Was the fire always so cold?
[html]
300+
One of these days I will have myself an angry / serious Strel table. No. Really.Also had no idea how to really start this.
Predated to the evening of the12th.

There were rumors running rampant in the wind, and most of it had been far from pleasant to the ears and equally as welcome. Strel had a habit of picking these things, from travelers and things other members had said, having seen them first hand. The first one was not entirely new, but it was curious. A new leader in the AniWayan tribe had presented himself and dethroned the previous Chief. Not uncommon but it was unexpected. Strel thought little of it, and hoped that the people of the tribe were adjusting just fine to it. That was not the parts that concerned him. It was more like he was worried for his lover's sister. She held a council rank in the Tribe and would be affected by a new leader. Had she lost her scepter as well?

Strel had this habit of visiting Ralla without Noss knowing. The man would pout and huff about it when he got home a long while later, especially over how he was never taken with him. But the redhead simply found a way to distract him and make it up to him. It wasn't exactly the hardest thing in the world, but it was a meaningful apology. He would have to make it up to him as well for this. Strel shrugged it off; it was no big deal. Noss knew it was not done to spite the man, but he did enjoy private talks with his lover's sister.

After a painfully long travel, the man found himself at the fence again. Still he was unsure of what to do. At least he was doing this sober and clean, but that did not help much when he wondered if he ought to howl or to wait for Ralla to sniff him out on her patrol. He put a hand on the cold fence. The scent markers were different, but he figured it was the leader's doing. He was new after all.

<style type="text/css">
.sanctuary2 b {font-weight:normal; color:#e0b3e5; letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:12px;text-shadow:#eec4f3 0px 0px 3px; }
.sanctuary2 .ooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px 60px 5px 60px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#eec4f3; text-align:center; text-shadow:#27034b 0px 1px 1px;}
.sanctuary2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 35px 0px 35px; margin:0px;}
.sanctuary2 {margin:0 auto; width:490px; background-color:#452286; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Bp74G.png), url(http://i.imgur.com/tW6E3.png); background-position:top center,bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #e0b3e5; padding: 80px 0px 25px 0px; font-family: Times new Roman, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#ae9cc7; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
.sanctuary2-b {width:492px; border:1px solid #1a0333; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
OOC: Of course it goes without saying that you may have all pp power over the pups while you have them; just PM me for any questions concerning them ^^ (Nootau: Visible) Also, feel free to pp them to wherever :3

After the other day, Ralla was determined to send her three youngest out of the tribe as soon as possible. She would take whatever punishment Maska dealt out if he so saw fit--so long as her children were far, far away. Ayasha herself would have none of it and refused to leave, however much Ralla wanted to send her off to safety, too. Selfishly, she thought, at least she would have someone to share the big tree hut with and to share her emotions with when everyone else was holed up and scared. She would call another secret meeting soon near the ocean cliffs, where they would discuss the recent raid on Crimson Dreams. It was unsettling, but she had not had a chance to actually call the meeting since there was a lot of hype over the capture of one of Crimson Dreams' own. There was rumor of a large parley to be held, but it had yet to be observed.

Sugar, her loyal brown quarter horse, was with her that day beneath the red maple tree, grazing as Ralla went about her hut packing certain things. The white woman's left arm ached still as she used it, and she worried about reopening a cut or two. Seeing blood would not be good morale for her children, and the white bandages twining up her arm had already had them worried. She had a vague idea of couriering the pups to the nearest pack--Cercatori d'Arte, if need be--so that she could be gone and back without much of a fuss and alert to the Guardians. She would beg the pack to take them, if necessary. Everything afterwards she would just deal with. It was Nootau--who swooped in through the window and perched on the nearest shelf--that brought her attention to a new development. "Pack everything and go to the Eastern border," he said, leaning forward so that he had to spread his golden wings to keep balance. The order was curious--in fact, Nootau had never ordered her before, only made suggestions--but she never questioned his guidance and immediately finished her packing, carefully lowering everything to the ground. The pups--who were rapidly growing in size--were already with the horse, although they were oblivious to what their mother was doing. They only thought that perhaps they were going on a picnic. Granted they were not completely ignorant of the goings-ons within the tribe, but, being children, did not take into account the severity, and were thus not as affected. Even the large packs on Sugar--which were little more than large saddle-bags that could fit a small pup or two--were normal for them, since Ralla had used them when they were younger to take them further into the territory at faster paces.

What she met at the border was quite unexpected, but not at all unwelcome. In fact, it made Ralla believe that the spirits had been watching over her, and had sent the man. If they could do that, then surely they could cure the tribe of the poison taking it from the inside out. "Strelein!" she called out, the relief evident in her voice. Through the fence of the territory she could see his red fur, and the children burst into a run to meet their Edutsi, Ahiga at the forefront as always. They easily squirmed through the space underneath the decrepit chain-link fence, but Ralla and Sugar had to walk a few paces the other way to bend through a weakness in the fence, that which Ralla had to hold open so that Sugar could walk through without cutting himself on the sharp edges of the metal. "You have no idea how good it is to see you. But come, we must not talk here." The way she said it should've been enough incentive for them to move, but she awaited Strel's understanding to come. Her nerves were frayed, so she supposed that her normally eloquent manner was lacking. But who could blame her?

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.
[html]
000+
I finished off the last few mouthfuls of my extra strength monster and decided WHY NOT. WHY NOT PAINT MERMAIDS AND POST GAY.

All three of Ralla's children at him, and the man could scarcely figure out how he felt about it. He never had any younger siblings like Zachs had him and his littermates. But the redhead man crouched as they all ran at him, letting him grab at him. He grinned easily at them, letting them tug at his clothes, though pulled their wandering teeth away from his hair. Ralla seemed tired, much like everyone else lately. Vigilante, and now Noss's sister were strained from something. But the woman had three kids to manage with no mate to help out. Of course she was tired. She and her horse came beneath a large dent in a fence, and the woman hustled them along. There was an edge to her voice, a warning of sorts that made him scoop up his only 'niece' and carry her while her brothers followed along beside the two adults.

Strel's lavender eyes shot at the bags on the horse's back, and he raised a brow at them. "So what's with the bags, Ralla? Going somewhere?" he asked, taking note of her appearance. It was hard to miss the bandages on the woman's wrist, even with her skin pale while and the bandages a similar shade, if not a tad darker. That was not something to ask about in front of children, especially in front of the mother's children. A child should never learn of their parents' weaknesses until they themselves felt them as well. And it Ralla's voice still egged him away from the fence. "What's going on?" he muttered slightly, a serious tone edging into his words.

<style type="text/css">
.sanctuary2 b {font-weight:normal; color:#e0b3e5; letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:12px;text-shadow:#eec4f3 0px 0px 3px; }
.sanctuary2 .ooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px 60px 5px 60px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#eec4f3; text-align:center; text-shadow:#27034b 0px 1px 1px;}
.sanctuary2 {margin:0 auto; width:490px; background-color:#452286; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Bp74G.png), url(http://i.imgur.com/tW6E3.png); background-position:top center,bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #e0b3e5; padding: 80px 0px 25px 0px; font-family: Times new Roman, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#ae9cc7; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]
OOC: Well, now I want to paint now, too :I Depressing-ramble-post is depressing >_<

They walked until they came upon the same copse of trees that Ralla had brought Bangle to not too long ago--like before, it kept them safe from prying eyes and would shroud them from any suspicion. Strelein hit the mark dead on with his first question, albeit... "Not me, specifically," she said a bit wistfully. Not that she wanted to leave AniWaya at all, but she...she just wished that it would go back to the way it was before. The way it was now... It was almost like she had to run away just to see it again, like it had moved and been replaced. But she knew that that wasn't the answer and that her home was still there under the layers of hate and conspiracy.

The children were so preoccupied with Strelein that they didn't pay their mother's next words much heed--they had, unfortunately, heard much worse as things escalated within the tribe. It would not be long until they knew the full extent of words and meanings, and they would no longer be able to hide behind childhood innocence. "It's all terrible," she said while gripping her left arm, the bandages spanning all the way to just below her shoulder. Wematin had not been merciful, and yet...she knew that if things continued, it would not be the last time he sought her and her tribe mates out. It was all far from over. "Chief Dawali... He and I are no longer leading AniWaya. A man from the Great Tribe--Maska--came and assumed leadership, but the way he rules us... It's not the tribe I once knew." The white mother sat next to her children and held Alaster close to her chest, patting his head. "There are Guardians--Maska's special warriors--and they're as ruthless as he is. They've hurt my family," she said with fervor, although when she said 'family' it was meant for her entire tribe. "And Maska ordered a raid on Crimson Dreams the other day, too, all because he thought they were planning something malicious. Can you imagine? Crimson Dreams at war with us? AniWaya at war at all?" "Those men are meanies!" Aleu piped up from Strelein's arms, although Ralla doubted that the small girl knew the full extent of just how 'mean' they were. Nootau had previously alighted on a branch and was playing lookout. Honestly, Ralla didn't know what she'd do without him half the time. He alone was proof that the spirits had not given up on them, and yet... She couldn't shake a detail that had stuck within her mind. If it was true--that the spirits had never chosen Dawali--then wouldn't all the spirit guides in the tribe have already voiced their displeasure? As far as she knew, there had not been such spiritual upheaval...well, in forever! Even the moon had not voiced such pain before Maska--none that dealt with the higher plane, at least.

"I was going to take these three to you and Noss," Ralla said. "For a visit," she assured the pups, as if she weren't going to leave them there by themselves. But she had to. "I was hoping...that they would be safe with you two. Ayasha I can't convince to go, and she's a young adult now--I can't restrict her freedom anymore than Maska already has. And I can't be gone for too long--we're being kept a closer eye on more and more now lately. But so long as they were safe..." Alaster looked up at his mother with his soft green eyes and nuzzled under her chin, Ahiga curling his body with Strelein's. Maybe they didn't know the exact words their mother was talking about, but they could sure feel her apprehension. So long as they only think it's a visit...they won't worry too much. "I can't leave AniWaya now, though. I want to try as much as I can to see this through... But please, tell me about what's been going on in Cour des Miracles. I hope only good things? How're you and my brother?" Ralla fired off the questions, if not only to distract her ruminations and change the subject from its dour atmosphere. She hated being the bearer of bad news and asking for such a burden from the redheaded tailor at all--certainly he had not foreseen children when he became involved with Noss--but she didn't know what else to do. The Guardians had harmed her friends, her family, and her--it was only a matter of time before it was her children. And Crimson Dreams was obviously not a good hiding spot, since they were probably furious at her tribe now and would not accept anymore refugees--look where accepting the Utinas had gotten them.

It was just all so, so wrong.

[html]
300+
Is kay, I foresee this might be a long RAWR post.

He listened calmly, quietly as Ralla explained things to him. It was rather shocking, but nothing out of the ordinary, he thought. Packs came and went, leaders came and went. Warriors came and fought and died and then things quieted down. The Dahlian war had caused a stir, an angry one, but things quieted down and then silence reigned. But now Dahlia was gone. And a new war seemed to be brewing, a storm with a raging head.

But a raid on Crimson Dreams? That made him straighten, even with a pup struggling in his grasp. His look was a serious one. He had friends among the Dreamers. Mati! Mati was there. His closest friend was there and Aniwaya had come and attacked. He let the pup slip out of his arms to join his brothers, her comment going unnoticed by the redheaded male. His lavender eyes were fierce as they looked at Ralla. "They what?" he asked, a light growl in his voice. "They believed that the Dreamers would attack the AniWayans? That's a load of -" he faltered as he gazed at the pups around them. "- Of malarkey.." The Aniwayans were scarcely the warrior types. He knew several over the couple of years. This was unacceptable. And the Dreamers were not malicious enough to attack allies!

The pups.. taken to them two? Strel was no fatherly type but he figured between him and Noss they could feed and water Noss's niece and nephews. "They would be out of the way true. But wouldn't these .. Guardians notice that you're down three of your spawn?" he questioned, voicing his concern. The redhead laid a hand absently on the pup that curled around him. It was Ahiga, he could tell from a quick look. That one really took to him. It was odd. "I'll take them, but I have no way to get them safely from here to the Hotel. It's a long walk and I can't carry three squirming pups."

Strelein settled with a sigh, unable to really ease his anger and concern. Dreamers plotting something.. how ridiculous. "It's quiet. Little has happened. But Vigilante sought me out and rewarded me for my two years of service with a high title. Dauphin. One of his seconds. So I will talk to Vigilante. Talk to Niro and Haven as well. They need to know what is going on. Especially if this is as bad as I'm thinking it might be. Absurd as it is." He scratched at Ahiga's back, giving a feeble smile as the pup squirmed and rolled over for him to rub his stomach. Pups were like little pets. He gave a sly grin and look at Ralla, but it was strained from the news. "You know exactly how Noss and I are. I know you gave it to him."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
I kid you not, we had a chorus meeting today, and after it was over, we all burst out singing this song :O And we sounded AWESOME! XD And I like your RAWR posts :3 Strel is one of my favorite charries <3

Ralla could see Strelein tense at the news with Crimson Dreams and understood his anger. Although she did not know it, the white woman suspected by his reaction that he had friends there. She had had a friend there once, too. Many packs held those intricate relationships that intertwined them in the most delicate of ways, so when someone reacted to another pack in such a way, she didn't question it. "I understand your point, Strelein--it surprised us, too. But Maska's word is law, now, and he has the muscle power to back it up. If it's any consolation, only those loyal to Maska went." This was a partial untruth, as Claudius and J'adore had gone on the raid. But Ralla doubted Claudius was there to do any damage--he had likely tried to do the right thing and warn them--and J'adore would act the part to protect his family, but would never dream of actually harming the Dreamers. He was too good of a soul.

The white mother smiled mildly and shrugged. "So long as they're away from here. No one else knows where I'm sending them save Ayasha, and she she'll never tell anyone. If they feel the need to interrogate me...so be it." That last part she said sternly, a hint of her fire blazing out before quieting down again. "I can defend myself well enough." Aleu, having previously gone off with Alaster, returned with her little pink tiara clamped in her jaws. Ralla picked the little princess up and fluffed her fur free of dirt as she listened to Strel, although at his agreement to take them she turned her eyes thankfully to him and smiled brightly. "Thank you, Strelein," she said with all the gratefulness she could muster. "But of course you may take Sugar. I will not need him here, and I shudder at the prospect of him being turned into a war horse." Already many of the horses were being retrained for battle, and the gentle gelding being in such a predicament made the woman shudder almost half as much as having her young ones continue to suffer under Maska's rule. At being mentioned, Sugar lifted his head in acknowledgement and bobbed it once before returning to his grazing. "And they may not ask where he has gone--Liliana gave him to me, so he is my horse, not theirs. There are some supplies in the saddlebags for the children--some blankets, a few toys, and other necessities--and the travel bags near the front they can comfortably fit themselves in." Ralla looked to the redheaded man as one arm lay rested on the horse's flank and the other curled around Aleu. This was a heavy burden she was trusting the man with, but he was Noss's chosen, so his trust was hers as well.

"Dauphin?" she said in amazement--not really a question of what it meant but more of an exclamation of the hierarchy where the title was placed. "Strelein, that's wonderful! I wish you the best of luck, although I'm sure you won't need it." For Strelein to have achieved the rank of a second she was truly happy for him, and once more thankful that such a man was carrying news to the Court. Vigilante and Niro she had met, and both were the responsible, reasonable sort. With Strelein aiding Vigilante, the pack would surely be safe, and Niro... They would have to employ the pigeon eventually, she anticipated; it was almost inevitable, now. "And I'll hold you to those words. It pains me to see our neighboring pack wronged as they were--it would be terrible to think what would happen to Cour des Miracles if this spread any further." A flashback of her vision came to mind--of the poisoned raven's feather falling and spreading the illness--but she discarded it. She knew already what was happening and what needed to be done; they only needed time.

She was happy to see her children taking to Strelein again so openly--at least that meant an easy time for them all to get along--and although Strelein gave Ralla the knowing look of what she had done, she only looked back at him innocently as if she had no idea. She remembered the far-off trip that had brought her and Noss together for a visit and all the time they spent going through the objects she had procured. In the end he had chosen the pocket-watch--the numbers and ticking hand meant nothing to her, either, pretty as they were--and she approved of the gift very much so. But the question remained... "So I take it you accepted?" Hopefully her dense brother had explained the meaning of the gift and hadn't just foisted it upon Strelein without an explanation--that would only lead to headaches...

<style>
.firestarter .ooc {font-style:italic;text-align:right; padding:0px 20px 20px 0px;color:#7a582a; }
.firestarter p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent: 20px;}
.firestarter b {font-family: verdana, tahoma, serif; color:#7a582a; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#6d152d 0px 0px 3px;}
.firestarter {background-color:#000; background-image: url(http://i.imgur.com/86Qj2.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #7a9ab1; font-family: tahoma, serif; font-size:13px; color:#44331c; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; width:400px; text-align:justify; padding: 10px 0px 265px 0px; border: 1px solid #6f4632; border-radius:10px;-moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
.firestarter-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000; margin: auto;border-radius:10px;-moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
</style>
[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]