looks like morning in your eyes
The bright light of the midmorning sun glinted in the white wolf’s dark eyes. She blinked and felt momentarily startled by the motes of blackness dancing in her vision, remnants from staring into the sun. Tyler shook her head slightly, snuffling as she reoriented herself. She inhaled the clean, fresh air and knew that she hovered close to marked borders. The presence of a group calling this place home was unmistakable to the wolf.

She shifted, feeling the energy of youthful excitement twining with the strength of her secui form. She preferred this form, especially while traveling, and reveled in the banked strength of her heavy muscles. Tyler felt that she had done well for herself in the past few weeks since she had parted ways with her father and brother. Although she missed them, she knew that their final destination would always lead to her birthplace. And to Tyler, that place was marked for a linger sadness that would threaten to grow long with shadows.

As much as the open possibilities of a life of travel appealed to her, especially with the influence of her father, Tyler knew that she was not meant to walk alone. She felt the hollowness within her days as the time passed and stretched and grew longer. She knew that the path she traveled figuratively could split from the one of her past. Tyler was eager to see if there were possibilities here for more, and she was more than willing to apply herself. Treading the border line with ease, keen dark eyes looked out and waited.
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ndrops.png); background-color:#d9d3cd; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: Big Grin Hi there! I actually remember Geneva from I first started playing here. It's wonderful to rp with you again. -secret fangirl-

• Setting: A clear, midmorning day. Sometime after the pack hunt
  • Form: Secui

• After the days before the family hunt of letting her brethren take the morning patrol, she felt it was about time that she resumed that role again. As a family, they had been very kind and understanding of her situation with Sira and offered nothing in contest to her kindness toward the girl. But the woman knew that eventually she would have to resume her duties to their fullest, beginning with the most basic of tasks... and giving her family a few more precious hours of sleep before the morning call.

Her strides were swift and timely, placed neither too light nor loud upon the golden path. Carried with her was the air of purpose without the weight of troubling thought attempting to drag her down. But upon her lips there was not a smile but as always her eyes were veiled by the wild strands of red. In her wake trailed the dual streams of autumn hues with the wild flora and feathers of her owl companions entangled within. As she slipped through the golden fields of the Expanse her leisured pace became accented with urgency as a graceful wind brought to her nose the scent of another just within the pack's reach.

Her advance was not quiet but swift; a charge of thundering paw fueled by the thick, powerful muscled limbs gifted by her ancestors and harnessed through the training of her distant Nomad family. In times of attack, such a charge would have been accompanied by the booming call to one's family for aid, but until such a time made that boisterous act necessary, the woman was quite fine to let her voice single in greeting to the stranger patiently awaiting at the borderline.

She gradually came to a halt then, allowing her heart to ease its rampant pace and breath in the clear air through parted maw. While she caught her breath she took this moment of pause to assess the female before her by what her eyes could initially see. She had donned a form that not many seemed partial to and that alone stirred interest within her amber gaze. "Goodday to you," the female lowered her head humbly in greeting to the stranger. Her words were soft-spoken as always, so faint that a sound wind would have surely stolen them away. "The lands you near are home to the Nomads of Sangi'lak. I am its Issor-its Alpha, X'yrin." Again she dipped her head then let it sit comfortably upright again. "Might I have the pleasure of your name, stranger? And perhaps what has brought you here..."

433 words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {
    background-image:none;
    padding:10px;
    line-height:12px;
    margin:5px auto; width:85%;
    background-color:#938d93;
    border:1px solid #2d242d;
    font-size:10px;
    color:#2d242d;
    border-radius:2px;
    border-style: dashed;
    -moz-border-radius:2px;
    -webkit-border-radius:2px; }

.oocinfo {
    width:250px;
    margin:5px; }
    </style>

[/html]
    I *loved* Zynex! Good to be back rping with you too!

Tyler felt at ease as the wind whispered, and although youthful, she felt a deep well of calm and patience. The wolf sometimes had to fight the pull of impatience, goaded by her youth. However, there was something peaceful here. She did not have to wait long as she let the warmth of the midmorning sun sink into her skin, as a cry rang out purposeful and clear. Although Tyler had rarely met other wolves outside of her own blood family, the white wolf understood the meaning of the call. Dark eyes stared out intently, and soon a wolf in autumn shades filled her vision.

The white wolf was momentarily dazzled by the impressive length of the other female’s mane. It was a wild red thing, twisting like a tongue of flame. She had never seen another with a mane so long and in such a color. She cleared her mind of this distraction as the delicate voice of the female caught up to her thoughts. The softness of her words seemed to bely her bold appearance.

Tyler dipped her head and tail, assuming a respectful posture as X’yrin explained her claim upon these lands. ”I am Tyler Ennis…erm, erstwhile wanderer, originally from south of here,” she said, by way of trying to explain her origins and modeling her speech after X’yrin’s a bit. She was unlearned in the cultures of other, having felt that she had never had a culture of her own. As a child, she had lived in her own world, comprised of her siblings and mother and occasionally dotted with the appearance of her wandering father. ”Papa is a ramblin’ man ,” the young white wolf continued, a smile curving her mouth as she spoke of him, using the term her mother used to describe the wanderer. ”I followed him and my brother around for a while, and decided to go out on my own. They wanted to go back south; I wanted to see the north.” Strange to think that that simple could encompass the last few weeks of her young life. Tyler stared intently at the ground, waiting for X'yrin's evaluation of her explanation.
    [html]
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ndrops.png); background-color:#d9d3cd; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: Big Grin

It was a secret that only a pawful knew, just how partial the female was to wanderers. It was not just because they had experienced the unknown and endured the elemental trials of nature... but because they were bond to have stories to stare. And nothing pleased a Nomad's ear more than tales of distant places. Even insight into another's culture was a fine treat a Nomad would look forward to, because it offered them something different to hear, something new to envision and instilled within them a desire to see or experience the tale for themselves.

How lucky she was!

"Wanderer..." she voiced thoughtfully with tail fanning the air excitedly. "Then truly it is a pleasure to meet you Tyler Ennis." How the young female spoke was endearing to the Nomad's ears even if her accent could not quite be placed. Never the less, it broadened her smile and a bubbling sensation began to surface. She giggled much like a pup would at a joke heard for the first time. Gradually the giddy spell dissipated but the smile lingered on her muzzle. "You must know better than most how perilous traveling alone came be... as well as how taxing it can be." With a nod of her muzzle, she gestured toward Tyler's stomach. "By chance, are you hungry? It is not everyday a wanderer comes to our borders..."

229 words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {

.oocinfo {
    </style>

[/html]
    WC: 525

X’ryin wasn’t exactly what she would have expected to encounter in her travels. However limited her time on this earth had been, for she had not yet finished out her first year of life, common sense dictated that most wolves would be territorial around their homes and distrusting. The autumn colored wolf, however, carried herself with an ease and a comfort in her own skin and strength, something that the young white wolf could instantaneously admire and envy. As far as she could tell, X’yrin had lived and experienced a rich life, and had secured her own identity, trusting herself even in the presence of a stranger. Tyler, on the other hand, had no idea who she was, much less what she truly wanted out of life. She was only beginning to explore that, thus her choice to wander.

As if on cue, the dark eyed yearling felt a slight cramping in her stomach. She smiled wryly, more in the mood to laugh at herself than be embarrassed. She could hunt well enough for herself, but she only did so in extreme cases when hunger made itself known to the point that it could not be ignored. Her attention span dictated much of what she did, and she was so enamored of visiting these wild, new lands that she only stopped to rest or eat when she was bone weary and could go no further. ”I reckon that I am,” she admitted, and felt for a moment a little shy. Tyler was not a brash creature, and while she did not embarrass easily, she did not want to seem incapable of fending for herself. Although she had just met X’yrin, she felt the need to make a good impression on her. The kind red maned wolf was the first she had stumbled upon – or sought out – in her times of travel. “It can be a little dangerous, but I do my best to watch out. I s’pose I have been lucky; haven’t run into anyone or anything too terribly aggressive.”

The white wolf’s tail fanned the air, indicating her pleasure to be in X’yrin’s presence as well. “I, uh, I could hunt and find something to bring back to you tomorrow afterward,” the white wolf offered, almost shyly. She wanted to accept the autumn Alpha’s hospitality, however brief or long it would turn out to be, but she also wanted to find an excuse to see X’yrin again, and perhaps talk to her for longer. Although Tyler did not feel lonesome, she definitely preferred company, especially the company of someone so unusual and unique to her as X’yrin. “Did you know,” Tyler said suddenly, a wave of excitement coming out of nowhere as the words tumbled out of her mouth, ”there’s this kind of creature…brown, furry, stout. It builds kind of...kind of these caves out of logs on the water. I saw one for the first time after I parted ways with Papa and Wolfram, my brother.” Tyler realized that she was rambling and finished in a rush. ”But it, uh, had these big flat fangs…and I don’t think it would be good to eat.”
    [html]

ooc: Big Grin

The sound of hunger was unmistakable as it often accompanied the title of wanderer. It was not to claim that a lone wolf could not hunt, but was simply a brand that only so much could be attained on one’s own. It was the symbol of a healthy appetite in need of a bit more than sustainable food. It was an invitation to conversation which the Nomad was more than willing to take.

Truly, the young one had been lucky in her ventures thus far. The uncouth often preyed on the weak and impressionable, especially those just embarking on their own paths through life. But as she recalled, the young one had traveled with the company of her family for a time until she chose to part from them. Perhaps her walk away was not long ago if she retained the views of luck and fortune, or perhaps her will was simply stronger to maintain it. Either way, the ancestors smiled upon the girl and the very least she could do was ensure she remained within their graces in good health.

And not only that, but to ensure she had the strength to hunt. X’yrin smiled in turn to her offer and again allowed her gaze to wander over her stark white form. It was a little difficult to tell initially, but there was muscle there beneath the volume of white. Though it was what her Shepard would have called ‘malleable’; still able to be sculpted and refined for a set purpose. But for now she was endowed with natural strength and ability. An able body to endure her travels alone. “I do appreciate your offer… but you needn’t hunt to return the favor. Unless of course you are compelled to do so.” If there was any trade to be offered, she could think of something with less effort in mind. Provided the young girl was keen on reciting the tales of her travels.

Apparently it was so as she describe an odd looking creature she had seen. It built caves out of logs? And on the water! “Is it big?” Her brows peaked in interest. “Was it far away?”

360 words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {

.oocinfo {
    </style>

[/html]
    WC: 355

X’yrin’s expression told Tyler all she needed to know: that her story telling would not be a burden or annoyance to the Alpha. Her interest was further evidenced by asking the white wolf further questions. Tyler paused for a minute, trying to place when exactly she had seen the odd water cave building creature. ”It was shortly after I left Papa…So, maybe two months ago. And south of here,” Tyler intoned, nodding as she was satisfied with the memories that she was combing through for details. ”The one I saw built its cave on a lake.” That strange creature certainly had liked the water.

”It was about…yeah, about this tall,” Tyler said, and dipped her snout to the ground to indicate where the top of the thing’s head might be if it were standing there in audience with them. ”Brown, kind of a muddy color. Dense fur. And stout all the way around. It reminded me kind of….I don’t know. It was like a cross between a badger, a squirrel, and a fish,” the white wolf concluded. It had certainly been one of the oddest things she had ever seen.

”I found the thing while I was trying to hunt for fish near its wood cave,” the white wolf explained, dark eyes shimmering with internal delight at the unique memory. ”All of a sudden, it broke the surface of the water. First its dark eyes and then its flashing white flat fangs.” That had been Tyler’s first impression of the creature. ”The oddest thing about it…it was its tail. It looked like it was scaled like a fish, and flat. The thing started smacking its tail against the water, really hard. And just kept doing that. Smack, splash, smack, splash. It really caused a terrible racket.”

The white wolf shrugged her shoulders. ”Maybe there are some around here,” she offered. She had scented water in this area. Perhaps there was even still water for the creature to build its peculiar wooden domicile. ”I think it’d have to be around a delta or a lake. A strong river would probably wash away the thing’s wood cave.”
    [html]

ooc:

Talk of this odd creature only increased the Nomad’s want to see it for herself. Its description alone made it something of interest if only to have a gander at an oddity of the world and perhaps take a sample of its hide and tail. And the noise it apparently made did not discourage her in the slightest. It only added to the appeal of something so strange; she wanted to see this creature for herself. But where to go about finding it…

A lake seemed a appropriate place for a creature that built its cave on the water, but the Issor had yet to see another resembling that description on or near the Adlarto’K. “Perhaps in due time something of that description will come to our lake. Or perhaps the rivers, since it makes it cave on the water.” An ear twitched thoughtfully. “If it was not long since you saw it last, perhaps it will not be too late for one to wander into our midst. It certainly sounds like something worth seeing.” And perhaps worth coveting when it was at last seen by her own amber eyes. But she could dream for the moment, though dreams were better had when stomachs were full and content. Her offer for food was still valid despite the pleasant distraction and as a reminder to it, she beaconed across the border with a generous sweep of her tail.

Trusting the young lady to follow, she padded off toward a known resource of stored meats carefully preserved for such times of offer like these. She maintained a leisurely trot to ensure her guest was able to follow, occasionally looking over her shoulder to make certain. “Please tell me Tyler,” the woman piped up, resuming her casual line of questioning. “You said you traveled with your father and brother. Were you all a part of a Family-a pack before then?”

317 words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {

.oocinfo {
    </style>

[/html]
    Sorry for the gap in responses. Been prepping for my wedding this upcoming weekend and prepping for a summer final exam too!

Tyler trotted after Xy’rin with youthful exuberance. She felt a small wind stir her fluffy white coat as she stretched her legs to keep pace with the Alphess. She was glad that she had been able to entertain the autumnal wolf with a small vignette of her travels. Although she had not been on her own for very long, only the span of a few months, it seemed like a lengthy time to her. She had yet to ring in her first year on this earth, and even the stretch of a few weeks seemed long to one who had yet to learn patience.

The amber eyed wolf turned to ask Tyler a question, and the dark eyed wolf stopped for a moment, weighing the significance of own of the words she had used in her question. Tyler knew what a pack was, although she had never been part of one. But she had certainly been part of a family, the one she had been born into. However, the way Xy’rin said “family” made Tyler think that there was a greater significance to what she was saying.

”I had my mom, sisters, brothers, and Papa,” Tyler intoned, the question evident in her voice. ”But I’ve known no other family or pack. No other group.” The white wolf cocked her head to the side as she resumed the easy trot to keep pace with Xy’rin, trusting that the woman would reveal to her what it was she meant by the word “family.” Didn’t everyone have a family? Even if they were parted, as Tyler was from her own folk, didn’t they at least lay claim to the ones they were born to?
    [html]

ooc: Wedding! How wonderful! -jelly-

When but a moment before she had been fine with foregoing a meal, the Nomad was stricken oddly enough by the craving for meat. Perhaps it was the talk of this odd creature that pulled her appetite from its dormancy. Regardless of its origin, she was motivated to quicken her pace through the rolling grasses of summer gold.

She kept an ear turned to her snowy companion, listening intently with a soft smile upon her muzzle. She had lived only with her blood family until recently. No pack, nor adopted group. It was not unheard of but a little unsettling to the mind of a packwolf, however unconventional they were compared to others. "No doubt the size of your family made your bonds stronger," there was a faint questioning inflexion to her tone, but remained a comment none the less. Nearing the Reserve she slowed the trot to a comfortable walk once more looking over her shoulder to insure young Tyler followed.

"I was once a part of a very large family," she offered in turn, inching toward a buried supply of dried meat. "There were seven separate families that made up a large community...and though we did not all share the same blood, we looked to each other as our own. It is a Family that my partner and I seek to create on the land you now tread. Although..."

On that note with a bit of a trill to her voice, she pushed her muzzle into the earthen cache searching blindly until her teeth caught the flesh of a preserved kill. Carefully she withdrew the elk thigh and set it before her guest with proud tail high and wagging; a silent invitation to eat. "I must admit that we of Sangi'lak are more generous to wanderers than my prior family..."

301 words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {