we are, we are, we are
[html]
For Jassy and Aiden! Backdated to July 31. Halcyon Mountain.

She had spoken with him. It had gone well enough, she supposed. She had not expected it to go spectacularly, but she had been prepared for Gabriel to erupt, or even chase her away. The negative end of the scale had been clearly weighted, but she had readied herself for that, she knew.

Now it was over, and she could head home. She felt better now that she had spoken with him; much better. She exhaled slowly, pausing, mid-step to do this. She inhaled, then exhaled again, readying herself. She did feel better. It was a good thing.

She nodded quickly to herself, then continued her trek across the mountain. Although the south side was easier to scale, it didn't mean it was an easier trek than one through the Dampwoods. She had suddenly gotten the urge to walk along the ridge of the mountain, to see the lands spread out before her. The urge to see the land as the sun began to fade.

It was a nice feeling.
[/html]
[html]

WOOT. Alright, since it's backdated, I'm going to make this as Aiden's descent into the new lands from the old ones, as he had originally come to see what had happened to Storm. So Tayui will definitely be the first person he meets. XD Oh yeah, what form is Tayui in? Wink

Things were unbelievably confusing. The dark wolf had come to make a life in the place of his birth after years of absence, only to find that home immolated in what must have been an incredible inferno. Nothing was left, and what stood now were soot-soaked reminders of what had been; shadows being overtaken by tiny new sprigs of growth, soon to fall and be reclaimed by the earth as the new forest grew in its place.

Aiden Oriel now descended the southern face of the mountain range south of the old Bleeding Souls. There were packs nearby in this direction; he'd passed them on his original trek north. Still bound to sort out his life outside the dependency on his grandparents, the ebony male had decided to see what he could make of himself in this new land. Perhaps it could truly be a blank slate and a fresh start, especially if no one outwardly knew who he was, or what he had caused. The deaths of each of your family was a heavy burden to bear.

The luperci picked his way with moderate effort down the mountains, his shifted form allowing him the dextrous use of his hands, making the trek somewhat easier than it would have been. Twice his cross necklace had been caught on ragged twigs jutting out amongst the rocky terrain, and he wore his second, more delicate necklace tightly wrapped around his right wrist, the black stone pendant tucked safely into the wrappings of the cord.

In the distance, not too far, Aiden's blue eyes picked up the ghostly white form of another of his kind, and he drew in a breath from the wind. The stranger's scent was definitely female, but there was something else about it, something that whispered through his mind and tickled the barest edges of his youngest memories. Curious, the black werewolf moved in her direction, figuring that she was probably a relative of someone from his childhood. It was an unexpected tie to his past, but easily dismissed. The familiarity wasn't strong enough that this could possibly be someone from his puppyhood, so there was no harm in approaching. As he neared, his gravelly baritone drifted over the birdsong of the twilight hours. Evening miss. It's a beautiful sunset, isn't it?

Table by Tay

[/html]
[html]
She's in her Secui form. :3

The feeling of wholesome contentment prevailed. Perhaps it had something to do with her inner feeling of accomplishment, the knowledge that she had done something, and the determination to keep things right (or make them right, however one wished to call it), or perhaps it was all external, and she was only being affected by the world around her. It was not cold out, for summer nights rarely were- and the feeling of the wind at her back and the sound of the mountain slowly beginning to settle down for the night was reassuring. At the same time, she could feel that other creatures were only beginning, and some were still waiting for the day to begin.

She picked her way through the densely-forested mountainside, not at all in a hurry. She followed a lightly-trodden dear path, one she would soon have to deviate from to reach Shadowed Sun. She glanced over, noticing here that the trees had begun to thin slightly. She smiled; it was nice here. The southern side of the mountain, though more heavily-forested near the peak, thinned out a bit where the mountain began to slope down to meet the Dampwoods.

She glanced around a second time, feeling the wind shift ever so slightly. The wind tickled her fur, twisting tendrils around its spindly fingers, before letting go and continuing on its journey. With it, the wind brought the sound of another wolf, a male, a short distance away. She had not noticed him approach, for the wind had been in his favour. He blended in with the shadows with ease; his coat colour was the stark opposite (or complimentary?) of Tayui's. His blue eyes were startlingly bright, but clear and perceptive. "Evening," she replied easily. "It always seems to be, especially at this time." She offered a small smile, intending to continue on, but paused; unsure if he needed something, lingering.
[/html]
[html]

Back from vacation! ^^ Very choppy and sucky as I'm battling customers.

He smiled softly back at the female, his mood and demeanor easy and pleasant in the dying rays of the sun. Of course, the beauty of the sunset pales when confronted with the vision that now meets my eyes. The Oriel male chuckled softly, his blue eyes twinkling a bit. The comment was sincere enough; the female was a beautiful example of her gender, but his chuckle softened the compliment and added a lighthearted air to his words.

In any case, as pretty as the white shewolf was, Aiden hadn't quite approached her simply for the flirting. He was curious about the fate of the old lands. What, exactly, had caused the devistating fire? Had anyone at all lost their lives? There was no doubt in the Oriel's mind that many had, for it would have been highly unlikely that everyone would have been able to escape an inferno of that size. Aiden's lips softened his face once more in a smile, and he raised his topaz gaze to meet that of the stranger. The woman's left eye was an echo of his own azure, but her other one was conversely the color of fresh blood. This contrast only added to the exotic and alluring quality of her appearance. Forgive my rapid change of subject miss, but I was wondering something. Would you know what happened in the lands north of here? The damage seems rather recent, and I was curious if anyone knew the cause of the fire.

Table by Tay

[/html]
[html]
;o! I can barely type, my arms are so sooore XD; So this is short.

Tayui felt her smile turn wry, chuckling quietly at the male's softy spoken compliment. She shook her head, amused that the male had jumped straight to flattery, bypassing any other forms of conversation. How pleasant. She was tempted to reply with a quick quip, something denouncing the male's masculinity (but only a bit!), but instead bit back her reply. It would not do to reply rudely, now would it?

She smirked again. Of course not.

"I'm not entirely sure how it happened, but I suppose I can tell you what I do know. It's the least I can do for one who has such an eloquent grasp of language-- as you do," she replied, chuckling good-naturedly. "It was rather sudden. One minute everything was fine, the next... an entire forest was just gone. It was the worst by the old human city. The flames spread from there. I don't know how it happened- I've never heard of a brushfire or forest fire in these parts, especially not in a city. Usually you would expect to get a fire when the grasses and trees are extremely dry, but... I suppose the most plausible explanation would be that something in the human city malfunctioned and caused the fire." She frowned; it sounded strange, even as she said it. "But I don't really know how or why it happened, just that it did."

[/html]
[html]

Sorry about the font issue, I never realized that about FF! >.> I fixed it for the future. Wink

The Concrete Jungle... Aiden's voice was a hushed whisper as the female finished speaking, a comment meant to be kept to himself. Unaware that he'd spoken, the black male nodded softly at the bi-eyed secui, furrowing his brows slightly. I was unaware any of the old human artifacts could still draw power at all. Weren't they fed by some sort of tamed lightning, produced by those odd metal stations and towers? I know the ones where I used to live were all in ruins. Without the humans to keep them going, the buildings are just shells.

For a moment, the Oriel male didn't move, his mind pondering the details of the event as presented to him. No...when he lived here, the electricity was dead. He'd heard of a couple of wolves being harmed by the old devices in freak accidents with them when they somehow got surges of juice, but they were extremely rare and unlikely to cause the sort of sweeping inferno that had destroyed all of Bleeding Souls. It's odd also in regards to when it happened. Like you said, most wildfires happen in the driest months of the year, but the damage looks recent enough for this to have happened sometime this year, and we're only just now hitting the hottest months of summer. Chewing his lip thoughtfully, the male stepped slightly away from his companion to lean against a decent-sized tree, folding his arms across his chest.

I apologize for the dreary topic and barrage of questions miss. You're the first wolf I've run into who knows something, and my mind just won't keep quiet. He flashed his charming smile again, unfolding his arms and bowing respectfully to the white female. My name is Vedr, and I admit it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance.

Table by Tay

[/html]
[html]
No problem! :3 Thanks for fixing <3<3<3

Tayui flicked her ear in the direction of the male as he said something to himself, but she was unable to discern what exactly he had said. She mentally shrugged, watching him for a few moments, tilting her head slightly as he began to speak. She shook her head in mute reply to his musings, equally unsure how a human device could cause a fire. But what did she know? Many of the things humans had once had might have been magic, for the tasks they were supposed to perform seemed impossible. She frowned as he spoke, unsure about this 'tamed lightning.' She had seen warm ice, broken shards of ice that were not cool to touch and were far more transparent, something humans called glass. She had seen other things they used, machinery she had created names for, but never knowing how they functioned. But tamed lightning? How did you tame it? It came from the sky, with nothing to hold it or touch it, burning any object it came in contact with, scorching the ground. It seemed impossible, but if the humans had a way to tame it... well, that wasn't so surprising was it? They could do everything else, it seemed, so why not tame lightning?

She frowned, feeling rather useless as he continued to speak, expanding on his thoughts as well. It seemed impossible that a fire had been started due to dryness or heat, especially here. She knew places farther West caught fire do to dryness, but they were plains and fields of something called wheat, with trees and mountains. The climate here was too dry for a fire to be started like that, especially when it had happened in the spring. The ice had been slowly melting, and it seemed as though it would have rained any day.

But what other possible explanations were there? She shook her head in reply to the male's apology, smiling quietly to herself. "It's no matter. I do enjoy this sort of... collaborative thinking." She paused, taking a moment to think. "Vedr, is it?" she said, testing the name out. "My name is Tayui Aston. A pleasure as well," she said with a small smirk.

[/html]
[html]

<3! Aiden's trying to figure out what happened so he can tell Freak and Ravyn. XD THEY WILL BE UPSET OHNOES.

She had returned his polite greeting and smile, and he raised a brow at the smirk that drew across her lips at her last comment. Thank the Packfather he'd found someone amiable, rather than some stuck-up bitch so full of herself she'd explode any second. Aiden had had quite a few run-ins with annoyingly spoiled brats in adult bodies, and each time a stranger proved not to be one of those it was a blessing.

The Oriel's mind wrapped around the female's name, playing with it for a moment as he pondered. It sounded familiar in the same way her very scent was, but the male disregarded it for the time being. Tayui, huh? What an unusual name, and quite pretty. He smiled again, a genuine smile with no alternate undertones, and groaned a bit as he stretched. He tilted his head as another thought crossed his mind. Do you think someone could have set the fire on purpose?

Table by Tay

[/html]
[html]
He should break the news to them very, very gently. With a pillow and an offering of bread. I love bread. Nomnomnom. c:

She chuckled quietly at his reaction, regarding him contentedly. There had been no real reason for the smirk, aside from a few jokes she had shared with herself. None that she could put into words, but a multitude of things that had amused her nonetheless. The fact that he had apologized for commercing with her (and for dabbling on a topic she found intriguing at the very least), his name and how she had taken a moment to try and spell it, realizing it had more consonants than most names might, among other things.

"I could say the same for you; I haven't heard a name such as yours in, well, a long time. Does it mean anything?" Her name had no meaning at all, or at least, none that she knew of. Her litter mates all had French names- Aurèle, Tobias and Barthélémy. There was little trace of her father's German heritage in their names, save for Tobias' last name- Tobias Liebe; love. She refrained a chuckle- love indeed, how it had torn her birth pack apart. The love his father had for his first mate, Amarante Reed, and later, the lust he had for Tayui's mother, Adélaide. She supposed Adélaide had never truly loved her father, but who was she to judge? Love was complicated, as she had found in her half-brother, Daedalus's case.

It was strange that she thought of her family at this time, but she supposed one's name tied them to their family in some way. She had been born as Tayui Aston-L'leh, but assumed the last name of L'leh when she joined Jaded Shadows. After she joined (or more appropriately, created), Shadowed Sun, she exchanged L'leh for Aston. Although her times tied her to her past (in both good and bad ways), they signified new beginnings as well for her.

She blinked, then returned the male's smile. "It is possible. After all, there were a lot of interesting characters in Bleeding Souls. It might make more sense than a malfunction of human equipment, as well," she said with a frown. "I don't know why someone would do that, but... you can never guess anyone's true intentions, can you?" She glanced up at Vedr, wondering if he might take the last few words the wrong (or right?) way.

[/html]