Theft of Pride
[html]
I feel irrational, so confrontational
I wish I'd never gotten curious. It was all Skoll's fault, him and his toting around of his injured packmate. Who does that kind of thing? Maybe I'm just cynical, or maybe I was raised in a cave, but I was always told you don't look farther than you have to. You protected your packmates until they put you in danger, and then... Well, you dealt with them.

The operative word, "dealt", being either kill or abandon them.

Stupid Skoll. If he had never walked by, I'd never have met Tayui, and she'd never have tried to pull the sweet little girl act and make me show her around. I was resigned to the fact that I was going to have to share my home, but that didn't mean I had to make it easy on them. It didn't mean I had to show them all the places I'd already claimed, like the ridge that was so perfect for looking over the forest and seeing the deer, or that cave on the seaside.

"Do you know who came along here?" I asked her, not looking up. I wouldn't. It was bad enough I was expected to bend my neck and simper meekly, but I wasn't going to dignify the fact that she was considerably larger than me as well. To my left, the ocean roared and wailed a majestic, possessive song. Because, like me, it always wanted more, but never wanted to break for it.
But the reality is I'm getting away with murder[/html]

I totally cleared the first person with Tammi, yo. No one bite me. Alright, so I lost my muse halfway through, I'm sure you can tell. Hehe =3
[html]

She had been following him for some time, content with watching his features as they changed with his thoughts. She could not tell what exactly was bothering him, but it was certainly something unpleasant. He did not say much, and when he did, she was unsure if he was being serious or sarcastic. She had only spoken to him a few times, and figured she had quite some time to figure this all out - who he was and why he had joined them. She knew Pilot as a friend and fellow teacher and student, one who had been an Alpha for a short time, too. She knew he wished to learn as much as she did, and his prior knowledge (if minimal) as being a leader had given her confidence that making him the leader beside her was a good idea. She knew Skoll from years ago, and they were connected through the lives and deaths of those they had loved. She supposed that since Skoll was both friends with she and Pilot, it made sense for him to be here. As for Kieran, he had been a member in her pack for quite some time, too. They had explored together, reading, and trying to learn when they had been living on Ashen Mountain. But what of this male? She had never met him before, and she was curious to know more about him. Where was he from? Did he grow up in these lands? Was he an ardent lover of learning, or had he simply been roped into this whole mess?

She frowned when Zexion spoke, perplexed by the question. "The mountain? We all did, some choosing to head east around the mountain, and others like myself, choosing to make their way around the mountain by the edge of the sea. Aside from those you have met, I am unsure who else chose to take this path. It was a rather disorganized departure... I lost track of quite a few wolves. That is why it is necessary we stake our claim on these lands before another wandering group tries to." She had only been able to keep track of a few when they had left. Some had departed with her, others with Fatin, and the rest in another group, she believed. She had seen a few members and had met up with others, but many had parted ways, making their home elsewhere.

[/html]
[html]
Disorganised was an understatement, as far as I could see. It seemed that no one had paid the slightest bit of attention to anyone who was heading in the same direction as they were, except perhaps the perplexing Skoll. I was quite certain parents and children had been separated, and I just couldn't find it in myself to care. They were probably better off.

"Hm," I said instead. I seemed to be doing a lot of that, lately. "I wonder how many of you think these lands are already unclaimed." I quickly picked my way down the rocky shoreline, away from her, and pointed to the far off coast. It wasn't really that far, but this little peninsula was enough to kill a careless wolf.

"I'd say this would be the best place to lay a claim on the shoreline." Diversions. They're never enough to take away from whatever stupidity you may have unleashed moments before, are they?
[html]
Kinda late, sorry.

He followed his packmates wordlessly to the shore, looking around and feeling strangely out of place. This wasn't quite like Jaded Shadows, no, but he would grow used to it. His gaze came to rest on the shimmering waters, reminding him of the first time he'd laid eyes on the ocean. Kieran continued to watch it quietly as the two beside him spoke. It was a sort of habit of his to fall into a contemplative silence whenever he found himself wandering unknown territories. It wasn't as being quiet was necessary to do a little exploring, but he always noticed the strange silence creep up on him. Sometimes, it was almost as if he wasn't even there.

Zexion's little statement caught his attention, causing him to glance around in a fruitless search. "Are there claimed lands around here already?" Kieran hadn't ventured too far past the mountains so he couldn't be sure of any pre-established groups. If anyone would know, it would probably be their new companion here. He apparently knew the place well, living here for who-knows-how-long.

After his single question, the silence came over him again. He eyed the shoreline with that contemplative look on his features once more. Looks like he'd be seeing the ocean quite often.
[/html]
[html]

http://avatars.ourdarkarts.net/souls/others/tay_top.jpg) no-repeat; width: 400px; height: 100px;"> 

I wonder how many of you think these lands are already unclaimed, Zexion had commented. It was certainly something she had considered, but in many ways, she had hoped Zexion would inform her of any packs residing in the area she wished to claim. Although she had not yet asked, she wondered if the reason Zexion had not informed her of any was because there weren't any. She nodded to Kieran as he spoke, wondering the same thing. Although she was curious about the lands nearest to the shore, and which would be best to claim, she was now worried if someone else already had. Of course, since Zexion had suggested those lands, why would there be others there already?

"Mmhmm," she murmured after Kieran spoke, hoping that Zexion would have something of an answer. For one that had lived there for some time, she hoped that he did not lead the life of a hermit, refraining from exploring the outside world to some extend.

Table by Umbra!

[/html]
[html]
"There were."

I suppose it was too much to hope they wouldn't hear me. Of course, they had to pick up on the non-important pieces of information, and completely ignore my suggestions. I turned from the booming surf and tilted my head inquiringly towards the pair of them: the black so quiet as to have seemed not there, and my gracious new leader tilting her head right back at me.

It seemed they were waiting for more. "Not on the coast, but they're gone now. They have been for a while. It's mostly gypsy territory, here." The black was staring at the ocean as if it would swallow him, and I had to fight the relentless urge to tell him to take a step forward and break his pretty neck, seeing as he was leaning over the treacherous stone and mud of the sheer coastline.

"Watch your neck," I said instead. "It's a good place to claim because no one's fool enough to try and walk along the edges here."

Boo, I suck.
[html]Sorry this is late. School got the better of me.

Kieran’s ears perked up slightly as the grey wolf spoke about the previous residents of the area, but his gaze remained on the ocean. Gypsy territory, huh? So, his assumption had been right before. Less than a year ago, he had stumbled upon a little nomadic clan that had welcomed him with open arms. The more he thought about it, the more his assumption seemed correct. The vague familiarity of the lands had bothered him earlier, but now he was sure. The little group had passed through this region before stopping at an area to the north for a little over a week. It stuck out to him, because it was the longest the clan had stayed in one place. And he did remember heading east into Bleeding Souls when he finally left them...

His reminiscing came to an abrupt stop at Zexion’s quick little warning. Carefully, he took a step back from the treacherous shore. He had a good point. Nobody wanted to risk their neck walking around here. “I like it.” As if that fact wasn’t obvious enough with him gawking at the sea the entire time.
[/html]
[html]
Big GrinD She nodded slowly, focusing on Zexion's voice over the crash of the waves against the rocks so far below. Although the notion that no one had any claims to the land anymore was comforting, who said they might not return and try to take it? Of course, all land was like that - someone had lived there before. Certainly some humans had lived there; they seemed to claim all the land and sea to themselves, then set aside a small pocket of terrain for the animals as an afterthought. She shook her head, trying to rid herself of the small frown. This would be their land soon, with all the rights that came with it.

Big GrinD She heeded Zexion's warning, making sure not to stray too far to the edge. She chuckled quietly as Kieran spoke, but it was more his actions that amused her. As soon as Zexion voiced his advice, Kieran took a quick step backwards. Although she had little to say to all this, these new developments, she supposed she owed them something in return. "Yes, it's a little like Jaded Shadows. A mountain overlooking the waters edge. But with a history all its own," she said, smirking faintly. Of course, she would always find a way to tie history into the matter. The past, the present, the future: it was all the same to her.
Table by Mel!
[/html]
[html]
Jaded Shadows. I finally had a name for where they'd come from, and I was not entirely unamused with the fact that it appeared to be my new family's namesake. Perhaps they should have asked what I wished to name it. Maybe after my family, or something.

Then again, we'd all end up being nobodies, if I had my way. The Nobody pack, because I certainly wasn't an anybody anymore.

When the black had firmly planted his feet away from somewhere he could be pitched freely into the surf, I looked back to Tayui. Her distant eyes and thoughtful voice seemed too old for her look. I could almost read her in her eyes, and it wasn't a comfortable thing.

"Well... would you like to move on? I thought this was to get a feel for the coastal boundaries."

NOTHING EVER TOLD ME THIS WAS REPLIED TO D=