No promises to keep
[html]
I need new tables, blahblaah. Also have permission from Shaw about Niro reading the note.

A letter had come to the Court, from the Tribe. There was nothing familiar with the scrawl on the paper and he had sought Niro. The man was reliable, that was for sure. The last note he had read for the tailor had been sad and worrisome, though this one was more troubling than anything else. He had sat on that note for a good long while, letting the information stew. Niro had read him the note and Strel's jaw had clenched instantly. It was so strange, though he could understand why the boy had pushed him away. Ahiga did not appreciate his family abandoning him, and he was clearly still hurting about it all. But he was pushing away the only person who knew exactly how he felt, and was angry at the same people. It confused him, but he could understand it at the core.

Ahiga was young still, and it was all probably confusing. He was a child growing into adult without the guidance of someone who had been through it all. Strel might not have been anyone's ideal role model or the first person that they would go to for advice, but who else did Ahiga happen to have? And Sebastian? That worried him more. Having met the man, and seen his strangely sexual yet not paintings, Strel did not think that Ahiga new what he was getting himself into. The easy way the man had flirted at the caravan's visit did not spell a man reserved with his affections. Any parent would worry for a son with such a man. And since Ahiga lacked that, maybe the Dauphin was the next best thing. Someone had to look out for him, young as he was.

He decided that he had to talk to the boy. He said not to worry or visit, but Strel knew better. There was probably plenty that Strel could do for him, if Ahiga let him. He left the Court around noon and managed to make it to Casa by evening. It had been a good trek for him, considering he hoofed it on two legs and took enough breaks. He did not want to seem remotely sweaty and disheveled, even if he really was. At the borders, he called out for his once-nephew, waiting with a rather weary look about him. If he had a horse, it might be different. But he and horses were not friends. Regardless, he waited on the edge, well aware of the etiquette here.

<style>
.starsky .ooc {font-style:italic;text-align:center; padding:60px 20px 5px 20px;color:#786762; }
.starsky p {padding:3px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:20px;}
.starsky b {color:#786762; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#3a1504 0em .1em 0em; }
.starsky .line1 {width:150px; border-bottom:1px solid #4e4e4e; margin:0 auto 3px auto; padding:5px 0px 0px 0px;}
.starsky {background-color:#000000; background-image: url(http://i.imgur.com/XPcjE.png), url(http://i.imgur.com/Souo1.jpg); background-position:bottom center, top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4e4e4e; font-family: tahoma, serif; font-size:13px; color:#4e4e4e; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.starsky-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.starsky .inner {margin:0px 15px 70px 15px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/mfqyi.png); border:1px solid #4e4e4e; border-radius:10px;-moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count ::524 Lots of pointless babble and nonsense, don't mind me <3

Life had fallen back into a silent repetition of doing the minimal amount of tasks each day, scraping by just enough so that he was doing his share within the pack without throwing himself into anything in particular; really it wasn't all that much different from his life within the tribe with how the lad formed a wall around himself and refused to let others in. Although in some aspects he had improved, no longer living and hiding along the borders the moon coloured youth lived in a more social area, surrounded by strangers he called pack and yet he couldn't put a name to any of the faces.

None of this was intentional of course, the goal of changing himself and disposing of his damaged past had been ideal, a plausible idea that he would love to achieve, even if it was currently posing as a difficult task. Giving his initial plans more thought, leaving the tribe was nothing more then a start by separating himself from the memories that haunted him, moving to Sebastian’s pack he hadn't done anything else to change, holding his isolated ways close to his heart.

Running his hands over Buck he grabbed the stallions, eyes flicking over to the adjourning stool where Damini happily munched away, ignorant to the Fiera's presence as the mare so typically was. Rolling his eyes at the mares indifference he lead Buck out of the stables and fort, mounting up and pressing the buckskins side, a sense of calm settling over him to be riding once more. Buck was one of the few constants in his life that asked nothing of him and had yet to betray him.

Delving deeper into the more lush parts of the packs territory a call echoed through the lands, not too far away from him but still a distance off. Easing the stallion to a slow walk he frowned, low grumbling sounds rumbling in his throat as he connected the voice to the owner, no doubt about who was being called as much as he wished he had misheard the summons.

Tempted as he was to ignore the red head male who from the looks of it got his letter and had chosen to ignore it's contents, manners had been drilled into him whether he liked it or not. Unable to ignore the summons he promptly eased Buck into a faster pace, cursing under his breath the entire way to the border.

When the male came into sight his eyes flashed dangerously, nostrils flaring as he yanked back on the reigns, Buck rearing a little before stomping the ground abit and falling still. “What part of do not come did you not understand?” surprisingly his voice came out rather level in comparison to the irritation pulsing through him. “What do you want Strel? I thought I made it more then clear enough not to seek me out again and yet, here you are” hands tightened upon the reigns he held, the lad opting not to dismount for her had better control of his temper mounted then he did not, a frown clearly burrowing upon his face.

Photo courtesy of KilljoyDivine

<style>
.KMTT_AhigaOH p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT_AhigaOH b {font-family:verdana; color:#cdd0c9; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#151615 1px 1px 2px;}
.KMTT_AhigaOH {background-color:#191921; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#adb1a5; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/1783/ahigatab3.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:346px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT_AhigaOH .inner {margin:0 18px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT_AhigaOH .ooc {text-align:right; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
it's good <3 I like eet

He found himself a stump and sat down on it, his entire frame happy for the reprieve from standing. He leaned back, hands on the stump's edge as he peered into the interior of the pack. Strel had never been to Casa's borders, nor had he visited the pack at all. He had been too busy during the formation of Casa to bother visiting, and he had been in no state to bother going anywhere lately. But this was something that he had to do, and he did it without much second thought. It was important that he do this, for his conscience's sake, as well as to know he had done his duty to his former mate's relatives. So he sat, pulling a leg over the other so he could bob it as he waited. No doubt the other man did not want to see him and it was likely that the youth would stay away.

Lavender eyes spied what he thought they would not see. Widening those eyes, the Dauphin rose to his feet with fluid ease, though he could hear his joints crack here and there. He stood himself up to all seven some feet, back straight and head held high. There was no way this stubborn young man was going to see some old dodger at the borders. Ahiga was mounted upon a horse, and Strel could see the anger in the young man's eyes. Of course he'd be angry. Any youth would be angry when an elder ignored their wishes. Plenty of times he had told his mother to leave him alone, and she never did. Why would he, too? If the horse was meant to be a fear tactic, it didn't work. Though, the Dauphin still took a step back just in case those hooves landed on his toes. Broken toes would not make a walk home easy.

There was a look of mild interest at the anger Ahiga spouted, though Strel shook his head slightly at him. "You told me to stay away, yes, but that doesn't quite stop one from worrying about you, does it?" He crossed his arms over his chest and eyed the pumice colored youth. Nothing seemed all that different about him. "Besides, you would never have sent me a note, telling me where you were if you didn't really want me to visit." He had not brought the note, but it would have been nice to wave before Ahiga's stubborn face. "But what little you did say in that note worried me. You were always the rash one, Ahiga."

<style>
.starsky .ooc {font-style:italic;text-align:center; padding:60px 20px 5px 20px;color:#786762; }
.starsky p {padding:3px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:20px;}
.starsky b {color:#786762; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#3a1504 0em .1em 0em; }
.starsky .line1 {width:150px; border-bottom:1px solid #4e4e4e; margin:0 auto 3px auto; padding:5px 0px 0px 0px;}
.starsky {background-color:#000000; background-image: url(http://i.imgur.com/XPcjE.png), url(http://i.imgur.com/Souo1.jpg); background-position:bottom center, top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4e4e4e; font-family: tahoma, serif; font-size:13px; color:#4e4e4e; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.starsky-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.starsky .inner {margin:0px 15px 70px 15px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/mfqyi.png); border:1px solid #4e4e4e; border-radius:10px;-moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 469 Bratty mc bratters he be <.<

Looking down from his superior position he didn't in the slightest feel as if he had an advantage over the other; he couldn't quite figure it out why this was the case, maybe it was the fact that he had currently not succeeded in getting a rise out of the other, yet. Canines who managed to keep a level head and remain calm made it seem as if getting angry at them was pointless, as infuriating as the fact was the young Nishant could feel initially spark of anger already waning away as the other responded in a too level like manner for the lad, the red heads arms crossing just seemed to resign the boy last. It was like arguing with this mother all over again, knowing that no matter what he said and did he'd loose and come out worse then he did at the start, knowing that he is in the right but unable to prove himself or even get some form of reaction out of whom he was arguing with.

If the red head shouted at him, hit him, threw his emotions around then the lad would feel satisfaction in his harsh words, feel as if he was getting somewhere. But no, in response to his harsh greeting it seemed all he earned in return was logic and a perfectly rational statement back. Wrinkling up his nose in distaste he rolled his eyes, a childish display of his dislike of the situation, although an improvement from screaming in the red heads face as he so desired to do. Dropping his reigns he allowed them to fall lightly onto Buck's neck before he swung his leg over and dismounted, hitting the ground with an audible thud he reached back to the horse and grasped the stallions reigns underneath his head, not that he expected Buck to wonder off, it was more for the familiar reassurance that he found in the horse's presence.

“I sent the note so you wouldn't pester the tribe with further visits looking for me.” it was a perfectly logical thing to do in his opinion, too stubborn to admit quite at the moment to either the red head or himself that perhaps he had wanted Strel to seek him out and come see him again. “And how have I ever been rash” arms folded across his chest in an attempt to mimic the other, baring his tribal covered torso clearly for he only wore a pair of tight, low riding tattered black shorts. “All I said was that I was moving packs, there was nothing there for you to worry about” is voice came out vaguely strained and slightly harsh whilst he attempted to project a more... mature and calm tone to his speech. “So again I ask, what do you want?”

Photo courtesy of Khevyel

<style>
.KMTT_AhiMirNo p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT_AhiMirNo b {font-family:verdana; color:#184b35; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT_AhiMirNo {background-color:#4b9b8e; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/2299 ... racles.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:347px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d-webkit-border-radius: 185px;
-webkit-border-bottom-right-radius: 10px;
-webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 10px;
-moz-border-radius: 185px;
-moz-border-radius-bottomright: 10px;
-moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 10px;
border-radius: 185px;
border-bottom-right-radius: 10px;
border-bottom-left-radius: 10px;}
.KMTT_AhiMirNo .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT_AhiMirNo .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#347176; font-size:9px; padding:1px 20px 0px 20px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
Sure but that makes it more adorable, because he's all "qq why you no angry?"
wordcount ► 437

Ahiga was just a boy, that was plain to see. Strel watched him roll his eyes, clearly annoyed with the adult in his life mucking up his plans for independance. Part of him went out to the youth, wishing that he could just let him be and learn on his own. But the rest of him knew better; that abandoning the boy was not the right thing to do at all. He had to do something for Ralla, despite her leaving with her brother in tow, leaving children and mate respectively. He could not blame the children for the sins of the mother, nor could he hate the boy before him for the distance that had grown between his uncles. Ahiga was hardly responsible for the waning passion, for the fading affection. They had never been passionate mates, and they had a rough beginning, middle, and end. And that was not any bit this Nishant's fault.

The boy dismounted, and Strel kept his eyes carefully away from the horse. The creature was not something he knew, nor could he understand it well. It was forbidden meat, and even then it was tasteless for him because it was like a very useful pet. Regardless, Strel could not keep a slight smile from appearing on his face at the boy finally cutting back on the rudeness, despite his right to be mounted before a member of a different pack. But what did Strelein know of honor and politeness?

"I wasn't the one who had the gall to lie to all the people who loved him," he said coldly, remembering what Ralla had told him ages ago. That smile faded quickly though, as the Nishant continued his stubborn stand. Was it really all so bad to see him concerned? And why wouldn't he be able to bother Aniwaya? Last he checked, they were still subordinate to his Kingdom, especially with the fall of the Dreamers. Eyes narrowing briefly, Strel shook his head and sighed heavily at the boy's blasé attitude toward his presence. Was Strel truly nothing important at all? Well, understandable as it was, it was still fairly aggravating. All that he wanted was to make sure Ahiga was alright! "Cut to the chase, I get it." Strel pulled his hands out, gesturing the youth. "Look at you, you're skinnier than you were before? Are you even eating well?" Strel was a skinny man, but that was genetics not starvation. "And Sebastian. Do you understand who he is?" he said harshly, eying the youth darkly, lips pursed. "Do you know what you're doing, Ahiga?"

Photo taken by Fergal of Claddagh. Table style inspired by Kitty.

<style>
.strel_01 {padding:255px 0px 5px 0px; width:500px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... edone2.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#2a6d93; border: 1px solid #66bada; font-family:verdana;font-size:11px; line-height:13px;}
.strel_01 .inner {margin:0 15px; padding: 5px 6px 0px 6px;text-align:justify;}
.strel_01b {width:502px; border: 1px solid #011e44; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.strel_01 .ooc {text-align:right; color:#001227; font-size:10px; border-bottom:1px dashed #021d3c; }
.strel_01 .wc {color:#021d3c; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; text-align:left; padding:0px 15px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 10px 5px;}
.strel_01 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;color:#66bada;}
.strel_01 b {font-weight:bold; text-shadow: #001227 0px 1px 1px;color:#79BFD8;}
p.strel01_credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;color:#000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 435 <3

He flinched in response to Strel's words, muscles growing tight and jaw clenching shut, true as they were he didn't like anyone bringing that particular matter up, for reasons opposite to which everyone was angry at him about it for. Lying to his family and causing them heartbreak meant little to him, a trivial thing he'd done in the spare of the moment to escape his mothers control and to hurt her like she had hurt him when she left him and his siblings in his foreign pack. No, the guilt he felt was due to the fact he'd had his beloved twin lie for him and shoulder the burden of delivering news of his death to everyone, it hadn't been fair on Al. Then Al betrayed him, left with his mum and Alu; it seemed foolish to still feel guilty about having made Al lie back then even when his twin had clearly turned his back on him like everyone else. “Don't speak as if you know anything about me” the words were strained, odd coloured arms falling to his side with fist clenched tightly, green eyes closing and opening slowly as he forced himself to let the comment slip by.

Once more the red head shocked him, forest eyes dragging away from the taller male and down to himself before pulling back up, arms wrapping around his stomach as if he could hide away the evidence of his own neglect, ears flicking back against his skull as the lecture continued. When writing the letter he had thrown in Sebastian’s name on a whim, to hopefully make Strel think he was fine on his own, the pale lad hadn't counted on the red head knowing the fox coloured male. Even now the Nishant wasn't aware of how obvious Sebastian's actions were and how... wide spread his 'reputation' was. All he knew was that he'd slept with the male, willingly, followed him to his pack and had limited interaction with him since; he'd slept with another male for no real reason and held no emotions afterwords. It scared him, the lad having reached the conclusion that he was damaged goods, unable to have family, friends or apparently any form of relationship.

Where upon Stel finished speaking the lads head had fallen low, eyes cast at the ground. “I'm eating just fine, i'm no pup. I can look after myself. And I know what i'm doing, I know him better then you atleast” his response was given to the floor, voice still stubborn and argumentative though; even if he couldn't look the other in the eye.

<style>
.KMTT_AhiMirNo b {font-family:verdana; color:#184b35; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT_AhiMirNo {background-color:#4b9b8e; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/2299 ... racles.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:347px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d-webkit-border-radius: 185px;
.KMTT_AhiMirNo .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#347176; font-size:9px; padding:1px 20px 0px 20px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
[/html]
[html]
pp permission granted by le Kitteh.
wordcount ► 428

The things he had said had the desired effect. Strel could almost taste the guilt in the air as the youth appeared shocked at his words. He watched the thin boy wrap his arms around himself, clearly in denial. Whatever was going on here was doing him no good, with the lack of meat on his bones. Ahiga was no small bean pole, either, and to see him dropping weight in the time since he had seen the youth, well, it was a shock. Strelein was worried for his health, especially since it was clear he wasn't feeding himself well. Was he too stubborn to let anyone else help him out? Was he too petty to let members of this pack provide for him, be his family? Strelein pursed his lips at the thought, wishing he could help the youth.

Ahiga looked down at the floor, and the redheaded Dauphin knew that he was the winner in this battle. "Eat any less and you will have nothing left to your chest and arms, boy," he said roughly, huffing in the youth's direction. He didn't see why the boy was so stubborn, but Strel figured it was one of those things he had inherited from his equally stubborn mother. From what he understood, Ralla had a flair for dramatics and mulish behavior. It seemed like there was more Ralla in Ahiga than the youth wanted to admit, or even realized. Strel waved his hand at the boy, fumbling for his words, "You don't seem to be taking care of yourself at all, Ahiga." He knew that the Nishant didn't see the motion, but it was pointless.

Frustrated with the situation, Strelein strode forward without pause and gripped the youth's chin roughly in hand. He lifted him up, forcing Ahiga to meet his elder in the eyes. "You seem so certain, now why don't you meet my eyes?" he asked without pause, eyes blazing in annoyance and his lips firm as he kept a good grip on the other male's chin. He would not be letting go, for certain. "You're right, I don't know Sebastian like you probably know. But lord knows Sebastian tried to know more about me than I wanted to know about him. I've seen his paintings, and I know who they are. Whatever he is, he isn't what you need." He suddenly dropped his nephews chin and rested it on his shoulder. "You can't be happy with him if you're not eating."

<style>
.strel_01 {padding:255px 0px 5px 0px; width:500px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... edone2.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#2a6d93; border: 1px solid #66bada; font-family:verdana;font-size:11px; line-height:13px;}
.strel_01b {width:502px; border: 1px solid #011e44; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.strel_01 .ooc {text-align:right; color:#001227; font-size:10px; border-bottom:1px dashed #021d3c; }
.strel_01 .wc {color:#021d3c; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; text-align:left; padding:0px 15px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 10px 5px;}
.strel_01 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;color:#66bada;}
p.strel01_credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;color:#000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 468 <3

“I'm fine” was his immediate response, spoken with no thought, for that's all the other wanted; a reassurance that he could look after himself, that Strel could leave him be and be done with him. A hand grasped his chin, forcing his head up, green eyes widened in panic and a need to run filled him, suddenly feeling cornered and anxious, a breath catching in his throat before he calmed himself, eyes settling looking to the left and right but refusing to catch the red heads eyes.

He didn't want this, he didn't want to hear this lecture or have someone point out his failures. God, he didn't know anything about what to do with his life and he didn't need someone meddlesome elder to point that out to him. “What's that got-ta do wid anything” he muffled out, chin still in the other hands, mind racing as it became oh-so-apparent he was quite clearly busted and yet, he still couldn't make his eyes look to the others. Hands unfurled from his side and it occurred to him that he could probably remove the others hand if he tried hard enough, even lacking his superior build of which he had had their last encounter he was stubborn and would have his way if he choose to deny the small contact.

Even as the thought occurred to him he dismissed it, why was a mystery to him, all he knew is that he didn't mind the red heads touch too much and that it was tolerable, for now. Strelein's words on the other hand both hurt and confused him, prying into emotional wounds he hadn't began to wrap his head around just yet. Blinking slowly he smothered all urges to squirm in embarrassment, telling himself there was no way that Strel would know what had transpired between himself and the other male; only they had been present and he didn't think Sebastian had been telling the world. Changing the direction his thoughts were drifting in the lad tried to make sense of his uncles words, seeing no fault in Sebastian wanting to befriend his uncle nor the fact the fox male apparently liked to paint. “And why is him wanting to know more about you an issue?” his voice was innocent, genuinely not comprehending the others vague opinion of Sebastian. “And his paintings, what's wrong with them?” having not seen them the Nishant was curious somewhat about why his uncle had grouped the paintings with the previous comment.

Flinching a little as the hand was removed from his chin and onto his shoulder he once more accepted the small contact, eyes darting down to the hand and then to the floor now that his head was free once more. “How many times do I have to say i'm fine?”

<style>
[/html]
[html]
pp permission granted by le Kitteh.
wordcount ► 463

Ahiga clearly did not understand what he was talking about. Or did he and feign innocence? No, that look in his eyes was of genuine confusion and questioning. At least, Strel certainly hoped so. He did not feel like being lied to by his nephew, not particularly in the mood to be lied to at all. This was serious, no matter what the other male thought about the situation. It was clear that Ahiga did not care for it, not the way he awkwardly shuffled and avoided his gaze, even with a reinforcing hand on his chin to keep his look steady. He could hardly keep the boy's eyes on him, though he was sure that the youth understood the severity of the situation, especially considering the sternness of the usually docile Dauphin. Granted, as a pup, the boy ought to have encountered Strel's aggravated side when the pups fumbled around in his closet, where he had holed them up for convenience and safety's sake.

Strel growled a little in frustration, wondering if the boy truly did not understand what was going with Sebastian and what he really was. Sebastian was just as Strel himself had been years prior; eager for any encounter without being picky about who it was and how it affected anyone. He had been much more open to everyone and did not think his liaisons through carefully. Sebastian's appraising eyes had been hard to hide to the Dauphin, who had been wary of the travelers despite their good renown with everyone. And being freshly back on the market, he had been happy to see Jazper, still as built and strong as ever, and it was hard to avoid the way Sebastian spoke and behaved when handed Strel to trade with. He knew what the man was, recognizing Mars in his paintings, and knowing Sebastian for what he was. Just like him.

"You don't know?" he said, incredulously. He had been so certain that the two of them had slept together, for what kind of boy chased after a man like that with no reason? "You don't know what he is?" Surprised, the Dauphin squeezed the youth's shoulder, glad that he had not pulled his arm away. "He came with a caravan to the Court, and the way he looked at me was like you ought to look at a piece of fresh meat." As for the paintings, the Dauphin could only shake his head, wondering if the boy had even seen them. Perhaps it was better that the skeletons in that man's closet only come out one at a time, single file. "You, however, do not look like you're doing any good. Do you have any friends here? Close friends?"

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 359 This post is full of fail, forgive me <3

Some aspects of life he had received and understood clearly; manners to higher ranked canines, respect of another's property, politeness upon foreign borders. Common sense things that he had learnt growing up and rejected and opposed in a form of youth rebellion, a choice he made whereas anything concerning relationships was a mystery to him, the pumice boy lacked fundamental understanding in many aspects which others considered basic knowledge; with so little family interaction and engagement with others it wasn't much of a surprise that he lacked the capacity to integrate himself with others and comprehend friendship, love and other forms of socialization, because he had missed out on such things for the most part. His innocence was not feigned, despite having slept with the male in question the Nishant lad could not connect his uncles words to the act of sleeping with another, it wasn't as if he discussed others or his own sex lives often.

“I don't know what? What don't I apparently know?” he threw back in frustration stemmed from lack of understanding, even more so the fact that the red haired male wasn't giving him clear, straight answers when he'd asked for an explanation to what Strel was trying to get at. Even with the comparison to meat it didn't make sense, for the fox coloured male wasn't a cannibal last the lad had heard, although he wouldn't be all that surprised if Sebastian turned out to be for some reason, which left the lads opinion of the other up for question.“Strel, stop speaking in circles and answer the damn question. You're making no sense” breathing heavily out of his nose he sighed heavily, getting fed up of repeating himself like a broken record. “For the hundredth time” the words were exaggerated but he cared little, his tone of voice strained and quieter then normal, “I am perfectly fine. Just a lousy couple of weeks hunting and I have no need for friends” friends would betray him and abandon him, he wasn't fool enough to let someone it to open himself up for pain once more. “I'm fine on my own. I don't need anyone”.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
<3
wordcount ► 443

Strel didn't figure that he was being too obtuse. He could swear that he was being clear as day, or would someone of Ahiga's age simply not understand? No, that made no sense at all. He was certain that Ahiga ought to have understood, unless something was really missing. The Dauphin wrinkled his forehead as he peered at the pumice boy, wondering what was absolutely hard to understand. He was surprised that the boy did not push him away, or shove him, or anything. He was surprised he was tolerating this so well, despite the huffing and puffing and yelling. Hopefully no one in Casa would venture nearby and wonder what was going on. "How can you not understand?" he responded, agitation reaching his voice at last. Strel pulled away from his nephew, the annoyance clearly on his face.

"I'm positive that Sebastian is just in it for the fun, not anything else, Ahiga." His voice was low as he stared down his nephew, wondering how to make it clearer. "He is just a man who wants a good lay, and god damn if you're going to pretend otherwise," he said, loudly, not caring if anyone from this pack knew. They had to know, especially Jazper, what kind of man Sebastian had appeared to be. Strel was simply lucky he knew better, was older, and found no interest in a man so blatantly played on his side of the fence. "Sebastian has paintings of men he's been with, and probably men he wishes he had been with. I don't know what he is, but he is definitely not someone you need. Or you'll end up like him," he said bitterly, remembering a time long ago when he was happy for whatever tail he got, too.

The Dauphin let off a loud, rough laugh, sending a hard look at the boy and his stubborn pride. "Bury that pride of yours," he said, voice almost a husky growl. "You will end up dead with that attitude and you'll have only yourself to blame for it." Strel stood back a few paces from the man, looking at the skinnier stomach and chest. Suddenly, he prodded Ahiga there, glaring up at him. "This doesn't look like you're taking care of yourself. I'm not the best hunter around, and I can keep myself fed well on small game easily. What's your excuse?" he asked harshly, before scoffing at the boy. "You can't seem to take care of yourself. Deny it all you want, the proof is here," he added with another jab at his chest.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 600 Mini-breakdown time

Inside everything went cold, a pain worming around his stomach as the strong desire to kill himself there and then struck the lad; the subject of discussion should of become apparent to him sooner then it had, perhaps then he wouldn't of felt as humiliated and embarrassed as he did. Strelein knew, he didn't know how exactly his ex-uncle had figured out he'd slept with Sebastian or even for sure if his uncle knew exactly or was just talking in general. “Why. Why do you care what's in it for anyone or who the hell sleeps with anyone.” and there went any possibility of feigning ignorance after the realization had struck him. “So what if he paints the guys he sleeps with. It is not your place to judge who I need or do not need” not that he'd particularly been spending much time with the fox coloured male after loosing his virginity to the other, a few brief encounters here and there only. The more the mention of Sebastian continued the more the lad wished he hadn't followed his whim and thrown the male's name down in the letter; he had intended for it to make it clear to his ex-uncle that he was not alone and that he was fine, not to be bothered. Without a doubt that plan had backfired big time.

Once more his temper began to flare, the red-heads laugh doing little to settle the moon-touched Nishant, a harsh growl burning through his throat along with dry laughter. “And what if my pride is all I have left? What if my 'attitude'” he sneered the word as he repeated what the other had said, “is all that's keeping me breathing. You tell me to give up all I have to live for.” breathing out heavily he was about to expand upon his point, exactly what he was going to say he wasn't all too sure, he just wanted to shout, fling his arms around and stomp his feet. A sharp prod to his stomach had all plans of a full blown tantrum stopped right in their tracks.

“Noss is gone. I'm not your nephew any more so will you stop this entire pretence that you actually give to shits about me?” and old argument he knew, but still one he didn't have clear answers to and a lot safer in content as to what they had been discussing. Did it really matter why someone wanted to look after him? No one had ever bothered to before and the fact that his ex-uncle was proving so stubborn unsettled him greatly, scared him even. “You want to hear how god dammed miserable I am?” he whispered. “I have no one left, everyone betrays me regardless. I have no friends around me, i'm always alone; no one cares. I wake up and don't see the point in leaving my room, don't feel the need to hunt or do anything with myself. Each moment I can only think of what I could of done to make mum stay, of all the things I did to push them away. This is my punishment, it's only right I suffer and eventually i'll die. Then I won't have to deal with any of this any more, no more pain every moment of my life, no more making up excuses or having to pretend everything is fine, or dealing with ex-relatives who want to look after me out of some twisted sense of guilt. Happy now” as he progressed his volume rose, voice growing heavy with emotion and a tight set forming in his jaw.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
eeee yay!
wordcount ► 519

So he had hit the nail right on the head, and it had set off the youth in a tizzy. Strel eyed him impassively, wondering what the nature of their relationship was for him to react that way. He did not defend Sebastian as he figured he would have, rather admitting to the faults laid upon him. He dismissed it all, but there was no affection there for the other man, at least none that the Dauphin could detect. Maybe it was a deeply buried affection, but not a drop was reaching the surface. "Because there seems to be no moral ground he is interested in taking. And why is it my business, you ask?" he hissed out, eyes narrowing slightly. "I worry and I care, so it damn certain is my business." Whatever lingering connection he had to this boy's family kept it his concern.

The redhead scoffed, remembering when he had as much pride as Ahiga did. Perhaps he still did but he knew lately pride was nonexistent for him. He had not cared what he had done nor did he care who saw him in whatever sorry state he happened to find himself in. He had no right to lecture on pride, when he had buried his so far underground it had taken him days to find it again. Sober, his pride was high and very much intact. But the moment a bottle touched his lips, he fell so low it surprised him when he rose again.

But the boy's words set a heavy sadness into his heart, almost making him lay his ears flat and whine. Strel kept it down, but he could feel his guilt and his concern rise. "That is not healthy, Ahiga. That is absolutely wrong. You have to find something to live for. A hobby, friends, familly, anything." He knew that Ahiga had little love left for his family and he seemed to be alone and without friends. What was he doing with himself? What was he living for? Why was he still alive?

Then the Dauphin felt his insides grow cold at his former mate's name. It was an angry bile that seemed to fill his belly, and set his lips together hard. His purple eyes glared daggers at the youth, choosing to bite back his angry retort, and demand that the name not be said before him again. "What does my relation to you have anything to do with if I care about you or not?" he asked, his voice dangerously low. It was so different from his familiar easy, light tones. The youth's sudden rant, full of emotion suddenly silenced the man and his face shifted to something of surprise. There was no more anger in his eyes but concern. "Why didn't you tell anyone?" he asked, voice quiet. Then he reach out to touch the boy's shoulder, squeezing it gently and ignoring the jibe against him. "Please, let me help you." Strel didn't know how he could help him, but he knew that he'd sure as hell try to.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 406 Mini-breakdown time round 2?

Holding his tongue he opted to stare at the red headed male, not quite giving into the other but deeming it pointless to continue arguing over the same point again and again, when no matter what he would not understand why Strel wished to concern himself with him, especially after how his family had abandoned him too; it only occurred to him that moment that the other may hold him accountable for his families actions. The other had lost Noss, a mate. Maybe the pain of loosing a mate was worse then the betrayal of ones family, he didn't know but he felt that perhaps his ex-uncle really did understand the pain and suffering he had been subjected to.

Opening his maw he snapped it closed with an audible 'click', breathing out heavily through his nose in irritation at the others description of him as 'not healthy'. He was alive and breathing and that was healthy enough, he hadn't said those words for the other to judge him. Heck, it bothered him that he was even opening up enough to speak of such sensitive subjects in the firs place. Why couldn't Strelein see, adter having been hurt by Noss, that friends and family were not worth the effort and hobbies held no joy in them if one was alone and could share them with no one.

Continuing his silence green eyes glared at the red head in heated emotion. Never did he want to confess such things to anyone, especially not the male before him. He was going to laugh, mock him, spit on him like the piece of dirt he was, perhaps even hate the pale male, be disgusted by how pathetic he was. Shoulders shook and the legs that had held him strongly so far grew numb and threatened to give way, ears flicked back as he braced himself for whatever the male before him was going to throw at him.

No condescending laugh came, only further baseless kindness. Legs gave way and he crumpled to the ground, arms falling limp on either side of him as his head hung low upon his shoulders in defeat. “I can't do this. I can't do this. Does it please you to act kindly, offer help when in the end you'll just leave me like them. Betray me like they did. Why won't you just go already?” each word was strained, complimented by whimpers here and there.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
didn't know how to wrap it up with my post but.. maybe can close and assume? idk
wordcount ► 347

At first, he thought that Ahiga had simply fainted from lack of food, and Strel's heart began to hammer in his chest. It pushed against his ribs as he jerked forward as the boy fell to the ground like a limp rag. His breath caught as the worry filled his lungs like toxic gas where oxygen ought to have been. The Dauphin fell to his knees before the youth, hands outstretched as Ahiga sat limp. He did not touch him yet, for fear that the youth would push him away and flee as he seemed he ought to do. But no, Strel knew he had the advantage here as the older, maybe stronger. If Ahiga was any better, perhaps he would have had the strength to fight him, to push, to win, but not today.

The accusations flew, baseless and sharp as the man recoiled a bit but suddenly pressed his hands to the youth's shoulders and pulled him close in an affectionately manner. He did not want Ahiga to suffer as he had. First his father had abandoned him, abandoned his mother. Then his mother and uncle left, siblings too. He knew Ayasha was around but she was north with the Anathema men and women, with her boy she risked all for. Now it was just him, just the two of them left in a place where their blood no longer remained. Strel had never had a family here, just a multitude of friends.

"I will not go, not when you need me." Ahiga could deny it all he wanted, but he could not escape the undeniable fact that the two of them needed one another. Strel needed someone to curb him and his vices, to keep his sins in check. Ahiga needed an adult to love and care for him and watch out for him. Together they could be the checks and balances the other needed and support one another the way they oh so desperately needed. "Please come back with me," he said softly with a tone of pleading in his voice.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 311 Can continue this for a few more posts then?

The world seemed to tilt as he was pulled forward into the red-heads arms, white cheek resting upon the male's chest as a sense of warmth and safety settled over him. Such a false feeling and yet he wanted to melt into it so badly. Desired deep within him for someone, all along, to come by and drag him away from the hell he kept himself in. Yet he hid from the world, from his pack which he could of be-friended, attempted to push away the closest thing he had to family, simply because she left him to follow her heart, even just moments ago he had been pushing Strel away out of illogical fear. How could he want something so badly and actively throw away every chance he had at obtaining it? It disgusted him to think he was so weak, so cowardly that he kept doing the same mistakes, over and over again. Sooner or later he'd destroy himself, emotionally and physically; it was the inevitable outcome for someone so deeply stuck in a rut, refusing all assistance and good will shown towards him.

The option to reject once more was there, as weak and pathetic as he was currently appearing he could say no, give into his pride and foolish search for independence. Closing his eyes his pale maw opened, taking in a sharp breath of a whimper before the decision was made; he gave no resistance, falling limp against the other and just listening to the softly spoke words. Shyly he brought his arms around the others waist, hands shaking along with his shoulders as the lad forced back continuous whimpers. “Where?” his voice was shaky, but he managed to respond with a question rather then an answer, a slight improvement even if his stubborn streak was still there, stopping him from out-right accepting the others request.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
buhhhgadjf asfdawedsf idk
wordcount ► ---

Strel could feel the youth wrap his shaking arms around his waist and he smiled despite knowing that Ahiga would not see his smugness. Whatever was waging war within the youth, the Dauphin had on idea. He had never been nearly this emotional when it came to other men, though he chose to forget his wallowing in misery over Noss. That time was fading for him, and he was forcing it to disappear from his memory. He had to. How could he move on and take care of the youth in his arms if he did not let go of the man who left him with the tatters of a relationship hanging over his head. Ahiga deserved someone in his life who could watch out for him without a second though, who was not going to leave him. Strel could not leave him, not after all this.

The boy whimpered out a question, and the man pulled away, keeping his hands on the youth's shoulders. "Home, with me." He sighed and shook his head. "The Court. I know you were there when you were younger and you probably don't remember it, but I'm sure we can make it a home for you if we try," he said, sounding hopelessly optimistic. He was never quite so positive, his personality more negative and loudmouth than calm, positive and soothing. That was just not something he was good at but he had to try to sound like he knew what he was talking about. "Will you come with me?"

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 369 End it with this post, yes?

Home. A concept that he wanted to embrace so badly, the ultimate bait that even he couldn't resist or push away. Was he really going to pack everything and up and leave the pack he'd only recently joined, just because some ex-relative of his showed a moments kindness and offered him a home? Foolishly, it seemed he was. “Home” the voice that spoke the word sounded foreign to him, his own and yet not quite; too soft, to quiet, full of longing and most certainly too agreeable. “I remember it a little” he responded, mind dragging back to the time where war was being raged and yet, funnily enough, his life made a lot more sense back then and his heart held a lot less holes.

Taking in a series of shallow breaths he picked the words from his brain, forming a sentence so slowly may have appeared to have zoned out altogether, but he wanted to word things right, explain that he couldn't leave there and then, that there were things he would take care of first and then he'd come. Unless he changed his mind during the time between now and then, which was fairly probable knowing the lads doubting and self-preserving nature. “I'll need to pack, speak with the leaders here and sort things out” all of which would require time, time which would allow him to think more when he was less emotional and work up. “But i'll come, once I sort everything out i'll come. So you can go back ahead of me, i'll, I, uh, I know my way there.” lame but he believed he'd got his message across well enough and these were not the red-heads lands, so he figured his uncle would allow him to sort things out and trust him a little to stick to his words.

Raising to two paws, unsteadily at first and then with more confidence he rose and made his way over to where Buck had drifted of, grasping the horse's reigns. Mounting he left without looking back, frowning the whole time as he picked apart his thoughts and emotions regarding the matter at hand and the option he had on a silver platter before him.

<style>
[/html]