there's a calm surrender
[html]
OOC STUFFS HERE!

Yesterday, they had discussed building a boat. They day before he had been the topic of heated conversation. He had been accused of being like Lucifer, and like Liam. And yet, he was nothing like either one. He took after his mother, except without her depression. Or at least, he hadn't had the issues until Liam had done what he had done to Tameri.

Anyway, today, he just wanted to go home. He had slept in the stable two nights in a row. He wanted to go home, to curl up with his mate in their bed, to feel his pups moving under his hand. He wanted his life back, as normal as he could get it. He had bathed as best he could to remove the smell of stable off of him, to finish washing out the scent of Crimson Dreams and his mother. Not that he wanted to wash the sweet scent of his mother from his fur, the delightful tang of lavender, but he wanted his mate to remember that she was his, and he was hers. He wanted his life back the way it was. It wasn't a perfect life, but it was his life.

He hesitated on their porch, absently staring at the skulls. Tameri's wasn't among them, and he breathed a sigh of relief before making his way into the house. He had half expected the door to be locked, but it wasn’t. He now stood in the foyer, his hands in his pockets, clutching the piece of pink quartz he’d found by Tameri’s grave. It was small, but it was a gift of a sort for his mate. It was simple, a chunk of rose quartz that had been carved into a heart. It may have hung off a cord once, but Tal had placed it onto a silver chain for her. Not that she wore the amethyst he’d given her back when they’d first started dating, or courting, or however she’d put it. But he wanted her to have it anyways.

“Sky?” He stood still, listening. He half expected something to come flying at him, or Fella to come and tear him to shreds. He’d take it, he supposed. But more than anything, he wouldn’t back down. What he had done for Tameri was right. He knew it in his heart, that she was able to find peace because she was properly buried.

<style type="text/css">
.emptybed b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000;}
.emptybed p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.emptybed {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i40.tinypic.com/f2e80.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4f4564; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 215px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#312840; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 401
[/html]
[html]
WORD COUNT - 317
OOC: Sky is unimpressed. Fella is less so.

When Taliesin came into the house, the cat was waiting for him on the staircase directly infront of the doorway. Cold eyes burned at him with spite. This was the man that had hurt his mother, the one accused (and he so rightfully believed the accusations) of being evil. This man was filth... so why had he dared to come inside?

"Mom doesn't want you here, fleabag. Go away." The bobcat hissed, not caring if the woman heard him or not. As far as he knew, he was right and Sky hated Taliesin as much as he did.

But it wasn't the case. She'd heard the door open from the den, a room situated on the bottom floor and tucked away behind a door that locked automatically. She'd been writing notes on the current issues; Taliesin. Was he evil? She wasn't sure anymore. It was almost eerie when his voice suddenly entered the house and the sound of Fella's defensive hiss followed shortly after. With a heavy sigh, Sky stood from the desk and turned towards the door. Best save Taliesin from kitty-claw doom, at the very least.

When she walked out and around the back of the staircase, she spotted Taliesin first. At Sky's appearance, Fella shut up and simply sat there, glaring daggers at the white wolf. Evil man.

"Taliesin." Sky greeted shortly, eyes cold and not giving away any sort of emotion. In truth, she was glad he'd come; despite the accusations against him, he was her mate. There was always going to be that little bit of loyalty there for him, no matter what happened between the two. "If you're here to yell at me again, you can forget it. Otherwise, start talking." Short and to the point. She had things to do and ideas to write down. She didn't need another yelling match spoiling her somewhat peaceful day.

[/html]
[html]
OOC STUFFS HERE!

The words from Fella hurt, and Tal looked at the feline quietly. He had opened his mouth to say something to the cat, when Sky made her appearance. He looked at her as she came from the den. He knew the room, he’d often had to prop the door open for Tameri so she wouldn’t get stuck inside. Was she hiding in there for protection from him? His heart ached as he answered the question for himself, possibly rightly, possibly wrongly. Yeah, she was hiding from him, and the monster he supposedly was. Only twice had he lost his temper. Only once had that resulted in someone getting hurt, and that someone had deserved it. Or at least the scholar had felt the giant male, Shawchert, had deserved it.

He started to walk toward his mate, when a sudden hiss from the feline gave him pause. As his eyes darted toward Fella, the cat swiped his claws in the air. “Come near my mom, and you’ll be sorry, mutt.” Tal stopped where he was. Even from where he was, feet away from her, he could smell the sweet scent that had lured him to sleep so many night. His shoulders slumped; the scholar looked defeated. He pulled the rosy stone from his pocket, the silver chain sparkling. His eyes fell to the trinket he’d brought for her as he fiddled with the chain.

“I’m not here to yell. I wanted to say I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have lost my temper.” He was already resigning himself to finding another house within the packlands. He looked up at her, then gently threw the necklace to her in an underhand throw. “I found it... I thought you’d like it. I mean, I know you don’t like trinkets cluttering the house, but... well.. you know.” He swallowed as he shrugged.

“If you want me to go now, I’d understand.... I mean with our fight, and the way the pack looks at me...” The pointed glare from the feline was enough to make the male want to turn around and leave, but he wanted to see if Sky would at least let him be part of his offspring’s lives.

<style type="text/css">
.emptybed {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i40.tinypic.com/f2e80.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4f4564; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 215px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#312840; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 364
[/html]
[html]
WORD COUNT - 397
OOC: Go away, stupid cat. All is forgiven.

Sky would've normally told Fella to calm down and go away, but she quite enjoyed seeing a full grown wolf back off from a tiny, not even fully grown bobcat. Even if it was her mate, and even if he didn't fully deserve it. Blue eyes flicked over to the rose heart, the silver chain, and for a moment, she felt.. flattered. If that was his make-up gift, she'd be willing to accept it. She'd kept the first gift he'd given her, tucked safely away in the Den where no one would steal it, and where it wouldn't risk breaking.

She never wore the gifts unless it was a special occasion. And even then, she was fearful that they'd break or get lost. When he tossed it at her, she was quick to catch it, but slow to straighten again as she listened to him speak. He was apologizing and even offereing to leave her alone, but that wasn't what she wanted. She didn't want him to leave, she just wanted to hear him say sorry and mean it. This was more that a good enough apology.

She sent her feline 'son' a look and at first, he didn't pay it any mind. Then, she cleared her throat and he jumped a bit, looking over at her in confusion. He knew that look. That was the look that meant go find something to do... somewhere else. He'd learned early on not to disobey the woman and so, the cat turned and skirted towards the back of the house, hissing at Tal as he passed him.

Sky watched him go, then sighed and shook her head. "He's just upset. You know how cats can get." She explained softly. Then, in an act of forgiveness, she slipped the chain around her neck and looked at it fondly. "...don't leave." Eyes fell on his and she walked over to him, arms moving to loop around his shoulders in a hug. "I never wanted you to leave in the first place." And that was as close to an apology as he was getting from the stubborn hybrid. "...and it's only clutter if it's not special. This," She leaned back to look up at him, all of the bitter resentment now gone. "is a gift from my mate. That's about as special as it gets, if you ask me."

[/html]
[html]
OOC STUFFS HERE!

He was looking down at his feet, thinking about which house he'd stay in, when she made a noise. He looked up as she gave the feline a look. Soon after the cat had left -after hissing at him, of course- Sky placed the necklace around her neck. The scholar felt a surge of hope as she looked at him. When she asked him not to leave, his tail began wagging of it's own volition. Her eyes met his, and they met in the middle, both hugging the other.

He felt the need to explain why he'd left. "I'm sorry I left... I just, I needed to get away. We were fighting, and so many pack mates looked at me weird. After the night I came back, I understand why. If they think like Orin does..." He trailed off, looking away. It hurt that so many in the pack believed him a monster like Lucifer, like Liam. He wasn't like them. And how many of them knew stories about Lucifer's father, Noah? None. Noah Sawtooth had been a gentle giant of a male. Noah Sawtoothson, Tal's brother, took after the elder Noah. Lucifer and Liam were the black sheep of the family, the odd men out.

He shrugged lightly, touching her protruding stomach gently. "I hope you know I'd never hurt anyone without a real cause." His reason to fight Shawchert had been fair, and hey, it had won him the hand of the fair lady Sky.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
wc: 247
[/html]
[html]
WORD COUNT - 288
OOC: Sky can't let a moment happen without some ego-rubbing thrown in there.

He explained himself uselessly. She knew, deep down, the real reason he'd left and he only proved her theory of his escaping the chaos. She watched his hand on her stomach, still feeling uneasy about it, but not making it known at all. Instead, she shifted against him and whined softly, a sound that could easily be one of relief.

I know that. And it's my job to make sure we convince the rest of the pack, too. She sighed into his fur. Orin's so used to evil being behind the shadows that she's making it visable for herself. Don't blame her, or anyone. They're just frightened and you're the easy blame because of your relation. She knew now, his gentle touches, heartfelt words, that he was not the evil man their pack thought he was. He was probably as frightened as the rest of them. I know the truth, Taliesin.

She leaned back to smile up at him, blue eyes gleaming. I know that you've got a wicked temper. I know that your belief in Rhiannon keeps you going. I know that you love your family and would do anything to protect us and I know that you're as shitty at handling arguments as I am. And stubborn, too. A coy grin worked its way onto her face and she stood on tiptoes to kiss him gently, a welcome home persay. And you know what else I know?

She waited a moment for effect. I know that I love you more than anything and that these pups... our children... will love their father almost as much as they love dear old mommy. Aaaand there she goes, being Sky as always. Hot-headed, egotistical, stubborn Sky.

[/html]
[html]
OOC STUFFS HERE!

She shifted her weight against him and whined softly. He nuzzled her, rubbing her swollen belly tenderly. "Everyone is frightened, love. I understand that. I just don't see what I have done to give Orin the impression that I'm so evil." Her words, her idea of the truth, tugged a smile onto his lips. She had him pegged, alright. She stood on tiptoes, kissing him gently, and he happily kissed back.

Her words about their pups made him chuckle. "I'm sure they'll have their mother's beauty, too, along with all her love." He paused, a serious face. However, his mis-matched eyes sparkled with impishness. "I just wonder... will you still love me when you're giving our pups all your love?" He chuckled, kissing her nose playfully.

Behind his words, carefully concealed, was the constant bitter worry about Sanja. He couldn't smell any other males on her. And yet... she had screamed at him about Sanja. He didn't want to lose her to some faceless opponent, not after having fought so hard to win her love for himself.

He watched her carefully as he spoke, studying her eyes and face. "I love you so much Sky, and I never want to lose you. I hope you know that. You are my mate, my one true love." He stroked her hair gently, just now realizing the strange color. He lifted a skein of hair gently, studying it with a bemused expression. After a moment, he returned his gaze to her face again, a small smile on his lips. "Purple. I like it, it's... different. In a nice way, that is. How did you do it?"

He'd never actually thought about dying his fur, although the white was perfect for it. His mother had never dyed her fur, either. He knew others did it, of course. Several of his pack mates had dyed their fur at some time, most notably Orin, who had peculiar pink and yellow hair rather than her off white pelt. He rubbed the hair between his fingers thoughtfully, then let it go, resting the hand on the smaller female's shoulder.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
wc: 351
[/html]
[html]
WORD COUNT - 332
OOC: BLAH LOREM BLAH IPSUM BLA-- PINK!?!

She hummed in mutual confusion. Whatever had Orin so worked up over it was beyond her. She hadn't seen the woman so frantic since... well, it didn't matter. She'd figure it out. Taliesin was the accused, so despite his rank, it was her job to figure out whether or not he was, in fact, a danger to the pack.. and to prove to the rest that he wasn't. She just didn't know how to.

When he questioned her about loving him once the pups were born, that impish sparkle in his eyes all the while, she grinned coyly. Maybe. We'll see. She laughed softly as he kissed her nose and there wasn't any doubt that the answer was yes, Sky had enough love to go around. A mother's love for her child and a woman's love for her mate were two different things, after all.

She looked up at him as he spoke adoring words to her, stroking her hair and worrying for reasons she couldn't quite place. Confusion clouded her eyes for a moment, pinching her brows together, but she smiled anyway. Silly Taliesin. Of course. And I love you. She hummed softly, moving her head into his hand affectionately, loving the contact. My mate, my only, my love. And it was the truth, whether that voice in her head liked it or not. (He hated it. Loathed it. But she didn't care.)

Then he commented on the hair color and she laughed again, leaning back to look at the strand he held carefully. Orin did it for me, actually. I was getting sick of the blond. I still don't know how the heck I ended up with such light hair when my fur's so dark... but I think the purple looks better. It matches the brown more, surprisingly enough. Then that mischeif came back and she looked up at him, tip-toeing to ruffle a hand through his hair playfully.

What about you, I wonder... Pink? Imagine.

[/html]