into the depths
[html]

Itzal! Let's get spooky. :> SSWM: 349

It was a beautiful afternoon for some solid exploration, Kesho thought. He had yet to see all that these new Inferni lands had to offer. Though he'd traveled most of the expansive territory, some parts had escaped his feet. The very center of the clan was one of them, and today he'd gone out with the intent to end up at this particular place. Grimwell Caverns certainly intrigued him; he was fond of caves, and especially of the secrets they held. Kesho thought that they might, perhaps, hold some interesting stories of Inferni's past, and these were always welcome.

His feet carried him swiftly, presently in lupus form as he jaunted towards his goal. Crimson eyes kept to the horizon line as he made his way through the sparsely forested interior of Inferni. As he neared, the landscape changed into one more treacherous; rocky, bold, and definitely more difficult to navigate. But it was a challenge, and he never turned on down, even at this age.

The man climbed carefully down the ledges around him, not seeing an easier way that was near enough. Claws dug into the clay and rock as he clung to the sides, sliding down slowly and cautiously. He wouldn't break a hip or anything, but he could certainly injure himself without much trouble here. Anyone could, if they weren't careful.

Once over this series of ledges and strange maze-like lengths of rock and clay, the land began to smooth out. The caves were numerous, and each held it's own story. He wanted to explore them all, discover their hidden wonders. For now, though, he would just start with this one. A relatively small cave, half of its contents barely visible in the midday sun streaking through the trees. The Hastati crept carefully into the opening, his body and head lowered in case he were to encounter something unpleasant in there. The rust-colored man knew when to keep his guard. Running around in half-lit caverns without a thought was one way to find a swift end.

<style>
.kesho-929 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.kesho-929 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.kesho-929 b {color:#DEEAF3; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.kesho-929 {background-color:#8C9398; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/kesho.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#12191F; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; }
.kesho-929-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC: 311 WC

Itzal had noticed the other canine when he was out and about. He knew the other canine had not seen him. The way he knew that is because Itzal did not want to be seen. And if he did not want to, he almost never was. Plus, this canine was not looking for anyone who might be following. Which is excatly what Itzal was doing.

Since Itzal has seen him going out to a place he had not explore yet, he figured he would follow him and see where he was going. Itzal had orginally been in lupus form, and had stayed that way. He was much quieter in this form. Not that he was worried. But he got even more curious when he followed the coyotea couple of ledges, which the coyote climbed down. Itzal waited until he was sure the coyote was not waiting below to hop down. He was nimble, and had no problem getting down, but was careful, just incase some part gave out under his weight.

Itzal saw the canine go into a cave. He had by now realized it was a male. Since he could smell it on him. Itzal follwed him on in, waiting, to see where he was. and when he noticed him going even deeper into the cave, he approached him from behind. Making sure to make some noise so as not to startle the male into attacking, even though Itzal was alert and ready. He made sure there were about 20 feet between him and the other male. "HEY, what are you looking for out in these caves?" He was not sure if this coyote was part of the pack, Itzal had not meant any other males, but he was pretty sure someone would have stopped him from getting this far into the territory if he was not part of the pack.

<style>
.itzal-tbl .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.itzal-tbl p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.itzal-tbl b {color:#E5F8DC; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#1F261B 2px 2px 2px; }
.itzal-tbl {background-color:#2F4424; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/itzalgift.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#A8DB8E; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:243px 0px 10px 0px; }
.itzal-tbl-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

SSWM: 334

Kesho did not appreciate trickery, even within his own clan. The man was annoyed when pranks were played on him, or when others sneaked up on him. An ear twitched as he heard the sounds of someone approaching, and he immediately whirled around, a snarl clearly on his face. He had barely had chance to explore yet, either.

The scent that was brought to his nostrils was unfamiliar, but carried the faint scent of Inferni. A new member, maybe? Either way, whoever it was should not be sneaking up on old men like that. Kesho gave a low growl of warning before the stranger spoke, was even taking a daring tone with his speech.

"HEY, what are you looking for out in these caves?" yelled the dark male.

Clearly, the stranger did not recognize Kesho as a clan member. This alone was immediately offensive to the old man. Kesho emerged from the cave he had been inspecting, his hackles raised in annoyance. Those dark red eyes fell on the figure before him and narrowed, his mind filling instantly with anger. WOLF! raged Bael's voice inside of his head. Kill him...! screamed the voice, but Kesho was hesitant. Keen eyes inspected the face of this screaming man once again, and he could see a faint trace of something else... something familiar. Coyote. Still, his blood was impure and Kesho scoffed.

"What are you doing, talking to me like that? I'll do whatever I like in these caves." he stated, his tone serious, offended by the man's condescension. "Who are you? When did you get here?" he questioned grumpily.

The old man stalked a half-circle around the other male, trying to pick up more information from his scent. He recognized the scent of Kaena, of that dark, ebony woman who was related to her. The one he didn't like much. Kesho's eyes narrowed again. Could this one be trusted?

No one can be trusted, Kesho; even you know that, idiot! hissed Bael into Kesho's mind, his thoughts unintentionally infiltrated.

<style>
.kesho-929 {background-color:#8C9398; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/kesho.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#12191F; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC: 214 WC

Itzal loved getting a rise out of others when they were on off terms, cause it took a lot to get a rise out of him. Basically, what he had learned, that madder more aggressive your oppent is, the less they think. Which was always a good thing. Which is why when the coyote snarled and growled, he could not help but smile. And then the coyote growled at him. He laughed on his head, thinking it was funny that he would even think he could intimdate Itzal like that.

Itzal watched as the other raised it hackles and half circled him. This made him on edge, he never liked being circled, it made him feel like there was someone behind him. Someone he could not see or hear, and it bothered him somewhat. But either way he did not care. He listened to the older canine question him.

" I'm trying to find out what you are doing out here, and you can do whatever you want, as long as i know you are part of this pack. And as to who I am, I'm Itzal, I arrived her a few days ago. I am Inferni's newest member." Now it was his turn for questions "Who are you? And why are you out here? "

<style>
.itzal-tbl b {color:#E5F8DC; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#1F261B 2px 2px 2px; }
.itzal-tbl {background-color:#2F4424; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/itzalgift.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#A8DB8E; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:243px 0px 10px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

SSWM: 329

Who was this new wolf-looking creature? Kesho frowned at the black beast, angered by his words, his presence, his attitude. He should know not to speak so ignorantly. Even though the man didn't know Kesho's rank, he should still be more respected. Dark red eyes narrowed again as the stranger spoke, each word searched for deceit, for untruth.

"I'm trying to find out what you are doing out here, and you can do whatever you want, as long as I know you are part of this pack. And as to who I am, I'm Itzal, I arrived her a few days ago. I am Inferni's newest member." he stated, and then questioned: "Who are you? And why are you out here?"

"Boy, it's none of your business what I do here." Kesho snapped back quickly. "I'm Kesho, Hastati of Inferni. You should learn the scent." he glared at the new arrival, sizing him up briefly. He did not trust this hybrid canine, nor his blood. "If you must know," he said, with a slight huff, "I'm hunting for stories in these caverns. Why did you follow me?" the man demanded, still slowly stalking the stranger, although he was slightly less on edge now.

Large ears were still back slightly as he walked slowly towards this dark Inferni member, whose face looked like a wolf. Kesho was still unclear of his intentions, and therefore quite wary. It was hard for him to trust someone so new, and especially a hybrid like this. Red eyes continued to size up the other man. Itzal was quite a bit larger than Kesho, but he paid this no mind. The Hastati knew his own skill, and if he had to fight, he did not believe this coy-wolf would be a challenge; he was young and likely inexperienced, no matter how cocky he might seem.

Kesho gave another rough grunt, and eyed the ebony man.

"Why did you come to Inferni?" he questioned, perplexed at the prospect of a near-wolf joining a coyote clan. He was wary, as always. He did not trust these hybrids, although their numbers in the clan were increasing and eventually, he guessed, he'd just have to get over it.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC: 416 WC

Itzal knew he was being disrespectful. And he knew he was good at it. Respect was not something he gave out easily. Especially to strangers who he did not know. And even more especially to strangers who were in pack territory and might not even be in the pack. So yeah, he was being disrespectful, and he had the big smirk on his face to prove he knew it. He might be young, but he was no stranger to protecting himself.

Itzal listened intently to what the coyote said. He was purebred. He was sure, and there was a chance he had a grudge against Itzal for being a hybrid, a coywolf. He knew some of the coyotes in the pack were like that. And from what this coyote was saying, he was part of the pack. He was a Hastati, like Alyssum. So he knew how to fight then. And Itzal had been insulting to a higher rank of his own pack. Oh well, he had been willing to risk it. Anyways, how was Itzal suppose to know the diffrence between a member of the pack and an outsider.

He smiled, not as cocky now, but smiled at Kesho. "It was my business when I thought you could be a threat to the pack. And you are right, i should learn the scent. But how could i have known it if I'm just now meeting you? And I followed you because i was uncertain if you were an intruder into our pack, and also, I wanted to see where you were going. I'm sorry for my disrespectful attitude, but if you saw someone who you thought might be trespassing on pack territories, would you have treated them with respect? If you are unsure if someone is friend or foe, treat them like a foe, so you are always on guard." Itzal knew the man would not calm down so easily, but that was fine, Itzal might act cocky and arrogant, but he was truly very intelligent and was good with words.

Itzal smiled to himself. "Now who is intruding on whose business. I came to Inferni because I wanted a home. And i thought this would be a good one. I believed that this pack was strong and smart. So I figured it would be good for me to join. If you have a problem with me being a member, then I do not know what to tell you. I'm here to stay I believe."

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

SSWM: 409

Kesho paced still, more slowly and less deliberately now, around this man who had dared to challenge him with such a voice. His warrior nature commanded him to trust slowly, if at all, and this situation was no different. A newcomer to the clan-- at least he was in the clan-- following him, supposedly in order to properly defend Inferni, but Kesho was not so sure. Red eyes narrowed once again, appraising this dark stranger named Itzal as he spoke.

"It was my business when I thought you could be a threat to the pack. And you are right, I should learn the scent. But how could I have known it if I'm just now meeting you? And I followed you because I was uncertain if you were an intruder into our pack, and also, I wanted to see where you were going. I'm sorry for my disrespectful attitude, but if you saw someone who you thought might be trespassing on pack territories, would you have treated them with respect? If you are unsure if someone is friend or foe, treat them like a foe, so you are always on guard." Itzal spoke, explaining himself in response to Kesho's questioning.

An eyebrow raised as the man finished his long-winded speech. He did not anticipate such a talkative canine, and gave a grunted response before speaking himself.

"I meant that you should know the scent of your clan. It is strong on most of us." he said darkly, appraising the last words the man had spoken. "You have a point." he muttered. "But I don't appreciate being stalked." he growled in annoyance at just the thought. How rude that was.

Kesho hoped that this coywolf was true to his word; he did not like being deceived. If Itzal were to disprove his spoken words in any way, any trust Kesho had for him would be immediately disposed of.

"Now who is intruding on whose business. I came to Inferni because I wanted a home. And I thought this would be a good one. I believed that this pack was strong and smart. So I figured it would be good for me to join. If you have a problem with me being a member, then I do not know what to tell you. I'm here to stay I believe." Itzal informed Kesho.

"The only fair exchange for information is more information." he stated. "I have no qualms with you yet; you'd do well to hope it stays that way." he stared at Itzal, his hard, dark eyes glaring with a perhaps unnecessary intensity. He would not tolerate nonsense or ignorance in the clan, even if it was not his to govern.

"If you are loyal to Inferni, then you are welcome here." he said, albeit a bit grumpily.

His posture had slackened, and he had stopped stalking the other man like prey. Still, he held himself proudly. He would not drop into such casual discourse so easily with this new arrival. Time would bring this, but having just discovered the other trailing him, he was cautious.

"You may join me if you wish. I'm just looking around here." he mentioned, turning and walking back towards the caverns he had abandoned. Large ears were turned towards the man, listening to see what his next move might be. Should he follow, Kesho would require him to keep close. The old man would not trust this strange youngster wandering off, in case he was not revealing all truth to Kesho.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC: 769 WC

Part of Itzal longed to kill this coyote. He reminded him of so many of the others he had killed. When his mind was just a black swamp. blood, death, kill, kill, blood death. Those had been the words that had ran through his head once upon a time. It was still there, yes, it would always be there, it would always want control again. But no, he had turned his back on that part of him. It was why he had joined the pack. Make friends, get a stronger control. And settle down. So far things were good, but at time like these, that other part loved to try and have his way.

Itzal knew this man did not trust him. Few people did. And he trusted even fewer of them. He was no fool as to let himself grow attatched to a person jsut cause they did not rip your throat out the second they saw you. No, he knew he was untrusted, and it made him smile. Because they were smart people. Sure he was a gentleman, and a pretty nice guy at times. But he was sneaky and cunning. He was defintly not to be trusted easily. But as the man slitted his eyes at Itzal again, Itzal, with a smirk on his face, raised an eyebrow at him questioningly, as if he had no idea what the mans problem was.

Itzal had already thought through any reply he could give, so he was not surprised with his first or third one. But the coyote admitting he had a point did indeed surprise him. He had not expected the man to admit any ground to him. "This is our territory, the center of our territory pretty much, our scent could easily have rubbed off on you and hid your own. " and Itzal smirked at his comment about not liking being stalked. "Think of it like this. I'm sneaky, smart, and very hard to spot, maybe I thought you were smart and wise enough to see me and I wanted a challenge, that is why I followed you." Itzal chuckled at the old coyote's growl. He found him rather amusing, though he did not understemiate him, he never underestimated his oppenents. Even his might be oppenents.

Itzal was completely calm. It was one of his favorite things he had learned to do. When face to face with someone who was 'interriogating', or questioning him, he always but on a calm face and did not give anything away. But he did let his lips twitch into a smile as the man stated that information was a fair trade for information. Itzal thought he might mention it depended on how valuable the information was, but thought better of it. He was suppose to be preventing the fight that would only enflare his old self. So instead, he answered his second remark. "And I have none with you, but you would be smart to not underestimate your oppenents, no matter how good you might be. And also to at least speak to me like I'm not a new born pup. If this man thought Itzal was his to order around and give advice to and expect him to listen blindly and roll over at his feet, he was wrong. Itzal would defintly not be submissive to someone who did not show him enough respect to at least not underestimate him. A fatal mistake sometimes.

Itzal nodded as the man told him he was welcome. And noticed while he did not hold himself queit so ready attack, he did hold himself stiff and tall. Itzal smirked, and made himself appear loose and relaxed, the small tensnes in his muscles almost unnoticable to the untrained eye. Itzal gave the illusion his guard was down, but it never was. Itzal never dropped his guard. That could get him killed. Ambush were not uncommon among the smarter group of small packs in the wild. He had learned the hard way that it was stupid to think you were ever safe from a surprise attack.

Itzal figured he should accompany the man. Since he obviously thought he was a high member of the pack, and Itzal had no reason to doubt him, he thought he might as wll be nice to him and get to know him. Does not mean he was not wary of the man. But he nodded before saying "Sure, I will come with you, let see what we can find." Itzal had no idea what to expect, but he was glad he was finally exploring this part of their territory.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

:] SSWM: 446

Kesho tried to push aside his annoyance in favor of a better option, tolerance. It wasn't necessarily pre-set in his mind that any newcomer to the clan was unworthy, but...he did have requirements, things that he thought were necessary for joining. One was absolutely to give respect to those higher ranked or those with seniority. This...wolf-mutt did not seem to possess this ability. Or maybe he was doing it to push Kesho's buttons. Either way, it annoyed him. The old man's right ear twitched from the thought as he walked.

The Hastati remembered the vow he made to himself to be more understanding, more open. He sighed to himself, rolling his eyes away from the other man so that he would not see. He supposed it was his duty, to show newcomers around and all that. Welcome back to clan life... he thought. Remember, this is what you signed up for. Just get over it.

Though he listened to what Itzal said, he did not bother responding to it. This young, dark coy-wolf breed seemed to be too sure of himself to take any instruction from Kesho, at least yet. This was one reason he didn't like to...hang out, with younger people. They were obnoxious. Again, that compassionate part of his brain, all dusty and tired from misuse, pulled at him. Just give it a shot. So he did. It was hard, though.

"And I have none with you, but you would be smart to not underestimate your opponents, no matter how good you might be. And also to at least speak to me like I'm not a new born pup."

Kesho gave a slight growl at this statement, turning and staring through red eyes at the dark male. Was he being mocked, or did this kid just flaunt his knowledge and skills at everyone that made the mistake of listening?

"I have not treated you any differently because of your age." he muttered truthfully. Itzal's age was not what bothered him, but the associated ignorance and pretension. The man turned his head forward again, trying to ignore the itch in his mind connected to this ebony creature's words.

As he clambered through the dark rock formations, he glanced back once in a while to make sure his new companion was still there. Sure enough, each time, he was. Kesho supposed he would have to get used to this sort of thing again. Being friendly and all that. Okay, fine then.

"So..." he said, searching for anything to talk to this guy about. "Where'd you come from, Itzal?"

All around them were cave walls, only small amounts of light leaking through to give them sight of their path. Water dripped into a pool and echoed somewhere not far off, its sound bouncing eerily off of the walls. Kesho loved this place.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

469 WC

Itzal releazed he was probably being kind of ignorant and bitchy. And figured he should apologize. He was just so use to being on his own, he was not use to submitting and being respectful. He really had to work on it and he had just gotten unlucky by running into someone who expected him to be all respectful and admire him when Itzal just was not ready for that. So Itzal figured he would meet him halfway. But first he watched the man and listened to his responses.

Itzal noticed the ear twitch as a movement out of the corner of his eye and smiled to himself from it. This old coyote sure was easy to get a rise out of. Then Itzal noticed him grow at his words and then It seemed like Kesho snapped at him for what he said. Itzal might be good with people, but he was defintly not good at being respectful and submissive. He stopped walking and decided he might as well get it over with.

"Look. I know I can be pretty rude, and Obnoxious. And ignorant, and arrogant, and pretty stupid at times. But it is mostly just the way I am. I grew up away from any other pack then my family, And the one pack I lived in after that, I lived in a week.....and in that week I was abused, beat, and used. But none of it broke me and it made me more determined then ever never to submit. Then I lived on my own for the most part, looking out for myself, until I ended up here." Itzal sighed, confessing basically the vague parts of his life story. "So yeah, I'm disrespectful and I do not submit very well. I am not use to admitting I am wrong and that I do not know everything. So sorry, I will work on it, but in the mean time, please, do not take to much offence from what I say and do. After Itzal said that he sighed again and then put his smirkish smile back on "I came from a jacked up pack of crazy wolves who believed that they should only be purebred, and where my family was killed and my uncle's pack abused me until I ran away, then wandered, and came here. I honestly do not know the name of the place the pack was at. I would have to see a map of the U.S to show you. And I would rather move on from my past, so I do not really remember the name of the pack I was in." He yawned and started walking again, listening to the sounds in the caves. Itzal perferred the forest anyday, but he had to be honest. This place was very interesting.

<style>
.itzal-d04 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.itzal-d04 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.itzal-d04 b {color:#7DA4DE; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.itzal-d04 {background-color:#1E365A; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/itzal.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#070F1A; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:140px 0px 10px 0px; }
.itzal-d04-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Whee. SSWM: 709

Cold feet trod slowly through the rocky caverns; his red eyes were alert and all-seeing. A lone bat hung in a corner nearby, and it shifted slightly in it's day-sleep. Until there came something better, his attention turned to it, though his head remained forward. While he was not necessarily intentionally ignoring his dark companion, it might have seemed that way. Truthfully, his interests were just focused on the remnants of broken bones, decaying flesh of who knows what, and any other hidden goodness that might be lurking nearby. His fixation was unfortunately broken by the voice of Itzal, a man now trying to explain his behavior.

"Look. I know I can be pretty rude, and Obnoxious. And ignorant, and arrogant, and pretty stupid at times. But it is mostly just the way I am. I grew up away from any other pack then my family, And the one pack I lived in after that, I lived in a week.....and in that week I was abused, beat, and used. But none of it broke me and it made me more determined then ever never to submit. Then I lived on my own for the most part, looking out for myself, until I ended up here." the man explained, as if trying to apologize for his previous actions. Itzal then continued, adding: "So yeah, I'm disrespectful and I do not submit very well. I am not use to admitting I am wrong and that I do not know everything. So sorry, I will work on it, but in the mean time, please, do not take to much offense from what I say and do."

Well, maybe you should learn to behave yourself, at least... Kesho thought, a slightly frustrated expression on his face at the dark hybrid's words. He did not need to hear explanations for behavior, only a change in it. With a noncommittal grunt, Kesho nodded his graying head.

"Fine." he muttered, in an attempt to urge this intense conversationalist into a slightly more subdued state.

The old man continued his trek, taking a left at a fork in the road, following the much more dimly lit path, his eyes taking the time to adjust to the change in light. The walls were narrowing now, and though Kesho was not afraid, he knew that this sort of thing might scare others. The perfect reason for this land to belong to Inferni... he thought with a sly grin, directed at no one.

Itzal's words began flowing again, and Kesho braced himself for another story. Maybe he would just have to endure it; would there be a reward for him in there somewhere, at the end of this "adventure"? Something akin to karma that he would have to word towards? Maybe. And it was that thought that allowed him to calm down again, if only briefly, and manage to listen to this strange hybrid's words.

"I came from a jacked up pack of crazy wolves who believed that they should only be purebred, and where my family was killed and my uncle's pack abused me until I ran away, then wandered, and came here." the dark man explained in earnest. "I honestly do not know the name of the place the pack was at. I would have to see a map of the U.S to show you. And I would rather move on from my past, so I do not really remember the name of the pack I was in." he said in conclusion.

Kesho couldn't help but chuckle. A pack of purebred-loving wolves? Well, wasn't Inferni quite like that? No, no, they aren't. Not anymore. Ugh. He turned to meet the yellow eyes of his acquaintance with his own fiery red ones, muttering only a few words in response.

"Inferni hasn't always been so different from that, you know." he said, his tone almost pleasant. "We were once ruthless killers and pure-blood worshippers." he added, his face contorted a bit in reminiscence. Here we go again. But then, he changed the subject. "I don't know how to read a map, but I'm sure you could find one in Halifax." he said quickly, his pace increasing as he heard the rushing sounds of water.

Then, as if to ward them away, the cave produced a sound unlike any other. A hooting, whooping, maniacal sound whose origins could not be easily named. Even Kesho's large ears, though thoroughly able to hear it, could not decipher the tone. His eyebrows creased in wonder, in frustration. Things like this excited him; the urge to find the source immediately took over his brain. He turned to his dark companion, a large grin across his face.

"You heard that noise?" he said nonchalantly tossing his head towards its vague direction. "Let's find it."

Paws turned as the cavern opened up again, though its insides were still shrouded by lack of light, his bat-like ears helped him narrow down the location of the sound, and that would be his destination. Behind them, the path he had not taken sought them out, it's light chasing them intermittently through small cracks in the cavern's sturdy foundation. Dark eyes tore through the light-starved pathways, and as they made their way deeper inside, his pace slowed. Several alleys to the sides offered escape from this journey, sunlight creeping dangerously into these inner chambers; but he chose to stay on this path, the one he knew would lead to that sound.

Something that made such a hauntingly and demonically ghost-like noise had to have been alive, had it not?

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC 842 word count!

Well, Itzal had tried, He really did not care if the older coyote liked him or not. He was not one to rely on others approval for their own happiness. He smiled to himself. It would be just like him to piss of all the older coyotes and then just shrug it off with that smirk of a smile on his face. It made him laugh at how clearly he could picture it in his head. He was a rebel, through and through. But he did not go out looking for things to rebel against, they just found him. He was just someone who would not sit by and be quiet if he did not want to. Others had tried breaking him again and again. He did not give up or stop fighting. He thought of the one, well maybe two, times he had truly been broken. Mentally, when he was on his own, he had snapped, part of him had taken over and it had broken him, his spirit, his resolve, it had struck a blow to him that even now he was trying to recover from. It had made him fear, it made him afraid of himself. But over time he had gotten back up. He had worked on his control, and now he had control of what he feared, but he still feared it. The second time was to painful to think about, so he didn't think about it. Though he had to admit, one of his best and worst traits was his stubborn personality. Of course, that did not mean he was beyond reason. But if Kesho did not want to like him, so be it. Itzal was here to stay, he would have to get use to it. Itzal had chosen this as his pack, and he was planning on staying. He was sure with time his smart ass attitude would not be so bad. He just had to adjust to being part of a pack, and showing respect to others.

Itzal shrugged off Kesho's one word answer to his speech. He normaly did not talk to much, and if Kesho perfered silence, he was happy to not talk. But first he listened the Kesho explain about how Inferni was not much diffrent from his old pack once upon a time, and that Itzal oculd probably find a map in Halifax. "Well, I do not mind the ruthless killer part, I am one myself after all, and as for the Pureblood worshippers, I do not mind that you once were, and I do not hold it against others who still are, I was just explaining to you the nature of the pack I came from." Itzal voice was indiffrent, and he did not respond to the map part. He did not feel like talking anymore now that it was clear Kesho was not one to need it. He usually liked to think anyways. He had started to wonder if he would train with Alyssum as a warrior, since that is what he planned on becoming. He had just started to dive deeper into that thought and explore it more when he heard that strange sound. His ears moved to pick up where it came from, but he could not pin point it exactly. He smiled, maybe things will finally get interesting. He liked the cave. It was dark, and he loved the dark, he knew that if he was not so close to Kesho, and if Kesho did not know he was there, he could vanish from sight, his dark fur mixing with the almost pitch black interior of the cave. And now there were strange sounds coming from it? He like this cave very much, expecially the very dark, haunting feeling it gave off.

Kesho for once seemed enthusiastic about something. That something being the weird noise. Itzal has a smile on his face from when he had heard it. Kesho suggested, or more accuratly demanded, they find it. Itzal had no problem with that idea and set off after him. "Things are finally getting to be interesting. His voice was again indiffrent, but his lips were turned up in his smirkish smile. He wondered what had made the noise? He could not deny he was curious, and when he was curious about something, he normally would not settle until he got his answers. The way they traveled led them to a kind of path way with small alleys breaking off. Itzal was not intersted in them and was more focused on the sound. He figured whatever they found would at least be worth while. At least he hoped it would be. Or else he would be spending his time with a coyote who had no tolerance for him, and he did not very much like the coyote, though he did admire his values, he did not put up with any nonsense, and he was a very self respecting person. Itzal might not like his attitude, but he did give him credit where credit was due.

<style>
.itzal-d04 {background-color:#1E365A; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/itzal.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#070F1A; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:140px 0px 10px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

SSWM: 553

"Well, I do not mind the ruthless killer part, I am one myself after all, and as for the Pureblood worshippers, I do not mind that you once were, and I do not hold it against others who still are, I was just explaining to you the nature of the pack I came from." said Itzal without emotion.

Kesho once again declined to speak a response to Itzal's words. An ear twitched as at the dark Scorpius' mention of Kesho having "once been". In reality, he still was. His prejudice ran deep, and despite recent attempts to correct or at least diminish it, Kesho had limited success. Yes, his tolerance for the breed was...slowly increasing, but it certainly wasn't perfect and he couldn't help but slip into that mindset frequently. But, his longevity in this clan would be determined by his behavior, and that included obeying himself around wolf-beasts.

Continuing carefully down the rocky corridors, Kesho followed his ears as the sound hit the air again. It varied each time, indicating it's possibility for being an animal. Perhaps he could get an easy meal out of it. Oh, but I'd have to share... he thought with slight annoyance. Of course he would share any meat, but it was not his favorite idea. Nevertheless, it might not even be that. It could be an enemy laying in wait with a trap set, or something else, like a ghost.

Kesho did believe in ghosts, though he'd never seen them. He had been told of them several times by multiple canines, and often felt their presence in places like this in Inferni. To him, they were lost souls caught between life and the afterlife, and nothing more. They were not to be feared, but guided into death. It was unlikely, though, that a ghost would be able to make audible vocalizations, so Kesho tossed this idea aside for now.

The cave walls opened up slightly now, and the one they were following finally led down a long, lone tunnel, dark and with nearly zero light. Red eyes pierced the darkness and Kesho eyed the skeleton of an antelope; someone had bothered to drag it all the way back here. Clearly, they had wanted to be hidden. The creature's skull intrigued him, and he mentally recorded it's location. The old man would return later and create a helmet from that magnificent skull, horns and all.

The sounds increased in volume now; they were close, but did not seem to be moving. He turned to his companion, lowering his body into a stalking pose, the man whispered.

"Quietly, now..." he said, his words nothing but a breath on the wind.

Cream colored paws inched across the cold floor, his movements slow and calculated as he neared a curve in the pathway. He was determined to find this beast, or whatever it was, and knew that the thing had to be just around this bend in the road. The man's nose fiercely attempted to read the scent on the cave's stale air, but could only vaguely recognize the more recent smell against the myriad of scents combined here. Turning now, he checked to assure himself of Itzal's presence, if only for the sake of teamwork.

Seeing the man's yellow eyes and dark shadow on the barely lit wall, Kesho nodded to him, then gestured with his head for them to go ahead. Strong legs carried him towards the noise, now only a short 50 feet away, it's scent becoming increasingly familiar, but not quite recognizable, as they neared.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC 1155!

Itzal smiled as Kesho did not talk back to him. Maybe Itzal would just keep talking to the point he made Kesho snap. It was an appealing thought, but he sighed. He was suppose to be making nice and try to keep Kesho from hating him. He did not want to go making enemies in his own pack. At least, he did not want to just yet. He smirked to himself at the thought. But again he had to shake himself, no no no, he could not go messing this up for himself. He had made a commitment to join this pack and to get along with others. He laughed at himself on the inside, He sounded like a little kid scolding himself and giving himself a pep talk at the same time. He yawned. No matter what he thought, he never let it show on his face. He was good at wearing a mask, very good. He could not help but wonder if What he said to Kesho was only annoying because it was coming from Itzal, who had wolf blood, or if he was like this to even purebred coyotes. He did not care that some hated him cause of his birthnature. It was not something he could control, so why worry about it. He is who he is. And it made him smirk to think that ticked some people off. Maybe if they stopped worrying about him, they could work on their attitude themselves. He looked at Kesho and thought they could probably be friends. With time. But until that time came they would have to slowly work through this mutual companionship of theirs. Either way, Itzal was fine with Kesho's refusual to speak to him.

Instead of keep on pondering that, Itzal turned his thoughts to the weird noise he had heard. Maybe it was an animal. He smirked to himself as he thought about hunting it in these caves. The only thing that downed his mood was the thought of having to share the hunt with Kesho. Itzal enjoyed the thrill of the hunt, but very rarely hunted with others. He was faster, quieter, and smarter when he was alone. But either way, it did not matter, he still loved the hunt. Then he thought about how the sound did not seem to be moving. If it was an animal, maybe it was hurt. The part of Itzal that mostly enjoyed the thrill growled disinterested now. An easy kill? No fun, we need a challenge, one that when we do kill them, was taste their blood for days after. Itzal growled at himself for the thoughts to shut up. It was not like he heard the voice in his head, it was more like he felt what it thought and understood it, like he was watching another canine's boby laungage and was dechyphering what it meant. He closed his eyes and pushed that part of him down. He did not need it affecting him when he was with Kesho, as if he did not have enough on his hangs. Itzal noticed the Antelope skeleton himself. He walked over to it and bent down, grabbing one of the bones in his jaw he snapped it, to releave some stress and frustration at what the other part of him had implied. It felt good to feel the bone being crushed beneath his powerful jaw. Then he shook himself and started following Kesho again.

Itzal nodded when Kesho said to be quiet. It was not like he had to tell Itzal, he had already been making almost no noise other then his talking, which he was done with now. Itzal slowly crept behind Kesho, Smiling to himself at what they might find. Maybe these cavers were just haunted, or maybe it was an animal like he had thought. His smile grew as they kept getting closer and closer. Kesho was moving slowly, and Itzal closed his eyes, hearing the sound echo through the caves, and kept his breathing calm, he opened his eyes and inhaled, trying to catch a sent if he could. But unfortantly the tunnels and caves were old and held a smell of dust and rot that clogged his nose, keeping him from defining any real smell, but he cuold detect just a small thing that stood out from the dust and rot, a smell of a living creature, one that he could not put a name to. He looked ahead, trying to make out anything he could, as they took their time in approaching it. Treating the weird sound as if it were their prey. He watched as the Red eyed coyote turned to him, as if to check he was still there, and nodded at Itzal, as if to confirm that they were indeed going to go ahead and find the source of the sound. Itzal nodded back slightly. He was itching to have his curiousty dowsed, but he knew that if you rushed, you could easily make a mistake, so he forced himself to take his time and concentrate. Keeping himself calm was easy, after years of pratice, and he walked clamly and levely the few feet to discover what it was that had attracted his and Kesho's attention.

Itzal wondered if him and Kesho would find anything new. And he was also curious as to what Kemo planned on doing to whatever they found. Maybe they would kill it, something Itzal had absolutly no objection to. He would happily kill anything they found. Or maybe Kesho was planning on keeping whatever it was, and taking it back to the pack. He was not sure if Kesho was the kind to keep pets. He knew that he himself was not. He had seen others with them though, and understood their comfort in the mutual companionship some of the brought.But Itzal himself cuold never see himself relying on something he saw as prey, and that he would constantly want to hunt and kill. He shrugged at it, if Kesho wanted to keep it then He guess it was Kesho's choice. What ever 'it' is. If it was up to Itzal, he would probably examine whatever it was closely, then play with it a little, just a little, and kill it. He would rather hunt it, but if it was stuck or trapped, he figured playing would be as good. He knew that some parts of him were sick, but it was what he did. It helped keep the part of him that constantly thristed for death happy, and gave him some food, so it was a win win. He looked up from where he had been looking. Snapping out of his thoughts as he waited for Kesho to go forward, and then Itzal would follow. He figured it was some sign of respect, letting Kesho go first, but either way Itzal did not care who went first.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

SSWM: 860

Kesho had stalked a thing or two in his time. He was practiced, you could say. Experienced. It was different, though, tracking and hunting inside of a cave. His senses didn't work as well; they became confused. Echoes bounced off of the walls, distracting his ears' attention. Scents mingled with the dingy, dusty air of the caverns and made his nostrils unsure. Shadows danced in the darkness and played tricks on his eyes, still adjusting from the stark difference from daylight. But still, his senses were strong. They identified, as he closed in.

A young avian, perhaps days' old dried blood, and the scent of the pathetic little thing's urine and feces, which had built up all around it from the thing being unable to move. As Kesho moved forward, a small amount of light managed to allow him to see what they had heard, what he had been expecting to attack, to kill.

Abruptly, Kesho stopped his feet from advancing, lifting his head, ears now fully erect, staring straight ahead at their quarry through dark red eyes. He narrowed his eyelids briefly, momentarily unsure, before approaching the wriggling creature.

It was a young owl, clearly fallen from it's tree, it's wing perhaps broken, perhaps in it's first attempt at flight. Kesho scoffed, glancing down at the tiny beast. It was useless now, it's wing broken, it's feathers ruffled and out of line. Would it even be able to fly, if it healed? Now, it seemed pitiful, hopeless. Kesho lifted a paw and prodded the small bird, wondering if he'd even get a response. Sure enough, he did, and that horrible noise echoed deeply throughout the cavern again, immediately causing Kesho to retreat several feet, his ears pinned to his skull and a snarl on his lips. With a low growl, he turned to Itzal.

"It's just a fucking bird." he muttered with a frown, looking up at the ceiling and noticing the perfectly sized hole in a nearby corner of the wall. That must have been where the thing had come from. Stupid animal. But then, maybe it wasn't. What a strange angle the bird had to have been flying in to get into the cavern like that. Reconsidering the beast, Kesho eyed it again.

The thing floundered about, flapping it's wings, occasionally letting out a scream of pain as it rolled onto it's injured wing. Then, as if sensing it's possible savior, the bird straightened itself, standing on two legs as firmly as it's starving body would allow. It's wings came to a rest beside it's body as it willfully stared back at Kesho, as if determined to find a way out. Well, then... Kesho thought, an eyebrow quirked in amusement.

Without a word, he shifted. His body changed, his spine rearranging itself into a two-legged template as his muscles strengthened and his fur lengthened. He was much taller now, and these caverns were still quite small. Kesho's head nearly hit the ceiling, but he lacked several more inches. Glaring down now, stretching his arms out, knuckles cracking as he stood, feeling glad, for once, to have this form to use at all. He bent down and, as gently as possible, picked up the bird by it's feet, rising to his feet and turning to carry it back, the creature dangling in his grasp. It would not be hurt by his grip, but allowed Kesho to control the thing, keep it from flapping about stupidly. He would take it home, find it something to eat, and raise it. This creature would make a nice pet. It would do well to have a night guard in Inferni. Kesho would train it to alert them of enemies, of dangers, of food. Yes, yes, that'd be wonderful...

"Well, that was exciting." Kesho said in a dull monotone, standing briefly beside his companion. "He'll make a good night guard." he stated vaguely, gruffly as he continued on, back towards the entrance, now on two legs.

Now, what was he to do? It became obvious to him instantly that he had no mode of confining the beast. That would need to change. He would also immediately need a home. One of these caves would probably do, Kesho thought, glancing around as they approached the slightly more well-lit section of the cavern. Once more, they passed by that antelope skeleton, and, unable to help himself, Kesho bent and took the skull, shaking off the debris and cobwebs covering it. The thing still had a small amount of fur attached to it, but that was fine. He would clean it and have it made into a glorious helmet later, fit to the head of his Optime form. What a grand day.

"It'd make a good helmet, eh?" he muttered, lifting the skull up and out towards the dark shape of Itzal. He was out of hands, now, though. With any luck, they would not encounter much trouble at their departure from this cavern. After all, there were still many more to explore.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC 1022!

Itzal's senses were sharp. Sharper then most. He was good at using all of his senses together. He did not just rely on his sight, but more on all of his senses. He used his smell, his hearing, and his sight to tell him as much as he could. He perferred not to use his taste unless it was something he had hunted and killed. He smiled to himself. He did not go around randomly tasting things. He thought that counted for something. He shook himself, and he while his senses were good, this cave made it hard for any of them to work. He smelled the dry blood and was instantly in the mood to hunt it. But he calmed himself, figuring that he might as well wait and see what it was. Though he doubted it would be anything intersting. He sighed and looked at Kesho. He figured that Kesho was curious as to what it was too. Itzal hoped it was big enough animal to share, he did not feel like arguing with Kesho again over their food. Itzal sighed and as they got closer he strained to see what it was. hopefully it was somehting cool at least, maybe an animal he had not seen, or heard before. And then when they came into sight Itzal could make out the shape for the most part, but was not sure if he saw it correctly. Then his thoughts were confirmed when Kesho yelled out about it just being a bird. Itzal sighed, unhappy that it appeared to be injuted in some way. He figured they woulld just kill it now, which Itzal did not have a problem with. Though he did want to examine it some. "Wow, what a joke, I can not believe that the stupid bird made that sound." He had growled at it. Giving it a evil twisted grin. He would enjoy this, enjoy taking its life. It was the way of the predator's life. And he did enjoy his life as a predator. He figured that Kesho had lost interest in it, which would just be better for him. He got to mess wiht it beofre he put it out of its misery. That was not to bad, at least not for Itzal, he sometimes enjoyed toying with this prey, when it was both canine or some other animal. A little play was good for you every now and then. And Itzal had not played with his food for a while.

Itzal had just been moving towards the owl to mess with it, see if it had anymore injuries to check, and then prod its broken wing, and its messed up postion. The he froze when he heard Kesho talking about making it a night guard. Itzal sighed. He might as well have never come in the first place. Just to get his hopes up to have them crushed. Yeah, oh so exciting, and ok, the pack could use a night watch guard. Even though that meant Itzal would go hungry for now, he was glad the bird would end up halping the pack. He watched as Kesho shifted, then looked away, wondering what was in the other caves. He bet there was not much in them. He had not seen much and he doubted anyone would hide hidden treasure in them. He laughed slightly at the thought. Imagine how much him and kesho wuold fight if they found a hidden treasure. Itzal would probably want to share it. Well not want to, but be ok with sharing it. Of course it was a moot point since the chances of them finding treasure were slim and none, or none and slim. Whcih ever one you wanted, the point was the same, no hidden treasure for them.

After Kesho shifted he picked up the owl. It was an owl, at least as far as Itzal knew it was. He had seen one before, at night time, just sitting in a tree watching him. It had been creepy, but cool. He sighed and followed Kesho out, Itzal on four legs and Kesho on two. Kesho was being gentle with the creature, probably not wanting to hurt it anymore. Itzal had noticed the hole it had probably managed to fly in. It seemed weird that the bird would do that, but it was not Itzal problem, Itzal was not the one with the pet owl with a broken wing. Kesho is. So he just shrugged it off and smiled. Then Kesho picked up the skull and Itzal looked it over. It looked nice enough, but he was not sure how good of a judge he was. It would indeed make a good helmet. Yeah i guess it will. Itzal could not care less. He did not see the point in wearing the skulls as a helmet, and htought it was kind of stupid. But he wuold never tell kesho that, at least not yet. Itzal wandered behind Kesho, headed for where he wanted. If they were going deeper he owuld be so mad, but he had a feeling they were't, so he trusted the old wolf to guide them out of the caves. Not taht IItzal could not have manage it, it probably would have been fun too. But he did not feel like undertaking the task of funly guiding them out of the cave, and he just followed Kesho, looking at the bird at times and then the ground, sometimes to kesho before he thought of something else and thought about it. His thoughts kept him pretty distracted, which he was grateful for. And he was a tiny bit more open minded to the skull i dea thing, but figured he was not cut out to wear them, or they were just not his thing, ,either way, he had been happy to come along with Kesho. Even if they had started off on the right foot, maybe in time they could form some kind of mutual friendship, but until then he guess it would just be like this when ever they meant, which was fine by Itzal.

<style>
</style>[/html]