[DND] Lost at the hands of Fate
[html]
Stumble upon!, backdated to when the caravan came to AW

The past day had Strel thinking about his place in life. His first and only mate was long gone and the Dauphin could hardly believe he had passed his fifth birthday already. His ties to Noss' family were severed when the man left the Kingdom and he could feel his ties to any family disappearing faster than he liked. Usually secluded, he did still long for the love of family, even though children were not for him. He knew the caravan was coming to the Tribe, and his memories of the place were both good and bad. It would be a good to visit the place. Following the heels of the caravan, Strel kept his pace slow and deliberate. He was not going for trade and was not part of the caravan.

The walk gave him time to think. Noss' family was sure to be gone. He had not heard of Ralla, nor of her children since the war had ended. Ayasha had been the last to visit him and that had ended on a strange note. The young woman probably left for her mate. With no Ralla there, it meant freedom and anarchy would descend upon her children, if they were still there. Ayasah was grown and away, probably. But what about the others? Aleu and Alaster? Did they follow their mother? Did they miss their brother, who had died? Ahiga was the one who had disobeyed him the most, but he was also the one who had paid him the most attention.

Sad and morose, the Dauphin wondered if his venture was a wise one. None of the Nishants were left, just as Noss was no longer around. Where did his family go? Strel slowly found himself at the borders, and he did not know what to do. He was half torn between returning to the Court and his duties, or staying around and greeting the woman in charge of the Tribe. Heading south along the border, the second-in-command of the Court found himself unsure. The scent of Aniwaya was thick here, but he was along the borders, where the scent markers lay. Nearby, a scent came strong, as though close.

Brows furrowed, the redheaded man straightened his vest as he looked for the source of the scent. If he could get some information, he could leave with something and not be forced to interact further. The figure he caught in his sight was a pale one, with darkness on the surface. Something was familiar, but something was not. The wolf was silently playing with something. As the redheaded came closer, he kept himself tall and proud. "Greetings," he said loudly, keeping himself at a slight distance.

<style>
.starsky .ooc {font-style:italic;text-align:center; padding:60px 20px 5px 20px;color:#786762; }
.starsky p {padding:3px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:20px;}
.starsky b {color:#786762; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#3a1504 0em .1em 0em; }
.starsky .line1 {width:150px; border-bottom:1px solid #4e4e4e; margin:0 auto 3px auto; padding:5px 0px 0px 0px;}
.starsky {background-color:#000000; background-image: url(http://i.imgur.com/XPcjE.png), url(http://i.imgur.com/Souo1.jpg); background-position:bottom center, top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4e4e4e; font-family: tahoma, serif; font-size:13px; color:#4e4e4e; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.starsky-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.starsky .inner {margin:0px 15px 70px 15px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/mfqyi.png); border:1px solid #4e4e4e; border-radius:10px;-moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Even though we're damaged goods, I would love you if I could
But you are so unalarmed, by my unfortunate charm

Word Count → 384 :: Sorry for wait and general sucky-ness of this post. Shall be faster/better with my next one <3

Choosing his small shack along the borders had initially seemed like a good idea; for typically, in the lads honest opinion, few ever bothered to venture down so far south to visit the tribe and so it worked in his favour to live along the border where he could see the world outside of his pack and anyone who's travels led them within viewing distance. Sounds logic his idea had been, only until he realised the small detail he had overlooked... that if he could see those approaching, the strangers heading towards his home pack could often make out the general outline of his small cabin and him, for the thin trees that surrounded his home provided him with little to no camouflage.

Having awoken early, the lad had set of to the stables and attended to Buck as he did everyday; making sure that the stallions stool was clean and that the buskin thoroughbred at least looked cleaner then he did when the lad had arrived; quickly the moon streaked hunter had learnt it was impossible to keep Buck spotless clean, for the stallion was filthy by nature. Upon his way back from the stables he'd heard that some trading caravan was coming to or was already at the pack and made a mental note to stop by, heading promptly back home to finish skinning the rabbits that he'd snagged the other day and gather what little goods he could spare so that he had something of worth to trade with those who had come to the pack.

As such, he was busy rummaging around his living space, picking up pots of dye, collected plants, berries and dried foliage, piling it up along with nicely wrapped up meat and skins. Sure his belongings weren't anything rare or exotic, but they were things many others needed regularly and he hoped someone present with the trading group would be interested. Dumping the last of his free skins on the pile, he turned as the sounds of a strangers approach burst the bubble he had created around himself, forest filled eyes silently staring at the strangely familiar male as he spoke. “Yo” he muttered back, dipping his head slightly in greeting. “Can I do something for you?” he asked, curious as to what the male wanted.

And now I'm screaming bloody murder, as my tempature begins to drop

And my life is going numb, as my hearts about to stop

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Overlock+SC);
.Alakitxt1 {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align:left; margin:0px 25px; width:92%;}
.Alakitxt1 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.Alakitxt1 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.Alakitxt1 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.Alakitxt1 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.Alakitxt1 b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.Alakitxt1 .name {text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:65px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; line-height:55px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Alakitxt1 .lyrics {color:#2b2e34; text-align:center; font-family:Overlock SC; font-size:20px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:18px; letter-spacing:0px; text-shadow:#757677 1px 1px 1px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
sorry for my lateness Kitty :c

The Dauphin shrugged at the other male's casual greeting, wondering if his had been too formal. He was certainly falling out with the younger canines as he started to approach an older age of his own. No, five was hardly old. He was simply seasoned better. Strel gave the other man a slight smile, nodding his head slightly to the question. "Perhaps, I'm only looking for a bit of information." It sounded shady, the way he said it and the way he traipsed around the pack's borders. He almost seemed like some hoodlum with ill intent.

The pile of furs that the man had been building up seemed have preoccupied the AniWayan. Had Strel come at a bad time or stumbled upon a busy man? Gesturing behind him, the redhead introduced himself, "I am Strelein, Dauphin of Cour des Miracles." Perhaps a little extravagant of an introduction, Strel felt it was fairly mild for what he could have been pulling out of his hat. "I used to have a good friend here in AniWaya, before..," he paused and looked uncertainly into the interior of the tribe's lands. He had not been sure as to the relationship between all the packs. But with Crimson Dreams gone, the Courtiers were the only link left from the chain of that war. The scar was probably still fresh and he did not know what effect the conflict had had on the man before him.

Letting his sweeping arms settle at his side, the man shoved them delicately into his pocket. His heart fluttered with the questions he had not asked. "I have not checked in as well as I should have. How is the Tribe doing?" he asked, wondering if Ralla and her family were truly gone. Would this young male tell him what he had dreaded and hoped for? With no connection left to Noss, maybe he could forget him. Or at least move on.

<style>
.starsky .ooc {font-style:italic;text-align:center; padding:60px 20px 5px 20px;color:#786762; }
.starsky b {color:#786762; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#3a1504 0em .1em 0em; }
.starsky .line1 {width:150px; border-bottom:1px solid #4e4e4e; margin:0 auto 3px auto; padding:5px 0px 0px 0px;}
.starsky {background-color:#000000; background-image: url(http://i.imgur.com/XPcjE.png), url(http://i.imgur.com/Souo1.jpg); background-position:bottom center, top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4e4e4e; font-family: tahoma, serif; font-size:13px; color:#4e4e4e; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.starsky .inner {margin:0px 15px 70px 15px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/mfqyi.png); border:1px solid #4e4e4e; border-radius:10px;-moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 319 ::Not happy with this post, but better then no post ^^; and sorry about wait <3

White-grey ears perked up with interest at the mention of information, curious as to what exactly anyone would want to know about his home pack; both in regards to it's member and the pack itself. In the lads opinion everyone knew enough about the pack to some level if they had lived within these lands for awhile; it seemed that almost each individual knew of the presents packs and about them, leaving little of interest to inquire about, even he who stayed mainly at home was at least aware of most packs names and general beliefs. The war hadn't been one of the most subtle of things, leaving few secrets and mysteries about the packs of the south. Aniwaya was nothing more then a peaceful tribe with lots of animals, little of interest happening within the packs borders and so it left to question what did this male want?

Straightening out he turned to face the male, listening intently to the other as he went about introducing himself, the pale male flinching slightly and freezing inside as the name rung a bell, a memory he did not want to remember, a name he did not want to hear. Although much of the war was vague to the lad aside from the strong impression of abandonment and distrust he had gained from the events, this name was not unknown to him; this man was whom his mother had entrusted him to, whom she had abandoned him with when it suited her. Forcing himself to breath and act relaxed he prayed that his poor acting skills would be good enough to fool the male before him, heart racing within his chest he was sure that it's heavy beating would give him away.

“The tribe is doing well. Same as it always is I suppose” he responded back, voice quieter and more hesitant then he would of liked it to come across.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.Alakitxt1 {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align:left; margin:0px 25px; width:92%;}
.Alakitxt1 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.Alakitxt1 .name {text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:65px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; line-height:55px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Alakitxt1 .lyrics {color:#2b2e34; text-align:center; font-family:Overlock SC; font-size:20px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:18px; letter-spacing:0px; text-shadow:#757677 1px 1px 1px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
-
wee post day

Strel saw the flinch, and he knew that the presence of one of the Court's leaders was not that welcome in the Tribe, even though his intentions were innocent enough. He almost recoiled himself, wondering if he should just leave the place now. But the younger man did not seem to be too upset about him being here. Regardless, he had come here with a purpose and he was going to stick too it. Just because he had the desire to run with his tail between his legs, it didn't mean he had to listen. His instincts lately were wrong more often then not.

The hesitance in the younger man's voice was something that worried him. "Is everything alright with the Tribe?" he asked again, furrowing his brows in concern. If everything was not so good, maybe it was good that he was checking. If Ralla's children were no longer here, he could leave with ease, and let Vigilante deal with the problems in the Tribe. Or were they no longer watching out for the Tribe? Were things on their own now? He could hardly remember.

"You never did introduce yourself," he said casually, straightening his back slightly. "Do you know of a Ralla? Do you know if her children are still here or not?" It was important. He had to know. He had to know if his last ties were gone or not.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 385 :: He's still blaming everyone and seeing things as alot worse then they actually are... kinda twisting the evens in his mind abit.

Green eyes flashed with unhidden emotion, confusion striking the Nishants core strongly... he was just growing accustomed to being alone again, being without family and yet he had to turn up again now of all times. Silver ears flicked back with annoyance as his uncle asked once more the same question; it seemed so pointless, since an answer had already been provided. Uncle... or was he now? Cocking his head to the side he stared at the male with growing open annoyance, although his hatred and deep rooted issues relating to his family were of no fault of the male before him, the lad still blamed him, a small chess piece upon the board who had played his part and contributed to the damage, even with Noss gone now thus making the foreign male no longer family he still accounted the other for what had transpired during his youth. “I already answered your question. The tribe is fine, prospering, boring as usual in it's happy little world. What is your point?” puffing himself up to his full height he resisted the urge to growl with irritation, the male unknowingly getting under the moon streaked lads skin.

All sense of maturity and calm shattered at the mention of his selfish mothers name. Again and again the past loved to rear it's ugly head, his family seemed to actively reappear in his life to abandon him, betray him, destroy him, for that was all they were good for and how little they cared about him. “My name is none of your dammed business Stel. I don't care where in hells name that selfish women has gone, always whimsical and throwing away her duties as her mother and her kids aren't all that better, following diligently in her foot steps and learning how to abandon, poison and betray. If that is all you want, leave.” breathing heavily he glared at the elder male caring little about his lack of hospitality or to show kindness upon the borders he lived along. “All of you have done enough damage, why the heck cannot you not just stay away” he threw odd coloured arms out to the side, growling in frustration as he stormed his way over to the other. “Huh?” the singular word was spat out with a low growl, caring little if the other was taller and older then him. No respect would be given to anyone who played apart in uprooting him from his home, triggering the never ending abandonment the lad lived with.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
Big Grin

This boy puffed himself up and gave himself airs. Strel may not have been a member of the pack here, but he was a high ranking member of the Court. His pack had brought down the yoke on his and he dared to lip off to him like some high and mighty man. Strel straightened as the other male did, his height taller, though his build was much leaner. But he brought all of his bristling temper into the mix, making the hair of the nape of his neck stick out as he glared at the AniWayan boy. "Watch your tone, boy." The Dauphin growled out, letting the warning linger in the air as his lavender eyes continued to bore into Ahiga. This was not something he had to take, not when he had come on civil terms and behaved himself civilly. It was this stranger, yet still somehow familiar, who dared put on such an attitude with him.

But it was the words that came, unprovoked and sudden, that made the redheaded man recoil in surprise. It was unwarranted and held a lot more anger than he understood. This youth had a personal problem with the woman and her get, though Strelein could hardly understand what it was. Lips pursed as the boy continued his tirade against Noss's sister, and the redhead could hardly feel the desire to stop him. It felt too close to the truth for him to stop. A pit formed in the bottom of his throat, making speech difficult as his mind fought to comprehend who this was to carry on in such a way. Strel furrowed his brows and looked carefully at the boy ruining Ralla's name.

The boy came into his face, anger on his features. All Strel could give him was a sad look, frowning at the youth. He looked away, then back at him without anger. "You're one of her sons, aren't you?" the Dauphin muttered, his voice quiet but certain. He shook his head slightly, reaching out to touch the young man's shoulders. "Why do you say all this?"

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

You poured your heart out to me. Your words are hard to believe.

I see you so see through. Don’t make promises you can’t…

Word Count → 336 :: Feel free to PP Ahiga however you want Smile

Breaths came out heavy from the lads short lived out burst, muscles held tight as he simply glared at the male directing pent up emotions upon the other as he had previously done with his sister; no matter what the feeling of being unwanted, unworthy, not needed forever seemed to linger within him and he wanted to shrug such emotions off, wanted to overcome the past but at the same time he was so angry, so wound up over what had happened that he stubbornly held onto the pain, becoming fixated upon it at times such as this. Scrunching his muzzle up he pulled ivory teeth apart only to quickly snap them shut, baring them at the other shamelessly and without care for his own appearance, disregarding the redheads warning to watch his tone. “You are not my superior and I see no need to watch my tone or even respect you” he spat out, head bobbing with the harsh words slightly.

“And I am nothing to that filthy, traitorous woman. She has done nothing for me, only corrupted everything around her and stolen everything from me.” closing his eyes a familiar sense of pain poured within his chest, the lad fuelling his anger from the hole in his heart, falling deadly still when the male reached out towards him, not rejecting the touch but at the same time not openly accepting it; truthfully he was unsure where the male fit into everything or even why the other had decided to come visit and enquire about him and his family after what felt like so long. “You and the rest of them are no better then her” coldness filled his voice, the accusation baseless but then his memories had long since become twisted in regards to the truth of what had happened. “Why have you come here. What do you want from me? I have nothing left to give, no one else to loose. She took them all away already. There is nothing here for you”

Keep your mouth shut, you talk to damn much.

Once again you let me in and give yourself away.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
Big Grin

The boy did not even flinch at his touch, but Strel could tell that he was not happy about the gentle contact. He furrowed his brows and let his hand fall away as the boy closed his eyes. The Dauphin looked away, almost guiltily. It was hardly his fault that Ralla had abandoned him. It was not his fault that the Nishant man had run off on his woman and his children to some unknown place. It was not his fault that his uncle had abandoned the both of them. The siblings? How could Strel be responsible for that when he had simply returned them home at the end of the war to relax? He had Noss then, and he had not worried for the children had their mother. But he had heard of the loss of one of his 'nephews' and things started to unravel then.

In a moment of rare clarity and sureness, Strel suddenly reached out again and grasped the boy's shoulder. His grip was harder than before, but still not painful. "They did not only abandon you, boy." He glared at the foolish youth's eyes, lavender eyes somehow hard despite their usual softness. "I came seeking the last of his family, to see if I lost all ties entirely." There was no need for names. Ahiga would know who he meant and why it meant so much. Pain flooded the older man's heart as the pit sank into his stomach. He was having a hard time remember that man's face. He could remember the colors of white and grey but there was nothing else. Angry eyes, perhaps, and eyes that looked at him with affection. But those memories hurt too much to remember fully. Strel shut his eyes for a moment to ward off the thoughts then returned his gaze to the boy. "You're still here, aren't you? You're the last one." The last tie to that family he thought he had found.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 402 :: Feel free to PP Ahiga however you want Smile

The initial contact was brief, only for the man’s touch upon his shoulder to return stronger, firmer, cautiously he tore his sight from the red head and onto the males hand before looking to the other for an answer for the contact. Ever since his life had been thrown off it's usual routine, set off course from what would have been a happy, normal upbringing if things had been different, the silver Nishant had grown self centred, caring and proving for himself for there was no one out there he could rely on to do anything for him; only himself and so why should he care or waste time contemplating the effects of his families actions and choices had upon anyone else other than himself?

Suddenly humbled the fur along the lads back flattened, muscles un-knotting and relaxing, the lad limply standing there unsure of what to do or say, knowing that the male before him may understand his pain, may have been inflicted with the same injuries he held upon his heart. “They are gone. They are all gone and they didn't care when they left or what they left behind” pain ripped through his throat, the words coming out hoarse and quiet, his pale form shuddering as everything grew too much for him, too confusing and too much he simply couldn't process or begin to make sense off. Overwhelmed the whimper crawled it's way out of his throat, head falling low, strands of silver covering his face like a veil. “Everyone left me. Again and again and again” the truth was no secret, “He left with them. Why bother looking for his family when he is no better then her? Brother and sister alike....”

Legs grew weak, his head shaking lightly from side to side. “You shouldn't of come” raising his head he forced himself to look the male in the eyes. “He is not here for you and I want to leave the past in the past; I've lost all that I am willing to loose, I have a life here now and I don't want you or anyone with ties to them doing anything else to ruin things for me. Tell me, you've found me, the last one; what do you want from me when I have made it clear I have nothing to give you? I don't know where they are and I am not my uncle”

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
aw sadness all around

The redheaded man shook his head, though his heart truly agreed with the boy before him. They did not know what they had left and did not understand what damage they had done to them. Strel had no reason to give the boy for their abandonment, nor could he give words for the pain in his heart every time he thought about why he was so lonely. "Be thankful they did not leave you dead in their wake like others might have, boy," he said, hoping to be the tad bit soothing. It may have sounded a poor thing to be happy about, but they were still alive, even if death seemed a much better respite from the agony.

Ears flattened as the boy whimpered. Strel understood the pain in the boy's heart, though he had lost someone he thought was part of his heart. Yet, he had not lost his mother, father, and blood-siblings. No, he would not understand the loss of their abandonment as the boy had, though he could still feel their absence keenly. "Yes, they left. They left you, and they left me. Your mother never told me a thing, and her brother.. her brother followed her to protect her. Didn't really think about us, now did they?" he asked, rhetorically, voice filled with angry, bitter emotion.

Strel pulled away from the young man, choosing to turn away from the interior of the Tribe. "I figured if no link remained, I could forget everything and pretend it was nothing but a dream." He was not quite sure what he was going to do now that the link was still there, in this tall youth. His mouth closed tightly, lips pursed together as he kept his glance away. The Nishant had a terribly valid desire. To put it behind them. Strel turned back to him, eyes glancing at him with an apologetic look. "I would like as much as you to put it in the past. I am not looking for anything. I had hoped that you would not be here. So I am at a loss. But since you're here, I find myself unable to walk away. You are the last one." He rubbed at his arm, worry seeping into his bones. This youth would have nothing to do with him. "You certainly aren't him. You should be glad of that. Perhaps we can.. offset what they've done?"

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 385 :: I has Gen's approval to PP Strel to finish this up Smile

No words of consolation would make the damage go away, nor the sympathy of others. An open wound never healing, something everyone can see but do nothing about; that was what had become of his tattered heart when they had left. Again and again he'd start to think that maybe this day would be better and then something happens, triggers a memory or a familiar face approaches him and the horror of it all returns to him and brute force, an endless cycle that he was fixated upon, unable to forget for a moment, unable to ignore. At the end of the day, he was broken goods now and always would be.

At some point he'd have to break the cycle, cut of all ties completely from where the memories haunted him and the canines that butted into his life. To some level the pale lad had known that one day he'd leave the tribe to escape his path, only out of sheer stubbornness had he remained and suffered for as long as he had; a fresh start was what he needed and to achieve this it became exceptionally clear that one such tie to the past was the man before him. He had to go, had to understand that he was not wanted and was not, under any circumstances, to show his face again.

“I will not be your last tie to him, something that will make you feel better. I want rid of everything and everyone. I don't want to see or hear from you, understand? You are not wanted here, do not show your face in front of me again” the more he spoke the more resolute he grew, voice progressively increasing in volume until he shouted the last few words. Stepping forward he threw himself into the males personal space, knowing that although he was somewhat shorter he had bulk on his size. Reaching out as quickly as he had approached he shoved, hard. “Now get the hell away from me. Walk away now” baring his teeth he growled at the male, remaining in a hostile stance even as the other backed away and left.

It was for the best, for both of them that this happened. Digging up the past would only continue to pry into wounds best left alone.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>[/html]