Far from home
Rain knew that Lux longed for female company. After talking to the coyote at the Inferni Boarders he had found her looking at herself differently. She was insecure about who she was and he often found her pulling at her ears more and talking/signing to him less. She would curl up at night and cry and he knew she needed a family, needed someone other then himself to run to. He had woken them early and had put Lux on Russell's back. She fell back asleep on the horses back as he walked them into nowhere. He walked them though the remains of a town called Amherst and had stopped by one of the houses to rest.

Lux had woken up and was exploring the houses near by while Rain rested. She had gone into the backyard of one of the houses and noticed many traps that the humans had used to kill wild game and strays. She had heard whining and noticed some fox cubs curled against the body of their mother. One of the pups had gotten its paw stuck in the trap with its mothers head and Lux rushed forward to help them. They were skittish but Lux knew how to help them. Judging by the decay of the mother they had been out here for a while and looked hungry. After releasing the trap she scooped them up and after a small protest they curled against her for warmth and comfort.

She walked back to her father and after showing him the pups and finding the little bit of milk they had left she fed them and got them on Russell's back before moving on. "Wrap the smaller ones paw. Its been broken for a while and will heal wrong if it is not taken care of," he said as Lux rubbed the pups heads softly.

He stopped suddenly and sniffed. They were at a packs boarder. A sign. He howled for a leader, someone to accept them. Are we staying? I am tired of being alone Da. I want... Lux stopped. "I know baby girl I know," he said softly.
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... forget.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

• Setting: Late Afternoon
  • Form: Secui

• Nature whispered its loving tones to her ears as she walked amongst its splendor in content. True it was not rare that she felt such elation for the daily wonders of the world, but none the less it felt such a treat to have her ears tickled by the distant call of birds coupled with the melodious trickle of the Miki'Aliqua nearby.

Upon four paws, she prowled the domain encompassed by the scent of the family therein. Her red crown adorned in the wild blossoms of the summer and collected down of her ever watchful companions were playfully teased by a passing breeze, threatening to again free a loose strand of her braided mane and have it again fall in her face. Were the overgrowth of bangs not enough to steal the amber from her eyes? She rounded her fur clad shoulder, the fox fur and adorning tails groomed to a perfection as always. It was a thought to none, but one she pondered on in mirth none the less. Something to busy her idle mind as she continued her leisurely patrol.

But so suddenly her idle thoughts were taken by a sound coursing the wind. A beckoning near the Expanse that called for her expediency. Forgoing her patrol she loped toward the echoing tones, setting both ears and nose one alert for what called her away from her peaceful stroll. A faint scent grew to a prominent aroma quickening her pace as then the image of two and a steed came into view. Her thunderous paws came to fall silently as she slowed her stride, breathing deeply the fragrant air accompanied by their collected scents as she intended to slow her heavily beating heart. It was not with a stern expression, but with a kind tilt of her head that she greeted them, offering as she did with all a soft smile of acknowledgement and a humble stance. "Goodday to you," she offered softly. "Are you alright, strangers?"

329 words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {
    background-image:none;
    padding:10px;
    line-height:12px;
    margin:5px auto; width:85%;
    background-color:#6d8673;
    border:1px solid #090905;
    font-size:10px;
    color:#090905;
    border-radius:2px;
    border-style: dashed;
    -moz-border-radius:2px;
    -webkit-border-radius:2px; }

.oocinfo {
    font-size:10px;
    width:250px;
    margin:5px; }
    </style>[/html]
    OCC: Lux is 75% coyote. She will leave the pack as soon as I can pick her up. Until then is she going to be alright as a npc

Rain smiled as the leader of the pack came to his aid. When she asked if everything was alright he saw Lux's tail wag softly, a sign that everything might work out. "Yes everything is quite alright. I am just looking for a home for me and my daughter. My name is Rain Marks and this is my daughter Lux. We are merchants looking for a new family," he said shifting to his secui form and bowing to her, keeping his form low. He submitted to her and hoped that she would accept them into her pack. Lux had been alone for far too long for him to not find her a family.

Lux rubbed Russell's head softly as the fox pups woke. She picked them up and pulled them close, their little bodies wanting the warmth and comfort only a female could give them. She looked at the woman and smiled softly, her tail wagging in hopes of being part of a pack again. She wanted to much to belong to a pack, to a family and after Quintus and her Ma left her and her father, she had felt that something was missing. She wanted to protect and feel apart of something. She looked at the woman and attempted to speak. "Fa...family... I...wa...want family," she whispered softly
    [html]
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... forget.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: :c Im sorry for my tardiness. This will go a lot faster, I assure you Smile And she is alright as an NPC

Wanderers were not rare, but a treat none the less for the helpful eye to behold. As one would assess what harm had befallen a victim, so did the female immediate begin her silent inquisition of the small group. Quietly she walked around them and their steed. Her nose quivered to the scent of the wild coupled with the gradually enveloping vulpine scent. But it was not stale with death, but alive as her eyes came to behold the tiny pair nestled within the female’s arms. The reason for this alone was intriguing, but not so much so as the mixed female set atop the horse.

Looking from male to female, there was little similarity due to such a pronounced exhibition of the coyote features that dominated her face. And yet… the male had called her ‘daughter’ earning a curious tilt of the head from the autumn wolf. A surrogate relationship perhaps? What constituted meaningful bonds to the creatures of this land were still lost on her to an extent, but not to the point she could not adapt. If this was his daughter in his mends, then who was she to argue with this logic?

As he renounced his bipedal form and joined her on the ground, she shared with Rain a look of surprise to his request. “A family?” her words echoed her thoughts simultaneously as again she looked from the male head of this small band to his daughter. Smoothly, she returned across the boundary line with the end of her inspection and sat upon folded haunches. “In truth, many wanderers do not request something of the like unless they have travelled far and for a great length of time.” Concern creased her brows. “Can this be said of you? …or do you wish a new path along this one you have taken…?”

305 words.

[/html]
    OCC: Writers block

Rain lifted himself some to address her. "We have come a long way. I myself have been though many packs. Aniwaya while they were at war. I admit I was on the wrong side of that war. I used to live in Anathema. I found my mate there but left to trade in the states. After I came back... She left me and Lux and went back to Anathema. I was in Casa for a while but it didn't feel like a home for me. I am doing this for Lux. Not for myself. I want to protect and make something of myself. Lux needs stability and a place to call her home," he said softly looking at Lux who's tail wagged softly.

He didn't want to let her down. Lux looked down at the fox pups and hoped for a family of her own. She didn't think of herself beautiful. She hoped to settle down with someone but she knew she wasn't like the wolves she lived with. She wanted a pack, some place to call her own. A purpose. "Plea.... please..." she whispered softly
    [html]
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ndrops.png); background-color:#d9d3cd; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

Her ears were patiently trained on the lead of the small family, absorbing his story with the intention of fabricating a mental image of the life and trials this young family endured. For a wolf, she was quite migratory, but then he had introduced himself as a merchant of sorts. From what she understood of that lot, it was not uncommon to move from place to place, like the Nomads but with the purpose of exchanging wares as opposed to shifting camping grounds during allotting seasons. She could only imagine the emotional strain it had caused on his family, parting only to return to a home lacking a mate. But her façade was not of pity, but of quiet assessment, listening and weighing above all else.

Anathema and Casa raised her brows with interest as it had been a while since she heard the familiar names of those packs. In her mind’s eye, she recalled Alaki and his mouthy companion and the company of birds that had accompanied them on their meeting. And in thinking of Casa, she thought of Jazper, the towering Knight her eyes had long since seen and whom a part of her heart missed dearly. He had been kind to allow her time within the stone walls of his domain, but it was a shame she could not return the favor at the time. Perhaps in due time the kindred spirits would be joined again in elatedly, to rekindle that excitement found in another that held similar soul. But it would be by the will of her ancestors, when they felt the time was opportune.

Her thoughts had strayed only a little ways, but managed to bring her back to the inquisition at hand. Eventually he confessed his purpose here was for the young female for a reason the Issor could only assume was to give the youth purpose. It was a kind intention, but not without its drawbacks. The history of coming and going lead the Alphess to believe that the male before her would do just the same. To travel with business was different but to leave with an ulterior purpose was an aspect this family did not stand for. However…

“Sangi’lak can be a home to the both of you… but not without abiding by the expectations of its members. We are a family, and intend to keep the dynamic as such. No one member is exempt from their responsibilities and must actively partake to ensure the family can prosper as a whole.” The woman raised her paw, then set it down hard in emphasis that these expectations were non-negotiable. “Regardless of your position in the family, you may be called to hunt not just for yourself, but for us all. You are asked to get to know your family members, to bond with them and train with them to better your natural skills so that you will be able to protect them as well as yourself. And above all…” Passively her gaze swept over the faces of the small family, even to the cubs nestled against the young female. “…you care for your family above all else. Sangi’lak is that family. Can you… and will you uphold these expectations?”

537 words.

[/html]
    Rain shook his head yes. He looked over at Lux who was also shaking her head yes. Nothing would hinder their need for a pack to serve and what the leader was looking for was just what they wanted. "Do not worry Alphess. I am tired of my way of life as a merchant. I will not abandon my pack for the sake of trading. We both have come too far and are too weary to keep on the way we do. You have my word and my daughters. We will be loyal to you and your pack," he said with pride. He had much to offer this pack with his craftsmanship and hunting skills. Lux was good at fighting and hunting even if she did have a speech problem.

"I hope to find rank among your people and help in anyway possible. I have skills as a craftsmen and a hunter. My daughter is a warrior at heart. We can offer a lot to the pack and plan on showing you just what we are made of. Please... Just let us stay," he whispered as Lux tended to the fox pups, feeding them milk they had acquired on their trip.
    [html]

Welcome to Sangi'lak!

Cast aside your title as Wanderer and embrace the name of Nomad.

Please rest your paws upon these lands and come to call it home. You have been welcomed into Sangi'lak as part of our Family and we hope to see you flourish within it. But first...

• As a Prospective member, you are encouraged to learn our CULTURE and bond with your fellow members to earn renown among them.
    • Be sure to read through the EXPECTATIONS to learn immediate ways you can earn your TROPHIES and ascend through the ranks.
    • And above all else, do your best to uphold the pack creed; "FAMILY ABOVE ALL ELSE". Do what you can for your fellow member and surely the aid will be returned to you in time.

If you or your character are having trouble acclimating to pack life, please don't hesitate to let the Leaders know and we will accommodate you to the best of our abilities.

Again, welcome to your new home! We are all excited to RP with you! So get your first thread up soon!!! Big Grin

[/html]