Hop and Pop
[html]

WC: 314 OOC: she is in secui form Smile dated after the hunt, though i am doubtful this will be a hunting trophy worthy hunt hahaha

sira kira

Sira wanted to be a bigger part of the pack. She wanted to give them more than what she did already. She found herself on her own smaller... much smaller hunt. She was far more confident in herself in this particular hunt than she was with the moose. These were quicker, but much, much smaller.

She found her quarry and was on it instantly. She snapped at the green carapace and caught it, shaking her head to make sure it was dead, but before she could trot off to give it to her alpha she felt herself automatically eating it. Oh well, she’ll eat and then find something for the woman she came to idolize. Again she found another many legged creature. crouching and waiting it came quite close to her and all she had to do was snatch her head at it. It nearly got away but she took its leg before it could get further. Unfortunately it fell off and it leapt away. Sira chased after it before finally swatting it with her tiny paw and knocking it unconscious. Proud of herself she made her killing “blow” before picking it up in her mouth and headed to where her alpha was. She came up slowly but her tail wagged, though it did not raise high like that of a purely happy healthy wolf.

“Look, I got you something. Here. Here!”

She said after setting down the grasshopper and nosing it to her alpha, in hopes of good praise and joyful eating. These were very good to help aid the digestion of the meat they had already eaten, at least that was what she got from her mother. She was able to live off them when she was with the bad men, though once she was found out and beaten she could no longer hunt after that.

<style>
.pinskira p {padding:0px 20px 5px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.pinskira b {color:#df99a0;}
.pinskira-b {width:502px; border:1px solid #372e33; margin:0px auto;}
.pinskira-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#df99a0; text-shadow:#372e33 1px 1px 4px; float: right; margin:-30px 10px 10px; font-style:italic; font-size:40px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.pinskira-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/jKZg7.png); height:200px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#fff;}
.pinskira-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.pinskira {background-color:#695862; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#372e33; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ndrops.png); background-color:#d9d3cd; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: o.o oh my...is X'y afraid of a bug?

• Setting: A calm and relaxing late afternoon. July 9th
  • Form: Secui

• A moment to breathe. A treasured time that allowed her muscles to stretch and rest and feel the afternoon sun across her back. And she was fed, still bathed in the crimson hues of carnage with the scent of death that brought about a rare calm that soothe her savage part. The reprieve, she felt was well deserved not only by herself but by her family as well. And so she lounged with fulfillment for her family in mind, drifting into a kind of sleep.

Til the patter of light steps perked her ears to attention and she lifted her heavy lids to behold this magnificent catch downed by her eager charge. Her gaze first met the small young woman with a smile as always on the rise, then fell to the green critter nudge just near her muzzle. And she stared at it...hard. She did not rightly know what to make of it, but she could have sworn it twitched when she breathed... and that was enough to get her to all paws. In her haste she stumbled back with the tethers of sleep attempting to pull her back down to where the...catch... still laid. Her hackles rose beneath the cover of red and claws sank nervously into the soft ground.

"Sira...Sira what is that?" the she-wolf attempted to steady her tongue just long enough to speak. It was an insect... that's what it was. And it was green. Too many legs... such an odd body. Too strange to look at and yet she could not turn away. But she knew she did not like it... and did not want it to touch her.

275 words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {
    background-image:none;
    padding:10px;
    line-height:12px;
    margin:5px auto; width:85%;
    background-color:#938d93;
    border:1px solid #2d242d;
    font-size:10px;
    color:#2d242d;
    border-radius:2px;
    border-style: dashed;
    -moz-border-radius:2px;
    -webkit-border-radius:2px; }

.oocinfo {
    width:250px;
    margin:5px; }
    </style>

[/html]
    [html]

WC: 209 OOC: Butbutbut you must make her happy!

sira kira

She was all smiles as the woman began to greet her, that was until she saw Sira’s prize. Then Sira’s ears folded back, not sure what to take of the situation that came before her. X’yrin sounded scared. Sira tilted her head and looked at the bug that lay before her.

“ Food. Mom said it’s good for the belly after a big meal.”

She said tilting her head, wondering why X’yrin looked at something with such fear. People thought Sira was crazy. She sat on her haunches and looked down at the little morsel. She didn’t know the ways of wolves it seemed, didn’t they eat bugs too? There were so many good things. She had eaten many legged creatures adn even snakes too, though they tended to be the small garden snakes that lived in the trees and fell down on accident and those were rare morsels.

“I caught it for you. Don’t you like them? I can get something else.”

She said, she wanted to please the woman and she could easily catch bugs, they were numerous right now until things dried up too much and even then she could find something. Something that would make X’yrin happy.

<style>
    .pinskira-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#df99a0; text-shadow:#372e33 1px 1px 4px; float: right; margin:-30px 10px 10px; font-style:italic; font-size:40px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
    .pinskira-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/jKZg7.png); height:200px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#fff;}
    .pinskira-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
    .pinskira {background-color:#695862; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#372e33; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
    </style>[/html]
    [html]
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ndrops.png); background-color:#d9d3cd; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

The woman had the trained ability to resist many things that crossed her path. She was made neutral by nature, seeing no need to please anyone or anything so extensively when it was out of her means. But when it came to the innocent, pleading eyes of her charge she was too weak at heart to do anything other than please her.

But…did Sira expect her to eat that insect? X’yrin felt her stomach lurch at the thought. She did not want to touch that many legged creature… let alone feel it go down her throat. Was this supposed to be the young one’s kill? But it was much too small! And…had too many legs for her liking. Perhaps a rabbit or a marten; something she did not have to stare at profusely before deciding to ingest it. Something she knew would go down her pallet smoothly.

But those eyes… and that sad face. The woman felt her heart sink as she looked again between her charge and her attempted kill. It twitched once more and the proud Alpha’s tail sank. …the ancestors were surely bored if they needed to entertain themselves with this vexing matter. “It is…quite alright, Sira.” Again she tried to get her trembling vocals under control. Slowly, very slowly, she lowered her muzzle toward the insect. “Your efforts are appreciated… though might I suggest larger prey? I believe there are burrowing creatures around…” Oh but her distraction would only get her so far before she was made to acknowledge the (twitching) insect again. It was a show of respect and good health to be offered food. The very least she could do was accept it with grace and dignity.

And so she parted her maw and lowered teeth to the critter. She drew it into her mouth with a swift swipe of her tongue and attempted to swallow before she could chew. And then she felt a leg catch the back of her throat and another tickle on the way down. It was such an odd sensation that she could not shake the tremors that brought her down to the ground, staring blinding ahead in alarm waiting for the internal hell to be over. “It is..” she swallowed again to force the critter down faster… “very interesting Sira. Thank you.”

384 words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {

.oocinfo {
    </style>

[/html]
    [html]

WC: 250 OOC:

sira kira

She could see the hesitance in the woman’s form, Sira blinked though was quiet as she watched her protector seem to balk at the idea of eating it, but Sira beamed when the woman said she didn’t have to, Sira would answer her question as she saw the woman lowered herself down to take the grasshopper. It did not seem to be tasteful to the woman and Sira tilted her head a little, but her tail wagged, happy that she could help X’yrin in some small way..

“I can cat burrowers, and rabbits, mice, and if I’m lucky I can sneak up on birds. But we already had that kind of flesh. You do not always eat crawlies?”

Sira asked. This was absurd! The thought was far too strange for Sira to even consider. She looked around wondering if wolves didn’t eat insects at all. That was when she got the smallest glimmer of an idea of how much wolves and Jackals were different, but it was blocked again as she turned her attention back on X’yrin.

“You’re welcome. I can find more if you want!”

Though, this was for Sira’s amusement than actually wanting to head out and catch more bugs. The girl was getting use to X’yrin to the point where she was her normal naive self, she showed less of her affliction to the woman, but that was about it. She was still scarred, still weak, still exposed.

<style>
    </style>[/html]
    [html]

ooc:

The meal was not going down her throat fast enough, but it would have been rude of her to quickly excuse herself to get to a water source. Though the prey was small, it was still caught in effort and etiquette demanded it be acknowledged… and perhaps critiqued.

She hadn’t thought to bring into question the diet of a jackal until this very moment as she began taking about ‘crawlies’ and other critters she could catch. They were all small game, but then the young woman was small herself. Perhaps insects were a delicacy for her pallet? But clearly not for the she-wolf. Whilst swallowing to push down the remaining legs, she about choked on a splintery limbs when the helpful girl suggested finding more. “NO!” she exclaimed in terror, then recoiled and hurriedly gathered herself. “No…pardon me… I meant it’s alright Sira. You needed find anymore. Besides… I think it’s a taste that you a better used to.” Ignoring the distasteful churning in her stomach, she offered a smile in the hopes of smoothing down the damages of her outburst.

“But I am glad you shared this with me,” she continued. “The next time we hunt on our lands, I will make certain to add this special treat to your meals.” Even if it meant touching the ‘crawlies’ with her own muzzle…while they were alive. She stifled a shudder.

There was a noticeable change that had overcome Sira, X’yrin had acknowledged as the days went by. At least with her she was not as skittish, more opened and engaged without the lingering tether of her trauma restraining her. It was like watching a pup fearful of the world come into her own and blossom mentally to what she was meant to be. Only had she ever experienced this transition from a distance while with her distant Nomad family. The young too frightened to emerge from their dens, certain that the light were burn their delicate eyes. But gradually with those first moments of faith and bravery, they would walk out into the sun and see they were safe under its warming gaze.

353 words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {

.oocinfo {
    </style>

[/html]
    [html]
    WC: 339 OOC:

Sira may be a hunter of small things but she could fell bigger, perhaps in this land a baby deer, but anything larger she would need the help of another or two. She was a powerful hunter at the best of times, but even she knew her limits on the animals she could hunt. This was her true downfall. Her thin figure would still be thin when she was at full health, and she could catch rabbits, groundhogs, fish, some birds, but it wouldn’t be enough to feed the whole of the pack. She did not worry about this yet for their bellies were full and she had to feel accomplished somehow especially after everything that happened with the hunt.

She smiled mischieviously at the woman’s reaction to offering her more, though it made her sad the woman wasn’t partial to crawlies but it was how it was. Her tail wagged as X’yrin mentioned adding it to her meals at home.

“It’s ok, I like catching them. That’s the best part of the whole hunt.”

Sira said, not certain about the woman’s entire reaction. She actually ate something she did not want to at least taht’s what it looked like. Though things would of course turn for the worse as she saw a flash of grey from behind the woman and she settled back into her meek self and looked away. Her mind berated her that she was no equal to this woman and that she shouldn’t be treating her as a friend but as someone potentially dangerous, though another part was fighting that she had been nothing but nice and so far Sira was fed and well cared for. This exchange of words to herself gave her a headache. She closed her eyes trying not to see anything. Yes she may have transformed but she still had a bit of her bad thoughts and hallucinations, though that wasn’t how Sira saw them. She was again the meek weak link of the pack.

<style type="text/css">
    .sirackal b {font-weight:bold; color:#17295f; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#6d626e 1px 1px 2px;}
    .sirackal p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
    .sirackal {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#fdd4ff; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/rzHAb.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #17295f; padding:330px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6d626e; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
    </style>[/html]