And just when your heartbeat failed
[html]

OOC> First part is dated to be around March 22nd 2-3 AM and AM little power play that was approved and then jumps to the different time. There will be an OOC note to specify when.

OOC note to Sky> You don't have to be a part of this. But since you live there, I didnt want to exclude you.

He was ready for his next move. It has been awhile and no one has suspected him. It also seemed no one was suspecting more. Most of who he met regarded him kindly enough and raised no eye brows. He was admittedly a little withdrawn, but that wasn’t due to his crime. He was accustomed to living in the wilderness and alone; he was not comfortable in large groups.

He was tired up until this point, the excitement of what he was about to do pumped adrenaline through his veins. He was previously on a hunt for dinner, but he caught extra tonight and kept all the remains. Everything was going almost identically to how he killed the pup. He kept their heads; he saved the entrails and bad pieces for trail coverage and kept the meat for himself. He already stashed a log nearby his destination, Shaw and Sky’s house.

Creeping slowly down main roads at first until he was furthest away from where he normally went to spend the nights, in the wild. He then took the back alleys and roads, making his way to the house. Pit stop to a separate building to retrieve the log he had hidden and then headed to the house. He scouted it intently at first. He saw no movement; no one seemed to be awake. He still waited and scouted longer. Once he felt the time was right he came out up to the front of the house.

He began to remove items from a leather satchel. Laying the head of a two rabbits and a fox on the porch, facing the door, Argul then spread the blood he saved in a skin. He threw it so that it splattered all over the house. The scene was bloody and meant to duplicate that of Orin’s house. And in similar fashion, he covered his tracks by wrapping the entrails and guts around the log and dragging it behind him. He didn’t like this part but it seemed to be effective enough, although he assumed he was being a little paranoid by doing it. He left the log at the edge of a main intersection and headed back off to his little camp he built for the night.

OOC> Now the rest of this post would be around March 22nd, 9 am

Argul was a little disappointed that he found no takers for the care package he wanted to put together for Shawchert. Their pack leader just lost his male puppy and no one was in on the idea of making any big gift for him. But his disappointment was nothing compared to the joy he got from the gift he created. It was a beautiful piece – a leather bracer. It had an elaborate swirly design on the edges and the center held an embossed picture of a pair of eyes crying and looking at a broken heart. And while he was impressed with his own work on this piece that was not what created so much joy. The leather was crafted from Shaw’s pup’s hide. It was so bittersweet.

He leisurely walked towards Shaw’s house. He was going to present the gift to him today. He also knew that Shaw had another surprise for today and Argul knew he had to keep an act up. As he turned the corner to see the bloody scene he broke off in a small run to examine the scene, acted surprised and worrisome.

[/html]
[html]
Word Count Later.
This is totally how she'd react, too. She'd know Arg's name through Shawchert.

It was probably Argul's unlucky break that Sky had been the first to awaken, lured into the waking world early by the familiar smell of blood and gore. She'd gotten up in confusion, mind clouded by her unwelcome wake. The hybrid hadn't really known why she'd gone around back to check on Casper, but it didn't take long to figure it out. The goat had been fine, tucked into the back corner of the livingroom, peaceful and sound... but the blood smell was still there. She made her way to the front door, curious to see if someone had gotten hurt or something.

The moment she opened the door, the entire town lit up with a brilliant, terrified shriek. She found herself actually leaning on the blood-stained door, unable to pull her eyes off the scene before her. Bloody mess it was, made worse by the disembodied heads laying no more than a foot away from her door.

"F-fuck!" The strange part was, even as she held her hand to her mouth, the other jammed up between her and the doorframe, the fear in her eyes was countered with a sudden rage. The same gore had been obvious around the time of Orin's disappearance, from what she'd heard. Whatever it meant, she knew damn well she was in danger, if not directly, than through Shawchert.

It was the heavy thud-thud of paws heading her way that snapped her out of it, and she looked up to spot one of the pack's newer members running over. Various responses to his sudden arrival zipped through her head; one of the main ones was sadly anger, if only assumedly misplaced. She didn't know this male, and he was unfortunately the first one on the scene other than herself, the victim. The rage in her eyes took over the fear, and she snarled at him without warning.

"I swear to God, Argul, if you know anything about this, you'd better speak up!" She didn't even seem to care about the blood on her housecoat and fur, as she stood straight and took a step out onto the porch, dead-set on taking out her mixed emotions and shock on the poor guy. Even as she yelled at him, though, her eyes hinted to that fear that refused to leave her voice. "If I find out you had anything to do with this, I swear to God, your head will be the next one without a fucking body!" Girl really sucked balls at being a part of a pack.

<style>
.skybird01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.skybird01 p {padding:2px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:95px;}
.skybird01 b {color:#000000; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.skybird01 { background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:0px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 100px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
#382 OOC: sooooo yeah... he is all like wtf is happening at the very start XD /div>

Shaw was not able to get a good nights sleep until that night, he had been so tired he feel asleep as soon as possible, but what woke him was not his mate to be snuggling against him, but a scream coming from the doorway of the house. In which Shawchert was awakened by and he fell to the floor in a mad scramble. he though that something had happened to her, which in a way she had been attacked... well the house had and that was a direct hit to the woman. He rushed out to see the carnage... just like with his son, and the memory of the whole day had come back. Someone was playing games with him. He growled but it was unheard as Sky started yelling. Argul was coming up, and Shawchert didn’t know what to do, but he was sure he should stop Sky from making a mistake. he put his large hand on her shoulder. He didn’t say anything but his eyes trailed onto Argul. he had been shocked and unhappy with the scene. And he could see why Sky would pick Argul as the victim of her rage, but he didn’t deserve it, at least that’s what Shaw thought. He had no idea of any implications of what his packmate had actually done.

“Calm love, it may be a cooincidence.”

He said knowing her rage will come onto him, but he was use to this, and at least his new pack mate wouldn’t have ot get the brunt of the whole thing. Or he may have who knew. He just knew he was going to be cleaning up. He was glad to see from the heads, however, that they were not that of any of his members... or remaining children.

“I’m afraid you have come to pay us a visit at the wrong time Argul.”

Shawchert had been much more reserved since the death of his son and lost of his daughters. He was quieter, and had fewer things to say. He wanted to know who did this. who was trying to toy with Shawchert. He’d find out who it was and they would pay for what they did to an innocent child, for everything.

<style type="text/css">
.shawrain b {font-weight:bold; color:#b1f4ff; letter-spacing:.5px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3b566b; }
.shawrain .ooc{font-style:italic; padding: 10px 15px 5px 15px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#4c5658;text-align:center;text-shadow:none;}
.shawrain p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px 10px 15px; margin:0px;}
.shawrain .divider {width:360px; border-bottom:1px solid #a1c5f1; margin:0 auto 3px auto;opacity:0.4;filter:alpha(opacity=40);}
.shawrain {margin:0 auto; width:390px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... tsee-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 350px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#a1c5f1; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #182835;}
</style>
Table by Gen
[/html]
Stunned, he stopped, looking at the female; eyes wide as she spoke to him. At first he had no response, and his mind raced. He wasn’t expecting this, or this type of reaction. He had to play shocked, hurt and act generally dismayed that he got blamed for this. Putting on his best face, and should be surprisingly good at it. He has been murdering most his life and gotten away with nearly all of them. And he was no youngin’. He was slightly surprised as he was able to force a lone tear to drip down out of his eye and wet his fur on his upper cheek. He smiled inwardly at his skill, wondering if he has actually gotten better.

His mouth began to open to reply to the angry female, Sky, as he saw Shaw come out of his house. He snapped his mouth shut and watched Shaw, studying his reactions. He had to work to keep his hurt look on his face. He nodded politely as Shaw spoke to him and then he spoke to both. Sky's threats didn't really effect him. No not someone who could murder a pup and eat it, but he kept the surprised and hurt visage on for the sake of his 'game' with Shaw.

“I am glad to see no one is hurt, then?” He asked, half a question, half his own observation. “I have no idea who would do such a thing, nor have any knowledge on one who could be as bold and loathsome to do such a detestable act to your home. If I had known, I would have fought on your behalves or, at a minimum, given you what information I known.” He knew Shawchert seemed to like this respective behavior and the way he talked, but he was unsure of Sky. He regarded Shaw almost as if he was a king and therefore would treat Sky as a queen. He was hoping this wouldn’t cause further problems, but he did not know her well enough.

“Might I offer a hand in helping to clean this… mess?” He slightly smiled, keeping the twinge of sadness in his look and voice. The question was asked to Shaw but focused towards Sky - Argul was trying to show good manners and noble thoughts by not intending a female to have to deal with a scene like this. He stood gripping his bracer, he didn’t feel it was quite right to offer the gift to Shaw until the female has cooled off and things calmed down a bit.

His mind began to formulate and calculate as he looked at Sky. She could be his next way to hurt Shaw. He wasn’t sure how just yet, but he knew he wanted to befriend her for now. There could be good opportunities to use her. Even if it wasn’t a killing, there were things that could cause pain and grief in Shaw’s life that did not deal with death. But, he thought to himself, she would be a fine creature to cause some pain to, to cut her open as well. He quickly threw those thoughts out for the moment; he had to focus on the tasks at hand.
[html]
Fail post. :/

When Sky felt her fiance's hand on her shoulder, she snapped her arm up to slap it away, whirling so she faced them both in a way. "There are disembodied heads on my front porch, Shawchert Menue. Don't you tell me to calm down." She moved to shove a finger in his face, when Argul started speaking. Blah blah blah. It was when he descriped the damn criminal as 'bold' did she snap again, eyes locking back onto his face, digging deep into his own eyes.

"Bold? Uh-uh. No." Tearing away from Shawchert in a meaningful stomp, she trudged straight across the bloody deck and stopped infront of the other male, scowling darkly. "The sick ass fucker who did this is a coward. Bold would be stepping up and barking their message to our faces, instead of scarring the entire household with cryptic nonsense and a waste of meal." She pointed to the deck, mind racing. "That's not bold. That's just plain idiotic and cowardly."

She paused, then finally seemed to notice his crestfallen expression. For a moment, she wanted to slap it off his face... but she held back, and sighed, pinching her brow between two fingers. "Fuck... okay, whatever. Fine. Not your problem, you didn't do it." She glanced up at him from behind her hand. "At least you better not have." She took a step away and trudged back up the bloody stairs and to Shawchert, effectively glaring daggers into his skull as she paused to grab up the heads by the ears. "Find out who did this, so I can deal with it. I don't care who this was for, or if they're a packmate; I'm going to choke them with their own intestines when I get a hold of them. So help me God."

That said, the hybrid girl stormed back inside, intending on getting cleaned and dressed so she could at least look as if she knew what she was doing. The entire time, she muddled in her head about what had happened, and why. With all that gore, you'd expect some sort of real threat. Now that I think back, it kind of resembles what happened to Shawchert's son. She remembered for a moment as she trudged up the stairs, bloody heads still carried, how she'd cried when she'd heard about the horrible death of the kid. Cercatori D'Arte just wasn't safe anymore....

<style>
.skybird01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.skybird01 p {padding:2px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:95px;}
.skybird01 b {color:#000000; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.skybird01 { background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:0px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 100px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
WC: 400 OOC: my post is meh … Sad

He should have known there was no stopping her when she started, but at least he directed the brunt of her anger at him rather than the concerned pack mate, but that didn’t last long as he started speaking and soon she went off on a rampage of what the wolf who did this was a coward. In a way Shawchert agreed. Rather than face Shaw like a real wolf he hid in the shadows doing stuff like this. His stomach felt queasy thinking about it, but he would not throw up. Not in front of these two. The whole scene just reminded him of his son. Was this a reminder that the wolf that did this to his son was still around? It had to be and as far as Shawchert knew they were a part of the pack, he could not smell anyone else, though... he had a hard time tracking anyone when he went searching for Orin after seeing his son’s disembodied head. He took a defensive stance as she turned and moved to him. He heard her, but he knew he wanted to be the one to rip the murderer from limb to limb. Right now he knew she was just thinking about her house, so Shaw didn’t think she put two and two together just yet as her anger was at a critical point. He turned quietly to Argul.

“She will calm down. She has a special … love for this house and anything out of place tends to make her angry.”

Yes he was trying to pull it off as though he were not angry, and he was doing a good job of it. He wanted to find this ridiculous killer to throttle him with his bare hands and then cut his head off and mount it with the others in Inferni that he’d seen once before, to add to just another collection.

“It is very kind of you to offer to help, but I’ll do it, I know how to actually clean it up without her trying to go over it again. Were you just passing by or was there something you needed?”

He asked. He had quite a bit of work ahead of him, he thought as he kicked a thick piece of end trail off the porch as he moved down the steps.

<style type="text/css">
.shawrain b {font-weight:bold; color:#b1f4ff; letter-spacing:.5px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3b566b; }
.shawrain .ooc{font-style:italic; padding: 10px 15px 5px 15px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#4c5658;text-align:center;text-shadow:none;}
.shawrain .divider {width:360px; border-bottom:1px solid #a1c5f1; margin:0 auto 3px auto;opacity:0.4;filter:alpha(opacity=40);}
.shawrain {margin:0 auto; width:390px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... tsee-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 350px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#a1c5f1; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #182835;}
</style>
Table by Gen
[/html]
ooc> both your posts were great! If anything, mine is a little lame, it barely moves forward with anything :/

He put a paw up towards Sky, he wanted to respond. She was so angry, going off and threatening. He acted surprised and hurt, still. His mouth opened several times to try to explain, but always snapped shut in the end. He sighed audibly, he wanted them to see he was trying. He eventually put both his arms down to his side and stood and took it.

As Sky left inside he turned his attention to Shaw. He thought it was one of the hardest things to do... to hold the smile he had. How beautifully this worked and he didn’t even have to kill a wolf to get the rise. Which only made him more curious; his next goal had to be another wolf, hopefully a pup. He needed another victim. All this running through his mind as Shaw spoke, which made his voice seem muddled and distant.

“I understand.” He said respectively and feigning like he was hurt at being accused.

“Well, I…I am afraid this may not be the appropriate time and it is not quite the setting I was hoping to do this in.” He held his hand up, holding out the intricate leather brace to Shaw, his ‘pack leader.’

“I wanted to give you a gift in memory of your fallen child.” He stumbled a bit in voice, not so much in sadness, but in disappointment. He did want the whole pack to give the gift. He figured that would make the event so much sweeter. A bracer made of Shaw’s pup’s hide as part of a pack gift to Shaw himself. He could’ve said more, he could’ve told Shaw how he tried, and told him that he spent a lot of time on this. But he wanted to keep Shaw’s respect and friendship more than anything at this point. He kept silent and offered him the beautiful bracer.
[html]
WC244
OOC:think this is about it, short but sweet thread ^^

Shaw didn’t know the game that the man in front of him was play, nor did he seem to suspect that there was something off about him, but he was grateful for the kindness. As the man offered him something shaw was about to refuse but then as he saw it, how well it was made and all the work put into it. He could not say no. Wordlessly he took the brace made of his child, though he didn’t know it.

“Thank you very much. I do appreciate it. This is beautiful.”

Shawchert put the brace around his wrist, which fit perfectly, giving his wrist some breathing room, but not so loos it would fall off. It was absolutely perfect.

“I do not know how to express my gratitude, I’m very thankful though.”

Shaw said quietly staring at the brace he had on his wrist. the eyes did remind him of his son... though in a comforting sort of way. The sad eyes did make him feel conscious so he had to move it to the outside of his wrist so it wasn’t so easy to see them. He looked back at Argul, wishing he had more to say, but he didn’t

“I best be getting this place cleaned up. So Sky won’t have to. I think this was directed at me... she shouldn’t be the one to clean it up.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Gen
[/html]