A Day in the Life of Simplicity
[html]
Words - 200+

Things were begging to fall into a familiar rhythm. Jaden spent most of this time around the Exultare den guarding it, marking the land around them, playing with the pups, training on occasion, and crafting a new bow. It was enough to keep him occupied. There was so much to think about too. The woman who he’d willingly given his time and full attention to had given a heavy proposal. He wasn’t even sure where they would start such an undertaking. His mind wandered to it often.

His thoughts were found in this foreign territory again as he set off to patrol their small territory. It will be interesting to be a leader again. The act was never something he would attempt to do by himself. Why would he? The last pack he was supposed to lead very nearly killed him. No, without X’yrin’s influence, without her presence to give him strength and resolve, he had no reason and no wish to lead. The woman held a special place within his heart and he didn’t know if he could stand to leave her again.

It is also why he worried for her. She had lost a lot in the recent months and he didn’t know if he alone was enough of a find to make her happy again. She seemed like she hid her emotions from him and the pups so he couldn’t rightfully tell exactly how badly she hurt. He continued to think about her as he walked slowly along the small stretch of claimed land.

Jaden does. Jaden speaks. Jaden thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.jadenzz b {font-weight:bold; color:#3f6934; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #11290b; }
.jadenzz p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.jadenzz {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#395437; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/23jq45d.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 280px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#516d4a; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.jadenzz p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.jadenzz p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... forget.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

There were not triumphant howls for the victorious, nor a carpet of fine furs to grace the travel worn paws of the refined hunter. But there was the soft whisper of the wind and the gentle kiss of the soft grasses as she crossed onto familiar lands. This was a welcome appreciated by the Nomad on return from her hunt, rather than the extravagant welcomes the Evan'ules of the Nomads were known to receive. She hadn't understood then why such measures were taken, to pride the hunters, she imagined but still found the displays showy and unnecessary. It was enough to see the faces of her family and their smiles for her return, better that than endure the pomp for a mandatory part of life.

Though she had yet to see anyone on her return to the Valley, her face was still adorned in a smile. Her anticipation was on high and her spirits were just as peaked, carrying the fruits of her labors upon her shoulders and trailing behind her on a make-shift pull. The scent of meat had been a divine temptation along her journey but for the most part had remained untouched, saving the succulent interior for the family awaiting a hearty meal. Her muscles ached from the pull of the carcass and her shoulders slumped from the heavy weight of its hide, but still she pressed on wearing nothing but the look of satisfaction upon her face. Although she could not escape the reality that when she least expected it, the pain and strain she was meant to feel would come soon enough, rendering her useless for at least a day. But she was fine with that and truthfully looked forward to a day of rest.

But first... Family.

Though she was quite surprised not to see anyone as she tread the well travelled ground into the Wentworth. At the very least she had anticipated the pups, the smell of meat taking them from their hiding places ready to bombard her at a moment's notice. And in thinking of them, she thought of her dear friend as well. Surely her absence would have warranted his attention... or at the very least his worry. While it would have made sense to announce herself, she felt her throat grow tight with worry, making it useless when it was needed . He hadn't left... had he? The elated smile upon her lips quickly gave way to concern as that silent fear set in and dampened her mood. Her triumphant march slowed to a timid crawl, jerking the meat along as she felt her strength dwindling away til fear stilled her steps entirely.

443 words.

[/html]
[html]
WotD Points +1, Obtest Words - 500+

Jaden’s worry only intensified with his friend’s lengthy departure. She had told him that she was leaving to hunt and scout new places, possible places for their new home. But she had been gone days now. She wouldn’t leave on her own accord, this he knew with a burning conviction in his belly, but what would keep her days on such a simple trip? Perhaps she had let the events of recent get to her again. Wandering about without regard for herself, she could have come upon another predator. This one would be lucky enough to deal with the female alone. It would be free to tear at her fine coat, mar it with more red then he had seen on her before. What if… The thought was absolutely sickening and pulled a small, painful whine from him. His hackles prickled and he shook the potent image away.

The grass held a comforting reassurance. The Alaskan wandered over a still fresh print ladled with the woman’s scent. There was no way he had missed her by much. His tail lashed excitedly upon finding this clue and he glanced in the direction they led. She was headed toward the valley. Without another thought he was off, running at a speed that strained his injured limbs. A gentle breeze pressed into him with her scent and that of promised meat saturated on it. It seemed he couldn’t run fast enough with her so close.

The air on his body stuck a feeling of familiarity in him. How many times had he run with her here? How many times had they sparred and hunted on these lands. He fondly recalled their first test of each other. On their second meeting when he had gotten a surprise greeting on his daily patrol. A entertaining thought crossed his mind and was enough to stop his bipedal charge just as his friend came into view. A devious grin split his lips. The wind was on his side. He was still hidden by the forest too while she had just crossed into the valley itself. A perfect set up, so long as he could stay silent on his approach. He knew his friend wouldn't Obtest to a friendly, surprise greeting.

He picked up the speed he’d given up once again but his steps were no longer filled with untamed joy. He replaced that with the soft silence of a hunter that he so easily wore. It took him moments to clear the distance. The time was used to pick a striking point and admire the fine and missed form of his dear friend. A last second growl rumbled from him as a warning before he leapt clean over the woman’s dragged prize and tackled her. The power in him was concentrated not just on impact, but on the fall that came after. He’d do his best to keep her from too much damage, letting her fall on his damaged body if need be, before rolling from her and standing playfully but triumphantly. You took your sweet time with that hunt, my friend.

<style type="text/css">
.jadenzz b {font-weight:bold; color:#3f6934; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #11290b; }
.jadenzz {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#395437; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/23jq45d.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 280px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#516d4a; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... forget.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

It was unlike her to fear the worst when there were better feelings to revel in. As often as they talked of bringing this family to another home and instigated the plans to be set in motion, she should have thought better than of him leaving without a word… abandoning her as her mate had. He said he would stay with her and show her the beauty that this land had to offer again. She trusted in him to help her see this through. But still… she could not shake the distressing feeling that those promises were all for naught. Perhaps she shouldn’t have left…

Sighing softly, she shrugged the hide from her shoulders and set it beside the meat. A hand came to touch her newly grazed shoulder in an absent thought, testing the tenderness of the wound but found it disturbingly numb. Her fault for applying to much weight to it without letting her wound rest. No doubt there was cleaning to be done to it. Though troubled, she managed to garner back a bit of optimism as to the reason of her absent family. Perhaps Jaden was busy… and the pups with him. No doubt Chara was tending to her sister insuring her happiness until they were all called together again to feast. Yes… this was better to ponder on rather than the dark thoughts that her negligence had again left her alone. Yes, a small smile curled the corner of her maw. This was more pleasant to think about.

Finally allowing herself to stretch, she pulled her arms above her head to coaxed her shoulder into feeling something. An itch, a prick as the muscles were pulled, something to wake the dormant wound to the pain it was supposed to feel. But when her meager stretch brought little to no result, something more drastic did.

She should have known better than to let her guard down, but what reason was there to make herself alert when coming to her own home? The attack was swift, not accompanied by tooth or claw but a whole form crashing into hers. She yelped indignantly as she was taken clear off her feet and onto the ground in a tangled mess of rolling limbs. What registered was first the pain as her shoulder connected the ground, then of the familiar scent the graced her nose and caused her heart to quicken its pace. Had her tail not been crushed beneath her it would have wagged excitedly at this comical but none the less desired greeting.

“That wasn’t fair!” she growled but with a smile playing on her weathered lips. All accumulated fears she had had disappeared the instant she was able to see him clearly. She combed the wild strands of red from her eyes as she pushed herself off the ground to stand covered in the debris of crushed grasses and twigs from their roll. “I had only just returned… and at least my hunt was successful.” Proudly, she motioned to the skinned carcass and its hide, wincing slightly as her wounded arm began to ‘feel’ again. “You must have missed me if you would greet me like this…as I recall, it was I take surprised you at one point,” the corner of her maw curled in a knowing smile. “But you reacted rather violently. Does nostalgia urge you to have a repeat performance?”

565 words.

[/html]
[html]
Words - 200+

Perhaps tackling the woman he was so happy to see wasn’t the best idea given both of their damaged frames. He felt it on impact with her, a searing pain where his ribs were still cracked and healing. His other scratches were healed enough that they gave little protest. They ached with all his movements and had become something of an expected discomfort. A yelp signified that she too was still feeling the tare in her shoulder. But she would live. He knew the female was tuff and didn’t feel too much guilt for the discomfort caused. It was nice to have her close once again.

When the two stood and faced each other, Jaden didn’t give up his guise of a hunter. His tail swayed high and his stance stayed wide. Challenge was written all over his obsidian body. A kill to be proud of indeed, he said with the devious grin still about his features, Of course I missed you. I was begging to worry that maybe you had decided to tackle another cougar all by yourself. Referring to the beast that had left them both so scarred was done lightly for it now was just a trophy in their den. The Alaskan straightened up a little when asked of his violent intentions. I have no wish to defeat a wounded warrior.He lied, We both know how that would inevitably turnout, the challenge was evident for the first time in his voice. He cast his eyes to the side with a sigh in a manner of over acted superiority before those blues returned to regard her with a playful grin.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc:

Sizing prey of a different kind, her gaze did not miss the purposefully calculated sway of his tail. The posture of a beast lying in wait, anticipating the move of a yet to be claimed assailant. X'yrin felt a different kind of smile work its way to her muzzle, peeling back her lips subtly to flash only a hint of bloodstained teeth before her expression seamlessly morphed into a facade of calm.

Two could certainly play this game...

"Defeat?" she growled softly, with tail raising high and swaying in taunting sweeps. "You may have bested me the last time... but that was only because I was not used to this form." Feeling her towering form had hunched gradually, she returned her stature to its fullest height, raising her head in a proud display. "I assure you I would not make such an amateur mistake again. Actually..." she brought the tip of her claw to her nose in thought. Her eyes never leaving the tantalizing taunt of his tail. "As you are now... I would be more worried in defeating you. I have no intention of crippling you further." She accepted his challenge and rose to the occasion treading just as playful along this line of banter leading into the inevitable predators' game.

000 words.

[/html]
[html]
Words - 200+

The predator’s game. He could see the acceptance of it in her. The dominance of her tail lashing readily sped his pulse. The warm blood carried energy through his limbs and faded the pain still in his chest. He admired her full height when realizing for the first time in a long while that she stood a bit taller than he in this form. Just more of her to take down. He moved oppositely in response, bringing his body into a stance ready for an attack and rolling his shoulders unconsciously. She was confidant in her power and it egged him on. He wanted to see it. In the back of his mind, he truly hoped she wouldn’t make a mistake and let him win so easily. Where would the fun be in that?

His grin stayed a constant with every show of her body. Her words only entertained him further as she took a position in this game. Cripple me? He questioned with exaggerated shock, brave words for a female with only one embarrassing loss to defend them. The words would have been potent goading to an enemy. They held less power in this position of tease but they were purposefully encouraging. Just as the first time they had crossed skill, he wanted her to attack first. Both of them had the highest skill in defending from other’s attacks. Whoever threw the first strike would be at a disadvantage. Jaden was proud of his skill and somewhat confidant, but he wasn’t going to hand her the upper hand so easily.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc:

Dancing on the razor's edge, but only one would remain on standing on the blade, and the one that fell would be ready for the other's taking. Too many times had she found herself in this situation among the Exultare, awaiting the first strike that inevitable led to a spar. Provoking the other into making the first move than attempting the upper hand herself. She was raised to defend, to be the suppressor... but it could not be denied the certain allure that came from playing the part of the aggressor. She smiled shamefully at the thought, feeling herself teeter off the razor line...

And with that final taunt, the recount of her defeat to him what felt like long ago, she slipped and embraced her aggressive role with a satisfied smile and lunged for his grinning face.

000 words.

[/html]
[html]
Words - 200+

The attack came as he hopped it would. The aggression on her was tantalizing. He was so used to his calm, composed, reserved friend that this side of her was something he truly took pleasure in seeing. There was something alluring about the battle, something absolutely… attractive about seeing the power she had in that beautiful body. It was a nostalgic feeling and something he had truly missed on his lonesome adventures away from home.

He met her lung with a false forward step, as if he would meet her strength with his. It was something he hoped would confuse the woman long enough to land his next maneuver, for she knew that it went against sense to fight fire with fire. He then dropped and grabbed for one of the woman’s long legs. If it worked the way he wanted, she would be forced to trip over his body and sprawl out, less defended for his own counter attack. What Jaden didn’t take into account in his rush into this dangerous dance was his own wounded midsection. If she tripped over him, her shins would connect with those damaged ribs. His plans for a counter strike would be unskillfully implemented as he tried to recover from the new pain in his body and leap onto the unbalanced frame of his sparring partner.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc:

She had fallen for his ploy but harbored no regrets for where it led. Her subconscious enjoyment towards sparring so carefully hidden by a calm facade had broken free with an unbridled savagery, she wore the smile proudly on her face, brandishing formidable fangs with every intent to sink into the flesh lavished in pristine obsidian fur.

But with such naked savagery came a mind driven by instinct, void of any sentient thought other than to obtain and much desired prize. Her mind anticipated a retreat from the predator's advance rather than a move toward her. For a moment she was at a loss and forced herself to assess what had happened, mistakenly giving an advantageous moment to her partner in this dangerous dance.

Despite their time apart, it was obvious his skill had not tarnished with time, but was as refined as she remembered... if not a bit slower. As he grabbed for her leg to set her off balance, her arm shot out to snatch for his throat. If she was to go down, then she would gladly take him with her. And with such a desire to come out the contender in this bout, she would not let go so easily it caught.

000 words.

[/html]
[html]
Words - 200+

There was blood in her eyes. He knew it from experience. In that moment of their first grapple, she had meant to sink those long, sharp teeth into him. How deliciously dangerous she looked. There was a pang of threat that came with such a predator’s display which drove a similar display from him, an instinctual challenge that he had no power to check in his moments of freedom.

These moments of freedom came to a quick end in the grasp of the towering, beautiful warrior. Her grip wasn’t gentle and he had no expectations for it to be, but he didn’t fear for his life like he would if anyone else had their claws so close to the warm veins therein. There was a moment of shock when the woman so easily stopped both of their movements. A quick recovery lead to a sharp elbow jab into the easily cramping thigh muscles still so close. He then twisted his whole body in an attempt to wrench the woman’s arm and tried to grab hold of it. In his grip, he would stand and force her back to him with the simple pain of a joint lock. Should this fail to the woman’s skill in some way, he would settle for falling back and trying to use his weight to pull her down and toss her back over him. From there he would give her little room to breathe with a quick leap to take advantage of her.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc:

Exhilaration flowed from one body to the other feeding into the growing ferocity of this skillful dance. Even as her claws clasped his throat and her jaws split with a victorious smile, the harnessed energy further fueled the procession of this age old ballad, increasing the tempo by the quickening pulse within her tightening grasp.

A sharp shot to the thigh, and the flow of energy had been reserved, coming not from the she-wolf but from the obsidian male as the more dominating energy fed their dance from henceforth. That slack in her grasp was all he needed to steal away from her hold to counter with one of his own. Pain shot through her wounded shoulder as her arm was wrenched forcefully behind, surely tearing apart the poorly healing wound and ushering down precious droplets of blood along her golden limb.

There was no voice of pain despite the insufferable throb of her wounded limb... but a surging growl of a secret pleasure as the energy pushed her mind toward a certain madness. She would not be forced into submission, not when this dance had only just begun. Her tail lashed wildly in anger at the very thought as a premature ending to a potentially invigorating exchange. Though ensnared and pain, her instinct demanded that she resist and utilized that skill harnessed through seasons of rigorous training. Ignoring the swelling pain, she moved, sliding back her leg to catch her captor in the shin while forcing her free arm around in an attempt to catch her claws into his side to encourage her release...

000 words.

[/html]
[html]
Words - 300+

Their dance took a turn in his favor. The males body was alive with a fiery energy that intensified every feeling, defined every sound, and strengthened every movement. This clarity both slowed and sped the course of regularly running time. Things seemed to move slower, offering a chance for analysis that would regularly be lost in the allotted moments, but also passed by so quickly as his over stimulated mind skipped from one thing to the next. It was incredibly invigorating

When he twisted the woman’s wounded arm, she unwillingly gave into the movement. He rose behind her with a satisfying few seconds of control. He used those moments to pull her close and growl softly and triumphantly in her ear. But those same feelings of satisfaction and triumph slacken when the smell of blood bitterly poked into his nose. His eyes darted down to the wounded shoulder of his companion and gawked at the crimson droplets and newly opened wound. He hadn’t wanted to draw blood. Bruises and soreness was one thing… but blood?

His worried mind was confused and distracted by the reaction this pulled from his partner. Her voice rumbled with not pain, but a dark pleasure. The sound quickened his heart even more, calling to instincts that shouldn’t have been present during their spar. The woman struck his shin before he could think on it and forced his body into hers. This all was more than enough to leave her the room she needed to rake his side and pull free. He shoved her away with a shallow growl at the surprising new pain and felt to where his skin was broken. He drew the hand back into view and could see the barely visible dark crimson on his fingertips. They both had bled now and the sight of it freed the control he’d had before. A new grin split his muzzle, one that mirrored the beast of his companions at the start of their brawl. Now he would be the aggressor. He wanted it. He needed to dominate her now. With a fearsome snarl, he pounced at the autumn warrior with the intentions of forcing her to the ground and sinking his fangs into her.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc:

Freedom was not awarded without its price and in this instance, it was with another's blood that she was released. Her claws met their mark with a bitter satisfaction and she sprang from the slackened grasp applying distance between herself and her partner.

Despite her bi-pedal form, she had digressed to all fours with tail anchored high in taunt and claws grasping at the earth. She could smell his blood upon her claws and lingering in the air between them, bringing her maw to salivate in carnal pleasure. Her mind further degraded from the civilized sanity the Luperci tended to pride themselves in, and embarked on the darkened path she had times before been warned never to take; that tempting path that enjoyed the exchange... and took great pleasure in the physical implications. Yet there was no Shepard here to stop her... only submission would call an end.

And she would have him submit.

Yet the smile on his face spoke of him wanting the same of her. There was no promise of an outcome in this dance... but he was certainly welcome to try and have his way. Her hackles raised and body shook with chill of his snarl, thrashing her tail wildly as excitement coursed through her heated form. She watched him carefully, waiting for the ripple of muscle beneath his dark fur to show his movement, but was not at all surprised to see him charge straight for her. They had gone beyond dexterous moves and carefully calculated counters. What had become of them was a digression to the most natural state driven by pure, unbridled instinct... just how she liked it. She did not make to dodge, but charged into him instead intending to meet him in a winding crashing of equally solid and wounded forms. Her only show of thought was the arm extended to again grab his throat and her dripping teeth splayed wide and ready to tear into his shoulder.

327 words.

[/html]
[html]
Words - 200+

The civility that Jaden usually fought with was slipping away. His calculating mind was falling prey to a deadly inner beast that demanded the satisfaction of victory. He was no stranger to this inner darkness, this monster he had cadged in him. It was his escape during his earlier years while committing horrid crimes that his budding morality sickened at. It was the commander of his blood lust, the ruler of his anger. It was dangerous. But he hadn’t lost himself to it yet. It would never rule him enough to permanently damage his beloved friend. But it now tossed his regard for simple wounds of the flesh aside. It wanted to taste her blood, feel her submit.

She wore a beast of her own and he could see that it too would not be dominated easily. He swept her grasping claw aside and tried to wedge his forearm under her jaw to escape the snapping jaws. The impact of the two wounded bodies was jarring. The healing crack in his ribs flexed then, undoing what had healed over time. The pain was enough for him to recoil and cause the woman to win their charge, forcing him to the ground. Her frame pressed into him and he continued his attempts to hold of those hungry jaws. He tried to roll her over and shift her position of dominance. The beast wouldn’t have it even while still cringing from the intense pain. He squirmed and dug his claws into her arm, trying to discourage any groping for his throat or body.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc:

She could not reach him. So close and yet his throat seemed so far. She needed to have it and claimed her dominance over him. Only then would this savagery be brought to a satisfying end and she could call the male defeated. Her mind registered only his fallen form rather than the wounds that caused it, and taking her advantage she encompassed his lower half between the crushing vice of her thighs, tightening her hold while pressing her weight into him.

Yet even as she sank harder onto him, literally forcing her whole down to reach him, the guard he had raised restraining her from his throat kept her just out of reach of her prize. And she could feel him moving beneath her, fighting against the inevitable with commendable defiance that in more than one instance nearly toppled her over. But she was resilient in her hold, and like a victorious beast baring down upon would-be prey, her wild eyes bore into the crazed blues beneath her, shrouding his snarling face in tresses of red with each futile bite she made for his neck. Encompassed by the private auburn veil, eyes interlocked with the reflection of the same degraded nature, a strange sense of calm gradually worked its way into her eyes. Badly, she wanted his submission, to be named victor of their bout and revel in that pride as a warrior should… yet a creeping thought had long since closed her frantically snapping maw though the snarl still lingered. If she could not take his throat, then she could at the very least state her rightful claim as it was too obvious in her eyes to ignore. With what sanity she could muster, she allowed a satisfied smirk to come to her lips, and ever so softly she uttered;

“I win.”

303 words.

[/html]
[html]
Words - 300+

The battle was so quickly ending. The beast in him was angered by it and utterly enraged that she could sit atop him and stay there so easily. It wanted to keep fighting the unwinnable battle. It refused to submit to a woman whom the other had dominated so easily before. Even with her weight upsetting the wounds on his body, it refused to relent. But the battle beast began to fade. Jaden knew well enough when he was beat and could see the strength in her form and could feel her thighs securing him into position. He would go nowhere unless she warranted it. He could hold her jaws off for so long and that was it. He was beaten.

He wasn’t quick to realize this. Her fragrant mane hung down in his eyes and he snapped at it uselessly while she slowed in her attempts to overtake him. He continued to squirm for freedom under her until the words finally paralyzed him. He lay there under her panting and trying to find a way to deny her this dominance. His submission was absolutely unacceptable. When he looked to her angrily the other’s amber eyes held something far different from what he expected to see and somehow eerily similar. The power in them finally banished the beast’s will to fight and warmed his whole body in a new way. He tried once more to find a way to dodge out from under her but realized the attempt was no longer whole hearted. The desire to get away from her was gone now, replaced by a much fiercer will to get so much closer.

You cheated.These words were the last bit of defiant fight in him. His heart began to pick back up its lost speed and his eyes melted into a cool blue desire, defeated but willing to accept the terms she perused to avoid taking his blood or word of submission.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc:

In the course of their bout one could believe that time had come to a halt, preserving the hostile moment for them and them alone. But gradually the adrenaline began to seep away, the harnessed energy having reached a premature critical point was made to ebb away by the strangely unfulfilling end. The warrior female had achieved what she wanted… yet felt robbed by the end in the same instance.

The end had come with words instead of fangs and had left a bitter taste on her tongue. It was an intrusion of the civilized mind onto the primal’s territory and it was not happy at losing its opportunity to stake its claim. But it was too late to reclaim it as sanity filtered back into her eyes, dulling the radiant amber to soft subdued hues. Despite the futile struggles between her thighs, she lessened her hold over her subdued companion trusting him to honor to her claim and end their scuffle with dignity. “I did not cheat,” her voice trembled amidst her soft tone as she acknowledged for the first time the rampant beating of her heart. And the pain in her chest could not be ignored, brought on by each deep inhale of his scent til shallow breaths became the only means to fill her lungs. She was not yet ready for this pain, the pain of exerted muscles, of her now gaping wound pulled apart by her careless actions. But the numbing remedy of adrenaline was fading…

“We follow the path of the warrior,” quietly she continued while releasing him from his painful vice, but did not yet move from on top of him. With tender fingers, she took the arm still braced beneath her jaw and gently encouraged to descent to the grass. “It is instilled in us to do what we must to bring another to submission…” Her gaze wandered from his for just a moment, trailing the contour of his jaw to his neck, vulnerable and still very much unclaimed. “But only when we have to.”

342 words.

[/html]
[html]
Words - 300+

The victorious warrior on top of him was still inescapable even after she loosened her grip and he stopped fighting. Her eyes held his relentlessly and the warmth pressed to his body drew hot breaths from within him. He watched helplessly as the chance at some sort of pleasure from this defeat ebbed away. The uncontrolled desire in the warrior’s eyes relented to bring only the gaze of his trusted friend. She spoke and his body finally relaxed. There was nothing for him but admitting defeat now.

The Obsidian wolf came to regret his words as she spoke. They made him sound like a stubborn pup under a power he had no ability to challenge. When she reached up and pulled at his arm lightly it fell to the grass without contest. The air was heavy with her scent and the truth behind her words. If he’d had the chance to take advantage of her weakness, he would have. Why, even in his battle confused mind, he had expected anything else was a mystery. I know this… He sighed heavily with defeat. His jaw fell to the side and exposed his neck fully for her, a symbol of his submission as he let go of the last of his lingering pride and confronted this loss. When his eyes found hers again they were warm. He smiled at her weakly before pushing up and giving her muzzle an affectionate lick, I am defeated, He reached up and brushed away a bit of her troublesome hair to give him a better view of her eyes. His claw trailed down her check and rested on her jaw for a moment before again taking its place in the grass. This fault is mine for underestimating you, my friend. They were even now, win for win and loss for loss. This was enough to bring genuine happiness to his smile for it meant that they would have to take part in this dance once more. They were doomed to at least one more dangerous encounter, one more chance to be so close.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc:

The tantalizing black was his throat beckoned for her to take it. Willingly offered, coupled with a spoken admittance to his defeated status… how could she deprive herself that simple, meaningful pleasure? The heat of the battle was nearly gone, yet still she was alight internally by a smolder; the small flame of desire roused by her unsatisfied instinct, begging that she take the offered gift of his unconditional submission and truly be appeased.

Caressing her muzzle from where his tongue left its kiss, she lowered her muzzle to her prize. His alluring musk teased her delicate sense as she nosed along the contour of seamless black. Her tail swayed contently as a pleasant whine escaped her parted maw as she fondly licked beneath his jaw. She could have taken his throat then as it resided just beneath her nose, ready and willing to be taken. But there was no struggle that demanded a vicious hold, but rather an offering that deserved a more gracious show than relentless fangs. In place of those formidable weapons that for a moment before sought his blood, her tongue was instead used to state her claim. Slowly, purposefully, she parted through the thick curls of black to the tender flesh beneath, deeply engraving her scent… her claim, until she was satisfied.

Then the veil that shrouded his face was lifted as she wholly withdrew both body and claim and sat contently beside him on folded knees. As she wet her maw, again remarking the place of his lick, she stared at him from behind the curtain of wild autumn bangs. She was not anxious nor anticipating some unknown feat to follow, but was oddly content adorned with such a smile basking under the afternoon light. What was there to say other than what had been spoken? True that he had underestimated her, there was no need to confirm it. Surely he would know better than to make the mistake again. But it mattered little to her in that moment. All else could fade away and still she would be found in this contented state, staring fondly, patiently at her friend… tail swaying with ease… as all was right in the world.

367 words.

[/html]