Snowstorm Thread - Time Kills Slowly
[html]

ooc: Feb. 6th; This is for the ones who are stuck in Mars' house during the storm. As far as I know right now, that would be Fallen, Elaine, and Slade. All others who need a place to go are also welcome into Mars' house. +5

Why did he have to pick one of the more stable places to make his home? Why couldn't he just be a stupid bastard who just lived in whatever place looked good enough? Why was he so picky? This was what it had brought him, some volunteers to hide out in his house. What was much more unnerving was that he did not know any of these beings. Most were male. He didn't want to be in his house with others that he didn't know, especially since he didn't know them at all. All of these pack members that were stuck with him were unknown, new and old alike. He didn't know who had been new, and who had been old in the group of lupines that would follow him through the storm to where he was located at. At least it had not been too far, only across a courtyard from where Shawchert (who he finally met for the first time earlier today, and whom didn't also seem too concerned about Mars' existence, uncaring almost, rather more concerned about the storm.) had called the pack. He believed that he had been called to Sky's house. That's where the pack was mostly. He didn't know where a few of the packmates were, the ones he knew at least. Like Ouija for example, where was he? Least he'd be slightly more comfortable with the man around. Mars would lead the group back to his house, his arms wrapped around himself. He wondered briefly why Orin had not come back to his house with him instead of staying at Sky's house. Wasn't Sky and Orin supposed to be enemies or something now? Mars was confused by the actions, and he was slightly pissed off that she did not want to offer comfort to the man since he would now be alone in a group of strangers.

Once the man had gotten to his door, he pulled it open, the wind rushing in as he did so. It had been once warm inside of the shop, but now it was cold on account that his fire had gone out and the fact that they were now letting in cold air since everyone had to pile into the shop. Once everyone was in, Mars forced the door shut and he had pushed a couch in front of the door so it wouldn't be pushed in or if the hinges came off, the door wouldn't be hurled across the room. Once he had been done with that, he looked back at his fireplace and he had realized that the fire had been put out by the snow that fell in from the top. Mars pulled the cover over the fireplace. We can't use it. Snow got in there... the man spoke quietly before he looked at the pile of blankets and fabrics he had draped over all the couches and chairs he had in the house. Try and get warm everyone. There's enough blankets to go around.. Mars spoke before he had walked over to his white painted guitar and he picked it up. He then found his way to the corner he had been sitting in before he had to see Shaw and he had taken his seat there, putting his guitar on his lap and draping his arm over it to get in position to play. I don't know any of you...My name is Mars Russo. I'm a guitarist.. he spoke simply, calmly and cooly.

<style type="text/css">
.marsfreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#d3cbc2; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #081639; }
.marsfreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#afb3c0; text-align:center;}
.marsfreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.marsfreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#424f6e; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ree001.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #081639; padding: 0px 0px 165px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#afb3c0; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.marsfreebe01-border1 {width:466px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.marsfreebe01-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px solid #081639; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
mall fonts; text-align:right;">present personality: Mars Russo
Word Count: 583

[/html]
[html]

OOC: better later than never.X3 Sankara follows Mars to his house...and sad memmories are coming to her mind. What will happen?? X3

Sankara fell asleep during the time that she was at Sky's house. She began to dream something peaceful, about her being a pup again, playing with butterflies, and suddenly...a snowball falling on her head? She woke up at this point, almost jumping. At the beginning she was confused, but when her head cleared a bit, she heard a male (she recalled him introducing himself as Mars) walking out of the house followed by a small group of wolves. She looked around her. There where many people squeezed on a small space, so Sankara silently exited the stance, still half asleep.

There was only a word to describe the trip to the other house. Eternal. To get exposed to that cold again was hell for Sankara, who found herself completely awake in a matter of seconds. She didn't see the place where they were going until Mars stopped and opened the door. She entered the stance and suddenly realized that there was no fire! so the stance was too damn cold. She could even see her breath. But well, it was better that outside, guarded from the strong winds and the worst part of the cold. Mars motioned everybody to take a blanket and get warm. Sankara looked around her and took a random blanket, huddling on a corner, more than happy to be a bit more resguarded from the cold.

She began to drift to sleep, again the dream of her being a pup chasing butterflies. The howling wind began to sound muffled, turning into a soft lullaby, and her sight began to get blurry, because of the tiredness she supposed.

A voice awakened her some seconds later, even thought for Sankara some minutes passed. She lifted her head as Mars talked. Then she realized something, she had wet spots on her paws, where her head had been resting. She licked it and it tasted salty. Those were tears. Sankara glanced around her to see if anybody saw her, and with a fast movement, she stood up and walked towards Mars, dragging the blanket with her. She wanted to get distracted from her original thoughts. Mars was holding an instrument unknown to Sankara, and that awakened her curiosity. It sounded hollow when the male lifted it and held it in on his lap. Maybe he was going to play something, as some people called it, with the strings attached to the instrument. Yes, it had to be, he was going to play music.

Sankara stopped a few feet away from Mars and looked at the instrument laying on his lap. She hoped that he didn't noticed the still fresh teardrops on her fur. "It looks like you are going to play a song." Her voice sounded a bit trembling as she spoke again. "If that's the case, would you make us the honor?" She bowed her head a bit, trying to sound as respectful as she could. The atmosphere was too nostalgic for her, and she wanted to get the thoughts out of her mind, before they filled it and she began to seriously cry. Sankara laid on her belly, looking at the unknown instrument, waiting...

[/html]
[html]

Cercatori d'Arte: a pack full of daedal canines, much like Slade. So why hadn't Slade been comfortable to be in a house full of them?

The young coyote had been too happy to leave Sky's house, where it had already been overcrowded by the time he arrived. One main rule was to never follow a stranger into their house if they led you, but Slade was assured that the canine who he was following was friendly enough and that his house wouldn't be quite so crowded. He could ignore the cold that he was thrown into as long as it meant he could avoid large crowds. Claustrophobic he was not, but shy he still somewhat was. Still, the fact that he saw Sankara following them made him feel uncomfortable; his last encounter with her had been a little less than friendly, and now it looked like he was finally going have to destroy his last smudge of pride and apologize.

Slade settled against a wall of the house, not feeling right going onto a couch. Couches were for the two-legged, as they would likely be a bit uncomfortable on the floor, and Slade wasn't about to let his snow-slushed paws ruin the kind host's furniture. Besides, he was used to sitting on hard, cold ground; he tried his best to ignore this as the multicolored canine introduced himself as Mars Russo, a guitarist. Slade hadn't met a musician yet.

It seemed like Sankara was already settled, curled up in a corner with a warm blanket. She had probably been sleeping for all Slade knew; let her sleep so he didn't have to talk to her and become all guilty again. To his surprise she got up and pointed out the obvious, that Mars was going to play a song. She sounded different, and while Slade couldn't point it out he could have sworn that she had some drops on her fur. Assuming that it was snow, he shook his head quickly and listened. He was confused by her offer, firstly because she had again forgotten to introduce herself - even if she knew Mars, she probably didn't know the other canines in the house - but mostly because he didn't know what she was talking about. Was she volunteering them to sing along? God, he hoped not; he had never tried doing that to his voice and didn't plan on it.

<style type="text/css">
.sladefreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#bacdd6; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000f3d; }
.sladefreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000f3d; text-align:center;}
.sladefreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sladefreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#527d96; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... slade1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bacdd6; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000f3d; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.sladefreebe01-border1 {width:462px; border:2px solid #527d96; margin:0 auto;}
.sladefreebe01-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px dotted #527d96; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#04+
[/html]
[html]

table by Silver!OOC: Late late late >.< WC:617

Fallen had made it to Sky's house, and was simply sitting on the floor, smelling his herbs to see if they weren't rotting, and eating a bit of catnip to calm his nerves. There were many in her house, and it was uncomfortably crowded. He was in a corner almost the whole time, he could actually get some space when he was in a corner. He looked at some people, many of them unfamiliar, he only reconized Sky and Shawchert, Ouija was no where to be seen, the colorful male wasn't there. Fallen wondered where he could be, but he let it slip out of his mind. He watched others, but his eyes mostly landed on Sky. He wondered if she was ok after the incident that had happened. He still didn't exactly know what had happened, was it fake child birth? Well, at least it was over now. Fallen's ears then perked, as he remembered he wouldn't be staying in this house very long. He was going to go to a less crowded house, a bit more peaceful. He was supposed to follow "Mars" Which, if he could remember right, introduced himself. He was half black and half white, how unique. Fallen flipped his bangs lightly, and scratched his ear as he stood up. He saw the door open, and cold wind rushed in, as Fallen braced himself against the cold, tightening the jacket around him. He nodded to Shawchert and Sky, before following out the door.

The wind whipped his bangs, revealing the empty socket he hated to show, but most of them most likely couldn't see it, the wind was throwing snow, he could barely see his own hand. He saw the moving figures before him, and followed them, slowly and steadily. The wind and snow hit him with brute force, he was freezing. He wrapped the coat around him a bit tighter, and he wondered when the cold would stop. His answer soon came. Mars stopped at a house, and started to open the door. He clicked his tongue, a bit inpatient, but he tried to do it quietly, so he didn't seem disrespectful.

He followed the small group into the house, and sighed in relief. It was warmer in here, and roomier. He reached into his bag, and retrieved a green blanket, and wrapped himself up in it, before he settled onto the couch, his arm resting on one of the sides. His eyes wandered to every person, with a slight head tilt. He fixed his bangs before he came in, so that was good. He sighed to himself, wrapping the warm blanket around himself tightly. This house was nice, Fallen would like a house, he just... wasn't sure. He had never had a house before.

Fallen heard a soft voice as Mars spoke of not being able to use the fire, and he simply nodded. He rustled a bit, and made himself a bit more comfortable, until he heard the soft echo of strings in his ear. Fallen's head jerked quickly, to see what had made the noise. A guitar. A white one. Fallen calmed himself, he thought it had been a violin for a moment. He relaxed on the couch, watching Mar's curiously with his single teal eye. He heard him introduce himself again, and also added that he didn't know any of them. Fallen gave a small chuckle, he didn't know anyone either. He figured he might as well introduce himself too.

"Um... Well... I am Fallen, a violinist... Pleasure to meet you."

He spoke with his smooth and calm voice, his eye wandering around the room carefully, hearing the wind outside whip around the sturdy house.

<style type="text/css">
.fallenpink b {font-weight:bold; color:#CD3278; letter-spacing:1px; }
.fallenpink .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.fallenpink p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.fallenpink {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#120D0B; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/iq8w84.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 330px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#F6CCDA; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: I guess I'll keep this going... No posting order +3

It was a woman whom would come up to Mars first, laying her body down in front of himself and his guitar. Mars let his fingers strum the guitar lightly, them dancing ever so elegantly over the strings. She had asked him if he was going to play a song, and the tri-colored man would nod his head to the gray woman. Yeah. the man simply told her. You should tell me who you are.. I am unfamiliar with you. the man brought up to the ashen female. His steel eyes then would move to another, a coyote who sat in a corner, rather creepy to Mars, who's eyes pinned on the other's, if the other would dare to look back. His attention would be taken away from the wall-hugging 'yote when a man with long bangs had spoken to him, and he'd take a couch close to Mars'. The red hued man had told Mars his name and that he was a violinist. Mars' ears perked lightly, and a small smile formed on his face. It was good to see another musician. Mars' curled tail would wag lightly as well. It was a violinist. Mars needed a violin still, along with a piano. Mars looked to the other man. It's nice to meet you, Fallen. I, myself can play the violin as well, such a beautiful instrument. I wish I had a spare so that you could join in. the man spoke, shrugging since the man hadn't had a violin and he didn't have the working hands of being able to make one himself.

Mars let a song start to play, though his eyes hadn't been on the white guitar. He knew the strings without needing to really look too much, unless he needed to do something complicated enough to have to look. He looked over to the 'yote on the wall again. Sir, you have not introduced yourself either...I figure since we are going to be together for awhile, we might as well get to know each other... it wasn't like Mars really cared, but since they were in his house, he'd at least like to know what the hell their names were. He tried to keep cool as well, simply because he couldn't believe that he got stuck in his own house with a bunch of strangers. Ii was just his flipping luck. The lest they could do was be nice enough to speak to him when he would like names.

<style>
.marsb-o10 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.marsb-o10 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.marsb-o10 b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.marsb-o10 {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/marsgift.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#AFAFAF; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:225px 0px 10px 0px; }
.marsb-o10-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Sankara

Word Count→458w (+3) :: OOC: Woops, it looks like Sankara forgot to introduce herself again X3 She's still in Secui form

Mars began to play his guitar. It was actually calming. The man's hands traveled over the strings as if they had their own mind.

To Sankara's surprise, the man asked her to introduce herself first. A curious thing, because she remembered clearly that the man had told her his name before, and that she had answered. "I-I'm sorry, i thought that i've told you my name already. My name is Sankara." But Mars wasn't listening to her anymore. He turned towards another male with a red coat and who had his right eye covered by hair. He introduced himself as Fallen. Sankara turned her body towards him and talked again. "Nice to meet you Fallen." She gave him a shy smile, and turned her head towards the guitarist, who was still playing. Sankara wasn't a singer, but in that moment she wished that she could. The melody was mesmerizing, as well as new for her.

She had already huddled on her spot, and was drifting to sleep again when Mars spoke to somebody. By pure curiosity, Sankara followed his gaze and saw Slade. Slade? i didn't see him with the group...The memories of their last encounter popped into her mind. She remembered his humour the first time that he saw her, and even when she had introduced herself, as well as anounced that she was a pack member, he had showed a hostile aura. But Sankara was easy going, and even though his first comment had hurt her, she had forgiven and forgotten. So she held no grudge against him. Still, she would appreciate if she recieved an apology, just a small one. But maybe not now. Slades paws where injured; she could notice by the way that he placed them. Another thing that she could notice was that he had no blanket.

Sankara wasn't sure wether the male wanted to see her or not. But she stood up and approached cautiously --almost reluctantly-- to the wall in which he was leaning on. She grabbed the blanket and deposited it in front of him, backing up a little bit. With the form that she was currently in, and after warming herself up, she didn't need it anymore. The grizzly female looked away. "Hi...humm, i think that you need it more than myself, so why dont you take it." Then she looked at him briefly, giving him a shy smile. "I hold no grudge against you." She made a pause before complementing her statement. "I-in case that the question arises." The female remained there, but her ear perked towards the source of the music. She wanted to lay there, listening, enjoying the moment. But she wanted to make up with him, so she remained there, waiting for an answer.

<style>
.sankara-moon p {padding:5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.sankara-moon b {color:#5a8cbf;}
.sankara-moon-b {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;-webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.sankara-moon-name {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#243c54; text-shadow:#cdeafc 0px 0px 5px; margin:-7px auto; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:25px; font-weight:bold; text-align:right; padding:10px 0px 0px 0px; width:400px;}
.sankara-moon-ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.sankara-moon {background-color:#000000; border:1px solid #5a8cbf; background-image:url(http://solacerp.net/orin/Sankara-moon.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:240px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, arial; font-size:11px; color:#becbc2; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:450px; text-align:justify; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.sankara-moon-divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #5a8cbf; width:85%; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Sorry for being late. Better late than never, right?

There was a rather important thing that Slade had failed to do, and that was to introduce himself. Like a bug he had followed the group into the house and settled down separately. As soon as a reddish-colored male made himself known as Fallen the violinist - making Slade wonder what, exactly, a violin was - Slade realized he was being a complete hypocrite. A few days ago it had been he that had been upset, to say the least, at Sankara because she had failed to state her name, and now they were both doing the exact same thing. It couldn't be more hypocritical.

Mars gave Slade an answer to what a violin was, and started to play a song. For a moment, it took Slade's mind off of his mistake until Mars pointed out that he had failed to make himself familiar to the other canines around him. "I'm Slade," he said quickly, "writer." Feeling that he had nothing else to say, he started to glance around the house, mostly so that he didn't seem to be staring at everyone like a spy of some sort.

To his surprise, Sankara got up and offered him a blanket, saying that she wasn’t holding a grudge. Guilt flooded back to Slade; what kind of miserable hypocrite was he? As much as he wanted to lay down and rest his frostbitten paws on that blanket - which suddenly seemed a lot warmer and fluffier than it had before - he knew that he wasn't about to keep this stay-away-from-Sankara act up any longer.

"I'm sorry," he blurted. "I didn't recognize you and got caught up in what I was talking about, and... take the blanket." He nosed it back towards the female's feet, ignoring his own sore pads that seemed to be screaming in protest. "I think you deserve a little more warmth than I've been giving you." He kept his gaze on the blanket, hoping that he wasn't really making a scene. He hated being in the spotlight, after all.

<style type="text/css">
.sladefreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#bacdd6; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000f3d; }
.sladefreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000f3d; text-align:center;}
.sladefreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#527d96; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... slade1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bacdd6; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000f3d; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.sladefreebe01-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px dotted #527d96; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#03+
[/html]
[html]
Sankara

Word Count→247 (+0) :: OOC: Took me an eternity to post¬¬, thought that somebody else would do it. However, i hope that you don't mind my 'Kara's motherly attitude X3

The dark wolfess' amber eyes filled with sympathy when the male coyote apologized. That was all that she needed. In that moment Sankara wanted to hug him, but then she saw his injured paws. They where frozen, and probably sore. So it surprised Sankara when he refused her offer and nudged the blanket back to her feet. She looked directly at him, surprised, took the blanket, and without words turned her head, only to throw the blanket on top of Slade's body. After doing this, she eyed the others. It seemed like they where peeking on their direction, but luckly, it was a withdrawn corner, so they didn't catch too much attention. Then she turned back to the male.

"It's no problem for me, i've already forgiven and forgotten." She curled beside him, being careful not to touch him. "And please, take it. You need it. I don't like to see people suffer ok?" The female lowered her head and huddled, looking forward to sleep. But she knew that the coyote was prideful, and that he would not take her actions very well so she peeked on his direction every now and then, checking that he didn't shrugged the blanket off.

The music was still playing; a lullaby for those who wanted to escape the chaos outside. Sankara began to drift to sleep again, and just like the last time, her thoughts lingered on the old memmories of her former pack. How did she miss those days...

<style>
.sankara-moon p {padding:5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.sankara-moon b {color:#5a8cbf;}
.sankara-moon-b {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;-webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.sankara-moon-name {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#243c54; text-shadow:#cdeafc 0px 0px 5px; margin:-7px auto; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:25px; font-weight:bold; text-align:right; padding:10px 0px 0px 0px; width:400px;}
.sankara-moon-ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.sankara-moon {background-color:#000000; border:1px solid #5a8cbf; background-image:url(http://solacerp.net/orin/Sankara-moon.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:240px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, arial; font-size:11px; color:#becbc2; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:450px; text-align:justify; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.sankara-moon-divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #5a8cbf; width:85%; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: I think we're the only people still posting here. And since there's no posting order, there's nothing wrong with me posting again, right?

To Slade's surprise, Sankara rejected the blanket's warmth once more; he thought she was going to take it back and walk away until she threw it on him. This time, he didn't feel like giving it back; the moment it touched his paws it felt like he was suddenly warm all over. He just nodded his thanks. Sankara was more right than he would have liked to admit. He couldn't help but wonder why she seemed to think he was suffering; it wasn't that terrible.

He looked at the empty fireplace for a while, imagining flames dancing around in it for a little while. He was keenly aware that Sankara was still next to him, but when he turned to see what she was doing she was curled up. Slade managed a small smile. She was fast asleep. She was a good wolf, unlike a couple he could name; she deserved the rest.

Slade decided he should probably try to do the same thing. It was February, after all; in all of this cold, there couldn't be anything better to do than sleep. He laid down, turning quickly to pull the blanket further up his body, and rested his head between his paws. His eyes closed, and he waited to fall into a deep sleep.

And absolutely nothing happened. Slade looked up at Sankara; how could one just curl up and fall asleep like that? He was not blessed with that gift, apparently. He was warm and comfortable enough, but somehow he couldn't bring himself to fall asleep. Maybe it was the fact that he was in a room full of strangers, more or less. This wasn't one of his stories; he wasn't kept awake by some feeling that told him that there was something important in the house. He just couldn't get to sleep. And oh great, now he was starting to daydream about what would happen next in his story. Brilliant. At this rate he would never sleep.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#03+
[/html]
[html]

OOC:I was waiting for Fallen to post but i guess that's not happening :/, there's also like no muse for this thread so this is a shitty post :/ +3

Mars watched the two from a far, all while strumming on his guitar softly. The man named Fallen had not really seemed interested in talking, and neither was Mars, so it was all fine to him. He just continued to play his guitar and hum along with the guitar because he did have words to the song, but he hadn't felt like he was in the right crowd to be singing to. So he simply played his guitar for them in a melancholy melody that seemed to match the snowstorm that they were stuck in. Mars looked around the room through his icy steel orbs, and he watched Sankara finally lay down and go to sleep. Slade sat there in the corner still, like a creeper and it actually made Mars rather uneasy that the other man was being distant like that. It was creepy to the Californian and he didn't like the feeling in his chest he was getting. He strummed his guitar slightly harder before the melody became calm and sleepworthy. He lulled a good amount of people to sleep, but the lingerers were still awake, and sooner or later, his song would end. His own eyes were starting to get heavy, but he was determined to be awake until these other people would sleep because them being awake made Mars nervous.

So instead of sleep, he sat there, waiting for everyone else to go to sleep, and while doing so, he would start up another song. This storm has got to be over soon...I dunno how long I'll last. the man whispered to himself while he played his guitar, both of his ears pulled flat against his head and his eyes closing while he played a song that seemed to not be of this world, when in all reality, it was a song he made long ago, when he had first listened the guitar.

<style>
.marsb-o10 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.marsb-o10 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.marsb-o10 b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.marsb-o10 {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/marsgift.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#AFAFAF; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:225px 0px 10px 0px; }
.marsb-o10-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: Muse-less Sorin lacks muse for old, sleepy thread. -_-

Slade had to admit, despite the fact that thoughts were whirling around in his mind, he found Mars's music soothing. Besides, what Mars said suggested that they should all try to fall asleep, because if nobody else intended to provide entertainment of any sort sleep was the only option. So he decided that he would keep his eyes closed and just act asleep. He wasn't going to be the only one awake during the snowstorm. And of course, this gave his mind a chance to really run off.

He started daydreaming. This storm was terrible all right, and if it was going to last a long time exactly how would he wait it out? He certainly didn't want to be the only one awake if Mars and the others decided to rest as well. Being the coyote Slade was, he decided that he would pass the time the same way he passed most days: by using his imagination and thinking up a story. Besides, the reason he couldn't sleep was probably the fact that he was in a stranger's house, and while he didn't doubt Mars's hospitality he wasn't keen on falling asleep under the Optime's watch.

Soon enough, in the fantasies of his mind, Slade found himself sitting at a warm campfire on a cool summer night, listening as a few unfamiliar coyotes sat near him and told their own stories; ghost stories, tales of fantasy and heroism, a few nostalgic recollections, and so on. The last one was particularly boring and Slade found himself beginning to nod off.

That's how I'll wait this out, he thought. I'll do what the pack of Cercatori d'Arte is all about: jus' use my mind creatively. That'll work out perfectly. I don't even have to fall asleep in a stranger's house under a stranger's watch. Because there's no telling what he could do when we're all asleep... that guitar could make a great weapon.... And before he knew it, Slade was fast asleep, back near the campfire and telling a story about a madman who had a steel guitar which he used as an excellent weapon, but somehow knowing that he wasn't about to meet that character today.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#03+
[/html]