life fades away in the dead man's hand
[html]

4 tammibaby. backdated dec 26th 2011. J't'aime ma poule! Bisoux!

Word Count → 533

Everything was happening so fast: life was one giant carousel fueled by invisible forces, originating from both the dead and the living. While it was unknown whether her dam was currently alive or not, Lilin was almost certain her mentor had reached the point of no return. Her body was fuctioning as it should, fulfilling its need for nourishment and sleep. It was her mind however, once brilliant and unlike any other life-form on earth (at least in the eyes of the Soulstorm child); it had been reduced to nothing short of dementia. Then there was Haku Soul, passed on in body and yet, more present through energy than anyone else in her life. Lilin did not know of his identity or history here at 'Souls aside from involuntary words spoken by her sleep-induced mother. The name was familiar but the male who bore said name was unknown to his own flesh and blood. Not knowing never really bothered her until now though.

Ever since her arrival to the New World, more precisely the encounter she'd had with Itachi Lykoi, hushed promises and whispers had appeared and since then amplified tenfold. They didn't necessarily make any sense. If anything, the voice's speech was slurred and it often triggered episodes of great anxiety for the dichromatic girl but above all doubts, Lilin knew that the entity was indeed male. It did help her overall well-being to have somewhat earned a residence next to three males in Halifax. Barrett's aura was soothing in ways that fulfilled her need for peace of mind and while trust wasn't something one should so easily give away, Lilin liked to convince herself that she'd made the right choice. After all, had he truly desired to harm her in any way, he would've had the chance to do so by now. His two companions, Axle and Grit, had been polite enough to exchange the standard "hello, how are you?" greeting and nothing more, which suited her just fine too.

The activities in which the boys were often engaged in were somewhat frowned upon by the two-toned juvenile. Mind-altering substances were for the weak and those who did not believe, or so her dam had once cited. No matter what she believed in though, providing a helping hand was part of the unspoken agreement she had with Barrett in exchange for shelter. After all, it was none of her business what anyone else did with their own mind and body. Her landlord's customers could destroy themselves and it really would make no difference in her life whether they lived poorly or not.

Today, the north beckoned her in a new direction. For all intents and purposes, her afternoon stroll was meant to be brief and localised around the city so she wouldn't stray too far from home but somewhere along the way, Lilin had changed her mind. So she walked on, leaving behind her new acquaintances and her belongings, heading deeper into a land overtaken by coniferous flora. She had no purpose, no conviction, absolutely no reason to be heading that way. But she did regardless, choosing not to listen or comply to common sense. It would lead her somewhere eventually.

table by the Mentors!

<style>
.lilinbroke .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.lilinbroke p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.lilinbroke b {color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.lilinbroke {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/awja0.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a9a9a9; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000; border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#FFFFFF;}
.lilinbroke .inner {margin:0px 10px 281px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#3B4E48;}
.lilinbroke .wordcount {color:#636363; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #636363; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
YAYAYAY. Can I call you my canette or is that just weird? >_>

[html]
[/html]After meeting up with her definitely-not-deceased sister, Tayui had followed her prey south, almost into the suburbs of Halifax. Among the looming and decrepit rows of houses, she had consumed her meal and then continued west in search of more work to do. She had met with a number of interesting individuals, some of which had agreed to assist her in her quest to bring down Salsola. She was immensely pleased. So, as she wandered, she considered her battle tactics. Her meeting with her sister made her think that she should find a real ghost to assist as a scout. With no scent or actual tangible form, a ghost would be a handy friend to have.

In her pondering of ghosts and not-quite-living beings, she nearly missed a real live wolf. She smelled the other wolf before she saw her, but when she did set eyes on the wolf; she immediately noticed her unique colouration. She looked a lot like a dog with her half-and-half markings. As Tayui drew closer to the wolfdog, she saw that the other female was wearing something around her neck: it looked like chains, but didn’t look as heavy.

Tayui soon realized she had been staring. Too late to turn back, she gave a small wag of her tail.

“Hello,” she called out cautiously. “Nice weather, eh?” All she had to do was comment on the snow and then Tayui could take her leave.[html]
[/html]
[html]

lulz, cutie. i think thats mostly used in france. a canette here is like... a beer can or a soda can. XDDDD

Word Count → 332

Ever since her awry encounter with one of the northern leaders, Lilin had deemed it unnecessary to step out of her comfort zone. Hilsburn existed solely to satisfy the needs of its resident quartet and for the last two weeks, she had devoted her time and energy to helping Barrett around the greenhouse. In all sincerity, she sought to find a purpose to get through the winter months: anything to take her mind off the recurring nightmares. She was learning new things, becoming a little more self-sufficient with every passing day. And with her newfound independence, the cult heir decisively challenged her misfortune once more. As long as the apricot sun hung over the city’s tall concrete buildings, the hushed murmurs would stay away for a little while longer. They would wait in hiding, seemingly nonexistent, until sleep would come to her. This she knew with certainty. Her subconscious torment had matured into an unfaltering routine and it showed no signs of letting up anytime soon.

It was difficult to say why she hadn’t quite noticed another’s presence until a voice rang out from behind her. Although the area was heavily permeated with visitors, half of them being her landlord’s customers passing through, there was no reason why she couldn’t have discerned another female’s existence in the neighbourhood. Especially this close in proximity. She froze dead in her tracks and slowly turned toward the ghostly-looking female. Her pelt blended amazingly well with the snow littering the frozen ground, causing Lilin to focus on the stranger’s oddly coloured eyes as opposed to the rest of her body. The affirmation rang true and undeniable; it was indeed a beautiful day. “Yeah, it is.” she replied simply, throwing in a tail wag of her own for good measure. “What brings you ‘round these parts?” Lilin was still fairly new in the area but nearly a month spent in Hilsburn would’ve been enough for her to notice other canines living in their part of the city.

table by the Mentors!

<style>
.lilinbroke {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/awja0.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a9a9a9; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000; border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#FFFFFF;}
.lilinbroke .inner {margin:0px 10px 281px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#3B4E48;}
.lilinbroke .wordcount {color:#636363; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #636363; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
OH MAN that is right. How do I call you duckling then?! I want to call you baby goose. Also, somewhat related: my friend tried to get a cup from a bar and she kept shouting "UN CUP" but pronouncing at as "UN COOP" and the bartender was like lolwut.

[html]
[/html]When Tayui heard the other wolf return the familiar banter, she moved to turn away and continue on. She paused when she noticed the wolf continue to move and then speak again. Although Tayui was trying to get away from her habit of just chatting up local strangers -- it really couldn't be that safe, after all -- she supposed it wasn't her fault if the other wolf wanted to talk, right? Tayui knew she should have been more shrewd, and although she was cautious, she didn't see the harm in a quick chat. She might be a bit loopy, but she could still carry on a normal conversation.

Tayui tilted her head as she considered the wolf's question. She didn't know quite how to reply, so she just answered honestly: "I live around here." She followed this with a noncommittal shrug and then added: "are you new?" If the wolf needed directions or hoped to find someone, she had certainly found the right wolf. As a self-declared peddler of information, Tayui had plenty to trade.

Tayui wasn't sure if this oddly-coloured wolf would have anything to offer, but she could always hope for te best. Although Tayui hadn't intended to make a trade, she was always interested in seeing what others had for sale or to offer. She wasn't just curious, like she had been in her youth: she was now older and nosier. [html]
[/html]
[html]

UN CANETON. Or well, we just say bébé canard, actually. XD

Word Count → 362

Lilin couldn't quite decipher whether the other female was in a hurry or not.There had been a subtle shift in her stance, a slight turn in the opposite direction. It was her own inquiry that pulled back the reins, retaining the alabaster gal's attention long enough to somehow form a conversation out of casual hello's. Courtesy and spontaneous chit-chat were things she'd never experienced until recently. And up to this day, no stranger had thrown a simple greeting her way out of good manners, if that had even been the girl's intention in the first place. Months ago, she had considered herself a good judge of character. But now, since meeting Barrett and encountering a wide variety of other personalities ranging from good to bad, she wasn't so sure anymore. First impressions were often sufficient enough to deduce if a person was best avoided and needless to say, avoidance didn't seem to be necessary in this case.

Her previous assumptions pertaining to the stranger's place of residence had been wrong. She did live somewhere in Halifax. Lilin nodded in acquiescence. After all, the city was big enough to harbor other individuals. “I guess I am new,” she admitted, bringing both of her shoulders up to form a shrug. It had been less than a full moon's time and she had run into a total of five people, at most. “I'm staying with a friend not too far away from here, down by Hillsboro and Auburn Drive.” Well, Barry wasn't exactly a friend yet. More of an acquaintance but getting into that was rather trivial at this point in time. She paused for a moment, searching for any signs of recognition in the older femme's contrasting orbs. The following question was in part due to her age, as a matter of fact. Lilin wouldn't have asked had it been someone less than two but there was an actual chance that this woman actually knew of her paternal family. “I'm pretty sure my family's from around here though. I remember my mom saying my father's name is Haku, or something like that. Do you know where I can find him?” It was worth a shot.

table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>[/html]
I like bébé canard. Un caneton sounds like a baby can.

[html]
[/html] Tayui nodded encouragingly when the other wolf explained her situation. The names of the roads meant nothing to Tayui, even if she could read the dilapidated signs. Most were destroyed, broken, or otherwise useless. Trees grew in the middle of streets and some streets were now flowering gardens. She wasn't so sure if knowing how humans organized the city mattered if the city had just gone and re-organized itself. It had broken free from its concrete and plaster confines and spread greenery in every direction.

When the girl mentioned that she had family in these parts, Tayui replied with a quick nod and a simple, "ah," before she quieted down to hear the rest. Although many came to 'Souls looking for family, the family this girl sought was not one she'd like to remember. Tayui struggled to keep a neutral expression when the wolf identified Haku as her father. She tried to look sad when she replied, but she wasn't sure how well that worked. She felt like she was about to burst and scream murderer! any moment now.

"Haku," she repeated quietly. Her inner struggle raged and for a moment, she had to look away to collect herself. "He--" she said. Her voice came out strangled and weak. "I'm very sorry miss, but your father is... no longer alive." Her voice became quieter as she spoke and at the very last word, it was barely more than a whisper. [html]
[/html]
[html]

sorryyy about the wait, i fail at getting my shiet together lately. work is hell. <3

Word Count → 263

In a way, she had expected the lassitude that came in reply to her description of Hilsburn. This lady didn't necessarily fit the profile of Barry's customers nor did she give off any lascivious vibes as many of his women did. If anything, the older woman depicted normality and nothing more. Her sire's name did rouse an unexpected reaction out of her, or multiple ones. As much as Lilin tried to decipher the emotions to cross the loner's face, she couldn't pinpoint anything but a certain level of courteous chagrin. The two-toned juvenile took the apology with a dip of her nose and a flustered grimace. It was almost as if this was her cue to express remorse for asking, for bringing back forgotten memories.

The ghostly femme's hesitation, the way his name rolled off her tongue and the hushed sound of her voice suggested something more. Surely they had been more than acquaintances. Childhood crushes, perhaps? This was an interesting hypothesis that brought forth many other inquiries: how many mates had he taken? How many offsprings did he have? The degree of distress in the older wolf's announcement was somewhat alarming. Lilin couldn't help but respond by flattening her receivers firmly against her skull. “I'm sorry.” she muttered then, visibly uncomfortable with the situation at hand. Had she known Haku Soul, perhaps she would've reacted differently. But to her, he was just a name. He had contributed to her conception and they shared no father-daughter bond. It was an abstract connection. “How did he... pass away?” Curiosity far outweighed any other emotion.

table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>[/html]
Aww :c I am just happy to thread with you! c: c: <3

[html]
[/html] When Tayui spoke, the other wolf seemed confused and searching. Tayui flinched under the weight of the girl's stare and tried not to look away. She did keep her eyes down, not wanting to stare into the other girl's eyes. She glanced back up when the wolf spoke once more, this time, with an apology. Confusion flashed across Tayui's face as she considered the girl's words. She was sorry? Why in the world would she be sorry? Tayui was sad she hadn't been there to see Haku die, but the world was better off without him.

When the wolf spoke again, Tayui realized that she must not have known Haku very well. Monsters like him do not simply pass away: they die a most horrible and violent death. Tayui was all too happy knowing that Gabriel had been the one to slaughter him. Tayui still had one of Haku's bones with her: it was one of the few things that she hated that she still kept with her.

"Miss, ah..." she began. She faltered when she realized that she didn't know the girl's name, but decided to continue anyway. "How well did you know your father?" Tayui tried not to look too concerned, but if all the girl had was a name, then Tayui doubted that she knew the extent of her father's crimes. [html]
[/html]
[html]

Tammi threads are always le win. Miss you ma cocotte d'amour!

Word Count → 263

This was getting more awkward by the minute. A vague sense of inadequacy shrouded the Soulstorm juvenile, reminding her of the way she'd felt upon meeting with Itachi. She couldn't understand the reasoning behind the older woman's reactions. There was hurt, unresolved emotional issues and confusion from both sides. Lilin briefly entertained the idea of apologizing once more and withdrawing from the situation altogether. No matter what she said or what she did, nothing seemed to make things right.

While she normally found comfort in quietude, the eldest woman's hesitation and general avoidance generated other feelings of opposite nature. The stranger spoke finally, compelling both of her receivers to perk into an upright position. “Lilin,” she chimed in, hoping to eliminate the need for formalities. No one had ever referred to her as 'miss' before, and it sounded a little too proper. The two-toned juvenile quieted down for what came next: an inquiry, one she hadn't quite expected.

“I didn't know him,” she admitted then, her voice dripping with a tinge of regret. Her dam had purposely kept his identity from her for the majority of her life and never had she taken the time to explain what kind of person he'd been in his lifetime. It felt as though now she would never know. Her search was over before it had even begun. “I don't think I'm even supposed to know his name.” The circumstances in which she'd learned of his identity were unconventional - Lillith Stormbringer often had episodes of crazed stupor where she would prattle incoherently, during which her daughter would listen. “Tell me something, anything. Please.”

table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>[/html]
I had a dream I called someone "ma canette" what. !_!

[html]
[/html] The girl interjected by offering her name, Lilin, which gave Tayui reason to pause for a moment. It was a foreign name and she couldn’t place its origins. Instead of trying to determine the girl’s background, she just shrugged it off and tried to re-focus her attention on the real issue at hand. It seemed as though she would not find an ally in this Lilin; the wolf was more interested in her father and Tayui wasn’t sure if she could tell her.

When Lilin explained that she had never known him – and that she hadn’t been supposed to know him – Tayui wondered how much she could tell her. The girl pleaded for more information and again, Tayui wondered how much she could reveal.

Slowly, she replied: “it was best that she kept him from you. He was… not a good wolf. He hurt a lot of good people and…” she sighed, a little exasperated with the wording. “He started a war with Inferni when he led Dahlia de Mai.” Of all things, she wanted to tell the girl the most was how she was much safer not knowing him or being known by him because he had murdered his own daughter. Everything she wanted to say was better left unsaid, so Tayui said nothing more. [html]
[/html]
[html]

U maek funny dreams!!!!

Word Count → 373

The woman's resentment appeared to be a protective shell. Why protection was necessary when the ghostly female's direct concern was deceased, she could not understand. And who was this chivalrous cocoon designed for - herself, or the pleading younster practically kneeling before her? Whatever her reasoning was, Lilin doubted she'd ever fully understand at this rate. It was disappointing in a way, being this close to learning the truth and not being able to grasp it. An explanation finally came, one she silently accepted although it pleased her none. Not knowing her sire might have been the better alternative, as was stated by this stranger, but she doubted Lillith Stormbringer would have withheld his identity out of consideration for her daughter's well-being. At a very young age, she had been submitted to gruesome rituals meant to achieve salvation via bloodshed. She had been named, after all, after nasty little daemons from Jewish demonology. The two-toned juvenile had seen too much and the preservation of her innocence had never been her dam's objective.

So what was the reason? Shame, perhaps; knowing that she'd had to settle for a lesser man than Ahren de le Poer. Things got a little more in depth, to the point where she found herself mind-boggled by the tidbits of information being thrown her way. No particular reaction rose out of her when it was revealed that Haku Soul had not been a good man. She quite frankly had expected as much. After all, her mother was not the pinnacle of integrity. However ashamed Lillith might have been, in order to willingly reproduce with the man, they would've needed things in common. Her eyes were kept downcast as she shuffled her feet absent-mindedly, offering a level of expression comparable to the ivorn lady's ambiguity. Her dichromatic ears, however, did swivel forth with the unveiling of her sire's powerful stature. It made a little more sense now. Lillith would have naturally gone for a strong one, hoping to instill the same strength in her offspring. “What was your relationship to him?” A little too bold of a question, perhaps. “What's your name?” she continued with a curious tilt of her head, hoping to maneuver around the audacity of her first inquiry.

table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>[/html]
8D It's kind of my thing.

[html]
[/html] The girl was perceptive; Tayui could tell. Even though Tayui had hoped to deflect these questions until she was absolutely certain it was right to tell the whole story, she could see questions forming in the girl’s eyes. Tayui felt bad for leading her on so, and even though she didn’t want to justify it with the age-old saying that it was for her own good, she suspected it was a part of it. For the most part, it was for Tayui’s own good. She didn’t plan on going around spilling her secrets to everyone.

She drew herself up, with a haughty sneer when the girl asked of their relationship. “It’s none of your business, my girl,” she reprimanded gently. Even though her words drifted like a fair summer breeze, it was quite evident there was more force behind the words. “My name is Noir. Your father was a murderer and a rapist. He murdered me, you see, when I was very young. I haven’t gotten over it and it’s been some time since.” As she spoke, her words progressively became more forceful. She did not yell: she only became firmer in her assertions. Yes, her father was a monster and he had deserved the death that had been brought unto him by the angel Gabriel.

For a fleeting moment, Tayui wondered if this was what madness sounded like. She suspected it was like wind chimes shattering on a warm summer’s day. [html]
[/html]
[html]

Lilin's trying to get out of dodge. XD End soon or with your reply? wotd: astringent

Word Count → 313

The behavioral change was subtle, so minimal in nature that Lilin did not see it coming. Admittedly, she had not expected such a peculiar turn of events. She was no stranger to insanity after all. Specific precursors had always accompanied her dam's dementia, none of which were detected in this woman before her peaceful demeanor turned into something ugly and quite unflattering. Her initial reaction was to mirror the sneer presented to her, unsure of how to handle this unstable character. There she was, getting reprimanded by a crazed woman she'd just met. She took it silently, receivers going from an upright position to a horizontal tilt. Lillith's face flashed before her eyes, a warning not to mingle with batty individuals. She'd had enough of that in her short lifetime and she knew when a swift retreat was necessary.

She was about to apologize when more information was revealed. Her name, for one, was unfamiliar. Noir. She started to nod then, but froze with the rest of the ivorn femme's rather bold disclosure. For a moment, Lilin truly felt offended by the words thrown her way. Whether they were meant to have that effect or not was irrelevant. It was the tone in which they assaulted her ears that prompted her hackles to raise ever so slightly. The more forceful they got, the more defensive she became. It was one thing to learn about what kind of man her father was (or had been), she could have handled that. But to have a statement of the sort paired with an explanation that made absolutely no sense was astringent, in a way. “Well Noir,” she began, choosing her words carefully. “You look incredibly well for a dead girl.” Debating with senseless chatter was pointless. She took the older loner's performance as a pretense to take her leave while she still could. “Thank you for enlightening me.”

table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>[/html]
End with my reply? :}

[html]
[/html]Tayui flicked her right ear forward and then back when the other girl spoke. The girl addressed her as Noir and Tayui tried to muffle a smile at the thought. Noir! She called her Noir! Tayui didn’t think she was doing a very good job at hiding her smile because she could feel the muscles around her mouth twitching and wiggling in excitement. Tayui found it wickedly humorous knowing that this wolf had believed her. Yes, it was quite true that the real Noir had been murdered, quite brutally, at a very young age. But Tayui was not this Noir. Aside from that one small, little detail, everything she’d said was true. But she supposed it had sounded so absurd and so violent that the wolf – Lilin – would not want to believe her. She supposed it didn’t matter either way. After all, Tayui would never see this girl again and she doubted it would matter much if one more wolf knew her as Noir or as insane. She had nothing to lose anyhow.

The girl thanked her for ‘enlightening’ her and Tayui tried once more not to giggle. Between breaths, she replied, “Oh, you’re quite welcome.” Again, her tone was gentle, but she spoke as if there was some hilarious, vicious message hiding underneath. Tayui hoped that the girl would go away soon so that she could burst into laughter and giggle until her sides hurt.[html]
[/html]