[html]
Character Name: Connor McTravis

Character Birthdate: July 13th 2003

Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci

Species (not applicable to canines): Canis Lupus

Your e-mail: fiannamk2@hotmail.com

A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): MSN = fiannamk2@hotmail.com

How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: Through a friend

Connor yawns widely, the stillness of the night taking its toll on his mind, fatigue racing through his head, making his limbs and eyes heavy. The day had been long, travelling constantly with no respite to hunt for food, but finding the small clearing he looked upon was a small blessing, somewhere to sit and think for a while. “Peaceful”, he thought, moving quietly to sit down on a rock overlooking the stream. His fingers tracing across the rough surface underneath him, claws lightly scraping against the rock as he looked at the water he’d been following for the past three days.

The signs had been growing clearer and clearer that he was headed into a pack’s territory, and he knew the procedure, etiquette bored into his core from his days by his father’s side, but he was willing to wait for a while, collecting his thoughts as he watches the water flow freely. His thoughts turned back to his family, wondering what had happened to them, where they were now. He missed them, in a twisted way, and the smile this thought brought on was nothing to do with happiness. They had taught him well, and soon he would be able to use his skills again, perhaps he would even accept the happiness he found from them this time.

Startled by a sudden noise, he snaps his head around before relaxing. It was only the crow that had been following him since he started travelling, snapping a twig under claw to his right. At first he had tried getting rid of the pest, but no matter what he did, it kept following him, so he had accepted its company, even talked to it from time to time.

“I know, I know, you’re right, I’m just wasting time sitting here.” He said softly, as much for his own benefit as his companions, standing slowly. He moves to the tree line, away from the stream, and puts his small sack down behind it, checking that nothing is missing from his possessions before leaving it. His paw moves to his mane without thinking, brushing against the feather tied into his braid, a habit retained from his youth. He grins as he turns, walking back to the stream to let out a long, low howl, letting the pack know that he was on the edge of their territory, and that he wanted to talk.
[/html]
[html]
Big GrinDo:

Big GrinD It was pure chance that she was close enough to the pack lands to hear the howl. She had been debating over when it would be best to begin scouting out the surrounding area, or at least ask a member to do so. She had planned to spend a few hours examining the nearby lands and learning their ways, but it seemed as though each time she tried to leave, something was blocking her way. Whether it be discussing co-ranks with a member or talking to Pilot about a pack hunt, she seemed to be always moving, always doing something.
Big GrinD She had just finished examining a tree she believed might be of use, one where the roots had grown around a hole in the ground, or perhaps where wolves had dug a hole. It looked like it might have been a den, but it was very, very large. It was not too long before she decided how to put this to use and began moving all her books into it. It would serve as their library, she hoped.
Big GrinD Now that she had finished moving, she had decided she would finally leave and explore. That was when she heard the howl. She chuckled to herself, shaking her head in exasperation. So be it! She would not leave the pack lands today. She returned the howl, indicating that one of the leaders would be there shortly.
Big GrinD It did not take her long to locate the lone wolf. She trotted toward the other, a slight frown on her face as she pondered the possibilities. "Hello," she greeted the male. She stood tall, her head held high and her eyes searching the loner for answers. "I am Tayui Aston, the Agiad of this pack, one of the leaders. These lands are claimed by Shadowed Sun. What reason do you have for howling for our attention?"

Table by Mel!
[/html]
[html]
As soon as he heard the howl, Connor almost regretted calling out. What if this pack did not take kindly to a stranger being this close to their territory? Confidence in your abilities to defend yourself is all very well, but doesn't mean much if you're outnumbered by a fair margin. He scans the trees behind him quickly to see what the best place to run would be, hoping to himself that it didn't need to come to that. Fatigued and drained from travelling, he wasn't sure that he could escape danger if he had to.

Looking up in time to see the wolf walk towards him, he quickly lowers his head, moving off of the rock to crouch onto the ground, his ears pinned back against the side of his head. Prehaps if the other didn't see him as a threat, she wouldn't call the rest of her pack to chase him. He stays still as he listens to Tayui speak, his eyes on the ground, not daring to look up at her.

"Forgive me for howling, it was impatient of me, but I have travelled far to find myself here. I am Connor McTravis, and I am seeking a pack, somewhere to call home. I did not want to enter your territory without permission." he says quietly, keeping his legs tense, muscles bunched just below the surface of his fur, ready to move quickly.

He shifts his eyes to the side carefully, looking at the crow as it flies into the trees, hiding itself amongst the branches. If it saw danger, he would know, and could use it as an early warning system, as he had done on his journey after noticing its change in behaviour. "It is good to meet you though, I have not seen anyone for many moons, let alone had anyone to speak to." he adds with a slight smile.
[/html]
[html]
Big GrinDAs a misc. note, we generally roleplay in the past tense- I noticed in your post you gravitate toward the present tense (wherein: "He scans the trees behind him quickly" would be "He scanned the trees behind him quickly"). Sorry for not mentioning this sooner! This is generally something most rpgs use, but it's rarely explicitly stated. (:

Big GrinD The male spoke, beginning with an apology. She was glad he had howled for someone - anyone - because she found it such an annoyance to stumble across lone wolves simply sitting there, doing nothing of use. The thought that she did not know who might be waiting at the borders without her knowledge bothered her, and was glad the male had identified himself. "Very well," she replied with a short incline of her head. It was an automatic motion and did her little good, for the male was gazing upon the ground, and could not see any movements she made.
Big GrinD She remained silent for a few moments after that, thinking for a moment. Yes, they needed more members - that was certain. The pack, still in the early stages of its infancy was weak, and would need more wolves to join if they wished to survive. They would need to be able to accept more wolves into their ranks to survive, for some would abandon their words after seeing her. There had been one male who had fled when she asked if he would remain long enough to put his skills to the test. They needed actual wolves, not ones who just wished to join. "Despite this, do you think you could function in a pack setting? A pack is not a home, but the wolves that make it up. You would need to be able to work with all of us to hunt and to learn, for this is a pack of learning. We all rely on one another."

Table by Mel!
[/html]
[html]
Thanks, I'm actually more used to writing in the past tense, I'm not entirely sure why I was writing these in the present.

He looked up at her after she spoke again, his eyes filled with curiousity, a slightly hint of distrust lying in their depths. Why should this turn out any different from the past? He would not be able to prove his worth to this pack, and then be on his own again, forced to travel again. Still, nothing ventured, nothing gained.. he thought to himself, sniffing the air slowly, noting the different scents of the trees behind him, the wolf in front of him, all calming, not like the harsh scent of roasting flesh and burning fur, ash and smoke distorting every sense, flames consuming everything, the mind unable to do anything to process the terror that consumed your body, the need to escape more powerful than anything you could possibly imagine.

The memory made him shiver gently, realising what he was prepared to do again to be among others again. "Anything you ask of me, I will do, m'lady. I will be whatever your pack needs me to be." he said, knowing that he was speaking the truth. Whatever his past may have done to him, it had certainly taught him to do anything to survive. He nodded to himself slowly, staring into her eyes, trying to make her understand that he meant every word he said.

[/html]
[html]
Big GrinDHow curious! o:

Big GrinD She greeted his glance with a quick nod, glad he decided to raise his head for a moment. Although common courtesy was expected by lone wolves - especially when seeking acceptance - she did prefer to see a wolf's eyes when she was speaking with them. Although gazing directly into another's eyes often would provoke them, she found that some wolves could be read by the flashes in their eyes. She had read something regarding reading people by their 'body language' and their eyes in a human book, and had reflected how animals tended to do this naturally. It had amused her how humans felt the compulsion to record the obvious.
Big GrinD She frowned slightly as the male shivered, wondering if he was really looking at her, or looking right through her. For a moment, his eyes glazed over as he lost himself in his own thoughts, but he recovered quickly enough. She snorted quietly at the male's words, amused that he would go to say he would do anything to be accepted into the pack. She shook her head, smiling to herself. "I should hope that no one would ever take advantage of those words. Anything is a lot to promise," she replied quietly. "In any case, what could you offer to the pack?" All wolves she had met could hunt, and it came as an instinct to some and a learned behaviour to others. To survive, one had to kill: it was the simplest truth that existed. Of course, some wolves had many other skills, whether it be the ability to tell a fascinating tale, to build things with their Optime hands, or to inspire those around them, everyone had some sort of talent.

Table by Mel!
[/html]
[html]
He noted with a detatched smile that she had not moved to strike him for staring into her eyes. Connor kept her gaze, thinking about her question before standing up and moving swiftly to the tree line, his movements fluid and easy. He picked up his sack and brought it back to the wolf, kneeling on the floor in front of her as he opened it to pull out a thick roll of leather. He looked up at her again, holding his breath slightly as he pushed the roll open, displaying a number of very, very sharp surgical tools, scalpels on the left hand side, sharp and ready, dozens of differently shaped needles with a small coil of catgut in a pocket underneath them.

The right hand side of the roll remained covered, Connor's hand keeping the leather from opening fully."I offer a fair knowledge of how lupine and Luperci bodies work. I was taught how to keep others alive after suffering great injuries. If a member of the pack gets hurt, I may be able to help them." he responded finally, knowing that it was at least part of the truth. His hands moved to touch the feather in his braid slowly, as he continued speaking, folding the leather roll carefully, putting it back in his sack. "Other than that, all I can really offer you is loyalty. If you have secrets you wish kept, they will be. If you have objects or pack mates you want protected more than others, they will be. If you require something, ask for it, and it will be gotten."

His eyes finish off the rest of the sentence for him, emptying of emotion as easily as if he had flicked a switch. If she wanted people hurt or killed, well.. that would be done too.

[/html]
[html]
Big GrinD She watched, curious as the male turned away to fetch something. At first, she thought he might have been scared away by her words and decided against joining, but she noticed that he was moving toward something - not away from her. The minute feeling of loss passed and she sighed quietly, glad she would not lose a wolf before they even joined. She cocked her head as he approached, watching as he took something out of his bag. He unrolled it, displaying a number of dull tools, slightly tarnished but appearing to be rather sharp. She did not know what these things were if they were not weapons, and was glad he decided to explain their purpose.
Big GrinD She frowned as he spoke, wondering how such sharp things could possibly help a wolf when they were harmed. Would it not do more damage? The only thing she could think these items might be of use for would be to remove an infected limb, in which case they were far too small. But, perhaps they could remove smaller things, like... splinters from wood. Although the tools themselves were foreign to her, his words reminded her of things she had read in a book. Of course, she supposed what he spoke of and what had read might only be vaguely connected. She would have to ask him about these tools further, for she did not fully comprehend their purpose. "I'll have to ask you how such sharp utensils can heal, but... perhaps you can explain that to me as we find you a den. I'll hold you to your promise of loyalty, for you are ranked Periokoi, subordinate of Shadowed Sun." She smiled and took a step back, nodding with her head, an indication for Connor to follow her deeper into the lands. She had much to tell him about the pack, that was certain. She would have to explain how their ranks and co-ranks worked, and encourage him to perhaps try and work for a medicinal co-rank, for if his skills were up to par, it would be useful to have a healer in the pack.
Table by Mel!

Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the RP Guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:

___1. Make your first IC post within five days.

___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up Word of the Day points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

[/html]