The Forest for the Trees
[html]

for Fy and Songan c:
He's at the tip of that river on the map,
if that helps with muse/placement.

There was no reason for him to be out there, so far from the manner and from his books. But the Sadira had felt such a sudden urge to get out and about that he had simply let his feet do the walking and his mind the blanking out. Had he really been thinking, he would have grabbed himself a book from the library to go on his walk. But before the youth knew it, he was walking beyond the borders of his home and the scent of it had faded. Silvano's mind snapped back to reality and he realized that he had already wandered into a very lightly forested area. They were spread out but it was still easy to see between to the patches of open land. Degrading wire fences still dotted the area; Silvano avoided those. He knew what they had been for and he did not need to risk playing with barbs.

His ear twitched and he heard the faint sound of rushing water. Furrowing his brow, he hopped a fallen log and headed toward the sound of a stream or falls or spring. It was easy weaving through the thinly clumped trees and then through a light clearing, and back into tree cover. Beneath him, the ground was spongy, as though there had been more water nearby. Perhaps it had rained? Or the dense overhead leaf cover must have kept the moisture and dampness in.

The smell of water came at him and the Sadira rushed at it, ignoring the tiny branches whipping against his legs now and the+n. It was a rather thick stream, leading who knows where and coming from who knew what, probably a stream. The tiniest of silver fish seemed to dart beneath its surface. He gazed down at it, then promptly sat on the bank and placed his feet in the water. It seemed like the stream had cut into the earth for many many ears, considering how high the bank was.

<style type="text/css">
.silvanofreeb b {font-weight:bold; color:#9e9aa2; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #0f1117; }
.silvanofreeb-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0f1117; text-align:center;}
.silvanofreeb p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.silvanofreeb {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#535b72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ofreeb.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #9e9aa2; padding: 125px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0f1117; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12.3px; text-align:justify;}
.silvanofreeb-border1 {width:484px; border:1px solid #0f1117; margin:0 auto;}
.silvanofreeb-line1 {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dotted #373c4b; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
300+

[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">
.freeb8 b {font-weight:bold; color:#161716; letter-spacing:1px; }
.freeb8-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.freeb8 p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px 10px 10px;margin:0px;}
.freeb8 {width:400px;border:1px solid #161716;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... freeb8.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:280px;background-color:#c1dbf4;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#35404e;}
</style>

Word Count: 508 (5 points)

Songan had been busy at his work for the past couple of days. He was nearing the completion of his tribe mate’s bow. Its design was done and the accessories were added, but he still needed to test it out before he gave it to Saxif and allowed her to use it. He looked over to his supplies and grabbed a bow string. He had to make sure that it was the right length for the bow. He bent the bow carefully so that he would be able to get the string on. It looked like this part was not going to break it. He had to also make sure that he didn’t hurt himself as he was adding the string since the ends were pointed. Although he now had the bow ready, he would have to make a few arrows to test it with. He didn’t have any arrows for even his own bow, so it would look like he was going to spend his morning sharpening some rocks and adding them to wood. The red wolf gave a small sigh as he took some of the rocks he had collected earlier and began to file them down to points.

It wouldn’t take long before the arrows were done and he would be ready to test out the bow and make sure that it would fire alright without breaking. Songan slipped out of his home and crossed the creek nearby. He began to head down the river, practicing pulling back on the bow. He didn’t want to try firing any of the arrows until he was a bit outside of the borders and might be able to find some prey he could test them on. Perhaps today he would be able to find a good meal for himself and those staying with him. He was sure the others would enjoy that as well. A warm smile appeared on his face as he continued to walk along the river bank.

The old wolf soon came the a more forest area. There were treed everywhere and taller than ones he had ever seen. It was nice that they provided some shade to the old wolf from the summer heat. Songan found a nice tree he would be able to practice with until he decided to go looking for some actual prey. He carefully placed an arrow on the bow and pulled the bow string back. He soon fired the arrow, though it seemed to go a bit in every direction. He was sure he would be able to fix this, but for now so long as it hit something, then it would work. The rust wolf went to grab the arrow and peered over to the end of the river. He noticed a wolf there sitting on the bank with his feet hanging in the water. He moved over to where he was and smiled. ”Hello there young one. Would you mind if I joined you?” He waited for the wolf to speak before doing anything else.

[/html]
[html]

fffff 500+ you beast

All Silvano heard was the rippling water and the light splashes in the water each time he swished his feet in it. The ripples started softly but were forced away as water slowly rushed down the stream bed toward whatever river it fed into. He sighed, rather content to just wallow away the hours here, even though he had, like an idiot, walked way from home without a second thought. What if he got lost? Didn't care. He figured he could head south toward the southern shores and just walk north from it. He was only slightly tired of knowing where he was. Last time he got lost outside of Crimson Dreams he met someone nice. Well after a while. So phooey to planning.

His mind wandered from his place, back to the clouds that he used to dream of in his youth. Once again he wondered where the birds got their wings to fly so free, so fast.. Then his mind returned to his dreams, nightmares, reliving the moment he learned Artemis had fallen off the roof, when they found out their adopted brother was dead. And then when they found out he was murdered, not just dead. He would have loved getting lost. It was such a shame, such a horrible shame. His mind drifted away from the sadness, returning to his dreaming..

Of course that was why he was entirely startled when the stranger found him, greeting him. Silvano jumped a little on the bank, managed to force his feet into the stream hard enough to splash up his thighs. Thankfully he never wore clothes, though he had started thinking he ought. But now, he was glad he was not. "Geh..," he grumbled, standing as a few drops of water rolled off his fur. "Oh, I'm sorry," he apologized, eying his front before turning his gaze on the man. "No, please," he said tentatively, wondering who the stranger was. He was decorated strangely, yet somewhat familiarly. Silvano motioned for the older male to come closure and take a seat of his choosing. The youth also noticed the bow and arrows the other man had. Was he a hunter?

<style type="text/css">
.silvanofreeb b {font-weight:bold; color:#9e9aa2; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #0f1117; }
.silvanofreeb-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0f1117; text-align:center;}
.silvanofreeb {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#535b72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ofreeb.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #9e9aa2; padding: 125px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0f1117; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12.3px; text-align:justify;}
.silvanofreeb-line1 {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dotted #373c4b; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
300+

[/html]
.freeb8-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.freeb8 {width:400px;border:1px solid #161716;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... freeb8.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:280px;background-color:#c1dbf4;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#35404e;}
</style>

>Big Grin / Word Count: 508 (5 points)

Songan was glad to see that the bow was holding up well. There were no cracks and not even a sound of anything harmful as he fired the arrows off into the distance. Pride began to fill in the old wolf’s mind as he was pleased with the work he had done. The next time that he saw Saxif, he would be able to hand the bow over to her. He looked to the arrows and figured he would be able to make a few more arrows as well as something else. He looked over to his arm and noticed it felt like it burned. The string was hitting against his arm, causing it to hurt. He would also have to make her a wrist guard so that this didn’t happen to her every time that she tried to fire her bow. He was sure he would have enough leather and string to make her one.

The male’s arm began to burn more as he continued to practice. He was going to have to have Sanuye look at his arm once he returned. He was sure that there would be something she could put on it to ease the pain. The rust wolf moved through the woods and towards the water. For the time being, it looked like he was going to have to let it sit in the water to cool down the burn. The river looked refreshing and was sure it would help him in this need. He began to make his way towards the river. His golden eyes gazed up towards the trees as he continued along. All the leaves glowed green from the sun. He smiled as he moved his arm above his eyes to keep the sun out. He could feel his arm burning more and more as he walked on.

Songan paused as he seemed to startle the young wolf. He didn’t mean to scare him. The red wolf shook his head as the other wolf began to apologize. ”There’s no need to apologize. I am sorry that I scared you. It was not my intention to do so.” He then nodded as the young wolf said no and didn’t seem to want him to come by him. He then moved away to a bit of a distance and looked down to the water. He laid down on his chest and dipped his arm into the cool water. It felt nice to have the burn cooled down and he was sure it would be fine for a bit of time now. He soon pulled his arm out and then stood up. He then put the bow around him as he sat down on the bank. His golden gaze moved back over to the scarfed wolf. ”I’m sorry again for scaring you. What’s your name?” This one didn’t look like he came from the AniWaya tribe and was curious to where his home was. Perhaps later on in the breaks from his work, he would be able to come and visit.

[/html]
[html]

why you do dis? XD i can't keep up with yoou. Also, since it's summer, he doesn't have his scarf on c:

Silvano watched, rather curiously, as the man dipped his arm into the river and seemed to enjoy the feel of it. He cocked his head as he watched, still feeling a little jittery from his surprise. It was not that it was a stranger, per se, but it was more that he had been caught beyond unawares. The water ran over the older wolf's arm, slipping over it in little waves and swirls. Silvano watched the water rippling down and over his own feet, over the slight hairs on his feet. He turned his head to watch the water slip down further away, toward the river it fed. For a moment he stared at it, before he realized he had to address the older male here; it was rude to ignore him for so long.

"I'm sorry, but, what did you do to your arm?" he inquired, wondering what could have provoked him needing the cold stream water. Silvano had noticed the bow on the man's back, but he never had heard that it could cause the bower harm. And there was no blood in the water from any wound so the young man was confused as to why the man bothered. Perhaps age? He had heard older wolves needed to relax more, slow down, as their bodies weakened and their muscles ached more. Arthritis, was it? "It was my own fault. I'm Silvano Sadira. I'm from Crimson Dreams." He figured the man knew where it was; and he did not seem like a bad man at all.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
000+

[/html]
</style>

Cause atm I really don't have anything better to do and sorry about that. The kiritar threw me of while I was typing. / Word Count: 505 (5 points)

As Songan’s arm rested in the water, his golden orbs looked over to the young wolf who seemed confused as to why he was doing this. Not being a wolf from a tribe, he was not surprised by this. This wolf didn’t looked like he had used a bow before. The male relaxed, even laying his head down on his arm as the water trickled through his fur. It was nice to just lay there and let the heat of the summer sink in from the top of the trees and to his skin. He rested his tail between his legs as he closed his eyes. It was nice to just lay here and take a break from his practice. He took a moment and pulled his arm out of the water, noticing it turning a bit red. He emitted a soft sigh as he dipped his arm back in for a little while longer. He tried not to apply too much pressure to his chest so it didn’t hurt as he was laying there.

Songan’s ears moved up and his gaze turned over to the wolf as he asked what had happened to his arm. He sat up on his knees as he took the bow and pulled gently back on the string. ”I was practicing with this bow I made to make sure it would hold up. Because I don’t have a guard to wear on my other arm, the bow string rubs against it. It’s not very comfortable.” He then set the bow off to the side and let his arm soak in the cool water for just a bit longer. He wanted to make sure his arm wouldn’t bother him too much until he returned back home. He made a mental note to make sure he started on that arm guard once he returned. He soon returned onto his knees as he was ready to continue his day.

The red wolf’s gaze moved back to the young wolf as he introduced himself and said what pack he was from. He was unsure as to where the pack he spoke of was, but he was sure the wolf would be more than willing to tell him. ”It’s a pleasure to meet you Silvano. I am Songan Amara. I am from the AniWaya tribe.” The male felt his tail brushing through the grass as he changed his seating position. He crossed his legs as he stayed at a distance. It was nice to see that it looked like the wolf’s mood was changing and he wasn’t as spooked as before. He gave Silvano a smile before stretching out his feet into the water. ”I haven’t heard of the Crimson Dreams pack before. Where is it located?” The male gave a small yawn as he felt the water rushing in between his toes. He wasn’t aware that the wolf’s pack was so close. It would be good to know there was a pack nearby and perhaps they would need his craft skills.

[/html]
[html]
300+
No worries, I just haven't wanted to dish out that much money for a summer kiritar x3

Silvano nodded as the man demonstrated the bow he had with him. His eyes watched the twine pull tight as the man tugged it, but then loosened again. He had never held a bow, nor used one. But he had neither used a sword. Gesturing to what he hoped was the direction of home, he offered the other ma assistance. "You know, my sisters are healers, they could probably make an ointment real quick for it. Is it like a burn?" He knew of rope burn, and had gotten it enough times, so he assumed that it was a lot like that with this. Ropes twanging against the skin could not have felt pleasant, especially when loosing arrows into the air. He eyed the arm the man cooled, but if there was a visible mark, it was hidden by his colored pelt.

Splashing slowly through the water, the Sadira moved closer to the stranger, knowing he meant no harm. Sitting himself down, he watched the man stretch out his limbs in the water after introducing himself. AniWaya? He knew of it of course, he had been there a few times. But he knew a scant few of them, namely just one of them. "Oh, I've been there. I met Liliana ... but I forget her last name. 'Nyway, I met her." He fumbled with his words, running a hand through his mottled fluff of hair. He had been trying to find a way to get himself a horse, and he was due to head there soon with his father to discuss getting one. But that was not really this man's business, nor would he be interested in it.

"Crimson Dreams? We're... northeast..ish from here. I know that if I go directly east I'll hit the coast, and just follow it north to reach our beach area. We're kind of oddly shaped. Like.. a clenched fist with a pond in the middle of it." He raised a tightened fist in the air, showing the man what it kind of looked like, boundary wise.

<style type="text/css">
.silvtext b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
.silvtext .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:400px;}
.silvtext p {text-indent:25px;padding:0px 15px 2px 15px;margin:0px;}
.silvtext{width:500px;border:0px solid #000;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4k5Dt.png), url(http://i.imgur.com/WcToU.png);background-position:top center, bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:garamond, serif;font-size:15px;line-height:16px;padding:15px 5px;}
.silvtext .line {width:150px; border-bottom:1px dashed #000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
</style>

Lol I see / Word Count: 504 (5 points)

Songan closed his eyes after his little demonstration as he continued to lay with his arm in the water. He knew even when he pulled it out, the pain would remain for a while. He emitted a soft sigh as he kept his gaze on the younger wolf. Silvano then offered him to meet with his sisters to see if there was something they would be able to do about the burn on his arm. He gave the wolf a smile before shaking his head. ”Thank you for the offer Silvano, but I’ve got someone back home who can help me. She’s a healer too.” He knew it would be a while before he went back, but he was sure he would be able to endure it until then. He gave the wolf a small smile before relaxing once more.

The red wolf looked over as he noticed the darker wolf coming over towards him. It was nice to see that he was feeling better and wanted to come over and be near the older wolf. He sat up and then listened as the young wolf said he had been to AniWaya before, though he did not recognize the name of the one he had met. ”Liliana huh? I haven’t been in the tribe that long myself so I haven’t met all the tribe members. What’s Liliana like?” He would have to go back and meet her sometime, but for now he had other things to focus on. He had another project to do and he planned to get those done before doing much else. Perhaps he would be able to meet up with her on some down time. He kept the idea in his mind and made sure to remember her name in case he ran into her back home.

Songan listened carefully to Silvano as he spoke of his pack and its location. From the sound of things, it sounded like it was very close by. Perhaps he would be able to go there sometime, but for now he had things to attend to and no time to go there, so for now it would be better for him to just hear about the pack and visit some other time. He nodded as he looked in the direction that the young wolf was referring to. They weren’t hard directions to follow and kept them in his mind. ”Sounds like an interesting place. Perhaps I’ll come by sometime. Perhaps you could tell me some more about the pack. What’s it like?” It would probably be best to learn about the pack before actually going there. As he waited for the other wolf to respond, the rust wolf laid back down and sank his arm into the water. Perhaps it would be better to just do this until he returned home. It would be better than sitting up and having to repeat the process again. His ears folded down for a moment in his calmness as he waited for Silvano to respond.

[/html]