Familie ist alles
Rain had been busy most the morning making himself and Lux a home. Lux had fallen asleep in secui form with the fox pups curled up against her black and red underside while he made sure that the den was stable enough for them to live in. He had been happy to keep the human shovel he had found in his travels. It had made digging the den easier for him and he had dug for most the night and late into the morning, making sure that is was stable. He just finished making the beds and making sure the hole in the top was easily covered before going out and looking at his handy work. He howled for someone to come see it, waking Lux. She yawned and looked up at him, her sky blue eyes glowing with happiness, her tail wagging softly. "You finished it Da? Can I go to my room?" she asked and Rain shook his head yes.

"Take the foxes with you. I hope to meet one of our pack mates out here," he said as Lux picked up the fox pups in her teeth and carried them one by one into her new home. Rain waited for her to come back and helped her move some of their belongings into the den. He had made small storage areas for things like bows and furs and jars and things. He hoped that they got a pack mate to live with them. The more the merrier.
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ndrops.png); background-color:#d9d3cd; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

• Setting: Late Afternoon
  • Form: Secui

• It was shameful that a leader had not come to see how the new family was fairing, and sought to right this unintentional wrong with a prompt visit once her tasks for the day were completely. She had passed only briefly by the dens the day before on her way out to hunt, and hadn’t stopped to consider if the family needed help settling in. It was shameful on her part, and immediately she endeavored to make the family feel more comfortable… or at least add little natural comforts to extend the goodwill of the Nomad family they had become a part of.

In the morning, she collected the freshest blossoms just as they opened to the morning light and found wild greens and fragrant grasses to add to the growing bouquet. A small meal was caught for the young of the family; a plump marten whose agility was weighed by the size of his swollen belly making it a fine and easy catch. Hopefully it would suffice until an appropriate meal was caught for the pack as a whole.

Her welcome basket was wrapped within a thick elk hide, but was dragged to the family’s abode given her present four-legged form. And with it were the scents of the earth embedded into it, some flecks of grass and summer leaves enriched with the ripeness of the season. And as it was dragged through the dens, the scent of the pack attached itself to the hide as well, asking as a kind reminder of the others that called Sangi’lak home. “Hello…” X’yrin called out kindly around a mouthful of animal hide as she approached the family’s den. Carefully she placed it down by the entrance of the home. “I apologize for not coming to see you sooner. I hope you all are adjusting well…”

304 words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {
    background-image:none;
    padding:10px;
    line-height:12px;
    margin:5px auto; width:85%;
    background-color:#938d93;
    border:1px solid #2d242d;
    font-size:10px;
    color:#2d242d;
    border-radius:2px;
    border-style: dashed;
    -moz-border-radius:2px;
    -webkit-border-radius:2px; }

.oocinfo {
    width:250px;
    margin:5px; }
    </style>

[/html]
    Rain's tail wagged as he noticed someone coming up to his den. A packmate? As the figure got closer he noticed it was his alpha. He ran forward and rubbed against her softly before bowing to her. "Hello alphess. We are adjusting well. The fox pups are fairing well and I just finished our den. I was hoping to share it with someone," he said softly as Lux came out. At first the young woman didn't notice X'yrin and rubbed against her father softly. "The foxes are asleep Da. Did anyone come?" she whispered and Rain nudged her and pointed. She flinched before looking at X'yrin. "He...Hello," she stuttered and bowed low. Her ears laid back and she whined some. She knew how others looked at her. She was different.

"What brings you to the communal dens Alphess? Why don't you come in and we talk over some tea," he said as Lux practically ran back into the den. Rain nudged Xy'rin softly and turned his back to her, offering her the entrance to his den
    [html]
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ndrops.png); background-color:#d9d3cd; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

Coming to greet the small family, the reception she received was warm and inviting, encouraging a soft smile to her lips as she looked from Rain to his daughter as she approached. X’yrin followed the descent of her muzzle not with a cold, but careful gaze, observing her behavior. She was not ostracized by the pack, but it was evident there was a physical difference that kept her under the eye of the other pack members. While it was acknowledged, it was not pointed out with issue, but like the oddity in the room, it lingered but was not spoken of to maintain a polite air. To the young female, the Issor dipped her head in greeting then returned her kindly gaze to Rain.

“I’m glad to see you are making yourself comfortable. I hope to see the two of you around the grounds soon enough.” Her lush tail swayed with the thought of seeing them actively participating, joining the Family and assisting its prosperity. To the offer of ‘tea’ she tilted her head curiously having not heard of this thing. Was it anything like the cannabis of Ichika, she wondered. Accepting his offer, she followed him into the den, carefully dragging her gift deeper in toward the fire pit.

“Tea?” she was inclined to ask around a mouthful of hide. “What is tea, if I may ask?”

228 words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {
    background-image:none;
    padding:10px;
    line-height:12px;
    margin:5px auto; width:85%;
    background-color:#938d93;
    border:1px solid #2d242d;
    color:#2d242d;
    border-radius:2px;
    border-style: dashed;
    -moz-border-radius:2px;
    -webkit-border-radius:2px; }

.oocinfo {
    width:250px;
    margin:5px; }
    </style>

[/html]
    Rain chuckled. "Tea my lady is a drink of herbs and spices. I rather like raspberry and clove tea myself. I have some already waiting for us if you would like to try it," he said shifting into optime and taking the furs from X'yrin. "Thank you for these. And the birds. Do you want the tea in a cup or a bowl?" he asked as he went to his vast array of bowls and jars and other wooden creations. He was in the processes of making a new bow and a staff for X'yrin.

"Pardon the mess. I have been making something for you and trying to get things organised. I hope you don't mind," he said a Lux sat down next to him with the fox pups. She licked his cheek and wagged her tail softly. "Would you like to hold one of the pups. They are growing quite strong," said Rain as Lux signed to him. She looked at X'yrin, hoping the woman accepted her despite her being different.