THinking of you, my love, once again
[html]
here is the song. WC:343

He'd planted the wild roses, and came back often to check on them especially after the fight with Shaw. The minor scratches and bruises had faded, leaving only the one over his blue eye. It might scar, he didn't care. He needed to talk to Sky, needed to know if what Shaw had said was true. And if it were? He didn't have an answer for that. Even if it were true, he would ask her to be his mate. As long as she would swear to be faithful to him. He wouldn't have a mateship like his parents had. There would be no sleeping around. He looked up at the house, swallowing. Thankfully, his voice wasn't raspy anymore.

It tusa mo run, mo run, mo run, Is tusa mo run is mo ghra geal, You are my delight and my comfort all night, And I'll wrap you up tight in my arms.

An Paistin Fionn is my hearts delight, Her heart shines out through her two eyes so bright. And the bloom of the apple in her cheeks so bright, And her neck like the swan, on a march morn's light.

He paused, swallowed. If she weren't home he'd be serenading nothing. Best not to worry about that, just keep on with the song.

It tusa mo run, mo run, mo run, Is tusa mo run is mo ghra geal, You are my delight and my comfort all night, And I'll wrap you up tight in my arms.

Oh love of my heart, my fair Paistin. YOur lips are as red as the roses sheen. And mine have touched, none other I ween. Than the glass that I drank to the health of my queen. He let his voice trail off, waiting to see if she would come out and see him. He needed to see her, needed to know that she loved him like he loved her. He was the ardent lover, and she the fair maiden in her tower. She was his sweet Irish rose. Even if she wasn't Irish.

[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">
.skymarit2 {padding:0px; padding-bottom:120px; margin:auto; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... skybg2.png); background-position:bottom left; background-repeat:no-repeat; width:526px;}
.skymarit2 p{text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; color:#000000; margin:0px; text-align:justify;}
.skymarit2 b{font-family:georgia, 'times new roman', serif; color:#A11313;}
.skymarit2 i{font-family:georgia, 'times new roman', serif; color:#703232;}</style>

http://i.imgur.com/UomzS.png);">

Sky was up in one of the patient rooms upstairs, fixing up the bed there; it had been a touch wobbly lately. She'd been putting it off before but since the 'dirty deed' with... well, she hadn't wanted to think about it. Instead, whilst muttering to those stupid voices, Sky had turned into a home remodelling monster. Her entire livingroom had been moved around with new white blankets painted and hung on the walls. Her fireplace was unnaturally clean. Her kitchen spotless... her bedroom perfectly cleaned. Not a thread out of place, not a spot of dirt on the floors. Somehow she'd managed to clean the entire house since then. There had been little room for sleep between that and her medic tasks.

Somehow, though, as he usually did, Tal had managed to break her mindless task. Outside, in a beautiful series of pitches and tones, a familliar but new kind of voice sang up to her. Curiously, she peeked out the window. There he stood in his purest white, singing up to her window, a beautiful song. One she'd never heard before.

She waited. And listened. The window was open but the curtains were drawn, hiding her from view as she peered down at him and waited out the song. As his voice started to trail, signalling the last verse, she whirled around and darted down the stairs, pausing only to brush the hair out of her eyes as she went.

She stepped out carefully, tail flicking behind her in that odd, uneven way it did. For a moment, she had nothing to say, leaning on the closed front door and slowly, ever so slowly, starting to smile. That was beautiful, Taliesin. What a waste to be singing it here at my doorstep, though... surely you've gotten the wrong house...? No swan-necked beauty lives here. Her voice feigned mourning, the smile and gleam in her eyes speaking louder than her voice in happy hues of blue. She'd never been more flattered... she'd never felt so shy.

[/html]
[html]
WC: 5+

The thing about most Irish songs is that they almost always have sad endings. If his life were an Irish song, he mused, she would have run off with Shaw, leaving Tal alone and brokenhearted. He waited, his hands in his pockets. When she appeared, he smiled warmly, relieved that she was indeed home. In seconds, he was approaching her, his hands reaching out to take hers. "My graceful beauty lives here. She has eyes as blue as a winter sky, and a voice as sweet as the softest song." His bi-colored eyes danced as he lavished his extravagant compliments on the hybrid woman. "Perhaps, fair maid, you have seen her?" He gave her a roguish wink, his tail wagging slowly.

Before he spoke again, he drew his free hand through his short messy mane. It was just a small tic, one that was endearingly Tal. However, if one were observing it also served to pull the mane away from the cut over his blue eye, removing it from the hiding place it rested in and exposing it to the sun's light. He looked her in the eyes, troubled shadows lurking behind the smile.

"Sky... I was told something the other day. And I'm not normally so insecure... but I fell I need to know something." He was gazing down at her, his smile gone and replaced by a troubled look. The memory of Shaw yelling at him that he and Sky had... had slept together... it tore him up. He didn't want to know, he didn't want to hear about how Shaw was a better kisser, about how Shaw was the greatest lover. He hadn't planted the rose bushes so his heart could be torn to shreds when she continued to choose Shaw over him. He looked away, not wanting to watch her eyes darken, not wanting to see the truth in them.

It was like a car accident. The more you wanted to look away, the more you stared. His eyes returned to hers, his teeth nibbled on the inside of his lip anxiously. "Sky... I spoke with Shaw the other day. He said a lot of different things. I like to think they were all just to hurt me. Sky..." He fell silent, afraid to ask, but needing to know the ending to the song. After a silent hesitation, he whispered the question he dreaded the answer to.

"Sky, did you really sleep with Shaw since he's been back?" He felt anguished even needing to ask, as if asking were somehow impugning her honor. He needed to know, though, needed to know if he should just walk away now. He needed to know if he needed to make amends with Shaw for throwing the first punch, if he needed to somehow concede that he had infact, lost the battle for Sky's heart.

He'd never even intended for it to be a battle, really. He had fallen in love with a single woman. He had never expected Shaw to come back. He didn't want to think that maybe it was just a summer romance to her. He wanted her, her heart, all of her, forever. His mate, forever. Not until they got bored and found other lovers, but for all their lives.

[/html]
.skymarit2 {padding:0px; padding-bottom:120px; margin:auto; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... skybg2.png); background-position:bottom left; background-repeat:no-repeat; width:526px;}
.skymarit2 p{text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; color:#000000; margin:0px; text-align:justify;}
.skymarit2 i{font-family:georgia, 'times new roman', serif; color:#703232;}</style>

Her smile brightened as he came up to her, taking her hand and spoiling her with compliments. She cocked her hips slightly and held tight, a coy glint in her eyes. Hm.. Actually, she was just missing her white knight, come to think of it. She felt the tips of her ears heat up a bit at the wink but somehow, it didn't show in her body language at all.

Then her fantasy washed away as his smile did. A concerned look crossed her face and once he spoke and looked away, she knew in an instant what this was about. Guilt instantly settled like a brick in her gut and she felt her tail actually curl in against her will. She felt so small, suddenly.

She took to looking at their joined hands as he spoke, mutely admiring the lovely but oh-so-fragile contrast in their fur; his, a purest white, as innocent as she felt he was... and hers, almost black, tainted like the girl it grew on. She felt sick.

When he finished, asking the question she'd been dreading, her mind instantly went into damage control mode. She inhaled deeply and got ready for the worst conversation of her life. Admitting she'd done wrong.

I don't regret it. In otherwords, yes. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'll ever do it again. I have terrible timing when it comes to bullshit decisions. She finally looked up again, using her free hand to hold his chin, making sure he didn't look away from her. Her voice dropped into a serious and solidified tone, one that meant none of her issues were in the way of what she was saying, one that meant she was being completely honest and serious.

I love him. He and I have been through a lot of shit together. He's always tried to protect me and I don't think I could ever stop loving him for it. She paused, then a ghost of a smile graced her eyes. Nothing else except those blue eyes. She gently squeezed his hand as she spoke again.

It's not romantic though. Not anymore. I'll admit, I clung to the thought of being his mate for a lot longer than I should have, but I don't want to be that woman anymore. That ghost of a smile became a crooked smirk, one that, surprisingly, held no ill feelings. I'm pretty sure Orin's that girl, not me. The smirk faded after she said that, though not into a frown but a wiser expression, a soulful smile that spoke of acceptance and pride.

We slept together, yes... but I realized something that night. It felt... off. It wasn't like before, when we were happy together. I woke up and I thought about how much we'd been through and how much we'd both changed. We're not those star-crossed lovers anymore. I realized I didn't want to be with him.

She paused again, her speech being a long but very important thing to say. I know it hurts you and for that, I'm truely sorry. But I know that if it hadn't of happened then, it would've eventually. My story with Shawchert wouldn't have come to an end otherwise. I'd never have been able to actually move on. She glanced away as she spoke, only to tug on his hand and look back up into those bi-colored eyes.

It's hard for me to fall in love. It scares me to get close to anyone. My first mate died and my second mate vanished for a long time. I almost gave up hope after Shawchert left. That smile grew a bit and she tilted her head up, tail uncurling finally. You're a right bad influence on me, though. Sure enough, you come along as my knight in shining armor and I'm right back to being in love again.

I don't want to be hurt again, though. I figure, if you can forgive me for doing... that... with Shawchert, then I can let myself love again, just one more time. She paused a second, thought it over and then sighed. I'm sorry for hurting you, but if you can find it in you to forgive me... and promise me you won't ever leave me... Finally, she was finished, with only one more thing to say before she'd let him speak.

I love you Tal, and I hope that you'll consider being my mate. Forever.

[/html]
[html]
Awww! WC:5+

He was silent, wanting to pull his eyes away from her, but watching her anyways. His expression was wistful and hurt while she spoke about Shaw, but he still listened to her, still let her speak. He wasn't angry. He'd let the anger go once he'd knocked Shaw out. (Even thought it had in fact been pure luck that had landed the blow.) His heart ached, somehow feeling this gentle speech was to let him down with kindness. And yet, the blow to his heart he was expecting never came. His ears folded back slightly as she continued to speak, revealing her realizations about Shaw and herself. He drew in a slow and somewhat unsteady breath when she tugged on his hand, never realizing he'd been holding it.

She concluded her speech, and he studied her through somber eyes, weighing his words with care. "A long time ago, my mother told me about her lovers, about her past. She was able to recall each one with a pleasant smile. When I asked her how she could have so many loves in her life, she replied that a wolf could have many loves, but they would only ever have one great love." He paused, taking care to phrase his thoughts concisely. "I forgive you, Sky. I knew even before you answered you had..." He didn't complete that sentence, but continued, "I am very grateful you told me the truth. That was the biggest flaw for my parents, I think. They lied to each other. And each broke the bonds of their mateship." He gazed at her seriously, taking the time to study each of her features, most especially her eyes.

"I would love nothing more than to be your mate, Sky." He paused, then continued in a soft but unusually firm voice. "I will not be like my parents though. I will never leave you, I will never be unfaithful. And never will I take another mate or lover. If you can promise me the same thing... " He wasn't saying it to be cruel, but the male was no fool. His mother had always loved Soran best. She always regretted leaving, always regretted taking Lucifer first as lover, then mate. And the two had ruined each other. He didn't know if his mother would ever reconcile herself to betraying her one great love the way she had.

"Sky, I came here intending to ask you to be my mate." His face lifted into a warm and gentle smile. "Promise me forever, my love, and I will do the same." He moved forward, if she didn't resist, he would take the smaller woman into his arms and hold her tenderly. The words of the first song he had sang her rang softly in his mind. 'You choose the road, love, and I'll make the vow, that I'll be your true love forever.' If she accepted his insistence on forever mates, then he would need to remember more songs. Or talk to Rory. He was sure the wolfhound would know the old songs too.

[/html]

Sky hung on every word intently, never taking her eyes off him, waiting out his own speech to hear his decision. She hated the thought of his parents having hurt him once through lies and poor decisions. She knew that pain, though in a different sense.

Then he finally got around to answering her and her eyes lit up. When he pulled her into a tender embrace, she leaned into it, wrapping her arms around his back and burying her face into his chest. Behind her, that awkward wag started up again, a twitching motion in her tail so signature for her.

I promise. She murmured softly. Consider yourself officially off the market. That wasn't as soft a statement, partnered with a coy grin and a sly undertone. She leaned back only to stand on her tiptoes, leaning up and placing a quick, gentle 'kiss' on his mouth, nose-to-nose for only a second before she pulled back again, smiling.

Come inside, you silly thing. It's about time you made yourself at home in my little house of horrors, hm? She grinned up at him and stepped backwards towards the doorway, grabbing for his hand to drag him in with her. It was official. Sky had finally, finally, chosen herself a forever mate.

Somewhere, deep underground, hell had frozen over.

[/html]