In this religious hour...
[html]

Fast forwarded to April 26

Word Count → 500 || Points → 5

Buildings all around her were decaying with each passing day. Some of them even made her feel like they were going to crumble when a harsh wind blew against them, and the wind had been pretty harsh for the past few days. It was raining, and she was looking for some kind of shelter from the storm, which seemed to be following her all the way from Halifax. Most of the buildings around the city had too many holes to even protect her from the pelting rain. Plus, it was basically raining sideways with frequent lightning and the occasional clap of thunder. The thunder was loud, and it made Rio jump every time it came suddenly. Her fur was soaked to the skin from all the rain, and she hardly knew what she was doing out in the open during a storm like this.

Finally, she found a building that was good enough. The roof wasn’t perfect, and there were many leaky spots, but at least there weren’t any gaping holes. She pushed open the heavy door, and it groaned loudly in protest. When she was finally inside, she shook off what water she could from her body, while she was in Luperci form. Shaking wasn’t so natural in this form, though, and most of the water still clung to her usually fluffy fur. Her long black hair hung in wet strands before her face, and before she knew what hit her, she felt a sharp pain. Something bit her ear; naturally, she ducked from whatever it was and clutched her ear. There was no blood, but whatever it was continued to assault her head.

She managed to turn around quick enough to see that there was a large owl attacking her. And it kept attacking her. Rio tried to bat the animal away with a hand, but it wouldn’t give up. She ran through the building, now recognizing it as a human place for religion, with the vicious owl continuously pecking at her head. Frustration overcame her, and she let out a rather loud, girly scream. The owl wasn’t giving up, and she was running out of room to run. Finally, she tripped on something. She didn’t know what it was, probably a pew, but she went down face first. It gave her the chance to just curl up and protect her head and face from the angry bird, now exposing her back to it.

The bird continuously pecked at her back and attempted to claw at her fur and skin with what talons it did have. She wasn’t sure if she was bleeding, but it sure felt like it. And of course, out of all the places in the roof, one of the leaking spots was right above where her head was. There was a steady stream of cold rain water dripping onto her head from the high ceiling. She couldn’t move, though, because of the owl and the water smelled dirty. Matters couldn’t get worse than this.

THE WORST IS JUST AROUND THE BEND

<style>
.aw-template .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.aw-template p.outsidetext {color:#730422; letter-spacing:0px; text-transform: uppercase; font-size:12px; border-top:1px solid #000000; text-align:center; padding:0px 5px; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-indent:0px;}
.aw-template p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.aw-template b {color:#a82641; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.aw-template {background-color:#53524d; background-image:url(http://i40.tinypic.com/2wnthr8.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #000000; }
.aw-template .inner {margin:0px 5px 135px 5px; padding:15px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#000000;}
.aw-template p.wordcount {color:#272d28; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; border-top:1px solid #000000; text-align:center; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-indent:0px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Shadow was walking through the town that was near his pack. He was standing tall in his Optime form and he had his sword and his cloak and hood on. He always wore these things when he was venturing out to do his Epsilon duties of securing the boarders and he always checked the near by town to see if any wolves took shelter there. It was a good way to recruit other members for New Dawn and it was a good way to help. Shadow moved slowly and without a sound as he always did thanks to his assassin training. He stopped moving when he heard something off in the distance. He ran forward and stopped at the corner of a building as he looked around it and saw a individual take shelter in a building from the storm that was over head. He looked up just as the sky lit with fire and then the boom of the gods were heard right after as the gods had there war above the heads of the mortals below. He keeped his hood up as he made his way to the old building to ask if the person needed help with anything and as if fate wanted to answer for him, he heard the sound of flapping and of growls and what not from the stranger.

Shadow moved to the open doorway and saw a large owl attacking the stranger and without waiting for the word help he jumped into action. Shadow moved fast and place himself in between the wold and the owl and he opened his arms wide and roared at the winged creature and from what he looked like in his cloak, the owl must have thought him a huge winged demon because it backed off and flew up into the rafters and out a hole in the roof. Shadow looked up and watched it leave and slowly his arms dropped as he took a breath and then slowly he turned. Once facing the stranger he nodded lightly and then he brought his hands to the hood and removed it showing his mismatched eyes and dark as night fur.

He smiled and bowed his head again as he kept it down while he spoke, clear, calm and peacefully. I'm sorry for just jumping in...I'm one to help anyone who needs it without giving it a second thought. My name is Shadowfang of New Dawn but you can call me Shadow, everyone else does. Are you okay? That owl didn't hurt you to bad did it? Shadow was mostly hidden behind his cloak so his height was easily seen but his size and strength were still hidden behind his clothes almost as if a weapon were being hidden from sight.

<style>
.darkshadow .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.darkshadow p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.darkshadow b {color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.darkshadow {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... Wolf-3.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:350px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; border-top-right-radius:40px; border-top-left-radius:40px; margin:0px auto; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#A1A1A1; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:480px; text-align:justify; }
.darkshadow .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #bdbdbd; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 347 || Points → 3

She endured a few more minutes of the owl’s wrath, which felt like hours actually. She heard the door groan open, and figured it must be the owl’s owner. The pecking and clawing stopped, and then she heard a kind voice. She slowly looked up, still in defense-mode, to see a dark colored male before her, and no owl. She rose up out of her pitiful position, and turned to face whoever this was. She was embarrassed that someone actually had to come and save her, but at the same time she was grateful. ”Thank you… Shadow.”

It took her a few seconds to register his name, and she said it with a small delayed reaction. She envied the cloak her wore, as he was probably very dry underneath. Her fur was soaked, and she was a little cold with shivers taking control of her muscles every few seconds. She tried to stop it, trying to be modest and not show the stranger she was weak, and girly if anything else. She circled around Shadow, and went to sit on one of the dusty pews. The seat was dry, and it felt warm to her wet rump. ”What are you doing out in weather like this?” As she thought about his question, she paid attention to the stinging on her back. She reached back to touch it, but didn’t feel any blood, so she figured they had to be just scratches. She would have Caprica look at them when she was back.

”Oh, how rude of me! My name’s Rio- thanks for saving me.” As she said it, the owl came flapping back in, but it stayed on a high perch and picked at its feathers. Rio kept a close eye on it, but the owl didn’t seem to be interested in her anymore. ”Is that your owl?” She was a bit skeptical. It could’ve been his owl that he sent to attack her, and then it would give him a reason to talk to her. It was a pretty bad plan, but it worked so far.

<style>
.aw-template p.outsidetext {color:#730422; letter-spacing:0px; text-transform: uppercase; font-size:12px; border-top:1px solid #000000; text-align:center; padding:0px 5px; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-indent:0px;}
.aw-template {background-color:#53524d; background-image:url(http://i40.tinypic.com/2wnthr8.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #000000; }
.aw-template .inner {margin:0px 5px 135px 5px; padding:15px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#000000;}
.aw-template p.wordcount {color:#272d28; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; border-top:1px solid #000000; text-align:center; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-indent:0px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here! WC:328

Shadow looked to the female before him and he saw her shake and when she went and sat down he looked to her eyes and saw them for a second checking out his cloak. He waited tell she sat down and then he slowly took off his cloak and draped it over her and then he sat down next to her as he spoke gently.It's a pleasure to meet you Rio. To answer your questions, first the reason I am out here is because of you. I travel from my pack at times to this town to check it's building for anyone who needs help. I was doing my rounds and I saw you run in here.

He looked up and saw the owl and he snapped his teeth at it and it stayed away and then he smiled to Rio lightly as he continued. And two answer your other question, no that is not my owl. If it was I would expect that it would act with more honor and dignity and not go and randomly attack someone who needs help.Shadow looked back to her and smiled again as he looked to his cloak.You can keep the cloak Rio, I know I'm a stranger and I just met you but I am known for such kindness and I can always make or get myself another and don't worry about thanking me, it's what I do.

Shadow's tail swayed lightly behind him as he adjusted a strap that was holding the sword that was now the only thing on his back. The lose of his cloak didn't bother him because he use to travel with nothing and he would be in snow and rain. Besides this woman needed it more than he and perhaps one day he would get it back, but only if she wanted to give it back, he would never make her do anything for he was there to help after all.

<style>
.darkshadow {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... Wolf-3.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:350px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; border-top-right-radius:40px; border-top-left-radius:40px; margin:0px auto; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#A1A1A1; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:480px; text-align:justify; }
.darkshadow .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #bdbdbd; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 320 || Points → 3

As he put his cloak around her, she had no complaints. It was very warm and dry, and in a few seconds her shivering stopped. She was still wet, but at least now the rain won’t be able to get to her on her way back, if it would still be raining. She smiled at his kind words, ”How are you only out here for me?” She didn’t really believe him. She wasn’t his sole reason for coming out to the city, even if she was his reason for coming into this old human place for religion. There had to have been something else that drew him out here in the first place, and then she might’ve caught his eye after.

”That’s a little crazy…” she mumbled half in thought and half speaking to him. His second set of words reminded her of the owl, and she looked up at it. It still picked at its feathers and groomed itself. It was paying no mind to them. She snuggled up to the cloak. She was very grateful of Shadow to have given it to her, and a little weird that he didn’t want it back. She didn’t want to give it back at the moment, either. Maybe she would never give it back to him. She brought the hood up to cover her wet head. Now she was completely warm. It was a little oversized on her, but the more body heat, the better. She fastened the buttons, and sat quietly and comfortably for a few moments. ”Well, I guess that’s good that he’s not your owl then.” Just as she said it, the owl stopped cleaning and looked up at her. He didn’t move, but his attention was completely focused on Rio now. He stayed on the high perch, and hooted once. Rio kept an eye on it enough to know if it was going to go for round two.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here! WC: 431.

Shadow watched her movements and saw that she was looking up at the owl again. He looked up as well and saw that the owl had her in it's sites. You've either made a new best friend or a worse enemy.He looked form the Owl and back down to her and then he looked over his shoulder to the handle of his sword. He looked back to her eyes and asked calmly. You want me to take care of the owl for good? I can do that but I don't usually kill anything unless I have to, but if it eases your mind.He looked back to the roof of the building and then he adjusted himself to sit in a better angle.

Once Shadow was comfortable and his body was relaxed he looked to her and smiled as he saw what she looked like in his coat. It's a little big on you but it looks good on you anyway. I come by here and check for people that need help, since you needed help, I helped it's a simple as that. Oh and I was thinking, What brings you out here? What pack are you from? And don't worry if your pack is an enemy of something with mine, I have my own thoughts and beliefs so just because my pack may think one way doesn't mean I do. Shadow waited patiently for an answer but he would understand if she didn't want to tell him anything and he wouldn't force her too.

Shadow had always been there to help others. From birth he had been trained and bred to kill and hunt and be an assassin but his mothers words were always there. "Don't lose your innocence, Be loving and caring and there for others." Those words were what kept Shadow from being a demon. He knew that like a demon he could kill and not care about it but that didn't mean he wasn't cold. The only time his true demon ever came out was when he was a teen and training with his father. His father had pushed him hard and Shadow had snapped and almost killed his father even though Shadow was no where as strong. Shadow had forgotten pain and fear and only wanted his blood and he almost succeeded. It was his mother who yelled and told him to stop that saved both Shadow and his father. This day he was a different man, but that demon still lived within his heart and soul, and he preyed it would never get out.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 302 || Points → 3

Rio studied the owl. The look in his eyes told her that he meant her no more harm. To think of killing the bird with no valuable reason hurt her. She took her eyes off of the great bird and shook her head, ”No. That won’t be necessary.” She adjusted herself on the church pew to a more comfortable position. She didn’t sit as straight, and she moved over from the wetness she created from before. The cloak now fell over her rump, covering that too, so when she sat next she wouldn’t soak the chair again.

After she got comfortable again, she answered him, ”I’m out here because I was exploring the area, and when I was heading back home, to Anathema, the rain hit hard. So, I came through the city hoping to find suitable shelter from the storm until it cleared. Rain doesn’t bother me, but lightning and thunder doesn’t make traveling too safe either.” She didn’t like being soaked to the core, and realistically thunder scared her. Lightning frightened her more, though, with its electric static crackling through the night and hitting random objects around her. What if it hit her one day? A loud clap of thunder echoed through the church, and Rio shivered and cuddled up to the cloak.

The storm raged on outside, and as she spoke about it she began to notice how bad it was again. She wanted to stay in the dry church until the rain stopped, but she wasn’t sure when it would or if it would tonight. The owl continued to clean his feathers near the opening in the ceiling, but flew to another beam where the ceiling was drier. The bird just sat there looking at the two Luperci, and hooted once. Rio looked up at ShadowFang and smirked, ”Thanks.”

<style>
</style>[/html]