Rippling pebbles [joining]
"What a wake up call..."

A young female wolf opened her eyes to greet a new day - grumpily. She blinked several times, trying to push her fatigue aside, but the wariness clutching on her eyelashes dropped steadily through her entire body. She tried to remember the reason for feeling so weak and came up with nothing for the first couple of moments. Then it stroke her - hunger. The nothingness in her head drifted away as realization swept through her.She hadn't had a decent meal in ages. With an exasperated sigh she pushed against the ground and came to her paws. Her cushions ached and her bones let a gentle crack loose into the air. She chuckled, although deep down she felt nowhere close to being amused. Quite frankly , she was annoyed and tired.

A while back she started on a mission that had seemed very much plausible. Now she was not so sure. Looking for packs she only heard about in stories - what kind of creature with a bit of common sense would believe bedtime stories anyway? It just proved that going by instinct wasn't always the best of choices. Anyhow, she had travelled a far way from her initial home and had gone through too much to even consider taking the route back. So she might just as well figure her way around the new surroundings. But, first things first. She needed breakfast.

Lifting her muzzle up in the morning air, she closed her eyes, sniffing in. The first response was a frustrated grumble coming from her stomach, followed closely by an all-too-familiar, slightly painful sensation. She was definitely hungry.
Her eyes widened all of a sudden as her senses were filled with a peculiar scent. It wasn't prey and it definitely wasn't the scent of any other creature she had come across in the past months. It was something that grasped at her synapses violently - the scent of wolves! She must have done it! Vixen took in the scent like it was as precious as gold powder - and, in essence, that was the case. She had stumbled across what seemed to be a group of wolves.

Her innards flinched as her mind spun once. Wolves. Group of wolves. And she was inching closer to their borders , provided she hadn't accidentally already stepped past them. She was that clumsy, yeah. Amber eyes blinked worriedly. She had no means to defend herself against a large pack. Quite frankly, she had no means to defend herself against a group of wolves altogether , even if she would be outnumbered by one! Not that she wasn't a skilled fighter, mind you, but she's never really put her battle abilities to test.
Wait...that didn't come out right. Well, anyway, point was Vixen found herself on a completely strange territory with no one around to back her up in case there was trouble. Hiding her scent would do little good as well, so she didn't even consider the possibility. Yet again, why would she try to run away? After all, she had nothing left to lose.
[html]
300+
Welcome to Souls c:
also, I assumed that she is in her lupine form.

Why was he out? Why on earth was he out of his rooms, out of his studio? Why on earth was the redhead wandering the borders of a kingdom that had been so very quiet lately. News from other packs was not as wonderful as the man had liked. Phoenix Valley and Dahlia merging? That knocked out the threat of another Dahlian and Infernian war, but it left a void of land for others to take. That was the biggest question from that area. But their far south neighbors, AniWaya were facing something stranger still; someone came to dethrone the Chief, Kalona, whatever. Strelein still had a mild interest in the tribe. But a group of violent guardians? That made him nervous.

Strelein walked the borders, too early for him to really be awake. His eyes were opened but his mind was elsewhere. He wished he had not left that morning and had still been draped over Noss's form beside him. Instead, he had risen with the sun and donned a light red shirt and khakis. The bangle on his arm was clinking against the metal studs in his belt but he ignored it. It was sunny and it was not something he wanted to feel; it was hot, even with light clothes. Nude was not an option, so he grinned and bore the heat in cloth.

A scent hit his nares and the man searched about, ears swiveling. But his steps still went forward as he neared the source of the smell. It was not someone from any pack near by, none that he knew. Maybe it was the new mountain pack's? But it would have been similar to the Dahlian or the Valley scent. He approached the cause of the scent, a female he knew, and wondered who they were and what they wanted with the Kingdom. He was more surprised to see someone he did not knew with a scent he did not recognize. "Can I help you?" he asked gently, hand on a tree as he eyed the stranger.

<style>
.strel-txt {font-family: garamond, georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:1px; margin:0px 25px auto; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; text-align:justify;}
.strel-txt .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/GEuNG.png); background-position:center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border: 0px solid #000; padding 0px 0px 10px 0px; }
.strel-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}
.strel-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding: 0px 5px 0px 0px;}
.strel-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
.strel-txt .line {width:150px; border-bottom:1px dashed #000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
Thank you so much! ^.^ Yup, she is. // 400+w

A voice behind her flung against her brain and she spun around, startled. Bright amber eyes, round with incipient fear rested on the figure of a man, but they slowly turned to an expression of surprise mixed weirdly with a tint of relief. "I believe so." The female replied. "Or so I hope." She added, coming to a sitting position, her tail wrapping neatly around her paws. She couldn't really go for her Luperci form at that point, not while she still lacked proper attire.

For the time being she forgot everything about her hunger and attempts to go for a hunt. She was pretty much fascinated of finally getting to see another of her kind. It's been too long..., she figured silently, not ceasing for one moment with her analysis, greedily taking in the features of the man. She realized she was lagging all of a sudden and she dragged herself back to her senses, speaking calmly, although still jostled by the unexpected apparition.

"I have information regarding large groups of wolves around these areas. The last time I got directions was some good weeks ago, so I guess that I could take advantage of our encounter to get a confirmation of sorts." She smiled warmly, her coppered-gaze beaming enthusiastically in the early sun light. "Surely, not before we introduce each other. I'm Vixen. With whom do I have the honour to share this warm morning?"
Being friendly wasn't something that she picked up along the way, it came naturally, but she hadn't really expected to feel somewhat at ease once she had got closer to her goal. Maybe it was the warmth of the day, the gentle breezes that had somehow influenced her mind and mood.Or she was still under the influence of the long hours of slumber - agitated sleep was a challenge in itself, so perhaps fatigue got the best of her or it just annihilated her self-defence systems momentarily. That would most likely be the case, seeing how she's been on her guard ever since she left her homeland. Vixen's ears pricked and her eyes lost focus for a moment. She didn't really remember much about the place she had come from - either than the fact that it was well deserted and that it bore the experience of not-so-happy events.

Moving her head gently, she decided to snap out of it. She had made a promise to herself to never dwell in the past again. She intended to do just that - look and aim only for the future. Making eye-contact with the stranger again, her mind whirled. She had so many questions at the ready! But, for now, it would be best if she let the man introduce himself before she could start on her assault.
[html]
300+
Just wanted to make sure you knew but clothes are not required for luperci form, Strel stresses it simply because he is a tailor and that's how he earns his 'keep'.

Every time the man came to the borders by chance, he always found someone who needed help. Last time it had been Ever, but she was no pup anymore, not at her age. She was grown and he had missed the chance to raise a child, even though it was still not something he was terribly longing for. It would have to happen eventually, but now, children were but a mystery to him. This one was either tired or hungry. Or both. It was not new. At least they had a good store in the basement of the hotel. Good thing too, or else the redheaded man would have starved. Even with Noss's hunts. Well, in for a penny, in for a pound.

Strelein raised a brow a tad at the woman, tail slightly moving behind him. The formalities were different in this form, and he was not going to get on all fours while dressed. But he knew he outranked her, but he was not about to demand absolute and tell her to bite her tongue like he knew his old alpha would have. But that alpha would have also flayed him alive for being on two feet as well. "Information served you fine. You know you're on the borders. You're on the borders of Cour des Miracles. The court of miracles. We're, to be honest, a motley crew." He gave a slightly bow, a mocking thing he had always done for Jacquez in good natured fun. He figured it was high time to bring the gesture back. "I'm Strelein von Rosnete. I've been here.. for a very long time. So feel free to ask away."

At times, the redhead felt maybe he had been here too long. But other times, he just felt like he had no where else he would rather spend his days. Noss have felt differently, but the man was strange and he was not exactly a courtly wolf. But Strel, Strel was a courtier through and through. It showed through his smile, sly but broad as it was.

<style>
.strel-txt {font-family: garamond, georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:1px; margin:0px 25px auto; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; text-align:justify;}
.strel-txt .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/GEuNG.png); background-position:center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border: 0px solid #000; padding 0px 0px 10px 0px; }
.strel-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}
.strel-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
</style>
[/html]
Oh! XD Thank you for the info!
370w
----------------------------------

The way he spoke next brought her walls back up. Strange, to say the least for the man did nothing to threaten her or make himself look ominous in any way. Maybe the young female was just acknowledging her position and something in her defence mechanisms triggered the reaction. She stiffened for a moment and the fur on her shoulders bristled as an unpleasant chill went down her spine. Cour des miracles. Fancy name. She thought once the one now known as Strelein brought up the subject. "Oh..." she exclaimed, a tint of admiration quite obvious on her frame. She had never met anyone with such a name before, let alone hear of a pack that seemed so pretentious. What was she getting herself into , again?
She shook her head. As intimidating as the circumstances might have seemed, she knew her purpose well enough to refuse to back down whatsoever. She took in a subtle, preparatory breath and made sure her smile and friendly look were both intact. "Honoured to meet you. I am afraid my name is not as impressive as yours, but just for manners' sake, those who know me call me Vixen." She dipped her head formally.

"Before I ask any more questions, I would like to apologize for intruding. Yet I've been on this journey for so long, looking for a pack. I used to tell myself it's only for curiosity-related reasons, but apparently I've been wrong. How, just how is it like to be part of Cour des miracles?"
Her eyes beamed as they lifted once more to meet the man's gaze. The tip of her tail twitched once, showing a distant trace of uneasiness. Quite frankly, she was close to becoming the victim of her insecurity once again. The fact she has always been inquisitive, on the other hand, managed to keep her from collapsing - just as always. One paw reached forward and drew a thin line in the fine layer of dust covering the earth. She felt shy. Inexperienced. Somehow vulnerable. No, that was actually for a good reason - if she were to take one single wrong step, she'd find herself in more trouble than she could possibly handle.
[html]
300+
If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Also, hehe, the word count is for our pack game.
Loners do not have a game other than Word of the Day. c:

The man gave an easy laugh. "More of a mouthful. My mother had a fascination with European culture, though that was really all she could take from humans without repercussions." His old pack had been traditional and human things were shunned or destroyed if any pack member brought it in. The redhead absentmindedly touched the bangle on his arm, remembering briefly how it came to his possession. "Most people just call me Strel, or just 'hey, you over there'." He shrugged at the woman, dismissing her notion that his name was anything other than a stupid thing his mother thought would be clever. If Vixen thought it anything other than what it was, the man was going to have to disappoint her. "Oddly enough, never met anyone named Vixen. So, I guess it is special, if you want to think of it that way?"

Strel waved off her apologies. She was clearly in no state to be considered an enemy. And he was sure Haven was more than a match for most outsiders meaning ill intent. "We have more than enough capable of handling a single trespasser." But the redheaded man did not let the woman know of the problem his best friend had encountered near Crimson Dreams. Someone had tried to seduce Mati and her mate, and it had not gone well for either; they were jittery about it. But the man did not think that anything like that would happen in the middle of the Kingdom. Though things were happening, everyone was more or less alright.

"Part of? It's been a bit quieter than I'd like.. to be honest. But when we all get together, it's a party. Last time, it was a ball to celebrate our first birthday... but that was so long ago. We're overdue for one. But there was music, dancing, drinks, and food. Humany. You know." He shrugged; it had been a fun time, the outfits had been gorgeous and he got to play Erika again, his lute. "But as I said, it's been quiet. I'll try to fix that soon enough." The man stretched his arms to the sky briefly, then relaxed again, well at ease. Strel leaned against the tree, shoulder hard against it. "We're not fond of murderers though. Or thieves. Or rapists. I'm sure you're none of those."

<style>
</style>
[/html]
Ay! Aren't I silly?! XD

Well, he had an interesting mother. Her own did nothing but teach her how to survive after her siblings passed away violently. She forced the memories from her head, the past was far from her and she needn't drag it along. She noticed his gesture and her eyes swept rapidly over the bangle adorning his arm. She was slightly puzzled. All of this was so new for her, so... peculiar, even. She never thought of humans as being fascinating, yet here she was, face to face with a wolf whose connections to the human world went deeper than she could ever thought possible.
What has she been missing on all this time? A lot, apparently. She was aware of the mutations in her own body and has been bright enough to realize that was not natural, so something must have caused it. All she knew was that what was happening to her species was something out of nature's league.
"Do you have stories to go with that thing on your arm, too?" Her childish tone surmounted the curiosity building up in her with every new word the man uttered.

She's never thought of her name as special. It was, granted, a token given to her by her mother after the struggles she's been through even as a newborn. She's been tricky, the way a fox would be, tricky enough to get away from death on several occasions. "I don't think of it as anything but a resort to my identity." She answered, seemingly spacing out for a couple of seconds. She was still thinking about the bangle. Little did she know that things would get even more tangled up as the man went on.

Her eyes widened in surprise as he told her about partying (a term she's barely heard twice in her lifetime), about customs she has never tried or seen before. It was all both fascinating and terrifying - but, she guessed, that was the way of a being around the unknown. She sighed and smiled. Was there something wrong with peacefulness?
"How would you know?" She asked after Strel made a point about her personality not being littered by misdeeds or ill-intentions of any sort. If anything, she was a cheater. But that was a skill a loner had to master in order to survive.

"Everything you say sounds so...new." She felt bizarre, almost guilty for being so poorly evolved, for knowing so little, for having experienced only the ancestral kind of life. A soft chuckle escaped her as she went on. " So, what are your plans for fixing the peace and quiet, then?" She aked, a playful glimmer in her eyes.
[html]
300+
really sorry for the delay :c normally I would have replied the next day since you're a joiner but some stuff came up Dx

He broke from his reverie to glance startled at the woman. With a quick, glance down at the human creation on his wrist, the man smiled meekly at the stranger. "Of course there is, but that is probably a story for another time. I don't feel much up to souring your day with dismal stories." The story was not terribly dismal, but Strel had nothing but contempt in his voice when he spoke of how he acquired the trinket. "Perhaps if I catch you around again and you feel like being disgusted, I will." Strelein dropped his arm and fought the itching to wrap his fingers around the bangle again.

She did not think much of her name, but the man could not blame her. He barely thought about his until he had run off to Toronto. "If you think so. I think that names will win without. You are who your name says you are," he finished cryptically, laughing slightly because her name was not exactly the most innocent of things to be named. If anyone took her name that way, anyway.

"I don't," he said with a knowing smile. "But what I know quite well is that there are plenty of gentleman here who would not hesitate to bring you to your knees before they throw you out, hackles raised and all that jazz." He waved his hand at her, wondering if she was honestly the sort to pillage and rage. Nah, Haven alone would be enough to take care of this hungry woman. Strel cocked his head briefly, examining her and decided that she was probably barely a threat if that.

The redheaded man shrugged his shoulders, feeling the cloth around him rising slightly and shifting with his movements. "Maybe. It was once new to the lot of us so I'm not too surprised. I didn't know jack about the humans when I was younger, either." Gazing at the sky, the man noticed the time passing (another trick that Noss had taught him). Good. That meant less time in the day to be bored. "I want to through a party." He glanced at the woman wickedly. "A party on the beach, with drinking, dancing, and music. Does that sound lively?"

<style>
</style>
[/html]
OOC: It's okay, no worries! ^_^
--------------------------------------

She nodded, not willing to insist. Whatever the story of the piece of jewellery was, it wasn't something the man seemed to be thrilled about, let alone share with a stranger. She could understand that. Everyone had stories to tell, and not every story was a happy one, so that people decided to keep information to themselves, hence protecting their own mental state. Vixen could relate to that.
"I will make sure to come looking for you whenever that happens." she answered jokingly.

She blinked in surprise at his philosophical remark and a moment later she laughed out loud. "I'm fairly afraid of what my name may say about me, so please, let us concern ourselves with discovering personalities instead."
She gave him a crooked grin as he mentioned the rather swift and effective intervention of the members of the pack, should she be any sort of threat. "That information will come in handy." She replied simply. She wasn't the kind to stir trouble or find content in violence and mischief, not out of fear, but simply because she enjoyed things simple, practical and quiet. At that point she seemed to be quite the pacifist.

What came next? Well, nothing more and nothing less, but a party! "Oh..." She wasn't sure what to say, but her fascination beamed visibly in her eyes. She tried to picture all kind of figures dancing to the sound of an artificially-generated sound, just having fun and enjoying themselves without a worry in the world. It sounded and it looked all so mighty attractive in her mind and she found the prospect almost irresistible. "That actually sounds less harmful than what I had in mind, seeing how I'm so ominous and all." Vixen joked, sustaining her idea with a burst of laughter.

"On a more serious note..." she began, reluctantly. "Is Cour des Miracles accepting new members?" She was afraid of the answer, but it had to be done. It was there and then that she would find out whether her journey had been for nothing or not.
[html]
300+
You should be accepted sometime soon c:

A party was what the man wanted, but he would have to talk to Vigilante about it. The problem was not with Vigilante, but probably of their memories. Strel had few issues talking with the King but perhaps he would. Especially knowing what had passed between the tailor and his mate's only brother. But it would have to happen if he truly wanted something so elaborate to happen. And it may have to wait for the weather to turn for a better reason for a celebration, especially if he wanted it to be big and grand and magnificent. Strelein had so many plans but so much rode on others and their choices.

The woman asked a serious question and the man paused, his grin shifting into a line. Was he qualified to say this? To really discuss anything about Cours as though he were a leader here? Before he could stop himself, the redheaded tailor shrugged, rolling his shoulders. "I believe we are. I was not told otherwise." There was no surplus of members here, and a big kingdom was always a good thing; strength came in numbers. But so did diversity and diversity was something the man thrived on, grew with. Change was good and strangers brought change. So the man was sure they were still looking for more, accepting more into the borders. Good thing they kept expanding too, or else it would have been hard to keep such a populous well spread.

Sighing once, the man nodded. "There should be no problem, especially since you're about as threatening as this tree." It was not meant to be rude but the truth that he saw. However, plenty of people wanted to be useful, especially if they wanted to fit in with their new home. "What do you figure you could help us with?"

<style>
</style>
[/html]