Tell me a story with a happy ending
[html]

Now then? Tongue

I'll be waiting here to meet you

The milky white female was far from ‘home’. She would describe this as a duty, a job, and therefore she was spared for feeling bad. Other packs had been established. Colibri had made her way through the neutral areas, but she had picked up scents of at least three packs on her way. This too was a pack area, but this time she had planned to interact with the members. She wanted to know how other wolves had gotten out of the tragedy, as well as who had gone where. She had barely gotten into Storm before everything burned, and she had gone her own way after that. She could smell the past alpha male of Storm in these lands, but there was also another female she remember from far back in time. Tayui. Had they not considered themselves friends back then? Colibri’s memory was failing more and more lately, and she could no longer determine what was truth and what was made up. Nevertheless, they had known each other in the past, and for some reason, Colibri wanted to see her again. Maybe Tayui could repair some of the damage and offer some news about what actually had happened around here after Colibri so foolishly had parted from the lands and let everyone down.

The five year old female lifted her face to the sky and let a howl rise over the land, calling for Tayui and none else. She was by the borders, but could not be accused for trespassing. She did not want to deal with any other wolves than she chose at time being, and she hoped the right canine would show up and grant her some decent company.

Dying to meet you

[/html]
[html]
Big GrinD551 words. Don't feel obligated to match my length! (: I meant for this to be short, but that did not quite work out. :<

Big GrinD She was content; this new life was serving her well, and it was only because she had chosen to make it herself. Everything was so different now, and she was proud of herself for making it so far. When the fire had just began, she had wondered if she would be able to part with her beloved pack. The people, the lands and the memories had saved her so many years ago. She had felt like she was losing so very much when she left, and now that Fatin was gone, it felt like she had closed that door of her life for forever. It was a strange feeling, too, to start something this large: a pack, that was. She had entered Jaded Shadows as the Omega, lowest of the ranks, and managed to work her way to Alphaship. She had created a life for herself, and now, she was creating a new life. It included old and new friends, and some whom she hoped to befriend in the meantime. But she was happy.
Big GrinD All this creation business, however, took a lot of work. She was a little paranoid about the borders, and was constantly roaming through their new lands, ensuring that the borders were marked and that no one was trespassing. This was her home now, and these borders were her pomerium, her sacred boundary. As much as the pack included Spartan and Athenian ideals, why should it not encompass Etruscan ones, too? She smiled at the thought, thinking how so many of the ancient civilizations were intertwined, merging together at points, and remaining completely different at others. Everything she was learning from her books she could apply in her pack, and all she was learning from being a leader served as the practical knowledge.
Big GrinD She slowed her steps, shaking her fur as she paused for a moment to rest. She had been moving for hours now, and a break would be more than welcome. She was about to sit down when she heard the call of another wolf, requesting for her presence specifically at the borders. It was not a member of the pack, and for a moment she was a little annoyed, thinking it might be a joiner. Although it was not a law everywhere, it had always seemed as though it would make the most sense to howl for a border guard to speak with, then an Alpha later. Although, she could not assume it was someone seeking sanctuary in the pack (as nice as that would be, for Shadowed Sun was in need of more members). She howled back in return, replying with a quick, I'm coming so they knew for certain she would arrive.
Big GrinD It took her only a short time to reach the borders where the other wolf was. The wolf was pure white, almost ethereal. For a moment, she wondered if the stranger was a ghost, but she had seen enough in her lifetime to know that this was flesh and bone: a living creature. She frowned as she neared, catching the other wolf's scent on the wind. It was familiar, that she knew. But who was it? She did not frown, but instead smiled in the midst of her concentration. "Hello." She said, then paused as realization dawned. "Is that you, Colibri...?"

Table by Mel!
[/html]
[html]

I fail at matching your post length

I'll be waiting here to meet you

A howl rose up from within the pack land and Colibri waited patiently for her old acquaintance to make her arrival, content with the fact that she had remembered right and it was in fact Tayui that she had caught the scent of. It took not long at all for the other female to arrive, and Colibri bowed her head in respect, making sure the status between them was clear as crystal water, but her eyes sought out Tayui's, meeting bi-colored orbs that she could remember. For a moment she was unsure if Tayui could remember her at all, but all of a sudden fog seemed to rise and Tayui was able to call her by name. That was more than the colorless female had expected, and a smile bloomed together with a short nod in confirmation.

" Indeed, surprise surprise. " Colibri gave a little laugh, tilting her head, letting her eyes search for changes in the female after all this time, but her mind did not want to cooperate, so she could not determine how the time had treated the other female. She was not sure if Tayui in fact was the leader of this pack land, but she could easily imagine it, seeing the wolves that stayed longest seemed to naturally climb the ranks to the top. Colibri too had been a part of the long time elite and leader, so it was only natural that Tayui was one now, unless not suited at all.

" I must say it is odd seeing you again after such a long time. How is life treating you? " It felt a bit wrong to go straight to business, and she wanted to catch up a bit. If the other light female had the time, maybe she could update her a bit on the happenings around in the bleeding souls lands after Colibri's final disappearance.

Dying to meet you

[/html]
[html]
Big GrinDNo worries~ I wouldn't want to match that post length either, eww. >___<;

Big GrinD Colibri. There had been another with the same name; a puppy she had met in Clouded Tears some time ago. She never did discover the origin of the youth's name, nor if she was in any way related to this Colibri, for the puppy had departed soon after giving her name. Tayui, too, had left, for she had no business in the pack lands at the time.

Big GrinD She regarded this Colibri with a mixture of happiness, curiosity, and interest, wondering if they were something of friends, or if that too had been lost in the pages of history. If anything, Tayui would not blame her for reverting to her previous opinion, for before they had become friends they had been something of enemies, or rivals perhaps. She recalled that she had met one of Colibri's puppies once or twice, and wondered if this had been the source of some of the tension between them. Her memory of those times were rather foggy, and she only remembered the other's name because of that puppy.

Big GrinD She nodded as Colibri spoke, chuckling quietly. Indeed, the other female's presence was a surprise. Of the many wolves she had met in the past, she never expected to encounter them again. She wondered if Colibri had been here the whole time, just beyond the mountains. She grinned as Colibri mentioned the strangeness of the meeting, finding it curious that they had somehow found one another after all this time. "Life has indeed been kind to me; so much has happened since I saw you last. What was it, one, two, three years ago? It feels so long ago," she said with a chuckle. But everything before the fire was beginning to feel old, a past chapter of her life. Everything before Shadowed Sun was something distant and far off.

Table by Mel!
[/html]
[html]
Colibri’s mind had searched helplessly in the history book within her head, but she had problems recalling the relationship between Tayui and herself. As it was now, they were both apparently positively surprised to see each other again. At least that was how it was from Colibri’s side. It was always good to see some old well-known faces again. There were other canines she remembered better than others, as Ahren and his family, but that was because they had been unpleasant, and therefore she still somewhat considered him as a possible threat. He still lived, at least he had before the fire consumed everything. She was still scared of him. That was Colibri in a nutshell. She was afraid of everything it seemed, she was an unstable soul, and she was truthfully wondering what she was doing trying to lead a pack.

She was happy to hear of Tayui’s wellbeing. Of course a lot must have happened, and the milky white female wanted to know the main headlines. ”Must have been two at least? Or something. I don’t really know how much time has passed. Do you have any worthy gossip for me?” The question was given with humor and a small chuckle in the end. Oh, the good times had come and gone. She wanted to be able to clearly glance behind and remember it, but everything was blurry and without much value. So depressing, her life was over.

[/html]
[html]

Big GrinD Tayui chuckled as Colibri replied. Her old friend seemed to have just as much trouble calling forth the time that had elapsed during their separation. It seemed as though one day Colibri had been there, and the next, simply gone. Tayui had looked for her, wondered where the other had wandered off to, but had ultimately given up. So many disappeared in Bleeding Souls- they were sucked right in and never heard of again.

Big GrinD She smirked at the other female's question. She had tried to keep up with the latest occurrences, but sometimes... it was harder than it sounded.

"You've no idea how much changed. Ceres died... I believe. I can't quite recall. In any case, Laruku Tears took over... were you here for that? You were, weren't you? He remained until the fire, but I haven't heard from him in some time. He had puppies. With Kaena Lykoi, the old leader of Inferni. Three or four - I haven't met any of them, but I heard of the birth. Kaena and Fatin Kali were rather close. After Kaena disappeared - after having her puppies, no less - her son Gabriel took over Inferni. Jaded Shadows went through some interesting times, but I cannot even begin to tell you the half of it. It would take me ages, and some of it I wouldn't feel right disclosing for the sake of privacy," She sighed, then began to laugh. How could she ever tell Colibri all that happened, especially the gossip? Where would she start? How could she even begin to separate one time from another? “What about you? Where have you been all this time?”

Table by Mel!
[/html]
[html]

---

[Image: spacer.jpg]

The past did not matter, it was what happened now, and the two females recognized each other as past acquaintances. Colibri had indeed left quite suddenly. Ahren had scared her, yes, but that was not a solid explanation she could have given, neither was it the only reason. It was at that time Colibri had begun to feel that her life was falling apart, and fast. So she tried to restart, but it had all failed. She had only proved that she was good at running from her fears and responsibilities. Not a good ability to look for in a leader of a pack. She doubted herself already. Tayui started to hand out some gossip. Ears flattened slightly as Ceres Sadira was mentioned. Her alphess had died a long time ago, and the pain by hearing her name was dulled down to a little sting that she easily could live with. This she knew, and she nodded when the other female asked if she had been there.

Her eyes widened as Laruku was dragged into the tittle-tattle. Children with Kaena, the former Inferni leader? No, she absolutely had missed out on that. Fatin and Kaena? Unheard of(in Colibri’s opinion)! Gabriel was unknown to the ivory female with the gray orbs, but if the rest of his name (de le Poer) had been mentioned, she would have guessed easily. She just shook her head in slight confusion, not really wanting to believe what Tayui had revealed of the strange bonds that seemed to have appeared between wolf pack leaders and the coyote clan. Laruku and Kaena and Fatin..? She just repeated the names, shaking her head slowly, trying to take it all in.

Laruku’s children, do they live with Inferni or a wolf pack? It was not fair to ask, as Tayui doubtfully knew the answer to her questions as she probably never had been a part of Clouded Tears or anything. Gossip was something that reached many, but few actually had proper knowledge of the happenings. She let the topic fall for now and went on to the Shadowed Sun wolf’s questions. It was easy short and simple to explain, because Colibri was dull. Actually, I have simply wandered around as a loner after I left Bleeding Souls behind.. I met up with my son, Haku, in the start, but.. Oh no. -we parted after a while and went in different directions. I don’t know what made me come back, maybe I got enough of the loneliness and wanted to go back to what I left. Impossible of course, especially now after the fire..

[/html]
[html]

Big GrinD My brain is exploding from studying. Yay, reply! Big Grin

Big GrinD Tayui chuckled again, this time at Colibri's reaction. Indeed, it had all happened so slowly that she had accepted it as another abnormality of the day. But when one compiled all that had happened and put them together, it sounded much more far-fetched. Indeed, she had barely been able to believe the news of a wolf from Clouded Tears and a coyote from Inferni having puppies together. Even stranger, she had suspected something of a quiet pact between Kaena and Fatin, for her former co-leader had a soft spot in her heart for the coyotes. Tayui had never figured out why exactly, but in dealings with the coyotes, she had found that Fatin was more forgiving than she was.

Big GrinD Tayui merely shook her head in reply to Colibri's question. She knew nothing of what had happened to the children conceived by Kaena, especially considering the destruction caused by the wildfire. She had never given the coyote's (wolves?) whereabouts much concern, and since the fire, everyone became more difficult to locate. Colibri's explanation of her disappearance made her conclusion even more resolute. The children could be anywhere, wandering in the same manner Colibri had been.

Big GrinD She nodded quietly as Colibri spoke, wondering what a life wandering might be. For so long she had had a home- even after the fire, she and Pilot created a new one. To wander (aimlessly?) without one seemed daunting, if anything. "Unfortunately, all that remains of the familiar is ashes." She frowned. "Where are you now? Have you a home?"

Table by Mel!
[/html]
[html]

I dont mind this thread being slow. I like 'cathing up' threads.
[WotD]

[Image: spacer.jpg]

She was not even sure if she held any interests in Laruku’s children. He was long lost to her, and she was slowly accepting that she could never again pick up the mother name for him. She did not even know if he was alive, nothing. The fire had ruined everything. If it had not happened, it would probably have been easy enough to search up the individuals she wanted, because of the stabile packs and wolves in the area. Now everything was scattered and uncertain. Tayui did not know, and the gray eyed female discovered that it was not much disappointment that entered her system. His children would never know who she was, and they would very unlikely care at all.

The Shadowed Sun wolf’s words were so fitting. All that remained of the familiar was in ashes. Everything was as it used to be then, for the milky white female with the sad eyes. The rosea shifted her weight lightly and gave a little nod, letting her eyes wander to the left of the female, seeing movie glimpses of a far more happier past. Acid. Lisichka. Her first litter. It was worth nothing, it was as if they had never existed, and it was a terrible thing to think of. This was a broken home. Platinum eyes returned as Tayui spoke up and asked her what her current status was. Colibri thought she might would have preferred loner again.

Actually I found one of Ceres’ granddaughters and founded a pack. Dahlia de Mai. It was all so strange. Her name is Cercelee, and she looks so much like her grandmother, except for a few details. It is strange where coincidences lead you. Indeed. In a way, it softly triggered a choler in her. The past was over, but the ghosts stayed and haunted her again and again and again. She wanted to be free.

[/html]
[html]

Big GrinD Same here.

Big GrinD Tayui's soft smile turned into a small frown as she watched Colibri shift uncomfortably. For a moment she worried that her first comment might have upset the other. No matter how poetic she could try to make it sound, they had both lost a place they had once (even for a short time) considered to be their home. No amount of fancy words could cover that up.

Big GrinD She nodded, her smile returning as Colibri spoke. She was a little relieved Colibri had someplace to call home, and a little sad, too. She would have liked to invite the female to reside in Shadowed Sun, but that would hardly be appropriate. She had founded a pack- certainly she would rather remain with that pack for some time. But then again, she did not know much about Colibri. She had met with the other female a few times in the past, but Tayui was uncertain what that might count for. She knew a Colibri from years ago- who knew how much this one had changed since? Any any case, it would be a good time to start an old friendship anew. If there was one thing she had longed for in these new lands, it was her old friends and old memories. She could recall the past with relative ease, but her friends were more difficult to find. It would be good to begin anew. "Dahlia de Mai," she repeated quietly. "Is that far from here?" She was curious where this pack might be. She hadn't had the time to explore, and whenever she thought about venturing out of the pack lands, she felt like she was abandoning her own pack. She would have to try and visit Colibri- and Cercelee- sometime.

Table by Mel!
[/html]
Posting from work 8-(

[html]
Sadly it was far away from Shadowed Sun lands. Of all the packlands she currently had been to(not many, but she was sure this was the pack that was located longest to the east, quite a walk from Dahlia), this had been the longest walk. Would take quite a while to get back home, and she was always careful with the Inferni lands, as they always had been hostile in her living years, and probably before that too.

Quite, I'm afraid. So I doubt we will see much of each other to be honest. Nevertheless, the mere thought that Tayui was here would be enough. She would always have a place to go if needed. You should maybe come visit us sometime? Soft smile played on her features. Colibri doubted she would see the white female anytime soon, if ever. The packs were all too fresh, and they were needed in their respective lands until the mess from thefire had settled down.

[/html]
[html]

Big GrinD Tayui frowned, a little peeved that Colibri had chosen to join a pack so far away. Although it was not the other female's fault, it seemed like she would have to go way out of her way to visit her old friend. Although she did not mind doing this, it just made things more difficult. With all that was going on in the pack, finding time to venture out a short way from the borders was becoming a challenge. She just hoped she would be able to find Colibri when the time came. She did not want to lose her as a friend for a second time, after all. She didn't want to hear that Colibri had disappeared again before she could find her.

Big GrinD "That's unfortunate," she lamented. "But I will certainly visit you sometime. I suppose you know as well as I do how hectic these last weeks have been. I've lost track of a few friends, including Fatin. The last I heard, she had formed a pack a ways away. I still need to visit her, among others," she said with a shake of her head. "Everything has changed, now." The obvious truth.

Table by Mel!
[/html]
ooc; tadaa Big Grin
ic;
Colibri had never been involved with Fatin in any way, so she let those words concerning the former beta or alpha pass in silence. Jaded Shadows had been the pack she had visited least, and she had never really met many of the leaders that had been there. Of course, she remembered Mordulin and Salvaged, but that was it, she believed. Everything changed. The old packs and their lands were dead and gone, and Colibri could do nothing but sigh and dream of the lost days, months and years when she had been happy. Yes, things do change.. How depressing. She shifted slightly and quietly announced that she intended to leave. I still have some walking to do around these new lands because I can go home, so I should better be going. However, we shall meet again, Tayui. I know where you live. That was it, really. A soft smile and a respectful nod in the alphess' direction. Then it was done, and she floated away like the ghost she truly was. Shadowed Sun was crossed over in her mental check book, and she went to next duty on her pathetic and depressing list.
[html]

Big GrinD She nodded quickly, glad she would be seeing the other female again. She had a lot to talk to Colibri about, and miscellaneous musings she had no one else to tell. Even if they had never been all that close, Tayui supposed that their initial, mutual dislike of one another brought them closer in the end, for each had said rather nasty things to the other at some point. Perhaps she was just crazy, but even if she had never spoken to Colibri all that much in the past, it would be nice to strike up a real friendship with the other female.

Big GrinD "Good," she said with some finality. "I'll see you again soon, then." Tayui returned the smile and the nod, watching as the other female departed, and wondering when she would see the other luperci again.

Table by Mel!
[/html]