i'm still here
[html]

D: This post suuucksss. But yay for reunions! / +5

Ephraim might have declined on the offer to join Cercatori d’Arte, but that didn’t mean he would not visit his friend as he’d promised. In fact, he still simply wasn’t certain where he belonged; for all he knew, AniWaya was where he was supposed to stay since he’d been captured there. Until he learned to fit into the Tribe a little more, and until he started actually paying attention to the politics going on, he couldn’t be sure where his home would be.

All he knew right now is that he wanted to see Sky.

Leaving the Tribe had been simple—few knew he even existed. Those that did didn’t care enough about him to stop him, and it wasn’t like pack wolves didn’t leave their own territories for various purposes. Still, he couldn’t help but glance over his shoulder a few times as he loped away from the borders. In the aftermath of the battle, he couldn’t have known what was happening or what the fate of the leadership of AniWaya was.

That was the dark thought hanging over his head as he sniffed the borders of Cercatori d’Arte. He’d wanted to bring Sky some news, some triumphant declaration that Big Daddy Maska was dead, but he couldn’t. All he knew was that the Tribe was beginning to recover, and normal members were happily herding their kids around and helping rebandage each other’s wounds.

A sudden, overpowering scent of flowers drowned out that of whichever wolf had last marked the borders. He lifted his head and briefly tossed the faded aqua-colored poncho off his lupus shoulders, taking some time to let his limbs lengthen and his back straighten vertically as he shifted into an optime form. Putting the cloth back on, he took a step forward, white paw touching the invisible edge of the border. What lay beyond?

Eventually, the eunuch crossed over the borders, not without pausing and tilting his head back to howl. It wasn’t the same roar that had been his battlecry when they were in the cottage, but hopefully Sky would be in the vicinity to recognize it. If not, he would be in a deal of trouble—but he’d been captured and imprisoned once, so he wasn’t one much to care.

He finally reached the source of the flowery smells, and his brown eyes widened. A grin slowly tugged back at his dark lips as he stared at the multitude of flowers that covered the field. Some had faded with the cooler weather, others taken perhaps by frost, but the rainbow of colors showed the tenacity of the plants that might even make it into winter.

He knelt and ran his fingers over a velvety leaf, moving on to touch the soft petals and plucking one of the flowers. He gave it a sniff, smiling again. If the rest of d’Arte was this gorgeous, he might have to take Sky back up on her offer.

Twirling the flower stem briefly between his fingers, he let out another howl: the greeting of a friend.

<style type="text/css">
.ephelican b {font-weight:bold; color:#e5e7ea; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ephelican t {font-style:italic; color:#e5e7ea; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ephelican .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:5px 10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .ephelican p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ephelican .name {width:300px; height:150px; float:right;}
.ephelican {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#8f9193; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/nou9na.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 130px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: 'Verdana'; font-size:11px; color:#212222; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:.4px; text-align:left;}</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:000+ - Ephy! 8D

Sky had been working her legs again after a long time resting. And not just her. She'd taken Queen out for some excersize. The mare had been quick to recover for the most part, though she still wasn't ready for any heavy running yet. Sky took her out every morning for a walk, visiting various parts of the territory, to the borders and back to Thornbury in loops. In truth, she was just getting them both excersize. Mind you, she did take the time to actually get some scouting in during their walks, as not to fall behind on her duties.

It was a familiar howl, strong and smooth, that called her away from her planned route. She could tell it'd come from the fields nearby, so riding Queen seemed the best way to get there quickly. She mounted up and clicked the mare into action. Queen seemed more than happy to finally have a chance to run again.

The pair came onto the flowery paradise just as Ephy let out one more howl. She tugged Queen into stopping and hopped off easily, letting the horse roam after taking the time to tie the reigns out of the way. Stay nearby, okay?

Then she turned and darted towards Ephy, not stopping once she reached him, pouncing him into a tight hug. Ephraim! She cheered happily, tail flicking unevenly behind her.

She'd taken to him during the war, accepting him as a brother in arms and a life-long friend she wouldn't soon forget. They'd fought together, side by side, to earn their freedom. They'd won. Now he was proving himself to be fine and healthy for travel, visiting her in her homelands and brightening her otherwise plain day all the more.

She pulled back from the hug after a moment but kept her hands on his arms, grinning. It's so good to see you again. What brings you by d'Arte? She hoped to hear it wasn't bad news. Maybe he'd changed his mind, decided to join her pack. Maybe he'd come to visit. Either would make her happy, though the former was preferred.

<style>
.SKRai-K-01 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.SKRai-K-01 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.SKRai-K-01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#312621; text-shadow:#64544c 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.SKRai-K-01 {background-color:#bbaca5; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; font-size:11px; line-height:16px;width:428px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/1426/sky1w.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 372px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .SKRai-K-01-border {width:430px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

Whoa, fast reply. <33

The sound of muffled hoofbeats made him lift his head, and the eunuch grinned broadly when he saw the tawny woman run at him. He chuckled deeply and had his arms open for an embrace, but the force of her pounce made him stumble. Nonetheless, he clutched her tight to him, patting her hair. It was so strange to be holding onto her like this, especially after all they’d been through in the cottage. While he wasn’t traumatized by the war and had gotten through worse, there was no denying that he was more on edge lately. His world still hadn’t settled yet, and it was hard to adjust when everything was shaky.

He mirrored her grin as she pulled away. “Good to see you too, precious,” he murmured before smiling at her question. He held up a white hand to offer her the flower he’d randomly picked, but it had been crushed behind her bodies; the colorful head swung off a broken stem then dropped to the ground. The sight sent him into a bout of giggles.

“Why you, of course,” Ephraim said once he’d collected himself. He touched her cheek lightly. “I wanted to see how you were. And I wanted to see your home. I must say, it’s colorful so far.” He grinned at the flowers then back at her. “How have things been for you?”

Physically, at least, she seemed to be recovering, but the hybrid wasn’t sure if she was struggling to adjust like he was. Then again, he had been surrounded by strangers; she was back at home, with family and pack.

<style type="text/css">
.ephelican .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:5px 10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .ephelican p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ephelican {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#8f9193; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/nou9na.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 130px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: 'Verdana'; font-size:11px; color:#212222; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:.4px; text-align:left;}</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:000+ - ohyeah. Big Grin

At the ruined flower, Sky gave a tiny gasp, then laughed along with him. She was still smiling when Ephy found his voice again. D'Arte's famous for its natural beauty. You'll find nothing else around here. She mused proudly, more than willing to brag about her beautiful home. It's been a quick recovery. My mate was probably worse off than me with all his worrying. She joked, casting a side-long glace behind her in the direction of Thornbury, where Tal was last she'd checked.

But my Tameri's kept me busy. Keeping up that that little furball isn't easy sometimes... She murmured, referring to the little girl Tal had adopted. Sky had, of course, instantly accepted the girl as her daughter. What else could she have done? Tammy was a sweet little angel when she wanted to be. Sky loved her like her own flesh and blood.

Oh! You don't know about Tammy! Sky realized aloud, excitement instantly warming her expression. When I came home, I learned that Taliesin had adopted a little girl while I was away. Her name's Tameri. You'll have to meet her before you go. She smiled brightly, tail waving behind her in that odd way.

<style>
.SKRai-K-01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#312621; text-shadow:#64544c 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.SKRai-K-01 {background-color:#bbaca5; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; font-size:11px; line-height:16px;width:428px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/1426/sky1w.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 372px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .SKRai-K-01-border {width:430px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

Ephy looovesss puppies. Big Grin /+2

Ephraim nodded and smiled as Sky boasted about the natural beauty of the packlands. He wondered how AniWaya compared. While exploring, he’d discovered that the old land had some secrets, such as the musical dripping in the caves along that slow, ancient creek. He supposed both packs had their beauty, but while d’Arte offered color and flair, the Tribe lands were old and sang with the stories of ancestors. As an old man and as one who loved fun, he wasn’t sure which one he would prefer—though he guessed it didn’t matter right now.

Sky mentioned her mate, and the eunuch chuckled. “Well, I can’t say that I blame the poor fellow. Did he know where you’d gone?” He knew that Cour des Miracles and Crimson Dreams had been affected by and most affected the war with AniWaya, but he didn’t know if the other packs had suffered in the same way. Sky was the only prisoner among her pack, he knew, but Cercetori d’Arte didn’t seem amazingly far away when he traveled.

The blue-eyed woman went on to say she’d been kept busy by a Tameri. Dark ears swiveled forward in interest, and quickly Sky went on to explain. Apparently, her mate had brought in a child while she’d been gone—and immediately the eunuch’s face softened with longing.

“I would love to see her,” Ephraim breathed. It had been so long since he’d seen a puppy. He couldn’t even remember the last time—unless his mind went back before and right he was cut, and those were memories tinged more with sadness than anything else. “Children are so precious… I know that she has a great mother.” He smiled warmly and touched her cheek again.

Even at the brief mention of children, he wanted to pounce at her flailing tail and run through the flowers—though at the same time, he really wanted to rest. A long sigh left his muzzle, and he looked around. “I’d love to see more of d’Arte,” he said, beaming.

<style type="text/css">
.ephelican .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:5px 10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .ephelican p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
[html]

WC:000+ - Puppies! Big Grin

No. She admitted. At least, not at first. Ayasha had informed him after a while, though. I'm glad Tammy came, cause she kept him out of danger. She sighed. Sky didn't want to think of what could've happened to her mate, a scholar more than a fighter. He would've had a harder time surviving the war.

Yes, come. I'll show you Thornbury. It's the town we live in. She smiled, grabbing his hand in hers and pulling him along.

Sky grabbed Queen on the way, walking the horse along with them as they headed into town. I guess I'll show you the barn first. I have to bring Queen back anyway. She mused, leading the way.

<style>
[/html]
[html]

Lalala... Sky can show him most of the town and you can PP him "oohing" and "aahing" until something of note happens/turns up. x3

Ephraim frowned. “I can’t begin to imagine how he felt.” He hadn’t lost anyone important in his own life, after all, or really had anyone important to lose. He wondered if it would have been worse knowing that Sky was actually in AniWaya as a prisoner; it would have taken the mystery from it, the possibility that she was dead, but he could only imagine what a rash mate would do when their loved one was captured by strangers. He nodded as Sky mentioned Tameri keeping him out of trouble, smiling.

“Thornbury,” the eunuch said for his own emphasis, squeezing the hand that pulled him along. He glanced at the horse—able to see the healed wounds, remembering how Sky had left. “How is Queen doing?” he asked as they headed toward the stables, lifting a hand as if in greeting to the horse before letting out a soft chuckle. He wasn’t very good around non-canines, simply because he was at a loss as to how to interact with them—but at least he knew enough not to chase after them like prey.

<style type="text/css">
.ephelican .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:5px 10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .ephelican p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}