Beginning of the wind
OOC: Desired Profession Path:Skilled ranks (Gola Wasti maybe?)
NPC's:none

Aethusa's melancholy march had begun two days ago on an she started from Etheral Eclipse and had just entered Serena Reserve. She was ready, she was ready to join a pack, AniWaya. She had no idea what to do. Maybe show submission. A LOT of submission. I guess I should do that when I get there, show submission. Aethusa hadn't exactly had the chance to be taught anything about packs, she didn't even know they existed in till she started to tag along with loners on her way to the place she was now. Her life hadn't been the easiest, she could barely remember it, because of her losing her memory when she was only 8 months. Only flash backs of her life revealed her past, very painful flash backs. She had been very unsure about which pack to join. I guess all wolves are unsure about what pack to join. She had met some friends along the way here. Like the three male loners, the tall scrawny male that she would never forget. Lupus? No... She had offended herself, she could remember his name. Aww yes! Lance. One of those rare smiles crossed her face when she thought about him. He was very kind. She still had then scar on her back from her injury when she first met him, but she had decided to move on after awhile of trekking along with Lance, Lukos, and Toby, they were a lot of fun, probably the most fun she had had in a long time, well what she could remember. "I wonder how Shorty, Punk, and Mutt are do'in?" She said to herself, she loved giving nicknames to the beings around her. Lance was tall, but she called him shorty. Lukos was punk, because, she kind of admired the way he took on leadership and acted, and Toby was mutt, mostly because he was a dog. She chuckled thinking about those three. Suddenly she could smell the territory markers close by. She jumped back, she hoped she hadn't crossed the border. She took in a deep breath. Was she really ready to take on all of those responsibilities when she howled, or would she howl, could she even break through the nervous aura around her just to let off that howl into the sky. Could she? Suddenly out of pure nervousness she howled, of course it wasn't her best howl, but at least it was a howl.
OOC: Hey there! Big Grin Please note that you cannot start at a Skilled rank -- everyone start at Beginner and move upwards to Skilled and Master after awhile. Read more about our rank system on our website, here, or simply PM us if you have questions!
WC: 264
Unalihelitseti = "Greetings" in AniWayan

Ulilohi was getting used to distant calls from near the borders. While her tribe seldom sang, lone singers approached them at regular intervals. Some sought only an audience or perhaps the eschange of goods, and some sought more: a place among them, a favor, safety. Hospitality was core to their tribe, and so it felt very natural to Ulilohi to get up and stride out of her Town Hall, walking in the direction of the howl. It hadn't been a demanding signal, but she wanted to meet her tribe's guests whenever she could. Greeting a few tribesmembers on her way, she exited the village and was closing in on the border after a while. It was just about time for her to do her usual rounds and mark the territory anyway, she usually did so once a day. Combining that duty with meeting a stranger's call suited her very well; a break from the usual routine of things.

Her nose guided her in the right direction, and as she approached she spotted a figure waiting for someone to meet her there. Ulilohi strode towards her in long steps, one hand raised in greeting. Once close enough to comfortably speak, she offered a greeting. Her ears were pointed and her tail was high, her spine straight where she stood on two legs, clearly signalizing who was the leader of this place. Still, her deep voice was not unkind when she spoke. "Unalihelitseti, stranger. What do you seek?" She offered a polite smile and studied the female thoroughly as she awaited an answer.
*smacks face* Sorry!

Aethusa had smelled the Alpha coming and had immediately got into a submissive posture, What if she doesn't accept me! She thought, she knew nothing about packs. She would have to learn. Then when the she-wolf approached and had greeted her, she didn't hesitate to tell her. "I-i-i-I." She paused. C'mon! Don't be a wimp! Aethusa could be very shy at times, and she hated herself when she was. "I wish to join your pack ma'am." She replied, not looking the Alpha in the eyes yet. "I am Aethusa Ageir, but please just call me Aethusa, I do have some fighting and hunting skills, and I'm quite nifty with a dagger." She could feel her heart beating, nervousness was taking over, she dug her claws in the ground, just to keep herself from running away. Her eyes clamped shut, not yet revealing her strange eyes coloration. The scar raking across her left eye ridge to her right cheek was draped in sweat. The feather's behind her left ear, were almost sticking up with her fur. She had never been so anxious, she guessed she had never really been accepted, so, this was her moment of truth. She tried not to whine, she didn't want to run off, she was doing all she knew about submission, was it enough, just burring her muzzle underneath her paws, sticking her tail firmly between her hind legs, lowering her body, and flattening her ears, molding around her head. Would it work? She didn't want to offend the Alpha in front of her. Then she thought of something else, she dug her muzzle into the ground. I hope that's enough submission! All of the emotions swelling up inside her, the thoughts booming in her head, it was really that important to be accepted to Aethusa, to just be, apart of something, and not being alone. That's how she saw herself for the rest of her life, alone, but now, she felt like she might really be accepted.
OOC: Sorry for the wait -- I don't have as much internet time right now Smile One more post and we're good I think! Let me know which Beginner rank you would like? Smile

The brown-pelted female studied the silver female, her post clearly submissive. The Anasgayv was quite used to strangers seeking a place among their ranks by now: they came by every so often. Sometimes another in the council would greet them, and sometimes it was Ulilohi who found this duty. The strangers varied much as individuals do, not only in personality and skill, but also in the manner in which they approached the tribe. This one knew her place: that much was certain. Aethusa introduced herself and refrained from meeting the Anasgayv's eye. While Ulilohi usually would ask questions to their skill, this one quickly included it in their introduction, and the councilwoman nodded as she listened.

Still, she was not entirely convinced. Skills were all and well, but why was a wolf with such prized abilities on her own and seeking a new place like this? A scar ran across the female's face: what story did it tell? Was she an outcast or a criminal, or merely lost? Her pose didn't seem to indicate that she was the type to defy a pack: she was clearly nervous. A sly criminal seeking to enter their ranks would most likely not behave like that at all, but she would have to ask. Most packs valued their warriors more than to let them slip away, so why was Aethusa alone? "Useful abilities. I am Ulilohi, Council leader of AniWaya. Tell me -- why is it that you have no pack already?"
It won't let me open the aniwaya site to see the ranks and their meanings again, so I guess I'll be Ayule.
____________________________________________________________________________________

Aethusa waited for a response, she could tell that the red she-wolf was studding her submissive posture, I think it's enough! She thought excitedly. Then when the she-wolf spoke she remain quite, listening and taking in her words, reading there meaning on the spot, once the Councilwoman stopped speaking, she quickly responded. "It is an honor to be in your presence." She paused. "I've never been in a pack before, because, I lost my memory when I was only 8 months, I woke up my parents and everyone was gone. I guess I still was relearning so much I never thought about joining a pack only a few days ago." The only thing that Aethusa could remember from her past was her brother ruthlessly scarring her, then she remember nothing else but the painful little flash backs here and there, but that was all. "I know, I'm not making myself look very worthy to be in a pack, but I can't, I'm not good at being someone I'm not when you have to show your real soul to someone. So that they can really see who you are." That was the only way she could remark those words, no neater or easier to actually understand.
OOC: Apologies - the site was down because I was doing some maintenance, so that's my fault! It should be up again now Smile Ayule is for puppies, but the general rank for adults is Itse, so I'll title you as that. You can change to a different beginner rank anytime by request Smile
Sorry for shortness: replying from my phone

The other seemed to give it some thought, and Ulilohi kept her gaze on her as she waited for a response. She kept her dominant pose, and Aethusa seemed to recognise the autority of her rank. She expressed feeling honored, and Ulilohi nodded courdially to the mention, though she did not comment on it. Her ears flicked in interest as Aethusa continued to tell her tale, making note of her youth. Hers was a culture that believed in hospitality and forgiveness, and she deeply respected honesty. "I am sorry," she said in response to her sad story. "Anyone willing to learn are welcome here, and we could certainly use your skills." The councilwoman extended a hand, indicationg towards the path behind her. "This path leads to the Village - you can accompany me if you will, and I can show you around." She usually didn't offer this, but the young one seemed a gentle soul.
Okay I finally got to the site, Gata Hineyu, if that is to high of a rank then I'll be Tsisdu Kanati.

I... guess this means I'm accepted? Aethusa thought. She rose, then realized how tall the she-wolf really was, Aethusa was 6'3. Finally looking the Alpha in the eyes. Was she suppose to do that? Of course she had never been in a pack before, so how would she know? Her odd eyes sparkling in the light. "I would like it if I could see the village Ma'am." She accepted the she-wolf's offer. Then she realized, was she accepted? She paused, and cleared her throat. She took in a deep breath an then sighed. Aethusa felt stupid to what she was about to ask. "But, ma'am, I..." She paused again. "Does this mean that I am accepted?" She lowered her head. She closed her eyes, she felt guilty, she didn't know if the Councilwoman would snap or not. But this is what she had been awaiting for, ever since two days ago. She felt as if with the stupid question she had just asked would cost her her acceptance if that's what the she-wolf had meant by 'we always need help' or something like that. Aethusa was good at smelling auras, she could smell nothing from the she-wolf that was towering over her, just yet.
OOC: Okay, that's works! Big Grin Short again, there is little to write? Let me know if you want to continue the thread or close it here?

Also, a note: I saw that you initially had posted your OOC message in an IC post: since you have now edited the post to contain an IC post, I just wanted to let you know that it's otherwise never allowed to post OOC messages in IC forums, unless the post also contains an IC post. Just so you know!

The other reacted well to Ulilohi's words, and the councilwoman nodded in response to her agreement and took a step in her indicated direction, waiting as if holding off for the other to follow her. The signal was clear, but she seemed uncertain about what the councilwoman was offering. The brown female smiled as she nodded. "Yes, you can join our ranks, as you requested. We are in need of your skills, and you seem honest." It was that simple. Waiting, the councilwoman indicated again with her arm in the direction of the path on which she'd traveled here. She saw no point in staying here doing nothing, when she could return to her duties in the Village with Aethusa in tow.
[html]
<style>.awinfo a { font-weight: bold; }</style>
Welcome to AniWaya!

Hooray! Check out all of this fun stuff:

• Have a look at the Aniwaya Territories for interesting areas to explore.
  • Completing tasks in the season game offer collectibles, tables, avatars, icons, art and titles. Have a look!
  • You can collect points from your posts and trade them for various prizes, including art.
  • Remember to look into AniWaya's culture and laws!
  • Do you have a horse? Add it to the official stables overview, here.
  • Do you have a spirit guide already? Add it to our current listings, here.

Need help? Confused about AniWaya stuff? Don't hesitate to PM your questions to the AniWaya account, and we'll reply as soon as possible. If you need posting tables, avatars or sigs, you can request code and graphics in the talents subforum. If you're feeling lost or confused about the game, don't hesitate to post a question in the Questions and Help forum!

[/html]
Aethusa was excited. Very. "Thank you so much! I promise I won't fail you or your pack ever!" She bowed respectfully, Aethusa felt so much happiness surging inside her, she had never felt happy before. She loved it! The best feeling ever! Being accepted meant the world to her. Aethusa's heart beat fast, her icey blue, dagger-like claws, digging into the ground with an enthusiastic stance. Her tail held high with pride. Her ears perked. And one of those rare smiles crossed her sullen face.

Aethusa Ageir then realized that she was acting out of line around an Alpha, then she went back into her submissive posture, ears flattened and tail tucked firmly between her legs, "So sorry, I tend to get out of line when I'm happy." She apologized with a pause. "It's just I've never been accepted." She inhaled with a sigh, her face once again turning sullen and serious. She held her head high, ears still flattened and tail tucked. Yet her submissive posture, she was still excited, she couldn't wait for the adventure, new faces, and fun times ahead.