you're off, you've done your time
[html]
let me know if this table is hard for you to read. <3 Forward dated to Nov. 22

She had finally reached the point she had been pursuing. It had taken her a few days to reach the place where she would reunite with her sister, a pack she knew nothing about, not even its name. The journey from Ichika no Ho-en had taken longer than it should have. Sky's trail was faint, long worn by the months of separation, but Dusk had the nose of a hunter, and that gift alone was the only thing that made it possible for her to follow the scent of her only living relative. It wasn't only the difficult search that took Dusk a long time to reach Cercatori d'Arte. During the journey she had moved slowly, rested often, and spent several hours confined in the wilderness, stalling the reunion that she dreaded and yearned for. She feared her sister's reaction to her sudden reappearance. Though the resentment she held for the younger woman remained deeply engrained in her mind, there was also immense and almost unbearable guilt. She could no longer avoid Sky. She had been procrastinating their inevitable encounter for too long; the remorse she felt was terrible.

Without any expectations, or any plans, Dusk approached the territory thick with her sister's aroma. Ahead of her was a vast field overflowing with what must have been a breathtaking display of wildflowers, now destroyed into dull, wilted plants resemling weeds. The evening sky was dark and cloudy, and smelled of rain. A heavy sigh expanded her deep, softly furred chest, her exhale of air drifting from her maw in tendrils of silvery fog. She lifted her crown to the ominous sky, and with a plume of frost, sang a wolfsong meant only for her little sister. The call was hauntingly beautiful, the deep, powerful voice full of sorrow and emotion.

<style type="text/css">
.razedusktree b {font-weight:bold; color:#cbd0d2; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.razedusktree .ooc {padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.razedusktree p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.razedusktree {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#132f55; background-image:url(http://i42.tinypic.com/v74ayw.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:15px; padding: 400px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffffff; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; text-shadow:#132f55 0px 0px 2px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Big Grin Sisters reunite! Also; I admit, I had some trouble reading that table. It's so nice though; maybe just lighten the font color a few notches?

The evening was young, but dark enough that Sky had sent Tammy inside for the night. Taliesin was busy sorting through things inside, she guessed, which left the witchdoctor to her own devices. As per usual, she decided it to be a good time to go border patrolling.

It was as she was coming onto the edge of the forest that a chillingly familiar howl reached her ears. Instinctively, she pulled away to follow the sound, both to greet whoever was at the border... and to greet the familiar wolfdog she'd known all her life.

Except, at that moment, she wasn't conciously aware that it was Dusk. Her voices were silenced by the voice, though, which meant that this person was important.

She'd sprinted the entire way.

She slipped through the brush of the forest edge, still blending into the scenery in her lupus form. The wolf on the other side of the field struck Sky still.

Dusk.

A moment, she hesitated, still hidden. She didn't sound angry. What is she doing here? How did she find me? Was she looking for me? She blinked away some bitter resentment and forced her mind to settle. ...she's your sister, Sky. Go to her. Find out for yourself. Don't hold a grudge.

With that, the brown wolfdog lept from the bushes and darted across the field, barking out what could've only been an excited, glad-to-see-her greeting. Dusk! She'd changed so much, Sky had. Torn ears, a larger build, but the underlying scent and her voice. They were the same.

She stopped a yard away from the girl but it was a forced halt on her part; she didn't want to surprise the older sister, or upset her. She hoped that Dusk had come on good terms. Dusk, my god, is it really you? Are you okay? Did you find Dad? What are you doing here? Sky blurted, her tone a mixture of emotions; excitement, worry, amongst others. Was Dusk really standing there? Was this real?

It was too good to be true. Still, Sky's tail couldn't be stopped from wagging unevenly behind her like it always had, it couldn't stop her eyes from shining with excitement and curiousity, even adoration. Not a hint of spite or scorn. Sky had forgiven Dusk a long, long time ago, after all.

<style type="text/css">
.skykids b {font-weight:bold; color:#8fa6b5; letter-spacing:1px;}
.skykids .ooc {padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.skykids p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.skykids {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#faf5f1; background-image:url(http://i41.tinypic.com/246m1co.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 270px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#7e8175; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
betterrrr? Big Grin

Dusk watched. Her eager eyes were fixed on the field ahead of her, desperate to see the woman she sought appear from the gray nothingness in the distance. The damp wind rustled around her, bringing down a mild drizzle of moisture, hindering her forward vision. But the soft footfalls did not escape her ears. Instinctively, she stood to her full height, ears erect and flowing tail lifting slightly in anxious anticipation.

The paler, and slightly smaller version of herself was unmistakable as it moved quickly toward her. The chocolate hybrid stiffened, overcome with a wave of countless emotions that she could not make enough sense of to name. Part of her wished to rush up to the one who had been her charge since birth, embrace her and feel something good. Sky would not welcome that. Dusk could only stand still and await the tan woman's approach.

Painted on the younger canine's features was a multitude of emotions of her own. Dusk did not bother to determine them. It was Sky's right to feel whatever she wished toward the one who had abandoned her, and Dusk had no interest in altering whatever she was thinking. The broken hybrid still hoped, that some time in the future, they would set the past aside and forgive one another.

Dusk tried to fight the smile that threatened when her eyes could see her sister closely, in all her beauty. But she made no attempt to get closer, merely fixed the other with severe glowing eyes. She was taken aback by Sky's amiability, after all she had done to hurt her. Dusk's expression fell, the severity in her gaze changing into sadness. Her sister's unconditional forgiveness was touching and painful. "You are so beautiful," she began, her meaning sincere, her voice soft but rather emotionless.

She was quiet for a moment, struggling for words. "I..." she began, then faltered. "I'm fine. I searched for dad... a bit. But I did not find him." Dusk really had no interest in finding the man who had abandoned her mother, and his children. "I followed your trail. You were difficult to find..."

Dusk gazed at the young woman, and just noticeable was a slight glaze of tears in her fiery eyes. "Sky... I'm... I'm sorry."

<style type="text/css">
.razedusktree b {font-weight:bold; color:#cbd0d2; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.razedusktree .ooc {padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.razedusktree {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#132f55; background-image:url(http://i42.tinypic.com/v74ayw.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:15px; padding: 400px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffffff; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; text-shadow:#132f55 0px 0px 2px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

xD Better.

The first words out of Dusk's mouth startled the younger sister. Beautiful? Really? The scarred, battered starling was beautiful all of a sudden? Sky couldn't help lowering herself to sit, confused but not at all bothered by her sister's change of heart.

It the the apology that made it all better, anyway. As soon as it'd left her mouth, Sky dipped forward and, with happy little nips, buried her face into the older sister's neck and shoulders, tail flicking rapidly behind her. Oh please, compared to the shit I've seen since? Dusk, I forgave you a hell of a long time ago. She mewled happily, tears pricking at her own eyes now.

You came to find me. After all this time, you came to find me... oh, Dusk, you have no idea how much I've missed you. She whined into Dusk's fur, completely disregarding every border procedure she'd learned. I have so much to tell you. So much has happened since I last saw you. I've missed you so much... you always bring the silence. You always made them go away. Dusk. Yup, Sky had missed her sister desperately. Now that she was back? Well, she had little intention of letting her go ever again.

<style type="text/css">
.skykids b {font-weight:bold; color:#8fa6b5; letter-spacing:1px;}
.skykids .ooc {padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.skykids p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.skykids {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#faf5f1; background-image:url(http://i41.tinypic.com/246m1co.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 270px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#7e8175; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

The hybrid woman was utterly confusing herself. She had never treated Sky so kindly. The younger girl had been a wretched nuisance to her, dumped into her care after killing their mother with her birth. For so long Dusk had not considered her anything different, caring for her reluctantly, and only because she was obliged to.

Until their separation, the dark female had not taken a second to think that perhaps her sister had given her life a purpose. Her bright face appeared in Dusk's imagination far too often to deny that she had made a mistake by leaving her alone. When she looked upon her sister now, all she could see was beauty and strength. She was puzzled, and in awe.

The surprise on Sky's face mirrored what Dusk felt of herself. Suddenly she was in a soft embrace, soft nibbles tickling her skin. Sky's joy was overwhelming, and the slender woman stiffened beneath the wave of love. Her sister's warmth eventually overpowered her. She lowered her muzzle and rested it on the girl's head, the only affection she was capable of returning, though she hoped Sky somehow felt the depth of her pitiful response.

Dusk stared forward, again dumbstruck by Sky's eagerness to forgive. "I've missed you," she said gently, tilting her muzzle sideways against the soft fur on the top of the other's crown. "I have a lot I need to explain to you too," she continued, more seriously. Then she broke away from Sky and watched her with sharp eyes. "Please tell me what has happened to you first." Dusk knew her sister struggled, but she had been careless.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]