J-Moon Called
Tharin followed the older wolf warily, wondering what this pack would be like. It held infected wolves in it, but Shandom had promised that he'd like it and fit in. Other wolves like him lived there as well, so it had to be something similar to how he lived for other wolves that had escaped the virus to be able to live there peacefully. He wondered if there would be many two leggers in the pack, or if they would remain on four legs like the infected were able to. Like Shandom and Fayne chose to. Leaving the site that he'd claimed as his own was far easier than he would have liked to admit, needing a pack more than needing proof that he could care for himself.

Sitting down at the borders he glanced over to Shandom. Obedience would be the key to being accepted here. At least, that was how it had been in his pack. He crouched down low, tail low to the ground and ears lowered. It was more difficult for someone who naturally acted more dominant, but it was still in him to submit and accept others as his superiors. What would the alphas be like? He hoped they would be like the other wolves from New Dawn that he'd met. Actually, more like Shandom than Fayne, since Fayne had ended up crying over being infected. He couldn't blame her for that, but that was the behavior of a subordinate, not an alpha.
[html]

I'm going to have Shandom call for a leader, if that's okay?

WC - 324

The journey back to New Dawn was not an incredibly long one, though it did take several hours. By the time the pair reached the borders of Shandom's home, the sun was lower in the sky and cool, brisk early Spring air ruffled at the Gamma's coat. Still, he was happy to be home. He could not wait to return to the communal den and collapse in the comfortable pile of his brothers and sisters. Sleeping alone was one of his greatest dislikes, as he had not been raised in such a fashion. No real wolf had been. It was one of his qualms with the Court - the individualized rooms in a human structure gave no real sense of unity. Certainly, most of the pack was there, but they had been divided by walls and traditional gaps. Leaving had been one of the more intelligent decisions he'd ever made.

Tharin had adopted a submissive posture, and Shandom nodded approvingly. An appreciation for hierarchy was a necessity to success in New Dawn, and though many of the wolves who came across their borders adhered to the nuances, there were some who did not. Another of his dislikes, it seemed. But the Gamma was a traditional wolf, rather set in his own ways, and he was not ashamed to be slightly ornery from time to time. It was one of the benefits of being older, anyway. Slight cantankerousness was allowed, though Shandom often tried to mask it. I'll call the Alphas, then, he quipped, breaking the silence between the two. He tilted his crown back, lifting his strong muzzle to the sky and loosed his familiar baritone cry imploring Zalen, Titania, or Soran to come to the borders to meet a newcomer.

His call finished, the male brought his eyes back to the younger boy. It should not be long, now. He too adopted a submissive posture, though it was not as extreme as Tharin's.

<style type="text/css">
.waadoc b {font-weight:bold; color:#cad3ec; text-shadow:#16120d 1px 1px 2px;}
.waadoc p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.waadoc {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#98938c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/3zqrQ.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #595856; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3f4047; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.waadoc .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.waadoc p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.waadoc p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Rancho);</style>Titania Moonsong

burning the ground, I break from the crowd
I'm on the hunt I'm after you

strut on a line, it's discord and rhyme

AND I'M HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF

Word Count :: 300+ Ooh, we get a Bria?! =D

Titania was in Avalon when the call rang out. So close to the water, the sound was almost drowned out by the falls, but just at the end her sensitive hearing picked up the note that sang through New Dawn. There was no mistaking that howl, it was Shandom, and her presence was needed. Stepping away from the crystalline lake, Titania let a brusque howl sound and then broke into a sprint, crossing the clearing quickly and bounding into the thicket of trees, following the path of the call.

It did not take too long for her to arrive on the scene, and when she did she appeared from around a large tree trunk. As she emerged her silver and ivory coat shimmered in the light. Her paces slowed now, and she took a moment to survey the image before her. Her dear, trusted Gamma, Shandom, stood here, clearly ready for the leader’s arrival, next to a wolf she had never seen before. Honey colored eyes that were so like those of her own mother flicked to peer at the stranger. Clearly there was no threat here, or Shandom would have dealt with him so, so she surveyed the wolf with a curious eye.

Prancing towards the pair, her expression light and airy, a smile spanned her muzzle as she spoke to Shandom, “Greetings, brother.” She nudged his muzzle with her own, and then looked to the wanderer again. He appeared to be a fit wolf of a younger age. She saw the spark of youth in his eyes, something like that which shone in her own eyes. And ear flicked, and then her curled tail twitched, and after the briefest of pauses she asked; “Picking up strays again? Or did he just follow you home?” She joked, the grin on her face showing that the Alphess really meant no harm. There was clearly a good reason why he was here, and why he was with Shandom.

And then to the newcomer she asked, “What is your name, Wanderer?”

image from dawnthieves; code template by kitty; table by raze

<style>
.Hltw_razkit p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px; line-height:16px;}
.Hltw_razkit b {color:#ffff62; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.Hltw_razkit {background-color:#605f5f; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#f1efed; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/XNRhd.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:440px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #463837; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.Hltw_razkit .name {text-align:center; font-family:Rancho; color:#ffff62; font-size:65px; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:25px; letter-spacing:2px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.Hltw_razkit .lyrics {font-family:georgia; color:#f1efed; font-size:15px; padding:6px 0px 10px 0px; line-height:12px; text-align:center;}
.Hltw_razkit .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:10px; border-bottom:2px dotted #3a3629; padding:0px 15px 0px 0px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
Tharin couldn't stop a cocky grin from appearing as he gained the older wolf's approval. He was doing good, and he knew it. Tharin saw nothing wrong in showing off that he knew what he was doing was right. He nodded his head, the grin disappearing again as Shandom announced the alphas would be called. He glanced over again, wondering if this would go well. What are the alphas like? Shandom adopted a more submissive pose, leaving Tharin wondering how he'd end up in the pack. He hoped that he'd rank alright. He had done fine in his old pack, but this wasn't it, and they didn't know how good he was. He'd have to work hard to prove himself.

There wasn't time for his question to be answered before a beautiful young wolf appeared. She was gorgeous, and it was a shame that the scent of another clearly marked her as off bounds. Her dominant air was impressive, even if he did feel it was out of place on such a lithe frame. Instead of making him rebellious, it actually made him more respectful, knowing how powerful she had to be to hold such a position when so young. She greeted Shandom, Tharin's tail thumping lightly with the hope that he could be part of a pack where the members were so close to one another. Respectfully he looked to the ground as her attention turned to him. Tharin Lupei. I was hoping that I might find a home here. I can hunt.
[html]

I don't know what's wrong with me lately. My posts are so short. :|

WC - 324

Before Shandom could respond to Tharin's question about the Alphas, the familiar scent of Titania floated through the air and the Gamma prepared to see his lovely Alphess and moon-sister. A small smile curled across dark lips as he tipped his head to her, flattening alabaster ears further against his head. Alphess, a pleasure, he murmured, dark eyes not meeting hers. The Qi'Vaex man was noticeably closer with the girl than her mate: for whatever reason, he and Zalen did not have much occasion to interact with each other. He bestowed a small lick upon the underside of her chin, a gesture of supplementation and respect, before wagging his tail slightly to express his delight upon seeing her. The silvery female was a pleasure to be around, and quite relaxing. It was an aura that benefited the occasionally tight lipped male.

When she inquired about Tharin, Shandom shifted his gaze to the male momentarily, waiting for the boy's answer. I have smelled evidence of his hunting power, and he has been nothing but respectful and genuine since I found him. He has told me that he seeks a home in the style of the old ways, and I felt that he would suit us well. I wholeheartedly vouch for him, Miss Titania, Shandom concluded, a small smile across his scarred face.

<style type="text/css">
.waadoc b {font-weight:bold; color:#cad3ec; text-shadow:#16120d 1px 1px 2px;}
.waadoc p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.waadoc {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#98938c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/3zqrQ.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #595856; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3f4047; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.waadoc .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.waadoc p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.waadoc p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Rancho);</style>Titania Moonsong

burning the ground, I break from the crowd
I'm on the hunt I'm after you

strut on a line, it's discord and rhyme

AND I'M HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF

Word Count :: 300+ Welcome!

She noticed the sudden twitch of the stranger’s tail at her presence, and this delighted her. He was postured but at ease, probably thanks to Shandom. Most newcomers were usually too anxious to offer up much of a tail wag, but it was a very good sign indeed that he was happy at the sight of what could be his future alphess. This showed Titania that the stranger’s spirit embraced the idea of the pack.

She was still looking at the stranger when Shandom gave her a lap under the chin, and she wriggled her head to nip playfully at his ear – one of her playful ways of telling him to be at ease. Their greeting was over, Shandom did not have to fret over tedious formal posturing for the Alphess. Although a creature of the old ways, Titania often allowed her pack to rest at ease around her in casual situations – just as all of their ancestors had, even before the virus.

“Well met, Tharin,” she said smoothly. “I am Titania Moonsong, Alphess of New Dawn. Normally I have a few questions for those who wish to join out family, but something tells me that you already know about our pack and our ways.” She turned a smile to Shandom.

The Gamma stood for the stranger, vouching for his skills and worthiness of a place in New Dawn. No doubt Shandom had told him all there was to know about their pack. Her eyes turned back to Tharin. “Well with a reference like that, I would be remiss to deny you entrance into our family. I trust Shandom’s word completely. Welcome to New Dawn, Tharin.”

There was a short pause, and then she continued, “You will join our family as a Subord – equal with most of your brothers and sisters. But in time, if your hunting skills prove worthy then in time you might achieve the skilled rank of Epsilon. Our Epsilons are our hunters and warriors. Or maybe you have other talents we will learn about in time.” She gave Tharin a smile, then stepped over to him and gave a welcoming lick on the snout.

image from dawnthieves; code template by kitty; table by raze

<style>
.Hltw_razkit p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px; line-height:16px;}
.Hltw_razkit b {color:#ffff62; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.Hltw_razkit {background-color:#605f5f; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#f1efed; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/XNRhd.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:440px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #463837; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.Hltw_razkit .name {text-align:center; font-family:Rancho; color:#ffff62; font-size:65px; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:25px; letter-spacing:2px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.Hltw_razkit .lyrics {font-family:georgia; color:#f1efed; font-size:15px; padding:6px 0px 10px 0px; line-height:12px; text-align:center;}
.Hltw_razkit .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:10px; border-bottom:2px dotted #3a3629; padding:0px 15px 0px 0px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
Rest now, traveler, for you are home.

Your brothers and sisters welcome you to New Dawn!

Congratulations! You no longer stray from the path and have returned to life as a true wolf. You do not have to face this world alone, and now may rely on the wisdom of your pack to guide you.

• Take a moment to check out our Game and the Moons to see how you can start collecting rewards.
  • Remember to study your new realm by reviewing the Map and Territory Guide so you may know the land in which your family thrives. Do not be afraid to travel anywhere within the borders of New Dawn.
  • Please read about our Culture and take a moment to review our Policies so you are best equipped to live as a true wolf.

If you have any questions or concerns you may always seek your alphas' guidance by contacting Nat (Zalen Damaichu) or Nuki (Titania Moonsong). Feel free to start posting in your new home immediately, or if you would like to plan a thread you may poke your muzzle around in Thread Requests or Open Threads!

[/html]
To hear Shandom vouch for his skill in hunting brought a smile to Tharin's face. He hadn't known the wolf for long, but at least it appeared that his time spent hunting hadn't been wasted. It had been enough to prove that he could hunt, and well. He didn't get the whole 'seeking for a pack that followed the old ways', as he did live that way, and didn't see it as old at all. It was simply how life was. The alphess' powerful gaze shifted over to him, talking clearly. It appeared that showing respect to the gamma had been the best decision of his life, accepting him into the pack with very little fuss.

A whine of happiness slipped through him. Licked on the snout he lifted his head, happily licking at Titania's chin, ears laid back as his tail wagged happily. He had a pack. He wished that he was in his old pack, but this was good. Maybe it could become his new home, allow him to forget the shame that drove him to not return. Standing up he crossed over the borders, a little hesitant at first. He glanced over at his new pack members, tail wagging, before bounding into a run, eager to explore the extent of his new home, and find all that lived within it.