Teach me what mother won't
[html]
300+
For Aunty Ghita Big Grin doesn't really help you reply :c accidentally long xD

Silvano sat in the hallway, yes the hallway. He had a book in his hand, choosing to forsake the library chairs and floor there for the narrow hallway leading to it. Why it was here that he wanted to sit, he had no idea, but he did know that he was feeling nicer here, more cozy. It was strange, but the Sadira yearling could not care much about it, choosing to read the recipe book in the quiet of this narrow part of the house. There was honestly no reason why he was reading this particular book, but he did know that it was a very interesting read. He had skipped all the entrees, though they were so delightfully appetizing; basted roasts, smoked meat, grilled, boiled, fried. Granted he had never tried anything really fried but that was due to the fact that oils were hard to come by unless it came from roasted pig and that was rare enough.

But the youth had skipped those and the appetizers (which were mostly vegetables anyway), and straight to the sugary treats that made humans fat and round. He skipped past the dry muffins and found the cakes. The pictures were faded and yellowed but they looked delicious regardless. The little descriptions called them moist and sweet, and the frosting as thick and rich, and the Sadira really wanted to try them. But all the ingredients would be next to impossible to find, especially since most had already long since expired. Oh but what would he do to have tasted some of this stuff in the book. Sugar was hard to find, and Silvano could not help but think these would remain dreams. His stomach growled slightly and he huffed, putting down the cook book and looking at the other book beside him.

He was not really keen on reading it, but he did know that in it, the women all cooked for men, but now it seemed like it was whoever caught something made it, or else offered now and then to do it rather than let the women do it all their own. "Huh, why was it all the women cooked?" he asked the wall, staring blankly at it. "Why did it matter?" he muttered, scratching at his stomach slightly. "Women.. women.," he rambled, thinking about them. He had not yet really had that legendary crush all yearlings supposedly had. So he had to wonder what the big deal was. "What's the big deal about girls?" he muttered. See? He had no idea.

<style type="text/css">
.pen b {font-weight:bold; color:#8c8072; letter-spacing:1px; }
.pen .ooc {text-align:center; font-style:italic; padding:10px 35px 0px 35px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.pen p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 21px;margin:0px;}
.pen {width:420px;border:1px solid #000;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... riting.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:355px;background-color:#564636;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:tahoma, serif;font-size:13px;line-height:14px;color:#c3b4a1;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/2166/ghitattm9.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

OOC: Kinda short. >.>

Walks around Rabbit Lake had become much more pleasing for the healing Marino as the summer air started to return to the world. Winter had been horrible; her knee had left her in some form of awful misery with the chill that bit into the scar tissue. She was glad to be free of the manor — Ghita Marino had never been the best at sitting still, as was proof of the skills she had lacked upon arriving to Crimson Dreams. Being out in the fresh air left her giddy, gleeful, feeling as if she were young once more. It was still difficult for her to run through the grass or frolick innocently, but that fact did not put a damper on her mood. Rather, she tried regardless.

The morning had been spent doing just that, and as she returned to the Manor, she found herself trying to reclaim the breath she had lost in her chase of her young daughter, Fia. A rest would be beneficial for her. She climbed the old stairs of the porch, letting out a tiny cough as her feet carried her into the main hall of her home. For a moment, all was silent, and then she heard the muffled sounds of someone speaking. Curiosity overtook her, as was common when it came to the fiesty Marino sibling, and she went searching for the source. She found it outside of the library, sitting on the floor with a book in his hands right in the hallway. Silvano, her sister's youngest son. Her late arrival caused her to really only catch the final bit of his rhetorical question — she assumed it to be rhetorical, for there was no one else to be seen. What's the big deal about girls?

"I didn't realize there was a 'big deal' about girls," she said, raising one eyebrow as she studied him from her place at the entrance of the hall. Of course, she was a woman; it was quite possibly different for boys than it was for girls to understand the opposite gender. With careful steps, she approached her nephew, scratching at her chin while she thought. "Has your brother been telling you there is?" She would have to have a talk with Gotham if that were the case.

[/html]
[html]
no worries about short xD but i have to say that Silvano is on the floor and not on a chair ;x

Even as his question escaped his lips, someone came to answer his musings. He turned his head and saw his aunt on his mother's side coming toward him, countering his question with one of her own. She seemed stiff to him but that could have been her old injuries making her life a misery. Silvano rose slowly from the floor as she came ever closer. He picked up the books and tucked them into the crook of his arm as he answered her, "Well, there is to me." Silvano straightened at Ghita, smiling mildly at her. "I mean, I don't really know any other than family so I don't have the experience in regards to that," he said as he shook his head slightly. Silvano was over a year old already and he still did not know a single girl that was really outside of his family yet. Or really felt like he would.

Silvano scoffed a little at the thought his brother would deign to talk to him about girls and the mysterious they hid. Books told him plenty, though they were about the humans but how different could they possibly be? "Gotham? Pft, I don't think he much cares for me, or at least I don't think so, since he's never home and probably screwing around somewhere. I'm happy enough here. I dunno, I don't think Gotham would tell me anything nice, though." Silvano cocked his head at his aunt, realizing that she would know the mysterious female gender, being one of course. "So is there a big deal about girls, Aunty?" he asked, gesturing with his hands as his Italian heritage was want to do. "Qual è il mistero?"

<style type="text/css">
.pen .ooc {text-align:center; font-style:italic; padding:10px 35px 0px 35px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.pen {width:420px;border:1px solid #000;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... riting.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:355px;background-color:#564636;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:tahoma, serif;font-size:13px;line-height:14px;color:#c3b4a1;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/2166/ghitattm9.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

OOC: Hah! I fail so hardcore. I totally read it as he sat in a chair. -.- Go Kiki. Fixed that. <3

A smile colored her face as she listened to her nephew's problem. He was confused as far as young women went, expecting some sort of mystery in them. Perhaps there was, at least to a young man. His aunt's hands moved to rest upon her hips, blue eyes searching the ceiling as she tried to think of answers to his train of thought. Her contemplation was broken by his scoff, and his small rant about his elder brother. It seemed Gotham didn't spend much time with his siblings; this didn't surprise the boy's aunt, as she saw little of her dark nephew herself. Of course, the idea that Gotham did not like Silvano left Ghita shocked: "Of course Gotham cares for you, Silvano! He's your family, and he loves you as much as any of us do." She firmly believed that, regardless of how one treated the family about them, that all members of a lineage that grew up together felt love for one another. If one of her children, or any of her nieces and nephews, had said the word 'hate' — or even 'dislike' — in regards to a member of the Marino-Sadira-Knight family, Ghita was sure she would have slapped them.

One hand waved arbitrarily as Silvano asked what the mystery was, letting out a brilliant laugh at the notion that there was any mystery at all! "Nessun mistero. I don't know what men believe to be so mysterious, but maybe I am not your normal woman, so maybe I don't see these 'mysteries'." She gave a grunt and sat upon the floor of the hall, letting her legs stretch out before her. "You're how old now? A year, yes? I wouldn't be worrying about girls so much. You have plenty of time for girls." Her hands rubbed at the scar tissue at her knee while she spoke.

Of course, this wasn't what he had wanted to hear, and Ghita felt a bit guilty for taking away what allure he might have had; she didn't want to rain on his parade, after all. "I guess there are some differences in boys and girls. At least as far as getting their attention, you understand." The nod she gave caused her hair to fall out of place and into her line of sight. "Your zia has to admit, she doesn't really know what sort of mysteries you were expecting, dear."

[/html]
[html]
300+
baha happens xD I mean I've read the dumbest things in my day

Silvano shrugged at his aunt defending his brother. It was more that Gotham was getting to be old enough that he really had little reason to hang around his younger brother, and really wanted to be out and about causing a ruckus of his own. Silvano did not hate his brother at all, but he was just not terribly close to him now. So he did not much care either way what Gotham did, since it was all harmless and victimless. "And I love my brother, but we're as close friend-wise as a tartaruga e uno squalo." The Sadira youth rolled his eyes slightly, watching as his aunt sat herself down on the floor as he had moments before. Without a word of complaint, the Dreamer sat himself back down on the ground beside her. His eyes saw the way she rubbed at her scarred knee. Did it ache?

The youth shrugged slightly at Ghita. "I dunno, Zia, I think you're pretty mysterious to me," he joked, smiling sheepishly at her. But when she told him he ought not worry about girls, he gave a slight laugh. "Then when do I start to worry about girls? I know Mama wants some grandkids eventually. And well, I don't know when Cambi is gonna have any," he said, joking about his older sister light heartedly. He loved his sisters and felt closer to them than he did to his one brother. Amata was single, but so was everyone else in his litter. So maybe he really shouldn't worry at all. Was he really even concerned? "Ah, Zia, but I'm not concerned, I just want to be prepared for the day when I meet a girl who I'm not related to." He seemed to be in a joking mood, for whatever reason; there were more jokes in his three minutes talking to Ghita than on some days.

Silvano tapped the books on the ground beside him. "Well, I always read about women who are just alluring.. or just have a sense of the mystic about them. Seducenti donne misteriose. But I know that no girl I know is like that. Like, Parker is just cute, but not alluring. Arty.. Arty doesn't come off as any of those either. No one does to me." He paused, looking up at the ceiling as he rested his head on the wall behind him. "What did Jazper think of you when he met you?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

She was glad to hear he loved his brother, for she would have been sorely disappointed if that were not the case. Of course he loved Gotham, she expected no less, and it pleased her to hear it in his own voice. She understood the problem though — as children grew up, they grew apart, from not only their siblings but also their parents. A sympathetic light entered her eyes as she watched him take a seat beside her on the hallway floor. He shrugged, and as he spoke in joking terms with the most charming, sheepish smile, his Zia Ghita reached out to pat his shoulder. He was still young, not even old enough to father children, and it made her all the more willing to try and ease his troubled mind. When did he start to worry? Yes, Savina wanted her grandchildren, and she wondered if Cambria would ever be a mother, but she didn't feel it was right for young Silvano to set his mother's desires so firmly on his shoulders just yet.

"Your mama would never want you to worry before it was time, I promise you this." Perhaps it wasn't true, but she wanted to offer him a bit more reprieve from his disconcerting thoughts. Of course, his mood seemed light, not uneasy at all; he continued to give joking phrases in regards the situation. He tapped the books beside him and spoke of alluring women, seducenti donne misteriose, and she felt an unfamiliar heat rise in her cheeks. This certainly wasn't what she was expecting her nephew to have been thinking about.

She cleared her throat, readying herself for an explanation. "Parker and Artemis are your sisters; you aren't supposed to find them alluring. It is very strange to find a sibling to be that, you understand?" It didn't concern her that he felt Parker to be cute, for she knew Savina had raised her children well. Her tail thudded gently against the ground as she tried to think of more to tell him; the whole subject was awkward for the Marino woman, and made moreso when the subject of Jazper was brought up. An uncomfortable little titter escaped her jaws. "Jazper? I don't know what he thought at first; we couldn't talk to each other." She remembered the first time she'd seen Jazper, her dark knight who had helped her through so much. She hadn't spoken more than a few words of English, and he spoke no Italian. This, of course, hadn't stopped their relationship from growing — shortly after their meeting, as she was learning to shift from four legs to two, they became parents.

Her hands were rubbed together before her body with some force. "I think the best place for you to meet girls who aren't a cousin or a sister would be by visiting the other packs. Or even looking around here; there has to be someone you don't know here. Someone...seducente e misterioso."

[/html]
[html]
300+

Silvano knew his mother had his best interests at heart and would not pressure him to find someone to pop out a few children with any time soon. She did not seem to be in that sort of shape, to impose on any of her children, to just give them peace and time to do things on their own accord. "I'm not worried, don't worry, Zia. I meant it in the future sense but not a kind of 'get it done soon', sort of way. I know Mama would not do that." He grinned at Ghita, knowing she was trying her best to soothe her nephew and he appreciated it. Perhaps the Sadira youth ought to have talked to her sooner than he had. He could get a lot out of her, information wise.

Silvano blanched at her comments, pulling a disgusted face. "Oh, god no, Zia, no, no. That is disgusting. I don't.. just.. ew. Why?" His shock and surprise at that thought was so large that the faces he was pulling were bound to entertain. "That's disgusting. Just no. I meant it from an objective point of view, like the way you're supposed to think about your siblings. I just can't imagine myself feeling.. You know what," he paused, took a breath, then continued, "I won't even finish that thought." He shook his head, feelings of just disgust bubbling in the pit of his stomach. Who would ever be attracted like that to his or her own flesh and blood?

Silvano blinked at his aunt, wondering what she had meant. Did they dislike each other when they first met? "Did you hate him? Is that why?" It did not occur to him that they had not spoken each other's language and that had been the barrier then. He thought she had known English like she did now.
"Ha fatto qualcosa di stupido?" It really never occurred to him that Jazper had accidentally knocked up his aunt. He furrowed his brow at her, resting his hands in his lap. "Why haven't you asked him?" Clearly he cared for her now, so what was there to worry about?

Nodding, the youth thought about her words. Chances were he'd have to leave the pack on a visit to anywhere else that was not the land of the dreamers. "I did meet a girl in Shiloh hills but I think she's gone. It wouldn't have gone anywhere." Then he laughed at his aunt, shoving her playfully with his elbow. "Oh come on, Zia Ghita, I'm not about to get seduced any time soon with my slim pickings."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Sorry for the wait! T_T

She was both relieved and unsurprised when young Silvano defended his sane mind; it wasn't that she expected him to keep a blind eye to the beauty of his sisters, but she always hoped that she and Savina had instilled that sense of wrong in their children when it came to the prospect of relationships with family. Others had saw no problem in the idea — several of the nomadic wolves she'd lived with while in Italy were such creatures — but the Marino woman was disgusted by it. With a weak, tittering laugh, she rubbed at her forehead and gave a brisk nod. "Of course, of course. Don't mind your Zia Ghita. I think the years are getting to me." Her exclamation was followed with a pat to the shoulder for her nephew, who had been so patient in listening to her ramble.

The conversation, as it went on about Jazper, made the woman laugh yet again. Silvano was so inquisitive. "No, I liked Jazper just fine. I say we couldn't talk because I did not speak much English, like I do now, and he did not speak Italian." At the idea that Jazper might have done something stupid, the woman felt a heat in her face and looked away as if guilty; well, yes they had done something stupid, but that wasn't for the ears of her nephew. Savina knew. It was enough that her sister knew that the Marino-Knight family had been made entirely on the back of liquor and lust. "I did not ask because I do not care; he loves me, and that's enough. I do not need to know what he thinks of me." In truth, she didn't want to know.

The gentle shove eased the thoughts and nerves of the Marino woman and she offered her sister's son a smile. "You have time, I just don't want to see you kids rush in and get yourselves in messes." They were still the babies of the family, and Ghita had always found it difficult to let them go. Even Aro and Sophia, as they grew, left the mother with an ache in her heart.

[/html]
[html]
300+
Don't worry! <3

Silvano rolled his eyes at his aunt, still a little bit unnerved by her words. To love a sibling in a way that was not natural to family? That seemed beyond unacceptable. The youth knew his sisters were pretty, but that was entirely from a logical and objective point of view, not from a male view. He knew, as he was supposed to, that they could definitely attract a lover (as Cambria already had), but it would never be him. His love for his family was just that; nothing to go beyond family. Platonic love. "Zia, I think you're being a little bit too harsh on yourself. I'm sure you could collect an entire retinue of eligible bachelors if you so wanted," he joked lightly, knowing his family was hardly old. He was just young in comparison. "I'm just not sure how Zio would like that one. Probably not at all."

Speaking of Jazper, Ghita continued on about their early relationship, but she never addressed if that man had done something stupid. Silvano furrowed his brows as his aunt turned away from him, concern fluttering on his face. But then she turned back and the youth shifted his features to something more neutral. It seemed like Jazper had done something stupid that his aunt did not really want to talk about. "I'm sure he thinks fondly of you, Zia. I mean, why else would he stay if he did not? I'm sure it's all positive," he offered, knowing instinctively that the man did care for his mate, and that he was too honorable to just dislike her and still stay with her. That was just cruel to do to any woman. There was no nobility to stay with her and hate her all the meanwhile.

Suddenly the youth gave a soft laugh. Rush into messes? Did she know who she was talking to? Silvano did not rush! At least not like that. "Oh, please, Zia. That's mean. It's like you don't know me at all. I don't think anyone will be rushing at me in the library. If anything, I have plenty of weapons in there to beat off girls." Oh, but if only he had even a single girl rushing at him.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]