Momma, please.
[html]

WC: 302 Points: 3

Finally, Rio made it. It took hours, maybe even days to get to Anathema. It took longer because she traveled in Optime form. Maybe if she traveled by her wolf legs it would’ve took only a day, but now that she was so close she felt anxious about it.

Anxious about seeing her mother for the first time in a while. Anxious about her response. Anxious about a lot of other things too. She padded closer and closer to the territory and inhaled deeply as she took in the scent of her mother’s lands. Maybe she would be here one day. Possibly today. Now that she’s made it back, she never wanted to leave again. She never wanted to leave her mother’s side again. She smiled at the thought of her Mom’s face when she saw her, if it was a good reaction. Why wouldn’t it be? Naniko must’ve been dying to see her for all this time, and here Rio is thinking she’s not going to get a good reaction from her. Impossible. She reached the border of the pack lands, but refused to cross them. She didn’t want to have another experience like the last one. Bitch.

Rio didn’t know what to do now. She paced up and down, close to the border, but not crossing. She wanted someone to come along, anyone, so they would get her mother. She wanted to howl to get someone’s attention, but no. She wouldn’t do that either. She would wait a little while and see if someone comes, and if not, then she would howl. Or something. Rio paced up and down for about a half an hour, so deep in thought that even if someone did approach without speaking, she wouldn’t be able to hear them because her thoughts were so loud.

<style type="text/css">
.Riogift002 b {font-weight:bold; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#848462; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Riogift002ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#b0a68a; text-align:right;}
.Riogift002 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.Riogift002 {margin:0 auto; width:380px; background-color:#fae9cc; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ift002.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #b0a68a; padding: 0px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#b0a68a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
table by alli

[/html]
[html]

A cold had plugged her nose, making the leader unable to smell as well as she normally could. She could detect a certain something on the breeze, just the edge of a foreign scent, but could not smell it fully or completely. Naniko grumbled to herself as she walked toward the borders, picking up a leaf to wipe her nose. This cold needed to end soon; she didn't like the tiredness and exhaustion that came along with it. She could blame some of her tiredness on her pregnancy, but not all of it.

She reached the borders and glanced about, green eyes narrowed. Who was there? She felt handicapped without her nose there to help her figure out who was waiting for her at the borderline. Naniko moved slowly, looking this way and that. "Who's there?" She growled. Right now, all she wanted to do was crawl back into bed and go to sleep. Hopefully whoever it was wouldn't keep her awake for too much longer.

<style>
.AnaFK-07 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.AnaFK-07 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.AnaFK-07 b {font-family:verdana; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.AnaFK-07 {background-color:#abb092; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:496px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... s/rawr.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:294px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .AnaFK-07-border {width:498px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>[/html]
[html]

Ooc.

Word Count: 309

Rio kept pacing, thinking of a way to catch someone’s attention without actually going onto the pack lands, but how? Her mind was still in a jumble. She paused for a moment, with her back toward the territory. Then a familiar scent hit her nose. A scent that she would never have forgotten in a million years. ”Momma…” The words were quietly mumbled, and only heard by her. Her heart began to race, and she was nervous. Why was she nervous to see her own mother? Because it’s been a long time.

Before turning around, she squeezed her eyes shut. Her heart was still racing, and she wanted to calm down. She didn’t want to see her mother a nervous mess. She felt the tears coming to her eyes, but she choked them back. Rio slowly turned around to see a white wolf some ways away, calling out to her. Rio turned fully and ran toward her mother, stopping short just in case she wasn’t recognized fully. Her hair wasn’t as long anymore, she had cut it before coming back. It past shoulder length, but nowhere near how long it was before. Her eyes might’ve darkened with sadness for leaving everything behind over her stupid brother. Her brother. Harlowe. Despite what he did to her, she wanted to pay him a visit. Whether it was a friendly visit or not. Her mind returned to the present and she watched her mother approach.

”It’s me, Momma!” She still wasn’t sure if Naniko would recognize her. She was skinny, even though she ate well. It might’ve been what all the stress has done to her over the past year. Her bones showed through what used to be muscle. She waited impatiently for Naniko to come closer, and to see her. Rio wished she would walk a little faster. Just a little.

Image courtesy of 36821100@N04@Flickr.

<style>
.rio-suntree .padded {width:280px;height:215px; float:left; }
.rio-suntree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; }
.rio-suntree p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.rio-suntree b {color:#F2BBBA; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.rio-suntree {background-color:#6B3534; border:1px solid #F2BBBA; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2F1111; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding:140px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/YCdfY.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

It had indeed been a long time since she had laid eyes on her dark daughter. Naniko had left the territory to go searching for her sister and their branch of the family and had come back to find that her own pups had taken off in different directions. She was still missing Rio, Caprica, and Lucia, and Harlowe was now dead. She spent many a night wondering about whether her children were safe...where they were, what they were doing with themselves. If they were still alive, even.

A voice startled her out of her thoughts. Momma One pup in particular had always called her that. After her recent talk with Ehno, Rio had been the one on her mind the most. She had dreamed of the day that she would be reunited with her little girl. "Rio? Rio?!" She shouted. Then the girl appeared before her. Was she dreaming? Naniko shook her head a few times to clear her thoughts.

Her daughter confirmed her identity and Naniko rushed forward, wanting to be nearer. Wanting to be sure that it wasn't a dream or some kind of apparition. It really was Rio. "You look so different, baby girl--you're so big now!" She managed to choke out, reaching to try and hug the dark wolf. "I didn't think I would ever see you again..I came back and all of you were gone"

<style>
.AnaFK-07 b {font-family:verdana; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.AnaFK-07 {background-color:#abb092; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:496px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... s/rawr.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:294px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .AnaFK-07-border {width:498px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>[/html]
[html]

ah, james. I could seriously picture you a mother xD

Rio struggled to hold her tears back. They were tears of joy for being here now and sadness from being away from her family for so long. Her mother rushed forward and captured her in a tight hug. Rio hugged back tightly, too, and buried her face into her Mom’s shoulder. The tears started streaming now. They were too strong to hold back. They needed to come out and be free.

The past was the past. She didn’t hold anything against Naniko. Rio chose to leave Souls, and it wasn’t her mother’s fault. Harlowe’s on the other hand, yeah. It was his fault. She ignored what her Mom had to say about the past; it was irrelevant now. ”I’ve missed you so much.” She said into her Mom’s fur. Then she was released from the giant hug, and the fur around her eyes was wet from tears. She brought a hand to her face to wipe what was left of the tears away. She still huffed, trying to calm herself down, but the tears kept coming, but they were less violent now.

Rio looked over her Mom, and she didn’t look all that different. Naniko looked a slight bit older, and a little fatter than she remembered her. She loved her all the same, fat and old or not. Immediately, she wanted to catch up on things. To start, ”How are you?” She looked her over, making it obvious now. ”Well, you look good.” She sniffed back tears afterwards. Finally, the waterworks began to cease. Rio used her palms to wipe away the last of the wetness from her eyes. Then she blinked, and returned her attention back to Nani’s response. Her next questions would be about her father, wherever he was. She definitely wanted to see him, too. She wished she could take her Mom with her everywhere. She wanted her whole family right in one spot, excluding Harlowe.

Word Count → 320

Points → 3

<style>
.rio-suntree b {color:#F2BBBA; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.rio-suntree {background-color:#6B3534; border:1px solid #F2BBBA; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2F1111; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding:140px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/YCdfY.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

XDDD HAHA <33 And as a note, Luperci can’t technically cry tears. They could make whimpering noises and be sad, but they don’t produce tears out of emotion :] also, LOL. Fat and old, huh XD

She didn’t know if her daughter had sought her out deliberately or if she had just happened to come across the pack randomly. If she had, then that was very very good luck. Perhaps her gris-gris was working…so far it had brought Ravesque and his children, Helios, and now her daughter. She had thought that her luck had gone bad when Selene had passed on…maybe this was a sign that it was beginning to turn. ”I’ve missed you too. Not a day went by where I wouldn’t think about you and your sister. I was so worried. You look really good, too” She said, hugging her close.

Her daughter pulled back to look her over more, and she grinned. She didn’t know if her pregnancy would be obvious to the girl or not; right now she just looked a little on the plump side. ”I’ve been doing great. I formed this pack called Anathema with more of the family; there are so many D’Angelos around now! Also, I’m going to have another litter next moon” She explained, putting a hand on her belly. ”I hope you can be here for their birth..but I understand if you have places that you need to go. I bet everyone will want to see you now; I’m a greedy mother. Hahaha” She backed up, motioning for her child to follow her into the lands. ”Did you have many adventures while you were away?”

<style>
[html]

Ok, I’ll take that for future threads =] And yes, fat and old !

Rio looked over her Mom, eyes stopping on her belly. Jeez, Mom’s still pumping them out. The gaze stayed there for a few seconds while she thought of when she was a child, remembering the good times before everything turned for the worst. Then her gaze broke, and they returned to Nani’s face. She smiled, and followed her mother into Anathema.

”Wow, Mom, you’ve been busy I see,” she said referring to her pregnant belly and her pack formation, as well. She was happy her Mom was the leader. If she hadn’t anywhere to go, she could certainly come here. She knew in her heart that her Mom would never abandon her again. ”Well, I would like to go see Dad, but if they’re coming soon I can always stick around a little while longer,” she spoke with her head down while walking closely behind her Mom.

”Adventures? Not many. I really just left to clear my head. I didn’t want to come back foggy minded because I might’ve done something terrible.” She was thinking of the evil things she could do now with her new mindset. What she could’ve done back then might’ve been to end her own life for the stupid mistakes of her brother’s bad choices. The event that happened between her and Harlowe still bothered her greatly, and she planned to get her revenge someday. She didn’t know how she would feel when she found him and saw his face again, but her approach was to ‘teach him a lesson’.

”So, you’ve created your own pack containing most of the family… Do they still remember me?” It hasn’t been that long, but a lot can happen in a year. One can forget a lot about someone, or even forget them completely. I can be honest inside my own head, I don't really remember everyone either. She thought maybe she was asking too much from them now.

Word Count → 320

Points → 3

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Big Grin

She figured that this was a safe enough place to raise puppies. She would encourage the pack to be as fiercely protective of them as she was, though she doubted that the children would be able to find their way out of the cave system and into the outside world for a while anyway. Just in case, though, after they started to run around more she would ask the pack to watch over them if they came across them. An extra duty. "I don't think they'll be coming for a few more weeks, at least. You should go visit your father; he would be very happy to see you"

Naniko didn't mind that Rio wished to go and see Ehno; she wasn't the sole parent and knew that it was best to share the children as much as she could. She wouldn't be possessive of the girl even though she had just gotten her back. Her daughter's words reminded her of the terrible things that had happened to her while she had been away, though. She would not leave again. "I am here to protect you now, Rio. You are always welcomed here."

Jade eyes went back to the ones of her daughter, curious. "Well...many of the members came with me from the cult pack that I lived in. I don't know if any of them would know you at all, to be honest. It's a branch of the family, my branch, that hadn't come to 'Souls before. Or if they had...it wasn't for a very long time. My sister Selene came with me from New Brunswick, but she passed away recently. Some of her children are still here." She explained. "You could meet them-they're very interesting"

<style>
[html]

Tongue

Rio looked around as they continued into the lands of Anathema. They were very mountainous lands. Good for caves, and ‘lots of them. As she heard of her mother’s pregnancy period, Rio instantly began to plot her trip down to Crimson Dreams. As soon as she visited her mother, she would head down that way in search of her father. She hoped he would be easy to find, as she didn’t want to trespass and all that again.

She smiled at Nani’s assuring words. Protection. Nothing would be able to protect her from her own mind, though. And her mother certainly would not be able to protect her from what lies out there when she goes off on her own. Sure, nothing can harm her here in Anathema, but what about everywhere else that was far out of reach? Rio’s smile faded, but she nodded towards Mom anyway.

”Oh,” was her reply to the family thing. She pondered this for a moment, ”So, I had an Aunt Selene? How did she die?” Curiosity killed the wolf, no pun intended. So, there was a bunch of family around that she would be able to interact with. Maybe even form some relationships with. Very good. Rio thought to herself wondering what kinds of people she has yet to meet. Would some be just like her? Or would they be different?

Rio looked up from her thoughts and saw a cave opening up ahead. Caves… She knew they would find some caves. Did her Mom actually live in the caves? Was she a cave dweller? Rio smiled widely at the thought of Nani looking like a caveman, a picture she saw in a traveler’s book once. The stranger had briefly educated her about early human beings before he had set off to his next adventure. He was cool, she wondered where he might’ve gone.

Word Count → 311

Points → 3

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Her sister was still somewhat of a sore subject for the woman. Naniko gave Rio a hard look for a moment, trying to find a way to explain what had happened to her. "She died in a cave in." Her words came finally, after a good stretch of silence. That was all that she would say of it, most likely. She didn't want to talk any more about Selene than she needed to; she missed her sibling dearly and talking of her made small daggers of pain prick at her heart. She didn't like those pricks.

They entered the cave system and Naniko made a sharp left, heading for her own dwelling. "You can rest in Scorpius' old room if you'd like..it's big enough for two or three of you. He has some soft things that he left there to sleep on. How long were you thinking of sticking around here? Not permanently? Or..?" She wondered where her daughter would head off to next. Perhaps she hadn't come back for good and was only visiting the lands before heading off once more.

<style>
[html]

PPed them getting there…. Hope its okay?

The young, black shewolf noticed how hard the subject was on her mother and immediately apologized, ”Oh, I’m sorry Momma. I didn’t realize I asked so bluntly.” She did have consideration for others, especially family that cared about her. The two wolves entered the caves, and Rio looked around in awe. Naniko made a sharp left, and Rio missed it. She was still walking slowly looking around with her mouth hung slightly open. It wasn’t until she heard her Mom start talking that she knew she took a wrong turn. She looked around and pinpointed where Naniko’s voice was coming from, and quickly caught up to her.

Rio caught just enough of what she said to know what to say next, ”Well, I was thinking of visiting you… Maybe staying for a day or two and then heading out to see Daddy.” She wanted to see him. She missed him, too. She wondered how things would be with them after all this time. She hoped he would welcome her warmly just as Nani did. She realized her mother must’ve said more before she caught up, and stood there looking a bit frazzled, ”What did you say before that? That I could stay where?” She felt a little dumb that she missed half of the alpha’s sentence because she stupidly wasn’t paying attention to where she was heading.

They kept walking and reached an opening in one of the stony walls. Rio peered inside and the room was huge, much bigger than the other rooms they had passed on their way here. Her mouth hung slightly open once more. ”Wow…” The awe spoke for her. Naniko’s room was huge, and nicely decorated. She had all her things in their own places, and a fire pit. Awesome. Rio stood by the doorway peering in. ”I can’t stay with you?”

Word Count → 307

Points → 3

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

It would be her daughter's choice if she ever chose to actually join the pack someday. Naniko would welcome her there with open arms, as she would to any family member of her. She wanted to be able to spend more time with the girl and hoped that she would choose to come back to Anathema after she visited her father. Naniko would never go back to the Crimson Dreams pack unless she absolutely had to, and even then there would be quite the internal struggle. So she hoped that Rio would return.

"Sorry, child. I had asked if you wanted to stay in Scorpius' room - it's attached to here. Unless you don't mind sleeping on furs out here. There's more room" She wanted to be able to accommodate her daughter. Rio would likely feel safer sleeping nearer to her mother, and Naniko didn't mind sharing her den for a few days. "I had asked if you planned on coming back here after you were done visiting Ehno or if you weren't in the market for a permanent home"

<style>
[html]
Hmm… is it possible to speed up time so that maybe we end this by them both going to sleep?

”Oh.” That was her own fault for not hearing Naniko the first time. Rio nodded as she came into her Mom’s room and looked around. She walked toward the back and peered into the small room attached. It was definitely small. She peered into it for a good minute, before swinging around and looking around the actual room. ”Is that where the pups will live while they are young?” She meant the small room.

She continued to look around the bigger room and found a suitable area nearby Naniko’s bed that she could put some furs down and sleep safely. She walked over to it, and pointed to the area, ”Can I sleep here with the furs? Do you mind?” She always had to ask if she minded; Rio felt almost like she was intruding a little. She came back so sudden and just moved right on in everything as life continued to go on. Rio looked up as Naniko restated her last question. A permanent home was something she hadn’t even thought about yet. She had just come back this very day, and already she was being pressured into where she should stay. ”Well, I don’t know yet, Momma. I just came back. I want to go see Daddy, and then I’ll come back and talk to you before I decide anything.” She sat down on her mother’s human bed, and toyed with the blankets uncomfortably. ”As for now, I’m not looking to stay anywhere permanently.”

She knew Naniko wanted her to stay in Anathema, but she wanted to go visit familiar places first before she was tied down. Not that being in a pack meant one was ‘tied down’ necessarily, but Rio wanted to stay neutral and free until she made up her mind completely. She also didn't want to dissapoint her mother, either.

<style>
#rio-textduo {width:500px;margin:0px auto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:1px;font-size:12px;font-family:Verdana, arial, sans-serif;line-height:15px;}
#rio-textduo p {text-indent:40px;}
#rio-textduo b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px; word-spacing:2px;}
#rio-textduo.ooc {text-align:right;font-size:10px;padding:0px;}
#rio-textduo.top {background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2yvotvo.png);background-position:top center;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-color:transparent;}
#rio-textduo.bottom {background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/20727bk.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:150px;}
#rio-textduo.wc {text-align:right;font-size:10px;padding:0px;}
#rio-textduo.pts {text-align:right;font-size:10px;padding:0px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sounds great! Closing :]] Also, as a reminder...it's sketchy for you to say that Rio "knew" that Naniko wanted her to stay in Anathema. Naniko never outright said that <3

"Probably. I can block that room off so that they're safe back there and can't get out." She said, nodding. She was glad that Rio would be spending a bit of time there, and hoped her kiddo would visit more in the future. They still had much to talk about as mother and daughter, but she wasn't going to push any of the subjects upon Rio if the girl wasn't ready to talk about them. She had enough respect for her child...Rio hadn't brought it up, and Naniko would not either.

"That's fine, dear. You know where I am if you decide someday. I don't get out much, what with everything that goes on here...so you know where to find me." The mother said. After a while she yawned, stretching her arms high above her head. She was tired from the day's events and wished to get some rest, herself. "I think I might take a bit of a nap now...sleep for a few hours, at least. I don't usually get much good sleep any more." She moved to lay down on her bed, yawning and drifting off into a peaceful slumber.

<style>
.James-K-01 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.James-K-01 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.James-K-01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#be8e77; text-shadow:#dcdcdc 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.James-K-01 {background-color:#f9f8f6; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:460px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/8578/jam11.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 147px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .James-K-01-border {width:462px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>
[/html]