taming the sea
After Ookami's moose injuries, he had been cooped up, resting and getting better. But he was so incredibly sick of it. Sure he had a broken leg, but that didn't mean he couldn't hobble around outside to get some fresh air. First he started off by finding a lake or body of water of some sort and washing off in it. The water felt good on his dry skin and he sighed as he sunk into it. It was difficult to walk and stand, sort of. He walked around on just three legs, and it was a back leg so he had better balance in the front as well.

After he felt clean, he took comfort in the sunny part underneath a tree. In the area where the bright light breaks through the leaves and cretes that wonderful, odd shaped shadows on the ground. He lay down carefully as his golden coat soaked in the sparse sun. He seemed to glow beneath it. He was missing Adonia, alot. He hated that he left her again and he vowed to never, ever do it again. A loud and noisy sigh escaped him as he just lay there. All gimpy and what not, it reminded him of Jefferson. At the thought of the old brute, Ookami's spirits dropped once more.
[html]

out of character stuffs

It was a beautiful day. It had rained earlier, coating everything with a fine misty cover that brightened everything, darkening the colors to stand out even more. Tharin's own coat was lined with it, his silver and russet fur glistening with the small beads. The sun was out now, and working to rapidly dry it all away. Shaking himself gently Tharin concentrated on tracking the shrew he'd found. It was a rather large one, probably carrying a litter. A nice snack.

Spotting it running ahead the hunter crouched down. The shrew turned, and Tharin pounced. It squealed in his grasp before his jaws snapped, bones crunching. He turned to find a nice place to lay out and enjoy the snack, eyes widening with surprise as he spotted a member he hadn't met before. Injuries ran through his body, leg damaged. Stepping over Tharin dropped the shrew. Whining he stretched forwards, gently sniffing at the wounds, silently checking if he was alright.

<style type="text/css">
.tharee b {font-weight:bold; color:#341f06;}
.tharee p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.tharee {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#67501f; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EMzGi.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #341f06; padding:360px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#9e8b56; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-top-right-radius:60px;}
.tharee p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.tharee p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
His eyes had long since closed, his body drifting off into a very light slumber. He heard the whining of another and he opened his eyes to look at the male that was before him. His eyes glimmered as he let out a whimper, he whined slightly, his tail wagging. "It's healing." He spoke simple words, though he was gracious that the male who had never even met him before had cared about him like this. He smiled kindly at him, another whine escaping his muzzle.

"I am Ookami. Perhaps you know my mate, Adonia Demos?" He cocked his head to the side slightly, his heartbeat speeding up at just the mention of his mates name. He felt terrible for once again abannodning her, but it had happened and he couldn't do anything about it now except make it up to her.
[html]

out of character stuffs

Tharin glanced up at the words. That was good. It was less of a concern if it was going well. The male seemed happy to see him, tail wagging against the ground. Tharin smiled himself, a genuine grin that was pleased to see him. He listened to the introduction politely, up until it was mentioned who his mate was. This was a problem. True, nothing had happened, but he had still acted in the place of Adonia's mate, a promise of trouble.

Embarrassed he didn't know what to say. Tharin knew Ookami as the good for nothing mate that had abandoned Adonia in her heat, and stupidly gotten injured on a hunt. He seemed like a nice guy now that he had met him, but it was still stupid. Yes, I do know Adonia. She's very friendly. I'm Tharin. What more could he really say? His ears had fallen back in embarrassment, feeling a need to backpedal and get out of there, injured pack member or not. He had said it was healing, after all.

<style type="text/css">
.tharee {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#67501f; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EMzGi.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #341f06; padding:360px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#9e8b56; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-top-right-radius:60px;}
</style>
[/html]
Ookami smiled at the male. So he knew his mate. "Yes, she's brilliant. Way out of my leauge." A slight frown appeared on his face at the last statement. It was true, Adonia didn't deserve Ookami, after all the things Ookami put her through, Adonia defenitley deserved better. He sighed as he studied Tharin, "Well Tharin, it is a pleasure to meet you." He smiled kindly. Though his smile began to fade as he noticed a change in Tharin's attitude.

Eyebrows knit together in a worried way, "Is something wrong?" Ookami's golden head cocked to the side as his amber eyes studied the strange male in front of him. Had Ookami said something wrong? He didn't understand why the male now seemed uncomfortable..
[html]

out of character stuffs

Tharin couldn't disagree with Ookami's statement. From what he'd been told about his disappearance Tharin had a very low opinion on him. Even more so as Adonia had acted so loyal, clearly invested in staying with Ookami. She deserved someone who would actually be there for her. Ookami did seem like a genuinely nice guy, probably the reason why she had fallen for him, but that didn't mean she didn't deserve better.

Asked if there was something wrong Tharin's gaze dropped to study the grass rather intensely. Saying that he had almost mounted Adonia due to her being in heat and alone was definitely a very bad idea. He didn't want to talk about that. Tharin preferred forgetting that he had been so close to losing control, and wished that he could forget the entire incident had ever happened. No, nothing's wrong. The conversation fell to a dead stop, the awkward air filling up. Tharin didn't know how to continue, how to leave, or even what Ookami must have thought of him for acting so stupid.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
Ookami nodded in reply to Tharin's words. The awkwardness was slowly filling the space between them, Ookami felt like he could literally see it. All though he had absolutely no idea why it had gotten so awkward. The sudden change in the male seemed weird and he wandered if he had heard something bad about Ookami. He decided to brush it off for now, perhaps striking up a conversation would be a better idea.

"So... Do you have any specialties? Healing, hunting?" Ookami's deep voice was weary, though he tried to keep a light tone to it. He didn't really want to let on just how uncomfortable Ookami was really feeling. Perhaps everything would smooth out, perhaps the male would just up and leave. Ookami wasn't going anywhere and he would like to make some friends while he had the chance. Only time would tell how Tharin would react to Ookami. He prayed mentally that he would actually be able to make a friend.

He really missed having them. Jace was the closest one he had, and he hadn't seen her in forever. He missed the female dearly, and he didn't really know the next time he would see her. Hopefully it would be soon...
[html]

out of character stuffs

Ookami's voice finally came out. It sounded weary, the weight of his mistake filling the air. Tharin's tail curled around his legs, wondering if there was a possible way for him to leave without making it obvious. Though it was pretty clear that Tharin was acting odd, making the situation even more awkward between the pair. Trying to act as if it wasn't awkward was a huge feat. Tharin grasped the question as a lifeline, holding onto it as tightly as he could.

I'm a hunter. I've hunted since I was old enough to keep up with the pack. I worked with taking down the big prey. I almost never got injured doing so. He held his head high, knowing how difficult it was to bring down large prey without at least a couple bruises to the body. I've worked hard on my hunting. He paused almost too long before continuing, slightly hesitant. Do you...have a specialty? He knew it wasn't hunting.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
Ookami listened to Tharin closely. He felt like conversation would help squeeze away the awkward feelings. He smiled at Tharin lightly, "You must be very good then." There was no sarcasm or spiteness in his voice, only sencerity. When Ookami was asked he bit his lip for a moment. He didn't want to speak too much about his specialty, but he always told the whole story.

"I am a hunter. I was the largest in my birthpack, so I was forced to hunt for the whole pack. I got quite good at it, I could bring down a moose at one point, but since being here I haven't had to hunt as much, so my skills kind of got weak. Actually, it was hunting how I got these injuries. I let my guard down for a moment, and a whole herd of moose attacked me. Also I sing, but it's been a while since I've done that too.." Even since he stopped spending time with Jace, his singing wants had lessened. Jace was his partner in singing and he had lost intrest in it really.
[html]

out of character stuffs

Tharin nodded his head, tail arching behind him. He was a proud wolf, dedicated to his pack. He wasn't always confident that he was the best out there, but he always did his best to bring home prey for the pack. Usually he succeeded. It was only in the time before he had to leave the arctic that success had started coming less and less often, the prey disappearing from the land. He hadn't wished for it, damaging his view as himself as a hunter, but he'd been sent from his pack to find new hunting grounds. He'd failed them. His guilt and secret to carry.

Tharin listened with disbelief as Ookami spoke. There was no way it was true. Someone who had been so sorely injured in a hunt couldn't be capable of taking down a moose by himself. Even if he was skilled, he wouldn't be able to provide for the entire pack. Tharin promptly dismissed it as a fairy tale. The singing, though. That he could believe. I don't do much singing myself. Mainly in group howls. That was all.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
Tharin didn't seem like much of the conversationist. Ookami frowned slightly, but he tried to hide it, quickly replacing his frown with a neutral look. He bit his lip as he tried to figure out what he had done to make the male not want to talk to him. Instead of asking like he really wanted to, Ookami continued on their conversation. "I've been writing a song for Adonia.. Would you like to hear some?" Ookami was expecting a "no". But he wanted to try and smooth things over. He wasn't a wolf that boded well with conflicts in relationships. He would rather have no friends than a person who was angry or didn't like him.

It was true that he had been working on something to sing for Adonia. Though he had lost intreset in singing, sometimes he believed words were not enough to express feeling and song had to take over. "I can't play the guitar piece now, but I can sing some lyrics if you're up for hearing them." Ookami smiled kindly at the male, some of it was faked, as he was still unsure of Tharin.
[html]

sorry. he doesn't talk much. ever

His ears pricked as Ookami continued speaking. A song? Writing a song? Tharin had a vague idea about what writing was. It was making something to remind the one who made the mark about something else. So he was working on reminding himself of the song. It sounded like it would be rather pleasant to hear. His tail swayed behind him, excited to hear this song. Tharin had heard a song with words before, even though it had surprised him. He wondered if it would be one, or a different one like the ones he'd grown up with.

You have a guitar? Tharin remembered that instrument rather distinctly. It's chords had rang through the air joyfully, boosting his spirits. It had been his first exposure to one, but he'd enjoyed the experience. If you have the time, I'd love to hear it. He still felt a little awkward with Ookami, the air still heavy for him. At least they were pushing through it. Well, Ookami was pushing through it and Tharin was just lucky he hadn't given up on the grey male.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
the link is what he actually sounds like when he sings too , and the song he is singing <33

Ookami nodded his head at Tharin's question. "I do, but I can't play it now. I can't shift until I'm fully healed, and I could only play in my Optime form. So I'll only be able to sing it." Ookami was glad to hear that Tharin wanted to hear his song. He hadn't sung it yet, not really.. He'd only gone over the words in his head. "It might be a little rough." Ookami chuckled gently as he closed his eyes, drawing in a deep breath, he got ready to sing his song.

"It's called We Found Love." Ookami took another deep breath and he let his voice change into a melody sound and it flowed out of his lips like he had been waiting a lifetime to sing them. His eyes shut as he imagened singing it for Adonia. He pretended Tharin wasn't there and it was easier for him to sing it.

All the pent up singing energy Ookami had just flowed right out of him. His voice was completely perfect on every note and he completely forgot that Tharin was actually there. The lyrics explained how he felt about Adonia. The rough patches, how much he loved her, everything. "We found love in a hopeless place, we found love in a hopeless place." He sung the whole song with such heart and emotion that he felt his eyes kind of start to tear up.

When he was f'nally done, he opened his eyes to see Tharin once again. He blinked his eyes free of the liquid and he laughed lightly. "Sorry, lost myself there for a moment."
[html]

out of character stuffs

Tharin nodded his head. He didn't quite understand, his mind trying to wrap around the idea of forms of music being limited to luperci. Even witnessing it Tharin hadn't grasped that it was something he'd never be able to do. The singing itself promised to be pleasant. It would pass in a way Tharin was used to, comforting in some ways because of the similarity. Nodding his head Tharin prepared for the sound, tail beating the ground gently behind him.

He didn't get all of the lyrics. It was a beautiful song though, about finding love. Parts of it were hard for him to follow, just listening to the melody as it wove through the air. Tharin was surprised to see the salt water that Fayne had revealed when upset forming over Ookami's eyes. Was the male sad? He didn't smell upset. Maybe the tears meant something different. It's fine. Tharin watched the tears curiously, wondering why they were there. Are you in pain? Perhaps the injuries were bothering him.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
When the singing was finished, Ookami was not sure if Tharin hated it or loved it. He said nothing of the words in the song, the sound of Ookami's voice. He only replied to Ookami's apology. He kept his face neutral, as he managed to quickly blink away the tears that had formed in his eyes. He wasn't quick enough though, Tharin had seen them, and he questioned them. If he didn't have golden fur covering his face, Ookami's skin would be bright red from embarresment. "No, no. I'm fine." He bit his tounge, trying to decide if he should escape from Tharin now, or just wait it out. Clearly the male was not up for a bright and happy-go-lucky conversation like Ookami was, but did that mean Ookami should just book it? It wasn't very nice, and anything that wasn't nice, wasn't really Ookami's style at all. Unless you count leaving your mate alone. The thought rung through his head and he was quick to shake it free.

"Well Tharin, it's been nice chatting with you, but I think I'm going to head home. I have some things to speak to Adonia about. Pleasure meeting you though." Ookami gritted his teeth as he stood, keeping all weight off of his recovering leg. He dipped his head in politness to Tharin and began hobbling back to his den. All the while, thinking about Jefferson and the way he walked away from him.