Just visiting
Valinta stood resolute in her two-legged form, her diminuitive figure being buffeted by a strong breeze. Beside her stood her young son, and he whimpered softly at his mother's hard expression.
They returned, once again. Valinta, though she had left a while ago, couldn't remember anything but the recent experiences in the territory. She had been attacked and she had despised the weakness that was there in the days afterwards.
But upon her return, she would not waver. The ebony-furred woman returned only to see if another woman still resided in these lands, and if she did not see Sky, then she would inquire about her. Valinta once was glad to call the woman her best friend, and she loved her. Now she didn't know if the feelings that the two had shared remained. Once she knew if Sky still cared, she would leave to see her soon-to-be mate in AniWaya.
If Valinta, a woman of fickle senses and whose mood changed so easily could still love and care for a man she hadn't seen in a while, then he could care for her still, couldn't he? She hoped, and she hoped dearly. But first, she needed to know about Sky.
Lifting up Gunnar, Valinta leaned against the border tree that still had the painted pictures on it, and howled quietly, loud enough to be heard, but not so loud that she annoyed herself. Just loud enough for someone, hopefully someone she knew, to notice and answer. If it was to happen, then it would happen.
She sat down, petting Gunnar on his softly-furred head, and met his eyes, her yellow gaze meeting his blue-black one. "We will be safe soon." she murmurred soothingly to him. "Soon."
Ooc: Yet again another cellphone post. Yoink.

Sky had actually been patroling the area like she normally did, scouting around the territoy on foot in her optime form, knife and mind at the ready in case she found trouble. She'd been completely engulfed with her task, so much so that then she heard the familliar howl, she froze suddenly enough that her feet dug deep into the gound. Her head whipped around and blue eyes picked out the location before she bolted, hoisting herself along at top speed through the familliar forests in hopes that her theory was right.

It was. As son as the wolfdog saw her old friend, her best friend, she made a beeline for her. Of course she slowed down enough not to scare the other woman and her apparent dependant, but her feet carried her with a quick bounce none the less. When she spoke, her voice was happy... no, delighted. Relieved. Valinta! she cried, Oh my gods above, girl, Is that really you? She stood back a moment, hands to her chest as she tok a few breaths eyes shining and tail swinging behind her.

The day Sky had returned to Thornbury to fijd not only Shawchert missing, but Valinta too, had been a horrible nightmare. She'd spent weeks afterwards feeling out of touch with herself and her emotions. She'd focused so hard on working at her rank and fixing her home that nothing else had been solved for her, not Shawchert's whereabouts, not even Val's. So now her mind was racing with questions, though she'd hold her tongue for now.
OOC: well, it's a sexy cell post. So it's okay. Wink also... in case this is confusing, Val sheds her fur in the spring and has a dark brown summer coat. I needed to fill in space in her appearence and did that. Big Grin

Valinta smiled. Sky, obviously, still cared for her. And missed her as well, it appeared. Gunnar startled slightly, as he'd been staring intently at the ground, following a bug's movements with his eyes. Petting his head, Valinta set him down and embraced her friend. The two women hadn't seen each other in a long while, and the darker female missed Sky.
The only regret she had when she left was not telling her friend where she was leaving, yet she didn't regret not letting J'adore know... It was odd, but Valinta had mastered ignoring odd thoughts and problems, and ignored it as she was wont to do. Gunnar nosed at Sky's legs, remembering her scent vaguely, knowing she was like a second mother to him.
"Sky." Valinta grinned broadly as she held her friend at arm's length to look at her. "Every time I see you, you're more beautiful than before." It was true, in Valinta's eyes. Sky was already a strikingly attractive female, but distance made the heart fonder, did it not?
"I'm sorry I left and didn't tell you.... It was frightening. But I'm back." She lessened her smile, less of a mischevous grin as it was before, now a fond smile.
Valinta sat down and pulled Gunnar into her lap, carefully staying out of the Cercatori territory, quite on purpose. "How have you been, love?" she asked.