Learning something new
[html]

WC: 385 (3 Points) OOC: Denali is in Optime form, and quite snazzy in thick winter coat and some rundown old pants. Also can we Post date this to the 12 pls? Big Grin

Denali had found that he was not going to go so far north from now on, at least until he was big enough to take care of himself, but that did not make him less inclined to find himself a further to the west. , into the Ethereal Eclipse. It was a forest, something he was not use to himself, but he knew he could travel if he really wanted to, though the pup was colorblind, he had a great sense of direction and he knew he would get home again soon. Now as to WHERE he was goinging, was beyond him. He liked the idea of surprises, and soon found himself close to the ocean, yet…. There was something more. Was there a pack nearby? The boy, clothed in a few layers of clothes, found himself near the border of a pack… there were other packs around? This was entirely new to him… he’d only thought about Crimson Dreams! This was amazing, though it had to be obvious he had met so many wolves that belonged to so many packs, so being near the borders of a pack seemed easy to understand now.

He sat at the edge of the border though, in the snow, though he liked it very little, his tail brushing his leg, as he decided what to do. Denali was not one to understand trespassing too much, but he was one to know the feeling that if he crossed that imaginary line, he’d be in big trouble. Instead he sat there for a little bit, and suddenly, and with no warning called out.

Hello! Anyone there!?

So strange, to have to call out to someone, but he had yet to obtain a really good wolf howl and he wasn’t about to show everyone in this pack how much of a little boy he really was, though he was growing up, he was still only four feet. It shamed him to think that he would not grow to be as tall as Alder, or even Parker for that matter, and she was small! Why did life be so cruel to him? Even his arms and legs, they were short and stocky, nothing intimidating about them. Sticking out his lip he waited to see if anyone would come by to his call.

<style type="text/css">
.denalimountain b {font-weight:bold; color:#BAAEF3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.denalimountain-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.denalimountain p {text-indent:5px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.denalimountain {margin:0 auto; width:406px; background-color:#050D15; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... untain.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #F9CEE1; padding: 210px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#2B5CB8; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

+663 Post-date is fine with me. Smile Enter Sky and Casper, the fainting goat!

Life inside the packlands was insane these days. The fact that Sky was in love with Shawchert was quickly becoming public knowledge since her talk with the co-leader Skye about it. At the time, she hadn't cared about other people knowing, but now that she was getting side-glances every step of the way home, it had become unnerving. She rarely left the house anymore, and when she did, it was to walk little Casper to the forest and back, or else to take a walk on her own, to clear her head. She was doing that a lot lately, much to her own dismay.

Today she was with Casper, the little black-and-white goat she'd blackmailed from poor Bangle. She loved the little guy, and he'd become quieter since she'd obtained him, the only sound of him being the 'clap clap' of his little hooves on the occasion hard patch or rock. Her own paws made no noise, even as she broke through tiny bits of ice, the thick fur around her ankles quickly muffled it. Like a ghost shepherd, Sky meandered through the thick forest trails in the Ethereal Eclipse. She brought Casper on these trips for the sake of finding her way back; the goat left deep prints in the snow for her to follow, much more noticable than her own. And with her horrible sense of direction these days, it was easy to get lost.

All was silent for a good long while, with Sky mulling over her thoughts and memories of the days past. These last few weeks had been torture for her. The only good points had been gaining Casper, and discovering that people would gladly come to her for piercings. She'd worked hard on her singing rank, and once things died down and her punishment for fighting with Orin was up, she was bound to get that promotion soon... maybe even her co-rank.

Her thoughts were interrupted by another voice, one that startled both her and Casper, who instantly went rigid and fell over. Sky stepped out of the way of the beastie, and sighed with amusement. "Come on, Cas. Up you get." She bent down to hoist him up onto his feet again, as she was used to doing now, and then tugged on his leash, heading towards the voice. With alert eyes and ears, the girl trodded forward, coming to the small invisable border and looking up a few feet to spot the boy.

He was much younger than her, probably not even a year yet, and his fur was a rich tan in color, with intricate markings on his face and hazel-brown eyes. He looked a bit stocky, but she guessed someday he'd grow into it. Boy was wearing enough winter layers to suffocate a horse, which brought an amused smile to Sky's face. My first border meet. I wonder how Skye would react. As far as her nose could tell, he was from a pack. Which one, though, she didn't recognise off hand. Still, better to approach.

Sky herself was wearing the usual faded jeans and sweater, the poor thing that was stained and torn by now, with a nice faux fur women's winter jacket overtop. A cute blue scarf was tied around Casper's neck, kept taught and away from dangling or being chewed on. Both were matching at this point, with the blue jacket a perfect color match to the goat's scarf.

"Hey. I'm Sky Katruk of Cercatori D'Arte. This is our border here.. can I help you?" Probably not the most professional greeting, but at least it did the trick. She held firm the leash of her pet and approached, tail itching to lift a bit, taking a slightly dominant stance. She didn't try to look hostile, keeping a calm, friendly smile on her face, and her hackles flat under her coat. Still, those icey-blue eyes were suspicious. What would another pack's whelp be doing so far away from the other territories?

<style type="text/css">
.Sky_goat b {font-weight:bold; color:#e3d66d; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Sky_goat .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Sky_goat p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Sky_goat {margin:0px auto; width:381px; background-color:#89a776; border:1px solid #a2cb6b; border-top-style: hidden; -moz-border-radius-bottomright:20px; -moz-border-radius-bottomleft:20px; -webkit-border-bottom-left-radius:20px; -webkit-border-bottom-right-radius:20px; 0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#1c2922; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 385

At first he wasn’t sure what he was seeing when the female came to view, it was like she had something… like it was attatched to her, and reminded him of Malachi, that deformed wolf… he felt a pang of sorrow for her, she was so nice and his mom just attacked her like that… but she had been trespassing and he couldn’t help but think that she was waiting for him. He had given her permission to come and meet him any time, and that just made him sad that she got hurt the way she did. Though that thought disappeared when the female came closer… it was not a part of her but a different animal all together… now Denali had seen goats chased goats, and wanted to chew off their leg but this little guy was following her . she seemed to have it as a pet… this was an odd pack! He was not going to mention that for he would not get his curiousity satisfied. Now that she was very close he could see her, and he was amazed. She was very pretty, though that was still a new concept for the young boy, but he saw the shining things in her ears and was immediately intrigued. But he was quiet as she introduced herself… Sky… and a name of a pack he could not have pronounced for the life of him.

I’m Denali, I’m from Crimson Dreams! I have not seen another pack before!

He stated matter of factly. He was full of curiousity, and he did not care who saw it. His tail was wagging now when firs someone was here, and second they had answered his question right off the bat, but now he had a bigger interest, those metal things in the woman’s ear.

What are those things in your ears??? And why are you pulling around a goat? Are you waiting for him to fatten?

He asked looking at the black and white. The only thing he kenw that was kept as any type of pet were the horses… and man did he wish he had one!! But a goat? He wondered if a goat even had any use at all, other than making noise and eating things? This one was rather quiet at least.

<style type="text/css">
.denalichipmunk b {font-weight:bold; color:#F3F87F; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.denalichipmunk-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.denalichipmunk p {text-indent:10px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.denalichipmunk {margin:0 auto; width:407px; background-color:#2A3209; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... pmunkd.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4B5A36; padding: 10px 0px 190px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#93A53A; line-height:17px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Aw, what a cutie! Sky felt that motherly instinct dying to kick in, but she held back. Boy was a teenager, if a young one. Acting like a pup-enthused female wouldn't do her very well. She perked said ears as he questioned why she both had a goat, and had things in her ears, and what they were. With a soft laugh, she bent down beside the little animal and held his head up to her cheek. "Casper here is my pet." Yup. Weird. "He can fatten all he wants, but he's not being eaten. He's good for eating weeds, and he has a habit of making the pack laugh."

Sky hadn't considered it before, but in times of stress, little Casper could act as a great omega figure. One faint, and the entire pack would either be baffled or in hesterics. "As for my ears..." She sat up straighter, balancing on her toes. One hand moved up to her erect ear, the left one, and she slid a finger through the open gauge, wiggling it. "These ones are gauges. They're something I had done when I was about your age." She moved back down from the gauges and showed off the studs below. "These are earrings, or rather, studs. My piercings are simply for show, really. I'm a bit addicted to them."

She smirked over at him and stood, brushing off her knees and shaking her head. "Mind you, I don't suggest ever getting your own ears gauged. It usually takes a good year or so to get them this stretched. Mine didn't," She paused and grimaced. "Actually, mine only took a minute. Cut the holes right out with a sheet of metal, like carving a pumpkin. Hurt and bled like crazy."

She smirked again though, and glanced over at the goat. "And I'll show you why he's so amusing to the pack. Check this out." She turned to face the goat, then suddenly barked loudly in his ear, effectively startling the poor thing. Instantly, little Casper's legs tensed up, locking in place, and as he moved to get away from her, he tumbled over into the snow, bleating in protest. Sky laughed a bit, bending down to pet him. "Casper's a Fainting Goat. Got something wrong with his legs, that when he's scared, they lock up and he falls over like that. Everyone gets a good laugh out of it."

The kid loosened up and stood up again, seeming to 'growl' at his owner for being so mean, though it was just a grumpy bleat. Sky reached into her pocket and pulled out a baggy of grain, pouring some onto her hand and then holding it out to the goat. Casper, forgiving her it seemed, happily muched away. "I kind of wish he were female though. I'd be able to get goat's milk, then."

<style type="text/css">
.Sky_goat .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Sky_goat {margin:0px auto; width:381px; background-color:#89a776; border:1px solid #a2cb6b; border-top-style: hidden; -moz-border-radius-bottomright:20px; -moz-border-radius-bottomleft:20px; -webkit-border-bottom-left-radius:20px; -webkit-border-bottom-right-radius:20px; 0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#1c2922; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
+476
[html]

WC: 369 OOC: grrr I don’t know why I couldn’t finish this last night <3

He listened to her with a wide eyed expression of utmost curiosity and his mind went around to think about what she meant by “pet,” well whatever that was, it wasn’t food. That was too bad he looked pretty tasty. His more interesting wish came soon enough as she explained what they were. He put his hand to his ear and had a few images. He could see his sisters and even his brother with one of these. Denali followed Sky’s lead, and stood himself, the snow was starting to bother him and it was getting through his clothes… ugh. He listened, and grimaced when she told him about her Gauges. Hurt and bled.,, didn’t sound prospective to him.

What about your earrings did that hurt and bleed a lot too?

He asked curiously. Then she showed him just why the goat was so special. He stared at it wide eyed… thinking it had a heart attack and died! Then it started moving, and the boy couldn’t help but burst out laughing. That was the funniest thing he had ever seen!

That is soooo cooooll!!

He said emphisising the word thath is friend had made up. It really was, and it seemed that the goat was ok because he was eating from her hand with no worries. His tail was wagging, thinking of the possibilities with a goat like this. At the mention of goats milk he tilted his head. he was no longer sharing milk with his siblings and it seemed odd that she would want some from a goat… she was an adult wasn’t she?
Why do you want their milk? Isn’t that for babies?

He asked, not knowing he was being blatantly rude, but that was the kind of wolf he was, and until he learned properly, he would stay as blunt as he could. He sometimes got in trouble when his mother heard him, but other than that he was able to get away with it for the most part. One of these days he knew that he was going to get bit just for asking rude questions. For now his mind was not on that but on the fact that milk was for pups.

<style type="text/css">
.denalichipmunk-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.denalichipmunk {margin:0 auto; width:407px; background-color:#2A3209; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... pmunkd.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4B5A36; padding: 10px 0px 190px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#93A53A; line-height:17px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sky smirked a bit. "No, they hurt a little, the first two..." She touched the bottom-most earrings on her outer ear rims. "But that was because they weren't done right. My sister, Dusk, did them with sewing needles, as practice." They were a bit closer to the outer rim that the other three that decorated her ears, one on the inner rims, two above the first on the outer. They looked nicer, those ones, but the bottom ones looked scarred.

He was clearly impressed by Casper's faint, and she grinned, rubbing the goat's head between the ears. "Heh. My pride and joy." Always impressing those around her, Casper was a keeper for sure. He questioned the milk thing, and she shook her head, laughing softly.

"Goat's milk is good for the skin, and makes yummy types of cheese. It's great for snacking on, even for adults. Mums' milk, the stuff you drank as a babe, is different. It's got stuff in it that comes from your mum's meaty foods. Goats don't eat meat, so their milk tastes different; sweeter, for one, and creamier."

She glanced down at her pet, and frowned. "Not that he'll produce any, the darn boy. If I want goat's milk, I go to see my friend Skye and get some from Casper's mum." She shrugged, knowing Skye was nice enough to give her some freely. Bangle, on the other hand, wasn't so nice; Sky had to trade for the milk, even if she did make stuff for Skye and her mate to use out of it. Like soap. Bangle needed Soap. Yes.

Smirking with a snicker at the thought, she waved her tail and shook her head, Casper giving out a bleat as that long tail brushed his flank. "Nah, goat's are more useful as livestock than prey. As are cows, horses and even the occasional feral cat. Y'know, the domestic breeds. They hunt mice and rats for us, so we don't risk catching rat-bite fever."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
+330
[html]

WC: 220 OOC: I found another use for the goat!

Now that Denali got his answers about the goat he shrugged, well maybe some drank milk but he didn’t think he would ever again. He liked the few menus of food he had at the moment, all of which was meat. That’s all they ate in Crimson Dreams and he was sure that’s all he’d eat the rest of his life. His attention was now on Sky’s earrings.
Can you teach me? I want to know how to pierce something, maybe we could practice on him?

Denali pointed to the goat…he didn’t know much about goats, but they had skin just as the wolves did, and he was sure things would work out in any case. Whatever she decided, he’d understand but this new… interesting, thing…. It excited him, he wanted to learn how to do it, and then he could give anyone piercings, even himself, though cutting holes in ears like the big ones mad e him a little uncomfortable, though poking holes in people, wasn’t so bad a thought. He wondered if pain made the goat faint too, if so maybe the little animal wouldn’t be such a good idea to use. He didn’t like distressing the living to much… except maybe lizards or frogs, but they were all in hiding now, trying to get from the cold.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

+257

Sky perked her ears as he asked her to teach him, then grimaced. "Ah... I guess I could, but not using Casper." She stood straight, glancing around. "And my needles are at home. I don't carry them on me when I'm walking Casper." She nodded her head towards where she'd came. "I guess you could come back with me to my place to fetch them. It's warm there, and I'm sure no one would mind, as long as you don't cause trouble."

She gave a tug to Casper's leash, and started towards the town. "C'mon, Denali. You said you've never seen another pack before... so I guess this is as good a time as any. You said you're from Crimson Dreams, right?" She looked over at him, and smiled. "From what I hear, that's a big pack. What rank are you going for?" Girl had never considered another pack's ranking system before. Her own pack was weird enough, with co-ranks and whatnot. She knew what she wanted; she was already a Singer, but she wanted to be a Medic as well. It was perfect for her.

Now what about this curious kid? He'd do well as a scout, with how interested he was when it came to outside information. Girl would be careful not to let on to anything specific, but showing him how to use the needle wasn't a bad thing to do, right? And goats were common place among all the packs. This was simple, not-pack-related info... the ex-loner saw nothing wrong with sharing it.

<style type="text/css">
.Sky_goat {margin:0px auto; width:381px; background-color:#89a776; border:1px solid #a2cb6b; border-top-style: hidden; -moz-border-radius-bottomright:20px; -moz-border-radius-bottomleft:20px; -webkit-border-bottom-left-radius:20px; -webkit-border-bottom-right-radius:20px; 0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#1c2922; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

He listened to her, feel first down because they couldn’t experiment on Casper, and then that her needles were at her own hows, but she offered to bring him there, he wagged is tail and nodded.

Could I really? I would like to see your house, and your pack.

He started, but hesitated for a second at the border before hurrying after his new friend, who would be teaching him how to pierce, it would be awesome to do some thing like that, maybe even to an unexpected wolf! As she asked him what rank he wanted… he tilted his head and shrugged. Up to this point ranks did not matter to him. He was not exactly into all the politics but he knew one thing.

We can’t really aim for a certain rank I don’t think… can you? I think we get better ranks with the more we do.

He said shrugging, but again this was what the pup thought it could or couldn’t be entirely accurate. He followed her and kept his eyes out on what he could see, but right now it was a bunch of trees.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Erin

[/html]