Entering a new world of hope
[html]

Hello =)) Nani’s room?

WORD COUNT: 300 ::: POINTS: 3

She had been putting this off for a long time now. She had been thinking to do all her traveling and visiting while she was still a lone wolf, but now that she put more thought into it, she could still do all those things even when she was a pack member. Rio knew her Mom would be proud to have her in the pack, and she would also be able to take on a position to help her find her lifetime goal quicker.

Rio walked down the winding halls; she was just returning from a nice walk in the territory. What a nice walk it was! It was needed to clear her brain and have her think about what was really important now and what could wait until later. She figured joining and getting her life together was important for now, and finding Harlowe and her revengeful tasks were better for later.

When she arrived at Nani’s doorway, she knocked on the rock three times. She did live here, but still. Her mom had her own pups to take care of, and now Rio just wanted to give her some privacy at the least. ”Momma? I wanted to talk to you for a minute…” It was important to her, but if need be it could wait until another day. If it waited more, though, she would have time to change her mind, and that wouldn’t be a good thing. Atleast, not a good thing for her packmanship issue anyway. It would be a good thing for her other plans, but those plans had ranked to the lowest on the importance scale. Rio stood, waiting patiently at the door for her mother to answer, not even sure if she was in there because she hadn’t even looked inside the den.

<style>
.rio-a01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.rio-a01 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.rio-a01 b {color:#A2152C; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.rio-a01 { background-color:#FC7CB2; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/V8Vs6.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1B2127; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:left; margin:0px auto; }
.rio-a01 .inner {margin:10px 10px 70px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/meCgB.png); background-repeat:repeat; background-position: top center; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style>
.naniko .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.naniko p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko-border {width:379px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

Sure! I'm kind of doped up on pain medicine right now, excuse me if this post is a bit short. Gonna go to bed in a minute :]

She had respected her daughter's choice to stay a loner. Naniko didn't want to ever pressure her or make her feel that she had to go one way or the other - she had family in both Anathema and Crimson Dreams, among other packs, and she didn't want to push her to join anywhere that she wasn't comfortable with. It had been great having her around and getting to see her since the pups were born. Naniko didn't often have very much free time, but she could multi-task when she was feeding the pups, and visit with more of her family. The fact that they visited her in her den at all meant a lot to her - it had been a while since she'd had so many of them in one place, and it felt really nice.

Her ears perked as she heard a voice outside of her den, a voice accompanied by three knocks. "Yes? Come in" She called. Rio was welcomed inside of her den, but without a door on the place it was hard to keep canines out if she wasn't ready for guests. Knocking was much appreciated. Naniko sat up on the bed, setting Severus down next to her. He looked toward the area the voice had come from, barking a bit as he waited for his half-sibling to appear. "What is it that you wanted to talk about, Dear?" Nani called, slipping down from the bed and walking to the doorway.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]

James, you’re killin me with your shorty posts – what happened? (if you don’t mind me asking O_o) – Hope you don’t mind my PP with Severus ? Correct me on anything.

WORD COUNT: 371::: POINTS: 3

Rio peered in to see her Mom resting with Severus. Nani sat up, placed the pup on the bed and came over. The pup barked in Rio’s direction. She smiled at the young wolf, and then focused on her Mom. ”I can come back another time if you’re busy…” She entered the room slowly, not wanting to seem like she was barging in, but not wanting to stay out in the hallway either.

Her Mom's den was the biggest probably in the whole cave system. She had the best of everything that she wanted. She even had a closet, if she wanted to make it one. It was kind of like those human 'walk-in closets' that she'd seen on an old real estate brochure once. Most of the page was frayed away, but the walk-in closet article was still there. She couldn't read that well, and it had taken her a good ten minutes to figure out what the bold print had said, but in time she figured out it had said 'walk-in closet'. It was something that Naniko's back den reminded her of, but she never mentioned anything about it.

She sat on Naniko’s bed, and picked up her little brother in her hands. She stroked what was starting to grow of his fur. She didn’t even know the little boy, but loved him dearly already. As she probably did the others, as well. While still stroking her little brother, she looked up at her mom, ”I want to join Anathema and stay permanently.” It came out bluntly, but she really didn’t know how to sugar coat it. She placed the pup in her lap and used her arms to shield it from falling. The little pup began to bite her fingers, probably trying to suckle but it didn’t feel much like suckling. She suddenly began to feel bad for her mom, as she had to feed them this way. Her poor nipples. ”I understand that there’s a small ritual that goes along with joining, and that too can wait if you really want it to…” She was so concerned about her mother’s time. She didn’t want to take away any time that she needed, to be with the pups.

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.rio-a01 { background-color:#FC7CB2; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/V8Vs6.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1B2127; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:left; margin:0px auto; }
.rio-a01 .inner {margin:10px 10px 70px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/meCgB.png); background-repeat:repeat; background-position: top center; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style>
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

Lol! It was like 10 words shorter than yours TongueP I stayed out in the sun too long and got a really, really bad sunburn. Sun poisoning, with blisters and just..extreme pain. Nausea, fever, all that fun stuff. The only correction that I can see is that wolf pups’ eyes open at between 10-13 days, or so. So he can definitely see ^^ Also, updating your rank! :3

She was proud of what all of her children had accomplished in their lives so far. Naniko had been forced into responsibility at a young age when her adopted mother had abandoned her and her two siblings and had made Naniko provide for them. She had received an occasional gift from Laruku and Conri had come to help her after a while, but it had still been quite a responsibility for someone so young. She didn’t know what she would have done without Conri back then, despite the monster that he had turned into. She hoped that none of his children ended up like him, murderers or rapists…so far, from what she knew, none of them had.

She came back with Rio as the girl sat down and picked up Severus. ”I’m not too busy for you, baby girl.” She said, shaking her head and giving her dark daughter a smile as she watched the two interact. The puppy seemed content in his sister’s arms, not fearful of her as Octavius or even Judas might have been when facing a canine other than their mother. She was glad to see it, that he seemed to be able to adjust to being around other canines. She had Pontiac and Ravesque in and out of her den quite often, which probably helped. Her daughter’s words came before too much time had passed, her purpose for coming to Naniko’s cave.

”Well…that would make me very happy, Rio. I’ve enjoyed knowing that you were safe here within Anathema lately, and I’d of course be more than happy to let you stay as long as you want to. You’re a good daughter…I would be proud to add you to our ranks. I bet the pack is already used to having you around. Severus definitely is” Naniko said. She considered what Rio said about the ritual next. ”We perform the Rite of Agares on members who are otherwise unconnected to the pack through blood. Because you are my daughter, you would not need to be cut by my ceremonial dagger. You are already of my blood, child.” She explained. ”Do you know where you would want to stay? Somewhere near my den, perhaps?” She was somewhat motherly in that suggestion, wishing for her child to be near to her so she could watch over her a bit.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]

Well, you made up for it with this post =D andddd that suckssss -___- I’ve always wondered why people got fevers and crap from sunburn- now I know whyyy. Owww Sad -- by the way, I added a paragraph of useless thought into my post before, so it could reach 300 words... Hope that's okay... I have a good muse tonight Smile

WORD COUNT: 312 ::: POINTS: 3

Rio continued to let her little brother bite her fingers, and continued to look at her mother, too. His little teeth were sharp, and she winced here and there from a hard bite. At least he knew how to bite if ever need be. Rio smiled as her mom spoke good things about her. She nodded after she was done, ”Thank you, Momma.” She was happy to finally call Anathema home, sad that she hadn’t seen her dad yet, and angry that she hadn’t found Harlowe yet. Maybe she would confide in her Mom about this subject in time.

Severus continued to bite her index finger, and she stroked his small head with her thumb. She was relieved to hear that she didn’t have to be cut. She didn’t like pain. There was so much of it in her life, emotional and physical- why would she want more? So many scars she had tucked away under what little fur grew over them. Good thing she had a thick coat, or she would have been littered with them, which she was. They were just overgrown with other fur that they were barely visible. Why would she want more scars? ”That’s kind of a relief.” She admitted smiling and laughing gently as she gazed down at Severus. Then she looked back up to Naniko, ”Anything close to yours will do. Big or small doesn’t really matter to me as long as I have enough room to live.”

Finally, she’ll be able to have somewhere to call her own and it would be in close proximity to those she loved. It would be a den that she would call hers, and no one that she didn’t want in there would go into it. She would have somewhere to put her findings, and store what food she wanted stored. It would all be hers, and only hers.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style>
</style>

No, that's totally alright Big Grin I don't mind at all!

She had danced around the subject of Harlowe previously, not wanting to frighten her daughter or talk about things that would make her uncomfortable in any way. She had been afraid that Rio would choose to stay away permanently, that she might never see her again after the few days that the girl had stayed with her in Anathema. She had said that she was going to go and find her father so she could speak with and visit him as well, but Naniko didn't know if she had truly been intending to come back to Anathema or not. She was glad to have the girl back by her side, and had worried endlessly until Rio had come back to their packlands.

She considered what den her daughter would like the most, and what ones were available. "The nearest is number five - how does that one sound? I can give you some things to sleep on, and maybe we could go to the city sometime soon to look for things to furnish it with. A table or something, maybe some kind of a cushion or pillows to sleep on" She wondered what Rio thought of that. She probably hadn't been sleeping very comfortably for the last couple of weeks, what with all of her traveling...so hopefully she would think that some furs and cushions were in order.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]

Ok cool =]

WORD COUNT: 328 ::: POINTS: 3

Rio pondered the idea of having her own den to decorate and sleep comfortably in. The idea intrigued her enough to make her smile. The thought of sleeping alone frightened her, though. It wasn’t like she had a door that she could close and lock. Her enemies could walk through the halls of the caves just as easily as the wind came in. Sure, there were wolves patrolling the borders, but what if the intruder slipped passed them? They could just as easily come in through her leather flap for a door and slit her throat, or even worse: rape her. At least if she was dead, she wouldn’t have to experience a stranger or even a loved one intruding in on her space ever again. She preferred to be killed over being raped, again. She would take death any day, which wasn’t something one considered in their every day lives, but Rio did. She did every time she encountered something dangerous. She sorted out her priorities and considered what most wouldn’t.

When Naniko’s voice chimed back into Rio’s life, her attention was caught again. She smiled in her mother’s direction, ”Sounds fine, Mom. Thank you.” She was truly grateful that Naniko had done so much to help her. Rio was glad that she didn’t hold any grudges, and neither did Nani. She wondered what kind of neighbors would be in the area of her new den. Would there be any interesting, new wolves to make friends with? Or even boys… Rio hadn’t thought about a mate, or even a companion for those lonely nights. It would be nice to start looking.

”Halifax sounds nice, too. We’ll go whenever you can find someone to watch the pups and whenever you’re not too busy.” She expected Naniko to be busy all the time, being alpha and all. She wondered if the Angela ever actually left Anathema grounds yet. She probably has, but how long ago? And for how long?

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style>
</style>

Can we close this in a post or two? I gotta close some older ones.

If she had known of the thoughts that her daughter was having, she would have sought to reassure her. One canine had slipped in through their borders in the past, and she and Theodore had made short work of him. They had killed him and tossed his body back over the borders. The fact that most of the canines lived together in the caves was actually a good thing; the individual dens were quite close together, and it was unlikely that a confrontation like a rape would be unheard or unseen. It was one of the reasons that she had chosen this mountain, the protection.

"Mmm. Maybe in a week or two? I can ask Ravesque or Pontiac to watch the pups, perhaps." She said. She wouldn't bring the pups out to the city...no way. Naniko was afraid of taking them out of the den, even, at this point in time. Naniko was wary of danger and often thought about the terrible atrocities that took place outside of the pack borders....but she tried not to worry about what went on inside of them. They had quite a few strong and powerful warriors who could likely handle any suspect that they caught lurking about.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]

Correct me on anything.. and this could get interesting =D

WORD COUNT: 322 ::: POINTS: 3

Rio nodded as she picked up her little brother and set him on the bed behind her. He was in the middle so he would have no threat of falling off. He lifted his head and growled softly at her. Rio peeked at him over her shoulder, and got up from the bed. ”Sounds cool.” It would be nice mother-daughter bonding time. She didn’t really know much about Naniko now, and maybe a trip to Halifax would enable her to learn more about Mom now. Of course, she remembered what she was like back when she was a pup, but so much had changed. Certainly Naniko had to have been a different person by now.

”Momma…” Even though now probably wasn’t the best time to bring up matters like this one, but the question had been bubbling inside her ever since she had remembered the subject, ”Where is Harlowe?” She would rather like to know now, rather than worry about it later when she was alone in her den with a leather flap of a door and no real security aside from her neighbor who would most likely mind their business if they heard a noise. ”I’m sorry to bring it up… It’s just that… I’d like to know.” She had avoided talking about the subject the whole time since she had returned. She was afraid it would bring up bad feelings in her or bring up old hurt in her mother. She didn’t feel any worse now, as she said it, but she didn’t know what Naniko was feeling, either. She didn’t know who else Harlowe had hurt, and she wondered. She wouldn’t dare ask out of the blue, but if it came up in the conversation they were about to have she would definitely mention something about the question that was bothering her. It was only a matter of time before matters would come to the surface, and they did.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style>
</style>

She wasn't certain if she ought to pretend that she didn't know what had happened...or not. If she had known beforehand the boy would have died at her own hands; now she realized that Larkspur had been right to kill him, despite her previously mixed feelings about it. Naniko didn't like to see any of her children take the wrong path...she would try and teach these ones better, if she could. Being a single parent was a hard way to live, but she would make it work. She didn't know what else to do, really. Ravesque was there to help her out a little, but she could never depend on someone else the way that she depended upon herself and her own abilities.

"He's dead. He attacked a pack member, a pup, in front of myself and the pup's parents." That was enough information for her to conclude what had happened, most likely, but she continued to explain anyway. "The pup's father killed him to prevent his daughter from getting hurt...and I supported his decision." Naniko said. She would have done the same thing if he had attacked one of her children, after all. She didn't blame him for his actions, but Harlowe for what he had done.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]

Sorry >_< We could’ve ended itt, but we’ll make this short =] She’s going to be mad at Naniko because in her denying mind- its Naniko’s fault… and she didn’t care. Lol =]

WORD COUNT: 414 ::: POINTS: 3

Her heart skipped a beat as she heard the word dead. Her mouth hung open as she looked at her mother with a shocking expression. Dead?! How could this be?! Her eyes were saddened, and they would produce tears if they could. She did not whimper or say anything else, but she did close her mouth.

Rio’s breathing was shallow as she tried to calm herself. She began to pace back and forth in short distances. Harlowe, dead. It was a shock to her, and even through all the misery he put her through, he was still her brother and she still loved him unconditionally despite the evil plans she had for him. All that left her mind now and all she could think about was a world without him, even though she had been living in one for so long. Just the thought made her sick, and the sad part was that it wasn’t just some sick thought- this was reality. Even though she hadn’t seen him in a long time and wished she wouldn’t for an even longer one, she didn’t wish his death. She would never wish his death. And now he was just that, dead. And her mother seemed so calm about it, too calm.

Her arms had been crossed, and her head was in her hand as she paced, but she lifted her head to stare at her mother with contradicting eyes. ”How could you let that happen?!” This was all too confusing to her at the moment. She wanted to blame the world, and to start with: her mother. A growl rose in her throat and she stopped pacing to face her mother, who stood a few feet away. ”How dare you!” Daring wasn’t the point here. A whimper escaped Rio’s throat as sad, angry eyes glared at Naniko. She looked away and took another shallow breath before leaving without another word.

She stomped through the hallway pissed off and confused at the same time. The situation was probably dire, but how can a mother let her own child die like that and not show remorse? It confused Rio to the fullest, and she did not want to see her mother for a long time, or until she figured out what it was that made her blame Naniko in the first place. Rio turned a corner and was out of sight, in case Naniko did decide to look for her out of her doorway. She wouldn’t be found.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style>
</style>

"You would let him kill an innocent pup? He was crazed, Rio. You should know that better than anyone" She spat back. Apparently it was time to stop treating her daughter like the delicate thing that she had been; the girl was not seeing reason, and it was Naniko's job to change her attitude. There were consequences for a canine's actions in their pack, and death was the most severe...but it had been earned. The boy had maimed Scorpius and had nearly killed one of Larkspur's pups before they had put him out of his misery.

The girl was definitely angry with her, but she simply stared back at her. Teenaged dramatics were not something that interested her; she would rather let the girl storm off and think things through for herself than go after her. She did call down the hallway after Rio, however. - "He would have done it to someone else, Rio. He was a monster.". Whether it reached the dramatic canine's ears or not, she would not know. Rio would get over things in time, she felt, if she was able to put enough thought into the matter. Harlowe had earned his punishment twice over and Naniko had no regrets.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]