And this is what I choose
[html]
300+
lets git this drum rollin'

Strel sat outside of the hotel, absentmindedly reading an old book on sewing designs. But it was hard to focus on the patterns when the words were swimming on the pages. A few words jumped out at him now and then, but those were words he knew so well by heart now. He could not read the rest of them and it made his eyes scrunch up as he tried to ignore them. The patterns were why he was reading the book. Well, not even reading it, but browsing through it. The sun filtering through the tree canopy above him made it even harder to focus properly as they left a dappled shadow over the book held in his hands. Rubbing at his eyes in a huff, the tailor put the book down in his crossed legged lap. The grass was poking at his exposed ankles and feet as he leaned back against the tall tree in the Hotel courtyard.

The redhead watched the leaves dance above him, the wind tugging them around gently. The sun filtered onto him, the blinding light vanishing behind green now and then. It made his eyes water after only a few moments, but the tailor blinked and went another round with the warm sunshine. It felt nice to be out in world, outside of his studio for once. He felt like he was turning into one of those lazy humans. But he was lean as ever; maybe it was the lack of food that kept him trim. But Strel always had a fast metabolism.

Picking up the book again, the redhead sighed as he opened it to his original page. The design was a simple one but the words stuck out evermore. He furrowed his brows and focused on the images. It was hard to ignore something he didn't understand and couldn't comprehend. But he tried anyway. He tried.

<style type="text/css">
.sanctuary2 b {font-weight:normal; color:#e0b3e5; letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:12px;text-shadow:#eec4f3 0px 0px 3px; }
.sanctuary2 .ooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px 60px 5px 60px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#eec4f3; text-align:center; text-shadow:#27034b 0px 1px 1px;}
.sanctuary2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 35px 0px 35px; margin:0px;}
.sanctuary2 {margin:0 auto; width:490px; background-color:#452286; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Bp74G.png), url(http://i.imgur.com/tW6E3.png); background-position:top center,bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #e0b3e5; padding: 80px 0px 25px 0px; font-family: Times new Roman, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#ae9cc7; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
.sanctuary2-b {width:492px; border:1px solid #1a0333; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
ohsnap! c:

There was no denying that, despite being only halfway between his fifth and sixth years, the dog King felt terribly old as of late. Much had happened and he had yet to come to terms with it all, most notably the pressing absence of his first-born son. Noah had been gone for over a week now and Vigilante did not expect him to return soon, if he ever did. They had not parted on good terms, the accusations his son had thrown at him present in his mind now, where they had been echoing for many days.

The only thing to give him something to focus on was his new litter, growing larger in his mate's womb each day. It was not the right time for this, he knew. Members had been attacked, his own pack had housed two rapists, one of which had been banished and one deceased, killed by the King's own powerful jaws. Vigilante approached the hotel with purpose now, though it seemed he always went there with an express reason. He did not frequent the hotel otherwise, spending more time in Lunenburg or patrolling.

His age and recent events had worn him down quite a bit and he was unsure of how this meeting was going to go. Hopefully it would be a lucrative action to seek out the tailor. As he came into view of the hotel, the dog turned his thick-furred head to look at the redheaded man. "Hello, Baron von Rosnete," the Haskel man spoke formally. "May I have a word with you?"

<style type="text/css">
.meghann006 b {font-weight:normal; color:#5f2c2c; letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;text-shadow:#e5e0db 0px 1px 1px; }
.meghann006 .ooc {padding: 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#743124; text-align:center;}
.meghann006 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px;}
.meghann006 {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#9faecd; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/XGNK4.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #f0cd9c; padding: 10px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: Times new Roman, sans-serif; font-size:14px; color:#955e65; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
.meghann006-b {width:482px; border:1px solid #371009; margin:0 auto;}
.meghann006 .line1 {width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #955e65; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
000+
lets git this drum rollin'

His visitor was unexpected. Usually it was Noss that came upon him or one of the kingdom's women who wanted something made for them or their children. So a visit from the King, his liege, was entirely unexpected. A lot of things, lately, had been unexpected. Strel eyed his king as he came past the wrought iron fence. The book went to his side as he rose to his feet, brushing off dry grass off his pants. The king seemed worn to him, but Strel could have just been guessing. Things were not easy for anyone lately. Or so it had felt. At least to him. What with Noss trying to court him in the tradition that he was raised to and Strel being foreign to. It was all very silly, but confusing nonetheless.

The man held back a desire to ask why so formal; the king seemed to be here on a rather serious note, especially since the king was not big on formality for casual visits. So this was for no casual event, that was clear. Strel gave his leader a straight face, give a slight bow of his upper body. He could not forsake all of his inherent flair. "Of course." Strel eyed Vigilante with a curious look."Is something wrong, M'lord?" Alright, so Strel could not possibly knock out his informality entirely. It was just too hard for him to be purely serious. Well, unless it was war that the king wished to discuss. That was never funny.

<style type="text/css">
.sanctuary2 b {font-weight:normal; color:#e0b3e5; letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:12px;text-shadow:#eec4f3 0px 0px 3px; }
.sanctuary2 .ooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px 60px 5px 60px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#eec4f3; text-align:center; text-shadow:#27034b 0px 1px 1px;}
.sanctuary2 {margin:0 auto; width:490px; background-color:#452286; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Bp74G.png), url(http://i.imgur.com/tW6E3.png); background-position:top center,bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #e0b3e5; padding: 80px 0px 25px 0px; font-family: Times new Roman, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#ae9cc7; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

"I am old," he responded ambiguously. Vigilante was certainly not as old as some, but his life had aged him much more quickly than most had to grow. "Mysterious Brute has been banished. Keese is dead. My son is gone." Perhaps it was a strange way to begin this conversation, particularly with how formal he had been upon approaching the tailor. He recalled the day that Jacquez had requested that he join the ranks of leadership. He had been vague and had not actually asked until after Vigilante had propmted him to. This would not be the case now; it was not the way Vigilante handled business and he much preferred it that way.

His gaze followed the roof line of the hotel. "I cannot do this alone anymore. I think I have done well with all that we are, but I need help. I have grown tired," no, not recently, he had been tired for many months now, "and Ayita is expecting again." The timing was terrible, but there was nothing he could do to change it. He would not had changed it if given the option, but he did wish that it was not a time when everything that could go wrong... Was.

"I know you have been a dedicated member of the kingdom for quite a while now. I would like to ask you to consider stepping up to fill the role of Dauphin, if you are willing and interested," he said, finishing his speech. Another moment passed and he allowed his sharp gaze to settle on Strelein's face. It was certainly a question that carried quite a bit of weight to it.

<style type="text/css">
.meghann006 b {font-weight:normal; color:#5f2c2c; letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;text-shadow:#e5e0db 0px 1px 1px; }
.meghann006 .ooc {padding: 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#743124; text-align:center;}
.meghann006 {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#9faecd; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/XGNK4.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #f0cd9c; padding: 10px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: Times new Roman, sans-serif; font-size:14px; color:#955e65; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
.meghann006 .line1 {width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #955e65; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
300+
I have not edited my ooc text like an idjiot

It certain was a very odd way to start a serious discussion. Before Strel could protest the man's description of himself, he stopped. Vigilante went on, a hint of exhaustion and stress creeping into his usually fiercely strong voice. Things had been happening to the man that were clearly wearing him down, and not for the better. He was having a hard time, clearly. "I'm sorry," he said simply, humbly, in apology for the man's absent son. Strel had no idea why his son, Noah if he recalled correctly, had left them. He himself had never experienced a family member, close and cherished, leaving him. Nor did he know what brought the son to leave his father and mother and his homeland. But since when was he one to judge? He who left his own home in disgust? He could not judge the boy for leaving. "I hope he returns soon." As to the banishment of Mysterious, he could say little. Rumors were he was a rapist. And as for Keese, that man was notorious. He had been overheard Anatoliy coming into the hotel looking for Alaine, to come heal Anann. Questions told him a vague story, but it was more than enough to know Keese asked for death the moment Anann vanished.

Vigilante's mate was expecting again? That meant more work for him, as a tailor of course. The woman and her daughter enjoyed his work quite a lot, and he was glad for that. But it did not seem to bring the king much joy. That was more concerning. So Strel kept listening to the man's brief speech. And he himself was suddenly speechless. He had been wanting to play a bigger role in the kingdom, but it was still a surprise that he had even been considered at all. Well, kind of surprising. The redhead only looked at his king briefly, then nodded solemnly, the first time in a long while. "I will. If I am needed, I will serve." His look was serious, but he could not help his heart pounding hard in his ears in the meantime.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

A short, sympathetic statement was the reply, but it was not what the dog King was looking for. Vigilante had not known exactly where he was going with his short speech until it had ended. Strelein listened, though, as the dog King knew that he would, taking in the seemingly fruitless words of the righteous killer until he had finished. The Baron said nothing regarding Mysterious or Keese, and for that, Vigilante was thankful. Both had deserved what they had gotten, perhaps deserving even more than they had been delivered to them.

"I do not want you to accept unless it is something you truly want," he added after the tailor replied. "And if you need time to think it over, that is fine. Just know that I think you are the best man for the job," or he would not have asked. He felt confident that Strelein could handle leadership. The Kingdom had not always had much luck with leaders in the past. One King had abandoned them without word, and the former Dauphine had left to follow him when she feared he was sick, taking her family with her. The third, the Constable before the now-King, was dead, having thrown herself from a cliff. Vigilante did not want Strelein to feel pressured into accepting the position the dog mutt was offering, and he worried that such a quick reply meant just that.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]