hands worked the fabrics the same way. But alone, those threads were weak; easily able to unravel and cut. Strel had few of those loose ends, and Noss was oblivious enough to miss some. But since Strel had once willingly shown him a thread end, he knew not to pull on it, but instead wanted to tuck it back into the redhead's tapestry. What had love done to him?

He was unaware of the conflict concerning his insensibility to invite Strel with him and Ralla to gon on the scouting mission and the long trip south, but in his mind, it was simple and straightforward; Strel's place was in Cour des Miracles, and Noss didn't want to risk Strel's life on what might turn out to be a dangerous foray, despite how unlikely that seemed. But Noss knew his father; knew it would be unwise to present the man he loved before the Chief, risking the man's anger that he would never have a direct heir and that he was losing his son to a foreign pack. He would confront his father on the matter himself, and spare Strel the stress, humiliation, and danger. That was just how his mind worked, and once it had decided on that decidedly safe path, he saw no wrong in it or its logic. Moments ticked by, and Noss watched the change in Strel's demeanor shift as they kept tempo. Just like Noss had once done to him, Strel took one hand and stroked his face, and Noss imperceptibly leaned his cheek into the warm cup of his palm. There was no denying it; Noss craved the warmth--the intimacy--that no other seemed to have. But that warmth didn't only come from those hands or eyes; it came from a place that Noss was afraid to explore and try to explain, lest he become weak and be unable to guard himself against it or what threatened it. Instead, he was content to accept it as it was, for the time. Maybe one day the tailor would be able to craft a blanket to thaw his frigid heart.

He followed the trail of that hand as it pulled back, the moment suddenly turning surreal, as Strel invited him closer. He crept onto the bed, the guise of subtlety a lost cause on the large warrior, and he sat back on his legs as he looked down at the redheaded man who had seemingly so easily made Noss do the unthinkable. He tried to reconnect the touch, and so Noss reached out his arms to try and encircle the tailor, to draw him nearer. He remembered their first night together and how spontaneous it had been; how unplanned, how self-serving to the both of them. If Noss had insisted that he had repaid his favor and decided not to follow Strel, where would he be now? Probably carting his unwilling sister back to the tribe for a fate that neither of them agreed with or liked, Noss sentencing himself to an arranged marriage of some sort for the good of the pack and tribe. But he didn't want that anymore; not in the least. He had meant it when he said he didn't want to be there is Strel wasn't; it was like having the most delicious cake on earth--unsurpassable and only one slice to its name--and then tasting every other cake only to be disappointed that none of them could please him like that single slice. He could never forget.

Maybe Strel knew him well enough to know that even though he was trying to be serious, he was openly pleased that Strel had admitted, if even a little, that he wanted Noss to stay. It was pleasurable; being wanted. And maybe Strel knew that as Noss leaned in to hold him close, inhaling that distinct scent that had almost drugged Noss on their first meeting, he wanted to protect the man in his arms. And hopefully he knew that it was the best way Noss could show his true affection without bursting out with straightforward words that would embarrass them both, and honestly, Noss was afraid to push the buttons much further on a drunken Strel. But...

Noss found he didn't mind holding onto this thread at all.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
Metaphors galore in your post :U Noss is cute c:

Noss seemed to follow his hand up, practically slithering onto the bed. But he first sat back on his legs, towering over the redhead, who gave a mildly frustrated look. He had wanted the man to lay down beside him just so that they could mindless stare at the ceiling, and he could avoid talking further about this whole ordeal. That and to make the room stop spinning as it had been doing for a little while now. But mostly just to quiet them both up so neither one would say something they really would regret at some point. Plus it just seemed really appropriate that they both shut their pie holes and just try and relax. And the dark would help the pounding headache likely to come in the morning.

But instead the other man wrapped his arms around him and Strel could not help but felt surprised by it and the suddenness. He was stiff as a rod in the embrace, but then he just grew far too tired to keep it up. He loosened, though he was more limp than having falling into. Noss could not see the look he had on his face, as he looked toward the window growing dark. It was still kind of sad for the redhead, even if he would not admit it all. Suddenly, he lightly pulled his arms around Noss' torso, keeping the hold gentle rather than tight. "So who am I supposed to bother?" he whispered quietly, rather calm for all that was going on.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Meh, he's so weird -w- And contradictory...and a pain... But thank you; I just wish I had the real integrity to play a truly evil charrie; I'd claw myself at night with guilt >.> I still can't get over this table! XD

At first, as Strel was resistant to the embrace, Noss worried if that had been wrong. Again, not being used to much displays of open affection normally, he had tried something he thought as 'normal'. Had it not been? But then he felt Strel go limp, and he himself relaxed. That's right; he's still a little drunk... Oh stars above, what would Noss do if Strel woke up and remembered nothing of what he had just explained? Noss would probably bash his head against a wall, that was what. Going through the emotional open-ness once was enough for the warrior. Twice with the same ordeal? And with Strel maybe having the motor control to actually throw furniture? He would, point blank, be screwed; and not in the good way.

Strel loose arms around him made him feel less awkward and one-sided in the hold, but he knew that Strel was probably experiencing the dizziness from the alcohol now--and, probably, through most of the conversation--and realized that if Strel had been more sober, the explanation might not have gone as well...maybe... But it didn't matter; it was done. He would let Strel sleep soon; moon knew Noss needed it, too, after the journey back from AniWaya. Strel question perplexed Noss, but he chuckled deep in his throat, rather pleased with it as well. "You can bother all these pups going around. They seem to have more than enough energy to replace me for awhile." He imagined that; Strel pestering the pups. He imagined Strel talking to them the same way he talked to Noss and almost laughed out loud at the image, as well as how the mothers would react. Now that'd be a sight to see.

He then lowered Strel to the mattress, convinced that the redheaded tailor was calm enough now and at least understood, for the time, how things had to be. If he woke up and indeed forgot...well...he would cross that bridge if it was necessary. After all, if Strel had forgotten their conversation, then he would've also forgotten how odd Noss was acting, thus saving the warrior the 'true pain' of going through it again...sort of. When Strel was all the way down, he flopped onto his back with his arms behind his head, fatigue starting to get to him; both physical and emotional. If he had been a little kinder, he might've thought 'How tired must Strel be feeling in those senses?'. As it was, he remained denser than a rock... "You obviously need sleep now," was all he said, staring up at the ceiling. He wouldn't sleep until Strel was out like a light; till he was sure that he was fine. It was that protective instinct in him; the one that consisted of the only way he knew how to tell someone that he cared without words.

<style type="text/css">
.Noss-01 b {font-weight:normal; color:#8b6e9f; letter-spacing:.5px; text-shadow: 1px 1px #6d6175; }
.Noss-01 .ooc {text-align:center; padding: 5px; font-family:ariel, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#8b6e9f; padding: 1px 1px 7px 1px;}
.Noss-01 p {text-indent:15px; padding:1px 12px 1px 12px; margin:0px; }
.Noss-01 .divide {width: 200px; border-bottom:2px dashed #2e174c; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
.Noss-01 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#ebe8ed; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... oss2-1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2e174c; padding: 0px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#708495; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]