a mountain is a mouth eating up the sky
[html]

Backdated to June 28. Set at the entrance of the Halifax Public Gardens. (WC:315)

It had taken her four days to get here. It had been a rather pleasant journey not counting the many tumultuous thoughts that tumbled around in her head. She had left Salsola in search of something new, but now that she was finally out, she didn’t know what for she looked. She had joined Salsola for reasons she could not explain, but understood inherently, and now as she stood looking at the wrought iron heading of the garden, she understood that not every decision could be explained through explicit reasoning. There was a sign, which was now positioned more horizontally than vertically, as it might have been when the humans were alive. That same sign was now more held up by vines and assorted plant life than it was the original iron posts.

It was interesting to look at how the garden, which she imagined had once been a prime example of human tending, had grown so large in the years of neglect. Or perhaps, it had simply been allowed to run free and return to its true form. Tayui smiled at the thought, thinking back to her conversation with Sirius. He had suggested she free herself from the chains of monotony, but the only thing that really held her back was him. Or, the idea of packs. Maybe she was deviating too far from instinct, but the entire idea of being bound for eternity to Salsola frightened her: she could not leave lest she be thrown out or killed, and if she did leave, even peacefully, she could never return.

She took one step forward and then another. She walked into the garden, wondering what awaited her in this overgrown Eden. She had lost her way in Halifax, but it had led her to this garden: it wasn't a coincidence and it wasn't ironic; it was just what had happened. She accepted it wholly.

<style>
.tayui-b01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.tayui-b01 p {padding:0px 35px 5px 35px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.tayui-b01 b {}
.tayui-b01 {background-color:#709777; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Lv1SV.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 60px 0px; border:1px solid #D0D9E1; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:13px; color:#000; width:475px; text-align:justify; }
.tayui-b01-border {width:477px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.tayui-b01 .separator{width:322px; border-bottom:1px dashed #fff; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Helix is in optime!

The crazy man fancied a walk. Halifax was an interesting city, and the hybrid was perfectly happy with shaking up there. His new home was in the catacombs of some old factory; he found a room full of moth-bitten, moldy fabric, and was delighted. It was exceptionally comfortable after a little rearranging. Helix had been lying low since then, investigating the human ruins he was so interested in. The man had scraped together an outfit after a few days of looting; an old Hawaiian shirt he found in a cellar, a pair of cutoffs, and a straw fedora. The man looked ridiculous, he knew, but loved it regardless. He hadn’t taken off the outfit in three days; Helix wanted to wear it forever. His obsession with human items was never ending.

Helix had been walking all day, with no place in particular in mind. The loner had seen the gardens a week ago, when he first arrived and made a mental note to check them out. Helix became especially interested in the location when he saw a ghost lingering at the doorway. The hybrid’s floppy ears perked up in anticipation, and realized he could catch her if he sped up a bit. Locals were hard to come by, he soon realized after a few days. Halifax wasn’t inhabited by many and he was disappointed to see that. This lady, however, might be able to fill him in where the packs were in the area. Helix walked towards her with purpose, finally.

Helix watched the ghost enter the garden and meander through it. The old man stalked the woman like prey, hiding behind overgrown bushes and nimbly hopping through the park until she was just a few meters away. “Lost your way?” Helix said loudly right behind her, toothy grin erupting. The male knew he’d probably scare the life out of her, and couldn’t wait to see her reaction.

<style type="text/css">
.helixclouds-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.helixclouds b {font-weight:bold; color:#91707e; letter-spacing:1px}
.helixclouds p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.helixclouds-line {width:300px; border-bottom:1px solid #ffffff; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
.helixclouds {margin:0 auto; background-color:#e7d8c9; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/30ldit1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 330px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8186a2; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #5d6d89; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Fae

[/html]
[html]

~<3

Tayui took her time as she moved through the shrubs and flowers. There were a few colourful flowers she had never seen before, but for the most part, she was able to identify the plants growing in this garden as native to Nova Scotia. While there were flowers still, it seemed as though most of the garden had been overtaken by weeds, hardier plants and trees. But here and there, she could still see bits of colour flourishing in the chaos. She liked it.

She lowered her head to sniff at one flower, wondering if it would have a particular smell. She inhaled and then sneezed and shook her head, trying to clear herself. What a smell!

As she began to lift her head up, she heard a loud shout from behind her. She pulled her head in tight and wheeled around to face the other wolf. The words didn’t register for a few more seconds, but by then, she already had her head low and a bit of her teeth showing. She did not like being snuck up on, and she felt that any reasonable canine would think the same.

She tried not to let the shock register on her face when she realized what he was wearing. He looked positively ridiculous; he had a faded shirt with foreign flowers and a broken, lopsided hat. She couldn’t laugh, since she didn’t know what he wanted to begin with, but he just looked… ridiculous!

“No, I’m quite alright. I’m just finding something.” She frowned, but did not raise her head. She kept it low and her eyes stayed wary. She didn’t trust him.

[/html]
[html]

So if this is too obvious I can edit it, but it makes sense that Shae would have described Tayui to Helix when they were reunited when Shae ran away after having her litter (remember that, like a zillion years ago?). huzzah drama! Sorry this is short, I suck. :< Also, these two should be friends hahah :3

The mutt’s grin turned into a pout when he realized the woman before him didn’t shriek or run away in fright. Purple eyes stared her down, taking in every feature of hers. The woman, this creature…. This thing before him sent fire coursing through his veins. The recognition sent the man into a rage. Backing up, Helix bared his teeth. “You’re Tayui, aren’t you,” the crazy man said quietly, realizing how good his luck was. Of the hundreds of potential females to find in this area, he finds one that could help him with his search?

“I know you,” Helix stared her down, trying to figure out if this woman was a threat or not. “You were my mother’s lover, the reason why she came back to me, the reason why she went crazy. Where is she? Helix demanded, the question forming a snarl in his throat. Shaeniire had told him all about Tayui; her peculiar eyes, her scars, her skunk stripe. There was no way this couldn’t be her. Tayui was Shaeniire’s downfall, at least in the crazy hybrid’s eyes.

Helix had traveled to this area with the phantom of a guess that his mother was still alive. She had returned to her Shadowed lands to live with Tayui. She never came back home, despite Dufaro’s attempt to bring her back. Dufaro had left so many years ago looking for his sister and the silver man was never to be seen again. Helix was next to search for her; he just wanted his mother back. She had given birth to a wonderful, powerful leader, and once Helix’s responsibilities were taken care of he had only wanted to find her again, to make sure she was okay. She would be so old these days, if she was still around.

<style type="text/css">
.helixclouds-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.helixclouds b {font-weight:bold; color:#91707e; letter-spacing:1px}
.helixclouds p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.helixclouds-line {width:300px; border-bottom:1px solid #ffffff; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
.helixclouds {margin:0 auto; background-color:#e7d8c9; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/30ldit1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 330px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8186a2; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #5d6d89; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Fae

[/html]
[html]

Naw, 's all good. Smile (WC: 300)

This time, Tayui couldn’t prevent her shock from showing. She didn’t know how this rather frightful wolfdog knew who she was, but her sense of distrust grew even more. After bursting out of nowhere and scaring the living daylights out of her, it seemed as though he had done it as a way of beginning a chat. With teeth, too. This didn’t bode well with Tayui, so she held her position and kept her head low. She knew as a canine on four legs, she could easily outrun him, but this garden was a maze of plants and broken asphalt. There would be no way of knowing if she could escape, especially if he wasn’t alone.

Tayui flashed her own teeth in reply when he spoke again, and soon replied with a warning growl for him to back off. She didn’t like his tone and she wasn’t so sure if she could even trust him enough to properly reply.

“If she came back to you, she must have loved you very much,” she began carefully. Tayui didn’t know if he believed in ghosts, but if Shaeniire had returned to this canine after she had died, then she must have cared for him in some way. Whoever this mystery puppy was. He certainly wasn’t Thanos and he wasn’t Chael, either. But Tayui thought if Shaeniire had returned to him, then that must have meant she had returned as a ghost. She must have loved her son very much to return like she had for Tayui.

“I don’t know where Shaeniire is,” she added. “I haven’t seen her in years,” she admitted. “I’d thought she’d finally left.” She would be surprised if Shaeniire had returned, again, to the world of the living. She deserved death and peace after everything she’d been through.

[/html]
[html]
I WANT TO BRING SHAE BACK AS A GHOST OMG OMG OMG just so the three can be all crazy together and reunite. XD at the very least, LETS HAVE A LASKY THREAD WHERE SHAE RETURNS FOR TAYUI AGAIN.

Tayui was different than what the man had initially come to expect. She could hold her own which surprised him, she was also still incredibly pretty despite her age. The woman commanded respect and clearly seemed like she had dealt with a lot during her long life. It made sense why Shaeniire loved the wolf before Helix.Despite his admiration the crazy man still growled as the skunk-striped woman responded to him. He took off his hat and held it in his hands.So she left you again, after all the shit she put you through? The man wasn’t sure if he wanted to tell her Shaeniire was his mother. If he let Tayui know this, then they’d technically be family… kind of.

Tayui maybe would understand his franticness if she knew, though.Of course I love her very much, she is my mother, after all. Do you know which direction she set off in? Or did she leave in the middle of the night again? Helix had no time for pleasantries and had no intention of giving Tayui his name unless she specifically asked for it. The man was unaware of his mother’s death or the fact that she reappeared to Tayui for a while as a ghost. If Helix knew, he would have been incredibly jealous. His time with his mother was stolen away from him by two lovely females in the Shadowed lands that Shaeniire couldn’t decide between.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly27 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f48335; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #254e27; }
.freebjuly27 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly27 {margin:0 auto; width:484px; background-color:#04b96a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/7YD8K.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 140px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0b052c; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.freebjuly27 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freebjuly27 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
Table by Alli! <3

[/html]
[html]

We could totally do an AIM thread between the three! And a LASKY thread yes please. Big Grin

Tayui was growing more and more agitated as the wolf spoke. He was very forthright and blunt, but so much so that it made it difficult for her to reply. It was as if he expected some sort of answer, and was already onto his second question before Tayui could respond. Even as he posed his second question, she knew his mind was made up -- about something. That thing, however, eluded Tayui as she could not quite figure out what his angle was. Yes, he was her son: she understood that much; but beyond that, she still struggled. He was angry. Tayui couldn't remember the circumstances of Shaeniire's other litter, but it must not have been pleasant if he was this upset. The fact that Tayui didn't remember it meant that Shaeniire had not spent much time with that family, either. How very sad.

"My boy," she began slowly, not realizing until it was too late the double-meaning, "she died many years ago. She fell down a cliff and died. When you said she came back to you, I thought you meant as a ghost. After she died, she returned as a ghost and stayed with me for a few months until she either lost herself or passed on. I'm sorry to give you this news; she was well-loved, by you -- and I." She didn't want to be the one to bring him such sad tales and she didn't want to be as unfeeling as Aurèle had when she had reported Noir's death, but it was so old and so long ago. Shaeniire had been dead for years, and while Tayui still thought of her, their family had been split up and the only remnant, Ember Phoenix, was gone too. She felt like she had lost everything that connected her to Shaeniire until now.

[/html]
[html]
Good call. Let’s do it sometime! I JUST HAD A BRAINWAVE. I might have him join Aniwaya and have Shae come back to him as his spirit guide! Maybe Tayui could tell him to go to Aniwaya and seek some spiritual help?

As soon as Tayui spoke and gave him the news, the hybrid’s heart plummeted.So I came all the way here for nothing the male thought, suddenly furious at his mother. And she was a ghost? The thought gave him some solace, as he was sure it gave Tayui once upon a time. She came back for a while and stayed with the mate she so dearly loved. But then she was gone, just like she always was.

“Oh,” the male said simply, quietly, letting his guard down. “Well that answers my questions, I guess,” he was in shock, despite the fact that the man tried to convince himself that she was dead so he wouldn’t be disappointed. But it still hurt to know this whole trip was in vain. “I’m… Helix, by the way,” he said, violet eyes gazing up into her own bi-colored ones. “Shae left Varnayamen when I was only 6 months old and came here. She left Hextor and Henna behind, too.” he was completely and utterly numb. “She came back to me when she had another litter and lost her mind for a bit. She was never very good at staying in one place, was she?” The man looked at Tayui with a sympathetic look in his eye for the first time since the two had met. There was no more malice in his eyes.

“I just wish that I could see her again, that’s all I ever wanted,”

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly27 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f48335; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #254e27; }
.freebjuly27 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly27 {margin:0 auto; width:484px; background-color:#04b96a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/7YD8K.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 140px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0b052c; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.freebjuly27 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freebjuly27 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
Table by Alli! <3

[/html]
[html]

He could be BFF's with Claudius so duh I say yes. Big Grin But Shaeniire couldn't be a spirit guide because she died too recently, so it would have to be something/someone else. (WC: 417)

Oh was all he said and Tayui said nothing in response. She didn’t want to say anything, for now was not the time. He had just learned that his long-lost mother was now long-dead. She didn’t want to do anything she would regret that would make this worse for him. She was to become a monster, but there were limits to what she would do. Intentionally hurting the son of her once-mate was not among those things.

He spoke again and Tayui replied this time with a slow nod. Indeed, it would answer some questions, but not all. Depending on how desperately he wanted to know something, she figured he would either question her in a few minutes or in days, months, or years. She might be a tough wolf to find, but it seemed as though she had a way of finding old friends and old acquaintances. She had found him, hadn’t she? And that had to count for something; even if their meeting wasn’t going exactly the way she would have wanted, had she known Shaeniire had a first litter.

And then he introduced himself. Tayui wasn’t sure if he had an incredibly strong character, or if he felt he owed her his name, but soon enough, his name turned into a tale and Tayui found herself listening with rapt attention.

“Oh,” Tayui replied, echoing Helix. “She returned to Varnayamen following the ghost of her dead brother,” she replied instinctively. “She came back to Jaded Shadows for a year or two. We were mates. We adopted two puppies and we were happy for a time. It was hard with her birth children never really being around. She… she was mates with another wolf, my best friend at the time. She and Fatin Kali were very much in love. They found a male to… well, give them the family they couldn’t have. But Shaeniire delivered the litter and just left. When she came back, she was a wreck. Fatin, her old mate, and Salvaged, the male who gave her her puppies were outraged. She abandoned her own children to find her dead brother, so it was… hard on everyone. And then we fell in love. I didn’t think it would be possible with everything that happened and I didn’t really understand everything myself, but I spent a lot of time with her when she returned. It was nice,” she concluded with a smile. “Tayui Aston,” she added, gesturing to herself with a paw, “and Shaeniire Vanim.”

[/html]
[html]

Yeah, I talked to Marit about it. I think I’m just going to have him be all “O_____O” one day because he’ll IMAGINE seeing shae and having her follow him around. Wrap? Or continue?

The man tried to listen to the pale wolf’s abridged story of his mother’s life without grimacing. She really was a ridiculous individual that seemed to cause pain and hurt with everyone she interacted with. He was always disappointed in her and hearing this horror story didn’t make him feel better. In fact, the hybrid couldn’t contain himself and rolled his eyes at the mention of her brother, Dufaro.

“He wasn’t dead. She saw a ghost, or something, and lost her mind. He ruined her. And our home,” Helix said without trying to hide his scorn. His uncle was not one of his favorite people. “But who knows. She was crazy. I thought I saw her as a ghost once or twice, but I thought I was crazy so I don’t really know. “ He didn’t really understand anything anymore.

“I didn’t realize she’d be a repeat offender. I’m sorry my mother caused so much harm. Do I have any relatives still hanging around? What about this Fatin Kali?” It might be a sore subject for Tayui to talk about, but the man didn’t really care. He was here now, so he might as well find out as much information as possible about the purple eyed woman’s secret life.

<style type="text/css">
.shipfog-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.shipfog b {font-weight:bold; color:#eb9449; letter-spacing:1px}
.shipfog p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.shipfog-line {width:400px; border-top:1px dotted #eb9449; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
.shipfog {margin:0 auto; background-color:#dd5139; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/2rfab6e.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9b3a2b; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:500px; border:1px solid #eb9578; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Fae

[/html]
[html]

Wrap up, I think? :}

He had too much anger. Tayui had loved Shaeniire so much, but she'd never felt like she had been wronged. Shaeniire had not asked to die, and certainly, maybe Shaeniire had followed her own foolishness and called it a ghost, but she hadn't known the girl very well before then. They had talked a few times and Shae had even tried to heal her burned legs before referring her to Acid, so Tayui didn't think she was in any position to judge. She could judge the real monsters: the ones who left pure destruction in their paths, not just broken hearts and sad smiles.

"My boy," she began gravely, "loving her was wonderful; I never regretted it and never will. You probably have family all over these parts; her blood children went on to have their own families. Shae's four kids had more children of their own and I think there are a very distant great-grandchildren in the different packs. I know for certain that Dierdre Rhiannon was a scion of your mother's and she had a few kids, but I don't know where they went off to. Ophelia Nekane had some children of her own, too, when she was rather young if I remember well, but I don't know their names. Ophelia, Thanos, Satin, and Chael were your mother's children, but farther than that is a mystery to me." She paused and then added: "I do hope you find what you're looking for, Helix."

[/html]