And this vision ends.
Powerplay approved by Melissa!
[html]<style type="text/css">.tay {font-family:georgia;font-size:1.1em}</style>
[/html] One of the reasons she had always enjoyed wandering about The Sugarwoods was its amazing smell. She wasn't sure why, but she rarely came across other wolves here. Indeed, the sugar was too sweet to eat, but she thought the smell was divine. So, when she noticed a hulking black wolf sitting against the base of a tree, she was immediately intrigued. As she trotted closer, she noticed he had the scent of a pack. However, it was a new pack she didn't recognize. In her peddling as a merchant of information, she wondered if this could be of any use. She was certain to keep the scents of her friends off her pelt by rolling in the mud, washing herself in streams, and backtracking through the neutral territories. But he most definitely smelled like a group of wolves -- a group with which she was wholly unfamiliar.

As she rounded the tree, she noticed he had a vibrant marking of a sun on his left eye. Well, she thought to herself, he's certainly memorable! Although she was just above average in terms of size, this male was much, much larger than she. As she drew near, she barked out a greeting in the hopes that she would not startle him. From what she could tell, the pack was a kilometre or two away. She could smell a similar scent on the wind.

She greeted him with a friendly wave of the tail before she dropped it to a neutral position. As a loner, she knew she had no protection of a pack. But in the neutral lands, he had no jurisdiction over her. Nonetheless, she didn't want to appear threatening at all.

"Hello," she stated. "I was just passing by and noticed your scent. If you don't mind me asking -- is there a newly-formed pack around these parts?" [html]
[/html]
[html]
OOC: Daww Jazper is in awe/ +300

It was good to get away from the pack every now and then. It had quickly come to his attention that it was better just to walk away some times. Gunnar was going to ask Fia to be his mate and he would have to smile along with it. The boy was a good kid but they were still pups in his mind, barely shifted and with hardly a full rotation of seasons behind them. The thought of his little girl growing up had been what pushed him out of the fort in the first place. Fia was his baby, his little angel and now she was going to have a mate, another male to take care of her. It left the warrior feeling rather useless as a father. What was he going to do when Enzo found himself a girl as well? They would always be his pups but now they didn’t need their daddy even though he still needed them.

Sitting under the tree he silently flipped through a book, this particular one was a play written about a young couple named Romeo and Juliette. So far their actions had caused nothing but more fear to the Knight. What if Gunnar and Fia ran away? A bark drew his yellow eyes quickly from the book to an off white wolf approaching. Taking in the scent on the air Jazper became slightly confused, he recognized the scent but it wasn’t exactly how he remembered it. As she approached the new alpha found himself dumbstruck. The answer to her question slipped out in his soft Scottish accent, “Casa di Cavalieri, my friend Anann and I just formed it.”

Taking in her appearance he couldn’t help but to smile, she was exactly how he remembered her from the day she accepted him into Jaded Shadows. She probably didn’t recognize him at all as it had been almost four years since their meeting and at the time he had been a starving pup. Finally composing himself he spoke again, “I’m Jazper. You accepted me into Jaded Shadow’s when I was a pup.”

<style type="text/css">
.j-a-z b {font-weight:bold; color:#d09c51; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #1d1304; }
.j-a-z p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.j-a-z {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#4c3622; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Yv53H.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 270px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c09d6b; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.j-a-z p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.j-a-z p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
The first two sentences are just one big euphemism... 8)
[html]
[/html] The large wolf responded quickly enough. Even though Tayui's lupus form was impressive -- for a female -- as she drew closer, she recognized that even sprawled out, he was probably twice her size. He reminded her a bit of Skoll and Jantus: two warriors in their own rights.

Tayui nodded in response and was about to mumble a word of thanks when he piped up again. While she was still processing the information, he added to it with another tidbit of information: he knew her. And, supposedly, she knew him. She frowned and took another step closer. Yes, his scent was familiar. However, she couldn't quite say she remembered every single child that had passed through Jaded Shadows during her co-Alphaship. She recognized him alright, but she couldn't place him.

Intrigued, she questioned him: "just you? Were you adopted, then? Or did you come with your parents? I recognize your scent and your name." She paused, and in an attempt to tread with a little more delicacy, she explained: "my mate and I adopted two puppies together and so did a lot of others in the pack. They had big hearts." [html]
[/html]
[html]
OOC: / +300

Her frown was not encouraging as she moved closer. Maybe he should have just kept his yap shut. The last time she had seen him Jazper had been hardly able to care for himself, let along contribute to a pack, and now he was four years older and starting his own pack. Time has passed and sometimes it was better to leave the past in the past but it excited him to see an old face, it was not often he saw wolves from his puphood after all. He sat tall awaiting a word from her, out in the wild they were equals however he already had a respect for the female that she perhaps did not have for him. The only chance of her accepting him as an equal was through his pure mass, while he would prefer that she get to know him enough to be friendly he would accept respect for physical ability for now.

She spoke up finally asking questions, as expected. At the mention of a mate he tilted his head slightly to the side,“You have a mate? I did not know that. Of course I was too young to know anyway. Shrugging off the fact he quickly began to give his old alphess information with a grin, My full name is actually Jazper Rhiannon-Knight. I was adopted first by Deirdre Rhiannon but she never came to find her pups or myself after the fire. Instead her mother Deuce and her mate Lucifer took the pups and I in. I’ve lived in Crimson Dreams since, though Deuce, Lucifer and my adoptive brothers all left during that time. It’s only since a couple months ago that my friend and I have created Casa di Cavalier because I wanted to be able to protect my family and friends better. Pausing he stopped himself from talking anymore, a habit that he still held from his puphood. How have you been? You don’t smell like any pack. Although he would be able to survive without a doubt as a loner it was not the life for him, being a family man.

<style type="text/css">
.j-a-z b {font-weight:bold; color:#d09c51; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #1d1304; }
.j-a-z {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#4c3622; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Yv53H.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 270px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c09d6b; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
Somehow this got really long, sorry!
[html]
[/html] Tayui nodded slowly and silently when Jazper asked about her mate. Sensing that it was only a quick question and a prelude to a longer response, she remained silent, curious to know who had adopted him. She didn’t know if he had ever met Shaeniire or if he remembered her – and now, if he thought they were still mates – so she felt like she should probably mention it at some point. He likely didn’t know about her death, either.

When Jazper gave his full name, she immediately thought of Deuce. She was surprised to hear that Deirdre had been the one to adopt him; for some reason, she’d always remembered Deuce the best. But maybe that was because she’d been the one to deal with Deuce’s grief when her son Shadow had been killed for trespassing.

Soon enough, Jazper did identify Deuce as a second mother. Tayui thought it was a little humorous that he had been raised by two generations of the same family. If she remembered correctly, Deirdre had been mates with Pilot Haddon and they’d had a son. Two, if she remembered correctly: Sirius Revlis and Apollo. That would mean Jazper was the adoptive brother to Sirius. For some reason, this struck her as being grotesquely amusing: she really did not like the wolf Sirius had become. She still remembered that boy telling stories in Shadowed Sun. Much had changed.

He also identified the new pack, likely the one half a kilometre away, as Casa di Cavalieri. He identified ‘protection’ as a reason for its creation; though, Tayui didn’t know what that meant. She figured something had happened during his time in Crimson Dreams to push him to form a new pack.

When he asked her about her pack status, she shook her head with a rueful smile.

“I’m a loner,” she replied, knowing it was obvious, but needing something to start off with. “After the fire, Fatin – the other Alpha of Jaded Shadows at the time – and I got split up. I started a new pack to the north, where Anathema is now. Shadowed Sun – a continuation of the previous naming traditions, I suppose. I was still in love with Jaded Shadows, so it only seemed natural. Deirdre’s mate – former mate, maybe, I don’t really remember – Pilot, was the other leader. He was the father of what would be your siblings, Sirius and Apollo. Pilot and Sirius were members of the pack, as well as Kieran, from Jaded Shadows. The pack lasted a bit before we lost Skoll, a wolf who used to be a member of Storm. He was killed and Kieran left to let his family know. With our two warriors gone, we were small and dispersed. I was a loner for a bit and then joined AniWaya with Pilot and Ember Phoenix, Phoenix and Iskata’s kid. I lived there for two years until… a little while ago. I left and was a member of Anathema for a bit, but nothing felt right. I’ve been a loner for a while now,” she concluded. [html]
[/html]
[html]

His story was always a complicated one and it took a fairly attentive canine to care or remember much of it. In this case the white female seemed to be fairly interested and he was sure she knew of his parents. It was strange to see Tayui after so many years and he did not blame her for not knowing him. Now he remained silent, allowing the white lady the same privilege of an attentive audience. She confirmed what he already knew she was indeed a loner. It was interesting, the tale. He had wondered, in the dead of night when he could not sleep, what had become of the members of Jaded Shadows. He hardly remembered them as he had met few and had only lived there a short time, but he still wondered. He did not recall a pack called Shadowed Sun, he must have been to young to know the packs around them anyway. At such a young age one only cared about their own home and believed their alpha to be the only one.

At the mention of Pilot his ears perked straight up. The male had come to visit once, before Jazper could understand why he would want to see Deirdre. As she continued to throw names at him he only understood the context of most of what she said, he did not know Storm but figured it must have been a pack, and he did not remember a Kieran from Jaded Shadows. He recalled Sirus leaving, talking about finding his father but if he were to run into the younger man today he would not recognize him as he had not seen him since his puphood. “I met Pilot once, as well as Ember when she was staying in Crimson Dreams, do you know what happened to them?” Perhaps Tayui would know more about the two wolves fate, as he had lost track of them years ago. “And what of Sirius? Out of my brother’s Deuce’s boys were much closer to me, Apollo returned only once when we were older but I never say Sirius again, I doubt he would even remember my name if I said it to him.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
[/html] Tayui nodded quickly when Jazper mentioned meeting Pilot and Ember. She was glad that a few of the names she'd offered were familiar. She was uncertain of where their histories overlapped and for how long they'd lived in the same pack together. She didn't even know if he knew his so-called 'brothers': Sirius and Apollo. She quickly re-focused her attention to his question. She responded quickly.

"After AniWaya? I'm not sure. Ember became mates with a wolf, but they disappeared after maybe a year. Pilot left sooner, but I'm not sure where he went. I'm sorry; they never said anything to me." She explained this all with a sad tone. She wished she had more to say, but the times were long gone just like her friends. "What of your family? Have you seen Deuce or Deirdre recently? I haven't heard from either of them since Jaded Shadows," she explained. She didn't know what to expect since she hadn't known them too well, but she hoped Jazper might have better news. If the conversation went well, she hoped to ask how his life was going too. She wasn't too sure to expect, but certainly he must have done something right along the way to be the leader of a pack. Albeit a newly-formed one, which could mean exile, she never recalled him being particularly nefarious. Though, Sirius had been a pleasant child and now he was a monster. With that thought, she quietly added: "Sirius is the leader of Salsola to the north. But I wouldn't go up looking for him. He's changed and his pack isn't like anything I've seen in a long time. They're bloodthirsty. He isn't the bright child I remember." [html]
[/html]
[html]

As the pale lady spoke Jazper took a moment to be a typical man. Although he did listen, with ears perked up and a smile, he took her in. She wasn’t a petite female and was probably considered fairly large among the ladies but when compared to Jazper’s monumental stature and wide torso she would be considered small. Although her age was visible to the eye it intrigued the male who was in the middle of his fourth year of life and found young females to be too naive to the world and immature. He was quite sick of younger ladies who believed that they should always get what they asked for. The coal male was not rude to those he courted by any stretch of the imagination but he did believe that the relationship should not rest on his paws and he found comfort in looking to an older woman for once.

He took comfort in knowing that Ember had found herself a mate and gone off. They had only met a couple of brief times but it was nice to know that his old acquaintance was most likely happy and had found a new home. Even though he wished that Tayui knew more about Pilot he could not fault her for not knowing. Deuce returned to Crimson Dreams shortly before I left to form Casa, I can’t guarantee she’s still there as she does tend to wander. A sideways smirk formed on his lips as he thought of his mother, She’s doing well though. Finally getting a hold of herself and she seemed to be getting quite close to Soran Aatte when I left so she’s happy. It was nice to see Deuce looking into the possibility of having a new mate. Lucifer had been a rotten guy behind the scenes.

As for Deirdre I really couldn’t saw. She never came back for us after the fire but I did run into a daughter of her’s, Addison, who was about a year or so younger than myself a couple years back. The information was useless but it was all he could offer. There was no sign of the white lady that had originally taken him into the Rhiannon family. Pausing he began to frown, Sirius had gone bad had he? It hurt Jazper to hear that the bouncing and happy boy he had once thought of as a brother was now off to the North causing problems. What has he done? Nothing against you I hope? Now he bore not the friendly and happy face of light conversation, but that of a true leader and warrior full of concern for his fellow canine and the lady before him.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
[/html] Tayui was glad to hear that Deuce was doing alright. Although they had never been friends, Tayui had been there for Deuce when her son, Shadow, trespassed in Inferni and was killed. Deuce had been so shaken and she had revealed something about her relationship with her mate at the time. Thinking back now, Tayui couldn't remember what exactly it had been. She recalled that she'd offered her help to Deuce and that was the last she saw of the white wolf. Deuce left the packlands some time after that, but exact dates eluded her.

Tayui was surprised to hear that Deirdre had a daughter. When Jazper named her as Addison, Tayui paused, frowning. Why did that sound so familiar? Addison Soul -- was -- oh! She knew now. Tayui had taken Claudius to visit Dahlia de Mai when he was less than two months old and Addison had been the first puppy outside of his family that he'd met. Tayui hadn't realized that Addison was the daughter of Deirdre. That didn't explain her name though; was she Deirdre's child with Haku? Tayui certainly hoped not. She didn't want to find more children from that demon of a wolf. It wasn't fair that good wolves had such horrible parents.

"Nothing against me personally," she replied slowly. "We spoke once. I think he and I might have gotten along if not for his new personality developments. He's still smart, but darker. It was strange. I'm not sure how to explain it except that I wouldn't like to do it again."
[html]
[/html]