sniffing
[html]

note, there is no eagle. she's hallucinating.

Medusa walked along the unfamiliar territory twitching her right ear as she usually did; the lack of sight forced her to. She'd rather not get caught unawares again... The last time she had, she'd lost her right eye. The Narrator told her under no uncertain terms that she would be in trouble if she did anything to lose another part. As he said, bodily bits were invaluable.

All of a sudden, an eagle swooped towards her and grabbed at her cloak. "Back foul fiend!" she cried, striking out at the vile monster with a stick. "I won't let you get my little babies!" she screeched, her voice becoming hoarse. Armani and Eszter writhed in the sack she carried. Kill it! cried the Narrator. KILL IT!

The eagle vanished, carrying away Medusa's fear and anguish. She let out the two snakes and they crawled on her arms, their lethal fangs exposed when they yawned. There was a chill in the air and the two were lazy, not yet accustomed to the colder weather than in their original home. Medusa whispered with wide eye as she stroked Armani's venom dripping fang with a finger.

All of a sudden, a musty, reptilian smell wafted between some trees. Unabashedly passing over a territory that reeked of hostile wolves, Medusa touched a painted tree with her snake-entwined arm and crouched to better find the source of the scent.

<style type="text/css">
.medgrsnke b {font-weight:bold; color:#3d2640; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#634435 1px 1px 2px;}
.medgrsnke p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.medgrsnke {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#b97f64; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TqRRz.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #634435; padding:240px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#634435; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style> @import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Alegreya+SC);</style>Skye Collins
Word Count :: 000 Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.

Usually, she sensed newcomers by sound - they made no effort to stay hidden, and howled for her attention, either for a trade or even to join the pack. However, this one she first recognized by scent - the alien smell of a foreigner wafted into her nose, followed by the sound of the presumable female screeching at something Skye did not know.

Immediately drawing her dagger from its sheath, she walked to where the stranger was, which was not very far. She found the odd-looking female - light colored, with horrible scars stretching down and across her face, covering her eye. The one eye she did have looked slightly crazed, and to add to that feature, she had two snakes draped over her.

She was also inside Skye's territory.

Snarling loudly and walking briskly to the woman so that the Optime female was mere feet away from the woman, she raised her knife and bared her teeth.

"You are trespassing upon Cercatori d'Arte soil, stranger," she growled lowly, her hackles rising and her tail lashing in defense of her home.

Your the only one who saves me from myself, I abandoned this love and laid it to rest, And now I'm one of the forgotten

Image courtesy of auensen

<style>
.GR2_Skye3 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_Skye3 b {font-family:verdana; color:#2b4131; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Skye3 {background-color:#d9dccb; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#7a8476; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/3425/atable17.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:210px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #7a8476; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_Skye3 .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #7a8476; }
.GR2_Skye3 .name {text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:65px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Skye3 .lyrics {color:#2b4131; text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:13px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.GR2_Skye3 .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#102015; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #7a8476; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here.

Medusa cuddled Armani's head beneath her chin as she sniffed around, her ear still twitching ridiculously. It stilled for a moment in one direction and Medusa looked up, her golden iris focusing. "What?" she asked, in a manner to be taken as sheer stupidity or confusion. All she knew was that a pretty woman-- You used to be pretty hissed the Narrator. Even more than her. Medusa smiled briefly, then her brow furrowed as she tried to remember where she was. Oh yes.

There was a woman of some standard of attractiveness in front of the snake woman, looking rather angry. Medusa didn't understand why, all she was doing was looking for a snake. That was nothing to quarrel about, was it? What was a bad thing anyway?

"Cercatori... What's a Cercatori?" she asked, sitting on her haunches, looking at the angry woman. Her head tilted in an inquisitive manner, the riotous blond curls falling about her torn and tattered cloak. She did not understand what she was trespassing on, let alone understand the meaning of trespass. Armani slithered off of her arm and towards the woman, his tongue flickering as he tried to make sense of things.

<style type="text/css">
.medgrsnke b {font-weight:bold; color:#3d2640; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#634435 1px 1px 2px;}
.medgrsnke p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.medgrsnke {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#b97f64; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TqRRz.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #634435; padding:240px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#634435; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style> @import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Alegreya+SC);</style>Skye Collins

The creamy white alpha female narrowed her eyes dangerously as the strange outsider in front of her seemed to display sheer stupidity of the subject of packs and their territories. One of her snakes, the black and white one, began to slither around on the woman's body, making Skye even more wary of what this woman wanted. On one hand, she seemed to be insane - on the other hand, this could be a trick.

Her eyes narrowed further as the woman inquired about what 'Cercatori' was. "Cercatori d'Arte is the name of these lands, girl," she said sharply, taking a few steps toward her and her weird snakes. "The lands that you have trespassed upon without permission." The last words came out in a low grow, bordering on a vicious snarl. This woman set her sensors off - she was odd, strange, either was not all right in the head or otherwise completely clueless and stupid about how the world worked.

Even if she was daft or insane, it would have been near impossible to miss the scent markers of Cercatori d'Arte. On the outside, their scent was pungent and noticeable, the odd-scent-out - in here, however, in her own woods and forest and lands, the odd loner who stood before her was the one who was the odd one out; all around her wafted the scents of clay and the musky scents of the forest, while this wolf smelled only of herself and a slight strange sickness.

Suddenly, the snake left the woman's arm and began to slither towards Skye. The female barked at it once loudly and lowered her dagger, still keeping her eyes on the woman, hoping that the sound would make it direct its path somewhere else. "Remove yourself from my lands, trespasser," she hissed.

Your the only one who saves me from myself, I abandoned this love and laid it to rest, And now I'm one of the forgotten

<style>
.GR2_Skye3 b {font-family:verdana; color:#2b4131; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Skye3 {background-color:#d9dccb; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#7a8476; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/3425/atable17.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:210px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #7a8476; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_Skye3 .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #7a8476; }
.GR2_Skye3 .name {text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:65px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Skye3 .lyrics {color:#2b4131; text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:13px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.GR2_Skye3 .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#102015; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #7a8476; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Medusa nodded sadly as the pretty woman got even more mad at her. She held her head low and looked at the ground in front of the woman rather than at her, her left ear going down in submission or sadness, while her right ear remained up and twitching maniacally. I'm sorry. she said meekly. Where I am from there were no lands. We came and went as we pleased. Thought the smell was a family living in this area. she explained. It was true, the poor woman only thought this land was like hers. The culture shock truly came as a shock and as a snarling woman with... a knife. Towards Armani.

From her spot on the ground, Medusa's eye narrowed and her fur bristled slightly. Do you intend to harm my baby? she asked, her hoarse voice rising an octave in panic. That couldn't happen, it shouldn't happen, not to her defenseless baby. She laid his egg, she cared for him and made sure he was strong and his venom potent.

Rising up to more of a crouch, Medusa shook her head. If he bites I can't do anything. You'll hurt. Probably die. she frowned sadly and whistled to Armani, who turned and came back towards her. Eszter slid off of her arm to join her male companion on a hunt for mice and other small mammals.

Suddenly, Medusa's eye widened and she stared at the eagle sitting menacingly in a tree near the pretty woman. Snarling, the snake-woman sprang and attacked at the eagle, her cloak brushing against the woman as she passed. Go away you MONSTER! she screeched, wrestling the eagle to the ground as it raked at her with it's talons, tried to pluck her eye out with it's villainous beak.

Looking briefly at the woman again, Medusa cried out to her. Get away! He'll get you if you don't! Run! The eagle is a monster! The cloak fell off and revealed her tattoo and with it, a brief sense of clarity. She whipped out her dagger and stabbed the eagle in the heart, and his dying screech echoed in her ears. She picked up the corpse and carried it back to where she was before, plucking his feathers out and cleaning the blood off of her hands.

Medusa looked up at the woman, her eye unfocused and hazy, with a vacant grin on her face. No matter how many times I kill him, he still comes back. she whispered.

<style type="text/css">
.med1cai b {font-weight:bold; color:#9e6d5f; text-shadow:#1c0e0a 1px 1px 2px;}
.med1cai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.med1cai {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#2f1a1a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/kSwwf.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #291616; padding:230px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c9179; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.med1cai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.med1cai p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.med1cai p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Finally the odd-looking woman began to show some sense, and lowered her ears and turned her body to a more submissive position. Usually Skye was not the one to lord her rank over everyone, or to force others to show submission, but sometimes exceptions had to be made, such as in this trespasser's case. The woman became even weirder in Skye's eyes as she told shortly of her past, and how where she came from, wolves and canines did not have their own territories. Everyone apparently just walked around wherever they wanted.

Weird and insane as this woman was, she did seem genuine, and as long as she got off of Cercatori d'Arte, Skye really didn't care. She was about to say so when the woman's eye changed - where it was somewhat sane before, it morphed into a crazed look, and Skye was puzzled for a moment by her question. Baby? Did the woman have a puppy with her? But then she realized that this crazy lady was talking about the snake. Skye watched, perplexed, as she described the dangers of the snake.

"Why on earth would you keep such a dangerous creature with you --" Skye was cut off as the woman exclaimed yet again about something and lunged forward. Instinct took over logical thought and Skye jumped backward and bared her dagger and her teeth at the woman, snarling loudly. The woman, however, completely ignored Skye and instead.. attacked the air next to her?

Still crouching, she watched as the woman stabbed and whipped the air around her, finally stopping and seeming to grab something - although nothing was there. She then sat on the floor, picking at invisible things that Skye could not see. As the woman grinned and looked up at her, Skye saw the true insanity in the woman's eye.

This idiot was a lunatic and she did not care for her in her pack lands anymore. She did not think she was being insolent anymore in her insane ramblings, but she certainly was a dangerous liability, particularly since she could see dangerous things and attack them at any time - it reminded her of another insane individual. Liam. With the image of the boy in her mind, Skye snarled once more and crouched, all prepared to strike.

"You are insane," she snarled. "If you don't get out of my territory in the next few minutes, I will personally -- forcibly -- remove you." What she didn't say was that she would just kill her if she restrained any longer - she would find that little fact out soon enough, though.

<style>
[/html]
[html]

finish after this?

Medusa sniffed and stood up, dumping the eagle's carcass on the ground. She watched as it dissolved, as it did the countless times before she came to terms with the fact that she was insane and doomed to eternity to hunt the eagle, forever in a hell that could not be described. She curled her lip at the empty space and kicked dirt over it, and looked at the woman.

I carry dangerous animals around because they keep me safe. Is that a thing you can say, oh fearless leader? Her deranged smile twisted the scars to look almost comical, but at the same time disturbing. Are you sure you can protect your lands? she asked, the smile widening to reveal yellowed fangs.

Head high, not showing a drop of submission to the woman, Medusa swayed over to her cloak and shrugged it on, then whistled to her snakes. Armani and Eszter came out slowly, already fat from a meal poached from Cercatori's lands. The two slithered into the sack and the blond and yellow woman swept it over her shoulder.

She was just about to leave, affronted at the woman's lack of gratitude over her life being saved, when the woman called Medusa insane. I am not insane, I accept the circumstances given to me. She smiled again, dark things slithering in the recesses of her disturbed eye. Do you accept yours? She laughed darkly, an inherent insanity coursing through the malevolent sound. I sense disgrace and fear throughout these lands. I'd rather not stay anyway, let alone let someone like you force me out.

With that, she turned and flicked her tail and swayed off, paying certain attention to her surroundings as she did. In the event that she'd ever need to steal some ritual parts, she would be able to come in if she so chose. She'd probably not bother and hunt them down without having to avoid the pack. Besides, that would require going back to a place that offended her. And we wouldn't do that, would we, darling? hissed the Narrator soothingly.

<style type="text/css">
.med2cai b {font-weight:bold; color:#f0e1e0; text-shadow:#3c1f1d 1px 1px 2px;}
.med2cai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.med2cai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#c8adac; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/nCjwG.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bd9c9a; padding:170px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#786060; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.med2cai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.med2cai p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.med2cai p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 000 sure Smile

The female ignored the insane's words, disregarding them as the words of a lower, unworthy one. She stood tall and high over the unranked and outsider female, her tail erect and her ears straight; her head was held high and she looked down upon the loner. The female may have the illusion that she knew things better than Skye did, that she was better at being protected than she was, but the fact remained that Skye had an entire pack behind her - and this woman had nothing but her easily killed snakes.

She followed closely behind the woman, dagger still up and threatening - she didn't bother to answer the girl, as that was below her time. Loners, especially those who dared to be so imprudent as to trespass upon a pack's borders, were below even the lowest of the pack - were unworthy to tread the soil that they did. She followed the woman until she was finally out of the pack's borders; and when she was, Skye let out a final, feral snarl and a snap of her teeth, sending a clear message - if the loner came back into those lands again, she would not come back out.

<style>
[/html]