Baby Dropper Club
[html]

Powerplay approved in advance. Sorry it's late! XD I hope you like the name.

Valinta sat in the chair curled up, the small woman's legs easily fitting into the chair with her torso. At first, small twinges of pain had erupted from her fractured thigh when she left it resting, but soon, the glasses of wine that she shared with her best friend, Sky, had dulled them. Valinta made a small murring sound at the thought of wine, and rubbed her thigh in thought.

Though they were silent with each other, Valinta and Sky got the general gist of the other's thoughts through body language and memories of how they acted from the past. Reflecting, looking at the light brown woman across from her, Valinta thought about their friendship, how it had been. A tentative thing, small and frail, but then boosted when Sky had admitted her feelings about Shawchert to Valinta a while ago.

Then Valinta confided her feelings about J'adore to Sky, and their friendship got even stronger. Even when the two of them lost the children that they had, the relationship they had grew stronger and never wavered once. It was amazing how two women who had never known each other before could do that, form a lasting bond, but it happened, nonetheless. Any two women could get along, couldn't they? But three was two much.

A reason that another woman of the pack might not have been there, Orin, besides the fact that she didn't need comfort and solace from another woman, her pups born alive and well. Besides, she had been absent from the pack a few days, hadn't she?

Valinta smiled to herself and then at Sky as the other woman silently got up and poured a glass of wine for herself, and then Valinta, as she thought about Orin. The thoughts of the other woman were pushed aside as she focused intently on her friend, who was, in her opinion, more important.

"So." Valinta started. "We have some catching up to do, don't we?" she finished, half teasingly, half seriously. Yet, despite the teasing nature of the words, the seriousness of them rang through. Valinta tilted her head and sipped her wine, waiting for Sky's eventual response.

Table by Bobbi. Credit.
<style>
.vali-1 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.vali-1 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.vali-1 b {color:#ffe2d5; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.vali-1 {background-color:#dba795; background-image:url(http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/kotone/vali.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: helvetica, serif; font-size:12px; color:#67393d; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:497px; text-align:justify; padding:5px 0px 300px 0px; }
.vali-1-border {width:497px; border:1px solid #9d5351; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Blast from the past with this table. Figured it'd be appropriate! Big Grin

As Sky settled back into her seat, cup of wine cradled to her chest in both hands, she hummed in response, hinting that she'd have more to say in a moment. With a sip of wine, she smiled, head a bit fuzzy from the buzz she was slowly getting. (Three glasses later, plus some whiskey earlier on, before Valinta's arrival... amazingly good at holding her liquor, this one was.) "I suppose we do, don't we?" Doi.

"With all that's been going on, we haven't had any time to eachother lately. It's been quite the adventure getting this far, in such a short time already. We both have lovers, we've both got our lives laid out for us." Sky was, if only a bit on purpose, avoiding the topic of pups; it was a hard thing to return to, especially with Valinta who'd also miscarried her pregnancy recently. "We joined the pack around the same time, and already we've been through so much. I just hope with Spring finally arriving, we'll see some better days."

Taking in a heavy sigh, the hybrid sipped from her wine, and with a swallow, everything seemed to just come spilling out. "We've both got our hands full with our loves, don't we?" A wry smile crossed the brown-pelted girl's face as she glanced over to her company, tail flicking. "Why, your guy's from a whole 'nother pack, and mine's the alpha of all things! How'd we manage that?"

<style>
.skysong p {padding:5px 10px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.skysong b {font-family:georgia; font-weight:bold;}
.skysong-text {margin:12px 170px 10px 20px; padding:2px; width:280px; height:230px; overflow: auto; background-color:#fff; -moz-opacity: 0.8; opacity: 0.8; filter: alpha(opacity=60); border: 1px solid #68332f;}
.skysong {width:451px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/33cwspc.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2F180E; word-spacing:.1px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:0px solid #68332f; min-height:339px;}
.skysong-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#646947; text-align:right;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → didn't bother! :: Word count.. Bleh. Lol you can't read my old tables, so I got new ones. Big Grin

Valinta hummed to herself in response to Sky's humming, an old habit she had that showed up when she was drunk. Not that she was drunk, per se, as the young Russian was good at holding her liquor. Valinta was just getting a pleasent buzz, enough for her to stop monitoring things she typically took care of.

She nodded sagely, but in her tipsy state it looked more like a chicken bobbing its head. It was amusing, but Valinta was completely serious and did not notice that she looked rather stupid. "We have lots 'n' lots to talk about." she muttered and closed her eyes, listening to Sky's lovely voice.

Valinta opened one eye as she thought about what Sky had said. Their lives were planned out for them; something that the ebony-furred female wasn't the most comfortable with. She disliked having anyone but herself plan out her life and what it would be like, which had happened almost daily when she lived in Russia. "Adventure, yeah." Valinta said. She smiled, adventures being things that she loved. "I don't know if I like having my life planned out though. I don't know if I dislike it either. Or if I want to change it at all."

Valinta sighed, grateful that Sky didn't mention pups. She had lost her daughter a short while after Sky had lost twin sons. Then Gunnar and his mother had been found by J'adore and Valinta. He was adopted by them, as the female counter part couldn't bear to see a child in need. It was still a sensitive topic for her though, having lost her daughter.

Valinta took a long sip of the cool, fruity wine, and then smiled back at Sky. "More than most women our age, I think." she said softly. It was true; not many females that she knew of got mates or lovers as quickly as she and Sky had. Valinta's smile tightened momentarily, then the line smoothed out and became the usual graceful curve of a smile. "I got it by being stupid. You got it by being pretty and wonderful." the words tumbled out of Valinta's mouth, slurred slightly.

Valinta heard the word 'spring' and frowned guiltily. "Sky..." she whispered. "I'm going to leave to AniWaya with J'adore in the spring. In May or June." She looked at her best friend with deep sadness and wiped at a tear that threatened to form. Valinta shifted in the chair until she sat correctly, and her tail twitched in agitation. "I should have told you sooner. But since I lost Gloria... J'adore and I just thought it best." The words came as a weak whisper. They were a lie as well, Valinta didn't want to leave Cercatori. J'adore had thought it best. And Valinta, not thinking as she usually did, followed with his decision. But it would work out, wouldn't it?

<style>
.valintaflower .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; color:#68713f;}
.valintaflower .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#68713f}
.valintaflower p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.valintaflower b {color:#68713f; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.valintaflower {background-color:#fdfdfd; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2OtpY.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; -moz-border-radius: 1em; border-radius: 1em; padding:230px 0px 5px 0px; border:2px solid #8f7f41; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8f7f41; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.valintaflower .separator{width:300px; border-bottom:2px dotted #8f7f41; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]