Hearts and Hooves
[html]

Thanks for the thread! =)

Word Count → 563

Hati Catori was at the stables again, finding himself drawn irresistibly to the warm scents of hay bales and horsehide. Since his first riding lesson with Alder and the mighty Hawthorn, Hati's confidence had grown a little, and he was visiting more and more frequently. He still did not have a horse of his very own, though, and he was beginning to chafe under all the bragging his brother did about the lovely mare Hwin. Still, he didn't feel right asking Alder or his father for his own horse until he knew how to properly ride horseback, so he would have to be patient and continue practicing on the stable's communal horses, namely Jolie.

The midnight-furred wolfdog padded lightly through the barn, hoping to catch sight of Alder today. But the stablemaster was out, presumably riding, and it seemed all the horses were out grazing as well, judging by the empty stalls. It was midday and the sun was high in the sky, early summer warmth making the air pleasant if a bit humid. Hati emerged from the gloom of the stable, bright light momentarily blinding. He blinked rapidly, pale eyes watering as he raised his arm to shade them. He was growing more accustomed to the dark of night, but horses were diurnal, so he would have to tread both worlds as he matured. The fenced pasture was nearby, the dappled herd gathered to graze peacefully or nap under the warm sunlight.

Hati's eyes slowly adjusted to the bright outdoors, and he observed that the paddock's water trough was nearly empty. Obediently, the youth ducked back into the stables to find a metal bucket, hanging on the wall near the saddles and bridles. He carried it outside for a short walk, locating the river they used to cool down the horses on days like this one. He knelt to fill it with the cool water, hoisting it up with a bit of difficulty. His youthful frame did not have much strength to it, and he had not been shifting long enough to build any muscles. A determined look settled on his face, and he gritted his teeth, carrying the heavy bucket back up the slope towards the pasture. It sloshed water on his feet with each step he took, but it could not be helped. The horses would get dehydrated, and Alder was not in to tend to them. Hati had too great a sense of responsibility to simply wait for someone else to do it.

Finally he arrived at the fence, clambering awkwardly over the wooden slats of the enclosure, and then stretched his arms underneath to drag the water bucket through. He hoisted the rusty handle up again, laboriously carrying it to its final destination, where he dumped it in the trough. The fresh water spilled into the basin, the noise attracting several of the more outgoing horses. Hati leaned against the trough to catch his breath, sweat beading up on his nosetip. He was trying to pick up more chores around the stables, with the hope that his presence would endear him to some of the horses that resided there, and he might meet the one that would become his partner. So far the herd mostly regarded the quiet wolfdog with indifference, so he had a long way to go to build the kind of rapport that Alder had.

<style>
.hati {background-image:url(http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p292 ... ntable.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#9B8C7B; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:270px 0px 5px 0px; color:#000000; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; border:2px solid #FFFFFF;}
.hati b {color:#FFFFFF;}
.hati p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.hati p.ooc {font-style:italic;}
.hati .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #FFFFFF; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
CSS inspired by Cait and Raze! Stock photo credit: http://slime-stock.deviantart.com/

[/html]
[html]
Sorry that I couldn't match your length. :c I've wrote like four or five threads at the stables already xD

Silvano put the colt through his paces, standing in the middle of the circular pen they used for gait practices and riding training. Heritage was doing quite good, especially with the vocal commands that Liliana had taught him before her unfortunate accident. He clicked his tongue and the colt sped up a bit, turning along his lead with practiced ease. The strap underneath his belly slapped against him a bit every time he stepped along, breath easy. Today was one of the days that Silvano had decided to get the colt trained with the saddle properly. Honestly, it was not so bad, since the colt had some experience with saddles and had gone through various types of back coverings for half a year. Hell, Heritage helped them cart their things from Crimson Dreams to this new place.

He uttered a phrase in the language Liliana had used to help train them, and Heritage began a loping gait. His legs gracefully bounced him up and down the circular path, shaking his head like the proud creature he was. The pacing was not hard yet, and the man flicked the reins a bit and called again, sending the colt running. The pace was not as fast as a straight run could have been but it was still pretty good, showing the colt's good control of his thick body. Though young, the budding stallion was heavy set with a draft horse's build. Granted, no one knew what his parents had been, save for the mother, but the father had to have been a large thing. But Heritage was tired with the full sized saddle on his back and a morning of being put through his paces so hard.

Sweating and tired, Silvano lead the colt back to the stable for a quick brush down to get rid of the sweat on his coat. Clean and lightly fed, Heritage nibbled tiredly at the man's shoulder before nudging his elbow. Taking the colt by the lead, he went to the fenced in pasture. Opening the bolt and taking off the lead, Silvano nudged Heritage into the pasture. Nodding his head, the colt bobbed into the pasture and headed straight to the trough for water. Silvano glanced at the younger male leaning against the trough, with an empty bucket. So he had clearly brought some water, but the trough seemed a bit on the low side. "Do you need help?"

<style type="text/css">
.silmarc2-box {width:259px;height:323px;float:right;}
.silmarc2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f8eed7; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; }
.silmarc2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.silmarc2 {margin:0 auto; width:90%; max-width:700px; background-color:#c2a070; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BgVET.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #623117; padding: 10px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#623117; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style> [/html]
[html]

Ahh my post lengths are really inconsistent, don't ever fret about matching them. xD You'll make me look bad. Also I was jealous of your pretty horse table so I made one for me??

Word Count → 428

Hati slowly caught his breath, rubbing the ache in his shoulder he earned from carrying the bucket uphill. He needed to toughen up if he wanted to be of use around the horses; they were all so large, and the chores required strength to complete adequately. The time he spent reading his books was not doing his body any favors, even if it helped him hone his knowledge of the animals. He did not want Alder to see him as a child. He blinked in surprise, noticing one horse heading straight for the trough. The wolfdog edged subtly to one side, giving the young stallion ample space to take his drink. The chestnut horse seemed worn out, though recently groomed, so the dark sweat did not stain his hide as some of the other horses in the pasture were showing. Hesitantly, Hati reached out his hand, attempting to pat the sorrel colt on the neck, something he had learned on Hawthorn.

It was then the colt's trainer addressed him, surprising him from his respite. Hati stared at the dark-mottled wolf standing head and shoulders taller than him. For once, his sharp mind drew a blank; he did not know the male's name, and memorizing the names and ranks of his packmates was something the studious prince took pride in. That meant the male was a newer member, one who kept to himself... could he be one of the refugees from the disbandment of the Crimson Dreams pack? Yes, Lottie had been with their father when he accepted several of their allies last month, and she had been overjoyed to share the story of the charismatic young couple and their handsome horse. Alas, the name was beyond his powers of recollection, and he had to admit defeat despite how close he had gotten.

Straightening his posture, Hati attempted to look presentable, quickly brushing the stable dust from his midnight fur. "Ah... yes, the water trough is almost empty, and the stablemaster is out. I was just trying to help, but the bucket was heavier than I expected..." His excuse sounded weak in even his ears, and he frowned, pale eyes registering disdain. He shouldn't ask someone he had never met before for help with a simple chore, regardless of how muscular they may be. "My name is Hati Catori, son of the king Vigilante Haskel. I believe you met my sister Charlotte, but she didn't happen to mention your name..." He extended his hand in greeting the way he had been taught, hoping he could salvage his first impression.

<style>
.hati {background-image:url(http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p292 ... ntable.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#9B8C7B; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:270px 0px 5px 0px; color:#000000; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; border:2px solid #FFFFFF;}
.hati .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #FFFFFF; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
CSS inspired by Cait and Raze! Stock photo credit: http://slime-stock.deviantart.com/

[/html]
[html]
Alli made it for meeeee. And that sounds good to me! Big GrinDD

Heritage let the younger male pet him, seemingly much more complacent now that he had his exercise for the day. He quietly let the strange boy, though not so strange for he had seen him taking care of other horses and the stables. But perhaps it was simply because his lips were deep in the trough, taking a drink from the freshly pulled water. It was scarce and he had to share, so he pulled out his head and whinnied into two males' general direction with agitation in his eyes.

Silvano glanced at the boy with the bucket, wondering why he only took one at a time. Two would be faster, for sure. Perhaps he was not quite as strong as he should be? Another glance at the trough showed it was almost empty, and the bucket had at least given the water a slightly raised notch in the depths. However, for the amount of horses put to pasture here, it was too little. They might have to consider making a channel for the water from the source, so that a small pond could collect in the pen. That was something he could talk to the leader about, surely?

The Sadira smiled, taking the young man's hand in response. He shook it as he had been taught and pulled it away to put his hands in his pockets. "I'm Silvano, and I'm surprised your sister said little else. She certainly liked my horse well enough," he said with a sigh, jutting his thumb in the direction of his demanding colt. Heritage blew air out his nose, then stamped a leg. He was getting agitated, and he still looked thirsty. "Would you like some help? I think my master here demands I get more water for his royal stomach."

<style type="text/css">
.silmarc2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f8eed7; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; }
.silmarc2 {margin:0 auto; width:90%; max-width:700px; background-color:#c2a070; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BgVET.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #623117; padding: 10px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#623117; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style> [/html]
[html]

Of course, Alli makes all my favorite tables! xD

Word Count → 428

The horse allowed Hati to touch him, his hide warm from the sun and the physical exertion he must have completed. Hati quietly marveled at the thick muscles rippling beneath the skin as the colt drank, petting him gingerly until he pulled back. The horse whinnied, a loud sound when he was so close, causing Hati to flinch a little. It was obvious the young wolfdog did not have a lot of hands-on experience with equines, though just as obvious that he loved being around them.

The older male accepted his handshake, his grip firm and friendly. Hati felt a small inward sigh of relief now that his introduction had been accepted, though his formal demeanor remained. "Avec plaisir, Silvano. I trust the Court has been treating you and your mate well? Lottie was far too busy telling me all about your noble steed to mention much else. I see she wasn't exaggerating, he is quite majestic." All three littermates loved horses, a byproduct of growing up in the Court where their stables were a source of pride. Nearly all of their members knew how to ride, and it seemed more common for them each to own their own mount than it was not to. Skoll had his own mare already, but Hati and Charlotte were still waiting. Hati smiled in admiration of Silvano's mount, jumping a little when the horse suddenly stamped his hoof down, and assumed a very demanding pose. The youth stepped quickly to Silvano's side, not wanting to incite the colt's temper by his proximity.

"I don't want the herd to get dehydrated. Erm, if you don't mind, some assistance would make the job go faster... There are more buckets inside the barn, and we can walk down the hill to the river and carry it back. I was just taking a little break," he added, setting his ears back apprehensively. He didn't want to seem lazy, asking his packmate to work when he was lounging around doing nothing. He quickly grabbed the bucket from where it was resting in the grass, darting to the paddock gate and hoping the dark-furred male would follow him. Taking charge was distressing to Hati, but he was trying to become more assertive as he grew into adulthood. Silvano was new to the pack, which meant he did not see Hati as a pup like many of the long term residents did. It was a chance for him to step up and show his maturity, even if the moment had already been sullied by his need for help.

<style>

</style>
CSS inspired by Cait and Raze! Stock photo credit: slime-stock@deviantart

[/html]
[html]
Of course she does, hehehe <3

Silvano shrugged a little bit, rolling his shoulders. "It's still taking some getting used to. I was born in Crimson Dreams and stayed there until it.. broke up. So, it's hard getting used to a new place without any of my family nearby," he said gently, careful to tailor everything for a younger mind. The young man complimented the growing stallion, though the colt did not seem to be in the mood to care at all. All the noise and attitude seemed to worry Hati, who suddenly rushed to the older man's side. Silvano eyed him, patting him on the shoulder gently, then he glared at the colt. Heritage did nothing but glare back, snorting in his general direction. "Don't mind him, he's just turning the royalty attitude on. He's just being grumpy because he's thirsty." Heritage shook his head and looked away, seemingly peeved.

It would be good to do some more work for the stables, to repay keeping his growing colt there. Even as the Sadira nodded, the younger male had already rushed off with his metal bucket to the paddock's gate. "How many trips do you figure we'll need to take?" he asked, answering his question with ease as he followed the young man. It didn't seem like it would be too many with two people working and a few more buckets per trip. The trough was not too big and it would surely be quick. Hopefully. "We really need to consider digging a pond or something; this is just silliness. It'd be less work for us and give more time for other things." Inside the stables, he picked up two of the metal buckets, knowing that one was too light for him and it was still pretty heavy for the younger male. "We'll get it done quickly," he said encouragingly, letting Hati lead him to the river so that they could fill up the buckets. "You love horses, too. Your sister seemed to, too," he said, stating the obvious lightly.

<style type="text/css">
</style> [/html]
[html]

8)

Word Count → 535

Silvano's words tugged at his heartstrings. Hati had been born here in the kingdom of the Cour des Miracles, and all of his family was here as well -- from his oldest siblings to his little niece and nephew, the littermates he spent every moment of his childhood with, and of course his mother and father. He could not even fathom what a blow it would be if his home dissolved the way Silvano's had, everyone he ever knew scattering to the winds. How horrible. He had not considered it from that point of view before, and it was startling. "I am so sorry for your loss," he said gravely, genuinely upset. His ears fell back, and he continued quietly, "You can stay here as long as you want, though, we'll be here forever." His arched tail swayed slowly with what he hoped were words of reassurance. He firmly believed it; nothing could shake this pack, especially not with his father as the King. And Hati would never leave them, his loyalty was unshakeable. "If you need help with anything, you can ask me. I'll do my best."

He felt Silvano's hand on his shoulder and relaxed imperceptibly, though he was more relieved when they started moving together away from the unhappy colt. He silently promised to return soon and make it better; the horse's discomfort made Hati uneasy, even if Silvano assured him it was not serious. "It shouldn't take many trips with your assistance. A pond would be a good idea, but you'd have to ask Alder about that, he's the Marshall in charge of everything here." There was a note of admiration in his voice, the overt respect he had for the tall coywolf. He hoped Alder would be happy that he and Silvano helped out. They padded from the barn toward the river, a short walk under the warm sun.

"Yes, I like horses a lot," he answered quickly, smiling to himself as he echoed words he had spoken before. He dipped the bucket into the clear running water, waiting for his packmate to do the same as he spoke. "So do my brother and sister. Someday I want to find a horse to be my partner... How did you find your stallion?" he asked, intent on hearing the story. He did not know where his future horse would come from, whether they would be in the wild and their paths would cross by sheer luck, if they belonged to another pack and had to be bought or traded for, or any of the other stories he had dutifully committed to memory. Maybe his horse had not been born yet, and he could help raise them and forge the strongest bond possible. He had been thinking about it frequently, every time he was drawn to the stables. He was patient and used to waiting longer than his siblings for good things, but he could not keep that little glimmer of hope from rising in his chest every time he saw the dappled herd out in that pasture, or the long muzzles peeking out curiously over stall doors. Surely one of them, one day, would have that special quality that spoke to him.

<style>

</style>

[/html]
[html]
I decided i needed a new table hehe
wordcount ► 545

Silvano put on a brave smile, though in his heart he truly missed his family. His mother's wisdom and strength, his father's support, his sisters' love. He missed it all, but there was nothing to do. He would not go to Italy with Giselle, especially with her pregnant. The journey might kill her, or the children, especially if she delivered on the ship. That was no place to begin a family. No, if they ever left, it would be after the children had grown older and stronger and could survive a voyage to the European continent. "Oh, it's alright. I'm glad to have a place to go to, especially one just as strong as home. Plenty of new family to make here," he said, optimistic. Granted, he also spoke of the pups on the way that would begin his own family. His mother as his guide, he could not fail. Silvano bobbed his head at the young man's kindness, smiling gratefully at him. "Thank you, I'll certainly take you up on that offer one day."

Between the two of them, it definitely wouldn't take long at all. But the pond was still a good idea. "Alder? You mean Anu's son? He's the Marshall?" he asked, turning to the younger male in surprise. Alder was younger than him and he had established himself so well in the Court. Hopefully Alder would remember the ties they might have once shared when he gave him his idea for a pond. Alder might appreciate it, and Silvano would be happy to find himself a 'cousin' of sorts in the Kingdom. "I haven't spoken with him in so long," he mused, rather quietly. He had entirely forgotten that one of Anu's sons remained here. How could he forget something like this? Foolish, he was.

The youth dipped his bucket into the river, and Silvano joined him. He stepped into the cool water and bent over carefully. He was far too tall to crouch by the water's side, but he dipped both buckets into the water, letting the liquid lap into the metal container. The water splashed onto his fingers and he smiled as he pulled up the sloshing water, two heavy pails in his arms. "It's.. an interesting story," he began, heading back up to the pasture, careful to keep the water in the buckets. "He was born during the blizzard last year, so he's a pretty special guy. And he knows it too, smarmy bastard," he said, shaking his head at his colt's brashness.

"But I wanted a horse like my father's and he took me to the Tribe. We met with Liliana, who was in charge of the horses. She offered the horse, and I accepted." Silvano's eyes grew dark as he entered the paddock gate, and poured the first of his buckets into the trough. Heritage gazed silently at his master before turning to the water. "Then the war came, Liliana's family came here and Heritage came with. Then Liliana .. had an accident and this guy was left to my care." Silvano patted the horse's nose, feeling a little sad for the loss of such a great horsewoman.

Photo taken by Luana. Table style inspired by Kitty.

<style>
.silv_01 {padding:5px 0px 115px 0px; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TNRWU.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#f5fbf9; border: 1px solid #b8d7d3; font-family:verdana;font-size:11px; line-height:13px;}
.silv_01 .inner {margin:0 15px; padding: 5px 4px 0px 4px;text-align:justify;}
.silv_01b {width:502px; border: 1px solid #51704f; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.silv_01 .ooc {text-align:left; color:#51704f; font-size:10px; border-bottom:1px dashed #021d3c; }
.silv_01 .wc {color:#51704f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; text-align:right; padding:0px 15px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 0px 10px 5px;}
.silv_01 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;color:#1b5c28;}
.silv_01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#1b5921;}
p.strel01_credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;color:#000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Ahh it's pretty, I love the color scheme! <3

Word Count → 547

"I hope you do," the wolfdog responded in gratitude. Hati was pleased; Silvano had accepted his offer of help, and that made them friends. He hoped he could be of actual use to the mottled wolf, and reciprocate his assistance today in some way. Hati didn't have many friends since his life was so family-centric -- almost everyone he knew here in the kingdom was related to him, and it made him anxious to try and reach out to those that were not. Today was a marked victory.

Hati didn't know whose son Alder was, and he had not really considered where Alder had come from. Everyone came from somewhere else if they had not been born in the Court like he had, but they all seemed like such permanent fixtures in his mind since he had grown up with them. "Alder, he's really tall, with a black mask marking over his eyes...? He's amazing with horses, he's teaching me how to ride." The obvious reverence in his voice grew; Alder was everything he wanted to be, strong and confident and talented. "You two were packmates before, and now you are again?" He asked with a smile, pleased that they could have a reunion. Perhaps Silvano would not be lonely if he had more friends from Crimson Dreams. Surely Alder would be happy to see him again. Hati found himself lost in thought as they began the trek uphill, his tired arms swinging the bucket a little too much, sloshing some water on his feet.

The war. Silvano did not have to elaborate on what war that was; the conflict with the Tribe had deeply affected both of their homes, leading them to an alliance. Ripples spread further than the actual battles and injuries sustained; Hati and his siblings had been born amidst the strife, and their father the King was called away when they were days old. He eventually returned to them unscathed, and tried to make up for lost time, but his absence during their development had affected Hati in particular; he found his father to be intimidating and difficult to approach, a stranger at first, and he clung to his mother's soothing influence instead of trying to reach out to both parents. He was aware of what caused their rift, but he did not feel comfortable trying to forge a new bond or repairing their old one. He frowned, troubled by this. Every family had their issues to deal with.

Reaching their destination, he hoisted the bucket into the trough, dumping his remaining water with a splash. Satisfied that he had helped, he let his mulling thoughts process the male's story. The blizzard must have been before he was born, so the chestnut horse was older than him. "So he came from AniWaya stock... Are all their horses as beautiful as Heritage?" Hati asked seriously, watching as Silvano patted the colt's nose. He was understandably nervous when it came to the tribal folk, but he had been reassured that they were peaceful now, and had overturned the warmonger leader. If their herd was that majestic, perhaps it would be worth visiting them and trying to strike up a deal the way Silvano and his father had done. Maybe he could find his special horse...

<style>

</style>

[/html]
[html]
thank you <3 sorry for the wait, was struggling for muse for a few days
wordcount ► 369

Silvano's eyes narrowed as the description was rambled off to him. It was not in a negative way, but he was simply concentrating hard on the image of Alder. It had been so long and they had been young. And he had been so preoccupied with his love life that he had failed to notice the comings and goings of his 'cousins'. After all, he had been months old when Alder and his brothers had been born, but they had grown up at the same time. Perhaps Artemis knew them better? She was always closer with people than he and Parker had ever been.

"Alder.. yes. That sounds so familiar, i think you're right. That's definitely him," he said at last, smiling and eyes returning from their narrowed size. He had caught the reverence in the youth's voice and smiled. Alder made something of himself here and he felt a brother's affection for his success, though he knew it was silly, considering they had never been close and had probably not talked very much at all. But he was a fellow Dreamer, perhaps only by Anu's blood, but that was all that mattered. "But yes, we used to be packmates. He was born a few months after my siblings, if I remember right."

Heritage nudged him, a deep rumble of assurance, as though he knew exactly what he was thinking about. The colt had been close to Liliana, but she had also been the one to help deliver him and help to nurse him, and raise him. She had been a second mother for him, and then he got Silvano as a caretaker and he was stuck with a sub-par babysitter. "I think his mother was wild. Liliana didn't tell who the father was but..," he trailed off with a final pat to the horse's shoulder, and then the creature began to drink anew. "They had some beautiful creatures. You should definitely go to see, but talk to your father; he could help you with the trade." Silvano stepped away from the trough, picking up the buckets. "What would you like to do with a horse if you got one?"

<style>
.silv_01 {padding:5px 0px 115px 0px; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TNRWU.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#f5fbf9; border: 1px solid #b8d7d3; font-family:verdana;font-size:11px; line-height:13px;}
.silv_01b {width:502px; border: 1px solid #51704f; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.silv_01 .ooc {text-align:left; color:#51704f; font-size:10px; border-bottom:1px dashed #021d3c; }
.silv_01 .wc {color:#51704f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; text-align:right; padding:0px 15px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 0px 10px 5px;}
.silv_01 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;color:#1b5c28;}
p.strel01_credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;color:#000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

That was no wait at all! xD Silly~

Word Count → 411

"You're older than him..." Hati mused, mildly surprised. Silvano was tall and hard-muscled, clearly looking the part of a fit and competent adult. It wasn't that he seemed younger, it was just that Alder seemed older than he really was; he cast such an air of maturity and patience, it was as though he had a wise old soul. Again Hati was reminded that he did not know much about his packmates past their names and ranks, which was not such useful information when it came to meeting them face to face. "Does that mean you played together when you were little?" he asked with a wave of his tail, intent on learning more about the former Dreamers. "How long has it been since you last saw each other?"

Heritage seemed to take part in the conversation, nudging against his wolf partner before lowering his head to drink. Hati smiled at the colt, pleased to see the results of their labor paying off already. The stamping of the hooves, the agitated whinnying, it had already dissipated. "I... I suppose I could ask Father... if he's not too busy," he said softly, ears falling back. It was hard to approach the King. He and his father were both private, solemn creatures, and things were very formal between them. Perhaps later, once he was confident in his ability to ride and care for a horse, then he would be able to ask for that favor.

Silvano posed a question he had not really considered before: what would he do once he found his horse? He wanted one so much, and yet he had not planned much of anything. It did not take him long to find the answer, though. He scooped up his emptied bucket and began the trek again. The chores were more fun with someone to talk to. "I'd spend all my time with that horse, until we were best friends," he said sincerely. It wasn't transportation or entertainment he wanted, it was the bond of a companion animal. Niro and his golden eagle had that bond, as did Alder and his shire stallion. Hati had never been that close to anyone -- perhaps his mother, but he could feel her subtly pushing him to stand on his own as he grew older. He did not have a first crush yet, or anyone he felt close enough to confide in, but he knew a horse would fill that void for him.

<style>

</style>

[/html]
[html]
poo.. i lost muse and tomorrow is the bf's bday xD;; better get something out before then
wordcount ► 388

Silvano shrugged, dismissing the question with that roll of his shoulders. He did not really know how long it had been since he had seen the horse-loving man, though he knew it would be soon enough that he would see him again himself. It would be nice to see some family home and he smiled at the thought of it, too. It would have to wait, of course, but that was beside the point. Maybe they could share a moment like he remembered sharing a drink with the man in question's brother, Oak. Where was he now that the Dreamers were gone? Where was the third brother, Cypress? Silvano had not looked back when he left with Giselle, though perhaps he ought to have gathered the two of them to live here.

The two walked back to the stream side and the man nodded as he listened, smiling at the younger man's innocence. "That's admirable." He had, initially, wanted Heritage as his own because he envied his father's relationship with his horse. Of course, he had loved the animal from a young age, before he really even should have been on it. Only being taken to the Tribe had been a true joy for him, for he had seen the horse who would be his closest friend. He had been just as precocious then, too, he remembered. Heritage had been even tempered but still cocky enough to spark a lot of interest in the boy. It wasn't until the war did he realize he would have to raise the colt to hep with battles. If Giselle was ever separated with him or forced to flee with Heritage, he wanted to know the horse would do all he could to protect her.

"You'll probably want a foal then. But it'll be a lot harder to train and raise it. But it'll love you to pieces. Heritage may be all huff and puff but he is one of my closest companions." Perhaps Alder would have a mare in heat sometime this winter and a stallion available to stud. There were plenty of stallions, he had noticed. "Talk to Alder, he may be able to help a foal come into your future. I'm sure there are plenty of fertile mares here."

<style>
</style>
[/html]