turn on the light just to make shadows.
[html]

Claiming time! Big Grin here is the land they will claim. I wanted to make the pack territory a little diverse, and since the conception of the pack, I'd been hoping for Tayui to... expand her horizons beyond just a mountain. XD Post in whichever order you like. LET'S GET MOVING, FOLKS! WOOHOO!

She had found enough. There was Pilot, the other leader, and three other wolves to form the pack. Two she knew: Skoll and Kieran, but another was a new wolf, Zexion. Zexion appeared to have a decent amount of the knowledge of the mountain, for he had (apparently) been living there before Tayui had issued her call. She would be relying on Zexion to show them around the mountain and the surrounding lands, for this land was completely foreign to her. But the nature of it all was so familiar. Establishing a pack was a new experience, but leading it... it would be so much of her past returning. Although Fatin would not be there are her side, and the memories of Mordulin would not drift through the trees on windy days, she would hold her two friends dear in the namesake of the pack. Shadowed Sun: a pack of learning, irony, contradiction, and thought. A pack for both the pedagogue and the demagogue, the young and the old. It would be the dawn of a new day: the rising sun and the shadows cast by the trees.

Since she had met the others, they had dispersed to examine the lands. Now, she had to call them back to finally claim the land as their own. It would be theirs soon: the pack's. It would be their home. "Gather, for we will claim this land as our own: the pack of Shadowed Sun. Pilot and I await your arrival." She and Pilot had discussed matters, examining the lands and going through the procedures of how things would happen. As of now, she was unsure if Pilot would become her equal in leadership or assist her in leadership. These things would be decided with time, she was certain. With time, they would truly flourish. Now, the time had come.

[/html]
I rushed to get this up tonight. Big Grin Sorry if it's kind of blahh. LET'S GET THIS THING STARTED, PEEPS![html]

It was strange with such speed and intensity these things were happening. It felt as if only hours ago Pilot had had to leave with the rest of Storm in order to find salvation from the lethal flames. Now, he had stumbled upon Tayui and had everything to gain. Sure, he had lost a lot within the past few days, as did everyone else, but perhaps Shadowed Sun would be a new chapter in life. A chapter he looked forward to creating very soon.

Waiting with Tayui, he shifted his weight from foot to foot, twiddling his thumbs as he awaited anxiously the arrival of the others who were interested in forming this new clan. They had things to decide, the land to claim, and time was ticking away. He looked to Tayui with a reassuring grin, hoping all of the wolves would respond hastily to Tayui’s call with their presence. Once the others arrived, they could establish the foundation of their new pack.

[/html]
[html]

The apprehension: it was there. She could taste it, and it was a wonderful feeling. Her heart was pounding from the raw excitement. She could feel the adrenaline. She grinned as Pilot shifted, noting that she was not the only one feeling a little antsy at this whole experience. It was so new, raw, and untamed. The world was theirs to claim, but they would have to think things through before taking anything. There were five of them, and if they stretched themselves too thin, there would be repercussions.

She almost did not want to think about that: the crude details that would have to be fine tuned. She was excited, nervous, almost breathless with anticipation. She grinned at Pilot, returning his smile. Her grin widened, and she began to chuckle. She was almost a little worried one member might not return, but that thought was quickly done away with; she had faith in them.

[/html]
[html]
I feel irrational, so confrontational
How had he been roped into this, again?

Oh, right. He'd made the mistake of following Skoll, his morbid fascination with the idea that someone was taking his land away causing him to tail helplessly to see just how many other wolves- or weres- were here. He felt so common and short toddling around on four solid paws, but he knew he'd feel even worse on two. So he followed like an obedient dog.

And then, Oh God, there was another pair of them, their white coats dirtied with ash and grime and standing there as pleased as could be. Apparently there was some kind of kinship among them, causing Zexion to wonder if they had been part of the same pack, and here was he, the outsider looking in. As per usual.

There was something said about packs, and something about claiming his mountain- now they weren't just standing on it, they had designs on it- and oh kind sir, would you please show us around? This from the pretty lady, of course, because everyone else was eyeing him askance like he was some sort of weird beast from under the bed.

"Mm," was his generous reply.

And that was how he got roped into this. Tayui had squeezed his name out of him after giving him her own, although he was still unaware of the names of the other two males, Yin and Yang. She was nice and peppy and full of energy and Zexion wanted to rip his ears off for it. Instead he had gotten his solitude back and curled up in a hole under a tree to hide while the others pored over his land.

But if he wanted to stay, he reasoned as Tayui's irritating voice reverberated through the bark, he'd have to give up and give in. If he wanted to stay on the lands he cherished and knew, he'd have to rejoin society. And if there was one thing to be said about Zexion, it was that he was logical. He was not going where he didn't know; they would just have to learn to deal with what they didn't know.
But the reality is I'm getting away with murder[/html]

HAHA! This was easier than the others =3
[html]

Sorry I didn't get in earlier =P

The bronze warrior returned, still in shifted form, as he was nearly always anymore. His effects bounced on his hips as he explored the mountain passes and varied regions within the packland they intended to claim. It wasn't too big...and with the mountain at their backs, it would be easy to defend. That was, after all, his job. No one had told him it was, but it seemed obvious to him, and probably to those around him as well. What good was an eight foot werewolf covered in scars and with eyes and movements like his? Well...if trouble started brewing, he was there for everyone to get behind. That was about it.

He had gained some reputation for his vigilance, he was sure. After all, he'd been a guard dog for Storm for over two years, few had spoken to him during that time, but his smell had been ever present on the Storm border, and he had engaged many who had hoped to bring harm to the wolves within. This new pack would be interesting, though it saddened him to think that Storm would not reform. It had been a home to HawkWind, also known as VoidFane, his ancestor, and had been a sanctuary to himself as well. He was saddened, seeing it go. Nevertheless, he felt a lingering responsibility to Pilot, which would extend at least until the immediate future; he had entered an unspoken agreement to help him lead Storm, and he felt bound to at least see the beginnings of this new pack through. He was friends with Tayui as well, and he had no reservations about fighting to protect her or her hopes for this new pack.

"The name is fitting," he said as he approached the two white wolves. "This new dawn fights back the shadow of the night that has descended on us all. There is poetry in the it." For those who didn't know him well, it might sound strange for Skoll to speak so. He had been a lover of stories before he was a warrior, though, and had maintained that affinity throughout his near seven years of life. Following tales is what had united him with his now dead ancestor, HawkWind, and what had led him to Bleeding Souls in the first place. Tales were how he preserved his fallen comrades, and how he himself wanted to achieve recognition when the day of his death finally arrived.

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]
[html]Rushed, 'cause I got distracted. >.>

Everything just seemed to be going so fast--not that Kieran really minded the pace. He thought himself lucky to have stumbled upon another from the valley, and soon after that a familiar call could be heard. His excitement grew as the small group of five finally came together and talk of forming a new pack began. Eager to begin this new life, he had set out, like the others, to examine these lands.

His exploration was cut short with that same familiar call. One last glance around, and he darted off to find the others. When he arrived, he found himself to be the last to show up. He offered a smile to all as a greeting, hoping that he hadn't kept them waiting for long. With a glance at each wolf, and the territory surrounding them, Kieran began to feel a little more at ease. With so much uncertainty plaguing his mind after the fires, this was reasuring. Things could begin anew, and they wouldn't have to have to hang about the void of indecision for long. It was a new start for all of them, and that may have been just what they all needed.
[/html]
[html]

They had arrived: each within their own time and with their own ideas: first the mysterious male known to her as Z, who uttered but a single phrase to show he had arrived. Although she was unsure who he was or what his intentions were, he was a good enough fellow so far, and had showed her around the lands. She would have to call upon his knowledge once more in the coming days. She smiled warmly when he arrived, but said nothing. She had to wait only a short while before Skoll arrived, moving like the weary warrior he was and speaking like the poet he fancied himself to be. Kieran was the last to arrive, and said nothing, although his presence alone was reassuring. Them being there was reassurance enough for her. She smiled quietly, mulling over Skoll's words. She wondered if he had practised them since they sounded exponentially appropriate for the situation.

She glanced from one member to the next, noting that although she was the only female in the pack, she still commanded a degree of respect from all of them. From the old pack mate, old warrior and old inhabitant; it was yet another reassurance. "And there will be more poetry in the days to come. Now that we are all here, we can claim these lands as our own. Zexion, would you mind showing us to the edge of the lands? Where the mountain meets the water?" She paused. "Rather than simply claiming all the mountain, we should expand the lands so it encompasses the water, mountain, and a bit of the land around it." She looked from one member to the next, hoping they agreed with her reasoning. They would need diversity if they hoped to survive.

[/html]
[html]
He really didn't want to be here. It made him feel terribly itchy, being around other wolves after a time alone. Like he was being judged. Which he knew he was, it was how their species worked. But all the same, he couldn't ignore the urge to scratch.

The two he had travelled with arrived shortly after he had, uttering an unintelligible murmur to let Tayui know he had arrived, obedient to her calls. Skoll said something flowery and poetic and obviously premeditated, thought Zexion had to give him credit. He hadn't had that much time to think about it, after all.

Shadowed Sun. Zexion liked it. Shadows always became greater the closer they came to the light, and the mountain cast a long shadow, littered with those of the tall, stringy pines. "Zexion, would you mind showing us to the edge of the lands?" There it was again, that request to have his home taken away. Rather than muttering something about a few good hunting grounds to check out, Zexion gave a resigned sigh.

"Of course, Tayui," he said. "We're closest to the sea here, I'm sure one of you looked at the coast. We can start there."

I'm so sorry I suck D=
You guys lose! That was totally spontaneous. I'm/he's just that good =P Also, I didn't have a lot to reply to, so this post is basically pointless.

Skoll remained silent during the discourse between Tayui and Zexion. So far, he didn't get along very well with their guide. He wasn't exactly sure what he had done, though he could guess that their entry into this area wasn't putting him in a good mood. Still, he hadn't been the first, and probably not the last, to enter. Whatever grudge the gray wolf held for him, he could deal with it, provided it didn't impede whatever his duties happened to be in this new group of wolves. He hadn't gotten along with Hearse, either, nor Gibraltar--though the latter had apparently harbored more ill feeling for him than he'd let on--so he was not only accustomed to bad blood, but also accepting of it. He was willing to leave alone provided that he was left alone.

Listening to the exchange, he nodded his head, but that was all. Talking with the gray wolf was something that only Tayui had so far figured out how to do well. As long as she could continue to get him to cooperate, he would continue to stay out of the way while that so-far-fragile trust developed. In time, he would learn this territory well enough to suit his needs. For now, he was willing to skip the exploration process so long as they had someone willing to help.
Sorry this slowed down a bit guys. Let's try to keep it going! :][html]

"I agree – it’ll give us more diversity and probably a better food supply if we encompass some land around the mountain as well." He turned to Zexion, hoping that he would be able to lead the way so that their little pack of wolves could decide just where they wanted to draw their borders. In the back of his mind he reminded himself that these lands were where he would come to live if everything turned out as expected. That thought thrilled him, but also terrified him.

As he trailed after the others, Pilot thought out loud, "We also need to discuss our ranks. I’m not sure how you feel about this, Tayui, but perhaps we could place everyone at Lochos for now, until we all get settled." It was weird that they had decided to come up with a new ranking system, but at the same time, Pilot welcomed the change with open arms. Lochos for Subordinate would get some taking used to – especially the feel of it on his tongue.

[/html]
[html]
Silently, he watched Tayui speak with Zexion. It was good to have someone familiar with the lands join them, giving them benefits in quickly finding a territory and learning its secrets. Kieran couldn't be sure, but the gray wolf didn't appear to be completely happy with the change in events. But he was still here, forming a pack with a band of strangers. It was peculiar, sure, but they were all here because they wanted to be here. If not, they could just as easily leave without a word of goodbye or a backward glance.

But they were here, forming a cozy little alliance and he was glad. He was glad for a fresh start, for finding out that many citizens of Bleeding Souls made it out alive, for stumbling onto this newly-forming pack of friends and strangers. Things were changing and, for once, he was glad for it.

His attention turned to wolf known as Pilot, listening intently and nodding in agreement. A diverse territory would perfect for the newly budding pack. And then, there were ranks. Yes, ranks would be an essential thing to get sorted out along with the territory, if they indeed planned on forming a pack together. Kieran remained silent, content to allow the leaders to hammer out the details of the still forming pack for now. He was simply glad to find himself becoming part of a pack so soon after the flames had ravaged their old home. As long as he was in the company of packmates, he would be fine.
[/html]
[html]

I have a thread with Zexion where he shows Tayui around. That being said, these next posts will deal with claiming the land and explaining the ranks, so we're nearly done this thread. (:

She nodded quickly when Zexion agreed, glad to have the male to show her where things were. He had mentioned that they were near the water, and for this, Tayui was grateful. It added the diversity to the pack she had wanted, something she was glad Pilot agreed with. She smiled to Skoll as he remained silent, following Zexion as he led them through the territory. She paused only long enough to leave her mark here and there, having discussed with Pilot the size of the territory they would need. They had little comprehension of how large these lands were, but the time it took for them to make it from one location to the next marked the time well enough.

"That's right; Pilot and I discussed the matter and we found that implementing a new rank system would be appropriate. It is modelled after the Spartan system of government, and we will follow it mostly in name. Pilot and I will serve as the two kings of the Spartan society, equal in rank and from the two founding families. In this regard, Pilot and I are equals; I am the Agiad and Pilot is the Eurypontid, the two names of the founding families. The other leaders will be the Ephoroi. The Spartans normally had five, but I doubt we will ever need so many. The Lochos will serve as the new rank up from Subordinate, and as Pilot explained, will be all of your rank. Perioikoi will serve as the subordinate, and anyone who has shamed themselves or dishonoured Shadowed Sun, themselves, or a fellow member will be ranked as a Helot." She paused, trying to get her bearings. "We will have many other ranks, but the co-ranks will also serve as an important feature. Each co-rank will have a lesser and greater level. Greater levels of co-ranks are held normally by one after showing us they are truly deserving. So in this regard, you can advance both in your political rank and your actual job. The co-ranks are basic and include border duties, guardians, ambassadors, puppy sitters, cooks, grounds keepers, and anything else you might think of once we work out all the details. I'd suggest thinking what your talents are and seeing if you can create a duty that fits it." She regarded each member individually, glad they had followed her and Pilot this far. She was especially glad they had the confidence in the both of them; that they could lead this together.

Now that they had seen the coast, she looked over to where Zexion was. "Are there any lands on the edge of the mountain that would be good for hunting, Zexion? If you could show us more of the land, Pilot and I could split up and claim some territory? We could move off into two groups and survey the lands."

[/html]
[html]
They followed, and Zexion observed. He didn't need to pay complete attention to his feet, because they knew where they were going. So he analyzed his companions' movements: Skoll's sure steps, and blackie's thoughtful upward gazes, and ghost's seemingly unnoticed little grins.

They, like everything else, reminded him of things best left forgotten.

So when the sea began to call, he pulled himself up short, hoping no one was fool enough to try and go past him and fall off the crumbling stone into the water. He wiggled his toes and stared out at the steely blue as Tayui prattled on about Spartan society and ranks and jobs and gods knew what else. He wasn't interesting. They'd judge him and tell him to do this, and he would, but he would always be doing what he did best.

That would be thinking.

"Are there any lands on the edge of the mountain that would be good for hunting, Zexion? If you could show us more of the land, Pilot and I could split up and claim some territory? We could move off into two groups and survey the lands."

Funny, their alleged leader was asking him for advice. Leaders told, they did not ask. Especially of those unknown to them, those underlings. Zexion inclined his head, his ears doing most of the motion. "The forest goes on a bit down there, there's a fair deer population. Some strange little goats, too, but they keep to higher elevation. There's a creek," he looked back over his shoulder. "Some ways back and down, it leads to a pool, where things drink."

Yessss. All right, I hope everyone is still a were.
[html]

Totally short, sorry about that...but I'm drawing a blank. I can't find much to reply to.

Skoll stood by and listened to the discourse between the leader and their guide. He was still surprised that the wolf--Zexion he was called--had chosen to join their new-formed group. He hadn't liked any of them, except Tayui...maybe her draw on him was just that strong. It could be her charisma, or maybe he thought she was cute. The warrior wasn't sure...those sorts of domestic politics weren't his strong suit.

"Sounds like a plan," Skoll said, though his voice wasn't forceful. "Why don't Pilot and I head down to that pool, and Zexion can lead you and Kieran to the main hunting grounds?" He didn't come off as being on guard, but he was always observing things that others might miss in case things got out of hand. That split made the most sense to him. Zexion had to be in a group with Tayui since she was the only one he could thus far tolerate, but he was also a stranger and no one knew anything about him, so Kieran should tag along to make sure nothing untoward occurred. For the other group...well, Pilot and Skoll had a few things to discuss about the dissolution of Storm, and besides...Pilot was the smallest, it made sense that he would be partnered with the biggest. There were, after all, many people vying for territory over the mountain.

[/html]
[html]

http://avatars.ourdarkarts.net/souls/ot ... bottom.jpg) no-repeat; background-position: center bottom; width: 400px;" align="center">

Lubomir had been tracking them a while now. He was weary from the journey and so far he'd managed to find nothing. His usually sleek fur looked matted and worn, like a coat one wears so much it becomes... faded. That was the word, he looked faded. He kept his distance, partly afraid they would turn on him and partly because he had no idea how to approach these strangers. This was not the Old Country, this wasn't a pack he could just trot along with, there might be rules to follow. And surely the last thing he wanted was confrontation.

Eventually they would spot him, he knew that much. And what then. Would he just trot along and wait for them to turn on him? Or should he wait? He wearily shook his head. No. He should announce his presence. To do otherwise would be stupid indeed. He sat down at what he judged a good enough distance. Close enough to be spotted but far enough to run if they showed aggression. Lubomir let out a drawn-out howl, as if to say 'I'm here, come find me'. Really, all he could do was wait. And hope that they would admit him to the ranks or at least allow him to cross the territory. Yes, he'd been Bard in his old pack, but that was the past. He had to make do with what he would be given.

[/html]

OOC: Sorry if this is short, I have no idea what else to add. =/ Also, lack of HTML skills will kill me! ^^''
I forgot if Pilot was on two legs or four, so I’m going with four. :3 Also, welcome Lubomir!

[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... rtxela.jpg); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

"Fair enough, it will probably make the claiming go much faster so we can all settle in." Pilot offered a warm grin to the others before turning to look at Skoll. "Let’s head down that way and," he turned his head back towards Tayui and the others, "we can meet up after we’ve finished?" It came out as sort of a question, though he supposed it was rhetorical. He nodded to Skoll, and took the first steps to leading the duo away from the rest of the group. Shadowed Sun. That was their new name. Storm was no more, but he would never forget it.

His gaze traveled outward as a new voice approached them on the wind. From their vantage point, he could clearly see the outsider. "Oh, maybe we have another one to join our ranks", he commented to Skoll, before leading them down towards him. "Hello there!" Pilot called out, hoping what he had said to Skoll would prove to be true. "Can I help you?" He asked gently, as to not sound over intimidating.

[/html]
[html]

http://avatars.ourdarkarts.net/souls/others/tay_top.jpg) no-repeat; width: 400px; height: 100px;"> 

She nodded quickly, both appreciating Skoll's suggestion, and growing a little annoyed he posed the question so adamantly, making it more a statement than a suggestion. She shook her head, deciding it was the best plan they had, smiling to Skoll and beckoning Zexion and Kieran to follow her. She looked over to where Pilot was, then glanced back to Skoll. "A fine suggestion. In this case, Kieran will tag along while we explore, Zexion." She nodded to Pilot as he spoke, glad he was thinking the same thing she was. Once they had finished their exploration of the lands, they could meet up, discuss their findings, and find somewhere to sleep for the night. The next day, they could set out again, trade group members perhaps, and continue their exploration.

She inhaled, looking around one last time, holding her breath for a few seconds, then releasing it. She began to move away, pausing, and looking over her shoulder. "Another plan worthy of execution, Pilot. We can howl once we're finished for the day? We shouldn't stay out any longer than sunset since we need to find somewhere to sleep." She nodded one last time to Pilot and began to head off, trotting away, glancing at Zexion, hoping he would lead her.

Kieran and Zexion: thread continues here! Pilot, Skoll and Lubomir, you guys can continue with your posts in this thread? :3

Table by Umbra!

[/html]
[html]

Skoll followed Pilot as they approached the new wolf. It was a good omen, he decided, to have a joiner so early. The scarred male followed the white wolf as the two parties split, and came to a halt as they reached the owner of the howl they'd heard moments before. Pilot would be the diplomat here, Skoll was lower ranked in this new society they were building, but more importantly, he didn't figure that he would make any contribution by inserting himself into the conversation.

He stood a little back from Pilot, so as not to make their potential joiner feel boxed in. He made a polite nod toward the newcomer, hoping that he would come off as friendly despite his appearance. It had been interfering with day to day life a lot lately, it seemed. As it was, he wouldn't say anything until Pilot pronounced this person a new member, at which point they could head on their way. It was possible that Pilot would turn him down, but the bronze wolf didn't see any reason to do so. Furthermore, they were a fledgling pack, they needed every member they could get. He had heard Gabriel's call over the new lands some days past, and while the threat didn't scare him for his own well-being (he was equal to a fight with any Lykoi he'd met so far), it could definitely spell trouble for some of those he called friend, especially if Inferni had a pack that they could target. They would need more members to be secure against such threats.

[/html]
[html]

http://avatars.ourdarkarts.net/souls/ot ... bottom.jpg) no-repeat; background-position: center bottom; width: 400px;" align="center">

He'd been watching Pilot and Skoll closely as they approached. They didn't seem aggressive, although the yellow one did seem a lot stronger than the white. He didn't make a move to retreat, because they certainly weren't attacking. Indeed part of the pack was moving away. For a moment, he wondered if he should be scared, but when the white wolf called out to him, he decided he'd stand his ground. Trying hard not to seem aggressive without falling into submission too much, he called back,

'Hello there.' His voice held a slight lilt, an accent, if you will. His tone becoming more confident, he went on, 'I am new to your lands. I come from a place far too the West. I have been travelling for many weeks now. Your lands... he gestured with his paw over his shoulder, to the mountains he'd crossed, 'What has happened here?'

Lubomir realised he'd been most rude. Back in the Old Country, he would not act thus with another pack. He shook his head a bit and added almost sheepishly,

'I am Lubomir Varg. I come from the Old Country. I am formerly of the Dawn Valley pack, though I doubt you have heard of us. My pack... we were attacked. None but I survived. I seek only safe passage through your lands, for I am searching for a new pack. I wish to start anew. And who are you, if I may be so bold?'

Lubomir waited for the other wolves to respond. He was still a little edgy. Being around the yellow one made him feel uncomfrotable. He was still a bit concerned about a surprise attack. His eyes settled on the white wolf, for he seemed somehow the leader.

[/html]
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... rtxela.jpg); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

"Well, welcome Lubomir Varg," Pilot replied. "My name is Pilot Haddon and this land here is now known as Shadowed Sun. Over the mountains is the place where most of us lived until only a few days ago when a brutal fire savaged the entire span, rendering it completely inhabitable. If you mean what you said about looking for a new pack, then Shadowed Sun would welcome you with open arms."

He blinked his eyes a few times, feeling a sort of fatigue coming over him. He figured it was all of this change so quickly that was causing his body to feel less than tip-top. He would be happy once they finished marking out the borders so that they could all return to find a place to sleep for the night.

[/html]