If I only knew how to pull myself apart
[html]

i can't escape the twisted way you think of me
i feel you in my dreams and i don’t sleep

Word Count → 505 || Points → 5 :: Ooc.

She needed clothes. There was no doubt about that. After seeing almost everyone else wearing something to their style, Rio felt the need to do it too. She came back feeling quite natural from being outside Souls and living in her Lupus form that she forgot what civilization was like. She came back naked, appearing to her mother naked. Well, she wasn’t naked, but she was bare. She heard of places around the abandoned cities having clothes good enough to customize and wear. She wasn’t looking for anything too difficult – just maybe a nice skirt and a shirt to throw over her bare form.

The traveling took forever, especially all the way from Grand Lake and back to Anathema. That hike took a lot out of her, but she was happy her loyal owl minion was there to keep her company. He still refused to talk to her, or maybe he didn’t realize he could, but she didn’t mind. As long as he was there. Maybe after bonding with him more, she will finally be able to name him something. She was still about a mile away from her destination, but walking on the road leading into the greater part of the city had her mind occupied. She was now walking through Halifax, the part of the city she visited often when she needed simple things like bedding and liquor.

The owl flew ahead and when he felt that he was too far away, he circled back and did the same, sometimes landing on Rio’s shoulder to take a break. She didn’t shoo him these times as she was happy he came along. She pet the Great Horned Owl’s feathers lightly, and took a flight of stairs up toward the higher part of the city. She had to walk up about five flights, the owl taking off to wait for her at the top, but when she finally reached the landing to Greater Halifax, panting all sloppy and such, she wasn’t disappointed in the variety of clothing stores it had. There were about ten that popped out right before her eyes before she even took another step. There was clothing stores for those that liked the grungy style and store leaning toward more of the girly style, hers.

Rio wasted no time running toward one of the more feminine stores, quickly slipping inside. The large owl propped itself on a bench outside the store to wait for her. He hooted once and went to keeping watch for the front door. Rio sifted through several racks, taking a few skirts and shoving the ones that she didn’t believe she would wear right now in the empty satchel that was slung over her shoulder. She put on a white layered dress, letting her tail swing out of the bottom, and moved over to a mirror to look herself over. Not bad… She turned a few times admiring herself, making sure the skirt spun with her and having fun twirling. She was excited that she finally found clothes!

<style>
.axetxt-2 {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: justify; margin:0px 0px; padding:0px 40px 0px 40px; background-image:url(); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top center;}
.axetxt-2 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.axetxt-2 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.axetxt-2 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.axetxt-2 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.axetxt-2 b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
</style>[/html]

Dress can be viewed here
[html]
Word Count - 364; OOC Points - 3

Malakai had spent all of his time around Anathema pack lands, because it was where he felt most at home. After being taken in by the pack, he felt a sense of duty to help protect the land and borders from anyone that may approach and pose a threat. But it was a big, wide world out there and there were places around that he hadn't really been that much. Heading out of his den early, Kai had travelled for a little while before eventually coming across what seemed like a human city, long since abandoned. The concrete buildings and urban environment wasn't something that Kai was too used to, but as he trotted around in his Secui form on all-fours, he eventually came to find that he liked the maze-like streets, tight corners and alleyways.

He had started running, enjoying the freedom of his long, loping strides, and found that jumping off the walls of buildings, he was able to ricochet himself onto other, higher walls, allowing him to get around in the most interesting of ways. Free running. Kai was having the best time, just sprinting as fast as he could, leaping over obstacles, up against walls and twisting to land on higher platforms before rolling off them. And it had allowed him to explore rooftops and balconies he came across. It was as he trotted over a few rooftops that he spotted an owl lingering calmly outside one of the buildings below. His muzzle broke in a dark smirk as he crouched fairly low to the rooftop, creeping closer to it's edge. Dropping down, he landed onto the roof of the building the bird rested outside on a bench, meaning his body was behind the bird. With one quick, well-timed jump, he would knock the bird off it's perch and kill it before it alerted anyone or anything to his presence.

His tail swayed as he kept an eager growl in check and the muscles in his hind legs tensed before he made the leap, his front paws aimed right at the bird, his fangs bared as he launched through the air, with any luck tumbling to the ground with the owl.

<style>
.superduoper4 b {color:#333399;}
.superduoper4 p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px;}
.superduoper4 {font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#2B4566; letter-spacing:.1pt; line-height:9pt; padding:5px 0px 120px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; background-image:url(http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... terfly.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-color:#92C6ED; width:450px; text-align:justify; }.superduperbord
{width:452px; border:1px solid #000; -webkit-box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px
#5D5D5D; box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 505 || Points → 5 :: Hmm.. Do I sense a familiar situation?

The owl sat calmly on the bench. Owls have excellent hearing, and with that being known the owl sensed something nearby. He felt safe knowing that Rio was close, but as he heard something leap off of a roof, he attempted to take flight. Whatever it had been clipped him before he was able to make a successful take off. The owl hit the ground with the wolf, hooting frantically, and now trying to make a successful take off, but not being able thanks to its, now, injured wing.

Rio heard the commotion and turned around just in time to see the black wolf and the owl go down. She rushed toward the door, and the owl walked toward her. He spread one wing, but the other stayed closed. She picked up the bird and put him on her shoulder, then turned to the obsidian male angrily, ”What the fuck do you think you’re doing?!” Rio was a lady, and not one to be using foul language, but this called for an exception. Her hackles rose on her back, and even though she was hardly a fighter either, she needed to express her anger in some way. ”You know, not all birds are food.” Her words were like venom, and she stormed back into the store with the owl on her shoulder. His claws dug into her shoulder in attempt to keep his balance, but she really couldn't feel it at this point. She walked to the back to retrieve her bag, lightly petting the bird on the belly. "We”re gonna go home to get you fixed up. Don’t worry, boy.” Rio set the bird on a clothing rack while she undressed. She put the dress in her bag and secured it around her body so that when she shifted down, it would stay securely on her back. She shifted down to her Secui as fast as she was able, which was like a minute, though it took a lot of energy out of her. It was her first time in her Secui form, as she refused to use it all times before, but she didn’t have time to dawdle. She was shorter, and panting now, and she moved her body as close to the clothing rack as she could, ”Jump down, boy.” The owl followed her instruction, landing with a heavy thump on her back and getting its claws situated in her scruff.

Rio marched out of the clothing store with her bag secured on her body, it was clipped with a few straps like a dog’s harness. The compartment was big enough to fit a few clothing items stuffed in there. As she passed the other black male, she snarled. ”Don’t you dare come near my bird again.” She turned her back to the male, which she probably shouldn’t have, but she didn’t know any better. She wasn’t a fighter after all and didn’t even know the basics. Jaden had been right – the world was a dangerous place for her. She was so vulnerable.

<style>
.axetxt-2 {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: justify; margin:0px 0px; padding:0px 40px 0px 40px; background-image:url(); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top center;}
.axetxt-2 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
src="http://i45.tinypic.com/212y1s0.png">

WC:311+ - OOC Points - 3

Catching the bird beneath his paws, Kai smirked and growled, snapping his jaws towards the animal as the pair rolled to the ground, but the moment he twisted himself around to get a good go at the owl, the doors of the building burst open, stopping Kai in his tracks. This black female was not happy at his attack and at her anger, he assumed that this bird was connected in some way with her. Snorting playfully, he stood, patting the own on the head rather roughly as it hopped over towards the female, a slow grin spreading over his muzzle at her anger. "Alright, alright, relax!" Kai smirked darkly, mischeviously - this was what he enjoyed, causing frustration to others. But she vanished into the shop. Kai lingered outside, waiting for her and the bird to emerge.

The female was cute, he would give her that. But currently, Kai's attentions were somewhat distracted by Axelle. That wouldn't stop him from flirting, though, and generally treating her like a piece of meat to be stared at. Old habits die hard, after all. When she did emerge with the bird gripping onto her fur, Kai lifted a brow as he paced back and forth, watching as she threatened him not to go near her bird again. She ued the one word that was guaranteed to provoke Kai's dark behaviour. Dare. As she turned her back, Malakai snorted briefly, and moving up behind the female, he let his eyes scan her as they always did with females but his focus quickly returned to the owl. "Or you'll do what, Tough Girl?" This was her challange, how she reacted to him. Kai snapped his jaws towards the bird, the action making him smirk - it was this behaviour towards that cat of Axelle's that had started the ball rolling between him and the two-tone female.

<style>
.Kai01 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.Kai01 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.Kai01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#e7d4b3; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px
1px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Kai01 {background-color:#5a4726; font-family: verdana, serif; font-
size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-
align:justify; background-image:url(http://i48.tinypic.com/6ogymf.png);
background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;
padding:10px 0px 315px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; }
.Kai01-border {width:482px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;
border-radius:8px;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 319 || Points → 3 :: Rio's in trouble O.o

The owl flapped it’s other wing toward the threatening black wolf, and she heard his jaws snap before she could turn around fast enough. Luckily, they didn’t snap around anything. His voice reminded her of dark times, and it angered her more. He challenged her, but there was nothing she could do. She looked at him with angry eyes, ”I – I…” Fuck. This was the problem. She couldn’t fight him, and the best she could do when he attacked her was run. So, she resorted to growling at him after she looked like a fool stammering. ”You’ll see,” was the best she could come up with, though it probably got her into deeper shit than she was in. Where was Jaden when she needed him, or his fucking fighting lessons?

Rio backed away from the male, learning her lesson from turning her back on him. Her thoughts were jumbled and her heart was beginning to race. She was in deep shit with this male, and her bird couldn’t fly to safety, and she couldn’t exactly run with the owl on her back. He needed his goddamn wings! Okay, so maybe she wasn’t such a lady when she was cornered, so the fuck what? She was in deep shit now because there wasn’t anything she could do to him. ”You’re from Anathema! You can’t hurt me! My mother’s the Angela, and if you do touch me or my owl, you’ll certainly be thrown in the pits!” She was just throwing shit together as it came to mind at this point. It was the one and only time she was happy to be from Anathema. Though, if the plan failed then she would curse Anathema miserably, but she could always tell her mother what he had done. She wouldn’t let him touch her owl without a fight, or somewhat of a fight. Whatever kind of fight she was capable of giving him.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:533+ - OOC I love evil Malakai. Pints - 5

Malakai's eyes glittered as he saw the hesitation in this she-wolf. The way her words stammered as she regarded her threat. Kai knew she couldn't touch him, just like he knew he wasn't supposed to touch her, given they were from the same pack. When 'You'll see' was the best retort she could come up with, Kai knew he had her on the back foot, so to speak, and let his head lower a little though his feral yellow eyes remained locked upon her. At least she didn't turn her back on him - she hadn't completely lost her head, it seemed. Calmly, with complete composure and control, Kai took a slow step in her direction, his gaze telling her everything that played through his dark, twisted mind - that he could take her, kill her and dispose of her well enough that no-one would find her. He would certainly never let himself be linked to the crime by leaving such a thing as evidence. After all, it would mean leaving behind her body, and Kai wouldn't have done such a thing. He licked his muzzle menacingly, smirking dangerously, wanting to instill as much fear into her as possible, as if he could smell it, as if it were a drug to him.

However, something she said made him stop. Her mother was Angela. Naniko, the white Alpha female of the pack. Naniko was one of the few that Malakai had genuine respect for, had shown his true loyalty to, and upon hearing this news, that the black female before him was the Alpha's daughter, the dangerous look in him faded fast. He wouldn't hurt her. Not Naniko's offspring. Rio was off the hook, it seemed, with him. That didn't mean he couldn't have a little fun with her. And so, letting his dark, vicious nature return covincingly, but this time only for show, he took another step closer, his muzzle snapping at the air a little. "So your mother is the Alpha, huh? I see... Well, don't worry, I'll be there to comfort her when she learns about the awful demise of her daughter." This was perfect. "When she's weeping at the news of her child's untimely and, may I add, brutal death, I'll be a shouler for her to cry on, to mop up her tears. She'll be glad of my support, my sympathy..." Another step closer, and on his face now appeared that fake sense of empathy he was so good at creating, his eyes softening as he watched her, as he played out the scene of how he would act towards her mother. "I know it's a shock, Naniko, and I am so sorry for you loss... But you are still Angela... You are still strong and beautiful and no doubt fertile... You could have more pups, more daughters..." The fake sympathy faded as quickly as it had appeared, his darkness emerging once more. "So there's really no need for you to worry, Tough Girl. I'd be there to assist your mother in making new pups to replace the one she so savagely lost" His last word was a mere hiss as he grinned sadistically to her. This was fun.

<style>
.Kai01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#e7d4b3; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 1px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Kai01 {background-color:#5a4726; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i48.tinypic.com/6ogymf.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 315px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .Kai01-border {width:482px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 480 || Points → 3 :: Rio fights like a bitch xD

She kept stepping back every time he stepped toward her. She was almost completely convinced that she was in trouble, though something she said seemed to throw the wolf off. She almost immediately felt powerful, though it soon ended. The reaction only lasted for a second before his darkness came back, and she was scared shit again. He kept coming towards her, and she kept stepping back. This time, his threats came with a story, one that left Rio scared and believing. She didn’t know this wolf; she didn’t know that he was a big faker, and she had no idea that he was just messing with her now. She turned her head for a second, quickly muttering to the owl in low speech, If you can fly, fly to somewhere safe! Then she quickly turned back to the black wolf.

The owl stretched its hurt wing; it still hurt, but as he stretched it, whatever bone was out of place seemed to snap back in. Good, he needed it right now. The owl took off from Rio’s back, and despite the pain in his wing, he didn’t fall from the sky. He took refuge in a tall tree right above them, watching closely. He guarded his friend with large, yellow eyes.

Rio felt a pang of pain in her chest as she imagined the scenario this wolf was playing out before her. It was true, she wanted to leave Anathema, but she didn’t want to die. She just wanted to go somewhere where she fit in more, and still be able to see her family when she could. Rage returned to Rio’s eyes. The fact that she doubted Naniko would really shed a good amount tears over her death was enough to make her kill him, though only if she had the skills. She didn’t and she had to make do with what she had. She raised her right paw, and struck him in the head with it as hard as she could, which wasn’t too hard. Realizing a few seconds later the stupidity she had done, her eyes widened with fear and she backed away quickly, growling like a scared pup.

This wolf really seemed like he was going to kill her, and despite being thrown off because her mother was Naniko, it seemed not to bother him. He probably had to scrap his old plan to dispose her body, to something better and more concealing. She needed to learn how to protect herself, and now was the time to test her. She didn’t know what she was doing, but whatever felt right she let it take over her. ”You’re not my mother’s type. She wouldn’t touch you with a 10-foot pole.” Her voice lost its shakiness, even though she felt it inside. Her heart was racing from fear and she really didn’t know what would come next.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:373+ - OOC Points - 3

The large black male watched as the female spoke to the bird, smirking as the owl extended its damaged wing. His eyes watched as the animal reset it's wing before taking off to higher, safer ground. When his attention returned to Rio, he knew she was all alone against him and bared his fangs though still with that dangerous grin upon his muzzle. It was all for show now, but as the female lifted her paw and struck him, the force of the blow wasn't much, but Kai made a big show of it, his head snapping to the side as if she carried the power of twenty males with her attack. He snorted heavily and took a few seconds for his eyes to return to her, and when they did, he could see her fear now, as clear as day. And he drank it up, lapped it hungrily like a starved kitten. The fact that this female was terrified of him was bliss, it was what he craved.

His motions remained slow and calm as he once more moved towards her, growling at her words about her mother. He had never been with Naniko. She was his Alpha and one of the only members of Anathema he truly respected, like a loyal rottweiler. If Naniko asked him to do something, Malakai would do so, whether it be assist in a birth or launch a full scale attack on another pack. Whatever she asked, Kai would do. And he would never attack Naniko's daughter. But this female didn't know that. "Hmm, well that wasn't what she said... Your mother told me I was the best she had ever had. She likes it rough. Maybe she's taking a walk on the wild side instead of being so nice all the time." Kai's words were designed to frustrate the young female, to get her wound up. His eyes widened as if the most amazing idea popped into his head. "Now there's a thought... I've never had a mother and daughter before." His head bowed a little, his body tensing as if he had been about to launch an assault on the female. "What do you say, Tough Girl? After all, you owe me for that blow..."

<style>
.Kai01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#e7d4b3; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 1px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Kai01 {background-color:#5a4726; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i48.tinypic.com/6ogymf.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 315px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .Kai01-border {width:482px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 409 || Points → 3 :: Ooc.

Rio tried to keep the distance between them as best as she could, but he kept moving toward her and she didn’t know when she would run out of space. Soon, like as if she was psychic, she backed into a wall, but she was too afraid to take her eyes off of the male, afraid he would do something in the 2 seconds that her attention was off of him. My mother was never nice. Rio began to feel sorry for herself, all at the wrong time of course. She really didn’t know what her mother liked, and she really couldn’t confirm that this black wolf before wasn’t her type. Rio really didn’t know, and as much as she wanted to admit that she did- it was a front. A lie.

Rio snorted, playing her front well, despite the fear that was evident on her face. ”She was probably just trying to be nice, and not hurt your feelings. She’s respectful enough, plus she likes to keep males close for whenever she needs them.” Her eyes were squinted and her tone sounded pretty confident as she attempted to diss the male. His next sentence came at her like a low blow, like what she had said before didn't matter and was directed to no one, a waste of breath. Mother and daughter? That meant me! Rio gasped and the exhale of the gasp turned into a full on snarl. She stepped toward the male now, she would not be raped again. Even though he didn’t say anything about taking anything from her, she still took it as a threat to take what he wanted, just like Harlowe did. She wouldn’t let that happen again. It fucked her up too much, and just as she was getting over it- it was about to happen again?

Rio lifted up another paw and struck him in the face, harder this time and as hard as she could. She was pissed off now, so the adrenaline was helping her weak strength a little. She used the few seconds he was distracted to run and get out of the corner she was backed into. She circled him and stopped, her back now facing the stairs she climbed earlier. If anything, now she would be able to run. ”I don’t owe you anything.” It was preposterous! She never wanted anything from anyone who ever hit her. She would not give this slimy male anything.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:412+ - OOC Points - 3

As he continued to press towards her, this black female, Kai saw her bravado flare as she spoke of her mother and knew it hadn't quite his the nerve that would spur her on. He wanted to see the spark in her, wanted to see her fire, or failing that, he wanted to see her run from him in sheer terror. However, as Kai used the mother and daughter card against her, he saw her eyes widen a little and knew that it had hit that spot in her, knew it had reached deeper than his previous threat. So that was what this female was truly afraid of. A useful piece of knowledge to have, and as she lifted her paw to strike him once more, Kai let her. He saw the attack coming, felt the sting on his face and this one carried more strength that the last. His head once more whipped to the side and he snorted heavily, though when he looked back, she had taken the chance to get out of the corner he had backed her into.

Turning to face her once more, Kai let a low growl rumble in his throat, his tongue lolling a little to lick his muzzle as if thinking of the fun he would have with her. She was from Anathema. Plus she was Naniko's daughter. Two reasons he couldn't touch the female, and now that her blood was up, perhaps it was time for him to come clear, to ease her worries and fears, to tell her that he wouldn't touch her, that she was safe in his presence. He had had his fun in seeing and sensing the fear in her. His growl faded, and with another snort, his muzzle broke into a slow grin and his head bowed a little, almost in submission. Technically, if this was Naniko's daughter, then she was his superior. The daughter of his Alpha. His feral gaze remained on the female, as his body lowered an inch or two, his smirk remaining. "You have a good punch to you, Naniko's Daughter." He didn't know her name, so that would have to do for now. "Alright, I relent. I won't take you. I could but I respect your mother too much to do such a thing to her child." His grin spread, his body lowering into a submissive pose now, a complete contrast to his previous posture. "Malakai." His tail swayed slightly as he watched her.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
Ooc.

Her punches that connected with the male seemed to do nothing to him, but anger him further. Her heart raced, and if she must then she would run. Her owl would find her sooner or later, she knew he would. Though, the male stepped towards her now in a non-threatening way. She watched him with confused eyes as he submitted to her. Malakai… She never heard of him in the lands of Anathema, then again, she was never there. She belonged there, but she stayed away as much as possible. She snorted audibly, ”Rio.” She was still pissed and distrustful of him, and she wouldn’t let him out of her sight again.

The owl seemed to feel the tension loosen, and he dropped from the tree branch he took refuge on before and fluttered to her back again. He perched there, grilling Malakai with big, yellow eyes. Rio watched him too, but she couldn’t say much about the male. She didn’t know him, and what was worse was that she already lost all trust for him. She didn’t know whether to leave him here or talk to him to make sure he was sincere. ”Funny, I never saw you around Anathema before.” He did smell of the pack, but he could’ve been a loner sulking around the borders picking up the scent.

Ever since her run-in with Columbine Lykoi, her trust in others had been severely dented. She didn’t believe others on their word anymore, especially males like him. Sinister, hurtful for no apparent reason, malicious. The male before her seemed the same way, and she wasn’t sure whether she should be grateful that he decided not to attack her, or run in fear that he was just doing that for a front to take her edge off. Well, he was failing- her edge was still there, and it would remain there.

Word Count: 312

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly21 b {font-weight:bold; color:#7fa1c1; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #dcdfe5; }
.freebjuly21 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly21 {margin:0 auto; width:485px; background-color:#f8f8f8; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/KV9WB.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #c0c0cc; padding: 150px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#485c6f; text-shadow: 0.2em 0.2em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:325+ - OOC Points - 3

As the large black male kept his gaze on the female, he couldn't keep the grin from his features. He knew she would be incredibly wary of him now. He wouldn't be surprised if she ran, or if she continued to attack. Either way, he was prepared. But when she uttered her name in amongst something of a snort, Kai was a little taken aback. She seemed to trust him enough with her name. Lifting his head a little, Kai let his eyes settle on the owl he had pounced upon before, saw the bird observe him, keeping a close watch on him, and in return, Kai did as he always did when someone or something regarded him in such a way - he snapped his jaws in a mischevious, though somewhat threatening manner. If he drifted too close, that was what would happen, he seemed to insinuate.

When Rio mentioned the pack lands, Kai offered her a light shrug, his demeanour rising a little more, no longer holding that submissive pose to her. "I haven't been there all that long. I came to the pack because I was injured. I asked for shelter and maybe some medical attention, nothing more. And when it was offered that I stay a while longer, perhaps make it a more permenant thing, I agreed." Kai inhaled deeply and snorted it out, shaking his body and pelt out a little. "How about you? I certainly haven't seen you on Anathema lands before, I'd have remembered." He flashed her a wide grin and lifted his eyebrows almost suggestively, before he stretched out his back legs, the left first followed by the right, as if he had been curled up for a few hours. "Naniko never mentioned she had a daughter, although I've never really asked her about her family. You two have very different colouring." Naniko was white, Rio black. Perhaps this one got her dark tone from her father.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
Ooc.

Her eyes remained on the male before her, and her face changed into an angry glare when he snapped at the bird, >”Stop teasing my owl,” she snapped at him. She walked over to the former bench where the bird was perched before, and let him hop back up there before she jumped up on the bench herself. She sat there, looking down at Malakai on the ground, ”Yeah, well I try to make myself scarce most of the time.” She didn’t want to share her business with this stranger, even though he was a pack member. She didn’t trust her own kind, and it was sad to think she would trust someone of a different pack before she would trust a wolf from her own.

”I bet Naniko doesn’t mention a lot of things. I am one of four pups of my litter: me, Caprica, Lucia, and Harlowe. Harlowe’s dead, though, and Lucia’s gone somewhere. Caprica is one of Anathema.” Maybe if she mentioned her mighty siblings, he would back off a bit more. ”My sister’s fur is black, too. Our father’s fur was a lot of different shades, but none were black. I don’t know where I got my dark fur from.” Harlowe was the only one who had fur that resembled Ehno’s. Lucia had white fur, cream almost, and it resembled Naniko’s. Her and Caprica were the only oddballs of the family, and Rio was glad she wasn’t the only one different. She had a buddy.

”What about you? Your family all had dark fur like you?” She knew it was impossible to not have variety in a litter, but one never knew. The world was endless with possibilities, and she always tried to expect the unexpected. Rio reclined to a laying position, facing Malakai off the bench. Her front paws hung off of the side of the bench, and her back paws hung off of the front. Her owl was perched on the back of the bench behind her, watching the wolf with distrustful eyes. It’s wing still hurt badly, and the discomfort was plain on its features.

Word Count: 351

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly21 b {font-weight:bold; color:#7fa1c1; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #dcdfe5; }
.freebjuly21 {margin:0 auto; width:485px; background-color:#f8f8f8; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/KV9WB.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #c0c0cc; padding: 150px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#485c6f; text-shadow: 0.2em 0.2em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Ooc Thanks for the table! [WC: 300 || Pts: 3 ]

Malakai practicaly ignored her comment about teasing the owl, and just for good measure, he snapped once more at the bird though looked at the female while he did so, all the while with a smug grin on his features. Kai's attention quickly flitted from the bird to the female, and then to their surroundings. His muzzle raised to the air briefly to inhale the scents of the urban landscape, listening to her speak about her mother, and her siblings and their different colourings. It made him think about Axelle - half her body was pure white, the other half pure black. How did she have such a distinctive look? The female was on his mind a lot lately, and whenever she was, it made him smile.

As Rio lifted herself up and settled on the bench, Kai stretched his body out some, extending his front paws before him, lifting his rump and lowering his head and upper body down towards the ground, arching his back somewhat, before lowering his rump and lifting his upper body, stretching his back legs out with a rough snort. He tossed a look over to her and shrugged some. "My parents were fairly dark in colour. Our whole pack was. Except my brother. He had golden fur, to match his golden status." Kai's tone grew darker just a little as he mentioned his brother. "Rafael's dead now though. His golden fur isn't doing him much good in the ground." His eyes sparked dangerously, and Kai sniffed at the ground briefly as if picking up some sort of trail. "So you were getting clothes in there or something? They have anything else in that shop? I don't think dresses will suit me, somehow." He smirked some, as his eyes met the dark female once more.

Table by Sammiie; Photo by Diana Pinto@flickr

<style>
.Kai04-text {padding:0px 10px;}
.Kai04 i {color:#ffffff; font-style:italic;}
.Kai04 b {color:#f2f2f2; font-weight:bold;}
.Kai04 {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i49.tinypic.com/2uhu450.png); background-position:top
center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed;
padding:300px 0px 6px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-
size:10px; color:#d3d3d3; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-
spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px;
font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<3

Watching the other stretch, Rio yawned, letting a whine escape at the tail end of it. She blinked at him, watching him finish. ”Ah, golden child for the Creator.” She didn’t believe in any distinct religion, but she knew something must have created everything around her, so she just referred to it as the Creator. Golden status…" It was more like a hiss, but a friendly hiss. She rolled over on the bench, now exposing a little more of her underbelly. She was getting comfortable with the male and didn’t see why she couldn’t relax a little bit more. Now she laid on her side, her periwinkle eyes watching him move around.

She yawned again. Damn, she was getting tired. She answered him lazily, ”No, they had some men’s clothes in there too…” Her eyes were fixed on the ground. She knew she saw some pairs of pants that didn’t look like women’s wear. They had to be for men. When he mentioned dresses, she looked up at him with only her eyes, ”I’d agree to disagree. You can only know if you try.” An evil smirk played on her lips. Would this brute really fall for it and try on a dress?

Rio picked herself up from the lazy position she was in, and returned to the laying position she was in earlier, laying on her stomach like an expectant dog. Her eyes followed his movements and then they travelled to the store front’s door. If she went back in there, she would want more things and not be able to fit them in the Secui bag she had strapped to her large body. A girl could never have too many clothes, though. Or shoes, according to some human magazines. Rio’s big wolf feet didn’t get the pleasure to meet shoes. Too bad… They looked fun.

Word Count: 305

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
Ooc [WC: 581 || Pts: 5

Malakai's eyebrow lifted somewhat as she mentioned that the shop carried not just dresses and shoes but also more masculine items. Perhaps he should check it out, although he snorted a little. "Not that I wear clothes too often." His eyes raised to the female and his muzzle carried a short smirk. "Wouldn't want anyone to miss out on what I have to offer, now, would I?" He wiggled his eyebrows. He had never really had much of an issue with flirting, but now his interest was well and truly locked onto Axelle, he thought that she might have a problem with him doing it. After all, if it were the other way around and he caught her flirting with any male, he would certainly find fault with it.

Kai did notice how the female moved, how she rolled onto her back somewhat and he knew that she wouldn't have done so if she still felt afraid or overly angry with him - one never showed their more vulnerable underside to an enemy. It meant that he was winning this female over despite the fact that not so long ago, she had practically punched him in the face, twice. He caught her words about trying on dresses and the like, and Kai let another, more playful snort escape him. She had to be joking. He wouldn't even give the idea any response besides his dismissive grunt.

As Rio lay on her belly, Kai scooted a little closer to her, letting his eyes brush down her form in that usual way of his, like he was looking over a raw deer hide or a large chunk of fresh meat, and even licked his muzzle a little, barely hiding the fact. And again, Axelle popped into his mind. They weren mates, not yet. They hadn't even mated yet. But there was something about her that had taken him, and as the brief, fleetng idea that he may take this female before him simply to expend some time and energy, it drifted right out of his head. He couldn't. One, he respected Naniko too much. Two, she was from Anathema and it was against pack law to force another pack member into such an act. Three, Axelle would be disappointed and upset, he guessed. But it was the fourth reason that really caught him off-guard. He found that this female just didn't have the same spark as Axelle did, and so the fire he felt flood into his veins when he was around the two-toned female of his affections simply wasn't ignited with this one. He didn't want to take this one. Nothing against her, of course. Only a few weeks ago, he would have shown Rio his full desire without hesitation, but now, this fireball of a female was in his life, he had changed. Had she changed him?

As he thought on it, he let his eyes continue to roam her body but now there was no malice, no hungry, predatory urges in his gaze. "Rio, do you think that we can be changed by another? I mean... all the things we used to do, all the thoughts we used to have, do you think that someone can be altered in such a way by someone else?" He moved to sit by the bench, and like some kind of loyal guard dog, he let his body sit, while his head rested on the bench, his muzzle not a million miles away from her belly.

Photo by Diana Pinto@flickr

<style>
.Kai04 {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i49.tinypic.com/2uhu450.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:300px 0px 6px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#d3d3d3; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
Ooc.

[html]

Rio Marino
Hello, hello its only me.
I'm everything you can't control.

Rio continued to shift around on the bench trying to find a comfortable position. Her eyes left the brute before her, and she doubted he would try anything. He seemed defeated now, and whatever drove him before didn’t now. Rio snorted at his words. She knew she wasn’t looking, and didn’t want to. He wasn’t her type, and she surely wouldn’t even think about taking an interest in him. She had already met the type of man she wanted, and too bad he wasn’t available. She had no doubts, though, that she wouldn’t find another like him.

Malakai came over to her, next to her in fact, and she kept her gaze forward. She could feel the male’s eyes wander over her just from the psychology of it. There was nothing she could do though; he would look where he wanted, despite her knowing or not. His question toward her threw her off slightly, but she listened intently to him and took in everything. She definitely thought it was possible. Look at what Harlowe did to her – he raped her, and changed her life for the worst. She was never the same after that, and even though she’s kind of grateful that he changed her ‘happy-go-lucky’ attitude, it still affected her greatly. And then she thought of the other way that someone’s ways could be changed – by love. Love did great things to others, and if it was the pure genuine kind, they tended to change for the better. ”Absolutely. We can be changed by others from bad events or good events. I mean if you allow their influence to get to you, you are very capable of change.” She knew the bad kind, but he seemed to be affected by the good kind of influence. ”Are you in love?”

Word Count :: +300 // Points :: 3

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
Ooc [WC: 300 || Pts: 3

As his eyes calmly and slowly roamed over the female's body, Kai inhaled deeply before letting out the heavy breath in a long snort, taking in her scent briefly. However, hearing her answer, and her question following it, it made him think. Individuals could be changed, be it a little or immensely, by another. Is that what had happened to him, then? Had this two-toned female that he couldn't seem to shift from his mind done this to him? Altered him from the rough, aggressive, self-obsessed male he had been into something warmer? Gentler? Or had she simply uncovered something that was already there beneath his brutish exterior?

He considered his answer for a long moment, his eyes falling to stare at a spot on the bench by her stomach, looking right through it. The tough Malakai wanted to dismiss her silly accusation, as if he were immune to such a thing, such a girly notion as love, but this new, softer side to him hesitated. "I don't know." His feral gaze lifted to the female whom not too long ago, he had been staring at with such dark, malicious intent. "How can you tell if you're in love?" His head remained in its place, resting calmly on the bench by the female. He couldn't be in love, could he? He had only known Axelle for such a short amount of time. "And how long do you have to know someone before you can be in love with them?" It was evident that Kai wasn't clear on the rules of being in love. If he were, he would know that these rules do not exist, that it doesn't matter how long two individuals have known each other, or anything of the sort. All that matters is that the two souls connect.

Table and Siggy by Sammiie; Photo by Diana Pinto@flickr

<style>
.Kai04 {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i49.tinypic.com/2uhu450.png); background-position:top
center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed;
padding:300px 0px 6px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-
size:10px; color:#d3d3d3; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-
spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px;
font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
Ooc.

[html]

Rio Marino
Hello, hello its only me.
I'm everything you can't control.

Rio was severely inexperienced when it came to all sorts of kinds of love. She wasn’t shown the family kind too well with her mother leaving her and her father disappearing after she had left. She hadn’t seen him in a while. Oh, and with her brother raping her – to her, if she loved someone, she wouldn’t want to hurt them mentally, emotionally, or physically. Rape was just another way of fucking someone else up, in all those ways. She had been messed up in all those ways, and it took her a long time to recover from it. Years even.

Rio shifted on the bench uncomfortably. She wasn’t sure if she should be answering the male’s question, ”Well, I have never been, but I hear that your world gets flipped upside-down. That emotions that you never knew were there, resurface, and you start to feel different around that person that you don’t feel with others…” Rio’s mind was distant as she explained to the male. ”I don’t think it matters how long. For some it takes a long time before they fall in love, and for others it can only be a few days. I guess it depends on how well you click with that person.” Rio’s mind was in space, but she knew she was on the right track. If only she would feel love one day; then her life might be set. She had felt all the pain that a soul could possibly experience in a lifetime, what about love? What about her turn at love? Would she ever get it? She doubted it herself since all her attempts at the little monster had failed her, but she didn’t want to give up hope, not yet.

She turned her head toward Malakai, ”Sounds like you’re in love. Tell me about her.” If she couldn’t experience it herself, she wanted to hear others’ takes on the emotion. Even if she never felt it herself, at least she could have a view on it from someone else’s experience. ”What’s she like? How does she make you feel?” She was curious now, and she wondered if she knew the girl.

Word Count :: 359 // Points :: 3

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
OOC: [WC: 362 || Pts: 3

Kai's ears perked up a little as the female spoke about love, about the feeling it gives you. He let his body sink to the ground, letting his form roll over a little onto his back, letting his front paws fold somewhat in the air over his chest, his hind legs stretching out idly as he thought. Your world gets flipped upside down, you feel diferent things with them than you do with others... It was exactly what he was experiencing with Axelle. He had always had such a clear idea of who he was, but now, even he was unsure of himself. She had made him into an eager little puppy, wanting to be close to her all the time. And then he heard Rio's words about time. She had said it could only take a few days in certain situations. His tail began swaying a little. He had known Axelle for such a short period of time, really, but he couldn't deny he wanted her. Not simply physically, he wanted all of her for himself.

When Rio mentioned that it sounded like he was indeed in love, Kai lifted his head a little, his muzzle sniffing the air a little. Her questions about the female caused his body to shiver a little as he lay on the ground, still on his back. "She's like me. Exactly the same. She has the same temprament, the same darkness, the same aggression, the same mischief in her. She's exactly like me, and yet, she is everything that I'm not, at the same time." The black male's mind held onto the image of Axelle, refusing to let it go. "She's the only one who tolerates me hanging around with her. And when I'm not with her... I kinda miss her." He huffed a little in a sigh. "When she's next to me, she's the only thing I think about. All the dark things that lurk in my head vanish, and yet... My darkest thoughts are of her." Kai lifted his head a little to be able to look up at Rio from her place on the bench. "Do you think that qualifies as love?"

Table and Siggy by Sammiie; Photo by Diana Pinto@flickr

<style>
.Kai04 {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i49.tinypic.com/2uhu450.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:300px 0px 6px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#d3d3d3; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]